PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes week 4 (Jaguars week)

VonDoom
09-25-2019, 10:54 AM
More to come later, but for now, a note on our opponent:

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1176884522421489665?s=21

VonDoom
09-25-2019, 11:22 AM
TV maps are up - looks like most of the country gets Vikings/Bears:

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2019&wk=4

underrated29
09-25-2019, 11:31 AM
This will be our first win of the year. Likely no sacks and 1 turnover off a bad forced throw garbage time.

Davii
09-25-2019, 11:46 AM
This will be our first win of the year. Likely no sacks and 1 turnover off a bad forced throw garbage time.

The sack drought will end with our first win. If we can get a damn lead we can be more effective at rushing the passer, etc.

VonDoom
09-25-2019, 12:37 PM
We’re never going to see this dude, are we?

https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1176911770725863429?s=21

Magnificent Seven
09-25-2019, 01:15 PM
Chad Johnson offers to come out of retirement to help Broncos.

Through three weeks of the 2019 season, the Broncos are 0-3 and the team’s offense has failed to score more than 16 points in a game.

Something needs to change. Perhaps a spark would help?

Former NFL wide receiver Chad “Ochocinco” Johnson believes he could provide that spark.

Johnson was in Green Bay on Sunday and watched Denver’s 27-16 loss to the Packers in person. After the game, Johnson tweeted Broncos cornerback Chris Harris and said his “feet are available” if the team has an open roster spot.

Johnson hasn’t played American football since 2017 and he’s 41 years old now so it’s hard to tell if his offer was serious.

After a 12-year run in the NFL that included six Pro Bowl nods, Johnson spent two seasons in the Candian Football League (2014-2015) and one season in the Liga de Fútbol Americano Profesional, one of Mexico’s American football leagues (2017).

Johnson is still active and now plays for Boca Raton FC, a soccer team that competes in the United Premier Soccer League.

Johnson caught 766 passes for 11,059 yards and 67 touchdowns during his time in the NFL. He hasn’t been on an NFL roster since 2012.

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/24/nfl-news-chad-johnson-offers-to-unretire-to-help-denver-broncos/?fbclid=IwAR0dEsAM0S4DhAQ-PpodnQ_toRFfPIO-0GZiarwImWgzcXViaW3etBoKeNs

dogfish
09-25-2019, 01:18 PM

Complete waste of a signing.

dogfish
09-25-2019, 01:24 PM
Can they save any cap space by releasing him with an injury settlement?

VonDoom
09-25-2019, 01:26 PM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver 14m
Fangio: Callahan underwent a procedure on his foot today — out 4-6 more weeks. Still having complications from last year’s injury and surgery.

Troy Renck @TroyRenck 13m
#Broncos Fangio said surgery still an option if Callahan doesn’t heal #Denver7

Mike Klis @MikeKlis 13m
Fangio said Wolfe (ankle) and Jewell (hamstring) came back better than expected. Questionable but chance to play vs Jaguars. #9sports

Troy Renck @TroyRenck 4m
#Broncos @JoeFlacco said “When you turn on film you don’t see 0-3 team. The attitude and effort is there.” He admitted must eclipse 20 points to start winning. Right now have no margin for error #Denver7

underrated29
09-25-2019, 01:37 PM
Can they save any cap space by releasing him with an injury settlement?

The injury sucks but he is really really good. One of my favorite signings. We do not want to get rid of him. We will need him badly, esp with harris leaving town this offseason.

Davii
09-25-2019, 01:45 PM
The injury sucks but he is really really good. One of my favorite signings. We do not want to get rid of him. We will need him badly, esp with harris leaving town this offseason.

Won't help a bit if he never suits up.

dogfish
09-25-2019, 02:18 PM

yeah. Talent is great and all, but it's absolutely worthless if he doesn't play. Dude was hurt a lot in Chicago, also. They should just cut their losses now. They'd be smart to offer that money to Chris to stay in town, instead.

Poet
09-25-2019, 02:37 PM
Him and our RT were our biggest signings. Both are hurt.

**** us, man. **** us. This is bullshit. Rob another team and take their LT and best corner. Davii, you and I, we're about to do some illegal cap maneuvering and kidnapping!

