PDA

View Full Version : Personally, I liked what I saw.....

WARHORSE
09-22-2019, 04:54 PM
.....other than the turnovers.

I loved a lot about this game.

I saw huge improvement on offense.

We RAN THE BALL HARD, right into their face!!

Oline played their a**es off. I loved it.

Playcalling, Flacco, steady.

NO HOLDING PENALTIES ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE!!!!

Bolles was making some great blocks out there.

Other than the turnovers, we win this game.

The offensive playcalling was steady and committed to the run game, while we converted in some tough situations.

They never gave up. The D played well.

GO B R O N C O S!!

Simple Jaded
09-22-2019, 05:01 PM
I like what I see in you WARHORSE.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
09-22-2019, 05:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KmhwE.gif

GEM
09-22-2019, 06:34 PM
I saw improvements on offense. But any improvements get overlooked when you lose the ball 3 times. Nothing else matters since you have regressed in a very costly part of the game.

Defense looks effing lethargic. They just look like they don't want to be there, like at all.

Northman
09-22-2019, 06:36 PM
I saw improvements on offense. But any improvements get overlooked when you lose the ball 3 times. Nothing else matters since you have regressed in a very costly part of the game.

Defense looks effing lethargic. They just look like they don't want to be there, like at all.

Agree 100%

UnderArmour
09-22-2019, 06:42 PM
0-3. Sorry, NOTHING to like here. 0-3 has never, and will never be something positive here. This is BRONCOS forums, not Chiefs, Raiders, or Chargers forums. This team is a dumpster fire. 0-3 is an absolute joke.

Poet
09-22-2019, 06:50 PM
Fangina is an awful head coach and we can't win with him. Scangs is a ******* idiot who should be shot.

Shazam!
09-22-2019, 06:55 PM
I love the optimism. Nothing good comes out of this.

Nomad
09-22-2019, 07:24 PM
Fangina is an awful head coach and we can't win with him. Scangs is a ******* idiot who should be shot.

Next week, King. Greener pastures.

Simple Jaded
09-22-2019, 07:26 PM

I’m not gonna lie ... this is impressive.

Poet
09-22-2019, 07:29 PM
I’m not gonna lie ... this is impressive.

I'm going into a dark place, man.

Nomad
09-22-2019, 07:31 PM
I'm going into a dark place, man.

Let go of your hate. Don't go to the dark side.

Shazam!
09-22-2019, 07:32 PM
I will say with Bausby looks like Yiadom is gone

And Broncos have a lefit punt returner.

So... Not all bad.

Poet
09-22-2019, 07:34 PM
Let go of your hate. Don't go to the dark side.

I'm confliced.

BroncoNut
09-22-2019, 07:47 PM
I'm with wh and strawberry shortcake, I mean nomad. It's not about winning or losing its how you play the game

Cugel
09-22-2019, 08:03 PM
Bad teams find ways to lose close games. Notice it's something different every game? First game, lack of intensity on defense and dropped passes. Second game bad penalties negating TDs. Third game, turnovers and bad penalties negating TDs. Defense playing soft in critical situations, bad coaching decisions. This team looks lost out there.

Northman
09-22-2019, 08:05 PM
^He's right.

VonDoom
09-22-2019, 08:31 PM
0-3. Sorry, NOTHING to like here. 0-3 has never, and will never be something positive here. This is BRONCOS forums, not Chiefs, Raiders, or Chargers forums. This team is a dumpster fire. 0-3 is an absolute joke.

Agreed. I don’t want to hear that there were good things here. Go win a ******* game

elsid13
09-22-2019, 09:13 PM
Refs were told to ease up on the holding calls this week, it was on all pregame shows. Bolles had 3 holds that should have called.

WARHORSE
09-22-2019, 09:15 PM

I loved what I heard from the head coach. He doesnt look rattled to me.

VJ would have been stuttering.

COACHING WINS. How many times do we have to watch it play out in New England before people allow the lightbulb to go on?

Of course 3 turnovers loses you a game.

What happened? Fant gets stripped. Was that Fangios fault? Coaching? No....its a rookie.

Flacco gets stripped mid throw, our offensive lineman falls right on the ball, cant corral it. Fangios fault?

The interception....its raining, Flacco loses grip, defense comes up with an INT by hairs. Fangios fault? Coaching?

The Oline got BETTER. COACHING is taking place.

REDZONE OFFENSE got better.....COACHING IS TAKING PLACE!

The run game was STUDLY.

