PDA

View Full Version : First 2019 Depth Chart

MOtorboat
07-29-2019, 01:13 PM
In all it’s glory: https://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart

atwater27
07-29-2019, 01:43 PM
First thoughts... we will be yet again vulnerable to tight ends and running backs catching passes especially in the middle of the field... looks like Fangio is giving Lock the full rookie mind game treatment. Also, the wide receiver order does not match the buzz I have been hearing about training camp risers.

turftoad
07-29-2019, 02:02 PM
First thoughts... we will be yet again vulnerable to tight ends and running backs catching passes especially in the middle of the field... looks like Fangio is giving Lock the full rookie mind game treatment. Also, the wide receiver order does not match the buzz I have been hearing about training camp risers.

Yes. Worried about ILB myself.
Thought they should have addressed it in the draft.

UnderArmour
07-29-2019, 02:38 PM
I'm expecting Fangio to mix and match a lot of different packages. You'll notice that Jackson isn't on CB depth chart at all, but it's obvious he will get snaps at CB as well as SS. Same thing for Hollins and ILB.

Buff
07-29-2019, 03:33 PM
Interesting that Jackson is listed at SS.

Sucks that our 1st round TE is apparently not better than Jeff Heurman.

Connor McGovern at center could be problematic.

GEM
07-29-2019, 03:44 PM

I've heard there have been a few snap issues with McGovern. Nalen said McGovern and Flacco should be staying after practice, but he hasn't seen it happen.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-29-2019, 07:16 PM

I think that’s specifically to address the TE issue. Jackson is a former hard hitting CB now playing Safety for us. I think he’ll be better than any of our other Safeties or LBs at covering TEs. Also, he’ll be able to come down and lineup on a slot WR if necessary or if/when the TE splits out into the slot without forcing us out of our base 3-4.

I assumed the moment Paradis walked that McGovern was always penciled in as the replacement. He played pretty well last year when Paradis was hurt, but if he’s having snapping issues that is a problem.

As far as Lock/Fant go, I have a feeling that Fangio is the typical “old guy” who prefers vets to rookies. Risner is starting because 1) Munch makes that call, and 2) there just ain’t nobody else.

UnderArmour
07-29-2019, 08:23 PM
Fangio on this depth chart:

“You guys know who’s been working with the [first team], and after that, it’s a free for all,” Fangio said. “If you put any stock into it, you’re mistaken.”
https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/kevin-hogan-to-start-pro-football-hall-of-fame-game-drew-lock-and-brett-rypien-t

BroncoWave
07-29-2019, 08:27 PM
I get that there isn't much else to talk about right now, but I put about zero stock into the very first depth chart. A lot of that will change by week 1.

tripp
07-29-2019, 09:51 PM
After hearing the lack luster start to camp by Noah Fant, makes it even harder pill to swallow knowing we could've drafted Devin Bush (assuming he turns into a decent LB)

dogfish
07-29-2019, 11:32 PM
you guys think champ is gonna stick at safety?

Shazam!
07-29-2019, 11:54 PM
After hearing the lack luster start to camp by Noah Fant, makes it even harder pill to swallow knowing we could've drafted Devin Bush (assuming he turns into a decent LB)

With too many various needs on offense im glad they didn't. Lets give him time.

JPPT1974
07-30-2019, 01:53 AM
Just hope Noah will flourish. Remember he is a rookie!

Shazam!
07-30-2019, 06:29 AM
Just hope Noah will flourish. Remember he is a rookie!

I think that kid Fort gonna be a surprise and push everyone forward. Butt is as good as gone if he still cant go i think.

BroncoWave
07-30-2019, 06:52 AM

It's been two weeks. Step off the ledge.

Elevation inc
08-01-2019, 07:57 AM
I don't put stock in this right now....its all mind games and a lot of the rookies are still swimming in scheme implementation....its normal.....

TXBRONC
08-01-2019, 08:07 AM
I don't put stock in this right now....its all mind games and a lot of the rookies are still swimming in scheme implementation....its normal.....

Listening to the beat writes they (guys like Mason) were saying that Broncos staff would have rather not have put a depth chart together. and that the depth chart doesn't really reflect where the players are minds of the coaching staff.

Simple Jaded
08-03-2019, 01:10 AM
It’s good to see River CraCra buried so deep on the depth chart.

Jsteve01
08-03-2019, 09:49 AM
Nick Williams. A poor man's oldish Brandon Stokely. I love young, balding , smallish, white receivers

TXBRONC
08-07-2019, 05:06 PM
Nick Williams. A poor man's oldish Brandon Stokely. I love young, balding , smallish, white receivers

I don't care as long as they can play.

Cugel
08-08-2019, 11:52 AM
Listening to the beat writes they (guys like Mason) were saying that Broncos staff would have rather not have put a depth chart together. and that the depth chart doesn't really reflect where the players are minds of the coaching staff.

They're lying. They just don't want other teams to know everything since the NFL runs on paranoia. And there is uncertainty behind the starters. Backup positions have not been really filled out. So "it could change."

But, it forces them to admit where they are right now. It could and will change after tonight's game.

MOtorboat
08-08-2019, 12:06 PM
Wait. You mean the first depth chart is full of shit?

:mindblown:

BroncoJoe
08-08-2019, 01:12 PM
Wait. You mean the first depth chart is full of shit?

:mindblown:

Dude. Cugel has inside information that no one else knows about!

Simple Jaded
08-10-2019, 05:44 AM

I don’t like his attitude.

TXBRONC
08-18-2019, 06:09 PM
I don’t like his attitude.

Says the guy who goes by the screen name jaded. :D