NightTerror218
09-25-2019, 02:55 PM

Such a waste of money so far

SR
09-25-2019, 03:57 PM
Maybe I live under a rock. The Broncos season started??

BroncoWave
09-25-2019, 04:19 PM
I love Lindsay but I freaking hate it when players say garbage like this.

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1176966543156097027

SR
09-25-2019, 04:23 PM
Yeah, those comments are stupid. I've been a Broncos fan my entire life and I don't believe in this team whatsoever. Matter of fact, I'm wearing my Broncos polo at work today. Guess I'm just a bandwagon fan.

Poet
09-25-2019, 04:25 PM
Incorrect usage of the word bandwagon. Poor logic regarding fandom and belief. Way to shit on the same fanbase that helped send you to the Pro-Bowl. Remember when fans were helping pay for this guy's travel costs to Hawaii?

****!

dogfish
09-25-2019, 04:41 PM
Nothing to get butt hurt about. I want players who never say never.

Buff
09-25-2019, 04:44 PM

Do you think Wave is as emotionally detached in his marriage as he is with the Broncos?

Hawgdriver
09-25-2019, 05:09 PM

Your a garbage! Bandwaggoner!

Lindsay understands homage to the greater Spirits of football.

Unlike some.

Nomad
09-25-2019, 05:31 PM
Damn NFL. I hated when they flexed games to the NFC on CBS. Oh well.....I'll watch Broncos first win on Redzone.

I found out that all my daughter's rowing races are on Sunday starting in Oct. :ohwell:.

UnderArmour
09-25-2019, 05:32 PM

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1176966543156097027

I'm still watching. I'm still supporting. Not really sure I believe right now, but I'm hoping to. Two losing seasons then coming out of the gate 0-3 is tough, but I'm going to keep turning on my TV set and waiting for somebody (besides Lindsay) to make a play.

BroncoWave
09-25-2019, 05:32 PM

Sure, but calling out the people who are the reason you are able to make millions playing a game doesn't seem super necessary.

VonDoom
09-25-2019, 06:03 PM
Maybe I live under a rock. The Broncos season started??

Based on what I’ve seen so far, I don’t think so

UnderArmour
09-25-2019, 06:09 PM
You know what Phillip Lindsay? Just for you, I set my Survivor League team as the Broncos. Wish me luck!

underrated29
09-25-2019, 06:10 PM

Its a 3 year contract. Does not help this year, but with the way the D is playing, will he really make the difference between a historic 50 year period where a team has no sacks or turnovers and not?

Nomad
09-25-2019, 06:12 PM
Chad Johnson offers to come out of retirement to help Broncos.

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/24/nfl-news-chad-johnson-offers-to-unretire-to-help-denver-broncos/?fbclid=IwAR0dEsAM0S4DhAQ-PpodnQ_toRFfPIO-0GZiarwImWgzcXViaW3etBoKeNs

I forgot Chad Johnson even existed. What is he.....mid 40's?

BigDaddyBronco
09-25-2019, 06:39 PM
Do you think Wave is as emotionally detached in his marriage as he is with the Broncos?

Less painful that way...

dogfish
09-25-2019, 06:48 PM

I have no idea, but he needs to get to blowing Dave.

BroncoWave
09-25-2019, 06:54 PM
Maybe Lindsay should spend more time worrying about having more than one good game out of three and less time worrying about what fans are saying about him.

Buff
09-25-2019, 07:07 PM
Maybe Lindsay should spend more time worrying about having more than one good game out of three and less time worrying about what fans are saying about him.

Who was that running back who called out the fans during the Manning era? I honestly can't remember his name. I never forgave that guy.

EDIT: Ronnie Hillman (googled the Super Bowl roster). Luckily I think Lindsay has built up some more good will than he ever did.

BroncoWave
09-25-2019, 07:13 PM
Who was that running back who called out the fans during the Manning era? I honestly can't remember his name. I never forgave that guy.

EDIT: Ronnie Hillman (googled the Super Bowl roster). Luckily I think Lindsay has built up some more good will than he ever did.

I still like Lindsay, but if he's going to start calling out fans he needs to be a little more consistent than he's been so far this year.

Simple Jaded
09-25-2019, 10:33 PM
Feels like Lindsay is trying to step up and be a leader/emotional leader ... let’s let him.

