PDA

View Full Version : Eagles News: Von Miller listed among potential trade targets!

Cugel
10-05-2019, 11:00 PM
I don't think this rumor counts as real news. But the mere fact there are such rumors indicates something is going on. The Broncos are probably hearing offers about Von Miller. I doubt he gets traded though.

Eagles News: Von Miller listed among potential trade targets
78 comments

Eagles trade rumors: Von Miller, Chris Harris headline potential targets not named Jalen Ramsey (https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/10/5/20899700/eagles-news-von-miller-potential-trade-targets-philadelphia-broncos-rumors-nfl-football-pass-rusher) - NBCSP

Broncos outside linebacker Von Miller: Staying in Denver, an idea that’s catching on is the possibility of shopping Miller, with NFL Network analyst and former Eagles scout Daniel Jeremiah suggesting Howie make a call. It’s not that farfetched — Broncos general manager John Elway himself raised the prospect of shopping Miller back in the offseason. And while the seven-time Pro Bowler is a linebacker by trade, he’s played with his hand in the dirt before. The cost would be high, surely starting with a first-round pick and then some, plus $18 million in 2020 and ’21, when Miller will be 32. A case can also be made defensive end isn’t even the real issue for the Eagles’ defense. But when you can add anybody who registered 14.5 sacks only a season ago, you’ve got to at least look into it.

News reports that Elway is shopping Von Miller. Even if this report isn't accurate (it's speculation at best), the fact that his name is appearing connected with trade rumors means they are actively looking at offers at least.

They might not get any offers they like (1st round pick at a minimum). The Eagles 1st rounder might be somewhere in the mid-20's if they make the playoffs (a given).

Does not sound like the Broncos management are all in on competing this season.

aberdien
10-06-2019, 12:41 AM
My heart can’t handle this.

FanInAZ
10-06-2019, 01:01 AM
I don't think this rumor counts as real news. But the mere fact there are such rumors indicates something is going on. The Broncos are probably hearing offers about Von Miller. I doubt he gets traded though.

News reports that Elway is shopping Von Miller. Even if this report isn't accurate (it's speculation at best), the fact that his name is appearing connected with trade rumors means they are actively looking at offers at least.

They might not get any offers they like (1st round pick at a minimum). The Eagles 1st rounder might be somewhere in the mid-20's if they make the playoffs (a given).

Does not sound like the Broncos management are all in on competing this season.

It doesn't matter how badly you want to go out with a girl. If she not interested, then she's not interested. You need to get over her & move on. Broncos insiders already said that Miller is 1 player that the Broncos are not going to trade, period. If the Eagle are truly interested in him, because they realize that all they need to do to increase his sack production is to have rush the passer instead of dropping back into coverage, they need to get over him & move on to someone whose team is interested in trading him.

BroncoWave
10-06-2019, 06:13 AM
I already really like the Eagles because they have an actually intelligent head coach who uses analytics and realizes it's smart to actually go for two and 4th downs a lot, so if Miller goes there too, they might just become my NFC team.

Having said that, please don't do this Denver. I know we'd probably get a massive haul for him, but I want him to retire in Denver.

BroncoWave
10-06-2019, 06:44 AM
It doesn't matter how badly you want to go out with a girl. If she not interested, then she's not interested. You need to get over her & move on. Broncos insiders already said that Miller is 1 player that the Broncos are not going to trade, period. If the Eagle are truly interested in him, because they realize that all they need to do to increase his sack production is to have rush the passer instead of dropping back into coverage, they need to get over him & move on to someone whose team is interested in trading him.

No one is untradeable, other than maybe a young star QB on a rookie deal. Pretty much everyone has a price. If a team offered us something like 4 first rounders for Miller, we'd be insane to say no. I tend to agree he probably isn't going anywhere, but any smart team is doing their due diligence and at least calling to see how available he is.

Northman
10-06-2019, 07:23 AM
It makes sense especially for a team like Denver who is in total disarray and in need of a new direction. Sometimes you need to tear it all down in order to build it back up.

BroncoWave
10-06-2019, 08:12 AM
It makes sense especially for a team like Denver who is in total disarray and in need of a new direction. Sometimes you need to tear it all down in order to build it back up.

I'd still rather not trade him, and if I'm Denver I'm probably hanging up if their initial offer is anything less than 3 firsts or 2 firsts and a second or something like that.

