PDA

View Full Version : Broncos combine notes: Billy Turner remains on radar, but not Antonio Brown

Denver Native (Carol)
02-26-2019, 11:32 AM
KUSA – As the Broncos contingent led by John Elway convene on Indianapolis this week for the NFL Combine, there will be two orders of business.

One, is getting a feel for free agency. Two is scouting and interviewing up to 60 rookie prospects for the upcoming NFL Draft.

Elway beat just about all Broncos to Indianapolis as he began NFL competition meetings on Monday. Adding some form of replay to subjective judgment calls like the pass interference missed in the NFC Championship Game was discussed Monday, although it was characterized as a scratch-the-surface informational meeting.

Here are some topics of interest for Broncos fans this week:

rest - https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/broncos-combine-notes-billy-turner-remains-on-radar-but-not-antonio-brown/73-98e114e6-72e4-4561-846e-2092ec8ad422

OrangeHoof
02-26-2019, 11:56 AM
Can't read it because of their ad-blocker policy.

underrated29
02-26-2019, 12:10 PM
It was a dumb article...or paragraph or whatever that was.

It said we are not interested in AB, we will look for a vet wr and are not scared off of Browns sickle cell trait. hes not afraid of denver either, if we are interested.
Said we want Billy turner back, but the cards, vance joseph, kubiaks teams may be interested in him as well.

Thats it. I just did the whole thing in 2 sentences.

OrangeHoof
02-26-2019, 01:58 PM

It said we are not interested in AB, we will look for a vet wr and are not scared off of Browns sickle cell trait. hes not afraid of denver either, if we are interested.
Said we want Billy turner back, but the cards, vance joseph, kubiaks teams may be interested in him as well.

Much appreciated.

Buff
02-26-2019, 02:07 PM

Why was it a dumb article? Klis is a mega homer and his propaganda gets annoying - but because of that he's got an inside track on what the front office is thinking. If anything - his free agency reporting is his most valuable...

I think you can reasonably deduce that we're going to sign at least one WR in free agency... Whether it's John Brown or one of these other guys: Tyrell Williams, Golden Tate, Donte Moncrief, Pierre Garcon and Jamison Crowder...

And of our free agent linemen - it sounds like Turner is the guy we're most interested in, which stands to reason that we're going to let Paradis, Garcia and Veldeer walk.

underrated29
02-26-2019, 02:17 PM
Why was it a dumb article? Klis is a mega homer and his propaganda gets annoying - but because of that he's got an inside track on what the front office is thinking. If anything - his free agency reporting is his most valuable...

I think you can reasonably deduce that we're going to sign at least one WR in free agency... Whether it's John Brown or one of these other guys: Tyrell Williams, Golden Tate, Donte Moncrief, Pierre Garcon and Jamison Crowder...

And of our free agent linemen - it sounds like Turner is the guy we're most interested in, which stands to reason that we're going to let Paradis, Garcia and Veldeer walk.

because the entire article was 3 sentences.

We are not interested in AB
Brown is a possibility despite the sickle cell
Turner is one we want to keep.

Thats it. He could have just tweeted that.

slim
02-26-2019, 02:39 PM

You do realize he gets paid to write these articles, right?

Freyaka
02-26-2019, 02:47 PM
You do realize he gets paid to write these articles, right?

which is the biggest travesty here.

TXBRONC
02-26-2019, 02:48 PM

It's called his job friendo.

underrated29
02-26-2019, 11:32 PM
I know he gets paid to do it.
I know he has to do it.
I dont fault him for doing what he is instructed to do.
I know that news this time of year is scarce.

It's still a dumb article. I can critique it. Its dumb. Fluff pieces are better. I'd rather read a fluffy on Billy big pants turner.

OrangeHoof
02-27-2019, 12:03 AM
I have problems where the text of a report is smaller than the photo. Or worse, when the headline says (implies) something the text doesn't say.

If it's only a few sentences, why not flesh it out with some details. If the Broncos like Turner then...

If the Broncos aren't interested in Brown, what WRs are they interested in and do they expect to be at an impasse with Sanders?

I agree with U29 that it is laziness to post just a few sentences as a story. As a tweet, okay. Different medium.

Buff
02-27-2019, 12:09 AM
I have problems where the text of a report is smaller than the photo. Or worse, when the headline says (implies) something the text doesn't say.

