PDA

View Full Version : If we are contending, trade for Ramsey?

ShaneFalco
09-27-2019, 04:15 PM
heard his value is lower by the day, i say we throw the jags a 2nd rounder for him. Tell them its basically a first rounder because our team sucks.

Harris and Ramsey could be a good combo.

MOtorboat
09-27-2019, 04:20 PM
We aren’t contending.

ShaneFalco
09-27-2019, 04:21 PM
We aren’t contending.
hahaha.

true. but i think a 2nd would be worth it for him

Shazam!
09-27-2019, 04:57 PM
Unless he can play offense.

Cugel
09-27-2019, 06:42 PM
From Adam Schefter yesterday the Jagwads and Jalen Ramsey are at a standoff. He's just released a tweet that his trade demand still stands, and they are still refusing to pay him or trade him.

Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey decided that he wants out of Jacksonville after “some disrespectful things” were said to him following last week’s loss in Houston. Those disrespectful things reportedly were said to him by Jaguars V.P. of football operations Tom Coughlin.

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that the relationship went sideways after the meeting between Coughlin and Ramsey.

No one will be surprised that the old-school Coughlin used some old-school techniques on Ramsey, and that Ramsey reacted negatively. Ramsey reportedly still wants out, and the Jaguars reportedly want to keep him.

The best way to do that would be to pay Ramsey. And if a decision has to be made between Ramsey and Coughlin, well, that’s a decision ownership will have to make.

Tom Coughlin is the oldest of the Old School. He tried the tough guy approach on Ramsey and he didn't appreciate it. They aren't paying Ramsey and he's going to act out increasingly in ways that disrupt the team. "I'm sick. Now I'm coming in. If there's no movement on the trade, I'm going off to spend more time with my new child. Now I'm sick again." That's not going to help the Jagwads one bit. It's all anybody in the media wants to talk about now. They're screwed. If they were winning without him it would be different but they aren't.

Ramsay has said that it's not all about the money. He feels disrespected by the team, and that's not going to change with Coughlin in charge.

Davii
09-27-2019, 07:22 PM
From Adam Schefter yesterday the Jagwads and Jalen Ramsey are at a standoff. He's just released a tweet that his trade demand still stands, and they are still refusing to pay him or trade him.

Tom Coughlin is the oldest of the Old School. He tried the tough guy approach on Ramsey and he didn't appreciate it. They aren't paying Ramsey and he's going to act out increasingly in ways that disrupt the team. "I'm sick. Now I'm coming in. If there's no movement on the trade, I'm going off to spend more time with my new child. Now I'm sick again." That's not going to help the Jagwads one bit. It's all anybody in the media wants to talk about now. They're screwed. If they were winning without him it would be different but they aren't.

Ramsay has said that it's not all about the money. He feels disrespected by the team, and that's not going to change with Coughlin in charge.

How do you show a player respect?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It's "not all about the money, I feel disrespected" = they better pay me

UnderArmour
09-28-2019, 05:25 PM

FYI, the Jags fan base isn't buying the ESPN narrative of Ramsey missing practices on purpose. They are legitimately convinced that everything happened this week is Ramsay actually needing the time off.

I'm inclined to believe the fan base right now, and I fully expect Ramsay to play on Sunday. Not every athlete is a toxic quitter. He claimed he was upset, demanded a trade, but I don't expect him to hold back from competing with his teammates if he doesn't get what he wants.

Nomad
09-28-2019, 05:48 PM
Ramsey didn't play very good against the Titans.

UnderArmour
09-28-2019, 05:57 PM
Ramsey didn't play very good against the Titans.

Division games can always be like that. Ramsay's strong suits also don't pair up well against slot guys like Humphries, so if Ramsay plays he might get burned again this week by Sanders, who has a very similar game.

Cugel
09-28-2019, 06:00 PM
How do you show a player respect?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It's "not all about the money, I feel disrespected" = they better pay me

Yes. If they threw a boat-load of money at him, I bet he would feel a lot more respected.

