PDA

View Full Version : Broncos To Release Brandon Marshall

Cugel
02-15-2019, 10:10 AM
Per Adam Schefter (https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eser p%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor):

Adam Schefter
‏Verified account @AdamSchefter

Broncos have notified LB Brandon Marshall that they are most likely not going to exercise his option and he will be a free agent on March 13, per source. One more LB to the free-agent mix.
7:28 AM - 15 Feb 2019

Josey Jewel's drafting made Marshall expendable. Another piece of SB 50 fades into history. He was a good player for a long time here, and played his role well. :wave:

tomjonesrocks
02-15-2019, 10:15 AM
Two things surprise me a little about this - one - he's been so vocal about wanting to stay a Bronco - I thought that's what JFE wanted? Second I'd think Fangio would want to keep all the pieces left.

chazoe60
02-15-2019, 10:18 AM
He really hasn't been good since the SB year.

Cugel
02-15-2019, 10:27 AM

That's not fair. He's been the same player he always has been. He's a more traditional MLB type interior player in a league that has evolved to emphasizing TEs and WRs and RBs catching passes over the middle. The Broncos SB 50 team had Danny Trevathan who was great at coverage, and they still haven't replaced him. Brandon Marshall isn't and never was a great coverage player.

There's endless speculation that Vic Fangio might want Ravens FA LB CJ Mosley. I thought he was a good coverage LB but their local media is saying "not so much." He's 27 and could be a guy the Broncos would go after.

Freyaka
02-15-2019, 10:31 AM
Two things surprise me a little about this - one - he's been so vocal about wanting to stay a Bronco - I thought that's what JFE wanted? Second I'd think Fangio would want to keep all the pieces left.

They are letting him test free agency, he can still be resigned if he chooses, but it's not going to be at the higher rate us picking up his option would have given him. He's not for sure done as a Bronco, he's just done on his current contract.

Freyaka
02-15-2019, 10:32 AM
That's not fair. He's been the same player he always has been. He's a more traditional MLB type interior player in a league that has evolved to emphasizing TEs and WRs and RBs catching passes over the middle. The Broncos SB 50 team had Danny Trevathan who was great at coverage, and they still haven't replaced him. Brandon Marshall isn't and never was a great coverage player.

There's endless speculation that Vic Fangio might want Ravens FA LB CJ Mosley. I thought he was a good coverage LB but their local media is saying "not so much." He's 27 and could be a guy the Broncos would go after.

Mosley's a very solid LB. He's better when paired with someone who is good in coverage. Jewel is good in coverage, Marshall? not as good... I've been banging the table for CJ all year, he'd be a good pickup if we could get him.

DenBronx
02-15-2019, 10:33 AM
He has declined alot. I kinda wished we had kept Danny Trevathan instead of Marshall.

DenBronx
02-15-2019, 10:33 AM
They are letting him test free agency, he can still be resigned if he chooses, but it's not going to be at the higher rate us picking up his option would have given him. He's not for sure done as a Bronco, he's just done on his current contract.

Probably Rams.

Freyaka
02-15-2019, 10:37 AM
Probably Rams.

I'd say or Jaguars, but they didn't want him the first time which is how he ended up with us.

DenBronx
02-15-2019, 10:39 AM
Could end up back here at a much lower cost.

Either way we still have to address Sanders, Harris Jr and Wolfes options. This helps narrow it down.

Freyaka
02-15-2019, 10:42 AM
Could end up back here at a much lower cost.

Either way we still have to address Sanders, Harris Jr and Wolfes options. This helps narrow it down.

I think if he truly wants to return, that's what happens, he'll resign at a lower cost. Elway's taking gambles on a couple of players. Doing the same thing with Paradis, we may end up losing some of them.

I think Wolfe and Sanders are likely going to be shown the door personally.

broncofaninfla
02-15-2019, 10:44 AM
ILB has been a liability for two long, glad to see Elway and company finally making moves to get stronger here. Would LOVE to see Denver draft Devon White for this spot. Marshall will be at best a back up for another team next season.

Cugel
02-15-2019, 10:49 AM
The Broncos specifically drafted Josey Jewell to replace Marshall. Jewell worked into the rotation last year and there's no reason to keep Marshall at a higher price when they are trying to shed salary cap room for other moves.

I'm not ripping the move to get rid of Marshall, this is one everybody could see coming ever since the 2018 draft.

Poet
02-15-2019, 10:58 AM
I will miss him. Play declined, but he's a NFL starter and a good human being.

CoachChaz
02-15-2019, 11:02 AM
One down...who's next?

Leary? Wolfe? Stewart? Sanders? All four?

Nomad
02-15-2019, 11:03 AM
Thanks for being a Bronco, Brandon Marshall.

Dapper Dan
02-15-2019, 11:08 AM
Dang. We can't keep an ILB. I wonder if we are already looking at replacements for Jewel.

broncofaninfla
02-15-2019, 11:34 AM
One down...who's next?

Leary? Wolfe? Stewart? Sanders? All four? Stewart and Leary out of the 4 if I were to take a guess but Wolfes play last year slipped big time and Sanders is on the wrong side of 30 coming off a pretty serious injury. Going to be interesting how this plays out.

Buff
02-15-2019, 11:39 AM
One down...who's next?

Leary will be back - Mike Klis:

"Leary had $5.35M of his $8.15M salary in '19 guaranteed against injury. He is injured, finishing on IR with torn Achilles. If he can't pass physical by March 17, and he won't, his $5.35M becomes fully guaranteed. So Leary is back."

The other three have manageable dead money hits if JFE decides to move on.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-15-2019, 11:39 AM
Mike Klis
‏Verified account @MikeKlis
2h2 hours ago

Broncos told Brandon Marshall's agent (Drew Rosenhaus) he's been a great Bronco: "I appreciate that,'' Marshall said. "It's a really great organization so we'll see what happens." #9sports

Mike Klis
2h2 hours ago

LB Brandon Marshall played in 2 SBs, starter for great SB 50 defense: "I love the organization, they gave me my first chance to play. I love all my teammates. I really love city. I felt embraced on and off the field. I'm just sorry I was injured 2 of the last 3 years.'' #9sports

Mike Klis
2h2 hours ago

Confirming Broncos notified LB Brandon Marshall's agent team will not exercise $1 mill guarantee on his $6.5 mill salary by March 12. (1st @AdamSchefter) Marshall was told team didn't feel comfortable at his number. Didn't rule out bringing him back at lower number. #9sports

OrangeHoof
02-15-2019, 11:49 AM
I thought it was a rule that Denver had to have at least one Brandon Marshall at all times?

Freyaka
02-15-2019, 12:14 PM
One down...who's next?

Leary is very unlikely to go anywhere. His sallary is guaranteed for injury and he will not be healthy again prior to the deadline. He's likely going to stick around because we would gain next to nothing by cutting him. The other three are very likely to be let go IMO.

Freyaka
02-15-2019, 12:16 PM
Mike Klis
2h2 hours ago

Broncos told Brandon Marshall's agent (Drew Rosenhaus) he's been a great Bronco: "I appreciate that,'' Marshall said. "It's a really great organization so we'll see what happens." #9sports

Mike Klis
2h2 hours ago

LB Brandon Marshall played in 2 SBs, starter for great SB 50 defense: "I love the organization, they gave me my first chance to play. I love all my teammates. I really love city. I felt embraced on and off the field. I'm just sorry I was injured 2 of the last 3 years.'' #9sports

Mike Klis
2h2 hours ago

Confirming Broncos notified LB Brandon Marshall's agent team will not exercise $1 mill guarantee on his $6.5 mill salary by March 12. (1st @AdamSchefter) Marshall was told team didn't feel comfortable at his number. Didn't rule out bringing him back at lower number. #9sports

Of all the guys we're cutting loose, he's the one I wouldn't be shocked to see resigned on a far lower cap number. He's a good player despite what some think of him, he's just not great in coverage.

Regardless of if we bring him back or not, would really like to see CJ Mosley in orange and blue next year.

MasterShake
02-15-2019, 12:24 PM
Always liked Marshall, especially during the Manning years. Good luck to him!

TXBRONC
02-15-2019, 12:52 PM

I wouldn't say that Marshall has been all that good since the Super Bowl. In his early years I remember him being descent in coverage.

TXBRONC
02-15-2019, 01:04 PM
I thought it was a rule that Denver had to have at least one Brandon Marshall at all times?

Idk, but there is another Connor McGovern in the up coming draft, maybe Denver could draft him. He also plays guard.

Northman
02-15-2019, 01:04 PM
Welcome Devin White.

Northman
02-15-2019, 01:06 PM

Pretty much, but most of that is him being injured. But, he isnt a difference maker and costs to much as a backup so the move makes sense.

TXBRONC
02-15-2019, 01:06 PM
Welcome Devin White.

When I saw the title of the thread my first thought was this opens the door to draft White.

Freyaka
02-15-2019, 01:13 PM
Welcome Devin White.

I hope we take a corner at 10 and sign CJ Mosley.

Northman
02-15-2019, 01:16 PM

Mosley is ok, White is going to be better in my opinion.

underrated29
02-15-2019, 01:16 PM
One down...who's next?

Yep, we knew for a while that he would not be retained at his current salary.
I see Leary staying most likely but the other 3 I definitely see being gone. Also Matt paradis being allowed to walk or a sign and trade. I know we are going hard after Mosley and Amos and James in FA, but it would suck to sign those guys and lose the comp pick for paradis which would likely be a 3rd round pick as I expect him to get a 10mil salary.

Nomad
02-15-2019, 01:17 PM

I could get on board with this. I love White, but getting one of those 3 top CBs plus Mosley would be ideal.

TXBRONC
02-15-2019, 01:17 PM

I personally like the idea of drafting White over bringing in Mosely.

Northman
02-15-2019, 01:23 PM
I personally like the idea of drafting over Mosely more.

He seems to get dinged up a lot as well. If Denver was getting frustrated with Marshall and his injuries im not sure they want to take the risk of grabbing Mosley who might end up having the same problem.

Nomad
02-15-2019, 01:25 PM
He seems to get dinged up a lot as well. If Denver was getting frustrated with Marshall and his injuries im not sure they want to take the risk of grabbing Mosley who might end up having the same problem.

Can he cover a TE?

Northman
02-15-2019, 01:26 PM
Can he cover a TE?

Probably better than Marshall can. But i am curious, why are the Ravens letting him walk or are they? Are we just speculating that he wont be there?

