PDA

View Full Version : With the 1st pick in the 2020 NFL Draft the Broncos select...

Northman
09-29-2019, 07:48 PM
Discuss.

Timmy!
09-29-2019, 07:48 PM
Miami would like a word.

Northman
09-29-2019, 07:52 PM
Miami would like a word.

Nah, they will win at least one game. Us however....

Poet
09-29-2019, 07:53 PM
If we could go from a good QB talent like Lock to a great one like Tua, do it. Trade lock to a nice situation out of respect to him. Maybe take a LT if there's a great one there.

Timmy!
09-29-2019, 07:54 PM
No to Tua. No no no. Thankfully it will never happen.

Poet
09-29-2019, 07:55 PM
No to Tua. No no no. Thankfully it will never happen.

He's going to be a monster in the NFL.

Northman
09-29-2019, 07:55 PM
If we could go from a good QB talent like Lock to a great one like Tua, do it. Trade lock to a nice situation out of respect to him. Maybe take a LT if there's a great one there.

Im kind of wondering what really good Olineman we could go after.

Poet
09-29-2019, 07:57 PM

It won't matter in the sense that we won't build around Lock right, and probably try to use Flacco to 'contend'.

I'm so sick and I'm so angry because I've been saying we would end up in this spot for three seasons. All the abuse I took for it, too. Why can't John ******* see it? Why couldn't he have seen it?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Nomad
09-29-2019, 07:58 PM
No player any of you guys choose. :D

Poet
09-29-2019, 07:59 PM

I wanted a guard!

Northman
09-29-2019, 07:59 PM

You are probably right and its the very reason why we suck right now. But, this team needs to be blown up and rebuilt again.

Nomad
09-29-2019, 08:00 PM
I wanted a guard!

I want you as my GM. :D

Edmonton Bronco Fan
09-29-2019, 08:08 PM
Tua.

Better to hope for the number 1 pick in 2021 and get Trevor Lawrence though.

Poet
09-29-2019, 08:09 PM
I want you as my GM. :D

I love offensive lineman. I'd either try to give my youngster at QB more than what he needs to succeed OR go get an even better youngster. But I would build for the future and not for half-baked schemes of contending all the time.

Northman
09-29-2019, 08:10 PM
Tua.

Better to hope for the number 1 pick in 2021 and get Trevor Lawrence though.

Im thinking we spend our first 2 picks in next years draft taking lineman and then take Lawrence in 2021.

Simple Jaded
09-29-2019, 08:51 PM

https://thedraftnetwork.com/prospect-rankings

I’ll take Wirfs and Thomas.

MOtorboat
09-29-2019, 10:06 PM
You. Draft. Tua. Tagovailoa.

You do not draft anyone else. Period.

underrated29
09-29-2019, 10:09 PM
I'm fine with loading the defense and a LT....we will sucj enough for trevor the next year. We will have him and a nice defense and let waiting for him.

chazoe60
09-29-2019, 10:25 PM
Lock will be a better pro than Tua.

Poet
09-29-2019, 10:32 PM
Lock will be a better pro than Tua.

Tua looks like Russell Wilson but more talented. Am I off?

chazoe60
09-29-2019, 10:36 PM
Tua looks like Russell Wilson but more talented. Am I off?

I just have a bad feeling about him as a pro. I hope I'm wrong because I like the kid and he's Hawaiian which makes me root for him a little more even. If the Broncos were to draft him I'd be excited and root like Hell for him but there's just some nagging feeling that he's gonna bust.

Nomad
09-29-2019, 10:37 PM
I just have a bad feeling about him as a pro. I hope I'm wrong because I like the kid and he's Hawaiian which makes me root for him a little more even. If the Broncos were to draft him I'd be excited and root like Hell for him but there's just some nagging feeling that he's gonna bust.

Curious as to why?

Poet
09-29-2019, 10:40 PM

Is it because he's not always handled adversity well?

chazoe60
09-29-2019, 10:51 PM
Curious as to why?

My wife and I love Hawaii and have always found the people of Hawaii to be very nice. It's kinda like how I root for any kids from Colorado to make it. It's not ethnically Hawaiin that I'm referring to, I would have the same reaction to a white or black kid from Hawaii.

chazoe60
09-29-2019, 10:52 PM
Is it because he's not always handled adversity well?

That might be part of it. The two Natl. Championship games against Clemson do kind of stick out in my mind.

Poet
09-29-2019, 10:57 PM
I feel you, Chazoe. I like what I see, but maybe he's the next Carson Palmer. A huge talent (albeit Palmer's like 8 inches taller) and highly recruited but just doesn't do it in the big games.

Nomad
09-29-2019, 10:57 PM
My wife and I love Hawaii and have always found the people of Hawaii to be very nice. It's kinda like how I root for any kids from Colorado to make it. It's not ethnically Hawaiin that I'm referring to, I would have the same reaction to a white or black kid from Hawaii.

That's a great reason. I find myself doing that with kids from North Dakota.

Ziggy
09-29-2019, 11:07 PM

https://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/fan/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwiththefirstpick.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F1055987538.jpeg&c=sc&w=850&h=560

Hawgdriver
09-29-2019, 11:19 PM
https://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/fan/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwiththefirstpick.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F1055987538.jpeg&c=sc&w=850&h=560

That's a great, crisp photo. How high you think he'll go?

Oh, and who is that? :lol:

Simple Jaded
09-30-2019, 12:09 AM
That's a great, crisp photo. How high you think he'll go?

Oh, and who is that? :lol:

Andrew Thomas, LT for UGA. He’s a beast, their RT Isaiah Wilson should be a Bronco too. Their RG, Cade Mays too.

MOtorboat
09-30-2019, 01:33 AM
**** tackles and guards and defensive lineman. This team needs playmakers, especially at quarterback.

Elevation inc
09-30-2019, 02:50 AM
If were picking top ten we need the best DE, ILB or Offensive Lineman we can get.

Elevation inc
09-30-2019, 02:50 AM
**** tackles and guards and defensive lineman. This team needs playmakers, especially at quarterback.

I really hope Lock can be that guy or our rebuild is gonna be longer then anyone wants to admit.....

Elevation inc
09-30-2019, 02:51 AM
https://thedraftnetwork.com/prospect-rankings

I’ll take Wirfs and Thomas.

I like both those guys.

chazoe60
09-30-2019, 06:42 AM

Even the best playmaking QB looks mediocre with constant pressure in his face. Our LT is the worst LT in the NFL, it's a problem that must be addressed.

Elevation inc
09-30-2019, 07:18 AM
Even the best playmaking QB looks mediocre with constant pressure in his face. Our LT is the worst LT in the NFL, it's a problem that must be addressed.

Aaron Rodgers begs to differ.....Bolles is a problem and needs upgraded on, but not the biggest problem on offense. However if there is a viable OT in the top 10 we should go for it.

Northman
09-30-2019, 07:27 AM
I'm fine with loading the defense and a LT....we will sucj enough for trevor the next year. We will have him and a nice defense and let waiting for him.

Exactly.

Northman
09-30-2019, 07:28 AM

Im not necessarily sold on Tua either. Plus, with Lock still being an unknown i would rather build other areas until we can actually see what Lock has.

Northman
09-30-2019, 07:30 AM

Our QB put us in a position to win yesterday but the defense gave up the ghost. :lol:

Elevation inc
09-30-2019, 07:30 AM
Rebuild the team the right way and we will be fine. Stop getting crappy Mediocre Qb's and thinking players that haven't been very good are all the sudden going to be great with new coaches.

Northman
09-30-2019, 07:31 AM

Indeed. Everyone has been talking up Murray but his team is losing. You still need other pieces in order to help the QB out.

Elevation inc
09-30-2019, 07:32 AM
Our QB put us in a position to win yesterday but the defense gave up the ghost. :lol:

Yes our players failed miserably yet again yesterday.....if you go back to last year we may be the worst team in the NFL over the last 10 games.....not sure even Miami lost this many in a row......