Timmy!
09-25-2019, 11:55 PM
Feels like Lindsay is trying to step up and be a leader/emotional leader ... let’s let him.

I'm in this camp. Strap Harris has spoken a bit. Von and Chubb are as silent as their stat line. Lindsay is making peanuts. I don't fully agree with what he said, but I get it, let the man speak. Entire franchise/fanbase/COACHES/ownership needs a kick in the ass. Let's ride fellas.

Cugel
09-26-2019, 12:15 AM
Yeah, those comments are stupid. I've been a Broncos fan my entire life and I don't believe in this team whatsoever. Matter of fact, I'm wearing my Broncos polo at work today. Guess I'm just a bandwagon fan.

He's entitled to his opinion. It just doesn't matter. He won't be talking in 3 more weeks about "believing in us" if they go 1-2 and are at 1-5 to start the season. :coffee:

They need to start winning before he can worry about whether the fans are "believing in us".

This isn't Peter Pan! Believing in fairies isn't going to help you fly to Neverland!

Poet
09-26-2019, 12:20 AM
This isn't Peter Pan! Believing in fairies isn't going to help you fly to Neverland!

What in the bluest of blue hells is wrong with you?

Cugel
09-26-2019, 12:26 AM
Injury Report: CB Bryce Callahan to miss at least 4-6 weeks after foot procedure (https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/injuryreport/injury-report-cb-bryce-callahan-to-miss-at-least-4-6-weeks-after-foot-procedure)

“I don’t know exactly what he’s dealing with, but I know it’s not Lisfranc,” Head Coach Vic Fangio said Wednesday. “He’s still having complications from the injury he had last year and the surgery he had after the injury.”

Fangio said the procedure was not surgical in nature.

Callahan suffered a foot injury during Week 14 of the 2018 season. He participated in nearly all of the Broncos’ offseason program before his foot was stepped on during a July 27 practice.

He has not yet played in a game with the Broncos and has either been limited or held out of practice since the regular season began.

Fangio said placing Callahan on injured reserve “was and still is” an option.

This just illustrates the problems with this team. The two big FA acquisitions haven't even played this year and aren't likely to have an impact.

Callahan got the big contract -- Bryce Callahan signed a 3 year, $21,000,000 contract with the Denver Broncos, including a $4,000,000 signing bonus, $10,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $7,000,000. In 2019, Callahan will earn a base salary of $2,500,000, a signing bonus of $4,000,000 and a roster bonus of $406,250, while carrying a cap hit of $4,239,583 and a dead cap value of $6,500,000.

Yet he was coming off season ending foot surgery, so why did Denver take such a big chance on him? Because Elway was desperate. They got rid of Talib, Yiadom was and is a bust, the cupboard was bare. They needed help at the CB position, had zero depth.

It's been like this for years. Think of all the FA OL busts -- Donald Stephenson, Menelik Watson, Russell Okung, Ron Leary, . . . .

Always a desperate reach for an oft-injured player whose team let them go in FA, and it never works out -- because the player continues to be injured or just inadequate.

If you haven't got a solid foundation in the draft FA isn't going to rescue a team from losing seasons very often.

Cugel
09-26-2019, 12:28 AM
What in the bluest of blue hells is wrong with you?

My comment made perfect sense. Yours did not.

Shazam!
09-26-2019, 03:36 AM
Injury Report: CB Bryce Callahan to miss at least 4-6 weeks after foot procedure (https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/injuryreport/injury-report-cb-bryce-callahan-to-miss-at-least-4-6-weeks-after-foot-procedure)

“I don’t know exactly what he’s dealing with, but I know it’s not Lisfranc,” Head Coach Vic Fangio said Wednesday. “He’s still having complications from the injury he had last year and the surgery he had after the injury.”

Fangio said the procedure was not surgical in nature.

Callahan suffered a foot injury during Week 14 of the 2018 season. He participated in nearly all of the Broncos’ offseason program before his foot was stepped on during a July 27 practice.

He has not yet played in a game with the Broncos and has either been limited or held out of practice since the regular season began.

Fangio said placing Callahan on injured reserve “was and still is” an option.

This just illustrates the problems with this team. The two big FA acquisitions haven't even played this year and aren't likely to have an impact.

