PDA

View Full Version : The Sopranos

Shazam!
08-21-2019, 08:01 AM
Stopped at the house used as the Tony Soprano home in NJ. Recently sold for 3.5 mill 5k+ sqf

Ate at Holstens too had a burger where they shot the last scene in the finale.

Great series

aberdien
08-21-2019, 01:38 PM
Greatest finale of all time.

Poet
08-21-2019, 01:46 PM
Greatest finale of all time.

One of the absolute worst finales of all-time.

aberdien
08-21-2019, 01:48 PM
One of the absolute best finales of all-time.

Agreed.

Poet
08-21-2019, 01:54 PM
Agreed.

First Joel trolls Wave, now Abe trolls me?

The style brothers are under attack.

Shazam, to get back on topic - it's a great show, really is, and the acting is top notch. I just hated the finale because, quite frankly, it was fake smart, and quite stupid. The director then explaining it a few years later just made it all the more absurd, too. Point being, it couldn't ruin how great that show was, but it did detract from it.

Shazam!
08-21-2019, 02:07 PM
I thought the ending was 'good'...The fact that its still a topic of conversation speaks to its creativity.

IMO...

I thought S5 ending woulda been perfect to leave it as an ending IF they wanted to see Soprano get off the hook completely.

I thought The Shield had a much better ending for Vic Mackey. A torture to him worse than death.

The food at Holstens was disappointing. Burger was small.

aberdien
08-21-2019, 02:13 PM
I've only seen like 3 episodes.

Shazam!
08-21-2019, 02:15 PM
I've only seen like 3 episodes.

You should start binging The Sopranos and The Shield asap

aberdien
08-21-2019, 02:22 PM
The Shield is kindof a lame name for a show. I'll pass on that one, but maybe I'll do The Sopranos.

Shazam!
08-21-2019, 02:58 PM
The Shield is kindof a lame name for a show. I'll pass on that one, but maybe I'll do The Sopranos.

Nah bro best cop show EVER The Shield will change your tv expectations. To me shows like Law and Order and NCIS are unwatchable in comparison

They wanted to call it Rampart the trailers referred to it as Rampart after the LAPD scandal but FX got a lotta flak for it

aberdien
08-21-2019, 03:40 PM
Nah bro best cop show EVER The Shield will change your tv expectations. To me shows like Law and Order and NCIS are unwatchable in comparison

They wanted to call it Rampart the trailers referred to it as Rampart after the LAPD scandal but FX got a lotta flak for it

I find cop shows rather boring. Unless Family Matters is considered a cop show.

Rex
08-21-2019, 03:51 PM
Best. Show. Ever

/thread.

There is really no reason to debate this

Shazam!
08-21-2019, 03:57 PM
Best. Show. Ever

/thread.

There is really no reason to debate this

It just felt after S2 it was different. Ciferetto was never as good an antagonist to Tony as Richie Aprile was in 2. And Blundetto in S5 ws terrible too. Feech should have been around longer. S6 P1? UGH.

I have minimum complaints though. Great series.

I think S5 was perfect ending shoulda left it alone.

Game of Thrones was close behind, S7 fell apart.

Buff
08-21-2019, 04:31 PM
My favorite show of all time.

Though I'll be honest - I tried to get my GF into it and I feel like the pilot episode doesn't hold up very well. I think it hit its stride as it went along.

Shazam!
08-21-2019, 05:05 PM
My favorite show of all time.

Though I'll be honest - I tried to get my GF into it and I feel like the pilot episode doesn't hold up very well. I think it hit its stride as it went along.

Sometimes pilots are like that. The Shield was like that too until the end of the ep OH ****.

BeefStew25
08-21-2019, 05:07 PM
Midsommer is pretty good. Would be an excellent series.

Shazam!
08-21-2019, 05:14 PM
Midsommer is pretty good. Would be an excellent series.

That was one of the best movies I've ever seen. Twist ending was a shock

BeefStew25
08-21-2019, 06:36 PM

You promise you saw it?

Shazam!
08-21-2019, 06:39 PM

You promise you saw it?

I had NO IDEA she would have seen and reacted to *it* the way she did at *that* moment at the end omg

Whoever wrote that was genius. I totally didn't see it coming. Must see.

Magnificent Seven
08-21-2019, 07:01 PM
What was really happened at the restaurant? (Sopranos' Final scene)

BeefStew25
08-21-2019, 07:12 PM
I had NO IDEA she would have seen and reacted to *it* the way she did at *that* moment at the end omg

Okay you are my brother. How about the old people.

BeefStew25
08-21-2019, 07:12 PM
What was really happened at the restaurant? (Sopranos' Final scene)

Tony and his family had dinner.

Shazam!
08-21-2019, 07:30 PM

Okay you are my brother. How about the old people.

If they thought that they would survive that ritual ceremony would they have done it anyway

BeefStew25
08-21-2019, 07:35 PM
If they thought that they would survive that ritual ceremony would they have done it anyway

That was the point. They knew they weren’t.

How about the sex scene and the ladies helping.

Shazam!
08-21-2019, 08:20 PM

That was the point. They knew they weren’t.

How about the sex scene and the ladies helping.

You know i was trying to not give too much away like spoilers? Shouldnt you? Is that even proper etiquette lol

Is there a Midsommar Thread? It def is deserving. Everyone should see it.

Magnificent Seven
08-22-2019, 01:25 AM

Right. However, we saw a guy was sitting on a stool and he kept staring at the Sopranos family. Then, he walked out and Soprano's daughter was about to walk in. Tony looked up to the front door.... the show is ended.

1. Did someone shoot Tony's daughter or Tony got shot?

Shazam!
08-22-2019, 03:05 AM

Right. However, we saw a guy was sitting on a stool and he kept staring at the Sopranos family. Then, he walked out and Soprano's daughter was about to walk in. Tony looked up to the front door.... the show is ended.

Tony got it.

In S6 p2 E1 when he and Bobby Bacala are on the boat, Bobby says when it happens 'you probably never even see it coming'. This was reflected again by Tony in the penultimate ep too after Bobby was murdered, so it was a reminder.

NightTrainLayne
08-22-2019, 01:37 PM

My take on that final scene is that we don't know. And the point being driven home is that Tony doesn't know either. All of his life, he'll be wondering whether or not someone is around the next corner ready to knock him off. Every time he sits down in a restaurant with his family, he'll have to wonder about who's coming through the door etc. In other words, he'll never really be free of that anxiety.

That's what makes that ending so brilliant imo.

Shazam!
08-22-2019, 01:53 PM

My take on that final scene is that we don't know. And the point being driven home is that Tony doesn't know either. All of his life, he'll be wondering whether or not someone is around the next corner ready to knock him off. Every time he sits down in a restaurant with his family, he'll have to wonder about who's coming through the door etc. In other words, he'll never really be free of that anxiety.

That's what makes that ending so brilliant imo.

Taht angle too, with him always looking at the door. The other way works too. Its open to interpretation. The fact we're talking about it 10 years later is its brilliance.