PDA

View Full Version : Flacco not herr to mentor Drew Lock

Pages : [1] 2

Jsteve01
05-13-2019, 09:06 PM
I sure if you saw the video from the press conference, but want to get people's take. I feel like it's a bad look for a guy who's trying to re-establish himself as a good veteran presence. If you talk to guys like Champ Bailey they talked about how somebody like Darrell Green and Deion Sanders took him under their wings and helped him become a better player. I know it's slightly different because there's only one quarterback on the field at a time. But it just rubs me the wrong way. You're a veteran you're supposed to help the younger guys figure stuff out and all you're concerned about is yourself. And that's essentially what people have been saying about Joe since he got here.

aberdien
05-13-2019, 09:14 PM
Flacco has always seemed like a douche.

Manning wasn't really a mentor either though was he?

Shazam!
05-13-2019, 09:16 PM
I hear ya bro but lets be real. The pressure is all in him and he knows it.

He was bought in to play and Win and improve the productivity at a position that in Denver was incredibly weak. He was not brought in to be a teacher.

Even Fangio agreed with him. Good enough for me.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-13-2019, 09:51 PM
Obviously with this being a new team for Flacco, I would imagine the thought process is that it will take all of his time up learning everything he needs to about his new team, players, playbook, etc. as he will be the starting QB. Might be different, if he had been here for, let's say, 5 years.

Northman
05-13-2019, 10:10 PM
Meh, its no different than Favre and Rodgers to me. Brett said the same thing but also stated that if Aaron had any questions or came to him for advice that he would do it. I think Joe is basically the same way but he's right its not his job to seek out and take Drew under his wing, if Lock wants to learn from him than he can approach him if necessary. I have zero problem with Joe's comments here. Joe is here to do a job and that is not to babysit a 1st round rookie who could possibly take his job at any moment. Im sure Flacco wants to prove he is not done and the last thing he wants to worry about is grooming his replacement, thats the coaching staffs job.

Northman
05-13-2019, 10:14 PM

Yea, i dont recall Peyton telling the press he was going to take his backups in Indy under his wing. Its up to Drew to observe and learn what he can from Joe and then ask questions if he has any.

Hawgdriver
05-13-2019, 11:36 PM
It's not Joe's job to change Drew's diaper. He made it clear. It's Joe's wife's job.

MOtorboat
05-13-2019, 11:41 PM
I wanted them to go one way or the other, not both, and this is why. Either get a rookie, play him, and get a cheap backup. Or, get a veteran (Joe Flacco) and get a cheap backup. I’m convinced hedging your bets like this doesn’t work and this is one reason why.

Simple Jaded
05-14-2019, 12:27 AM
I wanted them to go one way or the other, not both, and this is why. Either get a rookie, play him, and get a cheap backup. Or, get a veteran (Joe Flacco) and get a cheap backup. I’m convinced hedging your bets like this doesn’t work and this is one reason why.

This is also why Case Rypien will be the Bestest Broncos QB Evah by week 3 in preseason.

DenBronx
05-14-2019, 08:13 AM
The Denver media keeps asking him about Lock every chance they get. I am getting annoyed for him. He’s right, he’s here to win football games, not coddle a toddler. Lock will get his time. For now let’s just win. Having the media not juggle Locks nuts in front of Flacco’s face will help remove the unnecessary distraction.

Nomad
05-14-2019, 08:25 AM
Yea, i dont recall Peyton telling the press he was going to take his backups in Indy under his wing. Its up to Drew to observe and learn what he can from Joe and then ask questions if he has any.

It's a lame attempt to cause controversy. These are the basics of mentoring.

MasterShake
05-14-2019, 08:26 AM

I agree to a point, but they didn't reach on Lock and I would've been kind of annoyed if they just didn't grab him. The NFL is all about hedging you bets. You have to be smart about it though, don't pull a Shannahan like he did with the whole Cutler/Plummer situation and start the kid too early and lose your team.

Poet
05-14-2019, 10:09 AM
Flacco starting out sounding selfish and a bit of a diva.

SR
05-14-2019, 10:15 AM

Not really. He sounds like someone who is focused on learning a new team and a new offense so that he can do what he was brought in to do. Denver drafting Lock doesn't change Flacco's responsibilities from what they were three weeks ago.

NightTrainLayne
05-14-2019, 10:26 AM
Flacco wasn't brought here to be a coach, he was brought here to be our starting QB. He's right. It's not his job to mentor or coach Lock. That's on the coaching staff.

Poet
05-14-2019, 10:28 AM
Not really. He sounds like someone who is focused on learning a new team and a new offense so that he can do what he was brought in to do. Denver drafting Lock doesn't change Flacco's responsibilities from what they were three weeks ago.

He comes off as bitter and whiny. He whined when Lamar Jackson was drafted. During the draft I think it was Trey Wingo noted that Flacco made it known how he felt about his teams drafting a young QB highly.

His job, as is everyone's job, is to help the team any way that he can. Full stop.

SR
05-14-2019, 10:30 AM
He comes off as bitter and whiny. He whined when Lamar Jackson was drafted. During the draft I think it was Trey Wingo noted that Flacco made it known how he felt about his teams drafting a young QB highly.

His job, as is everyone's job, is to help the team any way that he can. Full stop.

Chris Harris says hello.

Poet
05-14-2019, 10:31 AM
Chris Harris says hello.

Hi, Chris. Hope you, the consummate professional, get your contract that you've earned.

SR
05-14-2019, 10:40 AM
Hi, Chris. Hope you, the consummate professional, get your contract that you've earned.

The consummate professional, in your own words, would be a de-facto team player and not hold out in hopes of a new contract while not yet fulfilling the obligations of the current contract.

Poet
05-14-2019, 10:43 AM
The consummate professional, in your own words, would be a de-facto team player and not hold out in hopes of a new contract while not yet fulfilling the obligations of the current contract.

No sir. Because the two situations are not the same. In one situation the business side of things are all settled - Flacco is getting a contract commensurate with his abilities, he's new here, not a long time Bronco, not a part of a winning team, not seen as a leader, etc. etc. etc. The other situation is that CHJ is all of those things, playing on a deal not commensurate with his abilities, long time Bronco, part of winning teams, seen as a leader, took a friendly deal. It's a business for everyone - Flacco isn't in a situation where the business side of things are unsettled.

BroncoWave
05-14-2019, 11:03 AM

And what if focusing on his job as the starter is the best way to help the team right now?

Poet
05-14-2019, 11:05 AM
And what if focusing on his job as the starter is the best way to help the team right now?

This presupposes that mentoring or being a good teammate would detract from this, and that's quite the presupposition. Especially since teaching and mentoring if often a way people retain and use their information.

BroncoJoe
05-14-2019, 11:10 AM
Big ado about nothing.

BroncoWave
05-14-2019, 11:10 AM
This presupposes that mentoring or being a good teammate would detract from this, and that's quite the presupposition. Especially since teaching and mentoring if often a way people retain and use their information.

I think this is a bit of a unique situation since this is also Flacco's first year with this team/the coaches/his teammates. He still has a lot of getting up to speed to do himself. I don't think it's a big leap to assume that talking extra time to help the new guy might distract from what his primary focus needs to be right now.

It would be different if he were a long time, established player here and everything were already a well oiled machine. Then maybe he'd have the flexibility to show the new guy the ropes. I'm not sure he has that luxury right now.

Freyaka
05-14-2019, 11:22 AM
I sure if you saw the video from the press conference, but want to get people's take. I feel like it's a bad look for a guy who's trying to re-establish himself as a good veteran presence. If you talk to guys like Champ Bailey they talked about how somebody like Darrell Green and Deion Sanders took him under their wings and helped him become a better player. I know it's slightly different because there's only one quarterback on the field at a time. But it just rubs me the wrong way. You're a veteran you're supposed to help the younger guys figure stuff out and all you're concerned about is yourself. And that's essentially what people have been saying about Joe since he got here.

Name one long time starter that actively groomed his replacement? Montana? Favre? Does Brady go out of his way to groom people?

His answer is the right answer. He's not here to teach the next guy, frankly, I'd say I'd rather he not teach him, let coach Skags do that. Flacco is learning a new system too. That's his job. To learn it and do it well.