Callahan got the big contract -- Bryce Callahan signed a 3 year, $21,000,000 contract with the Denver Broncos, including a $4,000,000 signing bonus, $10,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $7,000,000. In 2019, Callahan will earn a base salary of $2,500,000, a signing bonus of $4,000,000 and a roster bonus of $406,250, while carrying a cap hit of $4,239,583 and a dead cap value of $6,500,000.

Yet he was coming off season ending foot surgery, so why did Denver take such a big chance on him? Because Elway was desperate. They got rid of Talib, Yiadom was and is a bust, the cupboard was bare. They needed help at the CB position, had zero depth.

It's been like this for years. Think of all the FA OL busts -- Donald Stephenson, Menelik Watson, Russell Okung, Ron Leary, . . . .

Always a desperate reach for an oft-injured player whose team let them go in FA, and it never works out -- because the player continues to be injured or just inadequate.

If you haven't got a solid foundation in the draft FA isn't going to rescue a team from losing seasons very often.

Juwan James was the bigger loss similar situation

VonDoom
09-26-2019, 01:40 PM
Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala 28m
Vic Fangio said Kareem Jackson is “truly questionable” with a hamstring injury. He didn’t practice yesterday and will not practice today. Could mean more time for Duke Dawson if Jackson can’t go Sunday.

Troy Renck @TroyRenck 27m
#Broncos Fangio said no consideration on decreasing snaps for Von. He’s played around 80 percent. This year well over 90. Said great players he’s coached play more than 90 percent #Denver7

Troy Renck @TroyRenck 10m
#Broncos DC Ed Donatell said they have to sense of urgency. Of course, the no sacks and no takeaways bothers him. But the Broncos have faced fewest pass attempts in #NFL. #Denver7

Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala 8m
The Broncos could be without their top three free-agent acquisitions Sunday.

CB Bryce Callahan (3 yrs, $21M) and RT Ja’Wuan James (4 yrs, $51M) are both out with knee injuries.

DB Kareem Jackson (3 yrs, $33M) is questionable at this point with a hamstring injury.

Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala 8m
Von Miller came out and gave a statement saying the Broncos have a great game plan, then walked off. Didn’t take any questions.

VonDoom
09-26-2019, 01:40 PM
Something bothering Von? Seems very unlike him to walk out on a press conference like that.

Shazam!
09-26-2019, 01:48 PM
I cant help but feel hes not happy with the expectations that the Defense has to be constantly carrying the load year after year for a putrid offense that averages like -20 points every year

underrated29
09-26-2019, 02:05 PM
Something bothering Von? Seems very unlike him to walk out on a press conference like that.

I like it. Maybe he is pissed off.
Sick of the questions and whatnot. Maybe just maybe hes going to light a MFr up!

(or maybe hes being traded, I doubt it.)

If I was minshew I would be worried as **** this weekened.

Hawgdriver
09-26-2019, 02:09 PM
CB Bryce Callahan (3 yrs, $21M) and RT Ja’Wuan James (4 yrs, $51M) are both out with knee injuries.

DB Kareem Jackson (3 yrs, $33M) is questionable at this point with a hamstring injury.

:noidea:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-26-2019, 02:21 PM
Broncos' Von Miller makes statement, exits press conference

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/broncos-von-miller-makes-statement-exits-press-conference

tripp
09-26-2019, 03:28 PM
Despite how disgustingly awful we've played on both sides of the ball, I feel really good about this game.

I want to believe Von and Chubb combine for 4+ sacks. We get out ahead early and maintain the lead. I've seen enough of Isaac Yiadom for a life time, give Bausby his spot.

MOtorboat
09-26-2019, 05:16 PM
Is it possible this is a sneaky shootout game?

Ramsey appears to be out for Jacksonville. Callahan is still out for Denver, Jackson may not play, Wolfe is banged up. The Broncos couldn’t get any pressure with Wolfe. The only thing I wonder is if Scangarello will ever open it up for Flacco or not.

Buff
09-26-2019, 05:39 PM
Is it possible this is a sneaky shootout game?

Ramsey appears to be out for Jacksonville. Callahan is still out for Denver, Jackson may not play, Wolfe is banged up. The Broncos couldn’t get any pressure with Wolfe. The only thing I wonder is if Scangarello will ever open it up for Flacco or not.

Vegas has it as the lowest scoring game of the week... And our offense is our offense, soooo... I'm gonna say no.

BroncoWave
09-27-2019, 09:25 AM
I heard a take today that makes me a bit more hopeful for this game. This kind of reaks of the "Gardner Minshew has become a media darling then comes back to earth" game. He came out of nowhere for a couple of nice game but now there's some tape on him and maybe he's starting to believe his own hype now.

Davii
09-27-2019, 10:23 AM
We get rolling and build some confidence this week. We're playing at home, against a rookie QB, a rookie RT, uncertainty at LT with Cam Robinson's knee, hurt backup, etc. On the defensive side they're missing their best player in the secondary, are down a couple LBs, etc.

I'm not worried about our secondary this week. They match up well with Jvilles pass catchers... they suck...

This will be the equivalent of last year's Cardinals game. Complimentary football. Get a lead, make them throw the ball, eat Minshew alive, crowd cause false starts, put them behind the sticks, let Von and Chubb feast.

It will be fun. Mark it down.

NightTrainLayne
09-27-2019, 11:24 AM
I'm feeling Missouri about this team. They're going to have to show me.

underrated29
09-27-2019, 11:25 AM
Yep, I have no doubts we win this game.

VonDoom
09-27-2019, 02:37 PM
https://twitter.com/masedenver/status/1177660145238589440?s=21

Nomad
09-27-2019, 05:49 PM
Yep, I have no doubts we win this game.

Duh! Who has any doubts?

Nomad
09-27-2019, 05:49 PM
I'm feeling Missouri about this team. They're going to have to show me.

Take a lap, NTL.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-27-2019, 08:34 PM
In other news, we are on a 7 game losing streak going back to last year. Worst in the league.

Timmy!
09-27-2019, 09:29 PM
Duh! Who has any doubts?

Me. I think we win, but I could see it going the other way and full on self destruction ensues. Fangio has lost me, but it's early.

Poet
09-27-2019, 09:34 PM
If we lose, Fangio should be fired.

Nomad
09-28-2019, 09:40 AM
Win the Broncos shall.

Davii
09-28-2019, 09:50 AM

Better yet, tarred and feathered at the 50yd line!

Wait until the season's over. Firing a coach at this point is nothing more than silly.

Nomad
09-28-2019, 09:55 AM
Better yet, tarred and feathered at the 50yd line!

Wait until the season's over. Firing a coach at this point is nothing more than silly.

I remember the excitement when Fangio was hired.

Nomad
09-28-2019, 10:51 AM

UnderArmour
09-28-2019, 06:02 PM

Nah. It's a 16 game season. Vance Joseph started 2-0, and went downhill from there. I'm not even thinking of firing Fangio this year unless the team starts quitting on him.

I want to see improved pressure, better secondary play, and an offense that consistently moves the football. Last week the offense moved the football, but turned the ball over. Last week the defense did a good job of bending but not breaking, however failed to generate any big time defensive plays in the process.

Poet
09-28-2019, 07:53 PM
Nah. It's a 16 game season. Vance Joseph started 2-0, and went downhill from there. I'm not even thinking of firing Fangio this year unless the team starts quitting on him.

I want to see improved pressure, better secondary play, and an offense that consistently moves the football. Last week the offense moved the football, but turned the ball over. Last week the defense did a good job of bending but not breaking, however failed to generate any big time defensive plays in the process.

I want to see a defensive scheme that is actually a scheme and not a concession. That's what Fangio has brought here, and that's what he's calling because he apparently can't figure out what to do with the best pass rush tandem in the game.

The team is playing poorly, losing games it shouldn't, it's scheming away from the strengths of its best players. He has failed miserably at every single possible he's been asked to do. And I can already hear in interviews how frustrated players are. I think some of it is at him.

Simple Jaded
09-28-2019, 07:54 PM
https://twitter.com/masedenver/status/1177660145238589440?s=21

Shit Jewell might not play, whose gonna wave to receivers blowing through his zone?

Davii
09-28-2019, 08:46 PM
Shit Jewell might not play, whose gonna wave to receivers blowing through his zone?

The backup spent extra time practicing his wave after practice