PDA

View Full Version : Fangio at the combine

VonDoom
02-27-2019, 09:53 AM
Ryan Edwards‏ @redwardsradio 4m4 minutes ago
Vic Fangio “I don’t think we need to draft for need it will probably play itself out with best player available” #Broncos @OrangeBlue760

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 4m4 minutes ago
Vic Fangio: “very pleased” with RB ... “we look at that as one of our strong suits.”

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago
Fangio said of Emmanuel Sanders: “We expect him to be back full speed.”

Ryan O'Halloran‏Verified account @ryanohalloran 1m1 minute ago
Vic hopes Sanders “has major impact”. Same for Wolfe.

Marc Sessler‏Verified account @MarcSesslerNFL 3m3 minutes ago
Vic Fangio says he has yet to talk with quarterback Case Keenum since the Broncos traded for Joe Flacco.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago
Vic Fangio also said he expects Derek Wolfe to have a significant impact, indicating they will pick up his option.

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 24s25 seconds ago
Fangio when asked question about Bears: “Bears? Who’s that?” #9sports

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 23s23 seconds ago
Fangio: “We’re expecting big things” from Courtland Sutton.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago
#Broncos Fangio on Denver "the sun does shine a lot. They weren't fibbing. But they didn't tell me about my skin drying up, even my greasy Italian skin" #Denver7

Mike Tanier‏Verified account @MikeTanier 1m1 minute ago
Fangio on the Flacco trade: "We're not gonna talk about any of that right now." (Note: trade is not official yet.)

Ryan Edwards‏ @redwardsradio 1m1 minute ago
Vic Fangio on defensive needs for the #Broncos “We could use help at all three levels. It’s good and bad because it gives us options in the draft. I think we can shore up those needs rather quickly.” @OrangeBlue760 #NFLCombine

Zac Stevens‏ @ZacStevensBSN 23m23 minutes ago
The Broncos will let Bradley Roby test free agency and see how it goes, according to Vic Fangio.

chazoe60
02-27-2019, 10:01 AM
when asked about the Bears "Bears? Who's that?"
"Even my greasy Italian skin". :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I love this guy

Jsteve01
02-27-2019, 10:48 AM
Being s greasy Italian myself all jokes aside i do have to admit that the huge presence of italians on this staff is exciting.

Poet
02-27-2019, 11:02 AM
Fangio has no respect for Keenum and I love it.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-27-2019, 01:03 PM
Fangio: 'I think we can shore [roster] needs rather quickly'

Speaking at the 2019 NFL Scouting Combine, Head Coach Vic Fangio answered questions from the media about his evaluations of the Broncos' veterans, his thoughts on the team's roster needs and more.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/fangio-i-think-we-can-shore-roster-needs-rather-quickly

Nomad
02-27-2019, 01:13 PM
None of those QBs will be BPA @ #10.

TXBRONC
02-27-2019, 01:37 PM
when asked about the Bears "Bears? Who's that?"
"Even my greasy Italian skin". :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I love this guy

It's just a different way of saying "The Bears are dead to me."

slim
02-27-2019, 01:42 PM
Being s greasy Italian myself all jokes aside i do have to admit that the huge presence of italians on this staff is exciting.

I'm glad Weazel is not here to read this!

Denver Native (Carol)
02-27-2019, 01:58 PM
INDIANAPOLIS -- As he evaluates returning players, potential free agents and draft prospects, new Head Coach Vic Fangio knows that he has a team "in transition." But that doesn't mean his Broncos can't be in win-now mode.

That starts with filling needs -- but not sacrificing draft picks in 2020, 2021 and beyond to do so.

"We just don't want to do anything to jeopardize the immediate future of the team," he said. "You can be in a win-now mode without giving up future assets that are going to tie you up in two, three or four years."

rest plus video - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/vic-fangio-s-search-for-players-goes-beyond-measurables

Poet
02-27-2019, 02:39 PM
The expectations are playoffs. No playoffs and this season is a failure.

Buff
02-27-2019, 03:10 PM
I keep waiting for him to bring up our meeting from earlier this month. Probably just hasn't been asked the right question yet.

chazoe60
02-27-2019, 03:18 PM
I keep waiting for him to bring up our meeting from earlier this month. Probably just hasn't been asked the right question yet.

