PDA

View Full Version : I Hereby Concede That Elway Has Tricked me Into Believing...Again.

Ground Control
01-18-2019, 05:53 PM
Alternative post title: 'Elway is finally acting like a boss level GM'.

Love The Godfather (HC)! We zagged when everyone else zigged, and the fact that 7 of the 8 HCs that made it to the divisional round this year were over 50 proves this sound policy. And then there's Fangio. I never heard of him, of course, but he is f'ing loved by pretty much everyone..and he eats McVay and anyone that had a conversation with him...and so became a HC...for breakfast. Plus he said we would not suffer a 'Death By Inches'. That is good because I'm pretty sure that's one of the thousands of Chinese hells I don't want to visit. So, I love Fangio! He is the man that will beat our divas into eidelons of the Sport, the Devourer of the offense every NFL team is using currently, and a man that stared Elway down and said 'What? Kubiak? No thanks'.

I know Elway was part of it but in my mind, Elway was looking for the man that would push him on the issue. Then hired the man that he knew would help him kick his destructive Kubiak habit.

Moving on: I Love Donatell! He's Italian. That means he's family. I'm not Italian but the Broncos new head coach is Italian, so he's family. I'd rather not sleep with the fishes and you should feel the same, so Donatell is family! He's actually an awesome coach as well, so that's great. He won't call plays, but Fangio will. Fangio is in the ranks of Belidick and Phillips on defensive play calling, so...I'm reeeaaaaly f'ing happy to be excited about our defense kicking a** again. Donatell is a pretty damn fine DB coach and more, so I really love him. He coached our DBs for the 2 90s SB wins and they rocked, true? So we don't even have to be afraid of waking up with a horse head on our pillow to love him, right?

I love The Scary Gorilla (Scangarello)! I have no freaking clue who he is and no one else does, either. OK, maybe we all have some clue, thanks to Google and Broncos media: He stalked Kyle Shanahan from the shadows of lower ranked college coaching alleys for years. He took secret, forbidden pics and waited with heavy breath on every move Kyle made. He threw away everything for his love of that younger, oh so attractive younger man and threw himself at his loved one's feet as an intern. He even starred in the video remake of 'Every Breathe You Take' by the Police (Don't even think of stealing this idea for a You Tube post! It is mine!...OK, steal it. I don't post You Tube videos). Anyway, The Gorilla is kind of exactly what we hope for as Broncos fans that are dying by inches for the Broncos to rip themselves into the current decade of NFL offenses: High risk, High reward. An unknown that studied (stalked) the C drive: Bill Walsh/ West Coast/ Shanahan system and has an idea or two in his pocket. Every new NFL offensive trend grew up in high schools across America; Then developed in small college schools across America; and so on to the big schools. Now, the NFL is getting over forcing the 'professional' QB to stay in the pocket as a rule and pretending to be more mature than the college system that all of it's future leaders (QBs) rise from. The Gorilla spent hard and valid years in the small ranks, unadulterated by the restrictions bigger schools are bound by. Doesn't mean he'll be great. Doesn't mean that we won't hate him next year. But in a league of drowned by sleepy AF derivative offenses run by old men that can't see the tree within the forest they worship/ cling to, I'm OK with riding this Gorilla Train for maybe even 5 years. We'll see after 2 though...

Also, I'm kind of loving that he didn't have a one night stand with Sean McVay, or have coffee with him, or retweet one of his tweets. Or, whatever. McVay walked into a situation that just needed a nudge. He is a fantastic and extremely intelligent, as well as enormously talented coach. I wish we had him. But he benefits from the situation he walked into and everyone that brushes against him isn't his equal by default. It kind of goes to show you how silly the NFL is on some levels. But I digress...McVay uses Shanahan's system. Shanahan used Shanahan's system. His son does as well. Shanahan's system came from Bil Walsh as an answer to the heavy handed 'smash mouth football' that was the accepted reality in the NFL at the time...which is still the accepted NFL ideal, depending on if it's a home game, or an away game, or a game in the snow, or a game in the playoffs. Again, the NFL is simple and derivative and driven by millionaire man-children that have no clue what is innovative, and are given no options to re-examine their foundations because anyone they listen to has been indoctrinated into their culture through fear and subservience.

