BeefStew25
01-16-2019, 07:48 PM
He’s young and hungry. Mamma Mia.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-16-2019, 07:52 PM
Mike Klis
‏Verified account @MikeKlis
27m27 minutes ago

Scangarello Watch ends! Broncos make former 49ers QB coach their new offensive coordinator http://www.9news.com/mobile/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/scangarello-watch-ends-broncos-make-former-49ers-qb-coach-their-new-offensive-coordinator/73-26fc88b5-8ab2-4b6c-aeb3-9e13f304c2b3 … via @9NEWS #9sports

Nomad
01-16-2019, 07:59 PM
I guess we have the right guy to evaluate these QBs in the draft. It’ll be interesting to see people doubt him if he feels none of these QBs are worth it at #10.

He has my trust if he feels one of these QBs are worth it, though I’ll grimace if Broncos skip White.

BeefStew25
01-16-2019, 09:43 PM
This is kind of a big hire for Elway.

NightTerror218
01-16-2019, 11:04 PM
I like this hire. Dude reminds me of a coach that is a student if the game and studies offenses a lot to just learn. He took a massive paycut to be an intern for Shanahan just to learn his style of offense after being OC in college ranks. I am hoping a guy like this who is a student of the game be innovative and having munchak working with him will help.

Hawgdriver
01-16-2019, 11:43 PM
I still need him to impress me, but it should make us feel good that Kyle was grooming him. My desire is that he takes Kyle to school moving forward. :popcorn:

Should we have just hired Kyle to begin with? Did we miss on McVay? It's hard to tell. Goff and Garapolo > Siemian and Keenum.

Jsteve01
01-17-2019, 12:00 AM
Can someone post a newspaper article on him from before? I wanted to read it now I can't find the thread that it's in. The one that talks about his history and creativity etcetera

NightTrainLayne
01-17-2019, 12:22 AM
Can someone post a newspaper article on him from before? I wanted to read it now I can't find the thread that it's in. The one that talks about his history and creativity etcetera

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article156739294.html

Shazam!
01-17-2019, 05:58 AM
Should we have just hired Kyle to begin with?

This needed to be asked?

Great hire.

Jsteve01
01-17-2019, 07:58 AM
Should we have just hired Kyle to begin with?

This needed to be asked?

Great hire.

Im going to go glass half full on this one. The upside to Mcd was DT and Von. The upside to Vance is a Chubb and all the impact players from last year and hopefully this year's draft. I have hated it. But drafting in the top third of each round just gives you a different level of player. Again i know. Not ideal but it gives us a chsnce to load up and hopefully offset some of the previous horrid drafts.

Dapper Dan
01-17-2019, 08:29 AM
Thank you Denver Broncos legend, John Lynch, for letting us have him.

Dapper Dan
01-17-2019, 08:30 AM
He is pretty young. I hope he doesn't suck.

Shazam!
01-17-2019, 08:46 AM
I think he will help Denva with their new young QB ________ to get him started right away. Broncos had no option but CK last year but someone pushing him and competing will be the best. We all know if Kelly wasnt a head case hed have been throwing last year and Keenum benched.

Jsteve01
01-17-2019, 10:34 AM
I think he will help Denva with their new young QB ________ to get him started right away. Broncos had no option but CK last year but someone pushing him and competing will be the best. We all know if Kelly wasnt a head case hed have been throwing last year and Keenum benched.

Kelly still breaks my heart

HORSEPOWER 56
01-17-2019, 02:55 PM
Kelly still breaks my heart

...and Shane’s too.

TXBRONC
01-17-2019, 03:37 PM
...and Shane’s too.

Kelly doesn't break Shane's heart, the front office breaks his heart because they were suppose to just look the other way.

The Glue Factory
01-17-2019, 04:05 PM
Regardless of who broke Shane's heart, it's currently broken. Anyone got some duct tape for Shane?

TXBRONC
01-17-2019, 04:19 PM
Regardless of who broke Shane's heart, it's currently broken. Anyone got some duct tape for Shane?

I have some super glue.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-17-2019, 04:55 PM
To this point, I’ve gotta give Elway props. I think he did the absolute best job he could in building this coaching staff. I’m pretty positive that Elway wanted Zac Taylor for OC, but the Bungles took him for their HC so he got Scangerello as option B. Fangio was best available, Donatell was a great get, but Munchak was a coup.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-17-2019, 05:39 PM
SANTA CLARA — Jimmy Garoppolo, Nick Mullens and C.J. Beathard will have a new quarterbacks coach when they report back for the 49ers offseason program in April.

