PDA

View Full Version : Fangio to the Booth?

spikerman
09-16-2019, 09:46 AM
I wonder if it’s worth considering letting Fangio coach from the booth since it’s more comfortable for him. Something is obviously wrong since they are getting zero pressure and zero turnovers.

As for Scangs, maybe send him to play calling school. This is the most unimaginative offense I have seen in quite some time.

GEM
09-16-2019, 10:57 AM
How to start getting pressure....stop dropping Von and Chubb into coverage.

How to start getting turnovers....stop dropping Von and Chubb into coverage.

Davii
09-16-2019, 10:58 AM
I wonder if it’s worth considering letting Fangio coach from the booth since it’s more comfortable for him. Something is obviously wrong since they are getting zero pressure and zero turnovers.

As for Scangs, maybe send him to play calling school. This is the most unimaginative offense I have seen in quite some time.

Why isn't Donatell in the booth?

I don't know if having your HC in the booth is a good idea.

BroncoWave
09-16-2019, 11:10 AM
If your HC has to coach from the booth he shouldn't be a head coach. Definitely agree Donatell needs to go to the booth though.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2019, 11:27 AM
Last week the guys on the Fan agreed that they do not understand why Donatell is on the sidelines, rather than in the booth, as you see so much more from there, which he could relay to Fangio.

MOtorboat
09-16-2019, 11:49 AM
I don’t really care where they’re sitting or standing as long as they start to make some adjustments to that vanilla crap defense.

BroncoWave
09-16-2019, 11:56 AM
I don’t really care where they’re sitting or standing as long as they start to make some adjustments to that vanilla crap defense.

We would be the laughingstock of the league if our HC had to coach from the booth. Eff that.

NightTrainLayne
09-16-2019, 11:59 AM
We would be the laughingstock of the league if our HC had to coach from the booth. Eff that.

As far as the coaching part, I don't have a problem with it, but it is unworkable from the standpoint of communicating with the officials etc.

Conceptually, the HC could delegate all of this to someone else on the sidelines, but in reality that is a recipe for disaster. The HC has to be right there to communicate effectively, and make decisions as they come up. You can call down play calls, but the HC has a lot more than just play calls on his plate.

Poet
09-16-2019, 12:00 PM
How does one lead men from up in the booth?

Poet
09-16-2019, 12:04 PM
A player misbehaves or has to be talked too and is sent up to the booth like he's going to the principal's office?

They make Yiadom walk his useless ass all the way up there?

I mean, it's sort of funny?

Valar Morghulis
09-16-2019, 12:07 PM
Remember in pre-season when the players were talking about how aggressive their defensive scheme would be.......i have had more aggressive wanks

Poet
09-16-2019, 12:21 PM
Maybe he should give up playcalling duties because being HC is impacting his ability to do so? Or vice versa?

I've seen coaches do well with calling the plays and when it works I'm in favor of it. I was in favor of Fangio calling plays when we hired him. Ugh.

spikerman
09-16-2019, 01:56 PM
My other idea was changing the uniform so what do I know?

Northman
09-16-2019, 02:50 PM

If were able win Super bowls that way I dont care where he is. Lol

BroncoWave
09-16-2019, 02:51 PM
If were able win Super bowls that way I dont care where he is. Lol

Sure, but if you're losing almost every game like we're probably going to do, your coach is just a punch line if he's up in the booth.

Hawgdriver
09-18-2019, 11:39 PM
Everything is FINE.

Canmore
09-18-2019, 11:47 PM
There you have it.

SR
09-19-2019, 08:35 AM
How to start getting pressure....stop dropping Von and Chubb into coverage.

How to start getting turnovers....stop dropping Von and Chubb into coverage.

It's more complex than that. Opposing QBs know Yiadom sucks and that the linebackers can't cover TEs. No coverage = quick throws = no time to get to the QB. If Callahan isn't back and healthy and Yiadom is relied on to be the #2 corner, QBs will continue to have their way with this defense.

EastCoastBronco
09-19-2019, 11:30 AM
Everything is FINE.

UnderArmour
09-20-2019, 07:51 AM
Meh. The way Von and Chubb have been used has not been the reason for this team's 0-2 performance. The defense played a good game last week, and kept Trubisky in the pocket. It's obvious that this team has issues in the secondary if Callahan doesn't come back soon, and adjustments need to be made.

I expect this team to go into Lambeau, and dominate an extremely overrated Packers team.

spikerman
09-20-2019, 04:10 PM
Meh. The way Von and Chubb have been used has not been the reason for this team's 0-2 performance. The defense played a good game last week, and kept Trubisky in the pocket. It's obvious that this team has issues in the secondary if Callahan doesn't come back soon, and adjustments need to be made.

I expect this team to go into Lambeau, and dominate an extremely overrated Packers team.
I, for one, do not expect that.

Poet
09-21-2019, 12:08 AM

That would be awesome.

Canmore
09-21-2019, 12:37 AM
That would be awesome.

^^ Being the key word.