I know, that was a rant. But there was a purpose and we do have hope. It may be just another derivative offense but at least it's going to be OUR derivative. The gorilla is a risky but exciting unknown but at least we didn't make him HC. Bengals, anyone? (don't quote me on this if the Bengals win the AFC title for the next decade) Otherwise, I can't wait to see what a book-smart and nerdy coach like him can do with everything he's learned, while being guided by titans like Munchak and Fangio.

I love the fact that we have only the smallest clue what will happen on offense next year! We know the basics. We know whom we have regarding players...for now. We know it's NOT Kubiak and his sleepy interpretation of his former stalking victim's (Mike S.) system. We also know that Elway has felt the pressure and finally came out swinging. He has no status to rely on any more. He had no car salesman to trick us into buying another lemon like VJ and smile while being bent over. IMO, he's stepped outside of himself but remembered himself in perfect balance and has made the best power moves in the last few weeks. Like a boss GM should. A boss GM that is maybe finally only that. He'll always be HOF Elway to some/ all but he can't live on that image anymore, himself.

Personally, I give Elway and the Godfather 5 years. I know their contracts are shorter than that but Elway knocked this round of hires out of the park. Fangio isn't a flash in the pan. He's a badass that will bring the shine back to Denver again. That gritty and perfect as mud shine. He might not be made of HC material (like Phillips wasn't) but I think he is. He's a stalker too. But The Godfather stalks his own legacy and he's been waiting patiently...not reaching...but continuing to dominate in the trenches...like a boss. IMO, from what I've read about him anyway. Cudos, Elway! I have given you crap of late and I am positive I was correct in doing so. I also knew and said you had this in you, 'cause...experienced, driven, champion, power player and all. I hereby eat all my negative words on you, in anticipation that I will be given a future feast of fun and exciting football in Denver. I'm cool with waiting some years for huge success because I know it will finally be fun again to watch every game and we will compete in every game. We will again fill the stadium because we know we will always be in it.

And we will sink a few bodies into the river along the way, Godfather, Donatell, and Gorilla style.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-18-2019, 05:59 PM
That's a LOT of words

Poet
01-18-2019, 06:00 PM
That's a LOT of words

People these days could stand to read more. I mean this broadly. Not even saying you.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-18-2019, 06:02 PM
But...

That's a LOT of words

Poet
01-18-2019, 06:04 PM
But...

That's a LOT of words

He had that much to share with us. He's that passionate. I think it's dope.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-18-2019, 06:05 PM
A lot...

Poet
01-18-2019, 06:05 PM
A lot

:tsk:

Thanks for the thread, GC!!!!!

SmilinAssasSin27
01-18-2019, 06:06 PM
...of words

Poet
01-18-2019, 06:09 PM
We get it, but don't besmirch his thread!

GC - Dona is family.

Ground Control
01-18-2019, 06:27 PM
...of words

A lot.

Ground Control
01-18-2019, 06:30 PM
But...

That's a LOT of words

Says the man that has nothing to do on a Friday but patrol a sports fan forum site looking for words to read. I am just the dealer. I may sell bunk product but how will you know until you try it, fan boy?

Just kidding (again). Don't turn that sharp AF Wakizashi on me!

K, I'm done. Carry on.

Ground Control
01-18-2019, 06:33 PM
A lot...

Of words.

Words....

Worms...

Just kidding! I'm definitely not implying that this is my thread, so you might just be treated to beneficial worms if you choose to dig further. And such.

Anyway, you're right. It is a lot of...

Ground Control
01-18-2019, 06:37 PM
We get it, but don't besmirch his thread!

GC - Dona is family.

Thanks. I am passionate and extremely satisfied that I get to be passionate about a Broncos team that is finally going to be worthy of us again. Plus, Dona is fam.

I wonder if it will be common place to call Fangio 'The Godfather'? I know calling Scangarello 'The Gorilla' is reaching but is it reaching to hope we can have a Godfather as HC in Denver?

