PDA

View Full Version : ESPN asks Peyton Manning to take MNF job

OrangeHoof
03-23-2019, 11:02 AM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/19/espn-asks-peyton-manning-to-take-monday-night-football-job/

If Manning turns ESPN down, they’re expected to go with (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/08/report-espn-going-with-a-two-man-booth-for-2019/) Joe Tessitore on play-by-play and Booger McFarland as the analyst.

If Manning agrees, ratings would go up in OmaHAWWWW. ;)

Nomad
03-23-2019, 11:31 AM
He'll definitely be better than Jason Witten.

Shazam!
03-23-2019, 01:22 PM
I just dont see PFM calling games. I can't.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-23-2019, 05:10 PM
Does the commentator really affect ratings? I've never not watched a game because I hate Collinsworth. I've never watched a game because I love Jim Nantz.

Nomad
03-23-2019, 05:11 PM
Does the commentator really affect ratings? I've never not watched a game because I hate Collinsworth. I've never watched a game because I love Jim Nantz.

The mute button is a great function on the remote. :D

The lady on ESPN, that calls college games, really gets on my nerves. But, that is all.

UnderArmour
03-23-2019, 09:03 PM
He'll definitely be better than Jason Witten.

Uh...

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1081688661882744832

Nomad
03-23-2019, 09:08 PM
UA....I'm not following. Perhaps I'm a little slow.

OrangeHoof
03-24-2019, 12:20 AM
UA is saying that Peyton can't be worse than Booger, ESPN's second choice.

DenBronx
03-24-2019, 07:19 AM
I hope he does it. Peyton isn’t done with football. In some way he needs to be involved whether it’s in the front office, sidelines, in the booth or broadcasting/commentating. It’s just what’s best for business.

UnderArmour
03-24-2019, 02:49 PM
UA is saying that Peyton can't be worse than Booger, ESPN's second choice.

I thought he was saying that Booger couldn't be worse than Witten, so I posted the Tweet of Booger commentating.

Manning isn't going to commentate as long as Eli is in the league. He has been straight-forward about that. Unless ESPN backs up the Brinks truck, this isn't happening. If Booger gets the gig, Monday Night Football will actually be far worse than it was last year. Booger is absolutely terrible.

Honestly, I think ESPN ought to go after Jay Cutler if Manning turns them down. I'd say Vance Joseph would be a great booth addition when he inevitably falls out of the league, but the guy has a history of sexual assault, so there's no way ESPN would give him a job.

Jsteve01
03-24-2019, 11:02 PM
I thought he was saying that Booger couldn't be worse than Witten, so I posted the Tweet of Booger commentating.

Manning isn't going to commentate as long as Eli is in the league. He has been straight-forward about that. Unless ESPN backs up the Brinks truck, this isn't happening. If Booger gets the gig, Monday Night Football will actually be far worse than it was last year. Booger is absolutely terrible.

Honestly, I think ESPN ought to go after Jay Cutler if Manning turns them down. I'd say Vance Joseph would be a great booth addition when he inevitably falls out of the league, but the guy has a history of sexual assault, so there's no way ESPN would give him a job.

Boom wow