01-11-2019, 04:22 PM
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1083833447842488320?s=21

VonDoom
01-11-2019, 04:23 PM
https://twitter.com/albertbreer/status/1083835892727496706?s=21

https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1083836195384090624?s=21

Hawgdriver
01-11-2019, 04:25 PM
I'm listening to this on Sports Talk radio right now.

One of the pet theories is that Elway and Kubiak couldn't see eye-to-eye on Denison.

Kubiak would have been Fangios top choice as OC. I think Elway wants an evolved version of Kubiak. Really excited to see how Elway solves this offensive philosophy riddle...I see this as great news with some tangible risk, and I like it.

Hawgdriver
01-11-2019, 04:27 PM
I really hope Kubiak remains involved and committed to the organization, that Elway and Kubs are still bros.

VonDoom
01-11-2019, 04:29 PM

One of the pet theories is that Elway and Kubiak couldn't see eye-to-eye on Denison.

Kubiak would have been Fangios top choice as OC. I think Elway wants an evolved version of Kubiak. Really excited to see how Elway solves this offensive philosophy riddle...I see this as great news with some tangible risk, and I like it.

Seems like that was a big part of it:

https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1083837246476701696?s=21

VonDoom
01-11-2019, 04:29 PM
I really hope Kubiak remains involved and committed to the organization, that Elway and Kubs are still bros.

I hope so too. If he had a hand in the draft last year, then he did a good job

Dapper Dan
01-11-2019, 04:30 PM
Like, they just now started talking about this shit? What have they been doing for the last month?

Freyaka
01-11-2019, 04:37 PM
Sounds like Mike Munchack is coming to coach our o-line, but this sucks....Kubiak offense with a Munch line could have been a thing of beauty...

Denver Native (Carol)
01-11-2019, 04:43 PM
Mike Klis
‏Verified account @MikeKlis
6m6 minutes ago

Between his 9 years as Elway's backup QB, 11 years as offensive coordinator (2 Super Bowls) and 2 years as head coach (SB50), Gary Kubiak's lofty place in Broncos history is secure. But NFL is a business where it rarely ends well. #9sports

Mike Klis
9m9 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak was a great head coach for Broncos: Super Bowl champ and 21-11 record in two years. But Kubiak will not return as head coach because of health. He did struggle as offensive coordinator in his 2 years with Broncos. Still breakup is too bad. Good man/coach. #9sports

Mike Klis
12m12 minutes ago

This downside to Gary Kubiak as OC: He has not had a top 10 offense since 2012. In 2015-16, Broncos averaged 19.2 ppg, 24th in NFL in that period. Broncos were bottom 10 in scoring, rushing, interceptions, turnovers, 3rd downs, red zone in those 2 yrs. #9sports

Mike Klis
15m15 minutes ago

Welcome to Broncos Country, Vic Fangio, were the drama ceases. #9sports

Mike Klis
16m16 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak did want to bring back offensive assistants Rick Dennison and Brian Pariani. But they were fired by Broncos just two years ago and team didn't want them back. That was second part of it. First part was differences in offensive concepts/schemes going forward. #9sports

Mike Klis
20m20 minutes ago

Prior to Fangio hiring, Elway planned on Kubiak taking broader offensive role and team would have younger/college concept coach serve as coordinator, partly because of Kubiak's health concerns. Then team and Kubiak were talking coordinator role but it didn't work out. #9sports

Mike Klis
24m24 minutes ago

Confirming Broncos and Gary Kubiak going separate ways. He will not be )-coordinator. Differences in philosophy and staffing. Also confirming Broncos hope to bring in Mike Munchak. I can report hope is Munchak as O-line coach, not O-coordinator. He does have family here. #9sports

CoachChaz
01-11-2019, 04:48 PM
Sounds like Mike Munchack is coming to coach our o-line, but this sucks....Kubiak offense with a Munch line could have been a thing of beauty...

I don't get this, I guess. Does doing a great job with good talent supercede doing a good job with poor talent? Do we then suddenly allow Kugler to talk with other teams after only one season? Strange

Denver Native (Carol)
01-11-2019, 04:49 PM
Nicki Jhabvala
‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala
1m1 minute ago

As @RapSheet first reported, the Broncos have indeed notified the Steelers that they want to bring in Mike Munchak as their O-line coach. Munchak's contract expired so they don't need to request permission (the Steelers probably wouldn't have shot that down real quick).

Nicki Jhabvala
6m6 minutes ago

The Broncos are compiling a list of candidates around the league for their offensive coordinator position. I"m told the hire will be completely Vic Fangio's call, for what it's worth.

Nicki Jhabvala
21m21 minutes ago

So Kubiak will not be the Broncos' OC or a part of the offensive staff. He's still under contract as a senior personnel advisor, however.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-11-2019, 04:51 PM
Adam Schefter
‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
40m40 minutes ago

Assistant shocker: Gary Kubiak will not be Denver’s offensive coordinator, league sources tell ESPN.

After lengthy discussions, Denver and Kubiak had different ideas on staffing and offensive philosophies. Both sides going in different directions.

GEM
01-11-2019, 04:52 PM
If Kubes wanted to bring back Dennison ( PUKE!!!! ) then I'm happy Elway said hell to the NO!

Traveler
01-11-2019, 04:53 PM
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1083833447842488320?s=21

Best news I’ve heard all day. Kinda felt something was up yesterday when Fangio pumped the breaks on the hiring of coordinators and assistants.

VonDoom
01-11-2019, 04:54 PM
https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/1083843721337040897?s=21

Denver Native (Carol)
01-11-2019, 04:54 PM
Ian Rapoport
‏Verified account @RapSheet
30m30 minutes ago

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Albert Breer

Gary Kubiak wanted to bring in some of his familiar coaches and that was an assistant. In addition, the #Broncos wanted to move things forward on offense. Be innovative. All that went into it.

VonDoom
01-11-2019, 04:55 PM
If Kubes wanted to bring back Dennison ( PUKE!!!! ) then I'm happy Elway said hell to the NO!

Agreed. This shows that Elway does want to look forward on offense and not live off the past

VonDoom
01-11-2019, 04:56 PM
https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/1083844391804973056?s=21

BeefStew25
01-11-2019, 04:57 PM
I hope Vic kinda made this decision and not 7.

BroncoWave
01-11-2019, 04:58 PM
Agreed. This shows that Elway does want to look forward on offense and not live off the past

My thoughts to. Gives a lot of credence to the reports that Elway wants to move towards a more modern offense. Good for Elway sticking to those guns and not bringing back the good ol boy.

Freyaka
I don't get this, I guess. Does doing a great job with good talent supercede doing a good job with poor talent? Do we then suddenly allow Kugler to talk with other teams after only one season? Strange

Munch is one of the best in the league. He's been a great o-line coach everywhere he's been. No disrespect to Kugler, but Munch will get more out of what we have than Kugler did.

CoachChaz

I don't care. Just glad this decision was made

CoachChaz
Munch is one of the best in the league. He's been a great o-line coach everywhere he's been. No disrespect to Kugler, but Munch will get more out of what we have than Kugler did.

His OL in Tenn sucked.

Freyaka
01-11-2019, 04:59 PM
Ian Rapoport
‏Verified account @RapSheet
30m30 minutes ago

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Albert Breer

Gary Kubiak wanted to bring in some of his familiar coaches and that was an assistant. In addition, the #Broncos wanted to move things forward on offense. Be innovative. All that went into it.

