PDA

View Full Version : What are your expectations for Noah Fant's rookie season?

dogfish
07-29-2019, 01:39 PM
discuss. . .

Northman
07-29-2019, 01:40 PM
A gazillion yards thousands of Tds.

BroncoJoe
07-29-2019, 01:47 PM
Based on camp reports (other than the first couple days...) he's not quite NFL ready.

MOtorboat
07-29-2019, 02:17 PM
I’d like to at least see some flashes - like a few nice big catch and runs and a couple of touchdowns.

underrated29
07-29-2019, 02:23 PM
Well, we are ineveitelbly going to have injuries from IRman and likely Butt. So he will get more reps than normal just because of that.

I think it is safe to say he will get about 400 yards and 3 tds. People will be calling him a bust. I do not think so. He just needs to learn and we will need a better QB. If he hits 500 yards that is imo a big win. If he can hit 7 tds that is also a huge win.

aberdien
07-29-2019, 02:27 PM
Score some red zone TDs and don't murder anybody.

BroncoWave
07-29-2019, 02:28 PM
Score some red zone TDs and don't murder anybody.

Except for opposing defenses. He can murder defenses all day long.

Buff
07-29-2019, 04:16 PM
Be a threat in the red zone.

Anything additional to that would be great - but having an actual mismatch in the redzone would fill a huge hole.

Hawgdriver
07-29-2019, 10:59 PM

Anything additional to that would be great - but having an actual mismatch in the redzone would fill a huge hole.

Add to that--getting open on 3d downs and getting Flacco to trust him enough to throw it his way would be great, but that's a lot to ask 1st year as rookie with new QB. But if he's coming up with a few of these, that would make me pleased.

Shazam!
07-30-2019, 11:49 AM

Add to that--getting open on 3d downs and getting Flacco to trust him enough to throw it his way would be great, but that's a lot to ask 1st year as rookie with new QB. But if he's coming up with a few of these, that would make me pleased.

Third down has been horrendous for the O the oast two years. Wht a break thatd be.

BeefStew25
07-30-2019, 10:24 PM
Don’t get hurt and be better than the other Iowa guy

BroncoWave
07-31-2019, 06:10 AM
Don’t get hurt and be better than the other Iowa guy

We love us some injured Big 10 tight ends!

Ziggy
07-31-2019, 12:39 PM
Based on camp reports (other than the first couple days...) he's not quite NFL ready.

One of those reports might be mine Joe, but don't write him off yet. Some players are gamers, and just don't do well in practice. I'm hoping that's the case with the rookie. Maybe when the lights come on he'll start making a name for himself. He should get plenty of time in the preseason.

Shazam!
07-31-2019, 12:41 PM
Some players are gamers, and just don't do well in practice. I'm hoping that's the case with the rookie. Maybe when the lights come on he'll start making a name for himself. He should get plenty of time in the preseason.

Sounds like someone we knew.

Ziggy
07-31-2019, 12:41 PM
I'm hoping that he improves as the season goes on, and can bolster the Broncos red zone offense. Scangarello will use him the right way when he's ready. I'd be interested to know what George Kittle looked like at this time last year.

BroncoJoe
07-31-2019, 01:25 PM
One of those reports might be mine Joe, but don't write him off yet. Some players are gamers, and just don't do well in practice. I'm hoping that's the case with the rookie. Maybe when the lights come on he'll start making a name for himself. He should get plenty of time in the preseason.

Oh, I'm not writing him off. Just the early reports out of camp were about him turning heads. The reports since have been less than stellar.

I have high hopes.

atwater27
07-31-2019, 06:28 PM
Tight ends are notoriously slow to develop. I’d love to see him with a high yards per catch average even if he only catches 30 receptions. Willing blocking and yearly improvement would be a win. A 3rd year breakout will be awesome. Just in time for him to pull a Julius Thomas and go to the highest bidder.

sneakers
08-02-2019, 08:03 PM
to grow a trunk

dogfish
08-02-2019, 09:36 PM
to grow a trunk

hi, sneaks. . . you're basing this expectation on what, exactly?

Timmy!
08-03-2019, 03:29 AM
hi, sneaks. . . you're basing this expectation on what, exactly?

Elephant.

Noahphant.

Jsteve01
08-03-2019, 09:38 AM
30-35 catches 4-6 TD. Flacco will target him more as the season goes on. Again he is bigger faster and more athletic than sutton who is no slouch.

Northman
08-03-2019, 10:01 AM
Right now i would just settle for him catching the ball.

atwater27
08-03-2019, 10:05 AM
He looked pretty good as a blocker Thursday night.

Poet
08-03-2019, 01:13 PM
Just make something of an impact of offense and stay healthy.

Nomad
08-03-2019, 01:19 PM
Next week, against the Seahawks, Lock and Fant are gonna light it up.

Simple Jaded
08-04-2019, 12:41 AM
Maybe he already has a trunk.

#OrsonMobley

Ground Control
08-06-2019, 08:26 AM
discuss. . .

Kid must be a dude. Dude must play and completely own his position. No half measures. I give him mid-season but if he's still questionable by then, he should be sacrificed to the greater Broncos pantheon to make the team better.

I think the kid is a dude, so all good.

TXBRONC
08-07-2019, 01:21 PM
Kid must be a dude. Dude must play and completely own his position. No half measures. I give him mid-season but if he's still questionable by then, he should be sacrificed to the greater Broncos pantheon to make the team better.

I think the kid is a dude, so all good.

If he's not playing great by midseason get rid of him?

Cugel
08-07-2019, 06:13 PM
Well, we are ineveitelbly going to have injuries from IRman and likely Butt. So he will get more reps than normal just because of that.

I think it is safe to say he will get about 400 yards and 3 tds. People will be calling him a bust. I do not think so. He just needs to learn and we will need a better QB. If he hits 500 yards that is imo a big win. If he can hit 7 tds that is also a huge win.

Basically this. He has all the chance in the world since Jake Butt's career is going the way of Courtney Brown -- every time he tries to play his knees flame up and he has to sit for 2 weeks. That happened to Courtney when he had his bone-on-bone condition in his knees not respond well to micro-fracture surgery. Courtney had to retire. Butt might simply get put back on IR or even just cut.

I would assume they put him on season ending IR and take another look at him next season, but for salary cap reasons they might just cut him.

That opens the door wide for Noah Fant and Jeff Heurman (ha!) and Troy Fumagalli (good luck). The Broncos TE group does not look great.

Fan to Sports-radio Host: "Which one of these guys is the next Zach Ertz?"

Answer: "None of them."

Elevation inc
08-09-2019, 06:27 AM
Fant has some work to do, he was responsible for 2 of the 3 loss running plays on that first drive.....his blocking the rest of the way was worse then last week, but this time he caught his first 2 passes....It's going to be a process I think....I worry about this position yet again for the year.