People are blowing this out of proportion, but seriously... how many Superbowl winnners do you hear people praise for their great mentoring abilities?

Jsteve01
05-14-2019, 11:36 AM
It's a lame attempt to cause controversy. These are the basics of mentoring.

When you have former nfl greats like Tomlinson criticizing him I would say it goes deeper.

MasterShake
05-14-2019, 11:38 AM
I'm sure Elway just LOVED when they drafted Maddox to replace him, and he showed him all the cool tricks and "secrets of the pros" he spent a career learning. I imagine it went like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hpMlBWoqws

Northman
05-14-2019, 12:19 PM
I'm sure Elway just LOVED when they drafted Maddox to replace him, and he showed him all the cool tricks and "secrets of the pros" he spent a career learning. I imagine it went like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hpMlBWoqws

Yea, i remember John being so excited about the drafting of Maddox. He was certainly overjoyed.

/sarcasm

Northman
05-14-2019, 12:21 PM
I mean, im not shocked that certain people are angry about this. These are the same people who were basically pouting when we signed Flacco to begin with so there is that. Lol

Shazam!
05-14-2019, 12:44 PM
If Flacco was here for years, maybe. But it's his first camp too.

Much ado about nothing.

Elevation inc
05-14-2019, 01:08 PM
Name one long time starter that actively groomed his replacement? Montana? Favre? Does Brady go out of his way to groom people?

His answer is the right answer. He's not here to teach the next guy, frankly, I'd say I'd rather he not teach him, let coach Skags do that. Flacco is learning a new system too. That's his job. To learn it and do it well.

People are blowing this out of proportion, but seriously... how many Superbowl winnners do you hear people praise for their great mentoring abilities?

Yes it’s his job to win games, he just hasn’t been that great at it the last 5 years so, the condescending is very similar to the Jackson stuff last year. He lacks leadership as well. Von was asked and said his leadership is great, he said the same about keenum last year.....I hope this invigorates lock to show the future. Flacco is bum. Worst YPA, td-to interception ratio, QB rating and a 41-41 record over like the last 5 years.....

Perhaps had he done better at his job of winning games the last 5 years he wouldn’t have had 2 high rookies drafted on his heels......Hey he throws a Good ball in OTAs though so we should be good.....lol

Also pretty sure manning was a big influence in grooming Brock.....

Que the defenders in 3.....2....1.......

TXBRONC
05-14-2019, 01:28 PM

I agree with SR, I don't think sounding like he's selfish and bit of diva.

Shazam!
05-14-2019, 01:38 PM

Yes it’s his job to win games, he just hasn’t been that great at it the last 5 years so, the condescending is very similar to the Jackson stuff last year. He lacks leadership as well. Von was asked and said his leadership is great, he said the same about keenum last year.....I hope this invigorates lock to show the future. Flacco is bum. Worst YPA, td-to interception ratio, QB rating and a 41-41 record over like the last 5 years.....

Perhaps had he done better at his job of winning games the last 5 years he wouldn’t have had 2 high rookies drafted on his heels......Hey he throws a Good ball in OTAs though so we should be good.....lol

Que the defenders?

How about que the whiners and the mice and the bitches trashing every. Single thing. Daily.

Without a shred of real in game analysis from all the 'experts' here.

Its all just opinions on here. Let people have theirs. Jesus.

Elevation inc
05-14-2019, 01:54 PM
Que the defenders?

How about que the whiners and the mice and the bitches trashing every. Single thing. Daily.

Says the guy whining cause people aren't jumping the bandwagon yet for a UDFA your in love with lol......

Rick
05-14-2019, 01:57 PM
I think he is right, it's not his job to make sure Drew gets better, he has an offense to learn too.

Media is just trying to stir shit up. Seems like every few questions to Flacco is something about Lock.

Elevation inc
05-14-2019, 01:59 PM
Que the defenders?

Here is what Flacco has done in Denver...............oh that’s right nothing....I gottta every god damn ******* right to say what I want don’t like it ignore. Not everyone thinks everything is roses just Because he showed up. We want to see proof first......

In fact so far we know he throws a pretty ball, which sanders last year said case did. We know von said he has been great as a leader which he said about case last year, and we know Flacco is already a bit pissy about the luck crap. That’s what Flacco has done in Denver so far....

In case you haven’t been keeping track......some of us live in the cautious optimism, or doubt sectors based off past performances instead of the let’s just say it’s all good cause he is in Denver now .....

Shazam!
05-14-2019, 02:01 PM
Que the defenders?

Says the guy whining cause people aren jumping the bandwagon yet for a UDFA your in love with lol......

I like him and what i saw is all. I never called him the next big... Anything. I never said he could be a starter. But to go that he has no skill no anything with nothing at all to offer and is a scrub before we see him do anything it is equally absurd.

Also Boise State QBs? Off the top I cant think of one that played in NFL. So of course odds are against him.

Elevation inc
05-14-2019, 02:01 PM
Que the defenders?

And what in game anyalsis is going to explain away doubts about his attitude and leadership that followed him his whole career, or the 41-41 avg record last 5 years or the poor YPA which directly contradicts his supposed deep passing ability. Or a bottom ranked TD to int ratio......

Elevation inc
05-14-2019, 02:02 PM
I like him and what i saw is all. I never called him the next big... Anything. I never said he could be a starter. But to go that he has no skill no anything with nothing at all to offer and is a scrub before we see him do anything it is equally absurd.

Also Boise State QBs? Off the top I cant think of one that played in NFL. So of course odds are against him.

You just got pissy with TX in your other thread cause he isn’t sucking all over the rypien pipe....he was Undrafted for a reason....

Elevation inc
05-14-2019, 02:03 PM
I think he is right, it's not his job to make sure Drew gets better, he has an offense to learn too.

Media is just trying to stir shit up. Seems like every few questions to Flacco is something about Lock.

Where there is smoke there is fire, this stuff has followed him his whole career it didn’t just start the last few days in Denver....

Elevation inc
05-14-2019, 02:04 PM
I agree with SR, I don't think sounding like he's selfish and bit of diva.

Honestly I’m more pissy with his it’s my job to win comments coming off a 5 year stretch of a even record lol. It sounds hollow and fake as shit coming from him......

Elevation inc
05-14-2019, 02:07 PM
I actually hope him and lock hate each other so lock does everything he can to replace him.....that’s a win for Denver long term....if it means Flacco gets fired up in the short term and wins some games for us thats got to be considered a win as well.....as a coach I would prefer my 1 and 2 guy be trying to be better then the other not necessarily be kissing each other’s asses lol

TXBRONC
05-14-2019, 02:15 PM
You just got pissy with TX in your other thread cause he isn’t sucking all over the rypien pipe....he was Undrafted for a reason....

It's no biggie. I wish Rypien the best and hope he develops into to either a solid back up quarterback or even possibly into a bargaining chip as Davii mention a few weeks ago.

Elevation inc
05-14-2019, 02:17 PM
It's no biggie. I wish Rypien the best and hope he develops into to either a solid back up quarterback or even possibly into a bargaining chip as Davii mention a few weeks ago.

I’m hoping for the bargaining chip as well.

SR
05-14-2019, 02:19 PM

We get it...

Elevation inc
05-14-2019, 02:20 PM
We get it...

Not yet but you will......

SR
05-14-2019, 02:21 PM
Not yet but you will......

No, I think we all get it.

Elevation inc
05-14-2019, 02:23 PM
No, I think we all get it.

Nah I’m not so sure yet....I got all off-season still.....I like this game....

Shazam!
05-14-2019, 02:23 PM
Que the defenders?

And what in game anyalsis is going to explain away doubts about his attitude and leadership that followed him his whole career, or the 41-41 avg record last 5 years or the poor YPA which directly contradicts his supposed deep passing ability. Or a bottom ranked TD to int ratio......

Have you seen the Ravens offense since they lost Ray Rice and the fabulous carousel of OCs over there? Their lack of any kind of personnel threats on offense?

He did have enough to beat the Broncos' brains in last year.

Elevation inc
05-14-2019, 02:25 PM
Have you seen the Ravens offense since they lost Ray Rice and the fabulous carousel of OCs over there? Their lack of any kind of personnel threats on offense?

