PDA

View Full Version : TRADE Von

Shazam!
09-22-2019, 04:11 PM
That's right.

They squeezed almost a decade out of him and won a Championship. Its time to go forward, as him leading the Defense clearly isnt enough.

Besides, his injury history is good and wont be guaranteed going the next few years.

If Elway was shrewd a team destined for Playffs (Dallas?) Could get a haul for him. A 1st and 2 2nds at least.

They need to get ready for the future and Von being in it is questionable, CHJ is gone too. With all these QBs next year who should be great, BRONCOS need to prepare.

Whos with me

Simple Jaded
09-22-2019, 04:25 PM
No.

Shazam!
09-22-2019, 04:29 PM
Five straight games No Sacks going back to last year

Northman
09-22-2019, 04:30 PM
Well no one has any sacks but at the same time im not totally opposed to it either. We would still have Chubb at that point.

Shazam!
09-22-2019, 04:32 PM
If Jerry calls up offering a 1st and 2 2nds and 3rd Den doesnt bite?

Poet
09-22-2019, 04:33 PM
If Jerry calls up offering a 1st and 2 2nds and 3rd Den doesnt bite?

No one's offering that for Von Miller.

Simple Jaded
09-22-2019, 04:33 PM

Yet he’s still gonna get you a 1st and two 2nds? Interesting logic.

Nomad
09-22-2019, 04:34 PM
Von is the face of the Denver Broncos. It would suck to get rid of him.

NightTerror218
09-22-2019, 04:34 PM
Have you seen how he is being used? He is being held back. Have you looked at the QB release stats when playing broncos. Quick passes, QBs have held onto the ball for 2.5 seconds. No pass rush will ever make it. Have you seen how much Miller is dropping into coverage this year?

Shazam!
09-22-2019, 04:35 PM

Maybe on a more talented Defense he can make a difference.

Jade im a big fan of his.but he isnt the same player he was clearly

Northman
09-22-2019, 04:36 PM
I didnt see Miller being dropped back much today.

Valar Morghulis
09-22-2019, 04:38 PM
Trade Von and Lindsay to the giants for Eli and Cody - give the giants a first as well.

NightTerror218
09-22-2019, 04:38 PM
I would have rather used money on Callahan and Jackson and got an OT. Elway is avoiding the gaping OL hole and just pumps more into defense which is hurting this team more then any other decisions.

MOtorboat
09-22-2019, 04:42 PM

Selling low is always a good idea.

Simple Jaded
09-22-2019, 04:54 PM
Selling low is always a good idea.

The secret to my fortune.

Northman
09-22-2019, 04:56 PM

I honestly dont think there is any face to this team. Long gone are the days of true franchise players in my opinion.

Simple Jaded
09-22-2019, 04:59 PM
Maybe on a more talented Defense he can make a difference.

Jade im a big fan of his.but he isnt the same player he was clearly

He’s not being used the same, his talent is the least of their worries.

This is a reflex action, normal for fans ... or should I say typical. It’s going to be a lost season for Von Miller, the Denver Broncos Defenses version of John Elway, which is criminal.

BroncoWave
09-22-2019, 05:01 PM
I honestly dont think there is any face to this team. Long gone are the days of true franchise players in my opinion.

Disagree. He's the one superstar we have and the guy people think of when they think of the Broncos. We've had 3 players win a super bowl MVP and the first 2 played their entire careers with the Broncos. I'd like for Von to be the third.

Trading him might be the "smart" move, but as a fan I want to see him here until he retires.

Northman
09-22-2019, 05:04 PM
Disagree. He's the one superstar we have and the guy people think of when they think of the Broncos. We've had 3 players win a super bowl MVP and the first 2 played their entire careers with the Broncos. I'd like for Von to be the third.

Trading him might be the "smart" move, but as a fan I want to see him here until he retires.

Exactly my point though. The other two were in a totally different era as players these days dont generally finish their careers with the teams that drafted them. At this stage the smart move would be to try and move him.

Shazam!
09-22-2019, 05:19 PM

Exactly my point though. The other two were in a totally different era as players these days dont generally finish their careers with the teams that drafted them. At this stage the smart move would be to try and move him.

North agreea with me on almost everything.

Shazam!
09-22-2019, 05:20 PM
Who knows he may ask if this thing spirals even more outta control

Magnificent Seven
09-22-2019, 05:32 PM
Nope!

It looks like Broncos Defensive Coordinaor Ed Donatell's defense system doesn't fit with Von Miller and Bradley Chubb. Chemistry is not running smoothly.

elsid13
09-22-2019, 05:42 PM
Nope!

It looks like Broncos Defensive Coordinaor Ed Donatell's defense system doesn't fit with Von Miller and Bradley Chubb. Chemistry is not running smoothly.

It’s Fangio’s system, not Donatell

Poet
09-22-2019, 06:51 PM
Fangina ******* sucks and I hate it. I'm in a blind rage. **** ****

BroncoNut
09-23-2019, 11:56 AM

Nomad, while I respect this post I also feel obligated to state that you just need to keep your emotions under control. We all love Von Miller but he's not going to be around forever. The organization needs to be entertaining things like this, what's best for the team. We are not doing very good. I'm sorry buddy, I know it hurts

Hawgdriver
09-23-2019, 12:02 PM
Nomad, while I respect this post I also feel obligated to state that you just need to keep your emotions under control. We all love Von Miller but he's not going to be around forever. The organization needs to be entertaining things like this, what's best for the team. We are not doing very good. I'm sorry buddy, I know it hurts

omg nut

I bet you pull wings off flies

elsid13
09-23-2019, 03:04 PM
Sanders, Harris and Leary are more likely to be traded then Von, due to his cap hit. If that happens we are looking a 4th/5th/6th round picks.

Poet
09-23-2019, 03:09 PM
I'd be fine with a complete reboot. It's just hard to get value matching compensation.

jlarsiii
09-23-2019, 03:21 PM
Personally, I feel like we should have traded him last year. However, it would be hard to trade him away for more high draft picks for Elway to miss on...

Either way it's gonna suck. Keep him and watch his value slowly decrease as age catches up with him. Or trade him and watch Elway waste the draft picks...

slim
09-23-2019, 03:48 PM

There is no face in team?

BroncoNut
09-23-2019, 04:02 PM

exactly

BroncoNut
09-23-2019, 04:02 PM
Sanders, Harris and Leary are more likely to be traded then Von, due to his cap hit. If that happens we are looking a 4th/5th/6th round picks.

I'd be a little leary of Leary

Northman
09-23-2019, 04:09 PM

Well, maybe Elway's face... and teeth, dont forget about the teeth.

NightTerror218
09-24-2019, 06:56 PM
Coaching is the problem it’s not Von. Chubb is just as ineffective and there is no pressure all all front front 7. We are playing vanilla defense with soft done. Our secondary was mostly draft for man not zone. Either they have to gut a unit that has been on the verge of a top 10 unit for years or fix their system.

Shazam!
09-29-2019, 07:35 PM
Its time. Maybe collect a haul get Trevor L?

This team is in desperate need of new leadership.

Northman
09-29-2019, 07:47 PM
Didnt catch the game but saw we allowed them to march down and kick a game winning FG. Did we get any sacks today or no?

Poet
09-29-2019, 07:48 PM
Didnt catch the game but saw we allowed them to march down and kick a game winning FG. Did we get any sacks today or no?

Five or six. Von and Chubb played well.

Timmy!
09-29-2019, 07:50 PM

What King said. Still no turnovers. Oh and we gave up 270 yards rushing. #Fangina

Northman
09-29-2019, 07:52 PM
Fournette > Lindsey

Simple Jaded
09-29-2019, 08:57 PM
Fournette > Lindsey

I remember suggesting trading for him after Coughlin called him out last season, wasn’t a popular idea.

MOtorboat
09-29-2019, 10:06 PM
Still a no.

Valar Morghulis
09-30-2019, 12:13 AM
I thought Trevor L wasn't eligible until 2021?

