PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Season Predictions!

Cugel
09-05-2019, 10:42 AM
Since I haven't seen a polling question on how you expect the Broncos season to go, I posted a poll here. Not how you HOPE the season will go, or how good you feel about the coaching changes, but the "gun to your head" prediction. What is the regular season Broncos record in 2019?

SR
09-05-2019, 10:54 AM
I think 8-8 is a reasonable expectation. The defense will carry this team and keep the team in most games, but I don't expect the offense to perform adequately enough to supplement the defense and win games on it's own. The offense has enough weapons to be dangerous. Flacco will be fine. The WR corps is good enough especially if Sutton comes on. Tim Patrick is going to have a good year. Lindsay and Royce will be as good as the offensive line allows. Fant will be a stud. But the success of the offense will ride on the offensive line's ability to protect Flacco and open running lanes and I think we can all agree that the outlook on that is not bright.

Hawgdriver
09-05-2019, 11:11 AM
Right this moment? I'd say a 5-6 win club. This is gun to the head vegas money prediction.

Why?

Flacco, Bolles, and new OC. New HC doesn't help, but the new OC is my main concern. This could change dramatically after week 1, but right now I have no evidence this team will be able to generate early leads...and definitely not late leads.

ILB and up the middle seem soft on the personnel side. Getting behind on the scoreboard takes away the stellar pass defense and puts the screws to Davis (if healthy) and Jewell. Puts pressure on Bolles.

If the offense out the gate in game 1 is clicking, I take it all back. Then I see a 10 win team barring injuries.

I have a good feeling about the team and hope that Scangk and Flacco make me look dumb.

NightTrainLayne
09-05-2019, 11:21 AM
Right this moment? I'd say a 5-6 win club. This is gun to the head vegas money prediction.

Why?

Flacco, Bolles, and new OC. New HC doesn't help, but the new OC is my main concern. This could change dramatically after week 1, but right now I have no evidence this team will be able to generate early leads...and definitely not late leads.

ILB and up the middle seem soft on the personnel side. Getting behind on the scoreboard takes away the stellar pass defense and puts the screws to Davis (if healthy) and Jewell. Puts pressure on Bolles.

If the offense out the gate in game 1 is clicking, I take it all back. Then I see a 10 win team barring injuries.

I have a good feeling about the team and hope that Scangk and Flacco make me look dumb.

:tsk:

Hawgdriver
09-05-2019, 11:37 AM
:tsk:

Ask me again on Monday!!

BroncoJoe
09-05-2019, 11:42 AM
Ask me again on Monday!!

You mean Tuesday?

Anyway, it's kind of silly to have a poll like this before our first game. The 1st teamers haven't played much at all in the preseason, so I'm anxious to see what they've been working on.

I believe we'll be better than 8-8. Not 12-4 either. Somewhere inbetween.

underrated29
09-05-2019, 11:48 AM
Gun to my head, 9wins.

I think we are 10 wins though.

I do not trust Scangs. That is my problem with this team I do not trust him. I think flacco is average and the run game has me concerned. If they get the run game going 10+ wins. If we do not or if Scangs isn't up to task (I have a feeling he is not) then 9 wins. I think our defense alone wins us 6 and Vic Fangio effect is good for 2. That just leaves us 1 win that we pulled off we shouldn't have. We had a bunch of those go the other way the last few years. I think our luck changes this year.

NightTrainLayne
09-05-2019, 11:55 AM
My bold prediction: Scangerello is the going to be the new wunderkind OC. We'll be lucky to hold onto him for a few years. Hopefully, Fangio/Elway et al are grooming someone behind him in the same system.

slim
09-05-2019, 12:05 PM
9-7. Maybe 10-6 if we catch a few breaks along the way.

Tned
09-05-2019, 12:25 PM
I think this defense has the chance to be special. I doubt they will be one of the best in history, like in '15, but they should be top 10 for sure, possibly top five, and I would be surprised if top 3 in the league. On paper, and I know that's dangerous, they have a lot of talent, and the front five looks likely to be able to develop enough pressure that the ILBs can focus on middle mop up and allow safeties to play deep, which I understand is what Fangio likes. Again, will it translate on paper? Who knows, but outside of ILBs, the defensive starters are range from good to elite.

On offense, it will come down to injuries and O-line. If the oline can be reasonably good, and on paper they are improved (but I've fallen for this paper before), when you combine Flaccos experience, with a lot of good skilled players around him, there is no reason to believe this can't be a top 15-18 type offense (with high upside -- there is a lot of play making talent at RB, WR and TE) that likely won't need to score a lot with a good, possibly dominant, defense.

I think people are underestimating the Broncos and while I wasn't initially impressed with the Flacco signing, in hindsight, I think that's exactly what they needed and he should be a good fit for the new (old) run first, play action offense.

I chose 11 wins, but I could easily see it being 12 or 13. I think the playoffs are likely, and I'm feeling fairly good about the $100 I laid at 80:1.

Poet
09-05-2019, 01:05 PM
Ten wins. I would have picked more had if I believed in our depth. The biggest questions are on offense, but what else is new? It is what it is. I think Flacco will be average - he will throw some picks that will just make you mad, but some of the throws he can hit will make up for it. I believe in our RB's. I believe the scheme will help the running game and blocking. I think TE's will continue to haunt us as we continue to have a void there, at least for the moment.

However, we have the best and most talented pass rusher duo in the league. I actually like our DL depth, and our secondary should be improved. If you have a great pass rush, and good coverage guys, you can get by with weakness at ILB.

Let's see how it plays out, but I like the team's chances to hit double digit wins.

OrangeHoof
09-05-2019, 01:30 PM
It depends on what week Fucco goes on the DL since Lock won't be ready and there are no other viable QBs on the roster. I voted 6-10 because I'm guessing Fucco goes down somewhere around Halloween. But, then, I'm an optimist.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-05-2019, 01:51 PM
I said 10-6. I have a lot of faith in Fangio and La Famiglia. I think they can will this team to 10-6 and if not, they can bring a lot of pain and scare this team to 10-6.

Canmore
09-05-2019, 01:55 PM
Gun to my head...7-9.

Davii
09-05-2019, 02:46 PM
It depends on what week Fucco goes on the DL since Lock won't be ready and there are no other viable QBs on the roster. I voted 6-10 because I'm guessing Fucco goes down somewhere around Halloween. But, then, I'm an optimist.

Flacco won't play Defensive Line. He's a QB.

wayninja
09-05-2019, 03:30 PM
I'm in the 6-7 win range. I went with 7.

Shazam!
09-05-2019, 03:31 PM
If they have another VJ-like yearcim gonna be pissed

Cugel
09-05-2019, 07:42 PM
I went with 7-9 because I have no faith in Joe Flacco and the OL.

The new coaching staff taking time to get things organized in their first season. Garrett Bolles still gets holding penalties at twice the rate of any other LT in the NFL.

RT could also be a problem. Risner is still a (promising) rookie and Connor McGovern is untried.

The WRs other than Sanders are "promising" but have yet to do anything.TE is a weakness since Jake Butt is on IR again, and Noah Fant is a raw rookie. Give us a 2nd or 3rd year Noah Fant and this team might have a really good offense (or if Butt ever is healthy for a season). Probably not game 1 of his career though. And how long before Jeff Heurman is back on IR again.

I think the Broncos are going to be a top 10 defense, but they still have a weakness at ILB covering TEs. And if the offense can't score the Broncos defense can't play with the lead.

So, that ferocious pass-rush may be neutralized since teams will simply do what the Patriots did last year, play the most vanilla risk-free game possible under the theory "we may only score 13 points, but your offense won't be able to match that and we win 13-6 or something."

Really everything depends on Joe Flacco, because you can stuff the run by putting 8 or 9 men in the box -- IF their QB can't make you pay by throwing over the top.

And I just shake my head because depending on Joe Flacco. . . . .

