PDA

View Full Version : What is lkelyhood of a 0-16 season.

AErcen
09-29-2019, 09:32 AM
I am sure many in here will jump on me for my question given me being a new poster. I am sure I will get accused of trolling the forum. Not exactly, a lifelong Bronco fan here, now living in retirement in Florida.

If you disagree with my "wild speculation", tell me which teams we will be able to beat this season. Given our level of play, and COACHING.....I can see none. Maybe I am blinded by my own frustration of the last three seasons.

Tell me who we will beat so we won't go 0-16. You can strike the Raiders and K.City of your lists. Too bad we are not playing Miami or The Jets.

Can we beat Cleveland this season? That is the only game that gives me some hope....

UnderArmour
09-29-2019, 09:36 AM
This team will lose by at least 30 points in every game for the rest of the season. Joe Flacco will throw 10 interceptions a game from here on. Drew Lock will take over briefly, and throw 15 and get benched for Flacco. Fangio and Elway will be fired, and the Broncos will return to Wednesday practice dominance.

BroncoWave
09-29-2019, 09:37 AM
We're going 13-3. BOOK IT.

chazoe60
09-29-2019, 09:45 AM
0.000001% chance. I bet we win today. And we'll beat the Raiders at home. The Chargers aren't scary right now I could see us splitting the season series with them.

MOtorboat
09-29-2019, 10:37 AM
They aren’t that bad.

Valar Morghulis
09-29-2019, 11:20 AM
I think we scrape a few wins.

We are not a bad team, we are just not a good team. That means we will lose a lot of close games, get blown out in a few and pick up win here and there

wayninja
09-29-2019, 11:33 AM
Welcome to the forum. Pretty bold first post to go negative, so props for the balls that takes.

Having said that... wtf... are you ******* high?

There is no chance to go 0-16 without trying to go 0-16.

BroncoWave
09-29-2019, 11:35 AM
Welcome to the forum. Pretty bold first post to go negative, so props for the balls that takes.

Having said that... wtf... are you ******* high?

There is no chance to go 0-16 without trying to go 0-16.

You have to respect the gumption to come right out of the gates with that spicy of a take!

Nomad
09-29-2019, 11:58 AM
You should hook up with this guy named Beefstew. He's a Floridian as well. He'd be glad to answer questions like this over a beer, or two.

BroncoWave
09-29-2019, 12:04 PM
Beef has abandoned us. :tsk:

Poet
09-29-2019, 12:43 PM
You are football Socrates, and I love it.

The chances are scant at best, infinitesimal at worst...I'd bet the worst.

aberdien
09-29-2019, 01:55 PM
7-9 is our ceiling. Probably end up more like 5-11

wayninja
09-29-2019, 02:09 PM
You are football Socrates, and I love it.

The chances are scant at best, infinitesimal at worst...I'd bet the worst.

I think you mean scant at worst, infinitesimal at best? Right?

Poet
09-29-2019, 02:18 PM
I think you mean scant at worst, infinitesimal at best? Right?

I'm operating under the assumption the OP wants to be right/speaking to the merits of the success of the statement.

wayninja
09-29-2019, 03:04 PM
I'm operating under the assumption the OP wants to be right/speaking to the merits of the success of the statement.

But if being "right" is the worst case scenario for the team? Don't you have an obligation to assume your client's best interest?

Poet
09-29-2019, 03:10 PM
But if being "right" is the worst case scenario for the team? Don't you have an obligation to assume your client's best interest?

I have no clients. I'm such a ******* loser I had to withdraw from classes this semester due to mental health issues. I'm in good standing academically, and have a high rank for my class, so I can return any time I want for 15 months, but this is where I'm at. I'm unworthy to even have hypothetical clients. I'm a POS loser, and I disgrace everything I touch.

But arguably, you might have a point.

wayninja
09-29-2019, 03:12 PM
I have no clients. I'm such a ******* loser I had to withdraw from classes this semester due to mental health issues. I'm in good standing academically, and have a high rank for my class, so I can return any time I want for 15 months, but this is where I'm at. I'm unworthy to even have hypothetical clients. I'm a POS loser, and I disgrace everything I touch.

