PDA

View Full Version : How do you stop pass-rushers like Von Miller? Blockers gather, swap secrets

Denver Native (Carol)
07-20-2019, 05:12 PM
FRISCO, Texas -- More than 40 offensive linemen were flanked in a horseshoe formation with their eyes plastered to the screen at the front of the room. They were all transfixed.

The oversized group was watching clips of Denver Broncos pass-rusher Von Miller dominate offensive linemen across the league while Kansas City Chiefs right tackle Mitchell Schwartz provided a scouting report of his rival. Schwartz suddenly stopped mid-sentence and nonchalantly blurted, "Don't watch that one."

The comment drew chuckles across the room as they watched a clip of Miller getting the best of Schwartz on a rep last season. Schwartz then continued with his assessment of Miller's game. Others added their input on the seven-time All-Pro.

rest - https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/59172/how-do-you-stop-pass-rushers-like-von-miller-blockers-gather-swap-secrets

Shazam!
07-20-2019, 05:19 PM
Not good. Hope this opens Chubb up more.

Always felt Von needs to work on some techniques and not just race his way around and go straight. Needs some spin, swim, etc.

Davii
07-29-2019, 12:33 AM

Always felt Von needs to work on some techniques and not just race his way around and go straight. Needs some spin, swim, etc.

Von has a few moves and says himself he needs to, and is, working on more. Most linemen he beats talk about the jab he gives before he goes right around you, others talk about his bull rush, others his crazy "get off" and speed.

He's not anything close to the one-dimensional player you seem to be describing

Shazam!
07-29-2019, 02:18 AM

Von has a few moves and says himself he needs to, and is, working on more. Most linemen he beats talk about the jab he gives before he goes right around you, others talk about his bull rush, others his crazy "get off" and speed.

He's not anything close to the one-dimensional player you seem to be describing

Did i say he was a one trick pony (horse, bronco, etc)? No i didn't.

Davii
07-29-2019, 07:06 AM

No, you said he needs to work on technique not just "race his way around and go straight", so as I said, you implied he's a one-dimensional player.

If that's not what you meant, great, but it's clearly what you implied.

Shazam!
07-29-2019, 07:48 AM

No, you said he needs to work on technique not just "race his way around and go straight", so as I said, you implied he's a one-dimensional player.

If that's not what you meant, great, but it's clearly what you implied.

Not quite what i meant.