If it's only a few sentences, why not flesh it out with some details. If the Broncos like Turner then...

If the Broncos aren't interested in Brown, what WRs are they interested in and do they expect to be at an impasse with Sanders?

I agree with U29 that it is laziness to post just a few sentences as a story. As a tweet, okay. Different medium.

This is the dumbest debate I'll participate in all year - but I'll take the bait.

Klis literally listed 6 WRs that they are potentially interested in and has singled out John Brown a couple times.

They hope to re-sign Turner but will be competing with AZ and MIN who both have needs and former Broncos coaches who know his potential.

I'm not sure what else you guys expect at the start of the combine a month out from the start of free agency. If they end up signing John Brown and Billy Turner then you and UR should both write an apology letter to Mike Klis.

underrated29
02-27-2019, 12:30 AM
As I mentioned a fluff piece on Billy.

There is no possible way, you if all people, read that article and hold the position you are.

Also, klis should apologize to us, and dog, and a few others who have mentioned brown long before this 1st grade paragraph of an article.

Poet
02-27-2019, 08:54 AM
yeah, but we mentioned Brown because we pulled up a list of FA WR's and went "which guy is fast and has some production," so it's not like we were delving in, either.

He listed why we weren't interested in Brown and made points that at least appear to be solid. Then there were the names of other players like Tate and Crowder. Then he moved onto the Turner stuff and had a few thoughts that were okay.

I see no offense here.

Jsteve01
02-27-2019, 10:51 AM
Hating Klis just for the sake of hate is pointless. We all know he is to close to the team but he also gets legit insider info that no one else ever will. He has the trust of the front office. Much better than legwold or bagel bill ever were

Poet
02-27-2019, 10:59 AM
Hate hate hate hate hate hate hate.

underrated29
02-27-2019, 11:02 AM
I don't think anyone is hating klis.
Just the article is dumb.

Lolololol I forgot about burger bill. He still w espn?

Jsteve01
02-27-2019, 09:58 PM
I don't think anyone is hating klis.
Just the article is dumb.

Lolololol I forgot about burger bill. He still w espn?

Nope. Some lame blog. He was doubly cursed...he sucked and he came to the post after Schefter left. God i miss Adam on the Broncos beat

Davii
02-27-2019, 11:02 PM
I like Klis' mock draft a few articles down the page if you took the time to scroll past the "dumb article".

Thanks for posting Carol.

Elevation inc
02-28-2019, 09:00 AM
Brown is a poor choice here, he can run fast and that's it....if he gets bumped at the line his route is done....he is a 1 trick pony, and the FA market is to expensive for a guy like that who can simply run fast, cant consistently catch, and has sickle cell to be worth it...a guy like Robby Anderson(a RFA) or Jamison crowder (FA) makes more sense but will also cost..tuner on the other hand should be-resigned because he has performed well here, both as a swing tackle, back-up RT, and Starting guard.

TXBRONC
02-28-2019, 09:31 AM
I know he gets paid to do it.
I know he has to do it.
I dont fault him for doing what he is instructed to do.
I know that news this time of year is scarce.

It's still a dumb article. I can critique it. Its dumb. Fluff pieces are better. I'd rather read a fluffy on Billy big pants turner.

It's every bit as smart as the things you say. :D

Denver Native (Carol)
02-28-2019, 11:26 AM
Elway on biggest priority in free agency, top needs in draft

John Elway sat down with Broncos TV to talk about his vision for the team for the next few months as he gets ready for free agency and the draft.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/elway-on-biggest-priority-in-free-agency-top-needs-in-draft

underrated29
02-28-2019, 11:57 AM
It's every bit as smart as the things you say. :D

I cannot agree with this.

TXBRONC
02-28-2019, 02:09 PM
I cannot agree with this.

I wouldn't expect that you would. That doesn't mean it's not true. :D

underrated29
02-28-2019, 02:47 PM
I like Klis' mock draft a few articles down the page if you took the time to scroll past the "dumb article".

Thanks for posting Carol.

Its a nice mock isnt it? Too bad it is preceded by a dumb article.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-28-2019, 04:12 PM
Nicki Jhabvala
‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala
1m1 minute ago

UNC Charlotte OL Nate Davis said he’s meeting with the Broncos this evening at the combine.