But, since they are NOT doing that I supposed he's right to feel "disrespected". In any case this isn't going to end well for anybody.

They might make him screw around all year like this. He was told he could fly separately to the game this week. So long as he just shows up he can do whatever. He doesn't want to openly violate the contract because that way they can void the guarantees. But, he doesn't want to make it easy on them either. He's going to act out all year. It will be a constant distraction on a team that really doesn't need any.

Fortunately the Broncos don't have that kind of player who's that kind of distraction. That would be the last thing they would need. Of course, if they traded for him (I'm hearing on the radio it won't happen) then he'd be happy with a massive pile of $$$ from the Broncos.

If they're not going to get one of the top QBs next year that might be a good option. But, they might need that pick for something more important than Jalen Ramsey -- like Tua or Fromm or Herbert.

Cugel
09-28-2019, 06:04 PM
FYI, the Jags fan base isn't buying the ESPN narrative of Ramsey missing practices on purpose. They are legitimately convinced that everything happened this week is Ramsay actually needing the time off.

I'm inclined to believe the fan base right now, and I fully expect Ramsay to play on Sunday. Not every athlete is a toxic quitter. He claimed he was upset, demanded a trade, but I don't expect him to hold back from competing with his teammates if he doesn't get what he wants.

Adam Schefter knows better than the fan base and he's saying that he'd be very surprised if Ramsay plays. I suppose it could happen.

But, he's just reiterated his trade demand. And the only leverage he really has is to make various kinds of little stunts to prove his point until they give in or he forces them to try and suspend him.

The Steelers didn't want to trade Antonio Brown. But, he forced their hands. Ramsay wants out of town bad. He'll probably get his way eventually.

UnderArmour
09-28-2019, 06:08 PM
Adam Schefter knows better than the fan base and he's saying that he'd be very surprised if Ramsay plays. I suppose it could happen.

But, he's just reiterated his trade demand. And the only leverage he really has is to make various kinds of little stunts to prove his point until they give in or he forces them to try and suspend him.

The Steelers didn't want to trade Antonio Brown. But, he forced their hands. Ramsay wants out of town bad. He'll probably get his way eventually.

The fact is he did not have to get on the team plane. The team publicly told him he could have the time in Nashville to spend with his girlfriend. He chose to fly back to Jacksonville, and get on the team plane to Denver instead. It just doesn't match up with ESPN's narrative.

Ramsay will play.

Simple Jaded
09-28-2019, 07:58 PM
Ramsey doesn’t wanna play zone.

Poet
09-28-2019, 08:05 PM
Ramsey doesn’t wanna play zone.

Good corners don't need zone.

Simple Jaded
09-28-2019, 08:12 PM
Good corners don't need zone.

I say trade for him and tell Fangio to figure it out, which he can.

If players like Ramsey don’t fit your system then the problem is your system.

Poet
09-28-2019, 11:32 PM
I say trade for him and tell Fangio to figure it out, which he can.

If players like Ramsey don’t fit your system then the problem is your system.

Fangio has not done well scheming for our players. I think when he was in Chicago he knew he had to let Mack do Mack things. Now that he runs the show our pass rushers are good little coverage backers. Bleh.

Davii
09-28-2019, 11:33 PM
Fangio has not done well scheming for our players. I think when he was in Chicago he knew he had to let Mack do Mack things. Now that he runs the show our pass rushers are good little coverage backers. Bleh.

I don't quit on people after 3 weeks.

Poet
09-28-2019, 11:34 PM
I don't quit on people after 3 weeks.

I'm really mad at him. If we weren't going offense, I thought we were going to get a great defensive head coach. Now we are offensively not cutting edge, and on top of that our best players aren't performing for a head coach hired solely on defensive merits.

I believed we were going to the playoffs. I believed that. I bought in. I really did. And he did this to us. I'm hurt!