So basically, Elway wanted to evolve and be innovative and Kubiak proved several posters here right by wanting to just be stagnant and not change.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-11-2019, 05:00 PM
Interesting.... Elway isn’t ******* around. The last time he got serious, he brought in Manning and built the best defense in the league. Without Kubiak running it and VJ fired, it’s safe to say most in the building with ties to Keenum are also gone. This could get exciting very quickly.

GEM
01-11-2019, 05:02 PM
My thoughts to. Gives a lot of credence to the reports that Elway wants to move towards a more modern offense. Good for Elway sticking to those guns and not bringing back the good ol boy.

:lol: And some told me I was off my rocker for stating just that. :laugh:

GEM
01-11-2019, 05:03 PM
So basically, Elway wanted to evolve and be innovative and Kubiak proved several posters here right by wanting to just be stagnant and not change.

Ding ding ding! *Raises hand*

Denver Native (Carol)
01-11-2019, 05:05 PM
Interesting video with this

Gary Kubiak will not be Broncos' offensive coordinator

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001009725/article/gary-kubiak-will-not-be-broncos-offensive-coordinator

Cugel
01-11-2019, 05:05 PM
Munchak is brilliant OL coach so this could be an upgrade. I certainly don't think Rick Dennison would be an upgrade if he was coming back.

Bad thing if Kubiak not going to be personnel advisor.

CoachChaz
01-11-2019, 05:08 PM
Munchak is brilliant OL coach so this could be an upgrade. I certainly don't think Rick Dennison would be an upgrade if he was coming back.

Bad thing if Kubiak not going to be personnel advisor.

Yeah. No more Kubiak guys like Keenum coming to town. What a loss.

GEM
01-11-2019, 05:13 PM

On the draft, there were plenty of guys in the room that saw how they ran last year. Set your board, take off anyone with an inkling of issues and go for it.

Freyaka
01-11-2019, 05:20 PM

Also no more Kubiak guys like Linsday, Sutton, Hamilton, ect... Lets not forget that Kubiak as an advisor did impact the great draft class we had this year....

Buff
01-11-2019, 05:21 PM
Like, they just now started talking about this shit? What have they been doing for the last month?

Fangio has been the head coach for 24 hours.

All of the dysfunction narrative seems silly here - Elway was open to the idea, they explored it, and ultimately Fangio wasn't comfortable with it... Dysfunctional would be Elway forcing it on him.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-11-2019, 05:23 PM
Also no more Kubiak guys like Linsday, Sutton, Hamilton, ect... Lets not forget that Kubiak as an advisor did impact the great draft class we had this year....

How do we know any of this or are we just guessing? Does anyone actually know that Kubes had a big impact on the draft? That the guys we drafted were because of his insight/scouting over others?

The only person I’m positive (I have no proof, but I’d wager money) Kubes banged the table for was Keenum. Other than that, it’s conjecture and speculation.

Freyaka
01-11-2019, 05:27 PM
How do we know any of this or are we just guessing? Does anyone actually know that Kubes had a big impact on the draft? That the guys we drafted were because of his insight/scouting over others?

The only person I’m positive (I have no proof, but I’d wager money) Kubes banged the table for was Keenum. Other than that, it’s conjecture and speculation.

Well, you have previous established history of meh drafts and one year of outstanding drafts that Kubiak was involved in...

My money is on Kubes had a big impact.

CoachChaz
01-11-2019, 05:28 PM

Exactly. Scouts, position coaches, VJ, Elway...there is a ton of input that goes into the draft. But if we're going to play pretend and give him credit for this class...does that mean we get to blame him for the previous 3 ???

CoachChaz
01-11-2019, 05:29 PM
Well, you have previous established history of meh drafts and one year of outstanding drafts that Kubiak was involved in...

So he didn't have any impact on them as a coach? Come on...you cant take the good and forget about the bad

HORSEPOWER 56
01-11-2019, 05:29 PM

Kubiak was part of the previous 2 or 3 and they weren’t exactly great...

Denver Native (Carol)
01-11-2019, 05:31 PM
Troy Renck
‏Verified account @TroyRenck
6m6 minutes ago

Lost in this is the strong possibility #Broncos can land Munchak, who is best in the business coaching Oline. #Denver7

Troy Renck
21m21 minutes ago

#Broncos not hiring Kubiak makes sense. Listen, I've said I respect Kubiak as much as any coach ever covered. Bringing him back as assistant head coach made sense. Not as playcaller. And once Kubiak wanted coaches with him that #Broncos didn't want, well no longer a fit. #Denver7

Denver Native (Carol)
01-11-2019, 05:32 PM
Tom Pelissero
‏Verified account @TomPelissero
6m6 minutes ago

The #Broncos will interview #49ers QB coach Rich Scangarello for their offensive coordinator job Monday, source said. A key assistant for Kyle Shanahan since their days in Atlanta, Scangarello had a big hand getting Nick Mullens ready to roll this season. An intriguing option.

Northman
01-11-2019, 05:37 PM

Im actually relieved now to be honest. Time for a new direction offensively.

Northman
01-11-2019, 05:38 PM

Also seems to point to the idea that Kubiak wasnt going to take or bring in any new ideas offensively like some people believed.

Freyaka
01-11-2019, 05:39 PM
Tom Pelissero
6m6 minutes ago

The #Broncos will interview #49ers QB coach Rich Scangarello for their offensive coordinator job Monday, source said. A key assistant for Kyle Shanahan since their days in Atlanta, Scangarello had a big hand getting Nick Mullens ready to roll this season. An intriguing option.

I like this a lot. We still get to go in the same direction we were going, but we also get a fresh perspective.

chazoe60
01-11-2019, 05:39 PM
Tom Pelissero
6m6 minutes ago

Asked in another thread as well but does anyone think Mullens could be an option at QB if this guy ends up getting the OC job?

Buff
01-11-2019, 05:44 PM
Asked in another thread as well but does anyone think Mullens could be an option at QB if this guy ends up getting the OC job?

Makes some sense - he'd be familiar with system - Lynch/Elway have good relationship, so a trade would more likely than with some other teams... I think itd just come down to whether SF is trying to hold onto him for Garrapolo insurance.

Northman
01-11-2019, 05:45 PM
I would trade Mullins for Keenum straight up, Mullins at least can pass from the pocket with some accuracy.

Poet
01-11-2019, 05:47 PM

:salute:

Shazam!
01-11-2019, 05:48 PM
Is he out with the Broncos as in fired or he quit or just not returning to the sidelines?

GEM
01-11-2019, 05:49 PM

As an advisor, he wasn't the only guy in the room. Elway was in that room as well as all of our personnel guys. Kubiak was also in charge when we drafted:

Shane Ray, Sambraillo, Heuerman, Garcia, Doss, Kilgo, Siemian, Nixon, Furman.

Let's not act like Kubes has drafted superb his whole time in Denver.

Poet
01-11-2019, 05:51 PM
Seems like that was a big part of it:

https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1083837246476701696?s=21

He's a one trick pony. He wanted his coaches and his old scheme. Elway wanted something newer and fresh. I'm happy about this because I was skeptical about Kubiak's evolution. When Elway said he wanted a new flavor to the offense, college concepts, and we were rumored to hire Kubiak, I was skeptical but took an optimistic approach that Kubiak could do it. The fact that there's this disagreement pretty much exemplifies Kubiak in a nutshell: he's great at what he can do, but what he can do isn't that great anymore.