Nicki Jhabvala
45m45 minutes ago

Alabama OT Jonah Williams said he has met with the Broncos at the combine.
4 replies 13 retweets 65 likes

TXBRONC
02-28-2019, 04:17 PM
Nicki Jhabvala
1m1 minute ago

UNC Charlotte OL Nate Davis said he’s meeting with the Broncos this evening at the combine.

Nicki Jhabvala
45m45 minutes ago

Alabama OT Jonah Williams said he has met with the Broncos at the combine.
4 replies 13 retweets 65 likes

A new right tackle?

Elevation inc
02-28-2019, 04:34 PM
They are probably keeping options open in case they cant get veldheer signed....sounds like Juwan James wont hit the market either so options are limited.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-01-2019, 04:40 PM
Nicki Jhabvala
1h1 hour ago

Iowa TE Noah Fant said he has a formal interview with the Broncos tonight at the combine.

chazoe60
03-01-2019, 04:52 PM
A new right tackle?

Hopefully a LT. Our LT is terrible.

Davii
03-01-2019, 04:54 PM
Hopefully a LT. Our LT is terrible.

Would he make a decent RT?

turftoad
03-01-2019, 09:57 PM

I think Bolles would be OK at RT. It wouldn't hurt my feeling if we drafted a TRUE LT.

Cugel
03-02-2019, 06:32 AM
I think Bolles would be OK at RT. It wouldn't hurt my feeling if we drafted a TRUE LT.

They should consider it, if there were a candidate worthy of the tenth pick, but there's probably not. They could find a RT in the second round and that's more likely. But, they have a ton of other needs as well that might take precedence.

At 10 LB Devin White, LSU might be available. If so the Broncos are expected to take him. Vic Fangio's defenses have always had an elite inside LB and it's a key for him. It's been a Broncos need since they lost Danny Trevathan.

Second round: they desperately need a CB to go opposite Chris Harris since they aren't keeping Roby.

They also need to find a C to replace Paradis who's expected to leave with a big FA contract. They need a RG - no established starter on the roster.

They need a TE BAD. They have exactly nothing there. They shouldn't take one at 10, but in the second round? Possibly. Next to CB their most desperate need.

Of course QB: find a developmental QB at least this year. Right now they have nobody behind Flacco, so there's not even a Chad Kelly guy on the roster. They might take a guy in the later rounds.

But, taking a QB in the 2nd like the Patriots took Garapolo and developed him into a starter has to be a consideration. You have Flacco for only 1 year unless he takes the team to the playoffs or something.

And I'm not holding out much hope for that. Not in this division. Flacco has ZERO guaranteed $ on his contract after this year.

Unless he impresses greatly, they can get rid of him at season't end without any cap hit whatever in 2020. Then they can go draft a QB in a much better QB class.

TXBRONC
03-02-2019, 10:34 AM
They should consider it, if there were a candidate worthy of the tenth pick, but there's probably not. They could find a RT in the second round and that's more likely. But, they have a ton of other needs as well that might take precedence.

At 10 LB Devin White, LSU might be available. If so the Broncos are expected to take him. Vic Fangio's defenses have always had an elite inside LB and it's a key for him. It's been a Broncos need since they lost Danny Trevathan.

Second round: they desperately need a CB to go opposite Chris Harris since they aren't keeping Roby.

They also need to find a C to replace Paradis who's expected to leave with a big FA contract. They need a RG - no established starter on the roster.

They need a TE BAD. They have exactly nothing there. They shouldn't take one at 10, but in the second round? Possibly. Next to CB their most desperate need.

Of course QB: find a developmental QB at least this year. Right now they have nobody behind Flacco, so there's not even a Chad Kelly guy on the roster. They might take a guy in the later rounds.

But, taking a QB in the 2nd like the Patriots took Garapolo and developed him into a starter has to be a consideration. You have Flacco for only 1 year unless he takes the team to the playoffs or something.

And I'm not holding out much hope for that. Not in this division. Flacco has ZERO guaranteed $ on his contract after this year.

Unless he impresses greatly, they can get rid of him at season't end without any cap hit whatever in 2020. Then they can go draft a QB in a much better QB class.