Well we had case, woods, musgrave and of course VJ, and if there is one thing you and I agree on it’s how detrimental VJ was, so we can use that as common ground I guess.....

TXBRONC
05-14-2019, 02:28 PM
Honestly I’m more pissy with his it’s my job to win comments coming off a 5 year stretch of a even record lol. It sounds hollow and fake as shit coming from him......

I'm not bothered by it.

Shazam!
05-14-2019, 02:32 PM

Well we had case, woods, musgrave and of course VJ, and if there is one thing you and I agree on it’s how detrimental VJ was, so we can use that as common ground I guess.....

Omg VJ didnt help ANY****INGTHING. Man he dipped this team in ****and then threw it off a cliff into a heavy traffic highway. Even the Coordinators. Awful.

I supported Keenum until the KC loss when it was obvious he wasnt an answer.

And I do applaud Elways decisions and trying so hard to right the ship.

I support Flacco until he fails. I cant see it happening. He is not Case K. His resume is way better.

Elevation inc
05-14-2019, 02:35 PM
I'm not bothered by it.

Many won’t be but Flacco and I don’t see eye to eye lol

TXBRONC
05-14-2019, 02:37 PM
Many won’t be but Flacco and I don’t see eye to eye lol

Tell me something I don't already know. :lol:

Elevation inc
05-14-2019, 02:37 PM

The media are clowns though you ain’t wrong. Heurman was just asked if it’s his job to mentor Fant.....:laugh: :laugh:

Jeff’s job this year is to make it through the year healthy lol

Elevation inc
05-14-2019, 02:38 PM
Tell me something I don't already know. :lol:

I thought I just did, SR needs in on the action as well lol

BroncoJoe
05-14-2019, 02:53 PM
Some of you guys need to get a real life.

Good grief.

nevcraw
05-14-2019, 03:05 PM
Offseason is tearing this team apart!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously the least important subject leading into the season.

Shazam!
05-14-2019, 03:08 PM
Offseason is tearing this team apart!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously the least important subject leading into the season.

I trust in Fangio to keep these guys focused. They'll have leadership and accountability that was sorely needed.

Jsteve01
05-14-2019, 03:14 PM
The Maddox analogy doesnt hold water. Elway was in his prime and in the convo for best player at his position. Flacco is 5 years removed from being considered as a top 15 player at the position. The Broncos drafted two players prior to Lock. Maddox was our top pick and we now know reeves was planning to trade John

BeefStew25
05-14-2019, 03:29 PM

Good grief.

Who’s your favorite serial killer

Elevation inc
05-14-2019, 03:31 PM

Good grief.

Nah we good......

BroncoJoe
05-14-2019, 04:24 PM
Who’s your favorite serial killer

You.

Maybe Nut.

It's a tossup.

Davii
05-14-2019, 04:41 PM

Is mentoring not also leading by example? Asking questions in the QB room? Walking the talk, etc?

If he does all those things and just doesn't take "extra" time to counsel Drew 1:1 I don't see a problem. Sure, I'd like to see him go that "extra mile", but the reality is there are a lot of ways to mentor/be an example/etc.

Davii
05-14-2019, 04:43 PM
Here is what Flacco has done in Denver...............oh that’s right nothing....I gottta every god damn ******* right to say what I want don’t like it ignore. Not everyone thinks everything is roses just Because he showed up. We want to see proof first......

In fact so far we know he throws a pretty ball, which sanders last year said case did. We know von said he has been great as a leader which he said about case last year, and we know Flacco is already a bit pissy about the luck crap. That’s what Flacco has done in Denver so far....

In case you haven’t been keeping track......some of us live in the cautious optimism, or doubt sectors based off past performances instead of the let’s just say it’s all good cause he is in Denver now .....

And he has every right to do the opposite. FFS you guys are both saying the same thing about the other.

Agree to disagree and walk away

slim
05-14-2019, 04:50 PM
You.

Maybe Nut.

It's a tossup.

I thought you would go with Dave.

BroncoJoe
05-14-2019, 04:50 PM
I thought you would go with Dave.

Well, since he is the undisputed #1, I disqualified him from the list.

Jsteve01
05-14-2019, 04:53 PM
I don’t understand all the QBs saying their job isn’t to be a mentor to young QBs coming into org... in what part of life (family, business, sports, etc...) do u enter where u say Im not here to do everything I am capable of to make us better, including helping next generation!?

Kurt warner

Jsteve01
05-14-2019, 04:54 PM
And his analysis is beautiful. He said if the only thing keeping the next guy from passing me up is secrets I'm not willing to share with the younger guys then shame on me. He said I'm going to help you all I can help you be better when it's your opportunity and at the same time I'm going to go out there and kick your butt every day in practice. Why is that so hard to say?

Poet
05-14-2019, 08:32 PM
Is mentoring not also leading by example? Asking questions in the QB room? Walking the talk, etc?

If he does all those things and just doesn't take "extra" time to counsel Drew 1:1 I don't see a problem. Sure, I'd like to see him go that "extra mile", but the reality is there are a lot of ways to mentor/be an example/etc.

If he's bringing negative **** my face energy, which he appears to already be doing, then IDK.

Poet
05-14-2019, 08:33 PM

Good grief.

Don't be like this This hurts, man. )=

Nomad
05-14-2019, 08:54 PM
I see you guys went off the deep end again. LoL.

Poet
05-14-2019, 08:58 PM
I see you guys went off the deep end again. LoL.

I just want our young stud QB to be in a nourishing environment. Flacco seems to be taking a selfish Jay Cutler stance.

BeefStew25
05-14-2019, 09:31 PM
I just want our young stud QB to be in a nourishing environment. Flacco seems to be taking a selfish Jay Cutler stance.

I think you’re bored.

Jsteve01
05-14-2019, 10:27 PM
I think you’re bored.

Who wouldnt be. The draft is over most of in CO are dealing with the post avs and nuggets dog days

Simple Jaded
05-14-2019, 11:56 PM
It wasn’t PFM’s job to mentor Teebs, Plummer’s job to mentor Cutler, Farve’s to mentor Rodgers.

It’s not their job, this isn’t a Disney movie.

Simple Jaded
05-15-2019, 12:02 AM

Barf

Simple Jaded
05-15-2019, 12:06 AM

After everything he’s done for you? Smdh

Elevation inc
05-15-2019, 12:50 AM
And he has every right to do the opposite. FFS you guys are both saying the same thing about the other.

Agree to disagree and walk away

Never said he didn't, I have my stance and he has his, but the over the top dig was a bit much and i responded in kind. The good news is we agree on VJ, so you were about a hour late to the fun lol.

Poet
05-15-2019, 12:55 AM
After everything he’s done for you? Smdh

You used to Stan me, dammit.

Barf

Go clean the carpet!

Poet
05-15-2019, 12:57 AM
Que the defenders?

Who whines? People who don't cheer every single thing? Let's be a little more honest - there aren't people who bitch about everything.

You can't also bag on people for having bad opinions (your expert line) and then say everyone should have their own opinion and let it be.

Northman
05-15-2019, 08:45 AM

Of course it is, its Denver where QB controversies are a thang.

BeefStew25
05-15-2019, 08:47 AM
I wish we still had Sloter

Northman
05-15-2019, 08:49 AM
And his analysis is beautiful. He said if the only thing keeping the next guy from passing me up is secrets I'm not willing to share with the younger guys then shame on me. He said I'm going to help you all I can help you be better when it's your opportunity and at the same time I'm going to go out there and kick your butt every day in practice. Why is that so hard to say?

Quit being butthurt, it will be ok. I promise.

Northman
05-15-2019, 08:51 AM
It wasn’t PFM’s job to mentor Teebs, Plummer’s job to mentor Cutler, Farve’s to mentor Rodgers.

It’s not their job, this isn’t a Disney movie.

Are you sure? The drama in this thread is pretty thick. Lmao

Elevation inc
05-15-2019, 09:01 AM

well there are essentially 2 sides in here creating the so called drama, and its the off-season what did you expect lol.....

Shazam!
05-15-2019, 09:09 AM
I wish we still had Sloter

He lighting it up in Minnesota.

