PDA

View Full Version : Broncos ownership dispute resumes after Pat Bowlen’s eldest daughters file petition to invalidate trust

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2019, 09:48 AM
A new chapter to the Broncos’ ownership dispute developed Friday in Arapahoe County Court.

Amie Klemmer and Beth Bowlen Wallace, Pat Bowlen’s two eldest daughters, filed a petition seeking to invalidate the 2009 Patrick D. Bowlen Trust on the grounds their father did not have the capacity to sign his estate-planning documents.

“There is substantial and overwhelming evidence that Mr. Bowlen lacked the required capacity in 2009,” said Giovanni Ruscitti, co-counsel for Klemmer and Wallace, in a statement. “As a result, Ms. Klemmer and Ms. Wallace have filed a petition asking the court to decide that issue, the related issue of whether the 2009 trust, which is the document under which the trustees have derived their power and authority, is valid and whether Mr. Bowlen was subjected to undue influence.”

rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2019/09/13/broncos-ownership-dispute-beth-bowlen-wallace-amie-klemmer/

dogfish
09-13-2019, 10:20 AM
give up, beth. . .

BroncoJoe
09-13-2019, 10:42 AM
At this point, I hope she never has any ownership or control.

Mike
09-13-2019, 10:50 AM
I haven't been following too closely. Anybody got cliffs on the story?

Valar Morghulis
09-13-2019, 11:04 AM
Yeah, rich girl cries foul because she's not getting something she wants at the expense of her father's memory and disgracing herself in the progress

Basically says her dad was lacking faculties in 2009 and the trust was a fraud

Shazam!
09-13-2019, 11:08 AM

I think it's in his declaration that anyine challenging will be disinherited and out

slim
09-13-2019, 11:16 AM
Pathetic.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2019, 11:43 AM
From the article:

Amie Klemmer and Beth Bowlen Wallace, Pat Bowlen’s two eldest daughters, filed a petition seeking to invalidate the 2009 Patrick D. Bowlen Trust on the grounds their father did not have the capacity to sign his estate-planning documents.

“There is substantial and overwhelming evidence that Mr. Bowlen lacked the required capacity in 2009,

Orlando and Sandy were talking about this earlier this morning. Orlando was drafted by the Broncos in 2011, and he said that it was Mr. B who approached him early on as he knew Orlando was from Canada, and they had a great discussion.

I would believe many other players, coaches, employees, etc, also could testify in regards to the times they interacted with Mr. B, before and after 2009. Also, was Mr. B still interfacing with the NFL on different committees at that time? If so, NFL people could also testify if it gets to that point.

Tned
09-13-2019, 11:46 AM

At this rate, and if they succeed, they might very well create a situation where the Broncos are sold.

WTE
09-13-2019, 01:42 PM
When my father was dying he cashed out a life insurance policy for pennies on the dollar. The check was never cashed. I brought the check to Met Life, explained my father did not have the mental capacity to make the decision to cash out and asked for the full amount of the policy.

They agreed without any battles.

Northman
09-13-2019, 01:50 PM
If im the judge i would force Beth and company to actually provide medical documents showing that Pat was not of right mind when he signed the documents. Otherwise i would be throwing that shit out in a heartbeat.

WTE
09-13-2019, 01:55 PM
Why is your organization always in controversy, scandal and turmoil?

Unlike mine.

Shazam!
09-13-2019, 01:57 PM
IMO theyre going to lose most of these battles

Judges do not want final wishes overturned in general.

I hope they are disinherited and barred from Bowlens estate. They come across as greedy ****ers.

NightTrainLayne
09-13-2019, 02:00 PM
If im the judge i would force Beth and company to actually provide medical documents showing that Pat was not of right mind when he signed the documents. Otherwise i would be throwing that shit out in a heartbeat.

I'm quite sure that Pat Bowlen's attorneys already covered this base in 2009. I doubt that there is any legitimate question that he had appropriate capacity at the time.

But it will take a long drawn-out process to fight it out in court.

Or. . ..they can give a small percentage of ownership to these two to settle it and get on with their lives.

I'm guessing the latter is what this is all about.

slim
09-13-2019, 02:16 PM
I'm quite sure that Pat Bowlen's attorneys already covered this base in 2009. I doubt that there is any legitimate question that he had appropriate capacity at the time.

But it will take a long drawn-out process to fight it out in court.

Or. . ..they can give a small percentage of ownership to these two to settle it and get on with their lives.

I'm guessing the latter is what this is all about.

My understanding is they are already in line to be minority owners, so I don't think it's about that.

This appears to be purely about greed and ego.

underrated29
09-13-2019, 02:21 PM
My understanding is they are already in line to be minority owners, so I don't think it's about that.

I was going to say I get their side of things. They were going to be in position to take over the company, until their dad married a new woman and had new kids. Now those new kids are going to take over the company and force the original kids out. I would be pissed too.

However, after reading that they would also be minority owners then yes, they can take a hike.

slim
09-13-2019, 02:28 PM
I was going to say I get their side of things. They were going to be in position to take over the company, until their dad married a new woman and had new kids. Now those new kids are going to take over the company and force the original kids out. I would be pissed too.

However, after reading that they would also be minority owners then yes, they can take a hike.

They have every right to be upset about it, but dishonoring their dad's dying wishes in this manner is despicable IMO.

**** those bitches.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2019, 02:58 PM
Article was updated. I think this is what was added:

Dan Reilly, the trustees’ attorney, said the the complaint “represents the latest effort in their public campaign to circumvent Pat Bowlen’s wishes.

“It is sad and unfortunate that Beth Bowlen Wallace and Amie Bowlen Klemmer have elected to contest their father’s plan and attack his personal health,” Reilly said in a statement. “The evidence in the courtroom will show Pat Bowlen was fully capable of establishing and understanding his trust and estate plan when it was created in 2009. Mses. Wallace and Klemmer’s current position about their father’s supposed mental incapacity in 2009 was not raised until after 2014, when Ms. Wallace was privately told by the trustees that she was not capable or qualified to serve as controlling owner.

“The trustees will continue to follow Pat Bowlen’s plan to oversee and protect the team, the entire Bowlen family, and Broncos fans everywhere.”

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/09/13/broncos-ownership-dispute-beth-bowlen-wallace-amie-klemmer/

AND

In a response to a lawsuit filed by Bill Bowlen, Pat’s younger brother, against the trustees of the Pat Bowlen Trust, the trustees stated the Broncos’ owner was officially diagnosed with Alzheimer’s in the final months of 2013, or going on six years ago.

full article - https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/never-before-told-stories-about-pat-bowlen-from-those-who-know-him-best-his-children/73-6fd11369-2d52-422d-9c1a-5ec1ad910ee5

Officially diagnosed with Alzheimers in the final months of 2013. Trust done in 2009.

Northman
09-13-2019, 03:05 PM
Article was updated. I think this is what was added:

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/09/13/broncos-ownership-dispute-beth-bowlen-wallace-amie-klemmer/

AND

full article - https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/never-before-told-stories-about-pat-bowlen-from-those-who-know-him-best-his-children/73-6fd11369-2d52-422d-9c1a-5ec1ad910ee5

Officially diagnosed with Alzheimers in the final months of 2013. Trust done in 2009.

That would be cased closed in my book.

GEM
09-13-2019, 03:08 PM
So he set up the trust prior to getting sick to avoid just this kind of shit and the 2 oldest decide to shit on what he wanted and do what they wanted and using his illness as their excuse? Pretty disgusting people. Times like this, I'm glad I'm not rich, it makes people really ******* ugly.

wayninja
09-13-2019, 03:14 PM
This is why you just write in a "thunderdome survivor" clause into your will if you have multiple children. Simple.

Cugel
09-13-2019, 03:34 PM
I haven't been following too closely. Anybody got cliffs on the story?

Pat Bowlen's latest wife moved to make sure her daughter (Brittany) not the children by his first wife inherited control over the Broncos.

Dissed first wife children sue to put aside the Trust Agreement, even though they could be disinherited if they lose.

It's all stupid because all the heirs share in the proceeds of income from the Broncos. The controlling owner will get to sit in the owners' box, and get to decide policy for the team, and will get income from that, but all of them are stinking rich.

Typical "spoiled entitled children of billionaire, all of whom have way more money than they can ever spend in a lifetime squabble over control of his multi-billion $ fortune rather than just sharing the wealth" story.

Happens all the time. The richer people get the worse they behave. :tsk:

Cugel
09-13-2019, 03:52 PM
This is why you just write in a "thunderdome survivor" clause into your will if you have multiple children. Simple.