Nomad
02-15-2019, 01:31 PM
Probably better than Marshall can. But i am curious, why are the Ravens letting him walk or are they? Are we just speculating that he wont be there?

Not sure. I don't know much about Mosley other than reading his profile. He sounds like a really good ILB. Though I'm on the DW bandwagon, I do understand CB is a really big need, too.

Northman
02-15-2019, 01:36 PM
Not sure. I don't know much about Mosley other than reading his profile. He sounds like a really good ILB. Though I'm on the DW bandwagon, I do understand CB is a really big need, too.

Im not opposed to CB but i know we need safety too so even if we take White at 10 i can live with a safety in round 2 and then maybe grab a DB in FA if need be. I think Roby can be saved so as long as we improve the rest of the secondary and shore up the DL a bit.

Nomad
02-15-2019, 01:38 PM
Im not opposed to CB but i know we need safety too so even if we take White at 10 i can live with a safety in round 2 and then maybe grab a DB in FA if need be. I think Roby can be saved so as long as we improve the rest of the secondary and shore up the DL a bit.

If White is gone at 10....definitely go with Baker, Williams, or Murphy.

Elevation inc
02-15-2019, 01:39 PM
Can he cover a TE?

Mosley is a overrated but upgraded version of Todd Davis...he can’t always cover either never been a strength of his...Marshall is gone because he could no longer play the run effectively after dropping weight and being injured.....he was never that great a cover back either....but he was very good overall in 2015, then he dropped weight and last year well.......this whole vegan lean fresh diet crap for football players needs to go.

But he was a big part of that 2015 defense so I wish him the best of luck. If we do bring him back he needs to bulk up a bit...225 ain’t going to cut it inside in the 3-4.....

Northman
02-15-2019, 01:40 PM
Some of the FA CB's this year.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2019CB.php

Here is some of the FA LB"s, Mosley is listed but i guess he is not as good in coverage as i thought. At least according to Walter's he sucks at coverage so not sure if he would be a good replacement for Marshall.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2019ILB.php

image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/ravensb_logo.gif
http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/ravensb_logo.gifC.J. Mosley, ILB, Ravens. Age: 27.
http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/star.gif
C.J. Mosley is an overrated player, as he tends to struggle in coverage sometimes. He's not awful in that regard, but he can be a liability on occasion. He's still a decent linebacker, as he's excellent in run support, but he's not rated as highly as people might think he should be.

Elevation inc
02-15-2019, 01:41 PM

I don’t believe safety is a huge need. I believe we need to let Simmons be a FS and parks the strong safety with cravens as a backup at SS....scheme was a big problem last year....I actually expect parks and Simmons to show out next year.....

Northman
02-15-2019, 01:41 PM
Mosley is a overrated but upgraded version of Todd Davis...he can’t really cover either never been a strength of his...Marshall is gone because he could no longer play the run effectively after dropping weight and being injured.....he was never that great a cover back either....but he was very good overall in 2015, then he dropped weight and last year well.......this whole vegan lean fresh diet crap for football players needs to go.

But he was a big part of that 2015 defense so I wish him the best of luck. If we do bring him back he needs to bulk up a bit...225 ain’t going to cut it inside in the 3-4.....

Beat me to it.

Northman
02-15-2019, 01:42 PM
I don’t believe safety is a huge need. I believe we need to let Simmons be a FS and parks the strong safety with cravens as a backup at SS....scheme was a big problem last year....I actually expect parks and Simmons to show out next year.....

Simmons is to hot and cold for me personally. But i can say the same about Parks.

Elevation inc
02-15-2019, 01:44 PM
Simmons is to hot and cold for me personally. But i can say the same about Parks.

I think parks flashed in the box last year, and Simmons got screwed playing like 4 positions....he is a true FS.....he belongs there....not as a nickel back or dime back or cb....lol a lot of our safety issues were scheme and personnel selection related...I remember one game they tried cravens at FS and Simmons in the box for some plays...wtf lol.....cravens can’t cover that great but he is a beast in the box....parks is good there as well. Hopefully this new staff plays the players in their right positions....we need Cb help big time, and it’s time for Stewart to go.....

Nomad
02-15-2019, 01:45 PM
Mosley is a overrated but upgraded version of Todd Davis...he can’t always cover either never been a strength of his...Marshall is gone because he could no longer play the run effectively after dropping weight and being injured.....he was never that great a cover back either....but he was very good overall in 2015, then he dropped weight and last year well.......this whole vegan lean fresh diet crap for football players needs to go.

Here is some of the FA LB"s, Mosley is listed but i guess he is not as good in coverage as i thought. At least according to Walter's he sucks at coverage so not sure if he would be a good replacement for Marshall.

http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/ravensb_logo.gifC.J. Mosley, ILB, Ravens. Age: 27.
C.J. Mosley is an overrated player, as he tends to struggle in coverage sometimes. He's not awful in that regard, but he can be a liability on occasion. He's still a decent linebacker, as he's excellent in run support, but he's not rated as highly as people might think he should be.

I guess that puts a damper on the Mosley idea.

Northman
02-15-2019, 01:46 PM

I should have added more to this, when these guys are on they are on but when they are not they disappear completely and i hate that. Just really need more consistency from them.

Nomad
02-15-2019, 01:48 PM
Is Jewell the future, if we can't get White?

Elevation inc
02-15-2019, 01:53 PM
I should have added more to this, when these guys are on they are on but when they are not they disappear completely and i hate that. Just really need more consistency from them.