TXBRONC
05-15-2019, 09:28 AM
I don’t understand all the QBs saying their job isn’t to be a mentor to young QBs coming into org... in what part of life (family, business, sports, etc...) do u enter where u say Im not here to do everything I am capable of to make us better, including helping next generation!?

Kurt warner

Did Elway ever take young quarterbacks under his wing and mentor them? I do not recall hearing that Elway did that any rookie that came in during his tenure. IIRC Manning had no problem advising Osweiler but it was up to him to take the initiative.

Shazam!
05-15-2019, 09:30 AM

Kurt warner

Did Elway ever take young quarterbacks under his wing and mentor them? IIRC Manning had no problem advising Osweiler but it was up to him to take the initiative.

How many PFM Indy back ups made it elsewhere? None.

TXBRONC
05-15-2019, 09:34 AM
Go clean the carpet!

This is why you get tile flooring bro.

Elevation inc
05-15-2019, 09:34 AM
Did Elway ever take young quarterbacks under his wing and mentor them? IIRC Manning had no problem advising Osweiler but it was up to him to take the initiative.

It goes both ways at all positions, but think for example had ware not mentored Von, or Von chubb or champ harris......or even Peyton to OZ, no way OZ keeps are SB hopes alive without manning's guidance and leadership.....I don't think its the lead players job to mentor the player beneath them, but if you wanna be great and you want to be a true leader you have to be able to mentor in some shape or form. Had Reeves not back doored Elway I'm pretty sure he would have mentored a rookie more then most think.

Northman
05-15-2019, 09:37 AM
Peyton didnt seek out to help out Oz, Oz went to him. Lol

TXBRONC
05-15-2019, 09:54 AM
It goes both ways at all positions, but think for example had ware not mentored Von, or Von chubb or champ harris......or even Peyton to OZ, no way OZ keeps are SB hopes alive without manning's guidance and leadership.....I don't think its the lead players job to mentor the player beneath them, but if you wanna be great and you want to be a true leader you have to be able to mentor in some shape or form. Had Reeves not back doored Elway I'm pretty sure he would have mentored a rookie more then most think.

Not really, imo it's up to the young guy to take the initiative. Von was not a rookie, when Ware came and I have no idea who went to whom first, and same with Chubb. If people want hammer on player they're going to find a reason to do so.

Shazam!
05-15-2019, 11:37 AM
Von wasnt a rookie when Ware arrived.

TXBRONC
05-15-2019, 05:07 PM
I just got done watching the press conference where Flacco said it's not his job to mentor Lock. It's overblown if you're going criticize Flacco for that comment. In context he didn't say wouldn't never help the kid. If Lock has questions he's going to have to take the initiative. Even Fangio said it is on Lock to "soak it in and learn."

BroncoWave
05-15-2019, 07:27 PM
https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1128815859164540929

Freyaka
05-15-2019, 07:29 PM

Not as thic as Thor in you profile pic

Cugel
05-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Flacco has always seemed like a douche.

Manning was the Anti-Mentor in every way. He took every snap. In practice, in walk-throughs, always, all the time. He was totally in charge of that team. And he had no time for dealing with rookies and inexperienced players. He would demand perfection. He would demand it of himself and others. If a guy ran the wrong route, he'd yell at them, but if they kept doing it, he would just say - "get this guy out of here." He wasn't there to groom his replacement. He was there to win Super-bowls and he considered any play that he wasn't on the field as a set-back.

He had 4 neck surgeries, and couldn't throw the ball 10 yards, but he still was furious that the Colts didn't put him in the last couple of games of the 2011 season. He wanted to lead them and wanted to win, but management had already decided that Andrew Luck was their future. There was that famous scene where Osweiler is ready to go into the game, and is looking for his helmet and Peyton just runs back onto the field and takes the kneel down, and Brock seeing this throws up his hands in disgust. He wouldn't even let Osweiler take a meaningless snap at the end of the game.

Brock Osweiler never developed into a starting QB, any more than any other backup QB who ever played with Manning. He had no time for them.

BeefStew25
05-15-2019, 08:28 PM
Like if you just became a Bronco fan, Cugel is a must follow.

TXBRONC
05-15-2019, 09:35 PM
Manning was the Anti-Mentor in every way. He took every snap. In practice, in walk-throughs, always, all the time. He was totally in charge of that team. And he had no time for dealing with rookies and inexperienced players. He would demand perfection. He would demand it of himself and others. If a guy ran the wrong route, he'd yell at them, but if they kept doing it, he would just say - "get this guy out of here." He wasn't there to groom his replacement. He was there to win Super-bowls and he considered any play that he wasn't on the field as a set-back.

He had 4 neck surgeries, and couldn't throw the ball 10 yards, but he still was furious that the Colts didn't put him in the last couple of games of the 2011 season. He wanted to lead them and wanted to win, but management had already decided that Andrew Luck was their future. There was that famous scene where Osweiler is ready to go into the game, and is looking for his helmet and Peyton just runs back onto the field and takes the kneel down, and Brock seeing this throws up his hands in disgust. He wouldn't even let Osweiler take a meaningless snap at the end of the game.

Brock Osweiler never developed into a starting QB, any more than any other backup QB who ever played with Manning. He had no time for them.

Osweiler is only quarterback to ever play behind Manning to help lead a team to a one seed playoffs. The team finished 5-2 down stretch of 2015 season.

TXBRONC
05-15-2019, 09:37 PM

Nah, when one becomes a fan of the Broncos you and Slim are the must follows.

Shazam!
05-15-2019, 09:41 PM

Nah, one becomes a fan of the Broncos you and Slim are the must follows.

Its more like who NOT to follow...

Nomad
05-15-2019, 09:44 PM
Is this still an issue?

TXBRONC
05-15-2019, 09:46 PM
Is this still an issue?

You mean the Flacco thing? It really isn't for me, I saw the interview, and doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

slim
05-15-2019, 09:54 PM

Perhaps you haven't heard that I'm a captain of industry with a 9 inch scope and a lack of morals?

Elevation inc
05-16-2019, 01:28 AM
Von wasnt a rookie when Ware arrived.

At no point did I say he was, nor did I allude to really being bothered by Flacco's mentor comments either, I personally was more pissed about his its my job to win comments then anything else. he has a 41-41 record last 5 years..... he needs to shut the f' up play the game and perform on the field then your critics will be quiet. The media needs to stop trying to twist the mentor comments as well.

It's like if I was only adequate at my job, then my company brings in a hotshot to replace me, and me telling everyone its not my job to teach him just perform well and do my job. Sounds hollow as heck based off my performance. Had i been that good, I wouldn't have had a replacement coming in on my heels to begin.

In fact I have a couple posts in hear saying i hope they become competitive not friends. I don't want lock to go up to Flacco and be his buddy. I want lock to watch him, and then woop his ass and take over.

Elevation inc
05-16-2019, 01:30 AM
Peyton didnt seek out to help out Oz, Oz went to him. Lol

Didn't say he did, I said Peyton to Oz, no way we win a SB if Peyton didn't provide leadership and guidance to Oz, lets not forget he was hurt and absolutely was helping OZ out.....Never said Peyton went to OZ early on....ever......

Elevation inc
05-16-2019, 01:34 AM
I just got done watching the press conference where Flacco said it's not his job to mentor Lock. It's overblown if you're going criticize Flacco for that comment. In context he didn't say wouldn't never help the kid. If Lock has questions he's going to have to take the initiative. Even Fangio said it is on Lock to "soak it in and learn."

I also agree Lock should take the initiative if he wants to be great, That's what Paxton should have done as well. My point is there are multiple ways to be a leader. Flacco aint Peyton not even close so he aint that kind of action leader. He aint the kind to help build chemistry and make the players around him great, so what kind of leader is he.....that's a unknown right now in Denver

its a valid question to ask and has nothing to do with mentorship comments overblown by the media. However these comments exists because of his career history and the rumors surrounding how he is around some of his teammates that absolutely were the type of leaders mentioned above.

Elevation inc
05-16-2019, 01:41 AM
https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1128815859164540929

Most here agree the mentorship comments are a non-issue. In fact me one of Flacco's biggest critics on this forum, isn't even really that bothered by the mentorship stuff, i expected that.....they are similar to comments he has made throughout his career. However its really kind of a non-story made worse by the fact that the media asked Jeff similar comments and he responded completely opposite about mentoring Fant, hence the story and the discussion.

