PDA

View Full Version : Paxton Lynch - Seattle

Denver Native (Carol)
01-17-2019, 04:33 PM
Sports Radio KJR
‏Verified account @SportsRadioKJR
26m26 minutes ago

.@IanFurnessSea has learned that the @Seahawks are signing QB Paxton Lynch.

The 2016 1st round pick by the Denver Broncos out of Memphis played 3 games in his rookie season and 2 in 2017 before being released last year.

Poet
01-17-2019, 04:34 PM
Best of luck to him.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-17-2019, 04:35 PM
Sweet, now we should strike while the iron is hot and offer the #10 overall pick for Wilson! What do they need him for? They have the great Packin’ Lunch now!

tomjonesrocks
01-17-2019, 04:35 PM
Hmm. I hate Carroll - wouldn't be particularly happy if he looked good playing there.

As much as they're seemingly moving the offense away from Wilson with all that running I kind of don't get what they're doing.

That said imagine he's camp fodder. Odd signing for them.

Another quick-draw for Carol. Far as I can tell this news really started breaking like 10 minutes ago...

BroncoWave
01-17-2019, 04:55 PM
Camp fodder I'm guessing.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-17-2019, 05:07 PM
Leigh Steinberg
‏Verified account @leighsteinberg
9m9 minutes ago

#PaxtonLynch @PaxtonLynch has signed a one year contract with @Seahawks for 2019. @MemphisFB He wanted to wait until finding a great fit.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-17-2019, 05:13 PM
Adam Schefter
‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
19m19 minutes ago

Seattle Seahawks signed former Broncos’ QB Paxton Lynch, as @IanFurnessSea reported. A chance to compete for a job to back up Russell Wilson.

Ben Arthur
‏ @benyarthur
4m4 minutes ago

Ex-Broncos QB Paxton Lynch has officially signed a reserve/future contract with the Seahawks, per NFL transactions (as noted by others).

Gives Seattle an option behind Wilson with no other backup QBs currently under contract.

Shazam!
01-17-2019, 10:27 PM
Good for him.

I have a nice bootleg Lynch if anyone wants it 2x

Cugel
01-18-2019, 04:41 PM
Hmm. I hate Carroll - wouldn't be particularly happy if he looked good playing there.

Bwa-hahahahahahahaha! Looked good playing what? PS4? :laugh:

Did you get hit on the head and forget how terr-bad Paxton actually is? He spent three years and never got any better because he never put in the work.

It's about the most intensive job you can imagine. I for instance am much too lazy to ever do anything that hard, even if I were a great athlete, which of course I never was. I was the guy who got picked last in gym.

CoachChaz
01-18-2019, 04:48 PM
Bwa-hahahahahahahaha! Looked good playing what? PS4? :laugh:

Did you get hit on the head and forget how terr-bad Paxton actually is? He spent three years and never got any better because he never put in the work.

It's about the most intensive job you can imagine. I for instance am much too lazy to ever do anything that hard, even if I were a great athlete, which of course I never was. I was the guy who got picked last in gym.

I have a feeling this was probably a given for most people here.

Freyaka
01-18-2019, 04:58 PM
Camp fodder I'm guessing.

I agree, he's likely just camp fodder, but it is a good fit for him. If he's going to latch on somewhere and revive his career, their offensive system is one that suits his physical talents the best.

I'm not going to be bitter, glad he's not in Denver anymore, but best of luck kid, hopefully you've grown up a bit and are ready to put the work in this time.

BroncoWave
01-18-2019, 05:01 PM
I agree, he's likely just camp fodder, but it is a good fit for him. If he's going to latch on somewhere and revive his career, their offensive system is one that suits his physical talents the best.

I'm not going to be bitter, glad he's not in Denver anymore, but best of luck kid, hopefully you've grown up a bit and are ready to put the work in this time.

Yeah I don't hate the guy. Not his fault where he was drafted. Classic case of a guy going too high because he's a QB.

chazoe60
01-18-2019, 05:05 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Paxton is the anti-Russell Wilson. He's a tall lunkhead with no work ethic.

BroncoWave
01-18-2019, 05:08 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Paxton is the anti-Russell Wilson. He's a tall lunkhead with no work ethic.

You never know how a guy will do with a second chance. He probably came in thinking he was hot shit as a first round pick, now he has to fight for his career. I do agree though that if his work ethic doesn't change from what it was in Denver he'll be out of the league in short order.

Freyaka
01-18-2019, 05:12 PM

I'll give you the work ethic part, but people can change. I doubt he will, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

The reason I think he'll fit their system well is because he's, mobile, and has a good arm. His accuracy sucks, but he has a good arm.