WE CONTROLLED THE BALL keeping Aaron off the field......other than the turnovers.

It wasnt only the turnovers...it was where they took place.

Dont tell me people that we didnt win that Chicago game......it was handed to them.

wayninja
09-22-2019, 10:43 PM
It's comforting to know that each loss can be met with a point by point rebuttal about how it's not the coaches fault.

Timmy!
09-23-2019, 02:34 AM
3 games. 0 sacks. 0 turnovers. #coachingistakingplace

NightTrainLayne
09-23-2019, 01:49 PM
It does look like there are some incremental improvements, especially on the offensive side (take the turnovers out of the equation).

To me, that's a sign of good coaching. We'll see if they continue to do so.

BroncoJoe
09-23-2019, 01:51 PM
The game was definitely "closer" than the final score would indicate.

WARHORSE
09-23-2019, 02:32 PM
3 games. 0 sacks. 0 turnovers. #coachingistakingplace

lol

WARHORSE
09-23-2019, 02:38 PM
It's comforting to know that each loss can be met with a point by point rebuttal about how it's not the coaches fault.

Like a warm blanket on a cold morning.

We already have the 'Woe is me' crowd giving the point by point reasons to jump.

Things can get worse. They can get better.

We'll find out what kind of character is in this lockeroom.

Valar Morghulis
09-23-2019, 04:10 PM
I like this risner fellow

Loved how he helped #30 on that td

Timmy!
09-23-2019, 04:14 PM
lol

Lol is exactly what the world thinks about the Broncos.

You do realize we set a record? No team since sacks became official in 1982, has had a 3 game stretch of no sacks and no turnovers. None. Zero. Has never happened, let alone to open a season. It's ridiculously pathetic. Lol indeed.

Northman
09-23-2019, 04:16 PM
The game was definitely "closer" than the final score would indicate.

https://i.imgflip.com/24bim6.jpg

Northman
09-23-2019, 04:17 PM
I like this risner fellow

Loved how he helped #30 on that td

Without Risner Lindsey doesnt score.

Valar Morghulis
09-23-2019, 04:28 PM
I also liked bausby

That ends the things I liked.

Tbolt
09-23-2019, 04:37 PM
Personally, I like being kicked in the balls.

BroncoJoe
09-23-2019, 04:45 PM
Personally, I like being kicked in the balls.

Dave, meet Tbolt.

Tbolt, meet Dave.

Let us know how this works out please, but in the lounge!

wayninja
09-23-2019, 05:41 PM
Like a warm blanket on a cold morning.

We already have the 'Woe is me' crowd giving the point by point reasons to jump.

Things can get worse. They can get better.

We'll find out what kind of character is in this lockeroom.

True, it could always be worse. We could be 0-4. And if that happens. It could always be worse.

Hawgdriver
09-23-2019, 09:47 PM
True, it could always be worse. We could be 0-4. And if that happens. It could always be worse.

Yeah, when we hit 0-5 I'll lose my optimism. I'm so weird. I picked the Broncos to finish this season worse than everyone but somehow I feel more optimistic than everyone now. I still feel like they can hit the playoffs, is that bizarre?

Nomad
09-23-2019, 09:50 PM
Yeah, when we hit 0-5 I'll lose my optimism. I'm so weird. I picked the Broncos to finish this season worse than everyone but somehow I feel more optimistic than everyone now. I still feel like they can hit the playoffs, is that bizarre?

I have taught you well. :D

wayninja
09-23-2019, 09:57 PM

Nah, no one knows what's going to happen. Going with your gut evolutionary. I say embrace it. Even if it lurches nauseatingly back and forth.

If we make the playoffs, drinks on me!

Hawgdriver
09-23-2019, 10:14 PM
I have taught you well. :D

I am ready to fight the enemy, sensei.

Elevation inc
09-24-2019, 02:40 AM

I'm pretty Pissy with this 0-3 start, but weirdly I think the Jags, Ten, SD slate is a perfect setup for us to be 3-3 and get the upset over KC in week 7.....I'm not sure why I feel that way either, cause there are a lot of players I dislike on the team, and I am very wary of this coaching staff....and especially our Qb.

Its weird......

Hawgdriver
09-24-2019, 09:19 AM
I'm pretty Pissy with this 0-3 start, but weirdly I think the Jags, Ten, SD slate is a perfect setup for us to be 3-3 and get the upset over KC in week 7.....I'm not sure why I feel that way either, cause there are a lot of players I dislike on the team, and I am very wary of this coaching staff....and especially our Qb.

