PDA

View Full Version : Bowlen family selects Steve 'Greek' Antonopulos to serve as Owner Pat Bowlen's presenter at Pro Football Hall of Fame enshrinement ceremony

Denver Native (Carol)
05-28-2019, 09:02 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Bowlen family has selected longtime Broncos employee Steve "Greek" Antonopulos to serve as Owner Pat Bowlen's presenter when he is enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in August.

Antonopulos is the only employee to work full-time at the Broncos’ training facility during Bowlen’s 35-year tenure as owner, and he set to begin his 44th season with the team.

“I was overwhelmed with emotion when I was asked to be Mr. Bowlen’s presenter,” Antonopulos said. “I feel very honored and very humbled. It’s one of the greatest things I’ve ever been asked to do in my life.

“If you really look at it, it’s all about Mr. Bowlen. We developed a really neat relationship over all the years that he’s been here. It’s certainly unique — he’s not only my boss but he’s my friend. That’s what makes it even more of an honor to do this, especially with the request coming from the family.”

rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/bowlen-family-selects-steve-greek-antonopulos-to-serve-as-owner-pat-bowlen-s-pre

SR
05-28-2019, 09:05 AM
That's awesome!

Shazam!
05-28-2019, 09:29 AM
Omg im stoked

BroncoWave
05-28-2019, 11:12 AM
That's really cool. Would never have thought of him to be the presenter, but it makes total sense.

Davii
05-28-2019, 11:13 AM
Awesome. Congrats Greek, I'm looking forward to hearing the speech!

BeefStew25
05-28-2019, 12:38 PM
Maybe Champ will pick Chris Harris.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-28-2019, 03:53 PM
DENVER — Several years ago, Broncos longtime athletic trainer Steve Antonopulos sat back in his chair at UCHealth Center, fighting back tears.

He was telling the story of Pat Bowlen, the man and their friendship. The year was 1984. Bowlen was hurting. Against advice, he decided to ride his bike from the team’s old headquarters on 5700 Logan Street in Denver to the team’s training camp in Greeley. Bowlen was an Iron Man participant, so why not mix training with football? Greek listened as Bowlen described the pain in his broken collarbone.

The injury resonated with Antonopulos. He had treated countless injured players. But an owner this driven? The moment forever stuck with him.

“I asked him, ‘What did you do?’ And here he was mad he got hurt because it could affect his training. I will always remember his competitiveness. He wanted to be the best at everything he did. I mean, just look at this place,” Antonopulos said, glancing at the Broncos’ plush headquarters. “None of this is possible without him. None of it. ”

rest - https://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/longtime-trainer-steve-greek-antonopulos-will-present-pat-bowlen-into-hall-of-fame

Denver Native (Carol)
05-28-2019, 07:32 PM
Bowlen family: Antonopulos right choice for Hall of Fame honor
Broncos Owner Pat Bowlen's children talk about why they chose Broncos Director of Sports Medicine Steve Antonopulos to present their father at the Pro Football Hall of Fame enshrinement ceremony in August.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/bowlen-family-antonopulos-right-choice-for-hall-of-fame-honor

Poet
05-28-2019, 08:16 PM
Pure love

Simple Jaded
05-30-2019, 12:58 AM
Wish Greek had a few Billion to buy the Broncos.

Poet
05-30-2019, 01:04 AM

This deep shit.

Simple Jaded
05-30-2019, 01:13 AM
This deep shit.

I was born in deep shit ... molded by it.

Poet
05-30-2019, 01:27 AM
I was born in deep shit ... molded by it.

You stinky?

Davii
05-30-2019, 12:05 PM

F that. I wish *I* had a few billion to buy the Broncos.

BeefStew25
05-30-2019, 12:20 PM
F that. I wish *I* had a few billion to buy the Broncos.

I’d be your body man.

Davii
05-30-2019, 12:57 PM
I’d be your body man.

You already are....

BeefStew25
05-30-2019, 01:05 PM
You already are....

I’ll wear a fanny pack with your stuff in it.

Davii
05-30-2019, 02:32 PM
I’ll wear a fanny pack with your stuff in it.

I'll bear that in mind for when I own the Broncos. You cigs carry the keys to the private jet in there

BeefStew25
05-30-2019, 03:17 PM
I'll bear that in mind for when I own the Broncos. You cigs carry the keys to the private jet in there

And get Wade in the Ring of Honor.

Davii
05-30-2019, 03:19 PM
And get Wade in the Ring of Honor.

Item #1 on the to-do list.

BeefStew25
05-30-2019, 03:23 PM
Item #1 on the to-do list.

2nd is eventually kick out Lynch and put in Aqib. Not as urgent as we want to make sure he doesn’t kill anyone first.