My levels of happiness and positivity = all time high!!!!!!!!!!!

**** YES!

Poet
01-11-2019, 05:52 PM

If you wanted an outdated version of what McVey's doing in L.A. then your definition of beauty is...weird.

This is a good mother ******* day, Frey.

A GOOD DAMN DAY!

Hawgdriver
01-11-2019, 05:59 PM

We both know 7 vetoed it, and this seems within the province of a GM. I feel more optimistic about the franchise moving forward than I have in a while even though things are so unsettled and appear uncertain--even though I think Kubiak with his old cronies would have been adequate. It signals the type of singular pursuit of excellence I expect of the organization. Get er done boys.

Ground Control
01-11-2019, 06:09 PM
https://twitter.com/albertbreer/status/1083835892727496706?s=21

https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1083836195384090624?s=21

Yes!

I respect Kube's history with the organization but he is milk toast, at best. Talk that his adherence to the Shanahan tree means that he is not that far behind the current trend of aggressive/ college style offenses (because McVay is a S. disciple) falls waaaaay short when held to water. I will leave further criticism of Kubes behind to focus on how glad I am to see that we are actually moving into a new era as Broncos fans. The Godfather is legit. His HC credentials are in question but I love what I have seen thus far. As a defensive guru that has had to adjust to the modern NFL offense to succeed and thrive, I lean towards letting him best choose who he thinks can move us forward into that hard core, aggressive, and thrilling land that is the future of the NFL offense.

Of course, check back in a year and to see how I feel then : ).

aberdien
01-11-2019, 06:09 PM
King jizzed himself upon hearing this news.

Poet
01-11-2019, 06:12 PM
Elway going with my plan B, going with my thoughts on offense, ditching Kubiak...this organization is finally making sense again! This is the best day of my Denver fandom! OoOOOoOooOOoOooOoOOooooOoh yes!

aberdien
01-11-2019, 06:13 PM
I am happy that Fangio will have more stable control over the show he's running. I was worried Kubiak's presence would lessen the extent to which it was Vic's team.

I am excited even if this whole experiment ends up being a failure in a few years.

GEM
01-11-2019, 06:13 PM
Yes!

I respect Kube's history with the organization but he is milk toast, at best. Talk that his adherence to the Shanahan tree means that he is not that far behind the current trend of aggressive/ college style offenses (because McVay is a S. disciple) falls waaaaay short when held to water. I will leave further criticism of Kubes behind to focus on how glad I am to see that we are actually moving into a new era as Broncos fans. The Godfather is legit. His HC credentials are in question but I love what I have seen thus far. As a defensive guru that has had to adjust to the modern NFL offense to succeed and thrive, I lean towards letting him best choose who he thinks can move us forward into that hard core, aggressive, and thrilling land that is the future of the NFL offense.

Of course, check back in a year and to see how I feel then : ).

milquetoast.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-11-2019, 06:14 PM
Mike Klis
2m2 minutes ago

Confirming Broncos are interviewing 49ers QB coach Rich Scangarello, who appears to be their preferred choice as offensive coordinator. But until a deal is done. #9sports

Poet
01-11-2019, 06:14 PM
I'm going to go take a nap now.

Love you all.

aberdien
01-11-2019, 06:16 PM
milquetoast.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2d/Milk_toast.jpg/1200px-Milk_toast.jpg

BeefStew25
01-11-2019, 06:16 PM
Elway going with my plan B, going with my thoughts on offense, ditching Kubiak...this organization is finally making sense again! This is the best day of my Denver fandom! OoOOOoOooOOoOooOoOOooooOoh yes!

You love Plan B

Ground Control
01-11-2019, 06:20 PM
I've railed against Elway a few times on this site. I hope I also showed respect for his positive accomplishments. Having said that, If Elway is truly behind this move, I give him huge respect! His own survival is obviously a major factor but it's still incredibly hard to say no to a long time friend and someone that 'might' be a fit for the OC. If it's true, Elwat has made a massive move for the D and the team, while saying he is actually open to the team finally catching up to the rest of the league as apposed to the last 2 seasons where I can find quotes where he claimed he wanted the same thing when hiring McCoy and Musgrave as OCs.

We know how that worked out.

Anyway, I know I would have gotten behind Kubes as OC. I would have convinced myself that he actually could POTENTIALLY adapt and succeed. Just like I backed Siemian in '17 after seeing that his stats weren't THAT bad. Just like I swallowed the Keenum pill whole after Elway didn't draft a QB in '18. Just like I defended VJ (rightfully, in some respects - because he is definitely not to blame for the Elway disaster that happened on the QB and staff that VJ inherited) until I had to sit and witness 3-4 too many games lost to his idiocy. I could have....

...Luckily, I won't have to. Here's to the future, whatever it brings!

Freyaka
01-11-2019, 06:21 PM
If you wanted an outdated version of what McVey's doing in L.A. then your definition of beauty is...weird.

This is a good mother ******* day, Frey.

A GOOD DAMN DAY!

If we are bringing in shanny Jr's protege then I agree.

Ground Control
01-11-2019, 06:23 PM
milquetoast.

Thanks for the correction. Milquetoast it is!

Poet
01-11-2019, 06:25 PM
You love Plan B

18 year. 18 years. And the end he finds out it wasn't hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis!?!?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-11-2019, 06:29 PM
Mike Klis
10m10 minutes ago

Vic Fangio and Rick Scangarello share the same agent, Richmond Flowers III. Scangarello has good chance of becoming Broncos next offensive coordinator. Flowers once served as coach under Mike/Kyle Shanahan. #9sports

Ground Control
01-11-2019, 06:30 PM
We both know 7 vetoed it, and this seems within the province of a GM. I feel more optimistic about the franchise moving forward than I have in a while even though things are so unsettled and appear uncertain--even though I think Kubiak with his old cronies would have been adequate. It signals the type of singular pursuit of excellence I expect of the organization. Get er done boys.

Maybe both? I can't see The Godafther as being a man that has a wobbly opinion. He could have his own opinions on the matter of O staff that might mirror 7's in some areas. It's not hard to see how stupid it would be to hire Dennison and co. would be, either way.

turftoad
01-11-2019, 06:33 PM
Sounds like Kubes will be gone entirely. Pro Football talk seems they are parting ways.

Tned
01-11-2019, 06:34 PM
Sounds like Kubes will be gone entirely. Pro Football talk seems they are parting ways.

Several of the tweets posted used the term "parting ways."

BeefStew25
01-11-2019, 06:37 PM

Florio is a troll and a steeler fan.

BroncoWave
01-11-2019, 06:40 PM

Florio isn't the only guy saying it. Schefter said "Both sides going in different directions".

BeefStew25
01-11-2019, 06:44 PM
Florio isn't the only guy saying it. Schefter said "Both sides going in different directions".

That’s better.

tomjonesrocks
01-11-2019, 06:50 PM
This is so interesting to me. However this works out it’s a brave decision. For Elway Kubiak represents someone he knows like the back of his hand and had success with. To cave into whatever Kubes’ demands were would have seemed to have been path of least resistance.

