PDA

View Full Version : Emmanuel Sanders unwilling to restructure contract

Dapper Dan
02-21-2019, 09:03 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001018373/article/emmanuel-sanders-unwilling-to-restructure-contract

Emmanuel Sanders has no time for your speculation that he might restructure his contract.

The veteran receiver tweeted in response to a story by a local Denver radio station contemplating whether the Broncos should approach Sanders about adjusting his contract. Sanders replied: "It ain't happening... no way Jose..."

Northman
02-21-2019, 09:04 AM
Is Denver even considering asking him at this point or is this just someone throwing shit in the wind? Either way, if Denver is it was nice knowing you Eman.

Davii
02-21-2019, 09:15 AM
Is Denver even considering asking him at this point or is this just someone throwing shit in the wind? Either way, if Denver is it was nice knowing you Eman.

It was a radio station throwing it out there. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if John tried though. Reality is he's coming off a major injury and has a healthy cap number.

Without restructure we'd owe him 13m this year but a dead money number of 2.6m if cut. No chump change either way.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him offered an incentive laden contract that would allow him to hit his original salary if he has a normal year for him, but guarantees a decent salary against injury.

He won't make 13 elsewhere without proving that Achilles is ready to go.

Don't get me wrong, I love Eman, he follows me on Twitter, but it's a business. A fully functioning E deserves that kind of cash without doubt, but will he be fully functioning?

Shazam!
02-21-2019, 09:15 AM
He should restructure and maybe an extension for another year and finish his career with Denver. If not, thanks for all ES you were beautiful to watch.

BroncoWave
02-21-2019, 09:16 AM
I don't blame him for wanting to get paid and I wouldn't blame Denver if they wanted to move on. He probably knows with his injury he isn't getting another big contact, so it's hard to fault him for not wanting to give back money.

Davii
02-21-2019, 09:22 AM
I don't blame him for wanting to get paid and I wouldn't blame Denver if they wanted to move on. He probably knows with his injury he isn't getting another big contact, so it's hard to fault him for not wanting to give back money.

No doubt. In my mind, and it's not my millions, but it seems to me I know nobody else is offering me big money until I prove it. That being the case, give me a deal that allows me to make a good salary with incentives to get back what I'm giving up. WHEN I prove it, I'll make the same.

If I can't... well, I wouldn't have gotten that money outside Denver either

TXBRONC
02-21-2019, 09:28 AM
He is not the first to say he won't restructure, and he wouldn't the first not too as well not be the first to go back on what he said previously.

BroncoWave
02-21-2019, 09:29 AM
No doubt. In my mind, and it's not my millions, but it seems to me I know nobody else is offering me big money until I prove it. That being the case, give me a deal that allows me to make a good salary with incentives to get back what I'm giving up. WHEN I prove it, I'll make the same.

If I can't... well, I wouldn't have gotten that money outside Denver either

He might very well wind up doing just that. Don't blame him for trying to keep his guaranteed money before settling for that though.

Poet
02-21-2019, 11:12 AM
I agree with Wave.

I wouldn't mind seeing him get cut, tbh.

Elevation inc
02-21-2019, 02:02 PM
If I was a smart GM. I would ask if he was interested in a cut, if he said no, I wouldn’t get all wrapped around it....the reason i would ask though is because the dude is in his 30’s coming off a injury known to affect speed and agility which is a big part of his game. It’s a risk....As sanders I would just say no.....the public ah hell no thing sanders does rubs me the wrong way, but I don’t fault him for saying no, cause i know damn well I would to. However if we did decide to trade him or whatever I could understand why we would make that call.

TXBRONC
02-21-2019, 02:08 PM
If I was a smart GM. I would ask if he was interested in a cut, if he said no, I wouldn’t get all wrapped around it....the reason i would ask though is because the dude is in his 30’s coming off a injury known to affect speed and agility which is a big part of his game. It’s a risk....As sanders I would just say no.....the public ah hell no thing sanders does rubs me the wrong way, but I don’t fault him for saying no, cause i know damn well I would to. However if we did decide to trade him or whatever I could understand why we would make that call.

It doesn't bug me that he said it. I care about his production a lot more than what he said in a tweet.

Elevation inc
02-21-2019, 07:05 PM
It doesn't bug me that he said it. I care about his production a lot more than what he said in tweet.

Agreed on production, I would have said no as well, just in private not all up in the media acting like a diva WR lol

TXBRONC
02-21-2019, 07:22 PM
Agreed on production, I would have said no as well, just in private not all up in the media acting like a diva WR lol

I would expect nothing less of you. :D