PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes week 5 (Chargers week)

Denver Native (Carol)
10-01-2019, 03:34 PM
Mike Klis
‏Verified account @MikeKlis
19m19 minutes ago

Letting Keishawn Bierria go an indication Joe Jones ready to return from triceps injury. Bierria and Jones are both special teams linebackers. Jones one of the league's best. Bierria a quality guy who played all 20 games on special teams since he was 6th-rd pick last yr. #9sports

Mike Klis
44m44 minutes ago

Broncos have also claimed OT Calvin Anderson from Jets. Waived LB Keishawn Bierria per source. #9sports

Mike Klis
48m48 minutes ago

Confirming Broncos have signed former Chargers/Jets OLB Jeremiah Attaochu. Born in Nigeria. Played at Georgia Tech. Had 6.0 sacks for Chargers in 2015 and 2.0 sacks in 11 games for Jets last year. #9sports

Denver Native (Carol)
10-01-2019, 03:41 PM
ENGLEWOOD — After leading the Broncos to five division titles, two Super Bowls and a world title, John Elway carved a solid reputation as an executive. However, blame is landing squarely on his doorstep after the team's first back-to-back losing seasons since 1972 and the current group looking to avoid the first 0-5 start in franchise history.

Talk radio shows are calling for his firing or resignation. Such is the current mess of the Broncos. During his weekly radio spot, Elway was asked by 850 KOA's Dave Logan, with the question framed around Elway's competitive nature, if there is a point where Elway would consider walking away.

"It's always tough, and it doesn't get any (easier) the older you get. It actually gets probably a little bit tougher. Ultimately this comes down to me, so I’m here to get this thing figured out, and we're going to keep battling on this thing, and we're going to try and find a way to win some football games," Elway said. "No, it's not easy. I've dealt with ups and downs my whole life and this is the one time we're 0-4, we're a little bit behind the 8-ball. But now is really the time to put our nose to the grindstone, work at this and see if we can get it figured out. That's what my goal is going to be, and that's what I am going to do."

rest - interesting - https://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/broncos-gm-john-elway-says-its-his-job-to-get-mess-figured-out