That will not at all protect the assets of the estate from being squandered in litigation normally -- at least in a case where $Billions are not at state and the costs of litigation are not insubstantial compared with the assets. Because the trust defends itself with $400 an hour lawyers and often the Trust assets are depleted regardless of who wins.

A judge I clerked for gave me this book:

Caption: "At last we have managed to obtain a partition of the property!"
"Just in time too, the case has ruined both of them." -- Honore Daumier, Lawyers and Justice -- 1848.

Tned
09-13-2019, 04:05 PM

Yes, my understanding as well. The person the trust selects will be the controlling owner, but I don't think there is any difference in terms of the share of ownership for each child.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2019, 04:26 PM
Pat Bowlen's latest wife moved to make sure her daughter (Brittany) not the children by his first wife inherited control over the Broncos.

Dissed first wife children sue to put aside the Trust Agreement, even though they could be disinherited if they lose.

It's all stupid because all the heirs share in the proceeds of income from the Broncos. The controlling owner will get to sit in the owners' box, and get to decide policy for the team, and will get income from that, but all of them are stinking rich.

Typical "spoiled entitled children of billionaire, all of whom have way more money than they can ever spend in a lifetime squabble over control of his multi-billion $ fortune rather than just sharing the wealth" story.

Happens all the time. The richer people get the worse they behave. :tsk:

Where is there information that states Pat Bowlen's latest wife moved?

Jsteve01
09-13-2019, 06:41 PM
Previous article Carol on 9 news

Cugel
09-13-2019, 07:50 PM
Yes, my understanding as well. The person the trust selects will be the controlling owner, but I don't think there is any difference in terms of the share of ownership for each child.

It doesn't. It matters to us Broncos fans because we don't give a fig what the distributive share of the Trust is for each beneficiary, but only who controls the team and makes the decision to spend money and sign and fire the GM.

But, children of a deceased parent translate $ into the love of the parent they were denied. The children of the divorced spouse feel their father abandoned them and then favored his children by a second marriage over them. They feel dissed.

As a Trust and Estates lawyer I see this all the time.

It could have been handled a lot better by Pat Bowlen. He should have named his heir during his lifetime and not left it up to the trust and personally explained his choice directly to the heirs, except apparently, under the influence Annabel he preferred his children by his second wife rather than Beth and never made this explicit, leaving it in ambiguity.

But, he set up the trust language so that there were objective criteria for choosing an heir. Problem: Joe Ellis, his business partner knew what he wanted, and it wasn't for Beth to inherit. She basically met the criteria (business or law degree, 40 years old, etc.). But, the Trustees led by Ellis favored his younger children (probably according to Pat's wishes influenced by Annabel). But Brittany, the Trustee's choice was in her 20's which was too young under the terms of the Trust Agreement (from news reports).

I normally write special provisions into wills in cases of mixed-marriages with prior existing children because of this problem: the "Hansel and Gretel" syndrome. "Wicked step-mom" disinherits children by first spouse, in favor of her own, later born children after her husband, their father dies.

If Pat really wanted Brittany to become controlling owner he should have made that explicit in the Trust Agreement. Then Brittany would have been in control during his lifetime and the problem could have been avoided.

The whole thing is sad, multiplied by billionaire trust-fund babies with a strong sense of entitlement.

Fortunately for us, it probably won't matter. Beth is not too likely to succeed in her lawsuit and Brittany is probably several years away from being named controlling owner. So nothing here should affect the Broncos in the near term.

Cugel
09-13-2019, 07:55 PM
Where is there information that states Pat Bowlen's latest wife moved?

This is just so standard for 2nd marriages in trusts and estates law that I assumed, (based on reporting on 104.3 The Fan this AM) that's what happened. I doubt anybody is really talking, but Beth Bowlen is 40 and hasn't been arrested for anything, and apparently has the proper degrees, etc.

Why did the Trust dismiss her claim and call her "unqualified" and take the unusual step of keeping control over the team for so long rather than choosing an heir? Is Beth really unqualified or was Joe Ellis following Pat's orally expressed wishes that his younger children by his second wife should take precedence over those of his older, divorced spouse, despite the objective criteria of the Trust Agrement.

I don't know what the relationship was between them but it's normal for 1st marriage children to become estranged from their father after he divorces their mom. So, their relationship might not have been that close, IDK.