But arguably, you might have a point.

Ah, man, I'm sorry to hear that. I was just riffin and blowing smoke, I have no idea what I'm really talking about.

I know you are at least beloved around here.

Hope you can get back and grab law school by the *****.

Poet
09-29-2019, 03:14 PM
Ah, man, I'm sorry to hear that. I was just riffin and blowing smoke, I have no idea what I'm really talking about.

I know you are at least beloved around here.

Hope you can get back and grab law school by the *****.

Oh bro I know. I've just been dreading telling anyone here about it so I choose to do so while trying to make you feel badly. Because I'm tricky.

Honestly I need Slim right now. He is my life coach.

wayninja
09-29-2019, 03:15 PM
Oh bro I know. I've just been dreading telling anyone here about it so I choose to do so while trying to make you feel badly. Because I'm tricky.

Honestly I need Slim right now. He is my life coach.

Diabolical.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
09-29-2019, 03:32 PM
I can't see us going better than 3-13. So, it's possible.

Simple Jaded
09-29-2019, 04:27 PM
I am sure many in here will jump on me for my question given me being a new poster. I am sure I will get accused of trolling the forum. Not exactly, a lifelong Bronco fan here, now living in retirement in Florida.

If you disagree with my "wild speculation", tell me which teams we will be able to beat this season. Given our level of play, and COACHING.....I can see none. Maybe I am blinded by my own frustration of the last three seasons.

Tell me who we will beat so we won't go 0-16. You can strike the Raiders and K.City of your lists. Too bad we are not playing Miami or The Jets.

Can we beat Cleveland this season? That is the only game that gives me some hope....

I like this guy.

BroncoWave
09-29-2019, 06:11 PM
OP might be a genius.

Elevation inc
09-30-2019, 08:06 AM
Non existent we will catch 1 team sleeping and get lucky.....1-15 though well that's a big possibility lol

Hawgdriver
09-30-2019, 09:31 AM
I'm going to treat this as a serious question.

Here you go folks.

Assume the probability of the Broncos winning any given week is 33%, or 1 in 3. 538 seems to support this as an accurate 'wild ass guess'. It could be as low as 15% or as high as 40-50%. They had Denver as 60% to win the game vs. Jax, fyi.

So assume 33% to win each of the 12 remaining games. Going 0-16 requires 12 consecutive independent events, each of likelihood 2/3ds, so (2/3)^12, or 0.7% chance.

If you are more pessimistic and think they are in the 15% to win a game range for every game from here on out, (0.85)^12 = 14.2%.

20% to win each game? 6.9%

/thread?

wayninja
09-30-2019, 09:52 AM
I knew Hawg would break out the math.

Tned
09-30-2019, 10:35 AM
I think we scrape a few wins.

We are not a bad team, we are just not a good team. That means we will lose a lot of close games, get blown out in a few and pick up win here and there

Yea, twice the defense couldn't stop the other team who needed a last second FG to win. One aided with a legit, and bad, personal foul by Miller, and another a phantom roughing the passer by Chubb. This team could easily be sitting at 2-2.

The problem is the defense isn't as good as some of us would have hoped, and the offense has really struggled, so right now, I think your "not a bad team" but "not a good team" is about right. We'll see if they get good, but after digging an 0-4 hole, it doesn't really matter much in terms of playoffs or such. It would take a near historic turn around (hey, it could happen) for them to rip off the kind of win streak needed to get back in contention, and before doing that, they need to figure out why they've struggled on both sides of the ball.

BroncoWave
09-30-2019, 01:23 PM
OP might be a genius.

But seriously, this guy might be a ****ing prophet.

Poet
09-30-2019, 01:24 PM
But seriously, this guy might be a ****ing prophet.

He left us with one post because he only needed one post.

I'm ready to worship the man.

BroncoWave
09-30-2019, 01:33 PM
He left us with one post because he only needed one post.

I'm ready to worship the man.

If we go 0-16 I'm reopening the BF HoF and putting this guy in it.

Poet
09-30-2019, 01:52 PM
If we go 0-16 I'm reopening the BF HoF and putting this guy in it.

