PDA

View Full Version : Training camp news and notes

Pages : [1] 2

VonDoom
07-17-2019, 01:00 PM
Football is back, kind of. We open camp today. Here’s some Elway:

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 7m7 minutes ago
Elway, on whether he expects Drew Lock to be signed by the first practice: “We’ll see."

Ryan O'Halloran‏Verified account @ryanohalloran 7m7 minutes ago
Elway says "nothing surprises me anymore," when asked if surprised Lock is unsigned. #Broncos

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 5m5 minutes ago
Elway on Emmanuel Sanders: "Emmanuel looks good. He's not going to to go on PUP. He'll practice from Day 1. We'll work him in slowly."

James Palmer‏Verified account @JamesPalmerTV 3m3 minutes ago
The leader in the clubhouse right now at LG in John Elway’s eyes is rookie Dalton Risner.

Kyle Fredrickson‏Verified account @kylefredrickson 3m3 minutes ago
On the tight ends group: "We're excited about it. Obviously very young ... we feel like we're in really good position." On Garett Bolles: "I think Mike Munchak will help him tremendously."

Kyle Fredrickson‏Verified account @kylefredrickson 3m3 minutes ago
More Elway: "It's an exciting time of year. We've got a lot of work ahead of us. We always have high expectations of ourselves." On expectations: "We know what our goals are. ... We walk into every game with the idea we're going to win."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago
#Broncos Elway on Expectations. "I will let you guys set that. I never went into a season thinking we would be 10-6. Bottomline is that we have to execute, play well, get a little lucky and play well." #Denver7

Kyle Fredrickson‏Verified account @kylefredrickson 2m2 minutes ago
On the new-look secondary: "We have a lot of flexibility ... it gives the coaches a lot of options." On Joe Flacco: "He's got the ability to make every throw, throw with touch and throw the ball downfield ... He moves well in the pocket."

Kyle Fredrickson‏Verified account @kylefredrickson 26s26 seconds ago
On Vic Fangio: "He's proven to win and he's proven to be an expert on the defensive side. ... I think he's more than ready." On Courtland Sutton: "He's only scratched the surface of what we think he can do. ... We're thrilled he's on our team."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago
“everybody is under pressure. We need to win,” #Broncos Elway aaid. #Denver7

VonDoom
07-17-2019, 01:00 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago
John Elway said trying to solidify the QB position since Peyton Manning retired has been "a battle," but he likes that they've taken shots and is confident Joe Flacco can steady the offense.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago
Elway, on the QB position and Joe Flacco: “When your football team has confidence in the guy that’s at that position, it makes your team better. What Joe proved and showed our football team is that he can be that guy."

Elway, on Dalton Risner: “I think we’ll try him in some different spots,” but the primary goal will be to get him comfortable at LG.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 17s17 seconds ago
Elway, on Joe Flacco becoming a Bronco and joining an organization committed to trying to win year in/year out: “I think Joe knows coming in here that he’s going to have a chance to finish it up right."

James Palmer‏Verified account @JamesPalmerTV 10s10 seconds ago
“In this process, a lot of our players will get to learn a lot about Mr. Bowlen.” - John Elway on the experience of playing in the Hall of Fame game for this team.

MOtorboat
07-17-2019, 01:06 PM
Why would they move Risner around? Stick him at left guard. Leave him. Hope he’s an anchor for a decade. Why would you tinker with that?

VonDoom
07-17-2019, 01:13 PM
Here’s Fangio:

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago
Vic Fangio, on the training-camp schedule: “The rain dictates here that you practice in the morning. We are going to roll the dice on a couple of those afternoon practices because those are all happening after the players have the day off."

Ryan O'Halloran‏Verified account @ryanohalloran 2m2 minutes ago
Fangio says Scangarello will call offensive plays from coach's box. #Broncos

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago
Vic Fangio said Phillip Lindsay "is ready to go. Obviously we'll ease him in."

#Broncos Fangio said it will be adjustment coaching from the sideline. Only once did he do it as a coordinator. #Denver7

Fangio on Sanders, Lindsay: "We'll ease them in, but we'll get them in quickly."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago
Vic Fangio: “We have some things to figure as to exactly how we align our secondary, how we line the starters up at different positions.” Said in the secondary that they have “versatility,” Kareem Jackson will work at safety and CB.

Kyle Fredrickson‏Verified account @kylefredrickson 23s23 seconds ago
Fangio with some classic "back-in-my-day" stories about NFL training camps: Says the Saints had an 80-yard grass field, no cafeteria and guys had to eat at a "greasy deli" nearby for lunch.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 8s9 seconds ago
Fangio said Rich Scangarello has "exceeded" his expectations.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 6s6 seconds ago
Fangio on @VonMiller: "I think he's got more to give. He's got to make himself a better player with us guiding him and giving him resources. He's a guy that should be mentioned for Player of the Year and stuff like that....A guy with his talent level, a little bit becomes a lot."

VonDoom
07-17-2019, 01:13 PM
Vic Fangio asked again about the longer camp with the HOF game. "First of all, I keep hearing this. But it's like five extra practices."

Vic Fangio: “It’s five extra practices … it’s good. I’m glad we have them. I think it’s a great opportunity … We need it. We’re a new staff, a new team, a lot of new things going on.” There are “no negatives,” he says. Extra game gives an extra chance to evaluate young players.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 8s9 seconds ago
Fangio on @ChrisHarrisJr: "He's going to have to dive in and really learn the ins and outs of what we're doing, because he missed a couple months of that. ... So he's a little bit behind. And he's got 2 positions to play. ... The nickel position is totally different from corner."

Fangio: "We need to put the best combination of players out there. I've often heard, 'Put your best players out there or your best linemen' We need the best combination, and that's what we have to work through. We discussed it last night and we don't know how it will shake out."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 36s37 seconds ago
Vic Fangio: In the first 2 weeks of camp “We need to be able to build our endurance,” and says they need to be “calloused” to play football “so you’re ready to play in a three-hour, 3:10 game."

Vic, what do you want the identity of this team to be? Fangio: "A winning identity."

MOtorboat
07-17-2019, 01:19 PM
Von Miller could have a big couple of years in this defense. Question mark is of course at MLB.

VonDoom
07-17-2019, 01:19 PM
Chris Harris:

Ryan Edwards‏ @redwardsradio 3m3 minutes ago
Chris Harris “we have a lot of potential with this team” #BroncosCountry @KOANewsRadio

.@ChrisHarrisJr: "I think I fit (the system) perfect. ... I like it so far."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago
Chris Harris Jr. thinks that getting to play zone will help, says that in the past, with the man emphasis, he’s had to play a “hard down” on every down of the game. “I like [the scheme] so far."

.@ChrisHarrisJr: "I've been studying this playbook all summer, so I feel like I'm pretty caught up."

.@ChrisHarrisJr: "I feel like this year I have even more of a chip on my shoulder. If you're not motivated in this league, I don't know what kind of player you are. I don't know if I want to play with you."

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 2m2 minutes ago
Chris Harris Jr. #Broncos @1043TheFan "we need guys that are hungry. We need guys who understand our standard."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 52s53 seconds ago
Chris Harris Jr., on the 16/18-game proposal: "It’s going to be hard for them to tell me not to play 18 games if I can play … I don’t think that will happen."

Ryan Edwards‏ @redwardsradio 1m1 minute ago
Chris Harris on playing with a 1-year contract “it’s about putting in the work and being confident in yourself. There’s no fear when you put the kind of work I put in” #BroncosCountry @KOANewsRadio

Chris Harris Jr. says he was inspired by how competitive Champ Bailey was “every day” even after playing 15 years. Harris said he was already competitive, but learned more & reached a higher bar by watching Bailey.

BroncoNut
07-17-2019, 01:27 PM
I will have to check these guys out when I am in Denver September 6-12

VonDoom
07-17-2019, 01:27 PM
Von Miller:

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 44s44 seconds ago
Von Miller #Broncos @1043TheFan "Chris [Harris] is my guy. I feel like we've grown up together."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 38s39 seconds ago
Von Miller: "I have a lot to give. I haven't won Defensive Player of the Year ... There's a lot I have to give, and I think as long as I keep that mindset I'll do it. (Vic) has coached all the great ones. Whatever he tells me to do, I'll do it."

Von Miller says he and Bradley Chubb want to play “85, 90 percent” of the snaps. Says Fangio has indicated they will play more this year.

Von Miller asked about the backup OLBs. Mentioned @dekodawatson57: "I don't think there's a guy in the league that has a get-off like Dekoda. He's a special guy."

Von Miller: “Every year is a contract year … especially in the National Football League."

BroncoNut
07-17-2019, 01:28 PM
Von Miller:

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 44s44 seconds ago
Von Miller #Broncos @1043TheFan "Chris [Harris] is my guy. I feel like we've grown up together."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 38s39 seconds ago
Von Miller: "I have a lot to give. I haven't won Defensive Player of the Year ... There's a lot I have to give, and I think as long as I keep that mindset I'll do it. (Vic) has coached all the great ones. Whatever he tells me to do, I'll do it."

Von Miller says he and Bradley Chubb want to play “85, 90 percent” of the snaps. Says Fangio has indicated they will play more this year.

Von Miller asked about the backup OLBs. Mentioned @dekodawatson57: "I don't think there's a guy in the league that has a get-off like Dekoda. He's a special guy."

Von Miller: “Every year is a contract year … especially in the National Football League."

again, I will have to see it for myself. maybe while I'm in Denver September 6-12

underrated29
07-17-2019, 02:02 PM
Why would they move Risner around? Stick him at left tackle. Leave him. Hope he’s an anchor for a decade. Why would you tinker with that?