It’s a surprising outcome.

BroncoWave
01-11-2019, 06:54 PM
This is so interesting to me. However this works out it’s a brave decision. For Elway Kubiak represents someone he knows like the back of his hand and had success with. To cave into whatever Kubes’ demands were would have seemed to have been path of least resistance.

It’s a surprising outcome.

At the end of the day, Elway wants to win. He's loyal to his guys, but only to a point. He's not gonna let kubes torpedo his legacy as a GM.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-11-2019, 06:55 PM
Adam Schefter

Broncos denied permission to interview 49ers’ quarterbacks coach Rich Scangarello for their offensive coordinator job, per source.

BroncoWave
01-11-2019, 06:57 PM
I thought teams weren't allowed to deny interview permission for a promotion? Also, eff you Lynch. That's a great way to get good coaches not to want to go there.

Ground Control
01-11-2019, 06:59 PM

Plus, an idiot.

Doesn't mean that what he reports is false. Just that his opinions are worthless.

Bronco4ever
01-11-2019, 06:59 PM
I thought teams weren't allowed to deny interview permission for a promotion? Also, eff you Lynch. That's a great way to get good coaches not to want to go there.

Didn't the Bengal deny us interviewing Vance for our DC position in 2015?

aberdien
01-11-2019, 07:01 PM
Adam Schefter

Broncos denied permission to interview 49ers’ quarterbacks coach Rich Scangarello for their offensive coordinator job, per source.

This makes me sad.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-11-2019, 07:02 PM
From article

The 49ers are within their right to block such a move. NFL teams place coaches within two categories: head coaches and assistants. Only head coaching opportunities given to assistants must be permitted. Assistant to assistant moves can be blocked by NFL teams, even if it is considered to be a promotion.

full article - https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/122781-broncos-interview-49ers-coach-rich-scangarello-offensive-coordinator/

TXBRONC
01-11-2019, 07:09 PM

He's been a part of the last four drafts so I sure wouldn't put the success of last season's draft mainly on Kubiak.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-11-2019, 07:11 PM
Not that we necessarily would...but couldn't we still offer the job sans interview?

MOtorboat
01-11-2019, 07:13 PM
I’m ok with this.

VonDoom
01-11-2019, 07:36 PM

I thought so too but maybe it’s only HC interviews teams can’t block?

Buff
01-11-2019, 07:39 PM
Lame move by John Lynch - although I suppose its probably more driven by Kyle Shanahan...

Nevertheless - Elway didn't block them from interviewing and poaching Adam Peters from our front office when Lynch got hired.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/1/31/14459778/49ers-hire-adam-peters-vp-of-player-personnel-john-lynch-front-office

Poet
01-11-2019, 07:41 PM
Lynch is a garbage can. Midget overrated safety. Get shingles biatch.

Hawgdriver
01-11-2019, 07:42 PM
Lame move by John Lynch - although I suppose its probably more driven by Kyle Shanahan...

Nevertheless - Elway didn't block them from interviewing and poaching Adam Peters from our front office when Lynch got hired.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/1/31/14459778/49ers-hire-adam-peters-vp-of-player-personnel-john-lynch-front-office

Nemesis recalibrating. (imagine this spoken in a female voice navigation tone)

Cugel
01-11-2019, 07:50 PM
I've railed against Elway a few times on this site. I hope I also showed respect for his positive accomplishments. Having said that, If Elway is truly behind this move, I give him huge respect! His own survival is obviously a major factor but it's still incredibly hard to say no to a long time friend and someone that 'might' be a fit for the OC. If it's true, Elwat has made a massive move for the D and the team, while saying he is actually open to the team finally catching up to the rest of the league as apposed to the last 2 seasons where I can find quotes where he claimed he wanted the same thing when hiring McCoy and Musgrave as OCs.

We know how that worked out.

Anyway, I know I would have gotten behind Kubes as OC. I would have convinced myself that he actually could POTENTIALLY adapt and succeed. Just like I backed Siemian in '17 after seeing that his stats weren't THAT bad. Just like I swallowed the Keenum pill whole after Elway didn't draft a QB in '18. Just like I defended VJ (rightfully, in some respects - because he is definitely not to blame for the Elway disaster that happened on the QB and staff that VJ inherited) until I had to sit and witness 3-4 too many games lost to his idiocy. I could have....

...Luckily, I won't have to. Here's to the future, whatever it brings!

This is 100% true. We still remember the ill fated career of Rick Dennison. EVERYBODY wanted him fired, but Kubiak is insanely loyal to "his coaches" and there was friction with Elway over the desire to fire him. That was a big part of Kubiak's leaving the Broncos.

It wasn't all his health - as you can see from his intended return to the sidelines. He's not so disabled that he can't coach at all. There were serious rifts between him and Elway over the firing of "his" sucky coaches who desperately needed to be fired due to intense SUCKAGE. And leader of that list was of course our Rick Dennison.

Under no terms would Elway let that turd back in the building. And Kubiak now has refused to serve under those terms - without "his coaches." Including those who Elway fired just two years ago, and doesn't want back. At all.

So, conflict.

VonDoom
01-11-2019, 07:59 PM
Not sure if it was mentioned here but per Klis, we were interested in Zac Taylor as OC before he took the Bengals HC job.

Buff
01-11-2019, 08:01 PM
It does seem like there is more to come out about Kubiak - did Fangio not want to promote his son? Did Elway not want to bring back Rico? Some combination of the two? It seems like it was probably not based on scheme or philosophy.

https://twitter.com/markschlereth/status/1083886926812176384

Cugel
01-11-2019, 08:08 PM
Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post

Teams can block anybody from interviewing for any job with another team as long as they are under contract. Unless they are interviewing for a head coaching vacancy. By league rules. They have that right.

The Broncos denied other teams the right to interview Kubiak for an offensive coordinator job in Miami.

It's common for teams to do that. Some might let one of their assistants go interview, but they certainly don't have to. They can say "Son, you are under contract to us for the next 2 years and it will be inconvenient as hell to replace you, so unless you get a chance at being a HEAD coach you ain't going NOWHERE. Request denied!" :coffee:

Poet
01-11-2019, 08:18 PM
It does seem like there is more to come out about Kubiak - did Fangio not want to promote his son? Did Elway not want to bring back Rico? Some combination of the two? It seems like it was probably not based on scheme or philosophy.

https://twitter.com/markschlereth/status/1083886926812176384

Stink isn't taking into account the issues with rehiring Dennison and company. He also isn't factoring in that other offenses, under the Shanahan tree, have been more flexible with the scheme.

Buff
01-11-2019, 08:19 PM
I'm really ******* annoyed with John Lynch right now.

Last week, on Lynch’s second full day on the job, he hired Denver director of college scouting Adam Peters as his vice president of player personnel. Elway acknowledged he probably wouldn’t have allowed Peters out of his contract to join any other team besides the 49ers.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/49ers/article/John-Elway-helping-John-Lynch-succeed-as-49ers-10924688.php

Jsteve01
01-11-2019, 08:21 PM

Didn't the Bengal deny us interviewing Vance for our DC position in 2015?

Yep that's why I have said for years that even before Wade Phillips and Gary Kubiak and John Elway we have Mike Brown two things for our Super Bowl victory in 2015. Because I think we can all agree that if Vance Joseph had headed up that defense we would not have won the freaking Super Bowl.