No need to have votes.

AErcen
09-30-2019, 02:51 PM
I did not leave. I planned on staying around but somehow my second post after the game did not make it to the forum. Let's see if this one will. BTW, I am NOT rooting or hoping for horrible season,. and certainly not one as dire as the post headliner was. I am thinking out loud if it is possible. Seems like I pissed off some of you. Reception was less than cordial.

Let's make it easier. Is 0 and 7 possible or likely? I am looking at Chargers and Chiefs and Titans, don't see how we can win. If we don't and start the season 0 and 7, team as well as the fans will be so demoralized it would be too difficult to get better.

Hawgdriver
09-30-2019, 02:53 PM
I did not leave. I planned on staying around but somehow my second thought after the game did not make it to the forum. Let's see if this one will. BTW, I am NOT rooting or hoping for horrible season,. and certainly not one as dire as the post headliner was. I am think out loud if it is possible. Seems like I pissed off some of you. Reception was less than cordial.

You're good. No one is pissed off. Stick around. :beer:

Valar Morghulis
09-30-2019, 02:54 PM
I did not leave. I planned on staying around but somehow my second thought after the game did not make it to the forum. Let's see if this one will. BTW, I am NOT rooting or hoping for horrible season,. and certainly not one as dire as the post headliner was. I am think out loud if it is possible. Seems like I pissed off some of you. Reception was less than cordial.

Is English your second language?

Where you from dude?

Valar Morghulis
09-30-2019, 02:54 PM
You're good. No one is pissed off. Stick around. :beer:

This!

Welcome!

AErcen
09-30-2019, 02:57 PM
As if it matters, YES...English is my second language. Is it that bad? Where I am from is important how? I lived in Denver forever and now retired in Florida for the last 12 years. Is this forum just for native born fans? Should I leave?

Valar Morghulis
09-30-2019, 03:00 PM
Strangely defensive response.

I'm not american either, just detected a weird linguistic quirk to your posts, thought I would check it out.

All the best on the forum dude, I will keep my distance.

AErcen
09-30-2019, 03:09 PM
I get that a lot. When the conversation starts with something along the lines "where are you from", I tend to get a little uptight because usually the question comes up if it is something I said that someone didn't like. As I was trying to say, my second post after the game yesterday did not make the forum. In it I tried to explain where I was from and how I became a Bronco fan and why I am troubled with the start of the season after two less than stellar seasons.

Don't keep your distance. I am perfectly fine with some barbs but I hope with something I said that was offensive. Disagreements don't get me defensive but personal stuff does.
Where are YOU from? I am also guilty of not spell checking my posts as I type. Sometimes I leave out a word or two because I posted too fast without thinking or distracted. I may go back and edit for spelling later. Never for anything else other than grammar or spelling. Stick around. You will learn to love me.:laugh:

wayninja
09-30-2019, 03:13 PM
Yeah, stick around. We are abrasive and you need to have some thick skin, but no one is seriously pissed off or cares if english is your first or 3rd language. You'll find that you communicate much better than some of our natives.

slim
09-30-2019, 03:26 PM
Oh man, this guy is totally a troll.

Hawgdriver
09-30-2019, 03:39 PM

No way.

BroncoWave
09-30-2019, 03:45 PM

Slim, be nice.

AErcen
09-30-2019, 03:53 PM
Would my Facebook page make you happy? Will you then like me? LOL.

Troll, ey? Not too many people in here who sign in with their real name. I do. Jaysus guys, give me a chance to piss you off before you go half cocked. This must be some sort of an initiation or hazing.. I'm cool with that...Troll, I is NOT.

Hell, hallf my Bronco buddies are not coming in here. They are that unhappy. Why would a troll hang around. There are better targets to go after than Broncos. I would out there harassing KC if I was a troll. Too afraid to. I don't want to motivate them any more than necessary.

BroncoWave
09-30-2019, 04:00 PM
Would my Facebook page make you happy? Will you then like me? LOL.

Troll, ey? Not too many people in here who sign in with their real name. I do. Jaysus guys, give me a chance to piss you off before you go half cocked. This must be some sort of an initiation or hazing.. I'm cool with that...Troll, I is NOT.