Elevation inc
09-06-2019, 12:52 AM
I think 9 wins is the most realistic, we could even slide into a wild card at 9-7, but more then likely were improved and over .500 but not a playoff team, I don't have confidence in Flacco, never had, but I do think Offensive play calling, run game, and our elite defense will win some games we didn't think we would. I just don't think Flacco is good enough anymore to get us back to the playoffs. Then again we went to a SB because of our secondary and Pass rush with Peyton avg like 3 int's per game prior to brock and CJ saving our ass in the NE game :lol:. so I could certainly see a scenario where our defense goes crazy in some big games and we make the playoffs.

Hawgdriver
09-06-2019, 01:20 AM
For me the big unknowns are the new OC, Jewell, and Flacco. If the new OC is able to approximate Kyle Shanahan and Jewell becomes the next Fangio archetype, it's a playoff team. Assuming Flacco and Scangarello click right away, first new offense growing pains are minimal, and homeboy wants greatness.

MOtorboat
09-06-2019, 02:21 AM
I’ll take 9-7. Not sure the NFC North will be as tough as I imagined. I still think the AFC West is a really tough division, and I think KC is two losses which makes those other four games really important.

Magnificent Seven
09-06-2019, 02:49 AM
One game at a time. I am not worried about another games. Just focus on 1 game. Go Broncos!

Tned
09-06-2019, 07:16 AM
So many unknowns, but this is how I come up with my 11 wins.

@Oak - Win
CHI - Win
@GB - Loss
Jax - Win
@LAC - Loss
Ten - Win
KC - Loss
@Indy - Win
CLE - Win
@MIN - Loss
@BUF - Win
LAC - Win
@HOU - Win
@KC - Loss
DET - Win
OAK - Win

I figure beat OAK twice, and while I think it's likely that the Broncos split with KC/LAC, I don't think they are going to go 8-0 at home, so I throw in a home loss to KC, because I think KC is going to be tough.

There will undoubtedly games the Broncos will lose by surprise, like maybe Ten at home, but they could also go into MIN and win.

So, I think this feels about right to me if the defense plays the way I expect. It could also turn into a 13 win Cinderella season, or a frustrating 9 win season, but, my money is on 11 wins +/- 2.

Cugel
09-06-2019, 09:33 AM
because of our secondary and Pass rush with Peyton avg like 3 int's per game prior to brock and CJ saving our ass in the NE game :lol:. so I could certainly see a scenario where our defense goes crazy in some big games and we make the playoffs.

That can certainly happen. But, there's usually about 1 team every 10 years that wins a SB with virtually no offense, and historically great defense. The '85 Bears (Jim McMahon), 2000 Ravens (Trent Dilfer), 2002 Bucs (Brad Johnson), and 2015 Broncos (Ghost of Peyton Manning). It just doesn't happen very often.

And it's never happened twice to the same team, so there is almost no chance the Broncos can repeat their 2015 success where everything seemed to bounce their way - like the Jamaal Charles fumble in KC when they were just about to run out the clock and go to overtime, or the defense stuffing the Browns after Peyton threw a pick on the Denver 40 in overtime (after throwing a pick six in the first half).

The offense is going to have to be better since the defense cannot be as good as 2015. But, you're right that given a mediocre (not ter-bysmal) offense they could make the playoffs with this defense (if Denver's defense plays anything like the Bears defense last night).

Shazam!
09-06-2019, 10:56 AM
The GB game seems winnable now if the D can smash Rodgers like 15

Cugel
09-06-2019, 03:21 PM
The GB game seems winnable now if the D can smash Rodgers like 15

Well, GB's offense certainly didn't look like the 2013 Peyton offense last night! So, I'd say that Denver's defense should have similar success against them as Chicago's did.

The problem will be that Joe Flacco is just not remotely Aaron Rogers, so Denver's offense might not be as good.

slim
09-06-2019, 03:38 PM
GB's offense is going to look a lot better by week three.

You guys are forgetting that the first two weeks of the NFL season are now a joke....mainly because nobody plays in the preseason.

OrangeHoof
09-06-2019, 03:48 PM
Flacco won't play Defensive Line. He's a QB.

Oh, sorry. I meant the IR. Why isn't there uniformity among the major sports on how they list players put on injury disability?

Northman
09-06-2019, 03:51 PM
Being realistic, 8-8 although hoping that the team proves its better than it really is.

