PDA

View Full Version : Why Broncos G Dalton Risner “has all the tools to be one of the best offensive linemen in the NFL”

Denver Native (Carol)
08-18-2019, 04:18 PM
As teddy bears ago, Dalton Risner bites.

Bryce Ford witnessed the beast that drives the Broncos’ rookie guard firsthand a few years back when the former Wiggins High baseball standout and Risner family friend paid a call to the Kansas State campus.

It was a victorious Saturday for the Wildcats, and as Aggieville danced, Ford sashayed into Dalton’s living room, expecting to join the family in celebration mode. Instead, he found Risner and his father, Mitch, still wearing game faces, still hashing out the game, blow by blow. Still grinding.

“They’re talking about the playbook and how they can improve the playbook, just thinking, overall, about how to get better,” Ford recalls. “They never settle. They’re never content with what they have. They always want to be the best. They’re always striving to be great.

rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2019/08/18/dalton-risner-broncos-offensive-line-munchak/

Shazam!
08-18-2019, 04:32 PM
He better get some snaps at C just in case.

TXBRONC
08-18-2019, 05:42 PM

It would be better for him the reps he needs at the position that they plan to have him start at.

Shazam!
08-18-2019, 06:40 PM

It would be better for him the reps he needs at the position that they plan to have him start at.

He played C extensively. McGovern is seemingly having a hard time. A little insurance woukd go a long way.

TXBRONC
08-18-2019, 06:50 PM
He played C extensively. McGovern is seemingly having a hard time. A little insurance woukd go a long way.

As I said, I think it's better for him to gets the reps at the position that he's actually going start at. I haven't heard lately that McGovern is struggling. Early in camp I did and certainly yesterday there wasn't mention of him struggling that I came across.

Shazam!
08-18-2019, 06:54 PM

As I said, I think it's better for him to gets the reps at the position that he's actually going start at. I haven't heard lately that McGovern is struggling. Early in camp I did and certainly yesterday there wasn't mention of him struggling that I came across.

Report was still having a problem with snapping. Flacco kinda covered for him wont throw him under the bus.

dogfish
08-18-2019, 11:59 PM
man, i love this kid. . . i was elated when we got him at 41-- he never should have been available there, that was a freaking steal. . . honestly, one of my favorite picks we've ever made. . . he's gonna be our best homegrown OL since chris kuper, maybe even nails. . .

:defense::defense:

TXBRONC
08-19-2019, 07:54 AM
Report was still having a problem with snapping. Flacco kinda covered for him wont throw him under the bus.

I have not heard this nor am I going worry about it. I think McGovern is going to be just fine.

Simple Jaded
08-19-2019, 09:24 PM
Someone needs to inform Munchak that arm length doesn't matter ... apparently.