PDA

View Full Version : Per Adam Schefter Bradley Chubb out for the year torn ACL

broncofaninfla
09-30-2019, 12:57 PM
The news just keeps getting worse...………….

HORSEPOWER 56
09-30-2019, 01:03 PM
Zoinks!

MOtorboat
09-30-2019, 01:06 PM
Another damper.

Poet
09-30-2019, 01:07 PM
God ******* dammit. Mother ******* bullshit mother ******. Football Gods you mother ******* ******s. You can suck my ******* dick you ruthless unfair ***** ******* **** bitches. **** you. The god damned bitch ass mother ******* ******ing ******s. **** **** **** **** **** **** **** shit shit **** ass **** **** ass shit **** **** bitch **** **** **** **** **** ******* ******* *****. Chubb is my second favorite player and now I don't even get to watch that beautiful ******* play? He went back into the game later because he's a tough SOB.

This sucks.

dogfish
09-30-2019, 01:08 PM
We're cursed. This season is over. They should start putting vets on the trading block right now.

VonDoom
09-30-2019, 01:09 PM
Season was already over but that still sucks. Always tough to lose one of our most promising young guys

HORSEPOWER 56
09-30-2019, 01:10 PM
We're cursed. This season is over. They should start putting vets on the trading block right now.

Other than NE and of course KC, I wouldn’t mind trading CHJ and maybe Von to an AFC team that could beat those two and prevent either from going to the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, outside of those two teams, I can’t think of an AFC team that has much chance.

dogfish
09-30-2019, 01:14 PM
Other than NE and of course KC, I wouldn’t mind trading CHJ and maybe Von to an AFC team that could beat those two and prevent either from going to the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, outside of those two teams, I can’t think of an AFC team that has much chance.

Send 'em to Philly. Doug Pederson knows how to beat the Patsies.

Poet
09-30-2019, 01:15 PM
Send 'em to Philly. Doug Pederson knows how to beat the Patsirs.

Fletcher Cox and Von on the same team...oh god damn.

BroncoWave
09-30-2019, 01:15 PM
Welp

Tned
09-30-2019, 01:19 PM
Hope he didn't do further damage when he went back into the game after tearing it.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-30-2019, 01:19 PM
Send 'em to Philly. Doug Pederson knows how to beat the Patsies.

We need a team with lots of draft picks to trade, though. Philly has been wheelin and dealin them pretty hard to build that roster.

Magnificent Seven
09-30-2019, 01:21 PM
F***! :mad:

The Glue Factory
09-30-2019, 01:21 PM
God ******* dammit. Mother ******* bullshit mother ******. Football Gods you mother ******* ******s. You can suck my ******* dick you ruthless unfair ***** ******* **** bitches. **** you. The god damned bitch ass mother ******* ******ing ******s. **** **** **** **** **** **** **** shit shit **** ass **** **** ass shit **** **** bitch **** **** **** **** **** ******* ******* *****. Chubb is my second favorite player and now I don't even get to watch that beautiful ******* play? He went back into the game later because he's a tough SOB.

This sucks.

Sooooo... Your happy that Chubb's backup is now playing?

:behindsofa:

Poet
09-30-2019, 01:22 PM
Sooooo... Your happy that Chubb's backup is now playing?

:behindsofa:

You!

Edmonton Bronco Fan
09-30-2019, 01:22 PM
0-16 here we come.

I feel bad for Chubb, not this team and certainly not Elway or Fangio.

Chubb has a long and productive superstar career ahead of him but you never know just how effective the body will respond coming off of ligament damage.

MasterShake
09-30-2019, 01:33 PM
0-4 start, fractured locker room, and now this?

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/mobile/000/028/539/DyqSKoaX4AATc2G.jpg

Seriously. Cut the fat, start the youth movement, and get a head start on next year. We are playing with house money now, lets hope for some upsets or at least some fun games at this point!

The Glue Factory
09-30-2019, 01:35 PM
You!

:vroam:

GEM
09-30-2019, 01:36 PM
0-4 start, fractured locker room, and now this?

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/mobile/000/028/539/DyqSKoaX4AATc2G.jpg

Seriously. Cut the fat, start the youth movement, and get a head start on next year. We are playing with house money now, lets hope for some upsets or at least some fun games at this point!

Unless some of the fat cut starts higher up, I don't think we get better. It's great to trade all your playmakers away, but if you get 2 pb&j sandwiches in exchange, blah. So far, we gave CHJ more money with no plan on next year, flacco an extra couple years guaranteed with not a single positive for the team. I don't trust this front office with damn near anything anymore.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-30-2019, 01:37 PM
Mike Klis
‏Verified account @MikeKlis
28m28 minutes ago

Confirming Bradley Chubb has partial tear in ACL which is why he was able to play through it for a while per source. MRI today showed extent of injury. He will have surgery and miss rest of season. Huge blow. Malik Reed is up. (1st by @AdamSchefter). #9sports

GEM
09-30-2019, 01:39 PM
Mike Klis
‏Verified account @MikeKlis
28m28 minutes ago

Confirming Bradley Chubb has partial tear in ACL which is why he was able to play through it for a while per source. MRI today showed extent of injury. He will have surgery and miss rest of season. Huge blow. Malik Reed is up. (1st by @AdamSchefter). #9sports

Letting Shaq walk looks even more dumb now.

chazoe60
09-30-2019, 01:40 PM
Not that I would ever want him or anyone else to have an injury, especially a season ending one, but if you were to handpick a season for it to happen in this would be the one.

tomjonesrocks
09-30-2019, 01:40 PM
Wow. Didn't see that coming.