I agree about consistency and that’s why I blame woods and Joseph and the bs scheme stuff they pulled.....Especially Simmons hard to be consistent when your still a young player playing 4 positions....if I remember correctly he played like 100% of the defensive snaps or something lol.....

Freyaka
02-15-2019, 01:53 PM
Mosley is ok, White is going to be better in my opinion.

Fair, but Mosley IF we can land him is better by far than what we've had at ILB in a really long time. The corners that are available FA aren't bad, but I'd prefer a top corner in the draft.

It's a matter of preference, either way won't get a complaint from me. White's a baller.

Freyaka
02-15-2019, 01:55 PM

Some of that is what is around them though. I think if we get a competent cover ILB, that will greatly benefit the safeties. Our ILB's just flat out cannot cover, that leaves Parks and Simmons exposed at times because they are having to help out ILB's that aren't doing their job. I agree that we need more consistency out of them, but bolstering our LB core will help that.

Elevation inc
02-15-2019, 01:58 PM
Is Jewell the future, if we can't get White?

I think we are solid at ILB right now....I liked what Davis brings against the run and as a leader, his coverage improved as well last year, hopefully jewel gets more consistent cause he struggled a bit last year.....we need a ILB in FA or the draft but they seem to be pretty high on some of the depth guys from last year.....no idea if it works out. For me I would love white next to Davis.....but I just believe CB and QB to be the higher priority at 10.....you could even justify going DL at 10 with this class.....or OL if we make smart FA moves.....

Elevation inc
02-15-2019, 01:58 PM
I don’t want to waste money on Mosley.

Freyaka
02-15-2019, 02:07 PM
I think we are solid at ILB right now....I liked what Davis brings against the run and as a leader, his coverage improved as well last year, hopefully jewel gets more consistent cause he struggled a bit last year.....we need a ILB in FA or the draft but they seem to be pretty high on some of the depth guys from last year.....no idea if it works out. For me I would love white next to Davis.....but I just believe CB and QB to be the higher priority at 10.....you could even justify going DL at 10 with this class.....or OL if we make smart FA moves.....

I'm gonna have to agree to disagree here. Yes, Davis does well in the run game, but he's a huge liability in the passing game. Mosley would be an upgrade in both run and pass coverage over Davis as would White. Jewell while solid is a second year player. I think we're far from solid at this point.

Freyaka
02-15-2019, 02:08 PM

I don't think it would be a waste honestly. But again, we'll have to agree to disagree here. I've been a huge CJ Mosley fan for much of his career, he's a great LB'er and I love what he brings to the table. I think he'd be a vast improvement over what we have and will elevate the play of the guys around him.

TXBRONC
02-15-2019, 05:35 PM

I would rather not have someone who is always dinged up. If I heard correctly White has some descent pass rushing skills to go along with his other attributes. Yeah, the more I think about it the more I like the idea of drafting White.

Poet
02-15-2019, 05:52 PM

I don't see that as a waste. I see that as signing an elite player and talent in his prime years.

Jsteve01
02-15-2019, 08:22 PM
between mosely and white? Id take white or even better Wilson in thr 2nd over Mosely

Poet
02-15-2019, 08:45 PM
between mosely and white? Id take white or even better Wilson in thr 2nd over Mosely

Mosley is already one of the best ILB's in the game. White is a prospect. If white becomes as good as Mosley he'll have panned out.

Ground Control
02-15-2019, 09:20 PM
If it happens for real, I wish him the best. He was a tackle machine but more importantly he was a man among men, when it comes to his character, history, and professionalism. If we are to ever consider it worthy to admire our sports personalities, we shouldn't look farther than BM as the example of what is worth admiring. If he does move on, he will leave a strong and important legacy in Denver for people of all colors, ages, and sexes. I really enjoyed listening to his interviews and reading about him.

Brandon Marshall is a baddass.

Cugel
02-15-2019, 10:55 PM
Yep, we knew for a while that he would not be retained at his current salary.
I see Leary staying most likely but the other 3 I definitely see being gone. Also Matt paradis being allowed to walk or a sign and trade. I know we are going hard after Mosley and Amos and James in FA, but it would suck to sign those guys and lose the comp pick for paradis which would likely be a 3rd round pick as I expect him to get a 10mil salary.

Paradis is the Broncos #1 FA target according to team beat reporters like Mike Klis and others. They are trying to re-sign him. That's why they brought in Mike Munchak to coach the OL. They are going to make an emphasis this year on strengthening the OL. Partly through coaching, but quite possibly in FA and the draft as well. We could see them go OL heavy in FA for instance.

They could use as many as 4 new OL since they might not be able to keep Paradis if he gets a better offer somewhere else, like Broncos FA veterans have done like Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan.

They obviously need 2 new TEs, etc., etc.

D1g1tal j1m
02-15-2019, 11:15 PM
Thanks to Marshall for all that he did for the Broncos. He gave all he could for the Broncos and I wish him nothing but the best.

NightTerror218
02-16-2019, 12:08 PM

Pff says he is good in coverage

gregbroncs
02-16-2019, 12:51 PM

We kept the wrong LB. Trevathan was and still is better.

TXBRONC
02-16-2019, 07:03 PM

I still would rather have White. He's younger, it seems unlikely he'll have a huge learning curve, he brings pass rushing skills, and even if he's 10th overall he'll probably still be cheaper than Mosley.