I just want Flacco to shut up and play, if he performs well, great then. If he doesn't, time to move on......

Shazam!
05-16-2019, 05:42 AM

Perhaps you haven't heard that I'm a captain of industry with a 9 inch scope and a lack of morals?

Wtf slim

BroncoWave
05-16-2019, 06:47 AM

This post should have gotten more high fives.

TXBRONC
05-16-2019, 06:53 AM
At no point did I say he was, nor did I allude to really being bothered by Flacco's mentor comments either, I personally was more pissed about his its my job to win comments then anything else. he has a 41-41 record last 5 years..... he needs to shut the f' up play the game and perform on the field then your critics will be quiet. The media needs to stop trying to twist the mentor comments as well.

It's like if I was only adequate at my job, then my company brings in a hotshot to replace me, and me telling everyone its not my job to teach him just perform well and do my job. Sounds hollow as heck based off my performance. Had i been that good, I wouldn't have had a replacement coming in on my heels to begin.

In fact I have a couple posts in hear saying i hope they become competitive not friends. I don't want lock to go up to Flacco and be his buddy. I want lock to watch him, and then woop his ass and take over.

El I don't understand why you find that so upsetting. He was answering a question and what he said is accurate. They're teammates so want them to get along with each other. I don't think you'll find anyone in here who doesn't what Lock to beat Flacco for the starting job. It is doubt at this point that it will be this year.

Elevation inc
05-16-2019, 07:40 AM
El I don't understand why you find that so upsetting. He was answering a question and what he said is accurate. They're teammates so want them to get along with each other. I don't think you'll find anyone in here who doesn't what Lock to beat Flacco for the starting job. It is doubt at this point that it will be this year.

I'm not upset about anything with regards to his mentor comments only the its my job to win games crap...its hollow coming from him.....all my posts reflect this in this thread....its a valid point. If your job is to win games then shut the hell up and play well. He hasn't done that in 5 years consistently so as i alluded to its hollow as heck coming from him....that's why it bugs me. I would of rather him said I'm here to play football and I want to focus on that....nothing crazy....its not the elevation goes crazy on Flacco crap everyone thinks it is......

TXBRONC
05-16-2019, 07:56 AM
I'm not upset about anything with regards to his mentor comments only the its my job to win games crap...its hollow coming from him.....all my posts reflect this in this thread....its a valid point. If your job is to win games then shut the hell up and play well. He hasn't done that in 5 years consistently so as i alluded to its hollow as heck coming from him....

Again, he was just answering question. Well as you mention Flacco ended up .500 in his record Keenum was under .500. Now there is context as to why each quarterback ended up where they did.

Elevation inc
05-16-2019, 08:26 AM
Again, he was just answering question. Well as you mention Flacco ended up .500 in his record Keenum was under .500. Now there is context as to why each quarterback ended up where they did.

I don't care if he was writing a novel or answering a question, his whole career has created discussion about how he answers in interviews, how he is with the media and teammates, how he is as a leader. He created that. The media didn't decide that for his whole career it was just gonna bag on Flacco. how he has been during his career has created these discussion topics.

He is in Denver now, he needs to shut the f'up and win some games period.....If people want to blindly have faith he is going to somehow be what we need or a elite or a QB in their prime based off a couple OTA's so be it...fine, that's not me...and wont be....results, actions and words matter including how you say things...In this case it was hollow as heck. I also thought the same of Keenum their all bum, avg Qb's. If its your job to win games, shut up and go do that, don't make excuses, don't worry about the rookies, don't give teammates a reason to think you have attitude issues, don't give the media or fans reason.

you come out you perform, do your job, put wins and performance on paper and that's how you get backing and become the guy.....Has Flacco done that since 2012?

Elevation inc
05-16-2019, 08:36 AM

They both suck, lol

TXBRONC
05-16-2019, 08:40 AM
I don't care if he was writing a novel or answering a question, his whole career has created discussion about how he answers in interviews, how he is with the media and teammates, how he is as a leader. He created that. The media didn't decide that for his whole career it was just gonna bag on Flacco. how he has been during his career has created these discussion topics.

He is in Denver now, he needs to shut the f'up and win some games period.....If people want to blindly have faith he is going to somehow be what we need or a elite or a QB in their prime based off a couple OTA's so be it...fine, that's not me...and wont be....results, actions and words matter including how you say things...In this case it was hollow as heck. I also thought the same of Keenum their all bum, avg Qb's. If its your job to win games, shut up and go do that, don't make excuses, don't worry about the rookies, don't give teammates a reason to think you have attitude issues, don't give the media or fans reason.

you come out you perform, do your job, put wins and performance on paper and that's how you get backing and become the guy.....Has Flacco done that since 2012?

He won't have a chance to do that until the season start until questions are going to come and he's going have to answer them . I don't think anyone, myself included is under the impression that Flacco is going turn himself into an elite quarterback. If Drew Lock is able overtake Flacco so be it, I'm all for it however, I just don't expect it. If I'm not mistaken, the goal for Lock is to win the back up quarterback spot.

Elevation inc
05-16-2019, 08:51 AM
He won't have a chance to do that until the season start until questions are going to come and he's going have to answer them . I don't think anyone, myself included is under the impression that Flacco is going turn himself into an elite quarterback. If Drew Lock is able overtake Flacco so be it, I'm all for it however, I just don't expect it. If I'm not mistaken, the goal for Lock is to win the back up quarterback spot.

were just talking around each other, is what it is.....

SR
05-16-2019, 08:52 AM
I'm not upset about anything with regards to his mentor comments only the its my job to win games crap...its hollow coming from him.....all my posts reflect this in this thread....its a valid point. If your job is to win games then shut the hell up and play well. He hasn't done that in 5 years consistently so as i alluded to its hollow as heck coming from him....that's why it bugs me. I would of rather him said I'm here to play football and I want to focus on that....nothing crazy....its not the elevation goes crazy on Flacco crap everyone thinks it is......

But if Peyton Manning would've said this same exact thing about Brock Osweiler, and he very well may have, you wouldn't say a darn thing about it.

Elevation inc
05-16-2019, 08:54 AM
But if Peyton Manning would've said this same exact thing about Brock Osweiler, and he very well may have, you wouldn't say a darn thing about it.

you don't read very well. Already stated the mentorship comments didn't bother me, but please keep telling me how you think I'm going to respond.....

and if Peyton said its my job to go out here and win I wouldn't have any issue with that because he has a entire career of consistent badass domination and leadership, with zero question about the type of leader he is, which doesn't make those comments sound hollow, so.....as I was actually saying.....not what you thought i was saying....

TXBRONC
05-16-2019, 08:54 AM
were just talking around each other, is what it is.....

I understand what you've been saying.

Shazam!
05-16-2019, 09:00 AM
I hope Flacco has a career year. And is voted Comeback Player of the Year. Amd makes the Pro Bowl. And leads Denver to the Playoffs. And watxh the Elevation apology tour.

Elevation inc
05-16-2019, 09:03 AM
I hope Flacco has a career year. And is voted Comeback Player of the Year. Amd makes the Pro Bowl. And leads Denver to the Playoffs. And watxh the Elevation apology tour.

Your right I will admit I was wrong and he killed it for the first time in 5 years. I have already alluded to being willing to do this for months.....not sure what your point is.....I have also made a point to say he needs to go out and win some games and do something for us and he would have my support. I don't have to blindly just support the man because he is in Denver now.....I have free speech rights as well FYI.....

slim
05-16-2019, 09:06 AM

True, but you can say that about all my posts

TXBRONC
05-16-2019, 09:12 AM
True, but you can say that about all my posts

You're the best of us Slim. The VERY BEST. :salute:

MOtorboat
05-16-2019, 09:23 AM

Don’t encourage him.

slim
05-16-2019, 11:30 AM
Don’t encourage him.

You know you love me.

MOtorboat
05-16-2019, 11:33 AM
You know you love me.

It’s difficult at times.

Poet
05-16-2019, 11:36 AM
He's a cancer.

TXBRONC
05-16-2019, 12:39 PM
He's a cancer.