Simple Jaded
09-30-2019, 12:24 AM
Still a no.

No to trading Von or no to trading for Fournette?

Simple Jaded
09-30-2019, 12:25 AM
I thought Trevor L wasn't eligible until 2021?

He’s not.

MOtorboat
09-30-2019, 01:27 AM
No to trading Von or no to trading for Fournette?

Why give up assets for Fournette?

I don’t think you get real value for Miller, which is why I’m against trading him. And I am against trading any possessed assets (draft picks) for players. It’s useless where this team is. It needs draft picks and a competent scouting department

Simple Jaded
09-30-2019, 01:33 AM
Why give up assets for Fournette?

I don’t think you get real value for Miller, which is why I’m against trading him. And I am against trading any possessed assets (draft picks) for players. It’s useless where this team is. It needs draft picks and a competent scouting department
Why do you hate science?

MOtorboat
09-30-2019, 01:34 AM
Why do you hate science?

I mean, the analytics hate Fournette, so I’m gonna disagree on the science angle.

Elevation inc
09-30-2019, 02:34 AM
I would trade Flacco or Sanders that's about it. Roster needs a complete overhaul but its not gonna happen in 1 year......

Northman
09-30-2019, 07:50 AM
The thing is sooner or later players are going to want out or else you will end up with another AB moment. Von isnt there yet but it looks like Harris is ready to pack up and go. Forcing players to stay where they dont want to is not the answer either and can only cause more problems. I think sooner or later Von is going to want another chance at a title and he aint getting it in Denver, there is just too much to fix at this point.

Elevation inc
09-30-2019, 08:05 AM
The thing is sooner or later players are going to want out or else you will end up with another AB moment. Von isnt there yet but it looks like Harris is ready to pack up and go. Forcing players to stay where they dont want to is not the answer either and can only cause more problems. I think sooner or later Von is going to want another chance at a title and he aint getting it in Denver, there is just too much to fix at this point.

your not wrong but if the FO is honest with itself and rebuilds the right way we could be back in the playoffs next year with Lock if he proves talented. Might be better then what we have trotted out the last 4 years......

Northman
09-30-2019, 08:08 AM
your not wrong but if the FO is honest with itself and rebuilds the right way we could be back in the playoffs next year with Lock if he proves talented. Might be better then what we have trotted out the last 4 years......

There is always that possibility but truthfully the Broncos have done nothing to give me any indication thats going to happen.

Elevation inc
09-30-2019, 08:10 AM
There is always that possibility but truthfully the Broncos have done nothing to give me any indication thats going to happen.

yeah your not wrong......

Simple Jaded
10-01-2019, 02:27 AM
I mean, the analytics hate Fournette, so I’m gonna disagree on the science angle.

You!

Math and science are two different subjects.

Simple Jaded
10-01-2019, 02:27 AM
Ugh! FFS Inc it’s *You’re.

This is how teams get to 0-4.

Elevation inc
10-01-2019, 03:05 AM
Ugh! FFS Inc it’s *You’re.

This is how teams get to 0-4.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yore.....plus You're takes longer to type....Science and shit....

dogfish
10-01-2019, 02:39 PM
Dumb thread is dumb. The cap hit is prohibitive. He's not going anywhere.

Shazam!
10-01-2019, 04:08 PM
Dumb thread is dumb. The cap hit is prohibitive. He's not going anywhere.

Being free of his 20+mill to fill other needs with all the holes on this Roster make perfect sense. Its like he has no place They won't win while hes here. Let him go where he has an opportuity this year and next. Plenty of teams would be interested.

Poet
10-01-2019, 07:52 PM
Being free of his 20+mill to fill other needs with all the holes on this Roster make perfect sense. Its like he has no place They won't win while hes here. Let him go where he has an opportuity this year and next. Plenty of teams would be interested.

What about the cap hit?

Poet
10-01-2019, 07:52 PM
I don't have any sacred cows, tbh. Anyone not on a rookie deal can dip on out.

Simple Jaded
10-03-2019, 10:31 PM
The people saying trade the best player on the team will be the same people complaining next season when they suck even worse.

