PDA

View Full Version : Your 2019 Draft Class Denver Broncos

Northman
04-27-2019, 02:57 PM
Round1·
Pick 20
(20)

Noah Fant (https://www.nfl.com/prospects/noah-fant?id=32194641-4e40-5165-5070-db7e36dbc0d7)
TE
Iowa

PIT > DEN

Round2·
Pick 9
(41)

Dalton Risner (https://www.nfl.com/prospects/dalton-risner?id=32195249-5344-7993-8f0d-2bff7b149b04)
T
Kansas State

Round2·
Pick 10
(42)

Drew Lock (https://www.nfl.com/prospects/drew-lock?id=32194c4f-4337-4482-904c-a47f8df1d41b)
QB
Missouri

CIN > DEN

Round3·
Pick 8
(71)

Dre'mont Jones (https://www.nfl.com/prospects/dre'mont-jones?id=32194a4f-4e26-3738-301d-a05e4abae41c)
DT
Ohio State

Round5·
Pick 18
(156)

Justin Hollins (https://www.nfl.com/prospects/justin-hollins?id=3219484f-4c28-0071-762d-8ad408d91442)
EDGE
Oregon

MIN > DEN

Round6·
Pick 15
(187)

Juwann Winfree (https://www.nfl.com/prospects/juwann-winfree?id=32195749-4e16-4177-922b-27ea221a4749)
WR
Colorado

CAR > DEN

Cugel
04-27-2019, 07:38 PM
They actually got a nice haul. NOt as good as last year's draft but last year they were drafting 5th in every round. That gets you a better class of players. Those early second rounders are pretty much equal to late first rounders, and so on for the later rounds.

I criticized moving back and getting another draft pick but Elway was clever enough to score his future franchise QB with his second pick of the 2nd round so that worked out better than I expected. He's very raw, but they can develop him for a couple of years behind Flacco, and let him learn. Then in year 3 he can step in and hopefully start.

If after a year he still looks confused like Paxton Lynch, you can always go out in the 2020 draft and draft a QB in the first round. If not, then you just keep rolling.

It would be amazing to find your future long term QB with the #42 pick.

Northman
04-27-2019, 07:46 PM

Absolutely, and whats better is its not a reach nor a project. We actually got a bonafide 1st graded QB at a great value there. Will Lock be the guy? No one knows but the potential is much higher than the past QB selections.

Nomad
04-27-2019, 09:12 PM
Absolutely, and whats better is its not a reach nor a project. We actually got a bonafide 1st graded QB at a great value there. Will Lock be the guy? No one knows but the potential is much higher than the past QB selections.

I believe the Broncos played this draft perfectly. I was real big on White, but even I know he wasn't worth moving up for. The more I read on this Lock kid, the more I like him. I still believe any of these QBs were reaches in the top 10. I guess we'll find out with the Giants.

Simple Jaded
04-27-2019, 10:52 PM
Can’t believe they traded up for a WR they could’ve had with their original pick, Elway sucks.

OrangeHoof
04-27-2019, 10:54 PM
I saw all three of our top picks listed regularly as first-rounders so I'm pleased in that regard. Jones will make an impact and we now have a second guy to crack Juwanna Mann jokes at.

I was mentally prepared to see the Broncos take Lock at #10 so to get the same guy, plus a deep-threat TE llke Fant and a 2020 3rd rounder is outstanding, even if we had to give up a 4th and a 6th to do it.

Makes you wonder if the Broncos had stood pat and taken Lock instead of Risner then grabbed an OL at #52 if it would have worked out better. Assuming someone else took Risner before #52, the next drafted OLs were Max Sharping, Michael Deiter, Nate Davis and the Other Connor McGovern. Personally, I would have been happy with Deiter at 52 and kept my picks in the 4th and 6th.

Simple Jaded
04-27-2019, 10:57 PM
I saw all three of our top picks listed regularly as first-rounders so I'm pleased in that regard. Jones will make an impact and we now have a second guy to crack Juwanna Mann jokes at.

I was mentally prepared to see the Broncos take Lock at #10 so to get the same guy, plus a deep-threat TE llke Fant and a 2020 3rd rounder is outstanding, even if we had to give up a 4th and a 6th to do it.

Makes you wonder if the Broncos had stood pat and taken Lock instead of Risner then grabbed an OL at #52 if it would have worked out better. Assuming someone else took Risner before #52, the next drafted OLs were Max Sharping, Michael Deiter, Nate Davis and the Other Connor McGovern. Personally, I would have been happy with Deiter at 52 and kept my picks in the 4th and 6th.