If he can put the effort in and try to grow, that's a good situation for him. I doubt very much he does and he probably won't make it out of camp.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-18-2019, 05:32 PM
Sports Radio KJR
26m26 minutes ago

The 2016 1st round pick by the Denver Broncos out of Memphis played 3 games in his rookie season and 2 in 2017 before being released last year.

And still...nobody cared

Freyaka
01-18-2019, 05:32 PM
And still...nobody cared

His mamma cares.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-18-2019, 05:33 PM
His mamma cares.

Doubtful

Freyaka
01-18-2019, 05:41 PM
Doubtful

I dunno, the only person I've ever harbored animosity over after he left the team was Nate Webster. That guy and his horrible chin straps....He was a giant pile of trash. To find out about his post playing escapades with minors just reaffirmed that I was right to hate that clown and his on the field celebrations of minor accomplishments and the constant loss of his helmets.

Nomad
01-18-2019, 05:44 PM
Perhaps Lynch can find his football talent in Seattle. I don't wish the guy ill will. He just wasn't a very good QB for the Broncos.

Freyaka
01-18-2019, 05:46 PM
Perhaps Lynch can find his football talent in Seattle. I don't wish the guy ill will. He just wasn't a very good QB for the Broncos.

I'm more annoyed at Elway than I am Paxton for that though...Elway should have never drafted him, but here we are....

Nomad
01-18-2019, 05:48 PM
I'm more annoyed at Elway than I am Paxton for that though...Elway should have never drafted him, but here we are....

I haven't read through the thread, only the thread title, but I agree JE drafted Lynch a little early. I guess Dallas would have drafted him, though?

Freyaka
01-18-2019, 05:52 PM
I haven't read through the thread, only the thread title, but I agree JE drafted Lynch a little early. I guess Dallas would have drafted him, though?

I wouldn't have had an issue with us drafting him in a later round, had that happened MAYBE he would have been less entitled and assumed the job was going to be handed to him. If Dallas had taken him, could have had Prescott which would have been alright in my book...

I think Lynch's downfall is he got drafted high, so he assumed he was just automatically worth that. He didn't realize, you gotta put the time in to succeed no matter where you got drafted. Until he figures that out, he'll never make it in the NFL.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-18-2019, 05:58 PM
I dunno, the only person I've ever harbored animosity over after he left the team was Nate Webster. That guy and his horrible chin straps....He was a giant pile of trash. To find out about his post playing escapades with minors just reaffirmed that I was right to hate that clown and his on the field celebrations of minor accomplishments and the constant loss of his helmets.

I have no animosity. I am simply indifferent in regards to the guy's success or failure.

Freyaka
01-18-2019, 06:01 PM
I have no animosity. I am simply indifferent in regards to the guy's success or failure.

I get it, he's not one of us anymore so who gives a rats.

I was more just want to share my burning hatred for Nate Webster with all of you....

Cugel
01-18-2019, 08:05 PM
I have a feeling this was probably a given for most people here.

I wasn't totally bad at slalom, but was too afraid to race GS for my high school team. Of course I wiped out in every course, but I was very aggressive about doing it.

That's about it. :coffee:

Cugel
01-18-2019, 08:06 PM
I wouldn't have had an issue with us drafting him in a later round, had that happened MAYBE he would have been less entitled and assumed the job was going to be handed to him. If Dallas had taken him, could have had Prescott which would have been alright in my book...

I think Lynch's downfall is he got drafted high, so he assumed he was just automatically worth that. He didn't realize, you gotta put the time in to succeed no matter where you got drafted. Until he figures that out, he'll never make it in the NFL.

There was absolutely zero chance he would last until the 2nd round since Jerry Jones wanted to draft him and even ranted publicly against his personnel people who resisted his urge to trade up ahead of the Broncos to draft Paxton. He said after the draft that he felt he should have ignored them and done it.

That was before Dak Prescott turned out to be good.

Magnificent Seven
01-18-2019, 08:35 PM
Who Cares? He sucks! :salute:

Nomad
01-18-2019, 08:38 PM
Who Cares? He sucks! :salute:

Damn, M7. :shocked: LoL.

aberdien
01-18-2019, 09:58 PM
It's a nice city.

Nomad
01-18-2019, 10:00 PM
It's a nice city.

You gonna come visit me, abe?

aberdien
01-18-2019, 10:01 PM
You gonna come visit me, abe?

As long as you buy me some fish and chips!

Nomad
01-18-2019, 10:05 PM
As long as you buy me some fish and chips!

Hell yeah!

Ground Control
01-18-2019, 11:06 PM
Sports Radio KJR
26m26 minutes ago

I wish him all the best...and I'm sure the Seahawks will be leaders in Fortnight scores from here on out.