He can play T as well, and RG too. Why not have him as a switch blade that can fill in if needed. Just get him some reps there so he can have a feel for it. Not an always thing. Its not tinkering, its just maximizing his skill and security for us.

underrated29
07-17-2019, 02:03 PM
again, I will have to see it for myself. maybe while I'm in Denver September 6-12

Nut, are you going to hit us up when you get here in October 6-12?

MOtorboat
07-17-2019, 02:16 PM
He can play T as well, and RG too. Why not have him as a switch blade that can fill in if needed. Just get him some reps there so he can have a feel for it. Not an always thing. Its not tinkering, its just maximizing his skill and security for us.

I meant to write left guard (NTL May want to reevaluate his salute). Anyway, my point about sticking him somewhere and leaving him stands.

BeefStew25
07-17-2019, 02:17 PM
Risner is from Colorado.

BroncoJoe
07-17-2019, 02:20 PM
Risner is from Colorado.

Thanks, Cugel!

underrated29
07-17-2019, 02:34 PM
I meant to write left guard (NTL May want to reevaluate his salute). Anyway, my point about sticking him somewhere and leaving him stands.

And I think so does mine, and Elways. The guy has played all over the entire line. Why not get him a little work at those spots in case...something happens...? It makes perfect sense. Get him a little bit of reps at T. Not a ton but a few so he can feel it out and keep it fresh. 99% of the time at LG and 1% keeping fresh on others is not a big deal. Its smart, imo.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-17-2019, 02:54 PM
Back in business: Broncos report for 2019 training camp

Broncos players arrived early Wednesday morning to report for the team's 2019 training camp.

photos - https://www.denverbroncos.com/photos/back-in-business-broncos-report-for-2019-training-camp#a14495eb-df74-4311-a73d-891de3a98539

Hawgdriver
07-17-2019, 03:04 PM
Everything sounds great to me except this:

#Broncos Fangio said it will be adjustment coaching from the sideline. Only once did he do it as a coordinator. #Denver7

Denver Native (Carol)
07-17-2019, 03:09 PM
I would assume that HC Fangio will rely heavily on his coordinators to do most of the coaching.

Hawgdriver
07-17-2019, 03:26 PM
I would assume that HC Fangio will rely heavily on his coordinators to do most of the coaching.

That concerns me. His demonstrated strength is coaching defenses from the box. It's a shame to lose that, even if his role places additional demands on him. It makes no sense to me to hire a defensive expert and not fully exploit that. I'm glad for his rapport and long tenure with Donatell.

VonDoom
07-17-2019, 03:48 PM
Risner is from Colorado.

This type of insight is why we love this board

VonDoom
07-17-2019, 04:36 PM
Lock signed his deal - no holdout, and he’ll be there for camp tomorrow

Denver Native (Carol)
07-17-2019, 04:42 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — As Vic Fangio prepares to begin his first training camp as an NFL head coach, he’s already finished one of the more important aspects of the entire process.

The schedule.

With 53 days from the start of training camp until the Broncos’ regular-season opener against the Raiders on “Monday Night Football,” how Fangio manages his team could be a determining factor in how successful the team will be this season.

rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/on-eve-of-training-camp-hc-vic-fangio-outlines-practice-plan-provides-injury-upd

VonDoom
07-18-2019, 09:10 AM
https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1151854388861779968?s=21

BroncoNut
07-18-2019, 09:12 AM
This type of insight is why we love this board

Beef just got VonDoomed. admirable :salute:

BroncoNut
07-18-2019, 09:14 AM

you know what? haven't thought about it til you mention it. yeah, maybe I will

BroncoNut
07-18-2019, 09:14 AM

wait, I see what you did there. Jokes on me huh?

Denver Native (Carol)
07-18-2019, 09:47 AM
The Duke did it again.

John Elway’s greatest strengths include throwing a football, engineering a comeback and assembling a Super Bowl worthy roster.

But what’s criminally underrated about No. 7 is his ability to command a room, like he does seemingly every time he addresses the Denver media.

The Broncos President of Football Operations and General Manager was excellent as usual on Wednesday during the team’s annual media BBQ.

With bellies full of pulled pork, BBQ chicken, macaroni and cheese, baked beans and green beans, the assembled scribes waited for Elway to make his way up from team headquarters.

rest - https://milehighsports.com/john-elways-honesty-on-qb-saga-steals-the-show-at-media-bbq/

MOtorboat
07-18-2019, 12:59 PM
https://twitter.com/troyrenck/status/1151913065018871808?s=21

Oh, no. Wave?

:couch:

VonDoom
07-18-2019, 01:00 PM
From today - Fangio:

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 22m22 minutes ago
Bug Howard was sick and Colby Wadman had a family issue he had to tend to, Vic Fangio said. Wasn’t sure what happened with Todd Davis

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 21m21 minutes ago
Fangio on phillip Lindsay: “He looked good. About like I hoped he would. He had an usual wrist injury, so he had his legs.”

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 20m20 minutes ago
Vic Fangio on Courtland Sutton’s first-day drops: “I’ve been (teasing) him so I’m going to take advantage of that.” #9sports

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 19m19 minutes ago
Todd Davis is undergoing an MRI. Doesn’t appear to be too serious - talk of a calf injury - but they’ll know for sure here shortly.

VonDoom
07-18-2019, 01:01 PM
And some Flacco:

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 12m12 minutes ago
#Broncos Flacco said Lindsay “is like one of my kids. I don’t know where gets the energy” #Denver7

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 9m9 minutes ago
Joe Flacco on playing for John Elway: “I think it’s a really cool opportunity to be honest with you. John’s the man around here. Hopefully there’s room for a couple more people.”

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 8m8 minutes ago
Flacco: “I feel like I have a lot left in the tank and can do a lot more than I have in my 11 years in the league.”

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 7m7 minutes ago
Flacco talking about Roger Federer playing in Wimbledon. Said Federer is his favorite tennis player ever in large part because he’s unflappable when he plays. “That’s the way I want to be,” Flacco said.

Flacco said he doesn’t like to show frustration when things aren’t going well because he views it as whining. “If you’re frustrated, fix it. Play better.”

Hawgdriver
07-18-2019, 01:12 PM
Flacco said he doesn’t like to show frustration when things aren’t going well because he views it as whining. “If you’re frustrated, fix it. Play better.”

Sold.

Northman
07-18-2019, 01:17 PM
Hope he is right and has more left in the tank. Would be a great if he did.

underrated29
07-18-2019, 01:29 PM
Hope he is right and has more left in the tank. Would be a great if he did.

I don't buy it but I hope so. I have no faith in Hogan and I think Lock needs to Marinate a bit.

VonDoom
07-18-2019, 01:44 PM
Here’s Lock. Not sure if this translates to the field but I like his attitude:

Nicki Jhabvala
@NickiJhabvala
Drew Lock on his contract: “I was anxious to get out on the field. ... I told my agency if it looked like I was missing practice, no chance.”

Nicki Jhabvala
@NickiJhabvala
Drew Lock: “I’m not 100 percent sure what a QB premium is.” Indicated he left that to his agents but made it clear he did not want to miss any practice time.

Nicki Jhabvala
@NickiJhabvala
Drew Lock on Rich Scangarello: “First off, coach Scangarello is 100 percent the man. Love that guy. He teaches in such an awesome way where he’ll let you go out there and make a mistake and not rip you for that mistake unless you go out there and do it again."

VonDoom
07-18-2019, 01:44 PM
https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/1151921210256777216?s=20

Spiritguy
07-18-2019, 01:55 PM
https://twitter.com/RyanKoenigsberg/status/1151893422950748160 Nice way to start camp. :D

Denver Native (Carol)
07-18-2019, 02:05 PM
Mike Klis
‏Verified account @MikeKlis
14m14 minutes ago

Starting ILB Todd Davis is getting additional tests (X-ray, MRI) on injured right ankle/foot. Suffered injury late in first practice today. #9sports

Mike Klis
33m33 minutes ago

In the end, Drew Lock took control of his negotiations: "I told my agency beforehand that if it got to the point where I was missing practice, there was no chance we were going to go on with it.'' He made up conditioning. "Missing anything else is not who I am." #9sports

Mike Klis
41m41 minutes ago

Lock asked what is "QB premium"? "I'm sure (agents) Tommy, Tom, Jimmy have a good idea of what a QB premium is. I'm not 100% sure but that's what they were talking about. When it was time to practice, the QB premium I didn't know much about got thrown out the window.'' #9sports

Mike Klis
51m51 minutes ago

Drew Lock said he told his agents that if it came down to it with contract negotiations he would not miss practice. #9sports

Spiritguy
07-18-2019, 02:12 PM
Day 1. 34.50 run time Their media folks are having a day 1 type experience too. hahahaha first 14 minutes or so is misc video with occasional audio.

EDIT: Broncos took down the video. I can understand why. It wasn't very good. Looked like someone in the media group just dumped on YT without any editing at it showed.

BeefStew25
07-18-2019, 02:23 PM
Was there any hail? Anyone?

BroncoWave
07-18-2019, 02:43 PM
https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/1151921210256777216?s=20

Love it. He's leaps and bounds ahead of PL already.

slim
07-18-2019, 02:46 PM
Sold.

He is the anti-Thom

BeefStew25
07-18-2019, 02:51 PM
He is the anti-Thom

Thom is truly the worlds best system QB.

TXBRONC
07-18-2019, 03:48 PM
I hope Lock develops into a great quarterback.

BeefStew25
07-18-2019, 04:12 PM
I hope Lock develops into a great quarterback.

Jaded doesn’t.

Poet
07-18-2019, 04:13 PM
Love it. He's leaps and bounds ahead of PL already.

It's incredible what giving a damn will do.

WE RIDE!

Tned
07-18-2019, 04:20 PM

lol, Hail watch has begun....

NightTerror218
07-18-2019, 04:29 PM
Footballs back, yay!!!!