Hell, hallf my Bronco buddies are not coming in here. They are that unhappy. Why would a troll hang around. There are better targets to go after than Broncos. I would out there harassing KC if I was a troll. Too afraid to. I don't want to motivate them any more than necessary.

Ignore slim. He's just a big fat bully.

AErcen
09-30-2019, 04:02 PM
How fat?

chazoe60
09-30-2019, 05:38 PM
He should go help the futbol team from whatever shithole country he's from get better then come back and tell us how he did it.

MOtorboat
09-30-2019, 06:09 PM
How fat?

Like super fat. His office had to install an elevator so he could get to his office on the second floor.

MOtorboat
09-30-2019, 06:11 PM
Strangely defensive response.

I'm not american either, just detected a weird linguistic quirk to your posts, thought I would check it out.

All the best on the forum dude, I will keep my distance.

Valar here is harmless. He only is wanted in seven Eastern European countries for a string of killings in the mid-90s, but he’s reformed.

Hawgdriver
09-30-2019, 06:45 PM
but he’s reformed.

His is the kind of bad that is resistant to reform. Watch yourself, MO. I know you like to get chummy, like the guy in Mindhunter. But you might be in over your head.

tripp
09-30-2019, 09:28 PM
Whenever Lock is healthy, start em and see what you've got. No offense to Flacco but season is over, and we may as well give Drew reps under center while getting a better draft pick.

Nomad
09-30-2019, 09:30 PM
Hope the oline doesn’t get Lock killed.

NightTrainLayne
09-30-2019, 09:32 PM
How fat?

So fat that he can't even find pants anymore.

Not that that matters as he quit wearing pants long before.

Simple Jaded
10-01-2019, 01:29 AM
He should go help the futbol team from whatever shithole country he's from get better then come back and tell us how he did it.

Yeah, ’Merica!

AErcen
10-01-2019, 09:58 AM
Did I get banned already? Why aren't posts (responses to others) are not showing up?

wayninja
10-01-2019, 10:00 AM
Did I get banned already? Why aren't posts (responses to others) are not showing up?

You didn't get banned. But also no idea what you are talking about. Do you mean you are trying to use the reply function and it's not quoting the person you are replying to?

Cugel
10-01-2019, 10:34 AM
Let's see. O-16?

@Chargers - probably a loss. Should win because the Chargers are even more banged up than the Broncos. But, it's on the road and this team isn't likely to win any road games this year.

Titans -- There's a chance for a win. Titans aren't great. Of course the Broncos are much worse, but at home they have a fighting chance against any teams but New England and the Chiefs.

Chiefs -- Loss.

@Colts -- probable loss.

Browns. Hmmmn. Browns are a lot better than Denver, but they're still the Browns. Nick Chubb just rushed for 165 yards though so this isn't looking good for Denver's soft run defense. Probable loss.

@Vikings -- Loss.

@Bills -- Crushing loss. They never do well in Buffalo even when they're much better than the Bills.

Chargers. This is another good chance for victory. Division teams play each other tough usually at home. This won't be an easy win for the Chargers (probably). But, this could be their 2nd win.

@ Texans. Another game they could compete. A better Broncos team would win this game as the Texans are mediocre at best. Loss.

@Chiefs -- They could rest Mahomes for the playoffs and crush the Broncos at Arrowhead. They will probably run the ball for 250 yards, because why not? Loss.

Lions -- This looked like a win before the season and they still should be favored. The Lions are 2-1-1 with two home victories and two road losses. They are decidedly mediocre. They rarely play the Broncos and wouldn't normally be favored at altitude. ANother chance for a victory here.

Raiders. Another chance for victory. The Raiders are bigger and more physical than the Broncos but they should have won the first game but for stupid mistakes.

That means 5 decent chances to win of which they might win 3.

3-13 is my prediction at this point. Before the season I predicted 7-9 but that was based on beating the Raiders and Jacksonville and matching up much better against other teams than they do.

Plus key injuries to Callahan, Chubb, Ron Leary, Juwan James and throw in the fact they may be starting Drew Lock at some point? They could easily go 0-16.