"What's the most interesting thing you've seen since moving to Denver?"

"I saw a gap toothed fella slightly reminiscent of Jim Carey in dumber and dumber."

Davii
02-27-2019, 03:20 PM

"Have you met this gap-toothed, mildly effeminate man?"

"I uhhhhhhh.... I don't comment on individual meetings with fans"

Davii
02-27-2019, 03:20 PM
"What's the most interesting thing you've seen since moving to Denver?"

"I saw a gap toothed fella slightly reminiscent of Jim Carey in dumber and dumber."

Damn you and your quick typing skills

BroncoJoe
02-27-2019, 03:21 PM

Nah. He's putting that in the back of his mind!

:D

Davii
02-27-2019, 03:23 PM
Nah. He's putting that in the back of his mind!

:D

For safekeeping?

VonDoom
02-27-2019, 03:56 PM
Elway at the combine today:

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago
John Elway said they will exercise the contract options for both Emmanuel Sanders and Derek Wolfe.

Ryan Edwards‏ @redwardsradio 2m2 minutes ago
Elway on the #Broncos RBs “we have big plans for Phillip and Royce including getting them more involved in the passing game” @OrangeBlue760

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 56s56 seconds ago
John Elway said it “has not been thought of yet” to extend Chris Harris Jr.’s contract.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 47s47 seconds ago
Elway is hopeful of re-signing Matt Paradis, but he acknowledged that “the injury that he had changes the thought process.”

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 32s32 seconds ago
#Broncos Elway said he has talked with Keenum about options. Team could trade or release him. #Denver7

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 18s18 seconds ago
Elway thinks this is a “rather deep class” in the draft at cornerback.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 20s20 seconds ago
#Broncos Elway said need No. 2 QB to pair with Harris. Will come from draft or free agency. Clearly priority #Denver7

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 15s16 seconds ago
Elway on Kyler Murray’s height: “He’s a great athlete. ... The size is always the question, but we’ve seen guys that have had success in the league that are not the prototype in height.” Said height doesn’t matter as much if you’re playing in shotgun vs under center.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 6s7 seconds ago
Elway said he prefers QB under center to help the running game.

Elway said Ron Leary is coming back.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago
“We’re trying to get something done with Billy Turner, as well as Jared (Veldheer).” — Elway

Cugel
02-28-2019, 01:34 AM
Elway at the combine today:

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago
John Elway said they will exercise the contract options for both Emmanuel Sanders and Derek Wolfe.

Ryan Edwards‏ @redwardsradio 2m2 minutes ago
Elway on the #Broncos RBs “we have big plans for Phillip and Royce including getting them more involved in the passing game” @OrangeBlue760

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 56s56 seconds ago
John Elway said it “has not been thought of yet” to extend Chris Harris Jr.’s contract.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 47s47 seconds ago
Elway is hopeful of re-signing Matt Paradis, but he acknowledged that “the injury that he had changes the thought process.”

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 32s32 seconds ago
#Broncos Elway said he has talked with Keenum about options. Team could trade or release him. #Denver7

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 18s18 seconds ago
Elway thinks this is a “rather deep class” in the draft at cornerback.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 20s20 seconds ago
#Broncos Elway said need No. 2 QB to pair with Harris. Will come from draft or free agency. Clearly priority #Denver7

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 15s16 seconds ago
Elway on Kyler Murray’s height: “He’s a great athlete. ... The size is always the question, but we’ve seen guys that have had success in the league that are not the prototype in height.” Said height doesn’t matter as much if you’re playing in shotgun vs under center.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 6s7 seconds ago
Elway said he prefers QB under center to help the running game.

Elway said Ron Leary is coming back.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago
“We’re trying to get something done with Billy Turner, as well as Jared (Veldheer).” — Elway

Translation: "Kyler Murray is too short! I have an Ent fetish!" -- John Elway

"Paxton is tall!"

Since there's no trade market for Keenum, he'd have to take a pay-cut and agree to be a backup, or else they will have to release him.

Hawgdriver
02-28-2019, 01:48 AM
That's pretty funny, Cugel. Ent fetish.