That assumes one of them – particularly Mullens, then Beathard — doesn’t first get dealt to the Denver Broncos, who hired Rich Scangarello on Wednesday as a first-time offensive coordinator.

Scangarello spent the past two years as the 49ers quarterbacks coach. He schooled up a steady rotation of starters, from Brian Hoyer to Beathard to Garoppolo to Beathard again to Mullens, the latter of whom Scangarello campaigned to sign after the Southern Miss quarterback went undrafted in 2017.

rest - https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/01/16/could-ex-49ers-qb-coach-take-garoppolo-backup-to-broncos/

Spiritguy
01-17-2019, 05:47 PM
Came across this on our newest hire. Thought it might give us an idea as to his "style".

Can Scangarello transition to play-calling at the NFL level? While at Wagner College, Scangarello explained that his offense boasts West Coast traits in the passing game, but that the key was to adapt to personnel and "run common plays and put window dressing on it to put pressure on the defense."
More at the link.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/denver-broncos-hire-49ers-qb-coach-rich-scangarello-as-offensive-coordinator

Ziggy
01-18-2019, 10:20 AM
I'm excited about this hire. Elway is taking a swing for the fences on offense, after nailing down the defense with the Fangio hire. I hope he gets him another QB to work with. Mullens perhaps? I think we find out real quickly if Scangs viewed him as a solid backup or a potential star.

Traveler
01-19-2019, 04:38 AM
Wonder if we are keeping Sullivan as the QB coach or if they want someone new? Or is Scangarello going to handle that role?

Ground Control
01-19-2019, 05:09 AM
I still need him to impress me, but it should make us feel good that Kyle was grooming him. My desire is that he takes Kyle to school moving forward. :popcorn:

Should we have just hired Kyle to begin with? Did we miss on McVay? It's hard to tell. Goff and Garapolo > Siemian and Keenum.

Maybe. Yes. No comparison; I'd take either.

Ground Control
01-19-2019, 05:10 AM
Wonder if we are keeping Sullivan as the QB coach or if they want someone new? Or is Scangarello going to handle that role?

so far...

Ground Control
01-19-2019, 05:12 AM
He’s young and hungry. Mamma Mia.

Or is it Gorilla?

Ground Control
01-19-2019, 05:48 AM
To this point, I’ve gotta give Elway props. I think he did the absolute best job he could in building this coaching staff. I’m pretty positive that Elway wanted Zac Taylor for OC, but the Bungles took him for their HC so he got Scangerello as option B. Fangio was best available, Donatell was a great get, but Munchak was a coup.

I think Fangio is a coup as well. Not in the manner that we were lucky to offer him the job but that he is an actual badass. We only need to worry about his acumen as the HC, IMO. I felt reeeally bad about the VJ hire. All signs pointed to a clown that had connections during that hire. Or, some magic fairy dust that Elway sniffed that made him a believer. But we didn't get to sniff the dust and we were left with platitudes regarding our new HC. No success at his core responsibilities and job description, etc. However, The Godfather is on Beledick's level as a DC. Certainly on Phillip's level. That might not translate but we get to find out. I'm very confident that our defense will be fun as hell to watch with him as HC though. I think everyone wanted Zac but I like the Gorilla's history. He is an old, deep nerd that gave up his life to study football offense.

We'll see. I have given my faith to Broncos coaches before but there is a deluge of supporters and lovers of Fangio. That matches my likes on defenses that are4 exciting to watch. Dona has the secondary. The Godfather has all of it and the play calling that has preyed on McVay and the offenses that NFL GMs have drooled over in recent past. Gorilla is the wild card. That card is what will be the difference between a wild card playoff run and a competitor for Mahomes. It's a huge gamble but I'm all in. I would sooooo much rather have an unknown calling plays than another derivative veteran coach that poops out calls that any D can scoop up, like they were cleaning up their yard. The Broncos have been the NFLs feces for the last 3-4 years. Uncomfortable but easy to grasp, once you commit.

Traveler
01-19-2019, 09:16 AM
HAs anyone read or heard what type of linemen Scangarello prefers? Hoping he doesn't like the smaller types.

TXBRONC
01-19-2019, 09:20 AM

That's good question. Scangarello doing the play calling I would imagine there will be a quarterback's coach in place.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-19-2019, 11:16 AM
Rich Scangarello’s big break came as a result of working on an intern’s salary at age 43 while crashing in a co-worker’s spare bedroom. Call it unpredictable. Much like his offense.

The Broncos hired Scangarello (pronounced SKANE-guh-rel-OH) this past week to coordinate their offense under first-year head coach Vic Fangio. His success in 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan’s system for two seasons as quarterbacks coach solidified his candidacy. But Scangarello’s vision is one rooted through lessons of an unorthodox coaching journey.

“It’s an example of someone betting on themselves,” said Jason Houghtaling, head coach at FCS Wagner College where Scangarello once served as offensive coordinator, “and saying, ‘I’m going to take a step backward to take 100 steps forward.’ ”

It began in 1998 with Scangarello an assistant quarterbacks coach at then D-II UC-Davis. Kevin Daft, who went on to be a fifth-round draft pick, was a junior quarterback when Scangarello joined the UC-Davis staff. Daft set five NCAA D-II records.

rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2019/01/19/rich-scangarello-broncos-offense/

NightTrainLayne
01-19-2019, 01:45 PM
Damn it! I wish someone had written about this sooner. I've already got "Scan-jer-ello" stuck in my head. FML.

Scangarello (pronounced SKANE-guh-rel-OH)

nevcraw
01-19-2019, 01:59 PM
Now let’s go get this guy a stud QB. Can’t stand the thought of riding this wave of renewed enthusiasm with a bad ass coaching staff with Case as the the QB next season. Happy with him as back up at reduced salary tho.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-19-2019, 04:07 PM
from article -

Denver hasn't identified a candidate to succeed Sullivan. It's possible Scangarello, formerly the San Francisco 49ers' QB coach, doubles up on the duties.

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Article/Broncos-moving-on-from-QB-coach-Mike-Sullivan-128047184/

UnderArmour
01-21-2019, 07:48 AM
I'd like to see the Broncos dip into the former player ranks the way that other organizations have for their QB coach. Obviously, Peyton Manning won't go "pay his dues" as a coach because he's too rich for that, but maybe a guy like a John Beck, Rex Grossman, or a Jake Plummer who played QB in a "Shannahan offense" would be a great hire. Jake has his money though, and is having a blast in retirement, so that's probably off the table.

Andy Reid started the trend with Nagy and Pederson (and now Mike Kafka), and Arians is doing it in Tampa, Garrett is doing it in Dallas, so the Broncos should definitely get on board with it.

Shazam!
01-21-2019, 08:17 AM
I'd like to see the Broncos dip into the former player ranks the way that other organizations have for their QB coach. Obviously, Peyton Manning won't go "pay his dues" as a coach because he's too rich for that, but maybe a guy like a John Beck, Rex Grossman, or a Jake Plummer who played QB in a "Shannahan offense" would be a great hire. Jake has his money though, and is having a blast in retirement, so that's probably off the table.

Andy Reid started the trend with Nagy and Pederson (and now Mike Kafka), and Arians is doing it in Tampa, Garrett is doing it in Dallas, so the Broncos should definitely get on board with it.

Id love to see Champ as a DBC and Rod as WRC

UnderArmour
01-21-2019, 08:39 AM

Champ would make a great DBC, but I'm not as sold on Rod. The Broncos honestly did not have very many WRs develop behind Rod the way that DBs developed behind Champ. Champ is also financially loaded, so I doubt he would want to coach.

elsid13
01-21-2019, 09:04 AM

Kuper is supposedly coming back to be Denver assistant OL coach. His dad all but confirmed it on the Mane.

Shazam!
01-21-2019, 09:04 AM

Champ would make a great DBC, but I'm not as sold on Rod. The Broncos honestly did not have very many WRs develop behind Rod the way that DBs developed behind Champ. Champ is also financially loaded, so I doubt he would want to coach.

I always felt it was because of talent

The Glue Factory
01-23-2019, 09:48 AM

It all started in Denver under Shanahan who hired Kubes as his QB coach after Kubes retired as a player. Git yer history straight Mr.!

slim
01-23-2019, 12:52 PM
from article -

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Article/Broncos-moving-on-from-QB-coach-Mike-Sullivan-128047184/

I kind of hope Scangs does it. He seems like the best option.

Buff
01-24-2019, 01:12 AM
https://twitter.com/Foxworth24/status/1088108421482799104

NightTrainLayne
01-24-2019, 03:57 PM

Which is why CJ Anderson is doing so well with them immediately after joining the team.

Poet
01-24-2019, 05:14 PM

The boy genius is running and updated version of the offense. One that an older coach, Kubiak refused to update. Behold the power of youth.