Hawgdriver
01-18-2019, 06:48 PM
Also, I'm kind of loving that he didn't have a one night stand with Sean McVay, or have coffee with him, or retweet one of his tweets. Or, whatever. McVay walked into a situation that just needed a nudge. He is a fantastic and extremely intelligent, as well as enormously talented coach. I wish we had him. But he benefits from the situation he walked into and everyone that brushes against him isn't his equal by default. It kind of goes to show you how silly the NFL is on some levels. But I digress...McVay uses Shanahan's system. Shanahan used Shanahan's system. His son does as well. Shanahan's system came from Bil Walsh as an answer to the heavy handed 'smash mouth football' that was the accepted reality in the NFL at the time...which is still the accepted NFL ideal, depending on if it's a home game, or an away game, or a game in the snow, or a game in the playoffs. Again, the NFL is simple and derivative and driven by millionaire man-children that have no clue what is innovative, and are given no options to re-examine their foundations because anyone they listen to has been indoctrinated into their culture through fear and subservience.

This is an excellent point.

There is no doubt that NFL games are still won and lost in the trenches to a very high degree. It's rare to find a game in which the defensive line dominated the line of scrimmage and lost, or vice versa. Smashmouth is very much alive and well--but this staff comes from that reality! Kuper, Munchak, Fangio...these guys get the line of scrimmage.

But we just know that the offensive thinking has to evolve...and you don't evolve unless you try new things. That can be scary, but risk-taking by insightful people is a good long term approach...stocks over bonds in the long run.

The team is shaping up on the coaching side as a well-balanced portfolio that is poised to earn outsized returns from possible fresh thinking or innovation. Who knows if this new OC is a scrub or pocket genius. Either way, I agree: I like Elway's boldness.

Poet
01-18-2019, 07:01 PM
McVay runs a smash mouth line - ask the cowboys.

Poor McVay can’t get any respect on this site.

Ground Control
01-18-2019, 07:05 PM
This is an excellent point.

There is no doubt that NFL games are still won and lost in the trenches to a very high degree. It's rare to find a game in which the defensive line dominated the line of scrimmage and lost, or vice versa. Smashmouth is very much alive and well--but this staff comes from that reality! Kuper, Munchak, Fangio...these guys get the line of scrimmage.

But we just know that the offensive thinking has to evolve...and you don't evolve unless you try new things. That can be scary, but risk-taking by insightful people is a good long term approach...stocks over bonds in the long run.

The team is shaping up on the coaching side as a well-balanced portfolio that is poised to earn outsized returns from possible fresh thinking or innovation. Who knows if this new OC is a scrub or pocket genius. Either way, I agree: I like Elway's boldness.

Agreed and all hail Munchak! He's the pivot point for our offense having the foundation that allows the Gorilla to work his new Voodoo (hopefully). Fangio is all about the LBs though...and the Dline. You can't be a master LB coach without understanding the Dline. Fangio is also a guy that lives the trenches as a philosophy. At least that's how I think most NFL folk see as defining a 'lifer'. Unless he is the opposite of what everyone in the NFL gives witness to his character, he will be a great HC. I saw his guile in his first interview. He didn't only win it, but he controlled it. I saw that as the first step he had to take to be the 'face' every head coach has to be...while patiently waiting to get away from the cameras to make the actual moves it takes to win.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-18-2019, 07:15 PM
McKay uses Madden video game formationss to test his players in the classroom. Friggin genius.

Ground Control
01-18-2019, 07:15 PM

My point wasn't to insult him. He really is a badass and a master. He did get handed a great position though, so we'll see how it all turns out. I believe it will turn out well though; He's a bit of a man among children IMO. As far as it goes, I definitely didn't mean to say that he doesn't embrace 'smash mouth' tactics. I was leaning more towards the wierdness that is NFL pundits and personalities touting 'aggressive' offenses and defenses most of the time, while still saying that 'smash mouth' wins games when it really matters. Meaning, they have no clue how simple they sound, since it's all part of almost every down we see in the NFL.

Having said that. I would give more credit to his hiring of Phillips than to his own knowledge of defenses regarding any observation on whether the Rams system is more 'smash mouth' than otherwise. IMO, another reason why he is a master: he knows his limitations and embraces a master on his flank, so he doesn't have to spend time baby sitting his defense. He has strong influence and makes the calls that guide the D but it is definitely Wade Phillipss D. As it should be. He is among the top 5 all time DCs, methinks.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-18-2019, 07:17 PM
His situation is kind of why I like Foles. The prior coach there may actually be the worst coach in NFL history in regards to QB development. Everyone who he doesn't completely run out of the league gets exponentially better when they move on from him.

McKay is a hell of a coach...but the cupboard wasn't bare.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2019, 07:18 PM
Today on TheFan, the following was mentioned a couple of times:

"Elway hired his now coach Fangio, and his future coach Scangarello".

Ground Control
01-18-2019, 07:25 PM

Could be. Way to early to tell but I would be glad to see it. If the Gorilla grows into the offensive genius that Fangio is on D, then all the better. The best D is a great O, right? I'm just guessing but it seems like the Godfather is the type of guy that would be happy to leave that sort of legacy behind him. Again, because he is inventive enough to counter the most inventive offensive minds in the NFL. Like Sun Tzu, or a chess master; Respect and acknowledgement is given to worthy opponents...and students.

Ground Control
01-18-2019, 07:46 PM
And no poet or author creates any art without the foundation given to them by their predecessors. Continuing this example, there are only a few literary styles/ structures to build a story on in the history of the written word. It is not an insult to note that every new 'genius' of the art is working with derivetives. It is more my intent to insult pundits and the like that blithely swat criticisms of the art of sport that they make their living from. Plus, I admit to being sick of hearing about every different way to say the 'Shanahan'/ 'West Coast' system, in opposition to the 'Beledick' system (or, the "Ron Erhardt-Ray Perkins" system he was lucky enough to be the coach that hired the minds to create). Also, I am human and hate on fools, as needed.

Otherwise, football is f'ing football and there have been huge changes since the forward pass and there are massive nuances involved in the sport but...there are innovators at the higher levels and there are sleepy types. There are only so many differences to be found given any formula that consists of (mostly) 11 men on each side. There are way more mathematical possibilities in 22 variables than the human mind can actually implement within the extremely limited frame that physics, space, and rules allow for. So, we are left with a field, forward or backward, and a whole bunch of sweat and potential that usually end up being a run or a pass of some sort. It really is like chess and any plan or move of note is more worthy than recognition of a particular system, outside of giving props to individual masters. A master move in chess is remembered because of the person that made it but in the NFL, the man that made a good move is given credit for changing the entire game...when that isn't necessarily true, correct? A series of moves is only similar or dissimilar only in relation to the rules of the game that generates them. McVay, Beledick, Reid, etc. are geniuses. They thrive in the game that their peers take as the rule, while they take it as the means to abuse the rule. And play on other's limited understanding of the game and the rule.

The system means crap. 'Spread concepts' and 'smash mouth' are tools that the best in the business laugh at and manipulate, while the pundits and lesser minds dally over their definition and history.

TXBRONC
01-18-2019, 07:51 PM

That thought occurred to me as soon as the hire of Scangarello was complete.

Cugel
01-18-2019, 07:59 PM
lternative post title: 'Elway is finally acting like a boss level GM'.

Love The Godfather (HC)! We zagged when everyone else zigged, and the fact that 7 of the 8 HCs that made it to the divisional round this year were over 50 proves this sound policy. Etc.

Etc.

Etc.

OK, I was going to make a long post. Maybe even 3 or 4 paragraphs.

But, I just can't compete man. No way I can top that. :tsk: That is a seriously impressive lot of words.

Hawgdriver
01-18-2019, 08:16 PM

:sad:

Poet
01-18-2019, 08:23 PM
:sad:

I love him, Hawg. With all my heart.

Nomad
01-18-2019, 08:32 PM

We're not gonna give him a hand job like yourself, but he did well last Sat. Saints will bring him back down to Earth on Sunday, but McVay is on the right track.

Poet
01-18-2019, 08:34 PM
We're not gonna give him a hand job like yourself, but he did well last Sat. Saints will bring him back down to Earth on Sunday, but McVay is on the right track.

You tell me to be happy and positive and then you style on me like that.

Rams have a good shot at being the Saints. New Orleans' offense isn't showing up. Rams were a slight favorite today by the bettors. When Talib is in the lineup the Rams defense gives up half as many points, Nomad. We traded that guy...

Nomad
01-18-2019, 08:36 PM
You tell me to be happy and positive and then you style on me like that.

Rams have a good shot at being the Saints. New Orleans' offense isn't showing up. Rams were a slight favorite today by the bettors. When Talib is in the lineup the Rams defense gives up half as many points, Nomad. We traded that guy...

It's more of a 'slow down young fella, in time, McVay will have his time', but I do agree that the Rams will have a shot at being the Saints one day.

Timmy!
01-18-2019, 08:40 PM
A lot...

Somewhere Joel is smiling.

Poet
01-18-2019, 08:41 PM
It's more of a 'slow down young fella, in time, McVay will have his time', but I do agree that the Rams will have a shot at being the Saints one day.

My life is so miserable and I hate myself so much that anything which brings me joy I go all in on.

Hoodie, Reid, Payton, Carrol, Pederson. Those are the coaches who are better than McVay. Not Tomlin who could only win with Cowher's roster, has little input in his team's draft, and lost control of his locker room. Not McCarthy who got carried by Rodgers. That's how good that young man is. That's how talented he is. Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawgdriver
01-18-2019, 08:41 PM

Looks like your speech to text messed up--you said Sunday and it changed it to one day.

Nomad
01-18-2019, 08:44 PM
Looks like your speech to text messed up--you said Sunday and it changed it to one day.

Saints will prevail on Sunday, and one day, the Rams will know that success. :D

Poet
01-18-2019, 09:00 PM
Saints will prevail on Sunday, and one day, the Rams will know that success. :D

You might be a sad lad.

Nomad
01-18-2019, 09:02 PM
You might be a sad lad.

Then again, I may be glad, because the Saints win at their pad.

Poet
01-18-2019, 09:13 PM
Then again, I may be glad, because the Saints win at their pad.

That was style.

Nomad
01-18-2019, 09:14 PM
That was style.

A first grade reading level helps. :D

Poet
01-18-2019, 09:26 PM
I miss lawdog

Dapper Dan
01-18-2019, 09:26 PM
Alternative post title: 'Elway is finally acting like a boss level GM'.

Love The Godfather (HC)! We zagged when everyone else zigged, and the fact that 7 of the 8 HCs that made it to the divisional round this year were over 50 proves this sound policy. And then there's Fangio. I never heard of him, of course, but he is f'ing loved by pretty much everyone..and he eats McVay and anyone that had a conversation with him...and so became a HC...for breakfast. Plus he said we would not suffer a 'Death By Inches'. That is good because I'm pretty sure that's one of the thousands of Chinese hells I don't want to visit. So, I love Fangio! He is the man that will beat our divas into eidelons of the Sport, the Devourer of the offense every NFL team is using currently, and a man that stared Elway down and said 'What? Kubiak? No thanks'.

I know Elway was part of it but in my mind, Elway was looking for the man that would push him on the issue. Then hired the man that he knew would help him kick his destructive Kubiak habit.

Moving on: I Love Donatell! He's Italian. That means he's family. I'm not Italian but the Broncos new head coach is Italian, so he's family. I'd rather not sleep with the fishes and you should feel the same, so Donatell is family! He's actually an awesome coach as well, so that's great. He won't call plays, but Fangio will. Fangio is in the ranks of Belidick and Phillips on defensive play calling, so...I'm reeeaaaaly f'ing happy to be excited about our defense kicking a** again. Donatell is a pretty damn fine DB coach and more, so I really love him. He coached our DBs for the 2 90s SB wins and they rocked, true? So we don't even have to be afraid of waking up with a horse head on our pillow to love him, right?

I love The Scary Gorilla (Scangarello)! I have no freaking clue who he is and no one else does, either. OK, maybe we all have some clue, thanks to Google and Broncos media: He stalked Kyle Shanahan from the shadows of lower ranked college coaching alleys for years. He took secret, forbidden pics and waited with heavy breath on every move Kyle made. He threw away everything for his love of that younger, oh so attractive younger man and threw himself at his loved one's feet as an intern. He even starred in the video remake of 'Every Breathe You Take' by the Police (Don't even think of stealing this idea for a You Tube post! It is mine!...OK, steal it. I don't post You Tube videos). Anyway, The Gorilla is kind of exactly what we hope for as Broncos fans that are dying by inches for the Broncos to rip themselves into the current decade of NFL offenses: High risk, High reward. An unknown that studied (stalked) the C drive: Bill Walsh/ West Coast/ Shanahan system and has an idea or two in his pocket. Every new NFL offensive trend grew up in high schools across America; Then developed in small college schools across America; and so on to the big schools. Now, the NFL is getting over forcing the 'professional' QB to stay in the pocket as a rule and pretending to be more mature than the college system that all of it's future leaders (QBs) rise from. The Gorilla spent hard and valid years in the small ranks, unadulterated by the restrictions bigger schools are bound by. Doesn't mean he'll be great. Doesn't mean that we won't hate him next year. But in a league of drowned by sleepy AF derivative offenses run by old men that can't see the tree within the forest they worship/ cling to, I'm OK with riding this Gorilla Train for maybe even 5 years. We'll see after 2 though...

I know, that was a rant. But there was a purpose and we do have hope. It may be just another derivative offense but at least it's going to be OUR derivative. The gorilla is a risky but exciting unknown but at least we didn't make him HC. Bengals, anyone? (don't quote me on this if the Bengals win the AFC title for the next decade) Otherwise, I can't wait to see what a book-smart and nerdy coach like him can do with everything he's learned, while being guided by titans like Munchak and Fangio.

I love the fact that we have only the smallest clue what will happen on offense next year! We know the basics. We know whom we have regarding players...for now. We know it's NOT Kubiak and his sleepy interpretation of his former stalking victim's (Mike S.) system. We also know that Elway has felt the pressure and finally came out swinging. He has no status to rely on any more. He had no car salesman to trick us into buying another lemon like VJ and smile while being bent over. IMO, he's stepped outside of himself but remembered himself in perfect balance and has made the best power moves in the last few weeks. Like a boss GM should. A boss GM that is maybe finally only that. He'll always be HOF Elway to some/ all but he can't live on that image anymore, himself.

Personally, I give Elway and the Godfather 5 years. I know their contracts are shorter than that but Elway knocked this round of hires out of the park. Fangio isn't a flash in the pan. He's a badass that will bring the shine back to Denver again. That gritty and perfect as mud shine. He might not be made of HC material (like Phillips wasn't) but I think he is. He's a stalker too. But The Godfather stalks his own legacy and he's been waiting patiently...not reaching...but continuing to dominate in the trenches...like a boss. IMO, from what I've read about him anyway. Cudos, Elway! I have given you crap of late and I am positive I was correct in doing so. I also knew and said you had this in you, 'cause...experienced, driven, champion, power player and all. I hereby eat all my negative words on you, in anticipation that I will be given a future feast of fun and exciting football in Denver. I'm cool with waiting some years for huge success because I know it will finally be fun again to watch every game and we will compete in every game. We will again fill the stadium because we know we will always be in it.

And we will sink a few bodies into the river along the way, Godfather, Donatell, and Gorilla style.

Same.

Nomad
01-18-2019, 09:35 PM
A first grade reading level helps. :D

King......I remember "Read with Dick & Jane" was my first grade reading.

Traveler
01-18-2019, 10:30 PM
Not sure if Scangarello will work out or not. I will say that I applaud Fangio & Elway for putting him through the grinder. I have never heard of a coaching interview that lasted almost 3 days. That my friends is due diligence. Actually excited again about our team.