Northman
10-06-2019, 08:16 AM
I'd still rather not trade him, and if I'm Denver I'm probably hanging up if their initial offer is anything less than 3 firsts or 2 firsts and a second or something like that.

They will never get that especially with Von struggling to get sacks this year whether its his fault or the scheme's fault. No one is going to pay him that, back in 2015 probably but not now.

BroncoWave
10-06-2019, 08:18 AM
They will never get that especially with Von struggling to get sacks this year whether its his fault or the scheme's fault. No one is going to pay him that, back in 2015 probably but not now.

Then he's not worth trading. I'm all for a rebuild, but I'm not for selling guys off at pennies on the dollar.

Nomad
10-06-2019, 11:37 AM
Don't touch our Von!

wayninja
10-06-2019, 12:01 PM
But you can touch our Chubb!

Nomad
10-06-2019, 12:10 PM
But you can touch our Chubb!

I like our Chubb, too.

MOtorboat
10-06-2019, 12:12 PM
NFL report that everybody but Miller is available.

BroncoWave
10-06-2019, 12:14 PM
NFL report that everybody but Miller is available.

Sounds good to me. I'd probably want to keep anyone still on a rookie contact too.

Cugel
10-06-2019, 12:40 PM
No one is untradeable, other than maybe a young star QB on a rookie deal. Pretty much everyone has a price. If a team offered us something like 4 first rounders for Miller, we'd be insane to say no. I tend to agree he probably isn't going anywhere, but any smart team is doing their due diligence and at least calling to see how available he is.

4 First rounders? :eek:

Dude, the 49ers gave a 2nd round pick for Jimmy Garappolo. The Broncos would be very lucky to get as much for Von as the Raiders got for Kalil Mack, who is younger and much cheaper and thus more valuable.

Bears get: Khalil Mack, a 2020 second-round round pick and a conditional 2020 fifth-round pick.

Raiders get: 2019 first-round pick, 2020 first-round pick, 2020 third-round pick, 2019 sixth-round pick.

The Bears gave up a late first round pick in 2019, another next year and a 3rd rounder in 2020 and got Mack plus the Raiders probably high second rounder in 2020.

Von might get you a first, but any team that would trade for him would be an 11-5 or 12-4 type team that thinks Von will win them a SB right away. They won't have a great draft pick.

And Chris Harris might get you a 3rd rounder? The Broncos have drafted Dre'Mont Jones, Isaac Yiadom and Carlos Henderson in the 3rd round in the last 3 seasons. :tsk:

Do we really think Elway will make use of that 3rd rounder to get someone to replace Chris Harris? Or even produce an impact player at any position?

MOtorboat
10-06-2019, 12:45 PM
4 First rounders? :eek:

Dude, the 49ers gave a 2nd round pick for Jimmy Garappolo. The Broncos would be very lucky to get as much for Von as the Raiders got for Kalil Mack, who is younger and much cheaper and thus more valuable.

The Bears gave up a late first round pick in 2019, another next year and a 3rd rounder in 2020 and got Mack plus the Raiders probably high second rounder in 2020.

Von might get you a first, but any team that would trade for him would be an 11-5 or 12-4 type team that thinks Von will win them a SB right away. They won't have a great draft pick.

And Chris Harris might get you a 3rd rounder? The Broncos have drafted Dre'Mont Jones, Isaac Yiadom and Carlos Henderson in the 3rd round in the last 3 seasons. :tsk:

Do we really think Elway will make use of that 3rd rounder to get someone to replace Chris Harris? Or even produce an impact player at any position?

You. Do. Not. Stop. Acquiring. Draft. Picks. Because. Other. Draft. Picks. Busted.

:tsk:

Poet
10-06-2019, 01:29 PM
I don't want to trade Von per se, but I have no sacred cows. Do the Eagles even have the ammo, though?

Nomad
10-06-2019, 01:32 PM
I don't want to trade Von per se, but I have no sacred cows. Do the Eagles even have the ammo, though?

you make me sad with your undertones.

Nomad
10-06-2019, 01:33 PM
McRibs are terrible.

underrated29
10-06-2019, 01:36 PM
SHOTS FIRED!!!!

l

Poet
10-06-2019, 01:51 PM
you make me sad with your undertones.

Why? I don't want to trade Von. I love me some Von. This is a known thing. Don't get s/mad at me, get s/mad at the shitty drafting and FA choices that got us here.