I would bet against it though.

wayninja
10-01-2019, 10:38 AM
The Lions are 2-1-1 with two home victories and two road losses

Thousands of years from now, scholars will look at this and heatedly debate its meaning.

Cugel
10-01-2019, 10:47 AM
Thousands of years from now, scholars will look at this and heatedly debate its meaning.

I take it you are also not a fan of ties?

wayninja
10-01-2019, 10:48 AM
I take it you are also not a fan of ties?

I'm a fan of clarity.

BroncoWave
10-01-2019, 10:51 AM
I like ties. Sometimes neither team deserves to win.

Cugel
10-01-2019, 10:55 AM
I like ties. Sometimes neither team deserves to win.

Like when the Broncos play Jacksonville? Or the Raiders?

BroncoWave
10-01-2019, 10:58 AM
I remember a few years ago there was a 3-3 tie been Seattle and Arizona. Can anyone e-look at me with a straight e-face and tell me either team deserved to win that game?

EastCoastBronco
10-01-2019, 12:06 PM
This team is pretty ******* far from OK.
However, we are 2 shitty calls away from being 2-2 so I think we will pull out a couple more wins.

wayninja
10-01-2019, 12:11 PM
This team pretty ******* far from OK.
However, we are 2 shitty calls away from being 2-2 so I think we will pull out a couple more wins.

The bears on... yeah, i agree. That call almost certainly affected the outcome, and was completely over-the-top bad.

The jags? Not so much. I don't like the call, and am still confused as to how protections apply after a ball is fumbled, and the high contact was ticky-tack anyway, but they still had time and another 2 downs, so you never know how that affects it.

slim
10-01-2019, 12:32 PM
So fat that he can't even find pants anymore.

Not that that matters as he quit wearing pants long before.

Once you start sweating through your jeans, its a pretty easy choice to go pant-less.

Mike
10-01-2019, 01:29 PM
I originally thought 4-5 wins was possible. But I think 1-2 wins is most likely, hard to rule out 0 wins at this point though.

EastCoastBronco
10-01-2019, 01:50 PM
The bears on... yeah, i agree. That call almost certainly affected the outcome, and was completely over-the-top bad.

The jags? Not so much. I don't like the call, and am still confused as to how protections apply after a ball is fumbled, and the high contact was ticky-tack anyway, but they still had time and another 2 downs, so you never know how that affects it.

True.
But it moved them 15 yards closer to our goal line and gave them a fresh set of downs.
So it did affect the outcome a bit.

VonDoom
10-01-2019, 03:13 PM
We’re bad but we’re not 0-16 bad. It takes real effort to lose every game. We’ll win a few - it’s not even really worth discussing.

The Dolphins look hell bent on losing every game though.

wayninja
10-01-2019, 03:17 PM
We’re bad but we’re not 0-16 bad. It takes real effort to lose every game. We’ll win a few - it’s not even really worth discussing.

The Dolphins look hell bent on losing every game though.

Their bye week is favored by 7 points.

AErcen
10-01-2019, 03:41 PM
Correct. Am I doing something I shouldn't be in replying?

wayninja
10-01-2019, 04:20 PM

From a moral standpoint, no. From a technical standpoint... I have no idea. Are you just now replying to my question hours ago, or did it just take that long to transmit from whereveroslavia?

Valar Morghulis
10-01-2019, 04:23 PM
Reply with quote = replying and quoting the post you are replying to

Reply = just add your thoughts to the thread with no other posts quoted

Should clear things up, or you could check your algorithm!

sneakers
10-01-2019, 04:37 PM
less likely than a 12-4 season

NightTrainLayne
10-01-2019, 04:49 PM

As a new member, it's conceivable that your account/posts might be in a moderated queue. This might be keeping all of your posts from posting.

When I was a moderator, infrequently, new posters would be put in a moderated queue to review posts to weed out spam. However, it happened so infrequently that we'd forget to check it all the time.

You might pm Davii (Admin) to check. I have no way of knowing. It's also weird if some of your posts are coming through but not all. . .. who knows.