NightTerror218
02-17-2019, 03:16 PM
I still rather have White. He's younger, it seems unlikely he'll have huge learning curve, he brings pass rushing skills, and even if he's 10th overall he'll probably still be cheaper than Mosley.

Same here

Northman
02-17-2019, 07:04 PM

Everything ive been reading on him is a mixed bag about whether or not he is good at pass coverage. Even most of the articles ive read in Bmore say he isnt that great.

Elevation inc
02-19-2019, 09:30 AM
Everything ive been reading on him is a mixed bag about whether or not he is good at pass coverage. Even most of the articles ive read in Bmore say he isnt that great.

I've seen the same stuff....not to many of my BMORE friends are that high on him either.....I think he is a better overall LB than Davis or Jewell for sure, but personally not enough to be worth 7mil plus per year, when I see CB, OL, TE as far bigger immediate needs.....

CoachChaz
02-19-2019, 09:37 AM
This is why an Adrian Amos or Landon Collins need to be a priority target in FA. If the value isn't there in signing a LB that can cover...then we sure as hell need to get a strong safety that can.

Elevation inc
02-19-2019, 02:27 PM
This is why an Adrian Amos or Landon Collins need to be a priority target in FA. If the value isn't there in signing a LB that can cover...then we sure as hell need to get a strong safety that can.

I don’t disagree with that...i liked what parks flashed last year though....with a good scheme i think he could be legit there. I think him and Simmons were inconsistent last year because of our knuckle headed coaching staff. Those 2 i think are going to be quite good next year. I was disappointed in cravens though....and we should release prob release Stewart....I could understand the need for a guy like Collins or Amos.....it would improve our secondary......I would def rank safety as a priority above the ILB play.....it got so bad they had Simmons playing SS at times cause Stewart cant tackle anymore lol....and simmons has no business in the box lol.

I heard earlier today with ray likely being gone as well as Barrett, Montez sweat could be a option at 10...thoughts?

dogfish
02-20-2019, 12:31 AM
I don’t disagree with that...i liked what parks flashed last year though....with a good scheme i think he could be legit there. I think him and Simmons were inconsistent last year because of our knuckle headed coaching staff. Those 2 i think are going to be quite good next year. I was disappointed in cravens though....and we should release prob release Stewart....I could understand the need for a guy like Collins or Amos.....it would improve our secondary......I would def rank safety as a priority above the ILB play.....it got so bad they had Simmons playing SS at times cause Stewart cant tackle anymore lol....and simmons has no business in the box lol.

I heard earlier today with ray likely being gone as well as Barrett, Montez sweat could be a option at 10...thoughts?

cravens is junk, and stewart is done. . . i badly want an upgrade at #2 corner in free agency, but there's barely anyone worth signing in this year's crop. . . gimme collins, and take devin white or the best corner at #10. . . parks as the third safety is fine. . . with an improved pass rush, and top notch coaching, we can fix the secondary in one off-season IF we want to throw the necessary resources at it. . .

CoachChaz
02-20-2019, 09:26 AM
cravens is junk, and stewart is done. . . i badly want an upgrade at #2 corner in free agency, but there's barely anyone worth signing in this year's crop. . . gimme collins, and take devin white or the best corner at #10. . . parks as the third safety is fine. . . with an improved pass rush, and top notch coaching, we can fix the secondary in one off-season IF we want to throw the necessary resources at it. . .

I would certainly be interested in seeing what Fangio/Donatell can do with guys like Parks/Cravens/Carter...but I hope they figure it out early. If they truly think they can get more out of them, then I'm ok with not spending big money on a safety.

Elevation inc
02-20-2019, 11:11 AM
I would certainly be interested in seeing what Fangio/Donatell can do with guys like Parks/Cravens/Carter...but I hope they figure it out early. If they truly think they can get more out of them, then I'm ok with not spending big money on a safety.

I forgot about Carter he def flashed at SS....hopefully he stays healthy because he shows a lot of potential for us there.

Elevation inc
02-20-2019, 12:54 PM
Personally i would pay for Jordan Hicks or Perryman before i pay for Mosley....but really I don’t want to pay that high at the moment with bigger needs on the roster....

Freyaka
02-20-2019, 02:15 PM
Personally i would pay for Jordan Hicks or Perryman before i pay for Mosley....but really I don’t want to pay that high at the moment with bigger needs on the roster....

ILB has been one of the bigger needs on our roster for a long time now... We as fans complain about not being able to cover a tight end, and when complaints happen the response is "ya, but we've been struggling with it for years"

It's because we haven't properly addressed the ILB position and we keep ending up with players who are a liability in coverage. It is a need, probably one of the two biggest needs our defense faces.

CoachChaz
02-20-2019, 02:25 PM
ILB has been one of the bigger needs on our roster for a long time now... We as fans complain about not being able to cover a tight end, and when complaints happen the response is "ya, but we've been struggling with it for years"

It's because we haven't properly addressed the ILB position and we keep ending up with players who are a liability in coverage. It is a need, probably one of the two biggest needs our defense faces.