Elevation inc
09-30-2019, 07:33 AM
Indeed. Everyone has been talking up Murray but his team is losing. You still need other pieces in order to help the QB out.

The OL in Arizona is the problem there....for sure.....we need OL help to but we have so many holes.....

Nomad
09-30-2019, 07:33 AM
No one claimed Flacco was gonna be great. He came in to manage, hence the reason Drew Lock was brought in. No one was thinking he’d be the next Manning.

Elevation inc
09-30-2019, 07:36 AM
No one claimed Flacco was gonna be great. He came in to manage, hence the reason Drew Lock was brought in. No one was thinking he’d be the next Manning.

your wrong Elway absolutely thought he was and sold it to the fan base as well as a retool and no need for a rebuild.

underrated29
09-30-2019, 08:33 AM
We will be a top 5 pick. If lock looks good enough then we will want to trade from top 5 to top 10. Get a few 1sts and 2nds. Then trade from top 10 to 10-12ish and get a few more 1sts and 2nds....we then need to draft CB, Ilb, NT, LT.....we will suck again and likely be able to use all of our ammo and shit record to draft trevor the following year. Makes too much sense.

The Glue Factory
09-30-2019, 09:03 AM
Makes too much sense.

If yer playing Madden 20xx

underrated29
09-30-2019, 10:42 AM
If yer playing Madden 20xx

Where am I wrong?

Do you disagree we will have a top 5 pick this year?
With all ofthe QBs coming out (assuming we roll with Lock) do you not think teams will want to trade up for them?

Since both are high probabilities (we draft top 5 and teams will trade up for a herbert, fromm, etc) we can pick around pick 11 ish with a load of ammo from trading back. We then can also draft the positions mentioned.

That leaves the next year. If lock is tits then we do not care and we ride. If he sucks, most likely, we will be top 5 ish again and have plenty of picks to move up if needed.

The Glue Factory
09-30-2019, 10:54 AM
Where am I wrong?

With all ofthe QBs coming out (assuming we roll with Lock) do you not think teams will want to trade up for them?

Since both are high probabilities (we draft top 5 and teams will trade up for a herbert, fromm, etc) we can pick around pick 11 ish with a load of ammo from trading back. We then can also draft the positions mentioned.

That leaves the next year. If lock is tits then we do not care and we ride. If he sucks, most likely, we will be top 5 ish again and have plenty of picks to move up if needed.

The general premise is sound but your details go far into the realm of conjecture and speculation.

underrated29
09-30-2019, 01:14 PM
The general premise is sound but your details go far into the realm of conjecture and speculation.

Didnt the jets trade down twice last year doing the same thing i mentioned?

The Glue Factory
09-30-2019, 02:07 PM
Didnt the jets trade down twice last year doing the same thing i mentioned?

Don't know. I don't watch the draft. I don't doubt that we could trade down in stages to get a bunch of picks; but the results are all conjecture.

Simple Jaded
10-01-2019, 01:53 AM
Where am I wrong?

U29 gets it.

Simple Jaded
10-01-2019, 02:01 AM
your wrong Elway absolutely thought he was and sold it to the fan base as well as a retool and no need for a rebuild.

I’m pretty sure Flacco is exactly what Elway thought he was getting, I literally don’t know anyone who thought they were getting Joe ******* Flacco.

The problem you have is that you think that’s what this team needs, and/or won’t accept anything less, and therefore this is all just a waste of time.

You’re not realistic.

Simple Jaded
10-01-2019, 02:04 AM
Joe Flacco is an NFL starting QB, there’s about 20 or so of them on the planet, and they’re not all created equally.

Elevation inc
10-01-2019, 03:26 AM
I’m pretty sure Flacco is exactly what Elway thought he was getting, I literally don’t know anyone who thought they were getting Joe ******* Flacco.

The problem you have is that you think that’s what this team needs, and/or won’t accept anything less, and therefore this is all just a waste of time.

You’re not realistic.

I'm very realistic, we tied up a ton of money on Avg Qb's I have been very vocal about this dumbassery all season and prior to....Flacco is a stronger armed version of Dalton...jokes on us....