Agreed, Broncos got three 1st round picks.

Elevation inc
04-28-2019, 12:25 PM
I very happy with the draft. everything worked out. Im starting to think Elway truly learned his lesson after the 2017 draft debacle.....

Shazam!
04-28-2019, 01:00 PM
I very happy with the draft. everything worked out. Im starting to think Elway truly learned his lesson after the 2017 draft debacle.....

Will you stop crying now

Timmy!
04-28-2019, 01:10 PM
They actually got a nice haul. NOt as good as last year's draft but last year they were drafting 5th in every round. That gets you a better class of players. Those early second rounders are pretty much equal to late first rounders, and so on for the later rounds.

I criticized moving back and getting another draft pick but Elway was clever enough to score his future franchise QB with his second pick of the 2nd round so that worked out better than I expected. He's very raw, but they can develop him for a couple of years behind Flacco, and let him learn. Then in year 3 he can step in and hopefully start.

If after a year he still looks confused like Paxton Lynch, you can always go out in the 2020 draft and draft a QB in the first round. If not, then you just keep rolling.

Raw? Lock was a 4 year starter in the SEC. That's about as unraw as it gets.

Shazam!
04-28-2019, 01:20 PM

He is 'raw'. Needs to work behind C. His footwork and mechanics need refinement, but hes not Paxton Lynch raw.

Cugel
04-28-2019, 03:59 PM

Raw for the NFL. Some QBs are more prepared for the NFL than others. Lock is pretty much of a project. He even said in his interview that he has some technical issues with his footwork.

THat's what caused him to fall to the second round.

Nomad
04-28-2019, 04:44 PM

Glad to see you're happy, Inc. I was a little worried about you with the Flacco hysteria. :D

Denver Native (Carol)
04-28-2019, 05:09 PM
Getting dusty in here... @nrfant's parents describe how their 11-pound, 1-ounce son turned into the @Broncos' first round pick. #NFLDraft

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1122334991227056128

Nomad
04-28-2019, 05:31 PM
Damn! 11lbs 1oz.

Davii
04-29-2019, 10:54 AM
Damn! 11lbs 1oz.

His poor Mom... and Dad, they never had sex again!

TXBRONC
04-29-2019, 11:36 AM
I believe the Broncos played this draft perfectly. I was real big on White, but even I know he wasn't worth moving up for. The more I read on this Lock kid, the more I like him. I still believe any of these QBs were reaches in the top 10. I guess we'll find out with the Giants.

Agreed, Elway did play the draft perfectly. I like the Lock pick, but I'm concerned because Shane gave him the kiss of death. :D

Denver Native (Carol)
04-29-2019, 11:39 AM
Of course Dalton and his family drove up to Denver for his press conference, and this is great when they arrived back home.

https://twitter.com/9NEWSSports/status/1122338445916102656

TXBRONC
04-29-2019, 12:01 PM
The more I look at this draft class the better I feel about it.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-29-2019, 12:30 PM
Denver Broncos’ 2019 NFL draft picks: Everything you need to know

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/04/29/denver-broncos-2019-draft-picks/

TXBRONC
04-29-2019, 12:48 PM
Denver Broncos’ 2019 NFL draft picks: Everything you need to know

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/04/29/denver-broncos-2019-draft-picks/

I'm looking forward to the preseason. I am excited to see these guys play in the preseason. For someone like Lock this will be only time we'll get to see him play bar injury.

Northman
04-29-2019, 01:05 PM
Of course Dalton and his family drove up to Denver for his press conference, and this is great when they arrived back home.

https://twitter.com/9NEWSSports/status/1122338445916102656

Thats awesome.

TXBRONC
04-29-2019, 01:50 PM
Thats awesome.

I wonder where he'll play? From what I'm reading he seems to be a better fit for left tackle than for center.

Northman
04-29-2019, 01:53 PM
I wonder where he'll play? From what I'm reading he seems to be a better fit for left tackle than for center.

From what i have heard it will probably be tackle. A lot of the college footage ive seen is from him playing that position. I suppose he could play center but i havent really heard anything about him actually playing that position.

TXBRONC
04-29-2019, 02:04 PM
From what i have heard it will probably be tackle. A lot of the college footage ive seen is from him playing that position. I suppose he could play center but i havent really heard anything about him actually playing that position.

