PDA

View Full Version : Broncos sophomores class -- Lindsay, Chubb, Sutton -- create franchise cornerstones

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2019, 08:15 PM
SEATTLE — The flowers of hope first blossomed in May of 2018. Over the course of a few weeks, top pick Bradley Chubb, second-rounder Courtland Sutton and free agent Phillip Lindsay arrived spraying Febreze on a particularly odoriferous stretch in Broncos history.

Right words are expected when new players first meet the press. Some lay it on too thick and try too hard. What struck me when I met this trio of Broncos was the uncommon maturity and confidence. Watching their highlights, they played with energy -- Chubb and Lindsay possess relentless motors -- and passion. Winning seemed personal even though none was on a powerhouse college team.

As the Broncos' dissolved with four consecutive losses to end last season, the rookies began to transform. It was obvious in their exit interviews. The group promised this type of disappointment was not going to happen again on its watch. For me, I was intrigued, but skeptical, not predisposed to fall for words. Professional sports are as sympathetic as a photo radar ticket and harder than calculus. There are no try hard ribbons.

rest - https://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/broncos-sophomores-class-lindsay-chubb-sutton-create-franchise-cornerstones

Simple Jaded
08-20-2019, 01:26 PM
Whatabout Josey Mecklenberg?

TXBRONC
08-21-2019, 11:11 AM
Whatabout Josey Mecklenberg?

Brother at least he would have a rating, as for us no so much.