BeefStew25
07-18-2019, 04:41 PM

I asked her

Simple Jaded
07-18-2019, 05:06 PM
Anybody else hoping it hails like a mother******?

Simple Jaded
07-18-2019, 05:15 PM
Jaded doesn’t.

I just don’t like his attitude, he doesn’t have “It”, measurables don’t mean shit if you ain’t got that “It”.

I wish he was more like TT, TS and CK.

Nomad
07-18-2019, 05:16 PM
Footballs back, yay!!!!

This is what I'm talking about. I'm ready for this year. Broncos gonna punch dem mf in da mouf, and get wins.

As always.....Thanks, VonDoom, for the updates.

Shazam!
07-18-2019, 05:20 PM
Jaded doesn’t.

I just don’t like his attitude, he doesn’t have “It”, measurables don’t mean shit if you ain’t got that “It”.

I wish he was more like TT, TS and CK.

Locks attitude?

BeefStew25
07-18-2019, 05:22 PM
Anybody else hoping it hails like a mother******?

Yes. Then I’ll ask if that’s why they built the bubble.

Simple Jaded
07-18-2019, 05:29 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001036149/article/elway-thinks-flacco-lock-will-solve-qb-struggles

Simple Jaded
07-18-2019, 05:31 PM
Locks attitude?

Yeah, I’m all about “It”.

Shazam!
07-18-2019, 05:34 PM
Locks attitude?

Yeah, I’m all about “It”.

Does Flacco have it

Nomad
07-18-2019, 05:36 PM
Does Flacco have it

Flacco will have his second coming. #embracethewins

Shazam!
07-18-2019, 06:13 PM
Does Flacco have it

Flacco will have his second coming. #embracethewins

He will not be the first QB to rejuvenate his career and shine at his 2nd stop.

VonDoom
07-18-2019, 06:15 PM
https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1151990251352498176?s=21

VonDoom
07-18-2019, 06:45 PM
https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1151996061344342016?s=21

Spiritguy
07-18-2019, 07:57 PM
Posted this earlier but the Broncos took it down to "fix it". :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPGf_iWm7wo

A bit more of the actual action from camp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1tbWRGkQDE

spikerman
07-18-2019, 08:42 PM
Anybody going to the stadium practice? I’m going.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-18-2019, 09:18 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The loudest and most consistent cheers from the fans gathered on the west hillside at UCHealth Training Center for the Broncos' first training-camp practice of 2019 were for running back Phillip Lindsay. Even his mundane moments elicited applause.

Such is life as one of the most beloved players on the team by fans, some of whom have watched him since high school. Every step he takes draws attention. Thursday, those steps were worthy of the fans' focus because he quivered with energy, finally released after being bottled up for nearly seven months since his Dec. 24 wrist injury.

"Phillip, he’s like one of my kids. I don’t know where he gets all the energy, but he has it 24/7," quarterback Joe Flacco said. "I think in individual [period] I turned around to hand him off on one of the wide zone plays and I barely got to him. All the other guys, they track a little bit different, but he’s a little amped up for getting out here [for] the first time."

rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/broncos-training-camp-day-1-phillip-lindsay-turns-heads

BeefStew25
07-18-2019, 09:22 PM
So no hail?

Hawgdriver
07-18-2019, 09:27 PM
rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/broncos-training-camp-day-1-phillip-lindsay-turns-heads

they track a little bit different, but he’s a little amped up for getting out here [for] the first time."

I think Lindsay is just like that all the time. He's never going to coast.

BeefStew25
07-18-2019, 10:13 PM
I think Lindsay is just like that all the time. He's never going to coast.

At first I thought you meant Lindsay Jones and I was going to fly out and fight you then buy you a beer.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-18-2019, 10:35 PM
Flacco feels 'energy' and 'excitement' about new start with Broncos

Joe Flacco talks about the Broncos' offensive scheme and how he feels starting the season with a new team.
https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/flacco-feels-energy-and-excitement-about-new-start-with-broncos

Fangio: Phillip Lindsay looked good on Day 1, has no limitations

Head Coach Vic Fangio updates the health status of Phillip Lindsay and Emmanuel Sanders, and he talks about what he saw from the Broncos' quarterbacks on Day 1 of training camp.
https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/fangio-phillip-lindsay-looked-good-on-day-1-has-no-limitations

BeefStew25
07-18-2019, 10:44 PM
Www.denverbroncos.com

Hawgdriver
07-18-2019, 10:58 PM
At first I thought you meant Lindsay Jones and I was going to fly out and fight you then buy you a beer.

I would know her in the Biblical sense if possible.

BeefStew25
07-18-2019, 10:59 PM
I would know her in the Biblical sense if possible.

I wouldn’t let you.

Hawgdriver
07-18-2019, 11:01 PM
I wouldn’t let you.

My knowledge chafes at bounds.

BeefStew25
07-18-2019, 11:02 PM
My knowledge chafes at bounds.

That’s why I’d be your body man.

TXBRONC
07-19-2019, 08:27 AM
Jaded doesn’t.

Well that's Jaded.

Rick
07-19-2019, 11:00 AM
I really like Lock (the person). Love his attitude, every time he speaks. Great kid.

To be determined how much I will like Lock (the player), have to see him in an actual game against NFL players, but the person...great kid.

VonDoom
07-19-2019, 12:55 PM
Here’s Fangio from today:

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 8m8 minutes ago
Vic Fangio asked they’ve thought about bringing in another ILB in the wake of Todd Davis’ injury: “Not yet. There’s not a lot of them out there now.” Said they will rotate the reserves to fill his spot. Alexander Johnson got the nod today.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 6m6 minutes ago
Vic Fangio said they’ve not yet decided how they will divvy up playing time/starts in preseason for the backup QBs.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago
Asked Fangio about his confidence in the O-line’s depth. Said they could keep “8, 9, 10” linemen depending on how the roaster shakes out, but “they’re looking for those guys” behind the starting five. Message to the reserves to prove themselves ...

#Broncos Fangio played along with my question about him rocking the sweatshirt. “I am not only guy wearing long sleeves. ... I wear sweatshirt now to hide my gut.” #Denver7

Fangio doesn’t like music at practice. “I don’t like to have to yell to a player who is standing as close as you are.”

Fangio on Bryce Callahan: “He played nickel for us (in Chicago), but he can also play corner. And he may end up being a corner here.”

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 37s38 seconds ago
Fangio trying to describe the development Drew Lock needs to show: “He’s not a quarterback yet. He’s a hard-throwing pitcher that doesn’t know how to pitch yet.”

Nomad
07-19-2019, 01:01 PM
I'm hoping to go to the preseason game here in Seattle. It's on a Thursday night.

Nomad
07-19-2019, 01:20 PM
I really like Lock (the person). Love his attitude, every time he speaks. Great kid.

To be determined how much I will like Lock (the player), have to see him in an actual game against NFL players, but the person...great kid.

I like Lock, too. He would have been a reach at 11, but Elway did a fine job in the draft. I'm excited to watch Flacco, and Lock.

BeefStew25
07-19-2019, 01:27 PM
Was there any hail?

Nomad
07-19-2019, 01:28 PM
Was there any hail?

Maybe.

Tned
07-19-2019, 03:15 PM

I'm hoping with Flacco being an old, decrepit veteran, and the Broncos having five preseason games, that we will see a lot of Lock in preseason. Not quite as good as seeing him in a regular season game, but hopefully we see a lot of preseason snaps.

Spiritguy
07-19-2019, 05:23 PM
Fant starting to show his potential.

https://twitter.com/RyanKoenigsberg/status/1152253668105826304

VonDoom
07-19-2019, 07:04 PM
https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1152359233150578688?s=21

Denver Native (Carol)
07-20-2019, 09:47 AM
Mike Klis
15h15 hours ago

Mike Shanahan will be at Broncos camp tomorrow: "I talked to Vic and John and made sure it was OK to come out on a Saturday. I’m looking forward to going back. You forget it’s been 11 yrs since you’ve been out there. I actually haven’t been through the new facility.’’ #9sports

Denver Native (Carol)
07-20-2019, 10:01 AM
Mike Klis
11m11 minutes ago

After two WRs (Burbridge, Guerrier) hung em up in past two days, Broncos held a tryout for multiple players this morning. Should be signing one soon. #9sports

VonDoom
07-20-2019, 10:34 AM
Mike Klis
11m11 minutes ago

After two WRs (Burbridge, Guerrier) hung em up in past two days, Broncos held a tryout for multiple players this morning. Should be signing one soon. #9sports

Troy Renck
‏Verified account @TroyRenck
24m24 minutes ago

#Broncos lost a few receivers last few days who decided to leave camp.. They will sign Jamarius Way and he's expected to be on practice field today. #Denver7

MOtorboat
07-20-2019, 10:50 AM
Burbridge is injury-related. He was a really good receiver at Michigan State. I don’t know anything about the other one.

Shazam!
07-20-2019, 11:00 AM
Mike Klis
11m11 minutes ago

That is just pathetic.

Tned
07-20-2019, 12:16 PM
I'm just checking out the thread due to Hail Watch 2019.

TXBRONC
07-20-2019, 12:19 PM
That is just pathetic.

Could you fill this in a little more Shaz, what exactly do you find pathetic?

Tned
07-20-2019, 12:20 PM
Could you fill this in a little more Shaz, what exactly do you find pathetic?

That at this point of the year the Broncos are so thin at WR that they are having to hold tryouts. That's my take on what he meant.

TXBRONC
07-20-2019, 12:28 PM
That at this point of the year the Broncos are so thin at WR that they are having to hold tryouts. That's my take on what he meant.

