PDA

View Full Version : McGovern, Simmons top Broncos performance bonus payouts

Denver Native (Carol)
03-14-2019, 12:44 PM
Even with their first-round whiff on quarterback Paxton Lynch, the Broncos are getting impressive production from their 2016 draft class.

Connor McGovern, a fifth-round guard out of Missouri, led all Broncos with a $445,424 performance bonus this year.

The NFL and players union distributed performance and playing time-based bonus payments Wednesday. The bonuses are based on a formula where a low player’s salary and higher amount of playing time equals the greatest bonus payments. Chris Harris Jr. and Matt Paradis once topped these lists as undrafted and sixth-round players, respectively, who never came off the field.

They made good money in 2018, though, so their performance bonuses shrunk considerably.

rest - https://twitter.com/MikeKlis?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7C twgr%5Eauthor

Simple Jaded
03-15-2019, 02:36 PM
Weird, cause McGovern “doesn’t look like a C”.

So when he’s up for a $9 M/per contract ya let him walk too.

TXBRONC
03-15-2019, 02:47 PM
Weird, cause McGovern “doesn’t look like a C”.

So when he’s up for a $9 M/per contract ya let him walk too.

He looks like a center to me.

Simple Jaded
03-15-2019, 03:01 PM
He looks like a center to me.

He looked fine to me, Nalen knows infinitely more than we do, I just don’t know what that’s supposed to mean. I know there’s a body type that teams look for but it’s basically the scrubbiest of scrub OL leftovers, players that are worse off than G’s ... 6-3/285, no power, no athleticism but smart. But that doesn’t preclude better/bigger athletes from being able to play C, ****eyes had a 6-6/320 beast playing C this season, Mitch Morse is 6-5/325, Fredrickson is 6-5/320, Jags C is 6-5/325.

McGovern is 6-4/310, 1” taller than Paradis, if you’re looking for something more prototypical then draft someone. But move on.