So, now they're arguing that he lacked testamentary capacity.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2019, 08:12 PM
Pat Bowlen the father

Bowlen had two families. He met his first wife, Sally Parker, while they were attending the University of Oklahoma in the 1960s. After he earned his law degree from OU in 1968, he and Sally moved to Edmonton, Alberta, where Pat became a wealthy lawyer while also helping to run his father Paul’s oil business.

He and Sally had two children, Amie and Beth, but the marriage split when the daughters were 3 and 2 years old. At that point, Sally and her two daughters moved to Hawaii. Dad soon followed and bought a second home nearby. It was roughly another 13 years or so before Pat and his second wife Annabel started their family with Patrick, followed by Johnny and three more daughters.

But for both families, Hawaii and all the islands and ocean offers was a huge part of the children’s upbringing.

“He was a young dad, but very hands-on," Amie said. “He co-parented. I remember he would pick us up on the weekends and we went to his house. My parents got along very well. It was like having two houses. We had two Easter egg hunts, two Christmases. We had a lot of fun with him."

He taught most of his kids how to swim and canoe surf. Canoe surfing is like surfing in that you ride the waves except in a canoe. There are two to four people in a canoe with the key person being the steersman.

“I thought he was trying to drown us," Amie said. “We would still be literally in floaties and he would take us out where I thought were tsunamis. We would flip the boat and Beth and I would be floating around like toys out in the ocean and he’d gather us up, put us back in the boat, and we’d go back out and do it again."

Amie said she was 16 or 17 years old when dad bought the Broncos. Beth is 16 months younger than Amie.

“My dad bought the team when I was a teenager, so he wasn’t all consumed through the younger years of my life," Beth said. “He spent half the year in Hawaii which is where I lived so we spent quite a bit of time with him as, if you want to call it, a normal dad.

“When he bought the team, I didn’t notice much of a difference in his parenting. He balanced his life between going to Hawaii and canoe surfing and balanced his achievements in the triathlon and his marathons with his life with his family. But the Broncos were certainly a priority for him."

https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/never-before-told-stories-about-pat-bowlen-from-those-who-know-him-best-his-children/73-6fd11369-2d52-422d-9c1a-5ec1ad910ee5

Better to read than assume

ALSO, just maybe Mr. B stated in his trust that he wanted Brittany to replace him. That has been what has been suggested on radio sports talk, in newspaper articles, etc.

Timmy!
09-13-2019, 08:21 PM
That will not at all protect the assets of the estate from being squandered in litigation normally -- at least in a case where $Billions are not at state and the costs of litigation are not insubstantial compared with the assets. Because the trust defends itself with $400 an hour lawyers and often the Trust assets are depleted regardless of who wins.

A judge I clerked for gave me this book:

Caption: "At last we have managed to obtain a partition of the property!"
"Just in time too, the case has ruined both of them." -- Honore Daumier, Lawyers and Justice -- 1848.

https://media.tenor.com/images/52da89c921b1cec32f820708d999d8de/tenor.gif

FanInAZ
09-13-2019, 11:33 PM
I know enough about Alzheimer’s to know that its degenerative and it may take years before it completely robs an individual of their competency to make their own decisions. Pat Bowlen obviously had enough money to where it wouldn’t have caused him any financial difficulties to have annual checkups, so there’s no reason that his condition couldn’t have been diagnosed in its earliest stage. Its therefore within the realm of possibility that he may have still been competent to make his own decisions for serval years after he publicly disclosed his diagnosis.

However, I also know that human beings can be in complete denial about issues of this nature and refused to have annual checkups. My mom has been saying that my stepdad has been developing dementia for the last 8-10 years, but he refuses to go to a doctor for checkups, let alone testing for this specific issue. Its therefore within the realm of possibility that Pat Bowlen could have been dealing with this for years before he deteriorated to the point that he could no longer downplay his struggles.

So, can the sisters produce evidence that he was incompetent to redo the will in 2009? Maybe, but why didn’t they produce the evidence back in 2009 instead of waiting until the trust wasn’t letting them have their way as soon as they wanted it?

Tned
09-13-2019, 11:38 PM
It doesn't. It matters to us Broncos fans because we don't give a fig what the distributive share of the Trust is for each beneficiary, but only who controls the team and makes the decision to spend money and sign and fire the GM.