Poet
I'm really ******* annoyed with John Lynch right now.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/49ers/article/John-Elway-helping-John-Lynch-succeed-as-49ers-10924688.php

This is what happens when the sixth best player on an all-time great defense starts to power trip.

Buff
Stink isn't taking into account the issues with rehiring Dennison and company. He also isn't factoring in that other offenses, under the Shanahan tree, have been more flexible with the scheme.

I think that's actually exactly what he's alluding to. He's saying that it obviously wasn't a philosophy thing - it was likely a personality thing - if I'm reading between the lines correctly...

Otherwise why go interview someone who is going to run a Kubiak-style offense?

aberdien
I hope Lynch never makes it to the HOF.

Poet
01-11-2019, 08:24 PM
I think that's actually exactly what he's alluding to. He's saying that it obviously wasn't a philosophy thing - it was likely a personality thing - if I'm reading between the lines correctly...

Otherwise why go interview someone who is going to run a Kubiak-style offense?

It is a philosophy thing if one guy wants changes or alterations to a scheme and the other says categorically, no.

Look at the Rams - they run something similar, but they have made changes to the offense regarding amount of running the ball, and the size of the offensive lineman, and player pre-snap movement. It's the same offense but, you could call it updated. Kubiak was calling in Denver what he was calling year one and two in Houston. Kind of like how a Capers 3-4 and LeBeau 3-4 were both 34 defenses but with differences.

That's what I'm getting at. Kubiak never seemed to want to make any change.

Poet
01-11-2019, 08:25 PM

He shouldn't. He was less important to that defense than the second defensive tackle...

BeefStew25
01-11-2019, 08:39 PM
He shouldn't. He was less important to that defense than the second defensive tackle...

Let’s pile on.

He’s the weakest member of the ring of Fire.

Poet
01-11-2019, 08:40 PM
Let’s pile on.

He’s the weakest member of the ring of Fire.

He thinks LBJ is better than Jordan.

Nomad
01-11-2019, 08:40 PM

You’re better than this, Abe.

BeefStew25
01-11-2019, 08:42 PM

I ride with Abe.

Buff
01-11-2019, 08:42 PM

It's a joke. We're just venting in here. We obviously love Lynch, but wtf?

BeefStew25
01-11-2019, 08:43 PM
Lynch in the ring of fame and Al Wilson isn’t. Total BS.

aberdien
01-11-2019, 08:45 PM

This is war nomad!!!

Poet
01-11-2019, 08:47 PM
Didn't he quit here and then go out for the Patriots?

BeefStew25
01-11-2019, 09:05 PM
Didn't he quit here and then go out for the Patriots?

Who

Jsteve01
01-11-2019, 09:10 PM
Lynch in the ring of fame and Al Wilson isn’t. Total BS. Amen! Preach brother beef. Total dogshit. Al Wilson in the way we treated him after convincing him he was still healthy enough to play and ruining his neck to me is the biggest blot on this franchise is great history.

Poet
01-11-2019, 09:11 PM
Who

Lynch.

Nomad
01-11-2019, 09:19 PM
Lynch in the ring of fame and Al Wilson isn’t. Total BS.

This is true.

BeefStew25
01-11-2019, 09:25 PM
Lynch.

Your posts the last couple days were mature and concise and then you post this crap.

Nomad
01-11-2019, 09:28 PM
It's a joke. We're just venting in here. We obviously love Lynch, but wtf?

So....you're thinking GM Lynch is sticking it to the Broncos rather than making a decision that makes his team better? What if there's issues with Jimmy G's and the 2nd string QB's recovery, and he still needs his QB Coach for Mullen?

Poet
01-11-2019, 09:29 PM
Your posts the last couple days were mature and concise and then you post this crap.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d80a001e4/printable/lynch-getting-acclimated-to-life-with-patriots

Buff
01-11-2019, 09:31 PM
So....you're thinking GM Lynch is sticking it to the Broncos rather than making a decision that makes his team better? What if there's issues with Jimmy G's and the 2nd string QB's recovery, and he still needs his QB Coach for Mullen?

1.) Take your rationality elsewhere. ;)
2.) While we are not "owed" a professional courtesy by Lynch - Elway extended him one in allowing him to poach our front office member under contract when he was hired... As Elway said, he probably wouldn't have released him to any other team. It seems Lynch wants to play hardball.

BeefStew25
01-11-2019, 09:32 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d80a001e4/printable/lynch-getting-acclimated-to-life-with-patriots

Poet
01-11-2019, 09:34 PM
All I did was ask because I do recall people being pissed he left here for Denver. I'm not trying to be Jordan, Beef. But I could be a Horace Grant, dammit.

Ground Control
01-11-2019, 09:35 PM
This is 100% true. We still remember the ill fated career of Rick Dennison. EVERYBODY wanted him fired, but Kubiak is insanely loyal to "his coaches" and there was friction with Elway over the desire to fire him. That was a big part of Kubiak's leaving the Broncos.

It wasn't all his health - as you can see from his intended return to the sidelines. He's not so disabled that he can't coach at all. There were serious rifts between him and Elway over the firing of "his" sucky coaches who desperately needed to be fired due to intense SUCKAGE. And leader of that list was of course our Rick Dennison.

Under no terms would Elway let that turd back in the building. And Kubiak now has refused to serve under those terms - without "his coaches." Including those who Elway fired just two years ago, and doesn't want back. At all.

So, conflict.

So, progress. Right?

Kubes is gone and at least we won't have to endure that particular circular purgatory. Right now, I could care less about W-L in 2019 as much as I am relived to know it will not be another year of clinging onto Elway's choices at all costs (having said that, I'll care every Sunday about the win). He's chosen and is choosing...to get guys that are better than and are outside of his limits. Maybe that's not the best way to say things but I'm really excited again for next year. The Broncos of '14 and '15 got me into D as a fan. I was really excited for '18 because of Chubb but the coaching burst my bubble almost immediately. Now, we not only have one of the top defensive minds to make us squirm in expectation on every defensive down but we will definitely NOT have to deal with incompetence again. At least as far as I can tell from everything I've heard of and from The Godfather.

Conflict already happened. Now we have expectation. Progress in all the things I mentioned but otherwise, expectation. Exciting!

BeefStew25
01-11-2019, 09:36 PM
All I did was ask because I do recall people being pissed he left here for Denver. I'm not trying to be Jordan, Beef. But I could be a Horace Grant, dammit.

We cut him.

Nomad
01-11-2019, 09:38 PM
1.) Take your rationality elsewhere. ;)
2.) While we are not "owed" a professional courtesy by Lynch - Elway extended him one in allowing him to poach our front office member under contract when he was hired... As Elway said, he probably wouldn't have released him to any other team. It seems Lynch wants to play hardball.

Fair enough. You think Kyle Shanahan has part in this.....playing hardball?

Buff
01-11-2019, 09:41 PM
Fair enough. You think Kyle Shanahan has part in this.....playing hardball?

Oh for sure - he is probably the main culprit here blocking the move... But Lynch has final say, and it'd be nice to see him do Elway a solid after all Elway has done for him.

BeefStew25
01-11-2019, 09:43 PM
Oh for sure - he is probably the main culprit here blocking the move... But Lynch has final say, and it'd be nice to see him do Elway a solid after all Elway has done for him.