Davii
09-08-2019, 11:54 AM
I’ll take 9-7. Not sure the NFC North will be as tough as I imagined. I still think the AFC West is a really tough division, and I think KC is two losses which makes those other four games really important.

I'm not so sure KC is two losses. I think this D will bring it to them at least once and split.

Poet
09-08-2019, 11:56 AM
**** it - put me down for 11 wins. Who needs depth when you have super human gods?!?!

The NFL has never had a lower quality of play from offensive lines - what is considered a good o-line would have been an average one even five seasons ago.

Von-Chubb will be giving them this work!

Simple Jaded
09-08-2019, 11:53 PM
Why do people think this team is average?

They fired VJ for 6-10 with shit-on-a-stick for QB’s, how can anybody reasonably let them off easy with a .500-ish record?

The Broncos themselves had to believe they’re much better than 6-10, that was before trading for a legitimate NFL starter at QB and addressing (most of) their biggest weaknesses.

Poet
09-09-2019, 12:46 AM

They fired VJ for 6-10 with shit-on-a-stick for QB’s, how can anybody reasonably let them off easy with a .500-ish record?

The Broncos themselves had to believe they’re much better than 6-10, that was before trading for a legitimate NFL starter at QB and addressing (most of) their biggest weaknesses.

Folks, this man's argument is the winner. Because when you trade for Flacco, you're saying that you're contending now. And given Elway's past comments about how he doesn't believe in total rebuilds (I paraphrase here) Jaded's argument is the logical conclusion of the franchise.

Jaded, you're still a dick, though.

Simple Jaded
09-09-2019, 12:54 AM
I’m smart.

Davii
09-09-2019, 08:37 AM
Folks, this man's argument is the winner. Because when you trade for Flacco, you're saying that you're contending now. And given Elway's past comments about how he doesn't believe in total rebuilds (I paraphrase here) Jaded's argument is the logical conclusion of the franchise.

Jaded, you're still a dick, though.

Elway still won't fire Fangio after his first year unless he looks wildly incompetent.

I'm already on record saying we're a playoff team, but to say an 8-8 record for a new coaching staff (after back to back losing seasons) is worthy of being canned is silly at best.

Poet
09-09-2019, 11:05 AM
Elway still won't fire Fangio after his first year unless he looks wildly incompetent.

I'm already on record saying we're a playoff team, but to say an 8-8 record for a new coaching staff (after back to back losing seasons) is worthy of being canned is silly at best.

Jaded loves hyperbole.

WARHORSE
09-09-2019, 12:38 PM
Jaded is just a little raw and.......jaded.....from last season. lol

I can understand the pundits lack of enthusiasm. Ever the optimist, I can definitely see why we could do well.

Notes:

1. Was it just me, or from day 1 did anyone else get the feeling (that never left) that Vance Joseph was in way over his head? I mean he's a great coach and a very nice man, and could be a head coach in the future perhaps but I just think it was too much for him. He often looked lost and overwhelmed on the sidelines....and if I see it.....the players see it. He's gone. Nothing against him....but thats a positive. Head coach sets the tone.
2. Look at the teams we lost to last year. We had an inept offense and yet we lost most games by small margins against good teams.
3. Would 21 pts per game be enough to win with this defense? Thats what we had last year.
4. If health stays on our side, this defense will be better than last years. Chubb btw is going to go beast mode....sorry Marshawn.
5. Is this offense better than last years? I think so. If so.....how many points will we average? 24? 27? I think that wins a ton of games with this d.
6. I actually think our TEs are . going to be a factor this year. Its about time. It think that helps our offense a ton. Especially in redzone.
7. Will Munchak make a difference with our Oline? I would hope so. Another positive.
8. Vic Fangio is a first year head coach that sure looks like a veteran. From what we are hearing....the players have bought in. I like what I see but more than that I like what I feel: Confident that wont be the issue.
9. This defense is going to be better than last years. Did I say that yet?
10. Offense and defense play off one another. Lets hope Flacco can help us have some long drives.
11. I believe Sutton and Hamilton will produce more this year. Not sure how much with Sutton but I think with Hamilton there will be a jump.
12. One key area of improvement I think will be turnovers. I believe Fangios defense gets more.
13. This team will be a mudder. We will have to win the endurance game. Ball control. Win the turnover margin. No penalties.