But, children of a deceased parent translate $ into the love of the parent they were denied. The children of the divorced spouse feel their father abandoned them and then favored his children by a second marriage over them. They feel dissed.

As a Trust and Estates lawyer I see this all the time.

It could have been handled a lot better by Pat Bowlen. He should have named his heir during his lifetime and not left it up to the trust and personally explained his choice directly to the heirs, except apparently, under the influence Annabel he preferred his children by his second wife rather than Beth and never made this explicit, leaving it in ambiguity.

But, he set up the trust language so that there were objective criteria for choosing an heir. Problem: Joe Ellis, his business partner knew what he wanted, and it wasn't for Beth to inherit. She basically met the criteria (business or law degree, 40 years old, etc.). But, the Trustees led by Ellis favored his younger children (probably according to Pat's wishes influenced by Annabel). But Brittany, the Trustee's choice was in her 20's which was too young under the terms of the Trust Agreement (from news reports).

I normally write special provisions into wills in cases of mixed-marriages with prior existing children because of this problem: the "Hansel and Gretel" syndrome. "Wicked step-mom" disinherits children by first spouse, in favor of her own, later born children after her husband, their father dies.

If Pat really wanted Brittany to become controlling owner he should have made that explicit in the Trust Agreement. Then Brittany would have been in control during his lifetime and the problem could have been avoided.

The whole thing is sad, multiplied by billionaire trust-fund babies with a strong sense of entitlement.

Fortunately for us, it probably won't matter. Beth is not too likely to succeed in her lawsuit and Brittany is probably several years away from being named controlling owner. So nothing here should affect the Broncos in the near term.

The problem is that Beth, based on what we know about the criteria, isn't qualified. Beth has run a wedding/event planning site and did some small project, community outreach. Brittany, did a two year developmental stint at the NFL league office, plus in her time with the Broncos didn't work on fluff stuff, but worked on things like preparing a proposal to bring the Super Bowl to Denver. Since then, she's been completing her MBA (I believe) and working at a consulting firm to get an even more well rounded business background.

Even without knowing the exact criteria laid out by the Bowlen Trust, by any objective standard, Beth is not the kind of business owner you want running a $2 billion NFL franchise (or any other large business).

Do we know what conversations Pat had with his children? Do you know he didn't discuss the stipulation of the Trust, or is that just an assumption?

I agree that it's unlikely that Beth will succeed. If she does succeed in invalidating the trust, I think there is a good chance the NFL (or majority of kids) forces the Broncos to be sold, as they will be left with no controlling owner, and for many of the kids, they would probably prefer their share of a $2.7 billion Broncos sale. That might very well be Beth's end game.

Tned
09-13-2019, 11:43 PM
I know enough about Alzheimer’s to know that its degenerative and it may take years before it completely robs an individual of their competency to make their own decisions. Pat Bowlen obviously had enough money to where it wouldn’t have caused him any financial difficulties to have annual checkups, so there’s no reason that his condition couldn’t have been diagnosed in its earliest stage. Its therefore within the realm of possibility that he may have still been competent to make his own decisions for serval years after he publicly disclosed his diagnosis.

However, I also know that human beings can be in complete denial about issues of this nature and refused to have annual checkups. My mom has been saying that my stepdad has been developing dementia for the last 8-10 years, but he refuses to go to a doctor for checkups, let alone testing for this specific issue. Its therefore within the realm of possibility that Pat Bowlen could have been dealing with this for years before he deteriorated to the point that he could no longer downplay his struggles.

So, can the sisters produce evidence that he was incompetent to redo the will in 2009? Maybe, but why didn’t they produce the evidence back in 2009 instead of waiting until the trust wasn’t letting them have their way as soon as they wanted it?

Also, due to the very slow onset of the disease, you aren't mentally incompetent to the point of not being able to execute a will, just because you are in the early stages of the disease. The reason it's so hard to diagnose, is because it isn't immediately debilitating. Reagan likely was in the early stages of Alzheimers when he was President, and he was very effective.

elsid13
09-14-2019, 05:56 AM
Also, due to the very slow onset of the disease, you aren't mentally incompetent to the point of not being able to execute a will, just because you are in the early stages of the disease. The reason it's so hard to diagnose, is because it isn't immediately debilitating. Reagan likely was in the early stages of Alzheimers when he was President, and he was very effective.

