PDA

View Full Version : Kiszla: Why the real breakout star of Broncos camp is 60-year-old dude hiding his gut under a sweatshirt

Denver Native (Carol)
07-21-2019, 09:41 AM
The breakout star and revelation of training camp isn’t new quarterback Joe Flacco or first-round draft choice Noah Fant.

It’s the 60-year-old rookie coach who admits he wears a sweatshirt in 90-degree heat to hide his gut.

I think you’re gonna like this Vic Fangio guy, Broncos Country.

Yes, all coaches are ultimately judged by W’s and L’s. And there might be games when Denver’s offense struggles to put 10 points on the scoreboard, let alone light enough sparks to fuel optimism for a 10-victory season. But I feel confident it’s not too early to declare: Fangio has turned the Broncos back into a professional football team.

rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2019/07/20/vic-fangio-broncos-camp-kiszla/

Shazam!
07-21-2019, 10:06 AM
Will be Coach of the Year candidate. Love the old school way. Hes like the anti-Kingsbury at least this year.

Will be interesting to see the comparisons with VJ

tomjonesrocks
07-21-2019, 04:30 PM
These stories have been en Vogue this camp. I think it’s cool Denver went against the grain of the young hotshot coach and brought in a dude like this.

I really do like it - but fear it’s driven mostly in contrast to the sheer incompetence of VJ. What the hell was Elway thinking with that hire.

Looking forward to seeing if the hype turns out to be reality.

aberdien
07-21-2019, 04:31 PM
I didn't know Joe made it to TC.

Cugel
07-27-2019, 05:28 PM
WEll, we're used to VJ so Fangio just looks like Belichick by comparison. We shouldn't exaggerate. I know that when you think the words "Vance Joseph is gone!" it has a tendency to make you giddy. But, let's see how things go in the regular season.

Shazam!
07-27-2019, 05:55 PM
WEll, we're used to VJ so Fangio just looks like Belichick by comparison. We shouldn't exaggerate. I know that when you think the words "Vance Joseph is gone!" it has a tendency to make you giddy. But, let's see how things go in the regular season.

VJ is Elway's biggest mistake and IMO the real reason Broncos were THAT bad.