If I have heard correctly Denver will try to keep Roby but at they won't overpay for him.

Flacco has three years left on his contract, none of it guaranteed. He may be gone after a year but if this trade is being made looking towards 2020 or 2021 then there is very good chance Flacco will be for at least two of three remaining season left on his contract.

Like Roby, Denver wants to keep Paradis from what I have heard but I don't doubt they will get into bidding war with anyone over his services. If Paradis does leave Denver have to panic because Conner McGovern has proven he can play center. If we need a Conner McGovern to play guard the all Denver has to do is draft Conner McGovern out of Penn St. then he can play two positions at the same time. :D

Finally, we do have someone behind Flacco, Case Keenum is still under contract, again if I heard correctly he's been told he can look for a trade partner, but I'm not sure he's going have a lot success doing that.

I have maintained Denver is going to draft quarterback this year but I don't think they will necessarily see him as quarterback of the future. I would guess that they would be looking to develop him into solid back up quarterback but is also assuming that they draft a guy out of the first two rounds.

Cugel
03-02-2019, 11:29 AM
If I have heard correctly Denver will try to keep Roby but at they won't overpay for him.

Flacco has three years left on his contract, none of it guaranteed. He may be gone after a year but if this trade is being made looking towards 2020 or 2021 then there is very good chance Flacco will be for at least two of three remaining season left on his contract.

Like Roby, Denver wants to keep Paradis from what I have heard but I don't doubt they will get into bidding war with anyone over his services. If Paradis does leave Denver have to panic because Conner McGovern has proven he can play center. If we need a Conner McGovern to play guard the all Denver has to do is draft Conner McGovern out of Penn St. then he can play two positions at the same time. :D

Finally, we do have someone behind Flacco, Case Keenum is still under contract, again if I heard correctly he's been told he can look for a trade partner, but I'm not sure he's going have a lot success doing that.

I have maintained Denver is going to draft quarterback this year but I don't think they will necessarily see him as quarterback of the future. I would guess that they would be looking to develop him into solid back up quarterback but is also assuming that they draft a guy out of the first two rounds.

"You can't have soft-serve ice-cream at the offensive line positions, and that's what you've got! You need to upgrade those positions!" ---- Mark Schlereth

You would think they would desperately try and keep Paradis since Flacco is an equestrian statute, but the word is they won't "overpay." Paradis is one of the few really good OL to hit FA this year, so he's going to get more than $10m a year. Some team that wants to upgrade their OL and has a ton of cap-space $ to spend in FA is going to make him a ridiculous offer. That's how FA always works.

You see it all the time, teams overpaying for FAs.

Denver just doesn't want to pay that much, so he's probably gone.

Same with Roby. They were not that impressed with him, so they're not even trying to re-negotiate him. They would have made an effort to re-sign him by now if they were really going to keep him.

When they say: "We're letting him test FA" that means "we're only going to keep him if no other team offers him more than we're already offering, which his agent probably rejected. And teams are very likely to offer him more.

They probably draft a CB in the 2nd or 3rd round to replace him. There's an outside chance they trade back in the first round, stockpile more picks and take a CB somewhere in the middle of the first round. That would both fill a need with a value pick, and add draft capital they can use to acquire additional players to stock a badly depleted roster, mostly devoid of talent at multiple positions (T, CB, TE, QB). And especially Inside LB. Look for Devon White, LSU to be the pick if he's there at #10 (which he very well might not be, except that some teams will take QBs in the top 10).

SmilinAssasSin27
03-02-2019, 01:11 PM
If Lock and White aren't there at 10, I 100% wanna trade back. Get more picks. Grab Risner, Rypien and a CB before round 2 ends

Poet
03-02-2019, 01:13 PM
Go get Kyler Murray, Haskins, or trade for Rosen from Arizona. All better ideas than what we'll end up doing on draft day.

But, I've read reports where Greedy Williams might be slipping a bit in the draft, so trading back and potentially drafting him would be dope.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-02-2019, 01:18 PM
Williams apparently has off field stuff and doesn't tackle. Id be fine with him but prefer others

Ziggy
03-02-2019, 01:35 PM
Williams apparently has off field stuff and doesn't tackle. Id be fine with him but prefer others

Which is why Elway won't draft him.

