PDA

View Full Version : WATCH: Bizarre video of Vance Joseph, John Bowlen surfaces

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2019, 05:22 PM
A strange video involving Vance Joseph, former Broncos head coach, and John Bowlen, son of Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, surfaced on Twitter Saturday.

In the 15-second video, which was shared by Bowlen and is embedded below, the two are shown laughing and joking around at an undisclosed location — possibly inside a vehicle — about a nonsensical topic.

This was posted to an IG account called @superbowlen nine hours ago. pic.twitter.com/QJpDG5LJlJ
— Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) January 20, 2019

Here's a transcript of the brief, albeit very odd, exchange.

rest - https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Article/Bizarre-video-of-Vance-Joseph-John-Bowlen-surfaces-128089376/

Northman
01-20-2019, 05:29 PM
Well, this explains everything. Lol

UnderArmour
01-20-2019, 05:35 PM
Maybe VJ got baked before every game? Does the NFL have a drug testing policy for coaches? It would definitely explain his Sunday decision making.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-20-2019, 07:38 PM
Just Say No

Poet
01-20-2019, 07:50 PM
Leader of...

SmilinAssasSin27
01-20-2019, 07:52 PM
Crack is Whack

TXBRONC
01-20-2019, 10:53 PM
rest - https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Article/Bizarre-video-of-Vance-Joseph-John-Bowlen-surfaces-128089376/

Lets never talk about this again.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-21-2019, 07:11 PM
Who ******* cares.

People actually latching onto a nothing video.

TXBRONC
01-21-2019, 07:29 PM
Who ******* cares.

People actually latching onto a nothing video.

I don't think so. Carol mentioned because it's the offseason friend.

Shazam!
01-21-2019, 07:34 PM
He is def looking ****ed up

Was this after he got the AZ DC gig

MOtorboat
01-21-2019, 07:40 PM
The guy had a few drinks out on the town.

The horror.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-21-2019, 07:49 PM
Choose to Refuse

nevcraw
01-21-2019, 11:58 PM
Two pariahs pumping each other in the back of an uber. Solid

SmilinAssasSin27
01-22-2019, 12:02 PM
Hugs not Drugs

Hawgdriver
01-23-2019, 08:30 PM
Doesn't scratch the spot that Stranger Things scratches.

Bizarre fail.

dogfish
01-24-2019, 12:09 AM
Hugs not Drugs

they go great together!

DenBronx
01-24-2019, 02:24 AM
Who’s a gangster?

tomjonesrocks
01-25-2019, 07:44 PM
Now that VJ’s gone I’m going to ease up on him. Terrible hire - entirely JFE’s fault - his own words.

Never got the impression VJ was a bad guy though.

UnderArmour
01-26-2019, 03:56 PM
Now that VJ’s gone I’m going to ease up on him. Terrible hire - entirely JFE’s fault - his own words.

Never got the impression VJ was a bad guy though.

https://www.westword.com/news/report-broncos-vance-joseph-rubbed-penis-against-two-unsuspecting-women-8701425

One of the women said she did not pursue further action because she "could handle herself" and she only wanted to see CU fire him. So yeah, he's a piece of crap, both as a coach and as a person.

DenBronx
01-27-2019, 06:34 AM
VJ sucked but I didn’t hate his guts like I did McDick.

TXBRONC
01-27-2019, 08:11 AM

I don't even hate McDaniels, but he was far worse because he made entire locker room toxic.

UnderArmour
01-27-2019, 11:06 AM
I don't even hate McDaniels, but he was far worse because he made entire locker room toxic.

Jury is still out for me with regards to the locker room, particularly when you got both vet players and coaches subtly badmouthing him now. VJ could not command the respect of a coaching staff that won Super Bowl 50, and had to fire certain guys because he brought nothing to the table that would make a coach or a player with a ring go "Wow. This guy can make me better."

With McDaniels, there was never a question about his knowledge of the game. He was an absolute a-hole to his staff and players, but his a-holishness came from a position of him knowing the game well and just lacking the people skills/leadership qualities to motivate a team towards his Xs and Os vision. The biggest example of McD blowing it was with Mike Nolan. Mike Nolan schematically blitzed way too much, but McD didn't have the people skills to see Nolan's perspective: the team simply did not have the talent to run a "bend, don't break" NE-style defense at the time. Nolan's only chance schematically was to blitz all day and hope for the best, and McD's arrogance blinded him to thinking only his schemes worked.

With VJ? Guy had no schemes. Guy had no vision. Guy had no chance. Guy had no hope. Guy had no clue.

I'd take Josh McDaniels ANY day of the week over VJ. At least McD can say he's outcoached people. When has Vance Joseph EVER outcoached anyone in his career?

BeefStew25
01-27-2019, 11:14 AM
Gloss over the whole patriot way cheating thing.

UnderArmour
01-27-2019, 11:16 AM
Gloss over the whole patriot way cheating thing.

Even if VJ taped another team's practices, he wouldn't even know what to look for.

Northman
01-27-2019, 11:32 AM

Lol yes because cheating is far worse than sexually assaulting women. I mean, i have no love lost for McDaniels but he is not a bigger POS than VJ at this point. :lol:

BeefStew25
01-27-2019, 12:36 PM
Even if VJ taped another team's practices, he wouldn't even know what to look for.

I’d take VJ’s reputation over McD’s.

UnderArmour
01-27-2019, 12:42 PM
I’d take VJ’s reputation over McD’s.
A reputation of incompetence and sexual assault vs. a reputation of an a-hole that can gameplan? Give me the game planner. I like knowing my team has a chance. There is a reason why one guy has rings and the other doesn't. VJ couldn't get a job in New England as a janitor.

Either way, glad both eras are over.

BeefStew25
01-27-2019, 12:56 PM
A reputation of incompetence and sexual assault vs. a reputation of an a-hole that can gameplan? Give me the game planner. I like knowing my team has a chance. There is a reason why one guy has rings and the other doesn't. VJ couldn't get a job in New England as a janitor.

Accusations don’t convict.

UnderArmour
01-27-2019, 01:25 PM
Accusations don’t convict.

The police report states the woman chose not to pursue it because "she could handle herself" and that she only wanted to see VJ lose his job at CU. Not many women want to be dragged through the long court process, where their name will inevitably be dragged through the dirt. CU decided to part ways with Vance, so clearly they believed enough of the accusations to get rid of him. A coach really shouldn't be running around drinking with student athletic trainers anyways.

Shazam!
01-27-2019, 02:17 PM

Jury is still out for me with regards to the locker room, particularly when you got both vet players and coaches subtly badmouthing him now. VJ could not command the respect of a coaching staff that won Super Bowl 50, and had to fire certain guys because he brought nothing to the table that would make a coach or a player with a ring go "Wow. This guy can make me better."

With McDaniels, there was never a question about his knowledge of the game. He was an absolute a-hole to his staff and players, but his a-holishness came from a position of him knowing the game well and just lacking the people skills/leadership qualities to motivate a team towards his Xs and Os vision. The biggest example of McD blowing it was with Mike Nolan. Mike Nolan schematically blitzed way too much, but McD didn't have the people skills to see Nolan's perspective: the team simply did not have the talent to run a "bend, don't break" NE-style defense at the time. Nolan's only chance schematically was to blitz all day and hope for the best, and McD's arrogance blinded him to thinking only his schemes worked.

With VJ? Guy had no schemes. Guy had no vision. Guy had no chance. Guy had no hope. Guy had no clue.

I'd take Josh McDaniels ANY day of the week over VJ. At least McD can say he's outcoached people. When has Vance Joseph EVER outcoached anyone in his career?

I agree. VJ got beat bad by Todd friggin Bowles. Mcd had much more football iq than VJ its a joke.

Northman
01-27-2019, 02:17 PM
The police report states the woman chose not to pursue it because "she could handle herself" and that she only wanted to see VJ lose his job at CU. Not many women want to be dragged through the long court process, where their name will inevitably be dragged through the dirt. CU decided to part ways with Vance, so clearly they believed enough of the accusations to get rid of him. A coach really shouldn't be running around drinking with student athletic trainers anyways.

The glove didnt fit.

Poet
01-27-2019, 02:43 PM
McDaniels still is in talks for head coaching positions. VJ was one of the worst head coaches in the league. League logic seems to be that McDaniels and his transgressions aren't a deal killer. In a few years we'll see what the league's logic is about VJ.

TXBRONC
01-27-2019, 03:21 PM

McDaniels was a terrible game planner a head coach. Even if he was players didn't buy into it.

TXBRONC
01-27-2019, 03:28 PM

Lol, no McDaniels can't say out coach anyone. Their records are nearly identical at the end of day.

UnderArmour
01-27-2019, 03:30 PM
McDaniels was a terrible game planner a head coach. Even if he was players didn't buy into it.

McD definitely had some games where he coached his tail off, but it became evident that his lack of adapting to his players eventually did him in. The line the Broncos had was built for zone-blocking, and ofc McDaniels insisted on power-blocking because "it's my scheme." I wouldn't say he was a terrible game planner because maybe his system would have worked if he had talented players who fit his scheme, but I'd say he failed recognize his players strengths and adapt to the talent he had.

UnderArmour
01-27-2019, 03:32 PM
Lol, no McDaniels can't say out coach anyone. Their records are nearly identical at the end of day.

The 6-0 stretch the Broncos went on says otherwise. The random blowouts of KC say otherwise. Hell, the offensive gameplan last week in Kansas City says otherwise. I think McD is a a-hole, but he definitely knows his football.

TXBRONC
01-27-2019, 03:39 PM
McD definitely had some games where he coached his tail off, but it became evident that his lack of adapting to his players eventually did him in. The line the Broncos had was built for zone-blocking, and ofc McDaniels insisted on power-blocking because "it's my scheme." I wouldn't say he was a terrible game planner because maybe his system would have worked if he had talented players who fit his scheme, but I'd say he failed recognize his players strengths and adapt to the talent he had.

You're talking out of both side of you mouth. You can't be a good game planner if you can't recognize strengths of your players and adapt to the talent they have.

UnderArmour
01-27-2019, 03:43 PM
You're talking out of both side of you mouth. You can't be a good game planner if you can't recognize strengths of your players and adapt to the talent they have.

Sure you can. McD recognized the weaknesses of opposing teams, and drew up schemes to counter them. The schemes themselves he drew up failed because the players he had on the field were not good enough to carry out his plans.

VJ had no schemes, only players that were good enough to make plays, so he failed because he brought nothing to the table outside of terrible challenges and improper management of players (Isiah McKenzie).

TXBRONC
01-27-2019, 03:50 PM
The 6-0 stretch the Broncos went on says otherwise. The random blowouts of KC say otherwise. Hell, the offensive gameplan last week in Kansas City says otherwise. I think McD is a a-hole, but he definitely knows his football.

Wrong, 2-8 the rest of way says otherwise. Sorry pal Belicheck gets credit for the game plans. Bottom line is wins and losses as I mentioned earlier. They nearly identical records as when serving as head coach.

TXBRONC
01-27-2019, 03:51 PM
Sure you can. McD recognized the weaknesses of opposing teams, and drew up schemes to counter them. The schemes themselves he drew up failed because the players he had on the field were not good enough to carry out his plans.

VJ had no schemes, only players that were good enough to make plays, so he failed because he brought nothing to the table outside of terrible challenges and improper management of players (Isiah McKenzie).

No he didn't.

UnderArmour
01-27-2019, 03:58 PM
Wrong, 2-8 the rest of way says otherwise. Sorry pal Belicheck gets credit for the game plans. Bottom line is wins and losses as I mentioned earlier. They nearly identical records as when serving as head coach.

My argument is that McDaniels is a better coach than Vance Joseph. If you're honestly telling me the two are equal, you have provided no evidence outside of "well their records are equal." I've provided substance, you haven't. VJ blew more games than McD ever even had a chance in due to the talent deficit (that McD arguably created).

Do some digging and come back. McDaniels is simply the better football coach.

UnderArmour
01-27-2019, 04:01 PM
I cannot think of even one time that Vance Joseph was actually an asset to this organization.

Poet
01-27-2019, 04:02 PM
When he called plays on defense we got better.

UnderArmour
01-27-2019, 04:11 PM
When he called plays on defense we got better.

Apparently, he just got more involved in substitutions and packages.

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Article/Vance-Joseph-to-be-more-involved-in-defensive-playcalling-vs-Rams-per-report-123310232/

Joseph will be "more involved" in the defensive playcalling during Sunday's home game against the Los Angeles Rams. Klis allows that Woods is still the de facto coordinator, though it appears Joseph will have an active role in play selection and player deployment.

This, after affirming earlier in the week that Woods' role won't change.

“Joe’s the coordinator, so he’s calling the plays," Joseph said Wednesday.

And even with that, the late season meltdown of giving up 200 yards to a TE and failing to adjust speaks volumes to VJ's judgment and leadership.

Poet
01-27-2019, 04:14 PM
I'm with you on the VJ is worse than McD. I was just trying to argue for the guy - tbh he's one of the least deserving HC's I've seen.

dogfish
01-27-2019, 04:18 PM
lol, mcdaniels vs. VJ-- it's like the ultimate retard slap-fight. . .

TXBRONC
01-27-2019, 04:37 PM

Exactly, they were both terrible head coaches.

Poet
01-27-2019, 04:37 PM
McDaniels at least flashed insight and talent during his time here. You could see what he was good at.

Hawgdriver
01-27-2019, 06:41 PM
Nut, share a video. These people don't really know what bizarre means.

Jsteve01
01-27-2019, 08:12 PM

Not fair at all. Mcdaniels was an immature asshat but good at football. Just too much too soon. Vj has never shown himself to be proficient at anything

Joel
01-28-2019, 01:32 AM
The guy had a few drinks out on the town.

The horror.
You people made me agree with MO; I'm ashamed of all of us (except, ironically, Bowlen, Joseph and MO.) :tongue: