PDA

View Full Version : Lock to IR?

Shazam!
08-22-2019, 06:06 PM
Seems like a high possibility

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/08/22/drew-lock-injured-reserve-denver-broncos-rookie-qb/

Northman
08-22-2019, 06:10 PM
Maybe if he would quit tripping over the Decker grass.

Timmy!
08-22-2019, 06:28 PM
Somebody teach Shazam how to link

Shazam!
08-22-2019, 06:35 PM
I think its because of the App

Poet
08-22-2019, 06:52 PM
JFC. The kid got better every single time he got out there. This ******* sucks ass. This kid gets hurt early and can't go, and jackasses like TS, Case Keenum, and those losers walk around with a clean bill of health.

There's no ******* justice in this god forsaken world.

Shazam!
08-22-2019, 06:56 PM
JFC. The kid got better every single time he got out there. This ******* sucks ass. This kid gets hurt early and can't go, and jackasses like TS, Case Keenum, and those losers walk around with a clean bill of health.

Bro he'll be fine. Lil setback.

Poet
08-22-2019, 06:57 PM
Bro he'll be fine. Lil setback.

This is an affront to mother ******* justice.

GEM
08-22-2019, 06:58 PM
It allows them to either keep rypien on the team because they don't think he'll make it through to practice squad or get another guy because Hogan isn't that good.

Poet
08-22-2019, 06:59 PM
It allows them to either keep rypien on the team because they don't think he'll make it through to practice squad or get another guy because Hogan isn't that good.

I'm just hoping Flacco's fully healthy or we're kinda ******.

Tned
08-22-2019, 07:02 PM

I didn't think it was possible, or at least not likely, after the hall of fame game for Lock to be the backup, but after seeing his improvements in game two, and then improvement in game three, I started thinking he could win the backup job over Hogan. Then he gets hurt. Sucks.

Shazam!

They see something in Rypien

MOtorboat
https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/08/22/drew-lock-injured-reserve-denver-broncos-rookie-qb/

Just sit him down. The plan was Flacco, this doesn’t change anything. I forget the IR rule now, but if you have to designate him for return, do that in case Flacco is injured and you don’t have faith in Hogan, or whoever else is there. But sitting him for the season isn’t a bad idea at this point.

Poet
08-22-2019, 07:04 PM
I didn't think it was possible, or at least not likely, after the hall of fame game for Lock to be the backup, but after seeing his improvements in game two, and then improvement in game three, I started thinking he could win the backup job over Hogan. Then he gets hurt. Sucks.

Tned...it feels good for us to be united on the QB front. That's how I felt.

Tned
08-22-2019, 07:05 PM

Just sit him down. The plan was Flacco, this doesn’t change anything. I forget the IR rule now, but if you have to designate him for return, do that in case Flacco is injured and you don’t have faith in Hogan, or whoever else is there. But sitting him for the season isn’t a bad idea at this point.

No designation anymore. Just can only two pull off it, I believe. That and I think it's minimum of 8 weeks if I remember correctly.

Simple Jaded
08-22-2019, 08:00 PM
I'm so happy for you Shazam.

Northman
08-22-2019, 08:07 PM
There is always Sloter. Lol

Simple Jaded
08-22-2019, 08:10 PM
There is always Sloter. Lol

Is there? Don't play with my emotions.

Shazam!
08-22-2019, 08:24 PM
I'm so happy for you Shazam.

Why u think this makes me happy

Simple Jaded
08-22-2019, 08:27 PM
Why u think this makes me happy

*?

Instinct.

Simple Jaded
08-22-2019, 08:31 PM
Two years from now the Broncos will have hitched their wagon to another Case Mullens (because Skangarelo is another Kubiak) and we'll all be arguing about his 5 yards/attempt and "It factor".

That's how this ends, that's how this ALWAYS ends.

Simple Jaded
08-22-2019, 08:36 PM
There will SERIOUSLY be people here saying the Broncos don't have to mortgage the future to trade up and get the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck, because "we have to see what Brett Siemian can do".

Mark it down, who's your mama.

MOtorboat
08-22-2019, 08:38 PM
There will SERIOUSLY be people here saying the Broncos don't have to mortgage the future to trade up and get the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck, because "we have to see what Brett Siemian can do".

Mark it down, who's your mama.

#tankfortua

Simple Jaded
08-22-2019, 08:41 PM
#tankfortua

Him too.

Northman
08-22-2019, 08:52 PM
Trevor lawrence.

MOtorboat
08-22-2019, 08:53 PM
Trevor lawrence.

#tankfortrevor
#loseforlawrence

Let’s do this!