If you're talking about Slim, shut your pie hole. :D

PatriotsGuy
05-16-2019, 01:32 PM
Can someone fix the thread title, my OCD is spazzing out

TXBRONC
05-16-2019, 01:37 PM

When aren't you spazzing out? :D

Nomad
05-16-2019, 05:32 PM

I herr ya. :D

Nomad
05-16-2019, 05:33 PM
Just win games, Flacco.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-16-2019, 05:37 PM
I put this here as Lock also talks about Joe mentoring him - two separate videos

https://www.tmz.com/2019/05/16/drew-lock-noah-fant-denver-broncos-joe-flacco-airport-shuttle-crash/

Nomad
05-16-2019, 05:40 PM
Another thing.....many of you complaining don’t even like Flacco (as a player, how he plays, or person), so why in the hell would you want him mentoring our supposedly QBOTF? I find it to be selective outrage, and hypocritical.

Shazam!
05-16-2019, 05:54 PM
Another thing.....many of you complaining don’t even like Flacco (as a player, how he plays, or person), so why in the hell would you want him mentoring our supposedly QBOTF? I find it to be selective outrage, and hypocritical.

Selective outrage... I like that. Im gonna use that when i get complaints at work now.

slim
05-16-2019, 08:52 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26761866/broncos-qb-lock-flacco-great-me?platform=amp

Poet
05-16-2019, 09:02 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26761866/broncos-qb-lock-flacco-great-me?platform=amp

Sad that Lock has to be more of a leader than Flacco.

Poet
05-16-2019, 09:03 PM

I want people to do their jobs.

Nomad
05-16-2019, 09:07 PM
I want people to do their jobs.

Rich Scangarello will coach up Lock. Flacco will lead by example by winning games.

High five me, King

Poet
05-16-2019, 09:11 PM
Rich Scangarello will coach up Lock. Flacco will lead by example by winning games.

His job isn't just to 'lead by example' as he's a veteran QB and we have what we think is the QBotF.

MOtorboat
05-16-2019, 09:22 PM
I don’t understand why they drafted the type of quarterback who should be ready to start after they traded for a starter because the rookie won’t get reps. He’ll be holding a clipboard.

BroncoWave
05-16-2019, 09:23 PM
His job isn't just to 'lead by example' as he's a veteran QB and we have what we think is the QBotF.

King, both Elway and Lock have stated nothing but complete satisfaction about how Flacco is going about things. Do you think maybe you overacted to the initial quote and are just digging your heels in?

slim
05-16-2019, 10:05 PM
Sad that Lock has to be more of a leader than Flacco.

Sad that you don't understand how things work outside of a textbook

Cugel
05-16-2019, 11:03 PM
I don’t understand why they drafted the type of quarterback who should be ready to start after they traded for a starter because the rookie won’t get reps. He’ll be holding a clipboard.

Drew Lock is not remotely ready to start. He said as much at his first presser. He's in a good situation because he won't have to start year one unless Flacco just totally bombs or is injured.

Poet
05-16-2019, 11:03 PM

That's a pretty personal attack.

You don't know my life experiences, either. :lol:

Poet
05-16-2019, 11:04 PM
King, both Elway and Lock have stated nothing but complete satisfaction about how Flacco is going about things. Do you think maybe you overacted to the initial quote and are just digging your heels in?

No.

I don't dig my heels in, regardless of how people want to portray me.

BeefStew25
05-16-2019, 11:04 PM
King, Harris is better than Chanp. Cmon let’s get back to serious discussions.

MOtorboat
05-16-2019, 11:18 PM
Drew Lock is not remotely ready to start. He said as much at his first presser. He's in a good situation because he won't have to start year one unless Flacco just totally bombs or is injured.

I’m glad he’s playing the good soldier.

I call complete bullshit on that, though. First-round grade quarterbacks, as he was, are ready to start. This has been a thing for about five or six years. He’s plenty ready. Hopefully, not getting reps won’t hurt him.

BeefStew25
05-16-2019, 11:54 PM
He can earn it Mo.

MOtorboat
05-17-2019, 12:46 AM
He can earn it Mo.

Go team!

Elevation inc
05-17-2019, 12:56 AM

I'm one of the biggest Flacco critics here but already alluded to the not the mentoring portion of his comments not bothering me so not sure what you mean here.

Elevation inc
05-17-2019, 01:01 AM
I’m glad he’s playing the good soldier.

I call complete bullshit on that, though. First-round grade quarterbacks, as he was, are ready to start. This has been a thing for about five or six years. He’s plenty ready. Hopefully, not getting reps won’t hurt him.

I'm banking on 1 of 3 things going to happen. Flacco is going to play better than he has in 5 years and everyone will settle down, and be happy were finally back in the playoffs. Lock will end up replacing him during the season if he plays crappy, or we will ride another mediocre season out when Flacco doesn't play well, start lock the last game or 2 of the season and ride with him next year.

2 of those 3.....I get to watch people squirm and eat crow, 1 of those I get to eat crow. In the end I still hope Lock woops that ass and sends Flacco packing sooner rather then later because that is good for the long term future of this Franchise lol

MOtorboat
05-17-2019, 02:42 AM
I'm banking on 1 of 3 things going to happen. Flacco is going to play better than he has in 5 years and everyone will settle down, and be happy were finally back in the playoffs. Lock will end up replacing him during the season if he plays crappy, or we will ride another mediocre season out when Flacco doesn't play well, start lock the last game or 2 of the season and ride with him next year.

2 of those 3.....I get to watch people squirm and eat crow, 1 of those I get to eat crow. In the end I still hope Lock woops that ass and sends Flacco packing sooner rather then later because that is good for the long term future of this Franchise lol

Elway whiffed on the strategy last year at quarterback and this year he’s trying to go both routes to make up for a bad gamble. Veteran starter (not backup) and early-round rookie. It’s a complete overreaction to last year’s signing a bad veteran and not drafting a rookie when he should have.

I hope it works out too. I’m skeptical. Flacco hasn’t played at an above-average level for a few seasons and the rookie won’t be getting reps.

Elevation inc
05-17-2019, 02:50 AM
Elway whiffed on the strategy last year at quarterback and this year he’s trying to go both routes to make up for a bad gamble. Veteran starter (not backup) and early-round rookie. It’s a complete overreaction to last year’s signing a bad veteran and not drafting a rookie when he should have.

I hope it works out too. I’m skeptical. Flacco hasn’t played at an above-average level for a few seasons and the rookie won’t be getting reps.

yeah pretty much I felt, and as you alluded to...Lock wont get any snaps with the 1's, hopefully he dominates with the 2's so they have no choice but to see at some point what he does with the 1's lol. Its early though and everyone looks good in shorts. True tests are still yet to come.....

BroncoWave
05-17-2019, 05:58 AM
No.

You kinda are on this one, my friend. If Flacco is being so unprofessional, how do you explain Elway and Lock's quotes?

TXBRONC
05-17-2019, 06:55 AM
I'm one of the biggest Flacco critics here but already alluded to the not the mentoring portion of his comments not bothering me so not sure what you mean here.

I would have never guess you were one of Flacco's biggest critics. :D

Elevation inc
05-17-2019, 06:57 AM
I would have never guess you were one of Flacco's biggest critics. :D

I know its a surprise to everyone.....:lol:

slim
05-17-2019, 09:05 AM
That's a pretty personal attack.

You don't know my life experiences, either. :lol:

No more personal than your attack on Flacco.

Also, I know just as much about your life experiences as you know about Flaccos.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-17-2019, 09:27 AM
DENVER (AP) — Drew Lock doesn’t begrudge Joe Flacco for saying that winning games — not mentoring the rookie quarterback — is his top priority. “I think if any quarterback’s main goal isn’t focused on winning games, first off, it’s not the quarterback you want on your team,” Lock told The Associated Press in a phone interview Thursday.

On Monday, Flacco, who was acquired from Baltimore in January, said he’s too busy learning a new offense to concern himself with grooming his supposed successor, a stance that drew praise from general manager John Elway and coach Vic Fangio but criticism from the likes of Kurt Warner and other media members who viewed it as selfish.

“I feel like if it would have been like the exact opposite answer, people would have scrutinized him for not wanting to win football games first,” Lock said. “It’s such a double standard there with what people are making out of what he said.”