Shazam!
03-02-2019, 01:36 PM
Go get Kyler Murray, Haskins, or trade for Rosen from Arizona. All better ideas than what we'll end up doing on draft day.

But, I've read reports where Greedy Williams might be slipping a bit in the draft, so trading back and potentially drafting him would be dope.

I'm surprised you want Haskins or Murray.

TXBRONC
03-02-2019, 02:55 PM
"You can't have soft-serve ice-cream at the offensive line positions, and that's what you've got! You need to upgrade those positions!" ---- Mark Schlereth

You would think they would desperately try and keep Paradis since Flacco is an equestrian statute, but the word is they won't "overpay." Paradis is one of the few really good OL to hit FA this year, so he's going to get more than $10m a year. Some team that wants to upgrade their OL and has a ton of cap-space $ to spend in FA is going to make him a ridiculous offer. That's how FA always works.

You see it all the time, teams overpaying for FAs.

Denver just doesn't want to pay that much, so he's probably gone.

Same with Roby. They were not that impressed with him, so they're not even trying to re-negotiate him. They would have made an effort to re-sign him by now if they were really going to keep him.

When they say: "We're letting him test FA" that means "we're only going to keep him if no other team offers him more than we're already offering, which his agent probably rejected. And teams are very likely to offer him more.

They probably draft a CB in the 2nd or 3rd round to replace him. There's an outside chance they trade back in the first round, stockpile more picks and take a CB somewhere in the middle of the first round. That would both fill a need with a value pick, and add draft capital they can use to acquire additional players to stock a badly depleted roster, mostly devoid of talent at multiple positions (T, CB, TE, QB). And especially Inside LB. Look for Devon White, LSU to be the pick if he's there at #10 (which he very well might not be, except that some teams will take QBs in the top 10).

I don't think not over-paying a player is tantamount to not being interested in them. Besides that as I mentioned McGovern can play center in fact he did when Paradis went down. When McGovern was drafted he was project to be able to play center or guard iirc. Also, if I'm not mistaken he played at more than one position in college.

Cug, I think you're reading a little to much into what they've said. Roby wouldn't be first player to test test free agency and end up being re-signed by the same team. You could be right maybe they just let him walk if they do that's way things go. Imho Roby was still was better than the guys playing behind him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Denver drafts a couple of corners in this draft I also wouldn't put it past Elway to draft one the first round.

NightTerror218
03-02-2019, 04:18 PM
Elways loves a former team captain in his picks.... Maturity is important as shown in last draft. Greedy does not meet that.

Poet
03-02-2019, 05:06 PM
I'm surprised you want Haskins or Murray.

Might I inquire as to why?

Jsteve01
03-03-2019, 12:35 PM
Because they aren't Rypien lol. They will both be very good Shazam

slim
03-03-2019, 01:30 PM

How do you know what we will do on draft day?

Poet
03-03-2019, 01:35 PM
How do you know what we will do on draft day?

I go with the worst case scenario and it usually turns out.

Shazam!
03-03-2019, 02:00 PM
Murray is 5'10" with commitment questions. Not everyone can be Russell Wilson or Brees

Haskins played only one season. Very small sample size.

idk both very risky picks IMO

SmilinAssasSin27
03-03-2019, 02:09 PM
Murray is 5'10" with commitment questions. Not everyone can be Russell Wilson or Brees

So what are the alternatives?

Shazam!
03-03-2019, 02:15 PM

A three or pref four year starter and someone def not 5'10" not as risky as those guys despite athleticism

Northman
03-03-2019, 02:15 PM

Defense.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-03-2019, 02:16 PM
A three or pref four year starter and someone def not 5'10" not as risky as those guys despite athleticism

So somebody who hasn't accomplished in 3 to 4 years what those guys have in 1? Makes perfect sense

Ziggy
03-03-2019, 02:17 PM
Devin White no matter what.

Northman
03-03-2019, 02:17 PM
Devin White no matter what.

Im perfectly fine with that.

Poet
03-03-2019, 02:26 PM

You want Daniel Jones.