Simple Jaded
08-22-2019, 09:36 PM
Broncos should trade Brent Rypein for Johs Rosen, Laremi Tunsil and a No1 pick, I really like Rosen's makeup ... Great "It" factor attitude and the body language of a Champion.

Nomad
08-23-2019, 07:45 AM
Why hasn’t Rypien had much playing time? It’s been Hogan.

Nomad
08-23-2019, 07:49 AM
#tankfortrevor
#loseforlawrence

Let’s do this!

I’m sure the Colts will find a way to land Lawrence.

Tned
08-23-2019, 08:10 AM

Theory people are speaking of is that before the Lock injury, the Broncos didn't want to showcase him for the rest of the league and wanted to simply let him clear waivers and put him on practice squad.

OrangeHoof
08-23-2019, 10:11 AM
If the Broncos want to shelve Lock for the entire year over this, I don't think he's their future. Fucco's not going to last the entire season and I don't care to see Hogan in a game that counts in the standings.

Northman
08-23-2019, 10:17 AM

Experience

Cugel
08-23-2019, 10:26 AM

I totally agree they should just dump Hogan as a waste of space and get another QB. SF is going to have to release a backup QB so they could pick one up from there, but they're not going to do that.

So, best thing that can happen? Place Lock on the IR for 6 weeks, and when he comes back dump Hogan.

Meanwhile they put Rypien on practice squad freeing up a roster spot for another TE or ILB or LT which they really need given the pitiful depth on this roster.

You see that total lack of depth on special teams which have been totally ter-bysmal. It's just not a sign of great things to come this season when Fangio already has to consider using starters on special teams just so they won't totally suck, which he's admitted considering doing.

slim
08-23-2019, 10:45 AM

Designate him for return, but don't end his season. That would be stupid.

BroncoWave
08-23-2019, 11:06 AM
Designate him for return, but don't end his season. That would be stupid.

I think tned said this earlier, bit you don't designate specific players to return anymore. You can pull anyone off IR, but only a limited number of players. So they can just stick him on IR and make that decision later.

Davii
08-23-2019, 11:23 AM
I think tned said this earlier, bit you don't designate specific players to return anymore. You can pull anyone off IR, but only a limited number of players. So they can just stick him on IR and make that decision later.

Hopefully he is healing quick enough they don't even need to use IR.

Tbolt
08-23-2019, 02:53 PM
Welcome back Brock Osweiler...

spikerman
08-23-2019, 03:13 PM
I suspect the next time you see Brock in a uniform it will be for the XFL.

BroncoWave
08-23-2019, 03:16 PM
Brock would be a strict upgrade over Hogan and I'd take him back in a second.

Northman
08-23-2019, 03:22 PM

That aint saying much.

spikerman
08-23-2019, 03:22 PM

I don’t think I disagree with you, but I think I’m right.

Tbolt
08-23-2019, 04:02 PM
I think he will be on an NFL roster this year. Maybe Carolina? But honestly, it would be an upgrade with Lock hurt. I have very little faith that Flacco doesn't go down at some point.

GEM
08-23-2019, 04:18 PM
Y'all act like Flacco has been an often injured qb.

Nov 4, 2018 NFL Inguinal Hip Sprain Flacco avoided surgery. He returned in a backup role.
Oct 26, 2017 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1
Jul 26, 2017 NFL Back Vertebral Disc Hernia Flacco missed all of August with a disc issue in his back but was ready for Week 1.
Oct 16, 2016 NFL Shoulder Flacco missed a practice with pain in his throwing shoulder but was fine to play in the following week's game.
Nov 22, 2015 NFL Knee ACL Tear Grade 3 Flacco tore his left ACL and MCL late in Week 11. He was placed on IR and missed the rest of the season. He had surgery on December 8.
Dec 16, 2013 NFL Knee MCL Pull Grade 1 Flacco suffered a sprained left MCL but was ready the following week.

The only qualifier is he is playing behind our shitshow line.

spikerman
08-23-2019, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I think that lack of confidence in the line is the issue.

Hawgdriver
08-23-2019, 04:34 PM

Especially in the helmet-misplacement department.

Cugel
08-24-2019, 08:50 AM
I'm just hoping Flacco's fully healthy or we're kinda ******.

That's true of almost the entire league. Probably about 1/3 of the teams have a decent quality backup QB like Nick Foles was for the Eagles who can step in and keep the team winning.

Look who other teams have. Would you want any of these guys as your backup?