Blocking promotions is gay as aids.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-11-2019, 09:50 PM
from article -

Scangarello appears to be an important part of Kyle Shanahan’s staff with the 49ers. Scangarello coached under Shanahan when the two coaches were with the Atlanta Falcons in 2015 and he followed Shannahan to the 49ers in 2017.

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/11/san-francisco-49ers-block-denver-broncos-from-interviewing-rich-scangarello/

BroncoWave
01-11-2019, 09:59 PM
Blocking promotions is gay as aids.

It will come back around to bite them.

Dapper Dan
01-12-2019, 04:19 AM
Why do we hate John Lynch?

MOtorboat
01-12-2019, 04:23 AM

Elway did him a solid last year and Lynch didn’t return the favor this year.

Valar Morghulis
01-12-2019, 04:23 AM

He blocked a move for one of his coaches

GEM
01-12-2019, 10:12 AM
Irks me that he's in the ring of fame before guys like Wilson (mentioned before) and McCaffrey. Moreso McCaffrey because Easy Ed was on the SB teams, laid his body out for the team and was a great player for us. Lynch came in for a few short years and did some losing playoff runs. Ed is a Bronco, Lynch is a Buc.

Dapper Dan
01-12-2019, 10:15 AM
He blocked a move for one of his coaches

Kinda like how we blocked teams from Kubiak and then decided we didn’t want him anyway?

GEM
01-12-2019, 10:17 AM
Kinda like how we blocked teams from Kubiak and then decided we didn’t want him anyway?

Those teams didn't do us any solids that the GM said he wouldn't have done for anyone else.

Dapper Dan
01-12-2019, 10:19 AM
I think we’re overreacting. But it’s the off-season. So what are you gonna do.

Nomad
01-12-2019, 10:22 AM
Elway did him a solid last year and Lynch didn’t return the favor this year.

Those teams didn't do us any solids that the GM said he wouldn't have done for anyone else.

Refresh my memory what Elway did for Lynch. I don't remember.

Nomad
01-12-2019, 10:23 AM
Irks me that he's in the ring of fame before guys like Wilson (mentioned before) and McCaffrey. Moreso McCaffrey because Easy Ed was on the SB teams, laid his body out for the team and was a great player for us. Lynch came in for a few short years and did some losing playoff runs. Ed is a Bronco, Lynch is a Buc.

I agree with this.

GEM
01-12-2019, 10:24 AM
Refresh my memory what Elway did for Lynch. I don't remember.

He let Lynch have one of our front office guys. Said he wouldn't have allowed for anyone but lynch.

Valar Morghulis
01-12-2019, 10:42 AM
I will give you anything you want, as long as it's something I am prepared to give

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2019, 11:02 AM
from article -

Although Kubiak will not be on Fangio's staff because of differing ideas about the team's potential offensive philosophy and staffing, sources said, the possibility remained Friday that Kubiak could still be part of the Broncos' personnel department.

It was unclear, however, what would happen if another team pursued Kubiak with a coaching opportunity.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25738153/gary-kubiak-vic-fangio-coaching-staff-denver-broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2019, 11:08 AM
Troy Renck
11h11 hours ago

UPDATE: #Broncos continue to push to land Mike Munchak to coach Oline. Would be huge get. And told they haven't given up on getting permission to talk to San Francisco 49ers quarterback coach Rich Scangarello regarding the team's offensive coordinator position. #Denver7

tomjonesrocks
01-12-2019, 11:11 AM
from article -

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25738153/gary-kubiak-vic-fangio-coaching-staff-denver-broncos

Read this AM Jacksonville is highly interested in Kubiak and Flacco as well.

Perfect situation for Kubiak.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2019, 11:40 AM
Adam Schefter
1h1 hour ago

Former Broncos' HC Gary Kubiak still has an interest in being an offensive coordinator, it just won't happen in Denver. One team interested in bringing in Kubiak is Jacksonville, per sources, but there is plenty of interest in the man who was expected to become the Broncos' OC.

tomjonesrocks
01-12-2019, 11:42 AM
He gone

Nomad
01-12-2019, 11:45 AM
I wish Kubiak, good luck & good health, if he decides to go to another team.

Nomad
01-12-2019, 11:46 AM
Adam Schefter
1h1 hour ago

Former Broncos' HC Gary Kubiak still has an interest in being an offensive coordinator, it just won't happen in Denver. One team interested in bringing in Kubiak is Jacksonville, per sources, but there is plenty of interest in the man who was expected to become the Broncos' OC.

Too bad Fournette is a shell of what he use to be at LSU.

Northman
01-12-2019, 11:56 AM

Kind of reminds me of Montee Ball, just too much abuse in college and by the time he got to the pro's he didnt have much left in the tank. I think the same thing is going to happen to Johnson in Detroit.

tomjonesrocks
01-12-2019, 12:30 PM

I don’t know if the talent is gone but Fournette is definitely soft when it comes to playing hurt.

Yeldon was productive subbing for him though...

BeefStew25
01-12-2019, 12:32 PM
Kind of reminds me of Montee Ball, just too much abuse in college and by the time he got to the pro's he didnt have much left in the tank. I think the same thing is going to happen to Johnson in Detroit.

Drinking before practice didn’t help.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2019, 12:40 PM
Looks like SF might have had to fill a lot of coaching spots, so maybe they figured the best thing was to say no to any team wanting to interview one of their coaches. Would not have gone over well with other teams if they would have said yes to the Broncos, and no to the other teams.

Adam Schefter
1h1 hour ago

Packers and HC Matt LaFleur were denied permission to interview/hire younger brother, Mike LaFleur, the 49ers’ WR/passing-game specialist. 49ers told Packers, Browns and Vikings no on talking to Mike LaFleur. Also rejected interview requests on Mike McDaniel and Rich Scangarello.

Northman
01-12-2019, 01:02 PM
Drinking before practice didn’t help.

True dat

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2019, 02:37 PM
Nicki Jhabvala
3h3 hours ago

Nicki Jhabvala Retweeted Adam Schefter

I’m told things ended amicably between Kubiak and the Broncos, so I can’t see them standing in the way if he wants to be an OC elsewhere.

Shazam!
01-12-2019, 02:38 PM
Nicki Jhabvala
3h3 hours ago

Nicki Jhabvala Retweeted Adam Schefter

I’m told things ended amicably between Kubiak and the Broncos, so I can’t see them standing in the way if he wants to be an OC elsewhere.

So hes out of the organization period?

Poet
01-12-2019, 02:39 PM
So hes out of the organization period?

Thank god.

Dapper Dan
01-12-2019, 03:06 PM
The drama continues.

chazoe60
01-12-2019, 06:41 PM
Let's draft Haskins and hire Urb to be our OC.

Poet
01-12-2019, 06:43 PM
Let's draft Haskins and hire Urb to be our OC.

Urb...no....please nooooo...Chazoe...it would break my heart.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-12-2019, 06:46 PM
I would no longer be a Bronco fan until he was gone.

Not being a diva. He is just the biggest POS in sports IMO and my morals couldn't let me root for him. I can overlook a lot. But not that. Much like Schiano to the Vols last year. I'd have been a temporary Purdue fan

Poet
01-12-2019, 06:48 PM
What did Schiano do?

