PDA

View Full Version : Facebook, Instagram go down around the world in apparent outage, but back up for some

Dapper Dan
03-13-2019, 08:40 PM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/talkingtech/2019/03/13/facebook-instagram-go-down-across-united-states-apparent-outage/3151883002/

Roland Dobbins, an engineer with network performance firm Netscout said the outage was due to an accidental traffic jam issue with a European internet company that collided with Facebook and other websites.

"While not malicious in nature, such events can prove disruptive on a widespread basis," he said.

This really sucks. It may not seem like a big deal unless you use your Facebook to log in to other services. Bleacher Report Live carries the Champions League. I wasn’t able to watch through that because I log in through my Facebook. Luckily, it was showing in TNT also and I logged in to that app.

MasterShake
03-13-2019, 09:00 PM
With our "Cyclone Bomb" storm in Denver today the City was closed down and I had to post updates and assist social media. It was a pain in the butt for a while on top of everything else for that to be down. People LOVE their twitter updates about closures, plows, etc.

slim
03-13-2019, 09:01 PM
I didn't notice.

MasterShake
03-13-2019, 09:04 PM
I didn't notice.

How will people know what you ate for dinner?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEWnXmDfVZg

FanInAZ
03-13-2019, 09:23 PM
How will people know what you ate for dinner?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEWnXmDfVZg

:laugh: :lol: :hahaha: :pound: :bounce:

Northman
03-14-2019, 12:18 AM
I noticed as i do a lot of networking on FB but it was only down for a few hours. Its back up now and life can carry on.

Northman
03-14-2019, 06:51 AM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/54424850_2494457423917516_4543044164635328512_o.jp g?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=24ef707dcd91226754fb6d9c5d0e6798&oe=5D143EA8

Dapper Dan
03-14-2019, 08:17 AM
I noticed as i do a lot of networking on FB but it was only down for a few hours. Its back up now and life can carry on.

Say for instance CBS or Fox had a Broncos playoff game and you could sign in with your Facebook log in to watch it. Would it be a big deal then? Mine was messed up at 3 and still messing up close to midnight. I guess that was a few hours.

I’m hoping I can change my account setting on Bleacher Report. This was definitely a wake up call.

Northman
03-14-2019, 08:25 AM
Say for instance CBS or Fox had a Broncos playoff game and you could sign in with your Facebook log in to watch it. Would it be a big deal then? Mine was messed up at 3 and still messing up close to midnight. I guess that was a few hours.

I’m hoping I can change my account setting on Bleacher Report. This was definitely a wake up call.

Hard to say, ive never really had to log into FB for anything that i view online like that. I mean, ive watched the World Cup on CBS i think but didnt need to access FB to do that so im not sure why you need to do that personally. Is this something you have to do through your phone im assuming? I mean, it would be a bit annoying but considering that FB isnt down all that often it i would be hard pressed to be that upset about it. I would probably have a bigger grievance if my cable provider went down in general over one specific website. IMO

Davii
03-14-2019, 08:53 AM
Hard to say, ive never really had to log into FB for anything that i view online like that. I mean, ive watched the World Cup on CBS i think but didnt need to access FB to do that so im not sure why you need to do that personally. Is this something you have to do through your phone im assuming? I mean, it would be a bit annoying but considering that FB isnt down all that often it i would be hard pressed to be that upset about it. I would probably have a bigger grievance if my cable provider went down in general over one specific website. IMO

When you set up your account initially it normally gives you the option of setting it up to log in using Facebook. If you set it up like that it's how you log in, as long as you're logged into Facebook it will automatically log you in. If not, you must log in to Facebook and if it's down you can't log in

OrangeHoof
03-14-2019, 03:02 PM
Don't have a Facebook account so I was entirely unaffected. Say hello to the Chinese spies for me.

Davii
03-14-2019, 03:10 PM
Don't have a Facebook account so I was entirely unaffected. Say hello to the Chinese spies for me.

Are you sure? If we tell them you said hi you'll be on their list.

It's too late... they're on to you!

Hawgdriver
03-15-2019, 01:15 AM
I didn't notice.

Notice what?

BroncoWave
03-15-2019, 06:06 AM

You're so cool.