Its weird......

Yeah, it's tough to know. This last game was rough because we all knew it was winnable. Good teams just find ways to win those winnable games.

The eyeball test has said in each game 'this is a real NFL team'. Not great, lots of caveats, whatever--but the eyeball test has been ok.

Just hope they find their groove and start clicking. Wouldn't be a shocker if they ran off 6-8 wins to close out the season.

They could also go 0-16.

There you have it.

NightTrainLayne
09-24-2019, 10:37 AM
It seems like Jacksonville always beats us at home. It's a rare win at home against them for some reason. I'm not confident of beating them.

At the Chargers? It's not really a home game for the Chargers, but. . .. meh.

Maybe we can pick up our first win against Tennessee. Before the Chiefs absolutely snuff out any hope of life.

Buff
09-24-2019, 10:43 AM
It seems like Jacksonville always beats us at home. It's a rare win at home against them for some reason. I'm not confident of beating them.

Maybe we can pick up our first win against Tennessee. Before the Chiefs absolutely snuff out any hope of life.

It's gonna be pretty depressing when 6th round draft pick Gardner Minshew comes in and lights us up while our $23 million dollar man rambles around and scores us 14 points.

slim
09-24-2019, 10:53 AM
It's gonna be pretty depressing when 6th round draft pick Gardner Minshew comes in and lights us up while our $23 million dollar man rambles around and scores us 14 points.

Not really. If you haven't adjusted your expectations by now, that's on you.

Buff
09-24-2019, 10:54 AM
Not really. If you haven't adjusted your expectations by now, that's on you.

Hey, cool post. Good content.

slim
09-24-2019, 10:58 AM

You don't mean that!!

NightTrainLayne
09-24-2019, 11:00 AM

You think Von's going to score us 14 points? Only on Dancing With the Stars.

wayninja
09-24-2019, 11:00 AM
I feel like buff is judging my every post. And they are all found wanting.

What even is my life?

He's due. He knows he can play better.

slim
09-24-2019, 11:02 AM

I think we are 4-4 against Jax @ mile high.

slim
09-24-2019, 11:02 AM

What even is my life?

He's due. He knows he can play better.

Buff judges people. It's what he does.

NightTrainLayne
09-24-2019, 11:03 AM

Ooof. My mistake. Associated the wrong $20 million + per year player.

This did put things in perspective though. .. .as bad as it is, we're getting better production/dollar spent out of Flacco than Miller. . .. Just sayin'.

Valar Morghulis
09-24-2019, 11:03 AM
Whatever happened to that blackmon dude that ripped us for about 200 yards?

Buff
09-24-2019, 11:10 AM

What even is my life?

Don't be so hard on yourself - there was that one day when you had those good posts.

wayninja
09-24-2019, 11:12 AM
Don't be so hard on yourself - there was that one day when you had those good posts.

Good times. Good times. I know I can get there again.

BroncoJoe
09-24-2019, 11:12 AM
Good times. Good times. I know I can get there again.

Just like the Broncos!

NightTrainLayne
09-24-2019, 11:13 AM
Ninja's best posting in his career was all behind the scenes when he was a moderator. He really shined back there.

I guess it's performance anxiety. .. not so much pressure, and he could really let loose.

wayninja
09-24-2019, 11:14 AM
Ninja's best posting in his career was all behind the scenes when he was a moderator. He really shined back there.

I guess it's performance anxiety. .. not so much pressure, and he could really let loose.

My skills just don't translate to the amateur level.

wayninja
09-24-2019, 11:16 AM
Whatever happened to that blackmon dude that ripped us for about 200 yards?

This dude?

https://sports.cbsimg.net/images/blogs/Justin-Blackmon-arrest-12-21-15.png

Hawgdriver
09-24-2019, 11:17 AM

Don't be salty buff. Be rime.