SmilinAssasSin27
01-12-2019, 06:52 PM
Involved in Sandusky situation. Not a participant...just an "ignorer". Don't you remember the outcry last year when UT hired him for a day and the student body protested and forced the university to change their minds?

Valar Morghulis
01-12-2019, 06:52 PM
What did Schiano do?

Saw Sandusky bum a kid in the shower allegedly

SmilinAssasSin27
01-12-2019, 06:57 PM

Poet
01-12-2019, 07:11 PM
OH god. Oh ******* god.

Oh god.

Your point is well taken. Christ.

Poet
01-12-2019, 07:11 PM
OH god. Oh ******* god.

Oh god.

Your point is well taken. Christ.

Freyaka
01-13-2019, 11:30 PM
Just to update. The niners blocked us to begin with, but we are now interviewing Rich Scangarello. It's very likely he'll end up our OC at this point. You don't put this kind of effort into getting an interview with a guy that you aren't highly interested in.

https://milehighsports.com/report-previously-blocked-broncos-will-interview-rich-scangarello-for-oc/

aberdien
01-13-2019, 11:45 PM
Involved in Sandusky situation. Not a participant...just an "ignorer". Don't you remember the outcry last year when UT hired him for a day and the student body protested and forced the university to change their minds?

No wonder the Patriots are looking at hiring him!

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2815448-report-brian-flores-to-be-dolphins-hc-greg-schiano-could-be-next-patriots-dc

Dapper Dan
01-14-2019, 05:15 AM
Just to update. The niners blocked us to begin with, but we are now interviewing Rich Scangarello. It's very likely he'll end up our OC at this point. You don't put this kind of effort into getting an interview with a guy that you aren't highly interested in.

https://milehighsports.com/report-previously-blocked-broncos-will-interview-rich-scangarello-for-oc/

But it what about the Lynchmob?

Dapper Dan
01-14-2019, 05:18 AM
No wonder the Patriots are looking at hiring him!

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2815448-report-brian-flores-to-be-dolphins-hc-greg-schiano-could-be-next-patriots-dc

From the article:

Schiano and Patriots head coach Bill Belichick have also "long had a close professional relationship," per Nihal Kolur (https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/11/27/bill-belichick-greg-schiano-hiring-comments) of SI.com, with Belichick telling Albert Breer (https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/935170573801590784) of The MMQB in 2017 that he holds "the utmost respect" for Schiano.

Shazam!
01-14-2019, 07:23 AM
Does he favor staff that their last names end in a vowel? Will his DC be a paisan too?

BroncoWave
01-14-2019, 07:46 AM

He probably came to his senses and realized that blocking coaches from promotions would make future coaches less likely to want to go there.

GEM
01-14-2019, 08:18 AM
Does he favor staff that their last names end in a vowel? Will his DC be a paisan too?

The Don is assembling the famiglia.

TXBRONC
01-14-2019, 08:35 AM
The Don is assembling the famiglia.

He makes deals that people can't refuse.

Hawgdriver
01-14-2019, 10:37 AM
"Pariani, he's good people. This Dennison though, can we truss him?"

TXBRONC
01-14-2019, 10:43 AM

Dennison is good people, but being good people doesn't make one a talented coordinator.

GEM
01-14-2019, 10:56 AM

Dennison got the 1 cheek kiss of death.

TXBRONC
01-14-2019, 11:16 AM

Maybe it differs from Don to Don but I got a hunch Fangio's kiss of death is more like right on the mouf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsA1bDj48D0

VonDoom
01-14-2019, 02:25 PM
https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1084889756939345921?s=21]

tripp
01-14-2019, 02:26 PM
Kubiak's offense was so frustrating to watch. Rick Dennison wouldn't have half the jobs he had in the NFL without Kubiak. Thank god he's not here.

GEM
01-14-2019, 02:27 PM
https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1084889756939345921?s=21]

Elway called Lynch and said...Really? Realllllly?

Lynch said, Ok sir.

GEM
01-14-2019, 02:28 PM
Maybe it differs from Don to Don but I got a hunch Fangio's kiss of death is more like right on the mouf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsA1bDj48D0

I bet he keeps quikrete in his office.

Dapper Dan
01-14-2019, 02:32 PM
Elway called Lynch and said...Really? Realllllly?

Lynch said, Ok sir.

How is do you know he doesn’t read the forum and you changed his mind?

GEM
01-14-2019, 02:38 PM
how is do you know he doesn’t read the forum and you changed his mind?

:lol:

Cugel
01-14-2019, 02:39 PM

More like this kiss of death:

"I know it was you Rico! You're taking a little trip!"

TXBRONC
01-14-2019, 02:44 PM
Kubiak's offense was so frustrating to watch. Rick Dennison wouldn't have half the jobs he had in the NFL without Kubiak. Thank god he's not here.

Shanahan brought him to Denver as a coach.

Hawgdriver
01-14-2019, 02:53 PM
Dennison is good people, but being good people doesn't make one a talented coordinator.

Hey, the dude was part of a Broncos Superbowl victory, right? Hell yeah he's good people and has all my love.

But his last name is so un-Sicilian!

dogfish
01-14-2019, 02:54 PM
maybe a little less bourbon for breakfast, dapper. . . :laugh:

BroncoWave
01-14-2019, 03:00 PM
maybe a little less bourbon for breakfast, dapper. . . :laugh:

Hey, don't shame his life choices!

tripp
01-14-2019, 03:03 PM
Shanahan brought him to Denver as a coach.

Then he came back here with Kubiak right? Didn't he go to Baltimore because of Kub as well?

TXBRONC
01-14-2019, 03:04 PM
Hey, the dude was part of a Broncos Superbowl victory, right? Hell yeah he's good people and has all my love.

But his last name is so un-Sicilian!

Even his last name was Marino he would still end up sleeping with fish.

Dapper Dan
01-14-2019, 07:01 PM
How do you know he doesn’t read the forum and you changed his mind?

I accidently added 1 word. Cmon, fams. I blame iPhone.

Dapper Dan
01-14-2019, 07:02 PM

Also, I’m pissed that y’all don’t appreciate this pun.

Buff
01-14-2019, 09:59 PM
Now that Kubiak is on the Vikings staff - can we finally all agree that he obviously didn't quit just due to health reasons?

I got killed repeatedly for suggesting that there was some sort of a rift/disagreement/difference in philosophy between him and Elway - but it was obvious at the time and its even more apparent now. They can still be boys and maintain a healthy respect for one another and thats never been in question -- but his exit presser was bizarre and this whole saga has been a little odd for a coach who won a Super Bowl less than 3 years ago.

Now we know that it was mostly about the assistants - but by extension, it's kind of about philosophy too since the two are intertwined.

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1084998734302240770

Buff
01-14-2019, 10:04 PM
Well Im taking a victory lap regardless - you guys can't stop me.

Poet
01-14-2019, 10:09 PM
You were right.

You were always right. He had health issues in the past and it made an easy thing to point to. Plausible deniability, arguably.

underrated29
01-14-2019, 10:09 PM
*lumberg voice*

Hmmmmm......Yeaaaaaaaa........Ima go ahead and Disagree with you there.

Poet
01-14-2019, 10:12 PM
Nothing has sealed Buff's correctness like UR.

underrated29
01-14-2019, 10:16 PM
Nothing has sealed Buff's correctness like UR.