There was like ten of them in camp before these two guys retired. Granted Sanders is the only one with significant accomplishments but other than that I don't think Denver is lacking talent at the position.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-20-2019, 12:47 PM
Mike Klis
14h14 hours ago

Classy of Broncos GM John Elway to have face-to-face private office visit this morning with Guerrier, who wants to pursue career closer to his college degree. #9sports

Mike Klis
14h14 hours ago

Said agent Sean Russi to 9News: “This is something Romell has thought about since he ended OTAs. It’s something he’s discussed with his family. He’s seeking something in his degree background and he just wants to thank the Broncos for the opportunity.’’ #9sports

Broncos receiver Romell Guerrier decides to retire
https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/broncos-receiver-romell-guerrier-decides-to-retire/73-c72db543-5bc9-4dfa-b52c-4b6b6b4eca27

Denver Native (Carol)
07-20-2019, 01:16 PM
Mike Klis
25m25 minutes ago

River Cracraft muscle injury — out a week or so. Fumagalli has hip injury. #9sports

Mike Klis
32m32 minutes ago

River Cracraft appeared to pull up with injury while catching punts at end of practice yesterday. #9sports

Davii
07-20-2019, 03:50 PM
Love seeing Shanny back around the facility. Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see him in an advisory role

VonDoom
07-20-2019, 04:47 PM
https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/1152653429950599168

Denver Native (Carol)
07-20-2019, 05:07 PM
Denver Broncos
‏Verified account @Broncos
11m11 minutes ago

#BroncosCamp.
Tomorrow.
Wear purple.
Help us #EndALZ.

dogfish
07-20-2019, 10:35 PM
I'm just checking out the thread due to Hail Watch 2019.

you think we should start a separate TC meteorology thread?

Tned
07-20-2019, 11:49 PM
you think we should start a separate TC meteorology thread?

Hailgate 2019: The true story behind the afternoon practices....

Hawgdriver
07-21-2019, 12:25 AM
It would be difficult to arrange, but we could crash training camp with snazzy orange and blue kevlar umbrellas...and Philip Lindsay as Flash Gordon outrunning Hot Hail...or something

Spiritguy
07-21-2019, 11:23 AM
Mcmanus taking it to the house! :shocked: :lol:

https://twitter.com/RyanCBS4/status/1152975431911583747

spikerman
07-21-2019, 04:21 PM
Mcmanus taking it to the house! :shocked: :lol:

https://twitter.com/RyanCBS4/status/1152975431911583747

I would’ve thrown a Delay of Game flag on him during the return based on his speed.

Poet
07-21-2019, 04:39 PM
I would’ve thrown a Delay of Game flag on him during the return based on his speed.

Savage. :lol:

spikerman
07-21-2019, 04:44 PM
Savage. :lol:
I have it on good authority that I’m an ass.

Poet
07-21-2019, 04:47 PM
I have it on good authority that I’m an ass.

I literally laughed out loud at that comment.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-22-2019, 09:30 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — All this fret about whether Phillip Lindsay should get the ball less this year as a way to preserve his smallish body.

New Broncos’ offensive coordinator Rich Scangarello dropped hint Sunday that suggested Lindsay might get more touches through the passing game.

The 5-foot-7 ¼ Lindsay was seen splitting out wide and matched up by various linebackers several times during 11 on 11 team periods Sunday.

"One of the great things about coming to Denver that really excited me from the day I walked in the door is there are very few players in the league like Phillip that have the ability to win in a one-on-one matchup at any time," Scangarello said. "I think the easiest matchup to create in the NFL is the halfback on a linebacker. That's what we try to do in this offense a lot, and I think he has that gift and that ability and those traits."

rest - https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/broncos-notebook-lindsay-could-be-bigger-weapon-as-receiver-this-year/73-8313c643-9a90-408e-b511-a75c5d86f722

Davii
07-22-2019, 10:42 AM
rest - https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/broncos-notebook-lindsay-could-be-bigger-weapon-as-receiver-this-year/73-8313c643-9a90-408e-b511-a75c5d86f722

That's exciting. We were literally BEGGING for this to happen last year.

MOtorboat
07-22-2019, 01:07 PM
Looks like Jake Butt might have had another setback. It really is disappointing, I felt like he could really make an impact coming out of college.

Davii
07-22-2019, 01:13 PM
Looks like Jake Butt might have had another setback. It really is disappointing, I felt like he could really make an impact coming out of college.

Crap. How bad? With as many as he's had it might be it for him if he has another lost season.

MOtorboat
07-22-2019, 01:17 PM
Crap. How bad? With as many as he's had it might be it for him if he has another lost season.

Not sure. Held out of practice today. Off day tomorrow, will be re-evaluated Wednesday.

https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1153364375329071106?s=21

Fangio said it wasn’t serious, apparently, but the guy has had how many ACL surgeries?

Nomad
07-22-2019, 01:19 PM
I have very little optimism that Jake Butt is going to be very productive for the Broncos, or the rest of his football career.

Davii
07-22-2019, 01:21 PM
Not sure. Held out of practice today. Off day tomorrow, will be re-evaluated Wednesday.

https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1153364375329071106?s=21

Fangio said it wasn’t serious, apparently, but the guy has had how many ACL surgeries?

Too many.

BroncoWave
07-22-2019, 01:40 PM
Butt was a later round flier, so while it would suck to see him never be healthy enough to play, it was still worth the risk for his talent where we took him.

MOtorboat
07-22-2019, 01:45 PM
Butt was a later round flier, so while it would suck to see him never be healthy enough to play, it was still worth the risk for his talent where we took him.

Oh certainly. I watched him walk all over the Big Ten West for a couple seasons and was really hoping he could translate that to the NFL when Denver drafted him. Especially now with Flacco. That all said, maybe they are just easing him in and maybe he’s ready to go now, and he realizes his potential with a quarterback known for absolutely loving tight ends.

#teammakethetightendaweaponagain

dogfish
07-22-2019, 01:55 PM
not gonna read much into a practice session if coach fangio said it wasn't serious, but yea. . . it certainly does seem like the odds are against J-booty ever staying healthy long enough to make a real impact. . . too bad, because the talent is there. . . at least we've got a fresh pair of legs ahead of him at the position now, and not just IRmann. . .

Denver Native (Carol)
07-22-2019, 02:19 PM
Troy Renck
4h4 hours ago

#Broncos Jake Butt not practicing. Part of plan with longer training camp as he works way back from knee surgery. #Denver7

Buff
07-22-2019, 02:25 PM
I'm sure someone posted this somewhere - but Peter King's writeup about Von and the new staff is good:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/22/nfl-training-camp-tour-james-holzhauer-fmia-peter-king/#camp-stop-denver

slim
07-22-2019, 02:30 PM
I'm sure someone posted this somewhere - but Peter King's writeup about Von and the new staff is good:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/22/nfl-training-camp-tour-james-holzhauer-fmia-peter-king/#camp-stop-denver

https://www.nj.com/giants/2019/06/chip-on-cody-latimers-shoulder-is-fueling-return-to-giants-after-adversity-filled-2018.html

Buff
07-22-2019, 02:33 PM
https://www.nj.com/giants/2019/06/chip-on-cody-latimers-shoulder-is-fueling-return-to-giants-after-adversity-filled-2018.html

OMG inject this into my veins I can never get enough of these.

Hawgdriver
07-22-2019, 02:40 PM

https://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/gettyimages-1162822271.jpg

Denver Native (Carol)
07-22-2019, 04:52 PM
Fangio on longer practices: 'Only way to get better'
Head Coach Vic Fangio talks about why he likes to have longer practices than the Broncos have had in the past.
https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/fangio-on-longer-practices-only-way-to-get-better

Lindsay looking to prove himself again as training camp continues
Running back Phillip Lindsay talks about how his wrist is feeling through five practices of training camp and explains how he remains motivated.
https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/lindsay-looking-to-prove-himself-again-as-training-camp-continues

Gotsis: Several young players impressive early in training camp
Defensive end Adam Gotsis talks about how the defensive line has looked through five days of practice and identifies several young players who have stood out.
https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/gotsis-several-young-players-impressive-early-in-training-camp

tomjonesrocks
07-22-2019, 05:24 PM
The Broncos are on NFL Network's Inside Training Camp Live right now (3:22p PT) - it's been good. Looks like it's going to be a full hour. Have talked to Flacco, Lindsay, Elway, Fangio so far.

TD is hosting while sitting in shorts - he still looks like he could push the chair aside and rush for 1,000 if he felt like it.

Thought maybe some of you could set the DVR in time.

BeefStew25
07-22-2019, 06:59 PM
Fangio is John Fox 2.0 and it’s great.

Cugel
07-23-2019, 10:56 AM
Mark Schlereth was at practice yesterday and was commenting on how Garrett Bolles got spun around and lost his guy, . . . . and wrapped up Joe Flacco. :rolleyes:

Like last season when he would get beat regularly and resort to desperate obvious tackling of the defender to keep him off the QB. This time, he got turned around in practice and didn't realize that the guy he was desperately tackling to keep a defender off Joe Flacco, was . . . Joe Flacco. (I imagine Bolles didn't body slam Flacco, but still. . . )

Right now, it's looking like Elijah Wilkinson is going to be the starting LT ahead of Bolles, but it's early yet and we'll see how good a coach Mike Munchak really is. If he can get Bolles straightened out, well and good. If not, then Wilkinson is your starting LT.

underrated29
07-23-2019, 11:00 AM
Mark Schlereth was at practice yesterday and was commenting on how Garrett Bolles got spun around and lost his guy, . . . . and wrapped up Joe Flacco. :rolleyes:

Like last season when he would get beat regularly and resort to desperate obvious tackling of the defender to keep him off the QB. This time, he got turned around in practice and didn't realize that the guy he was desperately tackling to keep a defender off Joe Flacco, was . . . Joe Flacco. (I imagine Bolles didn't body slam Flacco, but still. . . )

Right now, it's looking like Elijah Wilkinson is going to be the starting LT ahead of Bolles, but it's early yet and we'll see how good a coach Mike Munchak really is. If he can get Bolles straightened out, well and good. If not, then Wilkinson is your starting LT.

No its not. Bolles is the starting LT. Elijah is not looking to be anything ahead of bolles.

Buff
07-23-2019, 11:58 AM
No its not. Bolles is the starting LT. Elijah is not looking to be anything ahead of bolles.

Nevertheless it's worth noting that our 1st round pick LT who is coming into his 3rd season is probably closer to being beat out by an undrafted practice squader than he is to making a pro bowl... Dude needs to make huge strides this year - not exactly encouraged by the first week of camp where his coach is singling out his backup with praise -- keeping in mind that it's only the first week of camp.

underrated29
07-23-2019, 12:29 PM
Nevertheless it's worth noting that our 1st round pick LT who is coming into his 3rd season is probably closer to being beat out by an undrafted practice squader than he is to making a pro bowl... Dude needs to make huge strides this year - not exactly encouraged by the first week of camp where his coach is singling out his backup with praise -- keeping in mind that it's only the first week of camp.

I was just discussing with another the possibility that when leary is gone, retires, whatever, that we slide bolles into RG. He is a mauler in the run game.

UnderArmour
07-23-2019, 12:37 PM

I take everything Schlereth says, especially in regards to Bolles, with a grain of salt. Schlereth regularly trashes the Denver O-line, and it's not like they've really done anything to prove him wrong since Ryan Clady tore his ACL. Like most ESPN personalities, Schlereth has gone down the path of "hot-take artist", continually throwing crap against the wall hoping something sticks, and to his credit, a lot has.

Bolles will definitely be the starter.

BroncoWave
07-23-2019, 12:41 PM
Schlereth has basically been a hot take guy since his first day at ESPN. I've never really taken much he says seriously.

Shazam!
07-23-2019, 01:27 PM
Schlereth regularly trashes the OLine because theyve shown more of being trash than even slightly-better-than-mediocre as a group. Bolles may be getting his last shot.

He'll get beat out first before they Start him this year just because he was a first rounder if he is still awful and has shown no improvement.

I actually thought the second half of the year he showed improvement, but it doesn't seem that way.

dogfish
07-23-2019, 01:27 PM
munchak is a great teacher, but we should probably give him more than a week. . .

broncos forum: "but i want it now!!!"

Shazam!
07-23-2019, 01:37 PM
munchak is a great teacher, but we should probably give him more than a week. . .

broncos forum: "but i want it now!!!"

...well thats totally desperate but absolutely correct. Im just listening to early reports from camp and not putting any stock into it at all.

Cugel
07-23-2019, 01:42 PM
Bolles was horrible last year and nearly led the league in penalties. Will he be better in his third year? Maybe. That's been the hope.

The reporters commenting on the first week of practice have noted that Bolles is still basically sucking.

Does this mean he's toast? Of course not. He's the favorite to start. They want him to start.

But, Muchak is absolutely no-nonsense. Same for Fangio. If Bolles isn't doing his job the way they hope and expect he will will NOT start. Someone else will start.

Wilkinson has impressed so far in camp. He's the swing tackle. If Bolles doesn't start, Wilkinson will. THis is all simple logic.

Hopefully, Bolles gets better over the course of the pre-season and is the day 1 starter. But, it's not looking good in the first week.

This is a thread on training camp. What's going on. Well, what's going on is that Bolles apparently hasn't gotten a lot better so far. That's all.

Don't read too much into it "Bolles is doomed!" But, don't read NOTHING into it either. Stuff is happening, and so far, not great. That's all.

Freyaka
07-23-2019, 01:44 PM
Fangio is John Fox 2.0 and it’s great.

John Fox without the losers mentality?

Cugel
07-23-2019, 01:46 PM
Schlereth regularly trashes the OLine because theyve shown more of being trash than even slightly-better-than-mediocre as a group. Bolles may be getting his last shot.

He'll get beat out first before they Start him this year just because he was a first rounder if he is still awful and has shown no improvement.

I actually thought the second half of the year he showed improvement, but it doesn't seem that way.

This is basically right. Munchak and Fangio had no part of drafting Bolles. They don't care about him at all. They want guys in there who do their jobs.

Bolles has lots of athleticism, but terrible technique. That won't cut it in the NFL.
That's all we can say so far.

Bolles current grade: Incomplete.

BeefStew25
07-23-2019, 01:48 PM
John Fox without the losers mentality?

Glance at his broncos resume and self reflect.

BroncoWave
07-23-2019, 01:52 PM

I'll never forgive Fox for the 2012 divisional game not giving Manning a chance to win it in regulation. I blame him more than Rahim. He was at least trying to make a play.

dogfish
07-23-2019, 01:54 PM

it's not too shabby. . .

BeefStew25
07-23-2019, 02:19 PM
I'll never forgive Fox for the 2012 divisional game not giving Manning a chance to win it in regulation. I blame him more than Rahim. He was at least trying to make a play.

That was actually champs fault.

VonDoom
07-23-2019, 02:30 PM
https://twitter.com/kylefredrickson/status/1153741369669611520?s=21

BroncoWave
07-23-2019, 02:47 PM
That was actually champs fault.

I can forgive a player on the field making a bad play. It happens. A coach sitting on the ball when your record setting QB has the ball and time to get it in FG range is just inexcusable.

UnderArmour
07-23-2019, 03:38 PM

He might be the only coach in NFL history to win a division every year with a franchise, but still get fired.

Shazam!
07-23-2019, 03:57 PM
I have fond memories of Fox helping return this Franchise around after McD, but VJ was far worse of a coach.

BroncoWave
07-23-2019, 04:03 PM
He might be the only coach in NFL history to win a division every year with a franchise, but still get fired.

And the fact that they fired him in spite of that should tell you something.

SR
07-23-2019, 04:24 PM

Kubiak is another example of a horrible head coach that probably should've been fired but being part of the GOBC helped him out.

Poet
07-23-2019, 04:27 PM

There were reports he was looking at Chicago's job before the playoff game. I don't know if those were true or not. I do know that the tail end of his time in Carolina wasn't hot. I know he tanked in Chicago, but he did have to rebuild that roster, which I'll give him that.

Fox is/was an above average coach. I think he helped the franchise turn it around. But he was a poor man's Marty Shotgun.

BroncoJoe
07-23-2019, 04:28 PM
Kubiak is another example of a horrible head coach that probably should've been fired but being part of the GOBC helped him out.

:confused:

I feel like he handled the QB situation beautifully, and won a SB in the process.

WTF is GOBC?

Shazam!
07-23-2019, 04:29 PM

Really SR really c'mon now bro. He did nothing but win here for two years 2016 was excellent in comparison for the Lost Years. Even with Denver QBs in 17x18 no friggin way Broncos woulda been VJ bad even with just Siemien.

Shazam!
07-23-2019, 04:30 PM

There were reports he was looking at Chicago's job before the playoff game. I don't know if those were true or not. I do know that the tail end of his time in Carolina wasn't hot. I know he tanked in Chicago, but he did have to rebuild that roster, which I'll give him that.

Fox is/was an above average coach. I think he helped the franchise turn it around. But he was a poor man's Marty Shotgun.

I don't think weve seen the last of him in the sidelines.

BroncoWave
07-23-2019, 04:31 PM
Moral of the story, I'd be really disappointed if Fangio is just another Fox. I don't want him to rebuild then flame out in 4 years. I want him to be here for the next 10+ years and make us a perineal title contender.

Shazam!

I feel like he handled the QB situation beautifully, and won a SB in the process.

WTF is GOCB?

He meant the Good Ole Boys Club... For the Broncos.

Poet
Really SR really c'mon now bro. He did nothing but win here for two years 2016 was excellent in comparison for the Lost Years. Even with Denver QBs in 17x18 no friggin way Broncos woulda been VJ bad even with just Siemien.

If you give VJ PFM capable of throwing the ball...he'd have won 12 games.

SR
07-23-2019, 04:33 PM

WTF is GOCB?

I feel like what he was trying to do with an old and hobbled Peyton Manning was sacrilegious. Kubiak is an awful head coach. Sure, he was on a Super Bowl winning team as the HC, but Wade Phillips had more to do with Denver winning the Super Bowl than Kubiak.

Shazam!
07-23-2019, 04:34 PM

But Kubiak got a PFM at his worst with 150k on the speedometer with a broken timing belt and blown heads. He even beat NE with Osweiler.

Im just saying.

SR
07-23-2019, 04:37 PM

He made questionable decision after questionable decision with the offense for two years. He tried to get Peyton to run a fricken play action bootleg style offense for Pete's sake.

SR
07-23-2019, 04:38 PM
But Kubiak got a PFM at his worst with 150k on the speedometer with a broken timing belt and blown heads. He even beat NE with Osweiler.

Im just saying.

A) You don't "blow heads". Well, maybe you do, but cars don't.

2) I could've gotten out of Peyton Manning what Kubiak got out of Peyton Manning. Peyton didn't need a coach to bring anything out of him. If anything, what Kubiak tried to do with Peyton was counterproductive to what made Peyton one of the greatest football players ever.

BroncoJoe
07-23-2019, 04:39 PM
I feel like what he was trying to do with an old and hobbled Peyton Manning was sacrilegious. Kubiak is an awful head coach. Sure, he was on a Super Bowl winning team as the HC, but Wade Phillips had more to do with Denver winning the Super Bowl than Kubiak.

Yeah, we'll have to agree to disagree. Manning was horrible that year and he forced him to sit and play Brock.

Shazam!
07-23-2019, 04:41 PM

He made questionable decision after questionable decision with the offense for two years. He tried to get Peyton to run a fricken play action bootleg style offense for Pete's sake.

I think he was trying to get the most out of a QB who could barely throw the ball and push it downfield. He wanted to be more dedicated to running the Ball and have opposing DCs actually reapect their run game. His decline was obvious in 2014. No way he coulda had success like the 2013 offense, this broken down Manning wasnt even close to that.

BroncoJoe
07-23-2019, 04:42 PM
9 TD's vs 17 INT's. Average INT rate of 5.1% vs attempts. By far, the worst of his career (rookie season was 4.9). I guess (maybe) you could blame that on coaching, but everyone could see he wasn't right.

BroncoJoe
07-23-2019, 04:43 PM
I think he was trying to get the most out of a QB who could barely throw the ball and push it downfield. He wanted to be more dedicated to running the Ball and have opposing DCs actually reapect their run game. His decline was obvious in 2014. No way he coulda had success like the 2013 offense, this broken down Manning wasnt even close to that.

He was on pace to throw for above his average attempts before he was benched due to injury.

Dude wasn't right, and Kubiak had the balls to sit down a future HOF'er.

Shazam!
07-23-2019, 04:46 PM

Im just saying.

A) You don't "blow heads". Well, maybe you do, but cars don't.

2) I could've gotten out of Peyton Manning what Kubiak got out of Peyton Manning. Peyton didn't need a coach to bring anything out of him. If anything, what Kubiak tried to do with Peyton was counterproductive to what made Peyton one of the greatest football players ever.

Absolutely you can warp heads bro.

Timmy!
07-23-2019, 07:08 PM
Kubes.is a good coach.

NightTerror218
07-23-2019, 11:39 PM
Moral of the story, I'd be really disappointed if Fangio is just another Fox. I don't want him to rebuild then flame out in 4 years. I want him to be here for the next 10+ years and make us a perineal title contender.

There was McCoy factor too

dogfish
07-23-2019, 11:44 PM
get some, bitches!!

Poet
07-24-2019, 11:34 AM
I love Wade Phillips.

Shazam!
07-24-2019, 01:31 PM
I love Wade Phillips.

I love him too. Now love Fangio.

Poet
07-24-2019, 01:35 PM
I love him too. Now love Fangio.

I mean I love all Broncos, but you're not my supervisor.

MOtorboat
07-24-2019, 01:45 PM
I think it’s a good sign that the last two pages of this thread have been about previous coaches. It means there are no injury storylines to discuss.

Shazam!
07-24-2019, 01:49 PM
I think it’s a good sign that the last two pages of this thread have been about previous coaches. It means there are no injury storylines to discuss.

Great but you just put the jinx on it.

underrated29
07-24-2019, 01:58 PM
Yeah....Not a cool move MOseph. Like a goalie working on a shutout in hockey. Or Lord Voldemort. You do not make mention of it.

MOtorboat
07-24-2019, 02:00 PM
Yeah....Not a cool move MOseph. Like a goalie working on a shutout in hockey. Or Lord Voldemort. You do not make mention of it.

This is false. There have already been injuries. There’s no shut out to preserve.

BroncoWave
07-24-2019, 02:04 PM
Jinxes aren't real you losers!

Cugel
07-24-2019, 02:09 PM

Im just saying.

Kubiak and Manning didn't mesh at all. It was oil and water. First, Manning was actually interested in going to Houston in 2012 but Kubiak didn't really want him (he didn't want to run Peyton's system), and he had Matt Shaub. :rolleyes:

Kubiak poured water on any Peyton signing and he came to Denver instead.

Enter Kubiak 2015. Manning really didn't have much leverage because of his torn tendon in his foot. There was no way he should have played the 2015 season. So Kubiak ran his system and we witnessed the whole awkward "Manning under center in the Kubiak system." It was not a great fit, but both men were professionals and made it work.

We could all see it: Manning couldn't throw 15 yards with any pace on the ball. So, Kubiak was forced to bench Manning. Manning was not pleased and expressed his displeasure directly to Kubiak while he was working on his rehab and Osweiler was starting 7 games. Kubiak handled it without causing a blow up.

Then Osweiler blew his lunch when Kubiak brought Manning back and named him the starter in the playoffs. Shouting match (all this stuff later leaked out and was reported on the radio).

Kubiak handled that too. He kept everybody focused on winning. It was an incredible coaching performance, helped by the fact that Manning was such a leader on the field and they had HOF DeMarcus Ware as a coach on the field and team leader for the defense too.

Despite the way it ended for Kubiak he deserves a ton of credit for managing all the egos on that 2015 roster. We all saw what happened when he left and Aquib Talib basically gave the middle finger to Vance Joseph.

In fairness, I gave the middle finger to VJ on more than 1 occasion, but then I wasn't being paid millions of $ by the team. :coffee:

underrated29
07-24-2019, 02:28 PM
This is false. There have already been injuries. There’s no shut out to preserve.

Jinxes aren't real you losers!

Can we ban these two chumps?! Davii, get in here now before these two......im too scared to type it. Shut up you villains!

SR
07-24-2019, 03:19 PM
Yeah, we'll have to agree to disagree. Manning was horrible that year and he forced him to sit and play Brock.

He was horrible? Or he had a Lisfranc injury? Maybe my memory is wrong.

SR
07-24-2019, 03:20 PM

Heads can warp, sure, but they don't "blow". Head GASKETS blow. I'm not sure I'm the guy you want to get in to an argument about engines with. Just sayin'.

Shazam!
07-24-2019, 04:15 PM

Heads can warp, sure, but they don't "blow". Head GASKETS blow. I'm not sure I'm the guy you want to get in to an argument about engines with. Just sayin'.

Im not arguing. But a *warped head is considered blown isnt it because it needs replacement?

BroncoJoe
07-24-2019, 04:15 PM
He was horrible? Or he had a Lisfranc injury? Maybe my memory is wrong.

Both?

SR
07-24-2019, 04:24 PM
Both?

Well, I mean one because of the other...

Maybe it was those stupid play action rollouts that screwed up his foot?

SR
07-24-2019, 04:28 PM
Im not arguing. But a *warped head is considered blown isnt it because it needs replacement?

I mean, if you want to argue semantics...no...a warped head, depending on how badly warped the deck is, can be "decked" and re-installed. The problem therein would be doing that could create other issues like increased compression on one cylinder bank (if a V engine) or issues with piston-to-valve clearance. You've got other problems if you're warping a head though. They don't just warp on their own unless there are other issues, especially not cast iron heads. Most aluminum heads are on OHC engines, most of the time with DOHC, and the heads are so big and have so much deck contact that it's nearly impossible to warp them. Also, aluminum dissipates heat faster than nearly every other metal, so they'd have to get SUPER hot SUPER fast to warp.

BroncoJoe
07-24-2019, 04:28 PM
Well, I mean one because of the other...

Maybe it was those stupid play action rollouts that screwed up his foot?

Age.

Shazam!
07-24-2019, 04:34 PM

I mean, if you want to argue semantics...no...a warped head, depending on how badly warped the deck is, can be "decked" and re-installed. The problem therein would be doing that could create other issues like increased compression on one cylinder bank (if a V engine) or issues with piston-to-valve clearance. You've got other problems if you're warping a head though. They don't just warp on their own unless there are other issues, especially not cast iron heads. Most aluminum heads are on OHC engines, most of the time with DOHC, and the heads are so big and have so much deck contact that it's nearly impossible to warp them. Also, aluminum dissipates heat faster than nearly every other metal, so they'd have to get SUPER hot SUPER fast to warp.

Pretty much only way head can be warprd is severe overheating... Hence replacement... Hence blown head.

SR
07-24-2019, 04:35 PM
Pretty much only way head can be warprd is severe overheating... Hence replacement... Hence blown head.

You're a blown head.

I've seen heads warp also because of improperly torqued head bolts and head bolts that were torqued out of sequence, but that's human error more so than mechanical fault.

SR
07-24-2019, 04:39 PM
Age.

Look, my point is that Kubiak's ego got in the way of Peyton Manning being Peyton Manning. Good coaches coach to the strength of their players. Good coaches don't come in to a team like Denver with Peyton and try to implement their system just because it's their system. I'm aware of the fact that I might be coming across as ungrateful because Denver won a Super Bowl with Kubiak as head coach, but I will always maintain that Denver winning the Super Bowl was 70/30 in favor of Wade Phillips in terms of coaches that had to do with the win. If Denver would've been doing with that defense what they were doing with Adam Gase's offense, in hindsight, it would've been the best team to ever hit the field.

UnderArmour
07-24-2019, 04:58 PM
Look, my point is that Kubiak's ego got in the way of Peyton Manning being Peyton Manning. Good coaches coach to the strength of their players. Good coaches don't come in to a team like Denver with Peyton and try to implement their system just because it's their system. I'm aware of the fact that I might be coming across as ungrateful because Denver won a Super Bowl with Kubiak as head coach, but I will always maintain that Denver winning the Super Bowl was 70/30 in favor of Wade Phillips in terms of coaches that had to do with the win. If Denver would've been doing with that defense what they were doing with Adam Gase's offense, in hindsight, it would've been the best team to ever hit the field.

What part of "Manning lost feeling in his arm" do you not understand? We saw Manning collapse the year prior in the playoffs against the Colts, and at the start of the next season pre-Brock. Kubiak did adapt his system to what Manning had left, and gave him flexibility over the offense. The Pistol formation came from a compromise between Manning's desire for shotgun, and Kubiak's desire to have a running game. At a critical moment of the season, with home field advantage on the line, Kubiak put Manning back in the game and the rest is history.

Bottom line is the team won Super Bowl 50, doing under Kubiak and Wade what they couldn't do under Fox and Gase.

BroncoJoe
07-24-2019, 04:59 PM

I think your 70/30 is a bit of an exaggeration, but we'll just leave it at that. I'd be OK with 60/40, because no matter how great the defense is, you still have to move the ball and score points.

Poet
07-24-2019, 05:05 PM
So Kubiak, who in two years never fielded a good offense, and is only known for being an offensive guru, did what exactly? His main achievement was hiring Phillips. The roster was intact from the prior years. And yes, he did have PM running an offense that didn't suit PM.

And while GK DOES deserve credit for benching PM, he had to turn back to him after Oz had some turnovers against the Chargers. The guy who he benched bailed out the team.

When GK was hired all I heard was how he was going to fix the line, establish a running game, and put PM in a position to succeed.

None of that happened. GK offered some stability, he offered leadership, and he hired Phillips. He inherited strong offensive skill position players, arguably the best secondary in years, and a great defense.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-24-2019, 05:42 PM
Mike Klis
14m14 minutes ago

DaeSean Hamilton cut practice short with apparent tweak. #9sports

Mike Klis
18m18 minutes ago

Fant with double move, open, nice pass from Flacco. #9sports

Mike Klis
31m31 minutes ago

Lock nice completion to Way. #9sports

Mike Klis
34m34 minutes ago

Beautiful deep throw by Hogan. Benson had ball in his hands. Didn’t come down with it. #9sports

Mike Klis
42m42 minutes ago

Tempers shorter today. Couple of pushes and shoves. #9sports

Mike Klis
1h1 hour ago

Flacco overthrows Fant, ball lands in Simmons’ gut for INT. #9sports

Mike Klis
1h1 hour ago

Two undrafted WR rookies, Kelvin McKnight/Trinity Benson, taking some first-team reps with Flacco. #9sports

Mike Klis
2h2 hours ago

Emmanuel Sanders just caught a 7 on 7 pass from Flacco. Diving catch too. First time For Emmanuel for this drill. #9sports

Mike Klis
2h2 hours ago

Peyton Manning is here watching practice with his young ones. #9sports

Mike Klis
2h2 hours ago

Play action, Flacco to Sutton. #9sports

Mike Klis
2h2 hours ago

First team rep of day: Nice run up middle by Freeman. #9sports

Mike Klis Retweeted
Adam Schefter
‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
2h2 hours ago

Panthers’ C Matt Paradis will be a full go to start camp. No PUP, he is said to have recovered well from off-season injuries.

Mike Klis
2h2 hours ago

It's baking at 92 degrees (per my cellphone) for the start of practice, which is the hottest start-time temp so far. Other days got hotter, but it was never this hot this early in workout. #9sports

Mike Klis
3h3 hours ago

Juwann Winfree working on side. #9sports

Mike Klis
3h3 hours ago

Jake Butt not practicing. They heal when they heal. #9sports

Mike Klis
3h3 hours ago

Juwann Winfree back practicing. #9sports

Troy Renck
2h2 hours ago

Couple of #NFL greats. Former #Broncos defensive coordinator Joe Collier talking w Dave Logan. Collier at practice with his his grandson. Collier was a scientist of the game before we knew it was existed. He likes Fangio. “They are going to be all right,” Collier said. #Denver7

VonDoom
07-24-2019, 05:49 PM
Stop me if you heard this one - Butt missed practice again with an injury

BroncoJoe
07-24-2019, 05:52 PM
So Kubiak, who in two years never fielded a good offense, and is only known for being an offensive guru, did what exactly? His main achievement was hiring Phillips. The roster was intact from the prior years. And yes, he did have PM running an offense that didn't suit PM.

And while GK DOES deserve credit for benching PM, he had to turn back to him after Oz had some turnovers against the Chargers. The guy who he benched bailed out the team.

When GK was hired all I heard was how he was going to fix the line, establish a running game, and put PM in a position to succeed.

None of that happened. GK offered some stability, he offered leadership, and he hired Phillips. He inherited strong offensive skill position players, arguably the best secondary in years, and a great defense.

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article7329858.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/Super-Bowl-50-Denver-Broncos-victorious.jpg

Shazam!
07-24-2019, 05:55 PM
All hating on Kubiak is ridiculous. No one here said he was a genius.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-24-2019, 05:57 PM
Mike Klis
16m16 minutes ago

Fangio On Butt: “He’s hit a little pothole on his road to recovery” but nothing too major. Could return soon. #9sports

Shazam!
07-24-2019, 06:53 PM
They gonna cut a lot of The Walking Dead at TE come 53. If Butt cant show something hes gone, sorry.

VonDoom
07-24-2019, 09:17 PM
https://twitter.com/masedenver/status/1154142424916201472?s=21

https://twitter.com/nickijhabvala/status/1154159299037466625?s=21

Canmore
07-24-2019, 09:18 PM
I think your 70/30 is a bit of an exaggeration, but we'll just leave it at that. I'd be OK with 60/40, because no matter how great the defense is, you still have to move the ball and score points.

Not if you have Von Miller.

spikerman
07-24-2019, 09:31 PM
They gonna cut a lot of The Walking Dead at TE come 53. If Butt cant show something hes gone, sorry.

Yeah, I really want to see Butt succeed, but the best ability is availability.

SR
07-25-2019, 08:07 AM
Yeah, I really want to see Butt succeed, but the best ability is availability.

I live my life by this.

Freyaka
07-25-2019, 05:23 PM

I don't think he will. The point I was making saying he's fox without the loser mentality is that Fox was a good coach. He turned this team around, but he plays not to lose, which is often playing not to win. Good ole Fox Ball... I don't think Fangio has that same mentality and so he's a good coach with the right attitude to develop a winning team going forward.

Freyaka
07-25-2019, 05:25 PM

No chance in hell of that...

Freyaka
07-25-2019, 05:26 PM
There was McCoy factor too

HEY! We don't speak that name around here...

spikerman
07-25-2019, 05:28 PM
Well, sure, over the course of two seasons.

Freyaka
07-25-2019, 05:30 PM
Well, sure, over the course of two seasons.

Are we talking 18 or 20 game seasons?

Cugel
07-25-2019, 10:52 PM
Mike Evans: "Well for the first 6 days the defense has kicked the offense's butts. It's not a good look so far." It's still early but the defense crushing Denver's offense. They need to get it together for the first pre-season game. I'd like to see Flacco actually connect some throws and the WRs (other than Sanders) not drop about every pass

Denver Native (Carol)
07-26-2019, 10:05 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- In the first six days of practice, the offense seemed to be out of sync.

Sometimes, a frenetic pass rush discombobulated the offense. At others -- particularly in Monday's practice -- the wounds were self-inflicted; that session was marred by drops and bad routes.

Thursday's practice was not perfect for the offense. But with an emphasis on controlled, short-to-intermediate passes to running backs and tight ends and quick slants to the wide receivers, the offense finally got into a rhythm it rarely located during the first week of training camp.

At one point, Flacco targeted running backs or tight ends on five consecutive plays. That paid dividends.

rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/broncos-day-7-camp-report-offense-gets-into-rhythm

Cugel
07-26-2019, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post

I doubt they would just cut him and he has no trade value. Just put him on IR. Then if he's healthy after week 6 you can bring him back. If not he can sit another season. He's under contract for another season next year so if he's not healthy at that point, he can get cut with no salary cap hit.

Spiritguy
07-26-2019, 11:35 AM
Nice story about Coach Fangio, his daughter, and training camp. :D

A day before Vic Fangio started his first training camp as the head coach of the Denver Broncos, he guided his car down a street near UCHealth Training Center as his daughter posed a question.Cassie Fangio wanted to know how her 60-year-old father was feeling. After 32 years as an NFL assistant, he was about to begin his first season as a head coach.

“Are you nervous?” his 22-year-old daughter asked him.

He quickly waved her off. No, he said.

But Cassie, who grew up around the NFL and has spent the start of training camp with her dad and the Broncos, can’t say the same.

“Oh, yeah,” she says after a recent Broncos training camp practice. “I’m very nervous to see what my dad is going to be like on TV and just in charge of the game on the sideline. It’s going to be a change for sure, but I’m excited.”

It’s been a long time coming for both Vic and Cassie. Fangio spent 32 years as an NFL assistant or coordinator before he got the opportunity earlier this year, and he had come to terms with the fact that he might never be destined to earn the top spot.

“It’s obviously something I’ve thought about throughout my career at various times, but I was comfortable enough in my own skin that it didn’t have to happen,” Fangio said at his introductory press conference in January. “I was happy with being a defensive coordinator in the NFL for close to 20 years. If a good situation ever arose and I matched what a certain team was looking for, I’d be all in. I believe I’ve found that here and I’m all in.”

Before he accepted the Denver job earlier this year, though, Cassie wasn’t sure if she would see her dad take the next step in his career.

“I mean, he’s not the youngest guy around," Cassie says jokingly, "so you kind of thought maybe it would never happen."

When it did, his daughter’s reaction was reflective of the work he’s put in during four decades of coaching football at all levels.

“When I first found out, I was pretty much in tears,” Cassie says. “This is what he’s worked for and it’s what my family and I have always wanted for him. He deserves it so much. I see how hard he works outside of the office. He’s the last one to leave every night. He deserves it, and I hope he enjoys it because I know it’s going to be stressful, too. But I hope he enjoys it.”

As he starts his head coaching career, it’s clear he’s enjoying the moments he can spend with his daughter before she heads to Texas for her first job out of college. When the Broncos aren’t on the field for practice, the future U.S. Army nurse and her dad are nearly inseparable.

In the morning Vic and Cassie eat breakfast together. During practice, she stands on the sideline and watches as her father directs some of his first training camp practices. They grab a quick lunch when the morning’s practice wraps up, and she’s around to talk when her dad gets home after a long night at the office.

the rest is here: https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/it-s-my-dad-s-life-and-my-life-how-the-nfl-has-shaped-the-bond-between-hc-vic-fa

Poet
07-26-2019, 12:09 PM
https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article7329858.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/Super-Bowl-50-Denver-Broncos-victorious.jpg

Okay? Saying he won a SB after someone argues he won it in the back of a roster and defense he had little to do with is a bad rebuttal.

BroncoJoe
07-26-2019, 12:11 PM
Okay? Saying he won a SB after someone argues he won it in the back of a roster and defense he had little to do with is a bad rebuttal.

Then why didn't the previous HC win a title?

dogfish
07-26-2019, 12:13 PM

Shazam!
07-26-2019, 12:19 PM

Stop hatin on Kubes bro he's a Bronco through and through.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-26-2019, 12:21 PM
Back to Training camp news and notes

Vic Fangio Coaching Broncos Players To Be More Than A ‘One-Trick Pony’
https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/07/25/courtland-sutton-denver-broncos-offense-vic-fangio-coaching-style/

Denver Native (Carol)
07-26-2019, 12:24 PM
Peyton is at practice again

Troy Renck
1h1 hour ago

#Broncos legend or legends? Peyton Manning hanging out at practice with @bstokley14. Had chance to chat with both. Great to see Manning, who brought kids to practice, enjoying retirement. Could listen to those two talk football all day. #Denver7

Davii
07-26-2019, 12:28 PM

Good question. I guess that's why the self high five?

Lol.

Win Super Bowls and people still complain

Shazam!
07-26-2019, 12:35 PM
Youd have to be a Broncos fan to understand.

BroncoJoe
07-26-2019, 01:11 PM
Good question. I guess that's why the self high five?

Lol.

Win Super Bowls and people still complain

I do love the self high five! :lol:

MOtorboat
07-26-2019, 01:15 PM
Back to Training camp news and notes

Vic Fangio Coaching Broncos Players To Be More Than A ‘One-Trick Pony’
https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/07/25/courtland-sutton-denver-broncos-offense-vic-fangio-coaching-style/

I like the general idea of “we need to practice what we’re not good at, so we can get better in those aspects” but this also makes me think of him trying to squeeze square pegs into round holes and not utilizing players at what they’re best at. Who knows? It’s just a sound bite from camp, but it is a bit of an odd statement.

BroncoJoe
07-26-2019, 01:19 PM
I like the general idea of “we need to practice what we’re not good at, so we can get better in those aspects” but this also makes me think of him trying to squeeze square pegs into round holes and not utilizing players at what they’re best at. Who knows? It’s just a sound bite from camp, but it is a bit of an odd statement.

Well, it's not like he's asking an engineer to become an artist...

These are world-class athletes. If they have areas to improve on within their game and the visioned game plan, I like it. It's not like they're going to lose their expertise or reduce what they're good at.

MOtorboat
07-26-2019, 01:23 PM
Well, it's not like he's asking an engineer to become an artist...

These are world-class athletes. If they have areas to improve on within their game and the visioned game plan, I like it. It's not like they're going to lose their expertise or reduce what they're good at.

I’m not worried about the latter. I’m worried about coaches not utilizing those best skills so that they can run their specific scheme. See: Philip Lindsay not playing third downs last year. Now, we’ve been told he will this year, so that’s a definitely a positive.

But, for example, what does Von Miller need to work on? Dropping into coverage, and chipping and covering tight ends. That’s fine, those are his two weaknesses. But if we improve those weaknesses, is he not hunting quarterbacks on third downs? I don’t think this is exactly what he meant, but it’s what came to my mind.

UnderArmour
07-26-2019, 01:29 PM

Broncos fans really got spoiled under Vance Joseph, who definitely had some of the best practices in NFL history. Fangio never had a chance of replicating VJ's mid-week success, so instead he makes excuses like "we need to practice what we're not good at," knowing darn well those players aren't performing at practice.

It's a darn shame that Fangio has already run this team's midweek practices into the ground. This team will never be the same.

Poet
07-26-2019, 02:29 PM

Because football like all spirts has variance. I guess Seifert and Billick are great coaches, too. Hey, remember when PM won a SB with Jim Caldwell? Winning a SB doesn’t mean you’re a good or great coach.

VonDoom
07-26-2019, 02:30 PM
https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1154818933209174016?s=21

BroncoJoe
07-26-2019, 02:43 PM
Because football like all spirts has variance. I guess Seifert and Billick are great coaches, too. Hey, remember when PM won a SB with Jim Caldwell? Winning a SB doesn’t mean you’re a good or great coach.

It doesn't hurt! :D

Hawgdriver
07-26-2019, 02:50 PM
:abegif:

Northman
07-26-2019, 02:53 PM
King is like a Pitbull going for the throat all of a sudden. I smell some bad blood there. Lol

Poet
07-26-2019, 02:56 PM
I won’t be disrespected by someone like Shazam.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-26-2019, 04:35 PM
Mike Klis
1h1 hour ago

After Broncos play in HOF Game on Thursday night and not arriving back until early Friday morning, Vic Fangio is giving players an extra day off from practice Saturday, August 3. Fans will still have 10 more open practices, including tomorrow afternoon at stadium. #9sports

Jewell: Disguises will put Broncos defense in better situations this year
Josey Jewell talks about his role in the Broncos' defensive scheme and why he likes to make the play calls.
https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/jewell-disguises-will-put-broncos-defense-in-better-situations-this-year

Denver Native (Carol)
07-26-2019, 07:03 PM
What to know if you plan on attending Saturday’s training camp practice at Broncos Stadium

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/07/26/broncos-stadium-training-camp-practice/

Simple Jaded
07-27-2019, 03:00 AM
What to know if you plan on attending Saturday’s training camp practice at Broncos Stadium

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/07/26/broncos-stadium-training-camp-practice/

I hope it hails like a mother******.

Simple Jaded
07-27-2019, 03:02 AM
Broncos fans really got spoiled under Vance Joseph, who definitely had some of the best practices in NFL history. Fangio never had a chance of replicating VJ's mid-week success, so instead he makes excuses like "we need to practice what we're not good at," knowing darn well those players aren't performing at practice.

It's a darn shame that Fangio has already run this team's midweek practices into the ground. This team will never be the same.
El oh el

dogfish
07-27-2019, 03:05 AM
El oh el

right?

there isn't a bronco fan anywhere who hates #WinningWednesdays more than UA. . . :laugh:

VonDoom
07-27-2019, 10:28 AM
https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1155131404599955458?s=21

aberdien
07-27-2019, 11:22 AM
This made me laugh.

https://twitter.com/MCamerlengo/status/1154810306121650178

BeefStew25
07-27-2019, 01:08 PM
I hope it hails like a mother******.

You and Lindsay Jones. Two dramatic rope draggers.

Nomad
07-27-2019, 01:17 PM
Seats I wanna get for Aug 8th game against Seahawks are 200+ x 3 plus tax. Would you guys pay this for a preseason game? No brainer if it was a regular season game, but I'm waffling. I aint sittin in the nosebleeds for a preseason game.

dogfish
07-27-2019, 01:44 PM
$200 for pre-season tickets? oh hell no! see if you can get some cheap on craigslist the day of the game, or try to scalp 'em at the stadium. . .

Nomad
07-27-2019, 01:48 PM
$200 for pre-season tickets? oh hell no! see if you can get some cheap on craigslist the day of the game, or try to scalp 'em at the stadium. . .

Well. My post is a little misleading. Nosebleeds are about $80-90 a ticket, and not $200+. I wanna sit closer to the field, and not on the second level.

Davii
07-27-2019, 02:08 PM
Well. My post is a little misleading. Nosebleeds are about $80-90 a ticket, and not $200+. I wanna sit closer to the field, and not on the second level.

I wouldn't pay 200$ a ticket for a pre-season game no matter where the seats are. Unless they come with an on-field pass or free prime-rib

dogfish
07-27-2019, 02:10 PM
I wouldn't pay 200$ a ticket for a pre-season game no matter where the seats are. Unless they come with an on-field pass or free prime-rib

and a lap dance from some cheerleaders. . .

Nomad
07-27-2019, 02:13 PM
and a lap dance from some cheerleaders. . .

Wife would be coming. She wouldn't appreciate that. :D

turftoad
07-27-2019, 02:14 PM

Buff. Did you hear that! Free Prime Rib!!

Hawgdriver
07-27-2019, 02:38 PM

Don't be so sure... :D

Nomad
07-27-2019, 03:21 PM

You never know nowadays. Man, I feel so bad you were in Seattle, and we didn't meet up. Ill make it up to you.

dogfish
07-27-2019, 04:31 PM

i was gonna say, what if we could arrange one for her also?

VonDoom
07-27-2019, 06:23 PM
https://twitter.com/nickijhabvala/status/1155256535221596162?s=21

Simple Jaded
07-27-2019, 08:06 PM
right?

there isn't a bronco fan anywhere who hates #WinningWednesdays more than UA. . . :laugh:

I don’t think people appreciate the sarcasm in UA’s post, otherwise it’d have more Hi-5’s.

Simple Jaded
07-27-2019, 08:08 PM
You and Lindsay Jones. Two dramatic rope draggers.

Lindsey Jones, i’d Hit it.

BeefStew25
07-27-2019, 08:24 PM
Seats I wanna get for Aug 8th game against Seahawks are 200+ x 3 plus tax. Would you guys pay this for a preseason game? No brainer if it was a regular season game, but I'm waffling. I aint sittin in the nosebleeds for a preseason game.

If you do that I’ll ignore your future posts.

BeefStew25
07-27-2019, 08:25 PM
Lindsey Jones, i’d Hit it.

Hail hit her ass

Simple Jaded
07-28-2019, 12:04 AM
Hail hit her ass

Imma **** her gently.

#TenaciousDWasJustInTown

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2019, 10:05 AM
Dalton Risner
‏Verified account @Dalton_Risner66
13h13 hours ago

Today I fulfilled a promise to my 1️⃣0️⃣ year old self that sat in this very stadium. I did it, I’m a Denver Bronco! – at Broncos Stadium at Mile High