I think that is a conundrum for this staff going into free agency and the draft. If Jewell and Davis aren't good enough to cover these players, then do they go out and get a guy that can? If so, does he take away from Jewell's playing time or Davis'? Jewell is already the better of those 2 in coverage, but Davis is currently a bigger financial investment. Does Davis remain a 2 down backer and the potentially costly incoming player only plays on passing downs? Do we take time away from Jewell and his development? or if we draft a player like White, so we stunt his development with part time play?

Or do we look at safety for help in that area? Can Cravens be the player he was expected to be under this staff? Jamal Carter? Can they stay healthy and motivated? Can we find out before free agency? If not, do we spend big on a Landon Collins or Adrian Amos? And if we invest in safety and ILB, then what do we do to fill other positions of need?

Gotta say...not sure I want to be in the shoes of the decision makers on this staff this off-season. Lots of questions and lots of variables.

Freyaka
02-20-2019, 03:04 PM
I think that is a conundrum for this staff going into free agency and the draft. If Jewell and Davis aren't good enough to cover these players, then do they go out and get a guy that can? If so, does he take away from Jewell's playing time or Davis'? Jewell is already the better of those 2 in coverage, but Davis is currently a bigger financial investment. Does Davis remain a 2 down backer and the potentially costly incoming player only plays on passing downs? Do we take time away from Jewell and his development? or if we draft a player like White, so we stunt his development with part time play?

Or do we look at safety for help in that area? Can Cravens be the player he was expected to be under this staff? Jamal Carter? Can they stay healthy and motivated? Can we find out before free agency? If not, do we spend big on a Landon Collins or Adrian Amos? And if we invest in safety and ILB, then what do we do to fill other positions of need?

Gotta say...not sure I want to be in the shoes of the decision makers on this staff this off-season. Lots of questions and lots of variables.

If we sign Mosely, it would be as an upgrade to Davis. Jewell has coverage abilities, and is decent in the run game. He had some inconsistencies, but he's young and that comes with the territory.

Davis is fantastic against the run, but a liability in the pass. Mosely is better against the run than Davis is and is also an upgrade in coverage skills. Of the two, Todd Davis is the weak link.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-20-2019, 03:06 PM
Any OMers here...Is the orange mane down?

slim
02-20-2019, 03:10 PM

I don't know the answer to either of your questions.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Elevation inc
02-20-2019, 03:15 PM

I didn’t see tha last year I saw a lot of blown safety coverages on TE’s but not as much as the fan base would like to believe happened at ILB. At ILB I saw Marshall struggle in run support afte his weight cut and I saw jewel being a rookie a lot......where I did see big break downs was when our safeties covered TE’s or our scheme just didn’t have anyone cover a TE like the little game.....

There isn’t one position on this team right now that can’t be upgraded except for maybe our number 1 cab and our top 2 OL...but ILB in coverage was as big a issue as everyone believes

Freyaka
02-20-2019, 04:33 PM

I tend to stay away from that place. It's the Mos Eisley spaceport of football.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/a1/a1574382f88267917f24a8c712ea3af02152ef84294141e38d 78528cf6e6ffd4.jpg

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-20-2019, 05:00 PM
Ya I think it blew up. Can’t access it from multiple different avenues.

Broncos23
02-20-2019, 06:08 PM
Ya I think it blew up. Can’t access it from multiple different avenues.

what's up. I can't access it either. Did the site get nuked? I found one other guy that posts on there besides you. He said he can't access it either.

I've noticed that site hasn't updated their security for a couple years...it's time for someone else to make a new forum site for that place.

I've done it before but only for like 15-20 people..

BroncoJoe
02-20-2019, 06:31 PM
Or, you guys could just stick around here. We're a better community. Kind of tight knit, but way better than the mess that is the other site.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-20-2019, 06:51 PM
what's up. I can't access it either. Did the site get nuked? I found one other guy that posts on there besides you. He said he can't access it either.

I've noticed that site hasn't updated their security for a couple years...it's time for someone else to make a new forum site for that place.

I've done it before but only for like 15-20 people..

What’s up Bronc. Ya looks like it’s down if we all can’t get on. Taco ain’t paying his bills. Ha!

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-20-2019, 06:51 PM
Or, you guys could just stick around here. We're a better community. Kind of tight knit, but way better than the mess that is the other site.

This place seems pretty legit, but I notice not nearly as much traffic rolls through.

Broncos23
02-20-2019, 06:57 PM

as long as you moderate this place a merger with orangemane could be good...it's not bad besides a couple of guys you could leave out (wolfe, Action).

I noticed as well with Drunk that this site isn't as active. Like I said, you guys can kick out the guys being ********. There's some knowledgeable posters over there.

Broncos23
02-21-2019, 03:17 AM
This place seems pretty legit, but I notice not nearly as much traffic rolls through.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DenverBroncos/comments/aszim5/orangemane_down/?st=jsecqx8i&sh=df2edce3

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-21-2019, 11:17 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/DenverBroncos/comments/aszim5/orangemane_down/?st=jsecqx8i&sh=df2edce3

Taco better not leave us in the dark!

underrated29
02-21-2019, 11:51 AM
The only down side is mug is perma banned here.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-21-2019, 11:59 AM

How did Mug get perma banned here? I’d probably last a week then.

TXBRONC
02-21-2019, 12:19 PM

You were here when he got the permanently banned right?

Broncos23
02-21-2019, 12:28 PM

I can see mug getting banned. He can get pretty worked up on some of the prospects. Did you read the Murray thread?