Lock said his budding relationship with Flacco has been great.

rest - good for Drew - https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/05/16/broncos-drew-lock-joe-flacco/

BroncoJoe
05-17-2019, 09:31 AM
“Me and Joe talk out on the field, talk over things in the QB room. I mean, it’s hard even to think about how couldn’t I learn from the guy when we’re in the same QB room every day and on the same field every day and I get to watch his reps, I get to hear the play calls he’s running in my head through the helmet. I think it was just mainly him stating that, yeah, I do have a young quarterback underneath me right now but don’t forget that I’m here to win football games.

“And he thinks that he can do that and so do I.”

- Drew Lock

PatriotsGuy
05-17-2019, 09:32 AM
When aren't spazzing out? :D

I'm not herr to be made sport of

Nomad
05-17-2019, 09:51 AM

Then my post wasn't meant for you. ;)

Nomad
05-17-2019, 09:53 AM
No.

You are like a hard headed mule/donkey/....... :D

slim
05-17-2019, 10:34 AM
King - let's talk about how CHJ is the greatest CB of all time.

Poet
05-17-2019, 10:46 AM

The hi-five from Joe, whom I thought I had mended fences with, hurts too.

Hello darkness my old friend. I've been let down by Slim-Joe again.

TXBRONC
05-17-2019, 10:47 AM

Yes you arr.

TXBRONC
05-17-2019, 10:57 AM
The hi-five from Joe, whom I thought I had mended fences with, hurts too.

Hello darkness my old friend. I've been let down by Slim-Joe again.

Slim is just keeping you grounded so that your ego doesn't run amok.

Poet
05-17-2019, 11:06 AM
Slim is just keeping you grounded so that your ego doesn't run amok.

This doesn't play well with my combo of outlandlish style and victimhood trolling, so I'm just going to ignore it and continue on.

Slim is oppressive.

Nomad
05-17-2019, 11:10 AM
MuleKing

TXBRONC
05-17-2019, 11:12 AM
This doesn't play well with my combo of outlandlish style and victimhood trolling, so I'm just going to ignore it and continue on.

Slim is oppressive.

It's possible that Slim has accused of being offensive (I would say that) but oppressive? Not a chance.

Poet
05-17-2019, 11:28 AM
MuleKing

I hi-fived the post you asked me to hi-five.

I want to be referred to as FatKing or SandwichKing

TXBRONC
05-17-2019, 11:29 AM

But MuleKing fits you better.

Shazam!
05-17-2019, 12:07 PM
King define 'fat' how fat are you

Poet
05-17-2019, 12:08 PM

A slender 330-35 pounds on a six foot frame.

But I'm so god damned handsome.

The Glue Factory
05-17-2019, 12:34 PM
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwja9qWJjKPiAhVHwlQKHcctBr4QjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2Fgallery%2FgNjCuMC&psig=AOvVaw109SVPWb-tKWl9BI3ENh3X&ust=1558200675385356

Slim is oppressive.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwja9qWJjKPiAhVHwlQKHcctBr4QjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2Fgallery%2FgNjCuMC&psig=AOvVaw109SVPWb-tKWl9BI3ENh3X&ust=1558200675385356https://i.imgflip.com/12kzle.jpg

Jsteve01
05-17-2019, 05:05 PM

**** you pags. I tried to fix it but once you post a damn thread it's over. I have fat greasy fingers and post in my basement on my iphone 5 okay?

Jsteve01
05-17-2019, 05:06 PM

Henceforth and in perpetuity the aforementioned Kinger shall hereby be know as FatSammichKing. So help me Hawg

Shazam!
05-17-2019, 05:11 PM

Holy ****ing shit. Youre a Whale.

Nomad
05-17-2019, 05:22 PM

WoW. No filter.

Shazam!
05-17-2019, 05:26 PM

WoW. No filter.

It is King after all.

Nomad
05-17-2019, 05:27 PM
It is King after all.

King is my lovable pal. I'd go to battle for him.

Shazam!
05-17-2019, 05:30 PM
It is King after all.

King is my lovable pal. I'd go to battle for him.

I have plenty of stuff in my armory to weapon up.

Poet
05-17-2019, 05:53 PM

I’d ask you for workout tips, but I don’t do...never mind.

Shazam!
05-17-2019, 06:06 PM

I’d ask you for workout tips, but I don’t do...never mind.

Have no fear Im no gym rat never claimed to be

Poet
05-17-2019, 06:24 PM

I only fear stairs and God.

Shazam!
05-17-2019, 06:47 PM

How old are you king

Timmy!
05-17-2019, 09:14 PM

Preach brother.

#teamfatty

Timmy!
05-17-2019, 09:17 PM

God's a puzzy. I fear a fridge with no booze and high gas prices.

Nomad
05-17-2019, 09:32 PM
God's a puzzy. I fear a fridge with no booze and high gas prices.

Don't move to California.

TXBRONC
05-17-2019, 10:12 PM
**** you pags. I tried to fix it but once you post a damn thread it's over. I have fat greasy fingers and post in my basement on my iphone 5 okay?

I think the Mods can fix it.

Timmy!
05-17-2019, 10:17 PM
Don't move to California.

Lol. God no. Then again since all of them are moving here maybe I should move there just to troll them.

Nomad
05-17-2019, 10:43 PM
Lol. God no. Then again since all of them are moving here maybe I should move there just to troll them.

What do you think of Hamilton?

Simple Jaded
05-17-2019, 11:02 PM
Thor is #TeamFatty.

Northman
05-17-2019, 11:11 PM
Thor is #TeamFatty.

Ill drink a beer to that!

Simple Jaded
05-17-2019, 11:15 PM
Ill drink a beer to that!

Everybody shittin their pants over it too.

Smdh

Timmy!
05-18-2019, 12:22 AM
What do you think of Hamilton?

Hamilton is really nice. I don't get there very often.

Elevation inc
05-20-2019, 08:30 AM

Smdh

That's because society as a whole has gone full Emo, with tons of crybaby's in the world today, that get over sensitive and offended by everything.

Even saying Flacco sucks gets peoples panties in a bunch :laugh: :laugh:

Shazam!
05-20-2019, 08:41 AM

Smdh

That's because society as a whole has gone full Emo, with tons of crybaby's in the world today, that get over sensitive and offended by everything.

Like Im always insisting Flacco and Elway sucks that there is no debate or discussion about that opinion gets my panties in a bunch :laugh: :laugh:

Sounds like youre talking about yourself. I edited it for you.

Elevation inc
05-20-2019, 08:45 AM
Sounds like youre talking about yourself. I edited it for you.

You should at least be truthful when editing and putting words in peoples mouth. I Don't have a problem with the broncos, Elway, the defense, the run game, most of the plyers in general. Heck I even like the coaching staff. I Just am not a fan of Flacco.

The best part of this is you pretty much made my point. I figured I would just let people self identify, and you happened to do so.

Elevation inc
05-20-2019, 08:49 AM
Its also funny as I pretty much get told to shut up and color, give Flacco a chance and get over it.....Everything is rainbows and blah blah blah...Why is that? Oh its because I cant have my own opinion against the majority of the forum.....some stupid ass hypocritical bullshit. Its no wonder people get banned and lose their shit here lol

BeefStew25
05-20-2019, 08:55 AM
Its also funny as I pretty much get told to shut up and color, give Flacco a chance and get over it.....Everything is rainbows and blah blah blah...Why is that? Oh its because I cant have my own opinion against the majority of the forum.....some stupid ass hypocritical bullshit. Its no wonder people get banned and lose their shit here lol

Try this:

I have some serious reservations about Flacco but let’s watch the games and see.

Shazam!
05-20-2019, 08:55 AM

Omg bro. See.

I just thrown in Elway.

Elevation inc
05-20-2019, 08:56 AM
Try this:

I have some serious reservations about Flacco but let’s watch the games and see.

said it a million times even that way but still people try and troll.....even alluded to eating crow if he showed me wrong. Not hard to see

Elevation inc
05-20-2019, 08:57 AM
Omg bro. See.

See what? that your being hypocritical? I'm actually not offended and am even laughing at your keyboard warrior tactics Shazam......

BeefStew25
05-20-2019, 08:58 AM
said it a million times even that way but still people try and troll.....