If Boles doesnt stop holding......:shocked:

Anyway, Im thinking 19 wins. Wouldnt be surprised if we got more. :coffee:

WARHORSE
09-09-2019, 12:38 PM
You didnt expect me to predict a loss did ya??? ;)

Cugel
09-09-2019, 02:47 PM

Vic Fangio is likely to be coaching the Broncos after Elway has left his job (his contract expires in a couple years). I could be wrong, but he looks like the kind of no-nonsense coach who will succeed. Even if he goes 8-8, it will be because Elways' crap drafting the last 5 years has left this team without any depth.

The starters are OK, but they are severely lacking in quality backups.

SR
09-09-2019, 02:50 PM

I like to live my life with an "under-promise, over-deliver" attitude. My attitude toward the Broncos this season follows that.

Simple Jaded
09-09-2019, 05:54 PM
Jaded loves hyperbole.

That’s the most insulting thing anyone has ever said about any person ever. I shall seal the windows ... and turn on the gas.

Davii
09-09-2019, 05:56 PM
That’s the most insulting thing anyone has ever said about any person ever. I shall seal the windows ... and turn on the gas.

Are you a smoker? I hope you're a smoker.

Just kidding. But seriously, do you like candles?

Simple Jaded
09-09-2019, 06:01 PM
Are you a smoker? I hope you're a smoker.

Just kidding. But seriously, do you like candles?

My wife owns stock in Yankee Candle, I prefer my own pheromones .

Ziggy
09-09-2019, 07:53 PM
The defense alone gets this team to 8-8. Improvement on in game adjustments, overall coaching, and offensive line adds another 3.

11-5. Wildcard.

This team was 6-10 last year with radio and Keenum. I think the absolute floor is 8-8 barring major injuries.

Elevation inc
09-09-2019, 11:09 PM
Anyone wanting to change there thoughts here now :lol::lol::lol:

Elevation inc
09-09-2019, 11:11 PM
Jesus our offense is killing us....same shit different shitty Qb....play calling to wtf...

underrated29
09-10-2019, 12:12 AM
If they dont get the defense fixed. This is a 5 win team....question is do we take herbert at 5?

wayninja
09-10-2019, 12:13 AM
Man I'm worried about my prediction now. 7 wins is feeling generous.

Elevation inc
09-10-2019, 12:50 AM
I was confident our defense and run game could get us to 9 wins....now I’m not so sure.....hopefully the tape shows how poor they played and we adjust, but I’m betting the coaches will say it was execution.....it’s not panic button yet....but we have 2 tough games and really could have used the momentum going into them.......

Davii
09-10-2019, 01:06 AM
Anyone wanting to change there thoughts here now :lol::lol::lol:

Nope.

Elevation inc
09-10-2019, 05:19 AM
Nope.

Don't yell at me Davii sheesshhh :lol:

Nomad
09-10-2019, 06:30 AM
Broncos will bounce back. 10-6.

BroncoJoe
09-10-2019, 06:56 AM
Very disappointing game. I actually hit the record button and went to bed after we settled for a FG on the first drive after the half.

I guess I'll (try to) watch the rest today. The only thing I'll note is that TD drop by DaeSean Hamilton on that drive. Ball was perfectly thrown, and the kid simply dropped it. That would have made the score 14-10.

underrated29
09-10-2019, 08:51 AM
Very disappointing game. I actually hit the record button and went to bed after we settled for a FG on the first drive after the half.

I guess I'll (try to) watch the rest today. The only thing I'll note is that TD drop by DaeSean Hamilton on that drive. Ball was perfectly thrown, and the kid simply dropped it. That would have made the score 14-10.

Ask Mo on which part of the body the ball hit him.

slim
09-10-2019, 09:04 AM
MO, which part of the body the ball hit him?