BroncoWave
09-30-2019, 01:42 PM

I dunno, that's pretty easy to say in hindsight. Can't pay everyone.

Poet
09-30-2019, 01:43 PM

Shaq wanted to go to a team where he would start. He was very adamant about that. I don't think we would have had a chance to keep him.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-30-2019, 01:44 PM

Someone ask Troy Renck about that, and here is what Troy said.

Troy Renck
‏Verified account @TroyRenck
4h4 hours ago

It stinks. But we’ve been over this. He loved Denver, but wanted chance to start. That wasn’t available with Von and Chubb anchoring positions. So he bet on himself with one-year deal in Tampa. Again thrilled for his success

underrated29
09-30-2019, 01:46 PM

Shaq wanted to go to a team where he would start. He was very adamant about that. I don't think we would have had a chance to keep him.

Exactly that. He was not going to start here. He wanted to start. He was NOT going to re-sign here. Dont blame him. Of course, we would have kept him had he not wanted to better himself and his career. Just was not in the cards. Malik Reed will not get his chance to show his game.

Hawgdriver
09-30-2019, 01:54 PM

Good grief. 4 games into this season and he's at 9 sacks, 1 interception, 3 forced fumbles? He's playing far beyond DPOY pace...we had this kid on our roster and let him walk?????

BroncoWave
09-30-2019, 01:57 PM
Good grief. 4 games into this season and he's at 9 sacks, 1 interception, 3 forced fumbles? He's playing far beyond DPOY pace...we had this kid on our roster and let him walk?????

To keep him here we would have had to have payed him a huge contract and/or guaranteed he would start over Miller or Chubb.

He's obviously on pace for what could be a historic season, but who could have reasonably predicted that?

Poet
09-30-2019, 01:57 PM

We would have had to franchise tag him. He wanted to start and he bet on himself. That's what makes him so awesome. He had the stones to bet on himself. I love him.

GEM
09-30-2019, 02:09 PM

Someone ask Troy Renck about that, and here is what Troy said.

Troy Renck
4h4 hours ago

It stinks. But we’ve been over this. He loved Denver, but wanted chance to start. That wasn’t available with Von and Chubb anchoring positions. So he bet on himself with one-year deal in Tampa. Again thrilled for his success

I know, I just loved the kid. I'm happy for him, sad for us. :mad:

GEM
09-30-2019, 02:10 PM
To keep him here we would have had to have payed him a huge contract and/or guaranteed he would start over Miller or Chubb.

He's obviously on pace for what could be a historic season, but who could have reasonably predicted that?

He probably wouldn't have had those numbers here anyways since our staff don't even know how to utilize Von.

BroncoWave
09-30-2019, 02:13 PM
He probably wouldn't have had those numbers here anyways since our staff don't even know how to utilize Von.

True. He definitely made the right call for his own career.

wayninja
09-30-2019, 02:16 PM
Maybe we'll get lucky and Shaq will get hurt?

Hawgdriver
09-30-2019, 02:34 PM

I bet Shaq Barrett predicted it!!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-30-2019, 02:46 PM
Maybe we'll get lucky and Shaq will get hurt?

Whoa, that's rotten

wayninja
09-30-2019, 02:47 PM
Whoa, that's rotten

It was a joke!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-30-2019, 05:15 PM
Troy Renck
1m1 minute ago

#Broncos @astronaut on Instagram suggesting that the setback will create stage for his comeback. Wishing him speedy recovery. #Denver7

Magnificent Seven
09-30-2019, 06:21 PM
I was wondering is LB Brandon Marshall still available? He was cut by Raiders.

Nomad
09-30-2019, 09:10 PM
This does suck. Take it easy, Chubb.

Simple Jaded
10-01-2019, 01:43 AM
Barrett massively overrated in Denver, he did next to nothing when given a starting job.

He’s better off in TB and he should resign with them instead of chasing the biggest contract. It’s a good match.

Elevation inc
10-01-2019, 02:07 AM

To be fair he said himself he wouldn't sign here unless it was as a starter. Not our fault. That dude is going to get mucho dollars next year in tampa if he stays healthy and keeps his current pace up.....Now we will see just how good Reed and Hollins are....We did develop Barrett so maybe we can develop them they are learning from Von....which Shaq said was instrumental for him.

broncofaninfla
10-01-2019, 09:01 AM
Losing Chubb REALLY sucks. He played better than any other player so far this season on defense and was one of the few only bright spots on what has been a shit season so far.

slim
10-01-2019, 06:56 PM
*sighs

MOtorboat
10-01-2019, 07:27 PM
*sighs

Let it Be.