I won't fight with you, Nomad. If you want to disparage a favorite thing of mine, that is your right.

BroncoWave
10-06-2019, 01:53 PM
Why? I don't want to trade Von. I love me some Von. This is a known thing. Don't get s/mad at me, get s/mad at the shitty drafting and FA choices that got us here.

I won't fight with you, Nomad. If you want to disparage a favorite thing of mine, that is your right.

Let's go get McRibs together my brother.

Poet
10-06-2019, 01:55 PM
Let's go get McRibs together my brother.

**** yeah!

Cugel
10-06-2019, 02:48 PM
You. Do. Not. Stop. Acquiring. Draft. Picks. Because. Other. Draft. Picks. Busted.

:tsk:

I'm not opposed to a trade if it's part of a Strategic Plan that provides a real way forward. I'm saying that the Broncos aren't getting 4 first round picks. I'm saying they would get at most ONE first round pick, and maybe a 3rd rounder.

AND I'm saying that John Elway cannot be the person making those picks because he's proven that he can't find talent in the third round.

What I object to most is that there was no real strategic plan from Elway the last 3 years. There's been ridiculous fantasies about how good their team is and how everything is gonna turn around once we get rid of Vance Joseph.

Well, that fantasy exploded. However bad Vance was (and he was pretty bad), this ain't any better. Scangarella doesn't look like he knows how to call games.

Simple Jaded
10-06-2019, 05:32 PM
Team sucks = trade your best players.

Stupid.

Poet
10-06-2019, 05:41 PM

Stupid.

If you aren't winning with them and you need a rebuild, and your best players are aging...it's not necessarily stupid. It often can be smart.

Simple Jaded
10-06-2019, 06:00 PM
If you aren't winning with them and you need a rebuild, and your best players are aging...it's not necessarily stupid. It often can be smart.

But when your team sucks shouldn’t you replace the players that suck?

Poet
10-06-2019, 06:13 PM

You do both. You get the assets you can and go large scale revamp. Sometimes you have so many holes in the team that the fastest way back to the playoffs is the rebuild.

Tbolt
10-06-2019, 06:37 PM
This is not the NBA. No team is so bad they need a total rebuild. That thinking turns you into the Cleveland Browns. You also can’t attract FA’s when you set out to suck. IF lock is a franchise QB, then you don’t need a fire sale to suddenly be in the mix. But we need a few quality drafts.

Cugel
10-06-2019, 07:25 PM

Stupid.

The logic is simple. Why pay an elite player $20m if you're years away from competing. By the time the team is ready to win again, Von would be several years older. Better to start over with good young players by selling everybody for draft picks.

I don't fully buy this idea but the team really does need as many draft picks as they can get.

Cugel
10-06-2019, 07:28 PM

They don't all suck. Mostly the Broncos suck because Elway sucks at the draft. So, behind a bunch of FA starters you paid top $ for to fill holes there's virtually nothing.

Bausby goes down and they have to resort to Isaac Yiadom and he gets two penalties on his first drive.

The few good players they have left are mostly FAs next year -- like Sanders, Harris and Wolfe amid others.

Shazam!
10-06-2019, 07:41 PM
Elway has final approval and all that but he has a whole scouting and personnel dept evaluating the players and advising him. There is somewhere change is sorely needed.

slim
10-06-2019, 08:08 PM
I wish Cugal would replace all of his posts that suck.

Nomad
10-06-2019, 08:11 PM
I wish Cugal would replace all of his posts that suck.

Cugel needs to show himself.

slim
10-06-2019, 08:12 PM
Cugel needs to show himself.

Ewww

Nomad
10-06-2019, 08:13 PM
Ewww

You think Cugel is a family man?

slim
10-06-2019, 08:14 PM
You think Cugel is a family man?

No.

Simple Jaded
10-06-2019, 08:45 PM
They don't all suck. Mostly the Broncos suck because Elway sucks at the draft. So, behind a bunch of FA starters you paid top $ for to fill holes there's virtually nothing.

Bausby goes down and they have to resort to Isaac Yiadom and he gets two penalties on his first drive.

The few good players they have left are mostly FAs next year -- like Sanders, Harris and Wolfe amid others.

Ok, so replace the shitty players AND the good players that are mostly FAs next year.

Timmy!
10-06-2019, 09:07 PM
All i hear is radio gaga.....