Now, I’ll wait for the purge to begin. Hunch is CHJ is correct in that several older, injured and high priced veterans will be gone soon. Two years too late IMO, but the team needs a reset. No more living in the past ie., Kubiak and Manning.

Let the rebuild begin!

Ground Control
01-18-2019, 10:40 PM
OK, I was going to make a long post. Maybe even 3 or 4 paragraphs.

But, I just can't compete man. No way I can top that. :tsk: That is a seriously impressive lot of words.

A LOT of words.

I know. I've been waiting to find out who our OC will be. They build up, ya know?

Ground Control
01-18-2019, 10:45 PM
Same.

Damn. I wish you could have posted, so I could just say 'same'. Glad to meet a like mind though. Shit is getting real again in Denver!

Poet
01-18-2019, 10:46 PM
Ground Control is a treasure!

Ground Control
01-18-2019, 10:58 PM
Not sure if Scangarello will work out or not. I will say that I applaud Fangio & Elway for putting him through the grinder. I have never heard of a coaching interview that lasted almost 3 days. That my friends is due diligence. Actually excited again about our team.

Now, I’ll wait for the purge to begin. Hunch is CHJ is correct in that several older, injured and high priced veterans will be gone soon. Two years too late IMO, but the team needs a reset. No more living in the past ie., Kubiak and Manning.

Let the rebuild begin!

For sure. I hope a solid core remains, including Miller, Harris, Paradis, maybe Peko, I want Wolfe but I'm ok if not. He's a paralyzation waiting to happen. Shaquil Barrett is a must keep but that's outside our hands. He is not Miller or Chubb but who knows, he may stay with the changes that have happened. Davis, Marshall. See ya. Their tackle numbers have always been good but obviously not good enough and Fangio needs speed at inside LB. And just betterness. See ya Heurman. Nice you showed up for a minute last year but not holding my breath for you to improve on that.

The coaches we kept are all solid. The coaches we replaced needed replacing. We can't be sure on the Gorilla yet. Not until he pounds his chest and starts ripping apart defenses, at least.

Ground Control
01-18-2019, 11:03 PM
Ground Control is a treasure!

Be careful. Tolkien's ring was a treasure too. Some said it was...'precious'.

And thanks.

Poet
01-18-2019, 11:06 PM
Be careful. Tolkien's ring was a treasure too. Some said it was...'precious'.

And thanks.

One ground control to rule them all!

Ziggy
01-19-2019, 08:16 AM
If the Broncos offense comes out and averages 25-30 points/game, Scangs is gone. Nearly every team that needs a coach is looking for the next Sean McVay, and the owners will back it because it builds excitement in the fan base and sells tickets.

Hopefully our new offensive coordinator is a genius, and we have someone in house to learn from him and take over when he leaves. Either that, or Fangio has this discussion with Elway-

QhVHfogUQNU

TXBRONC
01-19-2019, 09:32 AM
If the Broncos offense comes out and averages 25-30 points/game, Scangs is gone. Nearly every team that needs a coach is looking for the next Sean McVay, and the owners will back it because it builds excitement in the fan base and sells tickets.

Hopefully our new offensive coordinator is a genius, and we have someone in house to learn from him and take over when he leaves. Either that, or Fangio has this discussion with Elway-

QhVHfogUQNU

There is a good chance but it's not a given. It is also possible (but not probable) he might turn down offers after just one year.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-19-2019, 10:10 AM
King......I remember "Read with Dick & Jane" was my first grade reading.

Ah, how quickly it goes from, “See Dick and Jane run”, to just “See dick in Jane”... that’s about as far as my reading level goes these days. :dur:

Cugel
01-19-2019, 11:11 AM
One ground control to rule them all!

Nope. I'm just going to diminish, go into the West and remain Cugel. :laugh:

Cugel
01-19-2019, 11:18 AM

It's better to have that problem than the problem "OMG did you see how bad the offense sucked again THIS year?! Fire Scangarello!"