Jsteve01
03-03-2019, 07:00 PM
No to jones. Somehow because the manning brothers had cutliff ad a coach he now is the qb whisperer. Somethimg tells me that it goes a little deeper than cutliff as his only great proteges happen to have archie manning as a dad and non3 of his other qb have ever done shit

Poet
03-03-2019, 07:01 PM
No to jones. Somehow because the manning brothers had cutliff ad a coach he now is the qb whisperer. Somethimg tells me that it goes a little deeper than cutliff as his only great proteges happen to have archie manning as a dad and non3 of his other qb have ever done shit

I don't want Jones. I think he's overrated, and I think he is a round two talent. I'm just saying that for Shazam's prereqs, that's his guy.

Shazam!
03-03-2019, 08:07 PM

I don't want Jones. I think he's overrated, and I think he is a round two talent. I'm just saying that for Shazam's prereqs, that's his guy.

I know. 4 year starters at 6'2" are obviously horrible

Poet
03-03-2019, 08:17 PM

Remember when you were a casesucker and made rubbish arguments like that before?

SmilinAssasSin27
03-03-2019, 08:31 PM

Or 3 years...at Duke...with an awful completion%. But hey, he's pretty tall. Let's get him.

Nomad
03-03-2019, 08:49 PM
6'2" is tall? I thought that was average.

OrangeHoof
03-03-2019, 09:04 PM
What is it about a kid nicknamed Greedy that would make anyone think he lacks maturity?

I would love to trade down and get the Raiders' two #1s but that's probably fantasy. I agree that there are several needs but perhaps Free Agency will solve some of them.

Jsteve01
03-03-2019, 09:05 PM
Seriously, other than the manning bros. Who else has cutliff mentored? Because just on his body of work jones was an above avg college qb but not a first roundet

Poet
03-03-2019, 09:27 PM
Seriously, other than the manning bros. Who else has cutliff mentored? Because just on his body of work jones was an above avg college qb but not a first roundet

Shuler and Ainge?

Elevation inc
03-04-2019, 02:27 AM
Greedy Williams doesn't fit Denver at all. He is a Small corner that gets out muscled a lot. He is inconsistent, doesn't have very good discipline or effort in the run game, and has some maturity and off-field concerns. Baker, Murphy fit more what we like, but I think were going to bypass corner in rd 1. I think our number 1 FA target right now is CB, based off some league rumors from the combine. Then I expect us to draft a corner in rd. 2 or 3. I have heard Denver likes the CB from temple for example. As for QB I believe Murray and Haskins will be gone and I think we have zero interest in Jones.....I think Lock will be there at 10, but I'm not so sure we take him if White is there at 10. The OL class for the first rd. has dropped a bit as well Jonah Williams and Taylor should go top 20, but I expect little and ford to drop to late rd.1 maybe even rd. 2.

Shazam!
03-04-2019, 07:34 AM

Remember when you were a casesucker and made rubbish arguments like that before?

I was never that high on Case. I did think he was and upgrade and i was optimistic, and a give him a chance thought of it before the Season. But he was terrible and mentally couldnt handle the pressure. Neither could Simien.

Now youre going to make out like I think Simien was some world beater, but thats not correct either. He showed some flashes that he could have developed into something in 2016, but he wilted too.

The mental game I think is half of what killed them, and a terrible terrible Coach, combined with an average to below mediocre OL and OCs that leave you handcuffed?

How many players could overcome those obstacles.

Poet
03-04-2019, 08:01 AM
You were a casesucker to the point that it was sad. I was saddened to see suck so much case.

Shazam!
03-04-2019, 08:37 AM
You were a casesucker to the point that it was sad. I was saddened to see suck so much case.

Incorrect as usual.

slim
03-04-2019, 09:07 AM
I go with the worst case scenario and it usually turns out.

That's the spirit!!

Poet
03-04-2019, 09:37 AM
Incorrect as usual.

Get that case out your mouth!

CoachChaz
03-04-2019, 09:55 AM
Greedy Williams doesn't fit Denver at all. He is a Small corner that gets out muscled a lot. He is inconsistent, doesn't have very good discipline or effort in the run game, and has some maturity and off-field concerns. Baker, Murphy fit more what we like, but I think were going to bypass corner in rd 1. I think our number 1 FA target right now is CB, based off some league rumors from the combine. Then I expect us to draft a corner in rd. 2 or 3. I have heard Denver likes the CB from temple for example. As for QB I believe Murray and Haskins will be gone and I think we have zero interest in Jones.....I think Lock will be there at 10, but I'm not so sure we take him if White is there at 10. The OL class for the first rd. has dropped a bit as well Jonah Williams and Taylor should go top 20, but I expect little and ford to drop to late rd.1 maybe even rd. 2.