Dreadnought
02-21-2019, 12:43 PM

He got worked into a state and threatened to meet with a couple of our members to beat their asses in Jacksonville or something IIR. It takes a fair amount to get permabanned here, less than at the 'Mane, but a lot more than at the Official site. Real life threats, even dumb probably meaningless ones, will accomplish that.

And welcome

TXBRONC
02-21-2019, 12:52 PM
He got worked into a state and threatened to meet with a couple of our members to beat their asses in Jacksonville or something IIR. It takes a fair amount to get permabanned here, less than at the 'Mane, but a lot more than at the Official site. Real life threats, even dumb probably meaningless ones, will accomplish that.

And welcome

I thought he said something else more severe.

underrated29
02-21-2019, 01:28 PM
Yeah he talked about burning clays family in a house fire and whatnot.

Jsteve01
02-21-2019, 01:34 PM
I miss clay

Elevation inc
02-21-2019, 01:47 PM
MUG earned his ban here, don’t know if he will ever get a second shot....he does get fired up about prospects but he is a asset to any off-season discussion.....used to love when him, myself, lancane, Ravage, Dream and others would go round and round about certain guys....i pretty much disappeared from the main site cause of the Alastor mod days, then vanished from here for about 6 years due to life lol....never been a big presence on the mane...more of the occasional lurker....this site got pretty crazy Turing the Tebow, MCD days....its pretty level headed for the most part here in main topics, still the occasional tiffs, but not to crazy.... i have heard P&R can get nasty lol

Freyaka
02-21-2019, 02:31 PM
MUG earned his ban here, don’t know if he will ever get a second shot....he does get fired up about prospects but he is a asset to any off-season discussion.....used to love when him, myself, lancane, Ravage, Dream and others would go round and round about certain guys....i pretty much disappeared from the main site cause of the Alastor mod days, then vanished from here for about 6 years due to life lol....never been a big presence on the mane...more of the occasional lurker....this site got pretty crazy Turing the Tebow, MCD days....its pretty level headed for the most part here in main topics, still the occasional tiffs, but not to crazy.... i have heard P&R can get nasty lol

Think he's banned at the main site for flying off the handle too....

TXBRONC
02-21-2019, 02:34 PM

I suppose you can say he's consistent.

Poet
02-21-2019, 05:30 PM
I miss Ravage and Claymore.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-21-2019, 05:32 PM
Ha banned everywhere. So the OM is where he settled? I’m not sure the OM is coming back. Never been this long.

TXBRONC
02-21-2019, 05:47 PM
I miss Ravage and Claymore.

You're just an old softy King.

Poet
02-21-2019, 05:54 PM
You're just an old softy King.

My belly is soft!

underrated29
02-21-2019, 06:27 PM
Ha banned everywhere. So the OM is where he settled? I’m not sure the OM is coming back. Never been this long.

That would really suck because I think Req (purposely) got himself a perma here too. He is my buddy and he and mug are my faves for good draft prep and draft talk.

underrated29
02-21-2019, 06:28 PM
My belly is soft!

There is a penis joke in here somewhere

Poet
02-21-2019, 06:55 PM
There is a penis joke in here somewhere

It’s not in my belt but in ur mouth

Elevation inc
02-21-2019, 06:55 PM

I was almost perma banned at the main site after going off on alastor. I’m pretty level headed most the time.......that dude was on a whole new mod level back in the day....bunch of good cats got banned for dumb stuff like dream aka req and MUG....kinda lost it’s luster for me....

Mods once perma banned is there any coming back from that here? Like a re-evaluation lol

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-21-2019, 07:06 PM
Req posts through here?

Elevation inc
02-21-2019, 07:09 PM
Req posts through here?

No I think he is banned as well lol

Dreadnought
02-21-2019, 07:10 PM
Req posts through here?

Um, No. His permaban was well and truly earned. I don't Mod anymore, but thats one I never second guess :lol:

We have had two permabans reversed eventually IIR

TXBRONC
02-21-2019, 07:25 PM
My belly is soft!

See.

Poet
02-21-2019, 07:47 PM
Now if you get permabanned it's really more of an indefinite. You can return if you pledge a few certain things, on a case by case basis. I speak from personal experience. Granted...I don't recall too many people threatening violence...or burning...down...houses?

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-21-2019, 08:23 PM
Haha Req making friends. Both those dudes are pretty tame and mellow on OM. Of course, what I think may be mellow is an offense here. I gotta feel it out. You guys might get a large migration if the Orange Mane is permanently gone. I’ve talked to a few posters and some are just scattered across the internet message boards. Reddit here and the official website are about the only ones that have any traffic come through.

TXBRONC
02-21-2019, 08:45 PM
Now if you get permabanned it's really more of an indefinite. You can return if you pledge a few certain things, on a case by case basis. I speak from personal experience. Granted...I don't recall too many people threatening violence...or burning...down...houses?

I don't if they would let MUG back considering what he did.

Broncos23
02-21-2019, 09:07 PM
Haha Req making friends. Both those dudes are pretty tame and mellow on OM. Of course, what I think may be mellow is an offense here. I gotta feel it out. You guys might get a large migration if the Orange Mane is permanently gone. I’ve talked to a few posters and some are just scattered across the internet message boards. Reddit here and the official website are about the only ones that have any traffic come through.