I heard it mentioned that's all I can say. I have a hunch he's going to be our starting left tackle which means depending on what they want to do with McGovern Denver needs either a starting center or guard.

Cugel
04-29-2019, 04:12 PM
I heard it mentioned that's all I can say. I have a hunch he's going to be our starting left tackle which means depending on what they want to do with McGovern Denver needs either a starting center or guard.

There's no way he plays LT. If they decide that Bolles is just a bust, then they could possibly move Ju'Wan James to LT and have Risner play RT instead of G. But, they will try and get Bolles to not suck first, and only if he insists on continuing to suck despite receiving coaching from Munchak then they could just move Bolles to swing T backup, and start Wilkinson at RG, move James to LT and start Risner at RT.

I think that's the only chance he starts at T this year. But, they would prefer to play him at RG rather than T if possible.

TXBRONC
04-29-2019, 04:31 PM
There's no way he plays LT. If they decide that Bolles is just a bust, then they could possibly move Ju'Wan James to LT and have Risner play RT instead of G. But, they will try and get Bolles to not suck first, and only if he insists on continuing to suck despite receiving coaching from Munchak then they could just move Bolles to swing T backup, and start Wilkinson at RG, move James to LT and start Risner at RT.

I think that's the only chance he starts at T this year. But, they would prefer to play him at RG rather than T if possible.

Elway hasn't said where he'll play. He's played mostly at LT and I heard he's played a little at center. I don't see Denver moving a natural right tackle over to left tackle and natural left tackle to right tackle.

Shazam!
04-30-2019, 09:43 AM
Wht number will Lock wear no3 ?

TXBRONC
04-30-2019, 10:59 AM

Wadman is wearing number 3 right now. That doesn't Lock won't eventually get the number 3 but right now someone else has it.

Northman
04-30-2019, 11:14 AM
Lock will ask John to wear #7

Davii
04-30-2019, 11:15 AM

4, 6, and 15 are all available. Imagine seeing someone wearing 15 throw an accurate ball.

TXBRONC
04-30-2019, 11:36 AM
4, 6, and 15 are all available. Imagine seeing someone wearing 15 throw an accurate ball.

I have to see to believe it. :D

Shazam!
04-30-2019, 11:43 AM
Maybe he pay for 3

Cugel
04-30-2019, 04:10 PM
Elway hasn't said where he'll play. He's played mostly at LT and I heard he's played a little at center. I don't see Denver moving a natural right tackle over to left tackle and natural left tackle to right tackle.

According to reports, Risner will start out at LG. Ron Leary is coming off injury and had a disappointing tenure so far in Denver. The T's are Bolles and James at RT. That would make McGovern the C and Wilkes the RG but those positions are not set. They could easily move Leary over to RG for instance. Leary isn't terribly mobile anymore which makes him a better fit for RG.

That lineup would change only if Munchak concludes that Bolles sucks too bad to start at LT and they have to make a move.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-30-2019, 04:27 PM
Maybe he pay for 3

Wadman wears #3. He’s just a Punter. Lock should arm wrestle him for it...

Shazam!
04-30-2019, 05:52 PM
The bootleg Lock jersey is in sale but it's 3. I need to kno haha

Jsteve01
04-30-2019, 08:23 PM
According to reports, Risner will start out at LG. Ron Leary is coming off injury and had a disappointing tenure so far in Denver. The T's are Bolles and James at RT. That would make McGovern the C and Wilkes the RG but those positions are not set. They could easily move Leary over to RG for instance. Leary isn't terribly mobile anymore which makes him a better fit for RG.

That lineup would change only if Munchak concludes that Bolles sucks too bad to start at LT and they have to make a move.

A gimpy Leary at left guard with risner at Center and McGovern It Right Guard for my money is much better than having McGovern at Center. I've also heard that Jones can play center. The nice thing about having Mike here is that it'll be a fresh set of eyes and nobody's locked in other than perhaps James.

dogfish
04-30-2019, 09:50 PM

nah, they're gonna start him inside. . . heard an interview with him yesterday-- he said he hasn't talked to munchak that much yet, but he thinks the plan is to start him at guard (most likely on the right side), and also get him some reps at center, with the possibility of trying him at tackle later down the road if they need him there. . . i would expect the line to initially look like bolles - leary - mcgovern - risner - james, with wilkinson backing up leary if he's not ready for OTAs. . .

in any case, i'm not worried about it-- coach nunchucks will sort 'em out. . . i'm super stoked that they got him a guy like risner to work with-- smart investment. . . real smart. . .