Well maybe you aren’t that big of a fan.

Shazam!
05-20-2019, 08:59 AM
Omg bro. See.

See what? that your being hypocritical?

Youre the one losing your shit.

Elevation inc
05-20-2019, 09:00 AM
Try this:

and why do i have to say it that way, to protect peoples feelings? that's my point exactly.....a emo society that cant handle anything negative lol

Elevation inc
05-20-2019, 09:01 AM
Youre the one losing your shit.

i didn't know making comments and laughing out loud was losing my shit.....LOL(i put in caps since your blind apparently....:laugh: now i added the emoji so maybe you get it....)

Shazam!
05-20-2019, 09:02 AM
said it a million times even that way but still people try and troll.....

E where were you when Denver made the blockbuster acquisition of Kyle freakin Orton

Elevation inc
05-20-2019, 09:04 AM

Of the Broncos? Seriously I think most here know that not to be the case...if not **** em then don't care. I don't have to prove my fan hood to a bunch of keyboard warriors to feel good for the day because i dislike Flacco :laugh:

Elevation inc
05-20-2019, 09:04 AM
E where were you when Denver made the blockbuster acquisition of Kyle freakin Orton

Saying the same shit I'm saying now about Flacco.....

BroncoJoe
05-20-2019, 09:06 AM
https://memeguy.com/photos/thumbs/mrw-when-i-went-to-a-thread-where-every-comment-was-negatively-voted-79837.gif

Elevation inc
05-20-2019, 09:06 AM
https://memeguy.com/photos/thumbs/mrw-when-i-went-to-a-thread-where-every-comment-was-negatively-voted-79837.gif

This made me chuckle......

BeefStew25
05-20-2019, 09:07 AM
Of the Broncos? Seriously I think most here know that not to be the case...if not **** em then don't care. I don't have to prove my fan hood to a bunch of keyboard warriors to feel good for the day because i dislike Flacco :laugh:

Are you a boy or girl

Elevation inc
05-20-2019, 09:08 AM
Are you a boy or girl

Neither....

Shazam!
05-20-2019, 09:10 AM

Saying the same shit I'm saying now about Flacco.....

So youre saying Orton is kinda equal to Flacco

Shazam!
05-20-2019, 09:11 AM
Are you a boy or girl

Neither....

See? It was you you were talking about.

All emo genderless crybabies nowadays...

Elevation inc
05-20-2019, 09:16 AM
So youre saying Orton is kinda equal to Flacco

I'm saying I'm tired of the thinking that just because a QB ends up in Denver he is going to magically be different and better then the QB He has been the previous location.....An Avg QB doesn't become elite just because he ended up in Denver. Maybe Flacco wows everyone and I eat crow and you all bask in the glory. I'm actually okay with that because it means we had a good season. I have said as much in multiple post and threads.

The fact is many said Orton would be good and be the guy under tutelage from MCD because he is a guru and blah blah blah, similar things are now being said about Flacco. Both Orton and Flacco weren't that great in the years prior to coming to Denver, so to have pessimism around their success isn't that hard to understand.

Elevation inc
05-20-2019, 09:17 AM
See? It was you you were talking about.

All emo genderless crybabies nowadays...

This deserved a Hi-five :laugh: but I am a man not a woman but a man lol...this boy girl thing I know nothing of....

Nomad
05-20-2019, 09:57 AM
Go Flacco!

SR
05-20-2019, 10:53 AM

Love the irony of you calling people "keyboard warriors". Thanks for the laugh!

SR
05-20-2019, 10:54 AM
Go Flacco!

I really hope Flacco grows back his ultra-douchey mustache just to piss E off.

Nomad
05-20-2019, 11:22 AM

Joe's smilin at Inc. :D

Nomad
05-20-2019, 11:25 AM
Try this:

This is great advice.

Northman
05-20-2019, 12:32 PM
Go Flacco!

Saw a Bronco fan the other day already with a Flacco Broncos jersey.

Northman
05-20-2019, 12:34 PM
This deserved a Hi-five :laugh: but I am a man not a woman but a man lol...this boy girl thing I know nothing of....

https://media1.tenor.com/images/b7295983ebcc3a899af9c5da7355acb1/tenor.gif?itemid=10702529

Nomad
05-20-2019, 12:59 PM
Saw a Bronco fan the other day already with a Flacco Broncos jersey.

Someone's trolling Baltimore. :D I'll remain somewhat optimistic that Flacco will come in and be a good QB, especially better than what we've had lately.

I guess I find a little pleasure in Inc's meltdowns. I know, I'm a sad individual. :D

Poet
05-20-2019, 01:10 PM
Try this:

I think that's what he, as is everyone else not stoked about Flacco, are doing.

I, for one, look forward to average QB play with an occasional deep pass connected.

slim
05-20-2019, 01:13 PM
This is great advice.

The old wait and see approach. It seems obvious, but I guess maybe it's not.

Poet
05-20-2019, 01:15 PM

It's more the 'wait and see while lecturing anyone with an opinion that isn't optimistic while also reserving the right to not be 'wrong' but being able to gloat if the QB play works out' line that bothers people.

:D

BroncoJoe
05-20-2019, 01:24 PM

I really feel like this post should have gotten more High Five's.

slim
05-20-2019, 01:51 PM
It's more the 'wait and see while lecturing anyone with an opinion that isn't optimistic while also reserving the right to not be 'wrong' but being able to gloat if the QB play works out' line that bothers people.

:D

Yeah, or maybe some people don't feel the need to try and predict the future because it seems like a waste of time to do so?

Poet
05-20-2019, 01:53 PM
Yeah, or maybe some people don't feel the need to try and predict the future because it seems like a waste of time to do so?

One can do one without the other.

It's also a message board, so let's not make predictions or voice opinions because that's a great way for a message board to function!

Outlaaaaaaaaaaaaaaandish!

Nomad
05-20-2019, 02:06 PM
He's staring into your soul, King.

BroncoJoe
05-20-2019, 02:07 PM
Flacco will be a top 5-10 rated QB this year.

slim
05-20-2019, 03:00 PM

It's also a message board, so let's not make predictions or voice opinions because that's a great way for a message board to function!

I'm glad you are finally in a good mood!!

Poet
05-20-2019, 03:18 PM
I'm glad you are finally in a good mood!!

Rejoice!

BroncoJoe
05-20-2019, 03:25 PM
Rejoice!

I hope he is as happy as you are today!

:couch:

TXBRONC
05-20-2019, 03:32 PM
Rejoice!

The only question is how long will your joyous mood last:questionmark:

Elevation inc
05-20-2019, 03:33 PM
Love the irony of you calling people "keyboard warriors". Thanks for the laugh!

Says the guy trolling with one liners and zero worthwhile debate to offer while I’m laughing and having a good time with it......

Elevation inc
05-20-2019, 03:34 PM

I didn’t mind his mustache just don’t like his recent QB skills.....

Elevation inc
05-20-2019, 03:35 PM
Joe's smilin at Inc. :D

Seems to be.....

Elevation inc
05-20-2019, 03:36 PM
This is great advice.

Already did it a bunch...didn’t matter Flacco is a apparent god in these parts already without ever throwing a pass for Denver yet.

Elevation inc
05-20-2019, 03:38 PM
Someone's trolling Baltimore. :D I'll remain somewhat optimistic that Flacco will come in and be a good QB, especially better than what we've had lately.

I guess I find a little pleasure in Inc's meltdowns. I know, I'm a sad individual. :D

I thought we were friends :laugh:....and let’s be real meltdowns you all trippin lol

Elevation inc
05-20-2019, 03:39 PM

Oh got it must wait and see or you’re bad fan and having a meltdown....sum it up lol?

Elevation inc
05-20-2019, 03:41 PM
Flacco will be a top 5-10 rated QB this year.

That’s good news for us if it happens, and when it does I will be happy.

Elevation inc
05-20-2019, 03:44 PM

It’s all good king I’m there huckleberry. Gotta have someone on the opposite side. I’m gonna ride or die till Flacco proves he is better then the QB he has been the last 5 years. It ain’t no sweat to keep it rollin.....

Elevation inc
05-20-2019, 03:45 PM
I really feel like this post should have gotten more High Five's.

You are correct good sir....