Blake Bortles, Rams
Mike Glennon, Raiders
Blaine Gabbert, Buccaneers
Brett Hundley, Cardinals
Matt Barkley, Bills
Chase Daniel, Bears
Drew Stanton, Browns
AJ McCarron, Texans
Chad Henne, Chiefs
Brian Hoyer, Patriots
Trevor Siemian, Jets
Tom Savage, Lions
Paxton Lynch, Seahawks

Maybe you see a guy you would like on that list but I don't. :coffee:

Simple Jaded
08-24-2019, 06:34 PM
That's true of almost the entire league. Probably about 1/3 of the teams have a decent quality backup QB like Nick Foles was for the Eagles who can step in and keep the team winning.

Look who other teams have. Would you want any of these guys as your backup?

Blake Bortles, Rams
Mike Glennon, Raiders
Blaine Gabbert, Buccaneers
Brett Hundley, Cardinals
Matt Barkley, Bills
Chase Daniel, Bears
Drew Stanton, Browns
AJ McCarron, Texans
Chad Henne, Chiefs
Brian Hoyer, Patriots
Trevor Siemian, Jets
Tom Savage, Lions
Paxton Lynch, Seahawks

Maybe you see a guy you would like on that list but I don't. :coffee:
Apparently you've never heard of Brent Keesum.

:coffee:

Simple Jaded
08-24-2019, 08:17 PM
https://mavensports.io/broncos/news/7-qbs-broncos-could-target-to-upgrade-the-backup-spot-replace-hogan-68llBY2hi0enxmtSM0lUhA/

Imma just ... Here.

Northman
08-24-2019, 08:48 PM
https://mavensports.io/broncos/news/7-qbs-broncos-could-target-to-upgrade-the-backup-spot-replace-hogan-68llBY2hi0enxmtSM0lUhA/

Imma just ... Here.

I would love to bring Sloter back and get Rudolph. Cut Hogan and put Lock on ice for a while.

Simple Jaded
08-24-2019, 08:56 PM
I would love to bring Sloter back and get Rudolph. Cut Hogan and put Lock on ice for a while.

I wouldn't know what to do first, cry or fap.

Simple Jaded
08-26-2019, 12:31 AM
Hogan is just as talented as the two SF scrubs, if not more, why waste assets and make a trade for one of them?

Keep Hogan and make Mr Scrub Whisperer work his magic with what they already have.

If the Broncos trade for anybody trade for Josh Garnett.

Tned
08-26-2019, 12:54 AM
From DP:

LOS ANGELES – The Broncos have three options for injured backup quarterback Drew Lock, out indefinitely with a sprained right (throwing) thumb.

1. Place him on injured reserve on Aug. 31. The most unlikely scenario because it would end Lock’s season.

2. Place him on injured reserve on Sept. 1. An option to consider if Lock isn’t going to be available for another 4-6 weeks. If he’s on the initial 53-man roster, he can be placed on injured reserve and is eligible to return after eight weeks (he can resume practicing after six weeks). This way, Lock can use November and December to get valuable practice time and even start late in the year.

3. Do nothing. If the Broncos get positive reports next week on Lock’s thumb, suggesting he could resume throwing by Week 2, they could carry him on the 53-man roster as the third (inactive) quarterback.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/08/24/drew-lock-broncos-qb-options/

Cugel
08-26-2019, 12:55 PM
Apparently you've never heard of Brent Keesum.

You think Keesum counts as "quality?" :coffee:

Cugel
08-26-2019, 01:02 PM
2. Place him on injured reserve on Sept. 1. An option to consider if Lock isn’t going to be available for another 4-6 weeks. If he’s on the initial 53-man roster, he can be placed on injured reserve and is eligible to return after eight weeks (he can resume practicing after six weeks). This way, Lock can use November and December to get valuable practice time and even start late in the year.

3. Do nothing. If the Broncos get positive reports next week on Lock’s thumb, suggesting he could resume throwing by Week 2, they could carry him on the 53-man roster as the third (inactive) quarterback.

Sounds tome like they will do nothing, hope that Lock gets better so they can dump Hogan off the 53 and start the season with 3 QBs.

If Flacco gets hurt the Broncos season is done anyway, so they might as well start Lock in case Flacco goes down, and see what he can do as starter. He might not be ready, but they need to know if he's the long-term answer or not. He should show some flashes of great plays if that is the case. The lack of them is an indication too -- like Paxton.

I would put Lock on IR and call him back when he's completely healthy, but it's not as if the 53rd man is going to be an All-Pro so cutting him will probably have minimal impact.

Davii
08-26-2019, 01:42 PM
Sounds tome like they will do nothing, hope that Lock gets better so they can dump Hogan off the 53 and start the season with 3 QBs.

If Flacco gets hurt the Broncos season is done anyway, so they might as well start Lock in case Flacco goes down, and see what he can do as starter. He might not be ready, but they need to know if he's the long-term answer or not. He should show some flashes of great plays if that is the case. The lack of them is an indication too -- like Paxton.