Elevation inc
05-01-2019, 01:00 AM

Rumor is Winfree is going to wear 15.

Elevation inc
05-01-2019, 01:03 AM
nah, they're gonna start him inside. . . heard an interview with him yesterday-- he said he hasn't talked to munchak that much yet, but he thinks the plan is to start him at guard (most likely on the right side), and also get him some reps at center, with the possibility of trying him at tackle later down the road if they need him there. . . i would expect the line to initially look like bolles - leary - mcgovern - risner - james, with wilkinson backing up leary if he's not ready for OTAs. . .

in any case, i'm not worried about it-- coach nunchucks will sort 'em out. . . i'm super stoked that they got him a guy like risner to work with-- smart investment. . . real smart. . .

Yep short of Leary looking horrible this pre-season pretty sure he is going to be LG he is solid if healthy but there is question marks there for sure, only way he gets cut though is if he is just that bad he was pretty much locked in this year because of his contract and the injury guarantee he had, I agree with Risner at RG and McGovern at center, and the tackles already are pretty much set.

Cugel
05-01-2019, 07:51 PM
A gimpy Leary at left guard with risner at Center and McGovern It Right Guard for my money is much better than having McGovern at Center. I've also heard that Jones can play center. The nice thing about having Mike here is that it'll be a fresh set of eyes and nobody's locked in other than perhaps James.

There is ZERO chance they are going to start a raw rookie at C. The C has to know every offensive play inside and out, and know what shifts and assignments for the line to call. He has to be smart and think on his feet. And he must be a veteran capable of leading the OL.

Maybe Risner in his 3rd or 4th year might make the transition. As of now, the LAST, absolutely LAST place they would consider playing him is starting C.

Unless they are going to tank for Tua and want to lose 12 games to get a top 3 draft pick of course. :coffee:

Cugel
05-01-2019, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by dogfish View Post

in any case, i'm not worried about it-- coach nunchucks will sort 'em out. . . i'm super stoked that they got him a guy like risner to work with-- smart investment. . . real smart.

Dogfish is right, except that they will start Risner on the LEFT side, not the right, since Leary is coming off injury and will not be available right away. So, they will get to see how Risner does on the left side.

Leary is old and slowed by injury, while Risner is young and fast and athletic. The left side is the natural place for him, but when Leary comes back fully healthy then they may move Risner over to the right side. We don't know, but the strongest starting combo would be left to right - Bolles, Risner, McGovern, Leary, James.

TXBRONC
05-02-2019, 08:29 AM
There is ZERO chance they are going to start a raw rookie at C. The C has to know every offensive play inside and out, and know what shifts and assignments for the line to call. He has to be smart and think on his feet. And he must be a veteran capable of leading the OL.

Maybe Risner in his 3rd or 4th year might make the transition. As of now, the LAST, absolutely LAST place they would consider playing him is starting C.

Unless they are going to tank for Tua and want to lose 12 games to get a top 3 draft pick of course. :coffee:

If Denver loses 12 game it won't be because Denver played a rookie at center. Many teams have rookie centers who have done well.

Simple Jaded
05-02-2019, 10:14 PM
Weird how Risner was born to play the LEFT side when he’s played the right side for the majority of his career.

Cugel
05-03-2019, 10:33 AM
If Denver loses 12 game it won't be because Denver played a rookie at center. Many teams have rookie centers who have done well.

True, but usually they were drafted as centers and played a lot of center in college. For instance, the Broncos were reportedly interested in drafting Garrett Bradbury, who was taken at #18 by the Vikings. He won the Rimington Trophy for the best Center in college football last year.

If a team drafts a C in the first round, then yes, he's going to start.

You're probably right though that if the team loses 12 games it won't be because Connor McGovern sucked at C. That won't help of course, but it will more likely be because Joe Flacco played like Case Keesum.

TXBRONC
05-03-2019, 11:31 AM
True, but usually they were drafted as centers and played a lot of center in college. For instance, the Broncos were reportedly interested in drafting Garrett Bradbury, who was taken at #18 by the Vikings. He won the Rimington Trophy for the best Center in college football last year.

If a team drafts a C in the first round, then yes, he's going to start.

You're probably right though that if the team loses 12 games it won't be because Connor McGovern sucked at C. That won't help of course, but it will more likely be because Joe Flacco played like Case Keesum.