Davii
09-29-2019, 12:09 AM
I'm really mad at him. If we weren't going offense, I thought we were going to get a great defensive head coach. Now we are offensively not cutting edge, and on top of that our best players aren't performing for a head coach hired solely on defensive merits.

I believed we were going to the playoffs. I believed that. I bought in. I really did. And he did this to us. I'm hurt!

I get it. There's literally no benefit to firing him now. None. All you do is make sure those coaches you're talking about don't pick Denver when there's a coaching search. Same goes for FAs. Nobody does somewhere that doesn't even give their employees a chance.

Poet
09-29-2019, 12:14 AM
I get it. There's literally no benefit to firing him now. None. All you do is make sure those coaches you're talking about don't pick Denver when there's a coaching search. Same goes for FAs. Nobody does somewhere that doesn't even give their employees a chance.

Oh I know it won't happen. I'm trying less to be a sharp or right guy and more to be a typical fan. **** my brain. All heart and gut (lulz at the obvious joke) and emotion.

Simple Jaded
09-29-2019, 04:38 PM

He’s a dude, I believe it.

dogfish
10-02-2019, 04:25 PM
PFT reported earlier today that the jags have already turned down an offer of two 1sts. . . if that's true, we aren't even remotely in the running. . .

Poet
10-02-2019, 04:58 PM
PFT reported earlier today that the jags have already turned down an offer of two 1sts. . . if that's true, we aren't even remotely in the running. . .

If that's true their GM should be fired. That's the type of ammo you spend to move up to the first overall pick...LOL that is GM incompetence. They could essentially guarantee having a strong shot at blue chip QB prospects. I laugh at those fools. I mock them. I disrespect their style!

Shazam!
10-02-2019, 06:22 PM
I think they should get through the draft. Theyve gone the FA route before. I kno Bolles may make some think otherwise tho

Valar Morghulis
10-03-2019, 01:52 AM
The only thing we are contending for is the first pick

Elevation inc
10-03-2019, 02:14 AM
The only thing we are contending for is the first pick

I don't think so....were probably going to end up around 4-12 or 5-11 unless some miracle drops and we pull a 2017 chargers.....None of us believe that miracle will happen but who knows.....If I was betting man though I would bet we will end up with the 6th or 7th pick in the draft

Valar Morghulis
10-03-2019, 02:16 AM
I don't think so....were probably going to end up around 4-12 or 5-11 unless some miracle drops and we pull a 2017 chargers.....None of us believe that miracle will happen but who knows.....If I was betting man though I would bet we will end up with the 6th or 7th pick in the draft

I agree. I was just being facetious.

Elevation inc
10-03-2019, 02:17 AM
If that's true their GM should be fired. That's the type of ammo you spend to move up to the first overall pick...LOL that is GM incompetence. They could essentially guarantee having a strong shot at blue chip QB prospects. I laugh at those fools. I mock them. I disrespect their style!

I don't know there is a very good chance they contend for a wild card and even the division. If I am the owner and GM I'm not so sure I make that trade at this point unless i thought we were out of it. There division is wide open....

Elevation inc
10-03-2019, 02:18 AM
I agree. I was just being facetious.

It's early on our side of the world forgive me, I'm slow this morning :lol:

ShaneFalco
10-03-2019, 04:00 PM

and the team that does it has to give him a large contract.... i wonder who tried to give up two 1sts

Simple Jaded
10-03-2019, 11:08 PM

Where’s your optimism? #1 picks in the draft, believe it and it will happen.

broncofaninfla
10-07-2019, 12:32 PM
I honestly wouldn't want him at any cost. He's a "me first" selfish locker room cancer who will only hold out for more money. Pass.

Cugel
10-07-2019, 04:19 PM
I honestly wouldn't want him at any cost. He's a "me first" selfish locker room cancer who will only hold out for more money. Pass.

This is officially pointless speculation because the last thing the Broncos are going to do this season is buy other teams' players they are going to have to give big contracts. They might be sellers if they go 1-7 before the trade deadline or something, but they sure as hell are not buyers.