Northman
09-10-2019, 09:10 AM
I thought 8-8 was reasonable, im going to have to nix that and say we maybe win 2 games this year. We were already questionable but without a defense we are abysmal.

NightTerror218
09-10-2019, 10:04 AM
I thought 8-8 was reasonable, im going to have to nix that and say we maybe win 2 games this year. We were already questionable but without a defense we are abysmal.

Pass rush is useless if QB has the ball for 1 second before passing it or you pull up the reigns on Chubb and Miller and he has all the time in the world.

NightTrainLayne
09-10-2019, 11:14 AM
Well. . .9 wins looks overly generous now.

Now I feel like 4 wins is accurate based on what I saw last night. Let's be real. .. Oakland is not a very good team.

Hopefully, I'm wrong on the 4 wins in the other direction.

Mike
09-10-2019, 11:20 AM
Well. . .9 wins looks overly generous now.

Now I feel like 4 wins is accurate based on what I saw last night. Let's be real. .. Oakland is not a very good team.

Hopefully, I'm wrong on the 4 wins in the other direction.

Before the game, I was struggling to find 5 wins. Oakland was one of those 5. :(

BroncoJoe
09-10-2019, 11:25 AM
Eh. It was one game. The past two seasons, we started out 2-0. Only to lose a shit-ton of games following that terrific start.

I'll wait and see a few more games before throwing in the towel. There were some good things, considering the 1st team offense hardly played in preseason, which I thought was a huge mistake with all the new players and coaches. Dumb move, IMO.

MOtorboat
09-10-2019, 11:27 AM
MO, which part of the body the ball hit him?

Pass was behind him. Had to alter his running stride and turn his body. Still have to catch that and he knows that. I saw him answering questions last night. UR says it was a perfect pass.

BroncoJoe
09-10-2019, 11:29 AM
Pass was behind him. Had to alter his running stride and turn his body. Still have to catch that and he knows that. I saw him answering questions last night. UR says it was a perfect pass.

I can't find a video of it, but that ball went right through his hands and hit him in the chest.

It wasn't a badly thrown ball. At all.

BroncoWave
Looking at our schedule and how those teams looked in week 1, I'm just not seeing that many wins. Our next 8 games are brutal. Week 2 is massive for us. This is probably one of our more winnable early season games. If we lose this one, we're in a ton of trouble.

MOtorboat
Eh. It was one game. The past two seasons, we started out 2-0. Only to lose a shit-ton of games following that terrific start.

I'll wait and see a few more games before throwing in the towel. There were some good things, considering the 1st team offense hardly played in preseason, which I thought was a huge mistake with all the new players and coaches. Dumb move, IMO.

Next week is a good reset. Completely different offense and quarterback style. I hope to see some adjustments defensively. Bears defense is better on paper than Oakland’s though.

MOtorboat
09-10-2019, 11:30 AM
I can't find a video of it, but that ball went right through his hands and hit him in the chest.

It wasn't a badly thrown ball. At all.

I didn’t say it was badly thrown. It was behind him. That’s it. It’s not the quarterback’s fault he dropped it. It also wasn’t the perfect pass UR is claiming it to be.

underrated29
09-10-2019, 12:13 PM

So which part of the body is that in your post?

MOtorboat
09-10-2019, 12:17 PM
So which part of the body is that in your post?

It hit him in the chest. He should have caught it. But let’s do this again, the ball was not thrown where it should be on a slant. If the ball hits the backside of the receiver’s body on a slant, it’s not where it should be. That doesn’t absolve Hamilton from not catching it, it just wasn’t a perfect pass as you asserted.

underrated29
09-10-2019, 12:18 PM
I didn’t say it was badly thrown. It was behind him. That’s it. It’s not the quarterback’s fault he dropped it. It also wasn’t the perfect pass UR is claiming it to be.

The ball hit the WR in the chest. IN THE CHEST. How can it not be a perfectly thrown pass if it hit the guy off the center mass?!?!?!

It was a 15 yard laser that 100% UNEQUIVOCALLY UNDENIABLY CLEAR AS DAY BOUNCED OFF OF NOTHING OTHER THAN THE PLAYERS RIGHT PECTORAL. Nothing else.