Reagan had a full staff behind him to help steer policy decisions and prevent something bad happening. Bowlen had Joe Ellis advising him. There is good chance that Bowlen was not at 100% but was operational. Remember Cutler had stated Bowlen had talked with him on certain team actions that Bowlen later said he didn’t.

I think Joe Ellis and trust needs to go and their oversight of the franchise sucks. At the point I am for selling the team to a stable owner with resources vs the Bowlen family. All of which don’t impress me.

Shazam!
09-14-2019, 06:12 AM
...At the point I am for selling the team to a stable owner with resources vs the Bowlen family. All of which don’t impress me.

Be careful what you wish for. Because then Denver may become like the Bengals or the NYJ, a team more interested in selling tickets than actually winning.

elsid13
09-14-2019, 06:19 AM
Be careful what you wish for. Because then Denver may become like the Bengals or the NYJ, a team more interested in selling tickets than actually winning.

There is no indication that any of Bowlen family won’t be like that. Especial since the majority of money will come from the team. This franchise has chance to become a Mike Brown lead team with any of the kids and Joe Ellis advising them.

John Henry who owns the Red Sox, NASCAR team and Liverpool would be great owner if could get him.

Shazam!
09-14-2019, 06:32 AM

There is no indication that any of Bowlen family won’t be like that. Especial since the majority of money will come from the team. This franchise has chance to become a Mike Brown lead team with any of the kids and Joe Ellis advising them.

John Henry who owns the Red Sox, NASCAR team and Liverpool would be great owner if could get him.

I have a 'little' confidence in Brittany.

elsid13
09-14-2019, 06:44 AM
I have a 'little' confidence in Brittany.

she proved nothing to show that she is ready to lead $3B organization.

Shazam!
09-14-2019, 07:06 AM
https://www.denverpost.com/2019/08/04/brittany-bowlen-broncos-owner-heir-apparent/

elsid13
09-14-2019, 07:17 AM
https://www.denverpost.com/2019/08/04/brittany-bowlen-broncos-owner-heir-apparent/

Read it and still not impressed. She is the fastest fat kid of the family being chased by the bear. The son was leader of the pack (indication were he was the favored to get it), until his DWIs.

Shazam!
09-14-2019, 08:12 AM
I don't think there wpuld be anyone the fan base would be happy with, not even If it was Elway.

Tned
09-14-2019, 03:51 PM
Reagan had a full staff behind him to help steer policy decisions and prevent something bad happening. Bowlen had Joe Ellis advising him. There is good chance that Bowlen was not at 100% but was operational. Remember Cutler had stated Bowlen had talked with him on certain team actions that Bowlen later said he didn’t.

I think Joe Ellis and trust needs to go and their oversight of the franchise sucks. At the point I am for selling the team to a stable owner with resources vs the Bowlen family. All of which don’t impress me.

The team has been to two SBs and won one under Joe Ellis. How many teams have been to two and won one during that span?

Simple Jaded
09-14-2019, 09:44 PM

100%

This reeked to high heaven from the get-go.

Simple Jaded
09-14-2019, 09:46 PM

Why can’t you do links?

dogfish
09-15-2019, 12:48 AM
Why can’t you do links?

because he's a karen, and karens can't be bothered with menial peasant shit like links. . .

oh hey. . . . . . .

didn't YOU used to be link???!

shazam has no use for you, at all!!

:lol:

Simple Jaded
09-15-2019, 02:22 AM
because he's a karen, and karens can't be bothered with menial peasant shit like links. . .

oh hey. . . . . . .

didn't YOU used to be link???!

shazam has no use for you, at all!!

:lol:

I used to be happy too, thanks Dog.

Poet
09-15-2019, 11:57 AM
Wait...Jaded was Link?

Simple Jaded
09-16-2019, 01:15 AM
Wait...Jaded was Link?

And stnzed.

Poet
09-16-2019, 11:29 AM
And stnzed.

You were my enemy for so many years.

But now you are my BROTHER!!!!!!!

Simple Jaded
09-19-2019, 10:50 PM
You were my enemy for so many years.

But now you are my BROTHER!!!!!!!

I was never your enemy, you just hated me. I have that affect/effect on people that don’t agree with me.

We’ve grown.

Poet
09-19-2019, 11:14 PM
I love you, Jaded. You're one of my best friends.

Tned
09-20-2019, 01:00 PM
I wonder if the trust document has become public record either through this, or the previous, court case.