Sure, if the guy that plays center is suited for it won't help, at the end of the day one of main keys to whether Denver succeeds or fails is going to how the quarterback does.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-03-2019, 12:03 PM
Dalton Risner
‏ @DaltonBigD71

Work with @SixZeroAcademy

https://twitter.com/DaltonBigD71/status/1124065383823101959

Denver Native (Carol)
05-03-2019, 12:16 PM
OL Dalton Risner on playing for hometown Broncos: It's a 'dream come true'
Offensive lineman Dalton Risner joins NFL Network's "Up to the Minute" to talk about playing for his hometown team, his draft-day experience, rookie quarterback Drew Lock and more.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/ol-dalton-risner-on-playing-for-hometown-broncos-it-s-a-dream-come-true

NightTrainLayne
05-03-2019, 12:43 PM
Dalton Risner on local radio now with Dusty Dvoracek:

-Dusty really likes Risner, personally & as a player. Did lots of charity type work while at K-State.

-Saturday night in Wiggins: play pick-up basketball @ his house. Bonfires. 4-wheeling.

-Moment of pick: Tremendous feeling. Wanted to play in NFL his whole life, but to have John Elway & Von Miller calling his phone was amazing moment.

Dusty: I've always noticed your toughness, technique & tenaciousness. DR: That's just K-State football. Bill Snyder preaches that every day.

- Parents and community (Wiggins) instilled sense of responsibility for community. He started his foundation while in college, I didn't know that.

- Playing for Coach Snyder a lot of fun, but he is so detail oriented/old school. Day one he told Risner to cut his hair. He went and got a cut. Saw him the next day, and Snyder says, "I thought I told you to cut your hair." "I did coach, it was at my shoulders now it's just below my ears." "I said cut your hair, go get it cut." :D

- What position do you fit best at? Feels he can play across the board, and knows Broncos value that. Hasn't been told an exact position, but probably interior line. Wherever they put me, I'll go play there and have an impact. My goal is to earn respect of teammates, and coaching staff. I haven't done anything yet.

I really like this guy.

Simple Jaded
05-03-2019, 10:55 PM
Risner reportedly went to a Broncos game at Mile High and said he “won’t come back until I’m playing for the Denver Broncos”.

dogfish
05-04-2019, 02:22 AM
#Badass
#MushFacesIn'20

NightTrainLayne
05-06-2019, 03:06 PM
Dalton Risner on local radio now with Dusty Dvoracek:

-Dusty really likes Risner, personally & as a player. Did lots of charity type work while at K-State.

-Saturday night in Wiggins: play pick-up basketball @ his house. Bonfires. 4-wheeling.

-Moment of pick: Tremendous feeling. Wanted to play in NFL his whole life, but to have John Elway & Von Miller calling his phone was amazing moment.

Dusty: I've always noticed your toughness, technique & tenaciousness. DR: That's just K-State football. Bill Snyder preaches that every day.

- Parents and community (Wiggins) instilled sense of responsibility for community. He started his foundation while in college, I didn't know that.

- Playing for Coach Snyder a lot of fun, but he is so detail oriented/old school. Day one he told Risner to cut his hair. He went and got a cut. Saw him the next day, and Snyder says, "I thought I told you to cut your hair." "I did coach, it was at my shoulders now it's just below my ears." "I said cut your hair, go get it cut." :D

- What position do you fit best at? Feels he can play across the board, and knows Broncos value that. Hasn't been told an exact position, but probably interior line. Wherever they put me, I'll go play there and have an impact. My goal is to earn respect of teammates, and coaching staff. I haven't done anything yet.

I really like this guy.

Here's a link to the podcast recording of the interview. Gotta be better than my on-the-fly transcription.

https://omny.fm/shows/the-monsters-of-midday/playlists/podcast/embed?style=cover

Cugel
05-07-2019, 10:08 AM
The radio reporters are calling Risner "the Cooler" -- from the Patrick Swayze movie "Road House": "You guys are the bouncers, I am the Cooler. All you have to do is watch my back and each others' and take out the trash (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QJsljIDKkk)."

Simple Jaded
05-07-2019, 10:29 PM
Roadhouse is so lame.

Simple Jaded
05-07-2019, 10:31 PM
Dude revolutionized an entire profession with pearls of wisdom like “be nice ... until it’s time to not be nice”?

Lame