Not sure how 6'2", 190 makes Williams a small corner. And if anything, he's guilty of being too physical at times in press coverage, which is why he's probably better off in the zone schemes that Fangio/Donatell like to use, but either way, I think Oruwariye in round 2 would be a great fit if we go a different direction in the 1st. I thought he'd be a first rounder, but latest projections have him falling. Has the same type of coverage skills as Baker, and is a very willing tackler. He's not a great tackler, due to poor technique sometimes, but something easily coachable.

CoachChaz
03-04-2019, 09:57 AM
What is it about a kid nicknamed Greedy that would make anyone think he lacks maturity?

I would love to trade down and get the Raiders' two #1s but that's probably fantasy. I agree that there are several needs but perhaps Free Agency will solve some of them.

Fact...He actually got the name Greedy from his aunt because when she babysat him as a little kid, he always wanted more milk than she would let him have.

Davii
03-04-2019, 10:08 AM
Fact...He actually got the name Greedy from his aunt because when she babysat him as a little kid, he always wanted more milk than she would let him have.

So immature. Damn greedy milk grubber.

Elevation inc
03-04-2019, 10:16 AM
Not sure how 6'2", 190 makes Williams a small corner. And if anything, he's guilty of being too physical at times in press coverage, which is why he's probably better off in the zone schemes that Fangio/Donatell like to use, but either way, I think Oruwariye in round 2 would be a great fit if we go a different direction in the 1st. I thought he'd be a first rounder, but latest projections have him falling. Has the same type of coverage skills as Baker, and is a very willing tackler. He's not a great tackler, due to poor technique sometimes, but something easily coachable.

He just checked in at 6ft 1 185 lbs in the combine, thats about average, but he plays smaller than his size alot, he does get out muscled, and when he is physical its usually to a point where it gets him in trouble, and turned a lot in coverage but he tends to make up often for it with his speed, which is elite, yet he doesn't like tackling at all either....

Also Oruwariye is another good prospect I agree with you on, who is putting up really good numbers in the combine right now.

Davii
03-04-2019, 01:34 PM
Am I the only one that keeps reading this as "Broncos combine notes" as in put them all together rather than combine like farm equipment?

CoachChaz
03-04-2019, 02:50 PM
He just checked in at 6ft 1 185 lbs in the combine, thats about average, but he plays smaller than his size alot, he does get out muscled, and when he is physical its usually to a point where it gets him in trouble, and turned a lot in coverage but he tends to make up often for it with his speed, which is elite, yet he doesn't like tackling at all either....

Also Oruwariye is another good prospect I agree with you on, who is putting up really good numbers in the combine right now.

Still not seeing anything other than 6'2" as his height, but I'm not going to argue over an inch when he's still larger than the average corner. As far as tackling...sure, he's not always a willing participant, but he doesn't exactly pull a Deion, either. Another coachable concept. Again, I think he'd be fine, especially in a zone scheme, but in my own personal perfect world, we get White in the first and Oruwariye in the 2nd.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-04-2019, 05:10 PM
Still not seeing anything other than 6'2" as his height, but I'm not going to argue over an inch when he's still larger than the average corner. As far as tackling...sure, he's not always a willing participant, but he doesn't exactly pull a Deion, either. Another coachable concept. Again, I think he'd be fine, especially in a zone scheme, but in my own personal perfect world, we get White in the first and Oruwariye in the 2nd.

Aside from his freshman year...he's pretty close to Deion.

Poet
03-04-2019, 08:27 PM
I love Deion.

chazoe60
03-04-2019, 11:22 PM

Maybe. Definitely better than LT.

Traveler
03-05-2019, 02:35 PM
FA- ILB Mosley, DT Hankins, CB Callahan, RT James and TE James.

OrangeHoof
03-05-2019, 05:10 PM
Mosley and RT James should be of interest. DT Jernigan has some limited value.

CoachChaz
03-06-2019, 09:29 AM
FA- ILB Mosley, DT Hankins, CB Callahan, RT James and TE James.

That would probably max out our estimated cap availability.