PDA

View Full Version : It's Donatell!

turftoad
01-15-2019, 10:16 PM
DC for the Denver Broncos!

NightTerror218
01-15-2019, 10:34 PM
I like this addition. I think with fangio and Donatell our defense is going to be much improved.

dogfish
01-15-2019, 11:20 PM
love it. . . he was my top choice. . . startin' to come together, fellas. . . :salute:

Hawgdriver
01-15-2019, 11:29 PM
love it. . . he was my top choice. . . startin' to come together, fellas. . . :salute:

Now for the offense...

dogfish
01-16-2019, 12:39 AM
Now for the offense...

bag skankarello, and call it a day. . . munchak was a huge get over there. . .

Hawgdriver
01-16-2019, 12:59 AM
bag skankarello, and call it a day. . . munchak was a huge get over there. . .

Maybe...I get the vibe that Elway realizes he has to build Parthenon in a day, so if Skankdaddy ain't a master builder, we gotta find one...

Tned
01-16-2019, 08:43 AM
Maybe...I get the vibe that Elway realizes he has to build Parthenon in a day, so if Skankdaddy ain't a master builder, we gotta find one...

I don't think Elway feels the same crushing pressure fans thinks he does. He wants to win, that's clear, but the Broncos have dominated the AFC West since he took over.

I think the Chiefs just won their second, possibly third playoff game in the last 25 years. The Raiders have been rebuilding for 15 years and have one good season to show, and that's now what two or three years ago? The Chargers have been better overall, but not much.

Under Elway, the Broncos have four or five division crowns. Six or so playoff wins. Two Super Bowl appearances and one Super Bowl win. Between the Super Bowl loss, with one of the best offenses in NFL history, Elway retooled the team and created one of the best defenses in NFL history, and they won a Super Bowl with that defense. Yes, he's had back to back losing seasons, but after arguably one of the best starts to an NFL GM career ever.

Elevation inc
01-16-2019, 09:39 AM
I'm pretty happy with everything so far. As long as we Address CB and ILB with very good players we should be a formidable defense again.

Tned
01-16-2019, 09:42 AM
I'm pretty happy with everything so far. As long as we Address CB and ILB with very good players we should be a formidable defense again.

Yea, I think we could use some help there, especially at CB. We could probably get by with the ILBs, although an upgrade would be nice, but we really need another stud CB for the outside, since our best CB regularly moves inside to cover slot receivers.

Freyaka
01-16-2019, 10:02 AM

Reports I've heard is we really like him. Unless he said something in the interview that was a major red flag or we said something that turned him away, he's our OC. (I haven't heard it announced yet, unless I missed it, but it'll be coming.)

Dapper Dan
01-16-2019, 10:42 AM
Anyone else thinking about Ninja Turtles?

TXBRONC
01-16-2019, 10:54 AM

Glad to see you coming around Dog, I was beginning to think someone was going to have to talk you off a ledge. :D

Cugel
01-16-2019, 05:36 PM
Basically Vic Fangio is his own DC so the most important post is the OC position. Fangio will be running the defense himself pretty much. The DC will be up in the booth relaying info to him on the field.

NightTerror218
01-16-2019, 11:11 PM
Come on Elway swing and get CJ mosley. Fangio likes a sod ILB for his systems

Freyaka
01-16-2019, 11:13 PM
Come on Elway swing and get CJ mosley. Fangio likes a sod ILB for his systems

He'd be absolutely amazing here.

NightTerror218
01-16-2019, 11:14 PM
He'd be absolutely amazing here.

He is going to be a FA. Just hope he does not get a tag.

Hawgdriver
01-16-2019, 11:39 PM
I don't think Elway feels the same crushing pressure fans thinks he does. He wants to win, that's clear, but the Broncos have dominated the AFC West since he took over.

I think the Chiefs just won their second, possibly third playoff game in the last 25 years. The Raiders have been rebuilding for 15 years and have one good season to show, and that's now what two or three years ago? The Chargers have been better overall, but not much.

Under Elway, the Broncos have four or five division crowns. Six or so playoff wins. Two Super Bowl appearances and one Super Bowl win. Between the Super Bowl loss, with one of the best offenses in NFL history, Elway retooled the team and created one of the best defenses in NFL history, and they won a Super Bowl with that defense. Yes, he's had back to back losing seasons, but after arguably one of the best starts to an NFL GM career ever.

Nah, I disagree. I think he genuinely feels a sense of urgency--but that's probably how he's felt the whole time. Look, I got confidence in the guy, especially after the P King interview. I like honest assessments that are hardly self-congratulatory from individuals in possession of a compelling body of work who aren't satisfied with being #2.

Let's ride!

Freyaka
01-17-2019, 12:36 AM
He is going to be a FA. Just hope he does not get a tag.

Yea, I've been beating the table for him over on the official boards. Hard to believe they let him leave though.

dogfish
01-17-2019, 12:38 AM
Nah, I disagree. I think he genuinely feels a sense of urgency--but that's probably how he's felt the whole time. Look, I got confidence in the guy, especially after the P King interview. I like honest assessments that are hardly self-congratulatory from individuals in possession of a compelling body of work who aren't satisfied with being #2.

Let's ride!

we bagged skanks. . . we ride!

Mike
01-17-2019, 09:55 AM
we bagged skanks. . . we ride!

Now nail the draft....

dogfish
01-17-2019, 10:39 AM
Now nail the draft....

i see what you did there. . .

NightTerror218
01-17-2019, 10:42 AM
Yea, I've been beating the table for him over on the official boards. Hard to believe they let him leave though.

Well they have Suggs as a FA as well

Freyaka
01-17-2019, 11:54 AM

It sounds likely they let Suggs and Weddle walk.

TXBRONC
01-17-2019, 11:56 AM

I would not want Suggs 36 years I don't see how he would be helpful when we have young pass rushers to develop.

Freyaka
01-17-2019, 12:21 PM
I would not want Suggs 36 years I don't see how he would be helpful when we have young pass rushers to develop.

I don't think he was suggesting him for us, simplying saying that he's a free agent that the Ravens have to account for when attempting to re-sign Mosley. Mosley will take priority over Suggs since thy are reported to be leaning towards letting him walk.

TXBRONC
01-17-2019, 12:34 PM
I don't think he was suggesting him for us, simplying saying that he's a free agent that the Ravens have to account for when attempting to re-sign Mosley. Mosley will take priority over Suggs since thy are reported to be leaning towards letting him walk.

I didn't say he was Frey.

GEM
01-18-2019, 02:55 AM
Donatell looks like an older BroncoJoe!

BeefStew25
01-18-2019, 03:49 PM
Donatell looks like an older BroncoJoe!

That’s pretty freaking old

BroncoJoe
01-18-2019, 03:51 PM
He's a good looking dude.