MOtorboat
10-10-2019, 01:57 PM
https://twitter.com/dmac1043/status/1182277611998728193?s=21

Denver Native (Carol)
10-10-2019, 02:39 PM
I really do not care for DMac - sometimes I think he just runs at the mouth without knowing the facts. In one of the pictures on the following, it shows the 4 Bowlen kids who were there, with Beth being one of them. If I remember, was it not the uncle who wanted Beth to be the one to run the team? If so, should Beth not have been the one to invite the uncle?

https://www.denverbroncos.com/photos/city-of-denver-proclaims-celebrates-pat-bowlen-day#64e69509-4ce8-4430-be5c-58b6dd3a7b71

MOtorboat
10-10-2019, 02:52 PM
DMac didn’t write that.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-10-2019, 03:27 PM
OK apologies to DMac. But one of those 4 could have invited the uncle.

GEM
10-11-2019, 04:33 PM
https://twitter.com/dmac1043/status/1182277611998728193?s=21

She got ripped on facebook for putting in Broncos Nation. A lot of people were saying if she doesn't even know it's Broncos Country, what does she really know about the fanbase and how does she expect them to get behind their cause when she doesn't know that. I noticed she changed it to Broncos Country.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-11-2019, 04:51 PM
She got ripped on facebook for putting in Broncos Nation. A lot of people were saying if she doesn't even know it's Broncos Country, what does she really know about the fanbase and how does she expect them to get behind their cause when she doesn't know that. I noticed she changed it to Broncos Country.

GEM, start from the beginning - who is she? Thanks

Hawgdriver
10-11-2019, 09:05 PM

Who was 'she'? Beth or Brittany?

Hawgdriver
10-11-2019, 09:05 PM

haha oops, figured I'd be the only one the ask the 'stupid' question.

dogfish
10-11-2019, 09:50 PM
I used to be happy too, thanks Dog.

oops. . . my bad. . .

GEM
10-11-2019, 11:07 PM

Julie Bowlen, who is apparently Pat's niece. That tweet Mo posted started as a Facebook post. Where it says Broncos Country now, she originally posted Broncos Nation. She took alot of hell for it and apparently corrected it. People were questioning just how much they are interested in the team and fanbase if she didn't even know that it offends Broncos fans to be called nation like the raiders.

FanInAZ
10-11-2019, 11:09 PM
Julie Bowlen, who is apparently Pat's niece.

Oh great, just what we need, someone else is joining the fray :tsk:

GEM
10-11-2019, 11:22 PM
I'm at the point of sell the team, NONE of the kids are Pat and this will go on forever. With such a mess at the top, it's of no surprise the team is 1-4. I don't see a single kid who could run the team well with the constant outside interference. Cash all the money hungry peeps out. What made Bowlen so special as an owner didn't get passed down to any of them and died the day Pat stepped down.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-12-2019, 09:27 AM
Thanks GEM found this -

From Julie Bowlen's Facebook

https://www.reddit.com/r/DenverBroncos/comments/dg1je7/from_julie_bowlens_facebook/

elsid13
10-12-2019, 11:36 AM
I'm at the point of sell the team, NONE of the kids are Pat and this will go on forever. With such a mess at the top, it's of no surprise the team is 1-4. I don't see a single kid who could run the team well with the constant outside interference. Cash all the money hungry peeps out. What made Bowlen so special as an owner didn't get passed down to any of them and died the day Pat stepped down.

Well it looks like Slim's dream of pimping Dave and Mo out to raise the capital to buy the team is about to get the green light.

Valar Morghulis
10-12-2019, 11:45 AM
Well it looks like Slim's dream of pimping Dave and Mo out to raise the capital to buy the team is about to get the green light.

That's also my dream

underrated29
10-12-2019, 11:49 AM
Lets all ban together and buy the team. We really only need pags and vettes plus. Really just pags. His wife can mow the field. What do you say, shall we all team up, pool together and RIDE!

FanInAZ
10-13-2019, 04:18 AM
Lets all ban together and buy the team. We really only need pags and vettes plus. Really just pags. His wife can mow the field. What do you say, shall we all team up, pool together and RIDE!

GEM for GM so because I want to see her response to 1 of these cry baby :Cry: saying that he's "being disrespected" because he's being offered "only" $15M per year :mad2: