PDA

View Full Version : Peyton wants to 'stay connected' to the NFL

Denver Native (Carol)
05-30-2019, 04:51 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Peyton Manning wants to "stay connected'' to the NFL in any way he can these days, and although working in the Monday Night Football booth or in a team's front office is not in the cards right now, Manning said Thursday he will always listen to opportunities that come his way.

Manning, who retired after the Denver Broncos' Super Bowl season in 2015, was at the team's practice Thursday. And this offseason he has seen his name linked by a variety of media outlets to the Cleveland Browns, Tennessee Titans and, this past week, the New York Jets.

"I have spoken with [Jets coach] Adam [Gase], of course, since he's been there, but I did not speak with him about that nor was I contacted by anyone," Manning said of the current Jets' opening for a general manager.

rest - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26857678/peyton-wants-stay-connected-nfl

Denver Native (Carol)
05-30-2019, 06:40 PM
Three years after his retirement, Peyton Manning remains content spending time around the NFL, but not in the broadcast booth or running a team’s front office.

He will continue to be a regular at Broncos’ home games, poking his head into his former team’s locker room and visiting with the opponent’s coach.

And he will continue traveling for his “Peyton’s Places” series to commemorate the NFL’s 100th season.

But the closest Manning will come to being on a team this year?

“I’ll be at the Yankees and Smashers eight-year old baseball and softball games (for his kids) Marshall and Mosley — I’m a volunteer assistant,” he said. “And there’s flag football on Sunday — Marshall is playing for the Rams. It’s important to be able to go to those games.

rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2019/05/30/peyton-manning-vic-fangio-broncos/

Denver Native (Carol)
05-30-2019, 09:02 PM
Peyton visits practice: Inside Day 8 of Broncos OTAs

Take an inside look at the Broncos' eighth day of OTAs, which included a practice visit from former Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/photos/peyton-manning-visits-practice-inside-day-8-broncos-otas#8f3df154-8c85-4adc-aa61-0989428eca2f

Cugel
05-31-2019, 11:07 PM
If Peyton is already hanging around Broncos OTAs, I'd say his days of just going to his kids' games is going to be limited. If it was me and I had all that money, I'd buy my own island, and all the fish, and hang out for the next 30 years, but then I'm a lot more lazy than Peyton.

He just can't quit the NFL clearly, and is going to take a job somewhere, maybe next year or the year after. Not much room for him in Denver of course, but somewhere.

spikerman
06-01-2019, 11:52 AM
If Peyton is already hanging around Broncos OTAs, I'd say his days of just going to his kids' games is going to be limited. If it was me and I had all that money, I'd buy my own island, and all the fish, and hang out for the next 30 years, but then I'm a lot more lazy than Peyton.

He just can't quit the NFL clearly, and is going to take a job somewhere, maybe next year or the year after. Not much room for him in Denver of course, but somewhere.
I don’t think Peyton going to OTAs is a new thing.

Shazam!
06-01-2019, 12:05 PM
If he took a front office job or ownership id hope it was an NFC team.

Nomad
06-01-2019, 04:33 PM
Does Peyton still have a home/live in Denver?

Shazam!
06-01-2019, 04:58 PM
Does Peyton still have a home/live in Denver?

Yes.

Cugel
06-02-2019, 05:45 AM
I don’t think Peyton going to OTAs is a new thing.

Since he's been retired? OTAs are totally boring. "Dudes, we are installing the offensive game plan! Slowly. This involves guys wearing shorts doing a walk-through. We're not even doing 'training camp battles' yet. Just a walk-through."

What would anybody want to hang around that for? Yeah, he likes practices, but I would think practices at least AFTER the game plan is installed so they're sorta ready to run the play?

spikerman
06-02-2019, 07:36 AM
Since he's been retired? OTAs are totally boring. "Dudes, we are installing the offensive game plan! Slowly. This involves guys wearing shorts doing a walk-through. We're not even doing 'training camp battles' yet. Just a walk-through."

What would anybody want to hang around that for? Yeah, he likes practices, but I would think practices at least AFTER the game plan is installed so they're sorta ready to run the play?

From last year
https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Article/Report-Peyton-Manning-attends-Broncos-OTA-practice-on-Thursday-118666000/

Edmonton Bronco Fan
06-05-2019, 09:41 PM
If he took a front office job or ownership id hope it was an NFC team.

In a perfect world, it'd be here.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-06-2019, 09:23 AM
Peyton Manning may have stopped playing football, but he hasn’t disappeared from the spotlight.

Whether it be appearances at award shows, golf tournaments, on national commercials or down at Dove Valley, No. 18 is still very visible.

And that’s awesome.

While a lot of famous athletes disappear after they retire, wanting nothing do to with the limelight any longer, The Sherriff is in the public eye now more than ever.

He may not have found his next gig yet, but Manning is still visible and universally beloved. Very few guys in sports can say that and it’s a credit to how well he built his brand not only during his playing career but after as well.

The majority of his appearances can be chalked up to the fact he’s uber-famous. He’s PFM. He’s a future first ballot Hall of Famer and one of the best quarterbacks ever.

rest - https://milehighsports.com/peyton-mannings-continued-presence-at-dove-valley-could-be-part-of-a-master-plan/