Valar Morghulis
09-24-2019, 11:20 AM
This dude?

https://sports.cbsimg.net/images/blogs/Justin-Blackmon-arrest-12-21-15.png

Yup, I think snorted the ganja and went out of control

Hawgdriver
09-24-2019, 11:22 AM
Like this Buff.

https://www.bettycrocker.com/-/media/legacy/Images/Bettys-Dish/April2012/Rimming-Margarita-Glasses/Sprinkles.jpg

wayninja
09-24-2019, 11:25 AM

That's hardcore. I think even Shane would approve, and that dude hates everything.

arapaho2
09-24-2019, 03:19 PM
there are some issues, first the record...we should be no worse than 1-2...we beat the bears!! although we got an L in the books, the refs gave them 15 yards and a extra second...then consider a team with a New HC, new defensive scheme, New 1st time OC, new qb, center, rt, LG and a RG coming off IR
and we played two of the best defenses this year back to back

are there positives...yes we showed we can run the ball, our offense other then flacco and sanders is young
we are moving the ball and are not leading the league in 3n outs

the defense for all the lack of sacks and turnovers isn't that bad...yes we gave up 27 to Rodgers...but 7 was a TO on our 5 yard line the other inside the 30...you cant stop Rodgers and then have the offense hand him back the ball and expect the defense to come back out and stop him again
that's 14 of his 27 points

i think the problem on offense is flacco either holding the ball to dam long because he scared to throw, or he isn't seeing the field or...the scheme isn't designed for getting the ball out quick!

probably some of all...theres just times when a play is covered and the wise qb throws the ball away...flacco isn't doing that, hes taking the sack
theres times when the game is screaming for a slant or a crosser....and nothing, theres times like the last series and the play design has lindsey motion to the sideline...and sit there as flaccos check down, easily covered easily tackled, why not have lindsey beat the mismatch by coming across the field ?? use his speed to beat the defender

on defense they are creating nearly zero pressure...ok, so send in some blitzes, some disguised blitzes, why was harris so dominate last year but he hasn't crushed the pocket once, we need interior pressure to collapse thepocket, if the down linemen cant do it...send the blitz at times

LawDog
09-24-2019, 03:53 PM

Losing is contagious, but so is winning. Take two of the red pills and call me around halloween.

Buff
09-24-2019, 04:17 PM

I kind of understand what you mean. This team is more talented than the average 0-3 squad. If you simulated that 3 game stretch 100 times, we might come out 2-1 on a decent percentage. Every break has seemingly been a bad one thus far. We are bound to get some sacks and turnovers eventually. So there is upside.

That said, we're 0-3, have to play the Chiefs and Chargers twice each. The Vikings, Bills, Colts and Texans all look like playoff teams.

In other words - PLAYOFFS?!?! PLAYOFFS?!?!?! -- 6-10 feels like the absolute best case scenario to me, with the downside being much more likely.

Hawgdriver
09-24-2019, 04:42 PM
I kind of understand what you mean. This team is more talented than the average 0-3 squad. If you simulated that 3 game stretch 100 times, we might come out 2-1 on a decent percentage. Every break has seemingly been a bad one thus far. We are bound to get some sacks and turnovers eventually. So there is upside.

That said, we're 0-3, have to play the Chiefs and Chargers twice each. The Vikings, Bills, Colts and Texans all look like playoff teams.

In other words - PLAYOFFS?!?! PLAYOFFS?!?!?! -- 6-10 feels like the absolute best case scenario to me, with the downside being much more likely.

Spotting 3 losses going into a season is like trying to win the Tour de France without doping.

Buff
09-24-2019, 04:43 PM
Spotting 3 losses going into a season is like trying to win the Tour de France without doping.

Especially when you play in the same division as Mahomes and the same Conference as Brady.

BroncoWave
09-24-2019, 05:19 PM

I was looking at our schedule again today and 4-12 seems exceeding realistic. We have 6 road games left and we'll almost definitely be underdogs in all 6. That's 9 losses if those games hold to form. We'll probably lose at home to KC so there's 10 losses. Then we'd have to sweep the other 6 remaining home games just to get to 6-10. Maybe we steal a couple of those road games but we probably drop a couple of the home ones as well. So that still caps us at 6-10.

Maybe we pull a Texans from last year and catch fire after starting 0-3, but that's just hard to see right now.

BroncoNut
09-24-2019, 06:32 PM
There's something about waves posting style that just rubs me the wrong way

BroncoWave
09-24-2019, 06:49 PM
There's something about waves posting style that just rubs me the wrong way

Do you want me to rub you the right way? :naughty:

Poet
09-24-2019, 07:12 PM
do you want me to rub you the right way? :naughty:

unfaithful harlot!

Simple Jaded
09-24-2019, 08:18 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/24bim6.jpg

Barf

Cugel
09-24-2019, 09:18 PM

I was trying to figure out how anybody can snort weed and expect to get anything but a headache, and then I realized you just were out of control.