You could say the pass that Sutton dropped and Hamilton caught for a first down was not a perfect pass. It still ended up being a completion for a first but was not perfect. The pass Hamilton dropped hit him in the chest. The motherfreaking chest! And ONLY the chest. Desean is not a huge guy. His chest is not that big. For him to turn in any direction only makes his chest smaller.

MOtorboat
09-10-2019, 12:21 PM
https://twitter.com/ftbeard_17/status/1171278400863920128?s=21

Where it should be thrown in green. Where it was thrown in red. You can see Hamilton having to slow down to catch it. Not a perfect pass. Still should have been caught.

WARHORSE
09-10-2019, 12:25 PM
Jaded is just a little raw and.......jaded.....from last season. lol

I can understand the pundits lack of enthusiasm. Ever the optimist, I can definitely see why we could do well.

Notes:

1. Was it just me, or from day 1 did anyone else get the feeling (that never left) that Vance Joseph was in way over his head? I mean he's a great coach and a very nice man, and could be a head coach in the future perhaps but I just think it was too much for him. He often looked lost and overwhelmed on the sidelines....and if I see it.....the players see it. He's gone. Nothing against him....but thats a positive. Head coach sets the tone.
2. Look at the teams we lost to last year. We had an inept offense and yet we lost most games by small margins against good teams.
3. Would 21 pts per game be enough to win with this defense? Thats what we had last year.
4. If health stays on our side, this defense will be better than last years. Chubb btw is going to go beast mode....sorry Marshawn.
5. Is this offense better than last years? I think so. If so.....how many points will we average? 24? 27? I think that wins a ton of games with this d.
6. I actually think our TEs are . going to be a factor this year. Its about time. It think that helps our offense a ton. Especially in redzone.
7. Will Munchak make a difference with our Oline? I would hope so. Another positive.
8. Vic Fangio is a first year head coach that sure looks like a veteran. From what we are hearing....the players have bought in. I like what I see but more than that I like what I feel: Confident that wont be the issue.
9. This defense is going to be better than last years. Did I say that yet?
10. Offense and defense play off one another. Lets hope Flacco can help us have some long drives.
11. I believe Sutton and Hamilton will produce more this year. Not sure how much with Sutton but I think with Hamilton there will be a jump.
12. One key area of improvement I think will be turnovers. I believe Fangios defense gets more.
13. This team will be a mudder. We will have to win the endurance game. Ball control. Win the turnover margin. No penalties.

If Boles doesnt stop holding......:shocked:

Anyway, Im thinking 19 wins. Wouldnt be surprised if we got more. :coffee:

Errr...........never mind. -_-

SR
09-10-2019, 12:34 PM
https://twitter.com/ftbeard_17/status/1171278400863920128?s=21

Where it should be thrown in green. Where it was thrown in red. You can see Hamilton having to slow down to catch it. Not a perfect pass. Still should have been caught.

I have no issue with the pass placement. Burfict was in the middle of the field and the safety was moving toward Hamilton. Flacco did a good job of slowing Hamilton down and using his pass to put Hamilton in the best position to make the catch.

NightTrainLayne
09-10-2019, 12:36 PM
It was a fine throw. Should have been caught.

Northman
09-10-2019, 03:10 PM
It hit him in the chest. He should have caught it. But let’s do this again, the ball was not thrown where it should be on a slant. If the ball hits the backside of the receiver’s body on a slant, it’s not where it should be. That doesn’t absolve Hamilton from not catching it, it just wasn’t a perfect pass as you asserted.

I cant really remember the route leading up to it. Was it actually supposed to be a slant or a button hook?

MOtorboat
09-10-2019, 03:21 PM
I cant really remember the route leading up to it. Was it actually supposed to be a slant or a button hook?

It probably is called a post. Post, slant, cutting upfield after 5, 10, 15 whatever. It’s a crossing route.

Cugel
09-10-2019, 06:59 PM
Man I'm worried about my prediction now. 7 wins is feeling generous.

I'm thinking the same. Honestly, 6 wins might be generous. The Bears have a much better defense than the Raiders.