I'm looking for a place not as strict as the official forums. Reddit is full of sunshine pumpers most the time. Looking for something like the mane that is more laid back.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-21-2019, 09:42 PM
I'm looking for a place not as strict as the official forums. Reddit is full of sunshine pumpers most the time. Looking for something like the mane that is more laid back.

Hopefully it’s temporary. We should have an answer as to what’s going on in next few days. Someone will have to of talked to a mod or Taco by then. Keep an eye out for info.

slim
02-21-2019, 10:04 PM
Yeah he talked about burning clays family in a house fire and whatnot.

Yeah, he wanted to kill Clay, literally. I can't really blame him for that.

Dreadnought
02-21-2019, 10:26 PM
Yeah, he wanted to kill Clay, literally. I can't really blame him for that.

LMAO! Beefstew too.

As for mellow? We try to be. There is kind of an odd two-tiered approach here too on a lot of topics. There is almost nothing out of bounds in the Lounge if you opt in, pretty much short of posting actual porno. And no, its not like a weird ghey hang-out. A lot of really funny stuff goes on in there.

Moderation is tighter in the Football section, but mostly just in that you can't abuse other posters. You may feel free to abuse VJ, Josh McDaniels, Jake Plummer, Rahim Moore, our draft choices, Tebow fanbois you name it.

underrated29
02-21-2019, 10:35 PM
It’s not in my belt but in ur mouth

That's just a pickup line.
I accept!

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-21-2019, 10:38 PM
LMAO! Beefstew too.

As for mellow? We try to be. There is kind of an odd two-tiered approach here too on a lot of topics. There is almost nothing out of bounds in the Lounge if you opt in, pretty much short of posting actual porno. And no, its not like a weird ghey hang-out. A lot of really funny stuff goes on in there.

Moderation is tighter in the Football section, but mostly just in that you can't abuse other posters. You may feel free to abuse VJ, Josh McDaniels, Jake Plummer, Rahim Moore, our draft choices, Tebow fanbois you name it.

Thanks for the heads up. I have a feeling we think alike on the bolded.

underrated29
02-21-2019, 10:39 PM
Req posts through here?

He did. He was "dream" here.

Requiem of a dream. He told me one day he was going to see how far he had to go to get perma. Then he did. Chris is a weird guy but a good one.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-21-2019, 10:43 PM
He did. He was "dream" here.

Requiem of a dream. He told me one day he was going to see how far he had to go to get perma. Then he did. Chris is a weird guy but a good one.

He’s hilarious. I always related his name to the movie, which is weird and crazy in itself, Like him.

dogfish
02-22-2019, 01:10 AM
And no, its not like a weird ghey hang-out. A lot of really funny stuff goes on in there.

*snorts*

it's not kind to lie to the noobs, dread. . .

Shazam!
02-22-2019, 06:09 AM
Dream/Req is/was a gold plated douchebag of the highest order.

Dreadnought
02-22-2019, 09:16 AM

Holy Crap! Its been 9+ years since he earned his permaban in 12/09. Maybe he has grown up some since then, but OTOH his offense was severe enough that I can't imagine the current admin and Mods (all praise be unto them) backtracking on this one.

Freyaka
02-22-2019, 09:17 AM
I was almost perma banned at the main site after going off on alastor. I’m pretty level headed most the time.......that dude was on a whole new mod level back in the day....bunch of good cats got banned for dumb stuff like dream aka req and MUG....kinda lost it’s luster for me....

Mods once perma banned is there any coming back from that here? Like a re-evaluation lol

Alastor hated me...guy loved his power trips....

Broncos23
02-22-2019, 04:38 PM
Can I talk bad about keenum or is that a no-no?

Dreadnought
02-22-2019, 04:50 PM

Oh, Rock On! Blast away! You'll find many here share that opinion 100%. Me, only @ 70%. He was pretty bad; not bad like Jake Plummer in 2006 bad, but pretty friggin' bad.

FWIW, Midnight Blue has shown up here too, and has been posting some in the Lounge

Valar Morghulis
02-22-2019, 04:50 PM

it is pretty much expected

underrated29
02-22-2019, 06:04 PM

This isnt the main boards. YOu can say whatever shit you want here. Just dont involve peoples families. If you want to really let it fly make a thread in the lounge, bring back the boob mojo, its all good. Lounge is the way to our hearts (and Beefs colon)

Jsteve01
02-22-2019, 07:49 PM
This reminds me of the great freak exodus of 2010.

Broncos23
02-22-2019, 10:18 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/ looks like the mane is coming back.

I'll stick around though since you guys sound cool :beer:

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-22-2019, 11:21 PM

I’m just getting a white blank screen.

Edit: I cleared my search history and website data now I see the reloading screen.

Shazam!
02-23-2019, 05:50 AM

Holy Crap! Its been 9+ years since he earned his permaban in 12/09. Maybe he has grown up some since then, but OTOH his offense was severe enough that I can't imagine the current admin and Mods (all praise be unto them) backtracking on this one.

Makes me realize how long ive been here.

Shazam!
02-23-2019, 05:51 AM

I’m just getting a white blank screen.

Edit: I cleared my search history and website data now I see the reloading screen.

Most should come here if anyone is left over from BroncosFreak.

Tbolt
02-24-2019, 05:01 AM
This is a much better board than the OM anyway. That board has been over ran by dbag fans of other teams for years.