I don’t get the notion of getting rid of what little talent you have, especially for a FO that is the reason that there is a lack of talent.

As for the cap space, the Broncos started the ‘19 offseason with about $40 M in space, iirc, if not more. It’s not cap space that hurts this organization.

Simple Jaded
10-03-2019, 10:34 PM
“We suck, time to trade Von so we can give Josey Jewell some help”—- Nope Nopers Nopensteins

This is ass-backwards, you get rid of stiffs to get your studs help.

Poet
10-03-2019, 10:37 PM
No one wants Jewell.

People might want an aging Von. I'd love to trade just about everyone on this team, get a new GM who understands modern football, and play like it's 2019. We won't. We'll keep Elway, keep Fangina, keep screaming about defense, ignore QBotF development and just ******* eat it.

Simple Jaded
10-03-2019, 10:39 PM
And another thing; say you trade Von and replace him in FA, you’re looking at galactically overpaying Shaq Barrett to come back and get 5 sacks in 16 starts again.

Barrett is not Von Miller, never will be.

Simple Jaded
10-03-2019, 10:40 PM
No one wants Jewell.

People might want an aging Von. I'd love to trade just about everyone on this team, get a new GM who understands modern football, and play like it's 2019. We won't. We'll keep Elway, keep Fangina, keep screaming about defense, ignore QBotF development and just ******* eat it.

Nobody wants Jewell, couldn’t agree more, I said get rid of him.

Poet
10-03-2019, 10:42 PM
Nobody wants Jewell, couldn’t agree more, I said get rid of him.

Get rid of John. Fire Fangina. Hire an offensive based coach under the age of 45. Play real football.

Simple Jaded
10-03-2019, 10:47 PM
Btw the Broncos hired Skank because he supposedly runs a modern offense, he was one of the hot names because he had a cup of coffee with Shanatan or McVay.

Simple Jaded
10-03-2019, 10:48 PM
Get rid of John. Fire Fangina. Hire an offensive based coach under the age of 45. Play real football.

Skank was supposed to be that guy.

Maybe it’s the personnel again.

Poet
10-03-2019, 10:56 PM
Skank was supposed to be that guy.

Maybe it’s the personnel again.

I knew he was ****** up as a choice as soon as our old head coach picked him.

I'm past being jaded or bitter...

Poet
10-03-2019, 10:58 PM
Misanthrope. That's home.

Simple Jaded
10-03-2019, 11:03 PM
I knew he was ****** up as a choice as soon as our old head coach picked him.

I'm past being jaded or bitter...

Did Fangio pick him? I heard Fangio nixed the Kubiak idea but it’s my gut feeling that Elway wants the Shanatan WCO.

You don’t think Fangio would prefer the Andy Reid variation he saw in Chicago? I do, and would prefer that too.

Poet
10-03-2019, 11:20 PM
Did Fangio pick him? I heard Fangio nixed the Kubiak idea but it’s my gut feeling that Elway wants the Shanatan WCO.

You don’t think Fangio would prefer the Andy Reid variation he saw in Chicago? I do, and would prefer that too.

I hope Fangio nixed that garbage Kubiak shit. I believe it was John Elway who actually did it, though?

It is time we stopped looking to defense, older coaches, or a combination therein.

It is time for middle-aged or younger offensive minds and committing to a talented QBotF.

Simple Jaded
10-03-2019, 11:24 PM
I hope Fangio nixed that garbage Kubiak shit. I believe it was John Elway who actually did it, though?

It is time we stopped looking to defense, older coaches, or a combination therein.

It is time for middle-aged or younger offensive minds and committing to a talented QBotF.

The scuttlebutt at the time was Fangio.

Thank you for the opportunity to use the word “scuttlebutt”, you’re a good friend.

Poet
10-03-2019, 11:38 PM
The scuttlebutt at the time was Fangio.

Thank you for the opportunity to use the word “scuttlebutt”, you’re a good friend.

The HC in Chicago does a lot of work to make his QB look decent.

It's time for YOUTH!