I would put Lock on IR and call him back when he's completely healthy, but it's not as if the 53rd man is going to be an All-Pro so cutting him will probably have minimal impact.

I would say he's already shown some flashes and growth from game to game. So far he looks like he might have enough to take over as starter this season.

Simple Jaded
08-26-2019, 04:07 PM
You think Keesum counts as "quality?" :coffee:

Nope

Cugel
08-27-2019, 10:36 AM
I would say he's already shown some flashes and growth from game to game. So far he looks like he might have enough to take over as starter this season.

I haven't seen it yet, but I don't care. I think Elway is totally delusional to begin with, so I'd admit "we a rebuilding team due to my sucky drafting for most of the last 5 years! We'll be lucky to win 8 games with Flacco! So, we might as well tank, start Lock, see whether he can emerge by season's end as a viable top 10 QB (prospective of course)."

And if not, they have had an entire season to evaluate Lock and decide "this guy will never cut it" so they go back into the draft next season and draft a top 5 QB when there are going to be a few very good prospects.

It would mean giving up a playoff run, but I don't see any chance of that to begin with. I am not sold on Flacco being "in his prime" because I've seen Flacco the last 4 years and he was not good. His last really decent season was 2014. That was a long time ago. Their theory is "he'll recapture his lost mojo!"

I remain skeptical. :coffee:

HORSEPOWER 56
08-27-2019, 10:51 AM
If Mullens is released, we should grab him. Rypien to practice squad, Lock to IR until week 8, Hogan as far from Denver as possible.

Mullens knows Scangs and can run this offense. Other than Flacco, it’s obvious all our current roster QBs have terrible pocket awareness. They also are struggling with the scheme. I don’t blame Lock and Rypien as much based on inexperience, but Hogan is hot garbage out there. He’s gotten the most opportunities with the better caliber backup players and played the worst overall out of all 4 guys on the roster. He’s a 3 year vet from Stanford that looks like a FCS rookie playing his first NFL game every week. He should be long gone.

Davii
08-27-2019, 11:06 AM
I haven't seen it yet, but I don't care. I think Elway is totally delusional to begin with, so I'd admit "we a rebuilding team due to my sucky drafting for most of the last 5 years! We'll be lucky to win 8 games with Flacco! So, we might as well tank, start Lock, see whether he can emerge by season's end as a viable top 10 QB (prospective of course)."

And if not, they have had an entire season to evaluate Lock and decide "this guy will never cut it" so they go back into the draft next season and draft a top 5 QB when there are going to be a few very good prospects.

It would mean giving up a playoff run, but I don't see any chance of that to begin with. I am not sold on Flacco being "in his prime" because I've seen Flacco the last 4 years and he was not good. His last really decent season was 2014. That was a long time ago. Their theory is "he'll recapture his lost mojo!"

I'm sure you'd do a much better job than John Elway has....

:lol::lol::laugh::lol::laugh:

Simple Jaded
08-28-2019, 01:25 AM
p

Weird.

"Good" is precisely how I'd describe Flacco over the last 4 years.

Elevation inc
08-28-2019, 04:08 AM
p

Weird.

on this we do not agree :lol:....mediocre to slightly above avg. perhaps.....

Cugel
08-28-2019, 08:35 AM

I think it will be funny if Sloter ever becomes a starter in this league (doubtful at this point), but you must realize that the chances of Sloter ever coming back here while John Elway is in charge are zero, right?

John Elway admit he screwed up and they got rid of a good player because of his obsession for Paxton the Pirate? His head would explode first! :laugh:

Cugel
08-28-2019, 08:41 AM
p

Weird.

Year Team CMP% YDS TD INT Rating
2018 Ravens 61.2 2,465 12 6 84.2
2017 Ravens 64.1 3,141 18 13 80.4
2016 Ravens 64.9 4,317 20 15 83.5
2015 Ravens 64.4 2,791 14 12 83.1

Case Keesum:
2018 Broncos 62.3 3,890 18 15 81.2

The last 4 years he's basically been Case Keenum.

Case closed. :coffee:

Simple Jaded
08-29-2019, 10:21 PM
Year Team CMP% YDS TD INT Rating
2018 Ravens 61.2 2,465 12 6 84.2
2017 Ravens 64.1 3,141 18 13 80.4
2016 Ravens 64.9 4,317 20 15 83.5
2015 Ravens 64.4 2,791 14 12 83.1

Case Keesum:
2018 Broncos 62.3 3,890 18 15 81.2

The last 4 years he's basically been Case Keenum.

Case closed. :coffee:

Comparing stats from completely different offenses, with different supporting cast, playing different opponents ... I sincerely you're better in court than you are online.