And his team has repeated over and over they are not interested in shopping him, which means they are holding out for a 1st round pick and resisting lowball offers (2nd rounder or worse).

Despite the excitement over the ONE victory the team has managed this season, this team is going nowhere this season (or next if they insist on keeping Joe Flacco). This is a rebuilding team. Period.

Strong Pass. :coffee:

UnderArmour
10-07-2019, 05:54 PM
Despite the excitement over the ONE victory the team has managed this season, this team is going nowhere this season (or next if they insist on keeping Joe Flacco). This is a rebuilding team. Period.

Strong Pass. :coffee:

I dunno man, 2011 here we come!

Simple Jaded
10-15-2019, 08:42 PM

No offense, but this is utterly stupid.

I wanna be there when you have the epiphany that Boy Scouts make Mediocre NFL players.

Simple Jaded
10-15-2019, 08:45 PM
Seriously, if y’all wanna argue that he doesn’t fit Fangio scheme that’s one thing, but saying he’s not worth having on your team at any price is ridiculous fan fantastical Fantasy.

Davii
10-16-2019, 11:20 AM
Seriously, if y’all wanna argue that he doesn’t fit Fangio scheme that’s one thing, but saying he’s not worth having on your team at any price is ridiculous fan fantastical Fantasy.

He's damn sure worth it. He's NOT worth two 1st rd picks. No way.

Simple Jaded
10-17-2019, 10:32 PM
He's damn sure worth it. He's NOT worth two 1st rd picks. No way.

He’s worth Roby AND Bolles, it’s not even debatable.

ShaneFalco
10-17-2019, 10:41 PM
id be surprised if we could trade Bolles for a 7th rounder at this point. Maybe like 5 years in the future. 2025 7th rounder for Bolles

Davii
10-17-2019, 10:47 PM
He’s worth Roby AND Bolles, it’s not even debatable.

We don't have Roby and we can't get a cup of spit for Bolles.

Your hypothetical trolls lack in substance.

Poet
10-17-2019, 10:49 PM

His point is that we tend to get that type of production out of first round picks. He would have been better off if he said "guys like," but he has a point. It's not a great point, because that production level -that of Bolles and Roby- means we'd be better off changing philosophies.

Davii
10-17-2019, 10:52 PM
His point is that we tend to get that type of production out of first round picks. He would have been better off if he said "guys like," but he has a point. It's not a great point, because that production level -that of Bolles and Roby- means we'd be better off changing philosophies.

No, he doesn't have a point. If his point is let's overpay for FA talent when we can't win anyway then it's a REALLY BAD point.

Get better at drafting, do better, not throw everything away ot lunacy because you suck at drafting.

Poet
10-17-2019, 10:58 PM
No, he doesn't have a point. If his point is let's overpay for FA talent when we can't win anyway then it's a REALLY BAD point.

Get better at drafting, do better, not throw everything away ot lunacy because you suck at drafting.

The point is that "we suck at first rounders so why not get a great player instead," and that's a valid point. It's not great because **** it, Elway needs to go. But there's some logic there, there's some point broham.

Simple Jaded
10-17-2019, 11:01 PM

You’re being obtuse.

#notsurprised

Simple Jaded
10-17-2019, 11:02 PM
id be surprised if we could trade Bolles for a 7th rounder at this point. Maybe like 5 years in the future. 2025 7th rounder for Bolles

Shane gets it.

Davii
10-17-2019, 11:35 PM
The point is that "we suck at first rounders so why not get a great player instead," and that's a valid point. It's not great because **** it, Elway needs to go. But there's some logic there, there's some point broham.

There's logic there. It's shit, but sure, there's logic.

Poet
10-18-2019, 12:14 AM
There's logic there. It's shit, but sure, there's logic.

It's mediocre logic. I wish you two wouldn't feud. It hurts my heart.