WARHORSE
09-24-2019, 09:32 PM

And here comes a Jaguar team who beat Tenn and lost to Texans and KC.

Heres what Im looking for: Success in the run game. Over 4.5 ypc. Hard running, not one homerun and a bunch of 2 yard runs.

Hold Jags under 20 pts.

Get some sacks.

27 plus points.

Win the turnover battle.

We do that......I'll be happy.

We do the opposite.......it could be worse.

:coffee:

WARHORSE
09-24-2019, 09:33 PM

But it can be done! (Depending on the day you ask Lance)

Nomad
09-24-2019, 09:46 PM
The Stache aint comin into Denver, and leaving with a win. No way.

spikerman
09-24-2019, 09:48 PM
And here comes a Jaguar team who beat Tenn and lost to Texans and KC.

Heres what Im looking for: Success in the run game. Over 4.5 ypc. Hard running, not one homerun and a bunch of 2 yard runs.

Hold Jags under 20 pts.

Get some sacks.

27 plus points.

Win the turnover battle.

We do that......I'll be happy.

We do the opposite.......it could be worse.

:coffee:
27 points seems like a bridge too far.

WARHORSE
09-24-2019, 10:13 PM

We will see.

A Bridge Too Far. Great movie.

WARHORSE
09-24-2019, 10:15 PM

Damn straight. Tear that fuzz off, put some tissue behind his ears, kick one nut and send the boy home.

Davii
09-25-2019, 11:48 AM

Please let Mr. McManus and Mr. Miller know before game time.

Cugel
09-25-2019, 12:46 PM

27 points? The Jags have a pretty good defense, about as good as the Bears. They have playmakers at all three levels and a fierce pass rush. You saw that they went out to actually HURT Pat Mahomes and at one point he was carried off the field in the first half, but he was alright and came back in and he's OK.

The Broncos are going to have to play much better defense than they did against the Bears or Packers and try and score just enough to eke out a 16-13 victory or something. They are averaging 15.5 points a game.

If they give up 21 it's over.

Cugel
09-25-2019, 12:49 PM
Damn straight. Tear that fuzz off, put some tissue behind his ears, kick one nut and send the boy home.

It would be a crime to tear off that 70's style porn-stache.

Poet
09-25-2019, 02:17 PM
He's a weird dude.

Valar Morghulis
09-25-2019, 02:25 PM
I think I love him

Poet
09-25-2019, 02:27 PM
I think I love him

I don't. It just reminds of me the crap Fitzpatrick did last season. It's funny. It's almost charming. It causes no harm. I don't know why I dislike it but dislike it. A lot.

slim
09-25-2019, 02:28 PM
I think I love him

I like him. I hope he has a long career.

Nomad
09-25-2019, 05:25 PM
Please let Mr. McManus and Mr. Miller know before game time.

The memo has been sent.

Simple Jaded
09-25-2019, 10:25 PM
I can’t help but think the Broncos dodged a bullet with Minshew, he’s just what WCO honks like Skank is looking for and he’s the last ******* thing this franchise needs ... a scrub that the fans get a hardon for.

Timmy!
09-26-2019, 12:00 AM
I can’t help but think the Broncos dodged a bullet with Minshew, he’s just what WCO honks like Skank is looking for and he’s the last ******* thing this franchise needs ... a scrub that the fans get a hardon for.

I will reserve my thoughts until after he shits all over our Charmin fresh so soft defense, or we decide that being the NFL equivalent of a quivering vag isn't the proper defensive strategy.

Cugel
09-26-2019, 12:32 AM
Gardiner Minshew is probably not destined for long term NFL success, but that doesn't mean he won't shred the defense this week. They've been giving up big plays this season, and unless they get it turned around quick this is going to be one of those 4-12 seasons.

MasterShake
09-26-2019, 08:08 AM
It would be a crime to tear off that 70's style porn-stache.

Looks like Jake Plummer's younger, less talented brother who found his dad's Queen CD collection and wouldn't shut up about how "life-changing" their music was and how he was born in the wrong decade and mistook that for a personality.

Valar Morghulis
09-26-2019, 08:09 AM
Looks like Jake Plummer's younger, less talented brother who found his dad's Queen CD collection and wouldn't shut up about how "life-changing" their music was and how he was born in the wrong decade and mistook that for a personality.

We are finished.

The stash is my new Cody!!

MasterShake
09-26-2019, 09:10 AM
We are finished.

The stash is my new Cody!!

You and you mustache ride fetish!