Do you have a meeting scheduled with the bobs? Does Buff?

BroncoWave
01-14-2019, 10:18 PM
Well Im taking a victory lap regardless - you guys can't stop me.

So kubes played the long con well passing out on the sidelines in Houston huh?

Buff
01-14-2019, 10:24 PM
So kubes played the long con well passing out on the sidelines in Houston huh?

No he obviously has health problems - but if it was JUST health issues he'd still be head coach. It was health issues + a dated offense and an unwillingness to bring in new assistants who would provide new perspectives... Dig up his exit press conference and go back and find all the weird comments he made about wanting to do it his way or not at all, not ruling out a return to coaching, etc.

Now we know that the assistants were dealbreakers.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2019, 11:08 PM
Minnesota Vikings
‏Verified account @Vikings

Official titles for today’s #Vikings hires

Gary Kubiak - Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Advisor

Klint Kubiak - Quarterbacks Coach

Brian Pariani - Tight Ends Coach

Mike Klis
2h2 hours ago

Mike Klis Retweeted Minnesota Vikings

Expect Rick Dennison to join this list. Another Kubiak dealbreaker with Broncos was he also insisted on Rick Dennison to coordinate his O-line concepts, per sources. Broncos like Dennison, but could not pass up opportunity to get Mike Munchak. Kubiak balked. #9sports

Mike Klis
2h2 hours ago

A major reason for breakup between Gary Kubiak and Broncos was his insistence he needed Pariani to help install his offense, sources told 9News. Pariani had been fired by Broncos after 2016. Pariani was dealbreaker for Broncos coaches/FB operations/potentially players. #9sports

Davii
01-15-2019, 08:43 AM
Minnesota Vikings
‏Verified account @Vikings

Official titles for today’s #Vikings hires

Gary Kubiak - Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Advisor

Klint Kubiak - Quarterbacks Coach

Brian Pariani - Tight Ends Coach

Mike Klis
2h2 hours ago

Expect Rick Dennison to join this list. Another Kubiak dealbreaker with Broncos was he also insisted on Rick Dennison to coordinate his O-line concepts, per sources. Broncos like Dennison, but could not pass up opportunity to get Mike Munchak. Kubiak balked. #9sports

Mike Klis
2h2 hours ago

A major reason for breakup between Gary Kubiak and Broncos was his insistence he needed Pariani to help install his offense, sources told 9News. Pariani had been fired by Broncos after 2016. Pariani was dealbreaker for Broncos coaches/FB operations/potentially players. #9sports

Makes sense to me. You can't bring the exact same tired concepts. Gary supposedly had evolved the system, etc... it doesn't seem like it with the requested people.

I guess we'll see what Minny does!

Freyaka
01-15-2019, 08:53 AM
Now that Kubiak is on the Vikings staff - can we finally all agree that he obviously didn't quit just due to health reasons?

I got killed repeatedly for suggesting that there was some sort of a rift/disagreement/difference in philosophy between him and Elway - but it was obvious at the time and its even more apparent now. They can still be boys and maintain a healthy respect for one another and thats never been in question -- but his exit presser was bizarre and this whole saga has been a little odd for a coach who won a Super Bowl less than 3 years ago.

Now we know that it was mostly about the assistants - but by extension, it's kind of about philosophy too since the two are intertwined.

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1084998734302240770

I think there is now some truth to it... Seeing Kubiak basically abandon ship just to get Dennison hired....It seems like he'd be just as willing to quit over Dennison being fired before.

Freyaka
01-15-2019, 08:55 AM
Makes sense to me. You can't bring the exact same tired concepts. Gary supposedly had evolved the system, etc... it doesn't seem like it with the requested people.

I guess we'll see what Minny does!

Minny should actually be really good next year. Cousins is another Jake Plummer-esque QB that could benefit from Kubiak's flavor of west coast offense.

Davii
01-15-2019, 09:01 AM
Minny should actually be really good next year. Cousins is another Jake Plummer-esque QB that could benefit from Kubiak's flavor of west coast offense.

Maybe. What I was trying to get at though is we should clearly see whether he has evolved his concepts, route trees, e.t.c. or if everything remains the same.

Freyaka
01-15-2019, 09:29 AM
Maybe. What I was trying to get at though is we should clearly see whether he has evolved his concepts, route trees, e.t.c. or if everything remains the same.

I don't think his offense was as "stale" and "out of touch" as some around here think it is anyway...

People love to go over the top with hyperbole around these parts.

BeefStew25
01-15-2019, 09:58 AM
I don't think his offense was as "stale" and "out of touch" as some around here think it is anyway...

He also was generally dealing with subpar talent.

BroncoWave
01-15-2019, 10:11 AM

He'll probably do fine in Minnesota, but this organization needed new ideas in the building IMO. We fired Pariani and Dennison for a reason. I think it's reasonable not to want to bring them back just two years later. I think this move will wind up being best for both sides.

GEM
01-15-2019, 10:23 AM
Munchak vs. Dennison....thanks for choosing correctly Elway! :salute:

Freyaka
01-15-2019, 10:32 AM
He'll probably do fine in Minnesota, but this organization needed new ideas in the building IMO. We fired Pariani and Dennison for a reason. I think it's reasonable not to want to bring them back just two years later. I think this move will wind up being best for both sides.

I do agree on the part for Pariani and Dennison. Had Kubiak not been so stuborn, I'd have welcomed him back, since he insisted on being stubborn, have fun in Minny. I'm excited about the direction we're going at this point, I just think the "kubiak is stale" agenda got overplayed around here...

Stubborn as hell, yes, stale, I don't think so.

Davii
01-15-2019, 10:55 AM

Ok, by "people" you mean 3 or 4 different people, right?

Re: Kubiak, I agree.

Dapper Dan
01-15-2019, 11:22 AM

Well when there are like 10 active users then 3 or 4 is a lot in comparison.

VonDoom
01-15-2019, 11:25 AM
https://twitter.com/nickijhabvala/status/1085209356407316483?s=21

https://twitter.com/nickijhabvala/status/1085209450682765315?s=21

Davii
01-15-2019, 12:08 PM
Well when there are like 10 active users then 3 or 4 is a lot in comparison.

More hyperbole! We have ~140 active users. We have a few that dominate every conversation, but we have quite a few more active users. > 25 online right now.

BeefStew25
01-15-2019, 12:15 PM
More hyperbole! We have ~140 active users. We have a few that dominate every conversation, but we have quite a few more active users. > 25 online right now.

24. I have an install! Fist bump

Northman
01-15-2019, 12:17 PM
No he obviously has health problems - but if it was JUST health issues he'd still be head coach. It was health issues + a dated offense and an unwillingness to bring in new assistants who would provide new perspectives... Dig up his exit press conference and go back and find all the weird comments he made about wanting to do it his way or not at all, not ruling out a return to coaching, etc.

Now we know that the assistants were dealbreakers.

I didnt always believe it was all about health either. Just a tad bit to convenient at the time when the offense was struggling for my liking. But i think using the health excuse allowed Kubes to bow out gracefully as HC at the time.

GEM
01-15-2019, 12:23 PM

:laugh: It was mostly me. And I stick by it.

Cugel
01-15-2019, 12:26 PM
I didnt always believe it was all about health either. Just a tad bit to convenient at the time when the offense was struggling for my liking. But i think using the health excuse allowed Kubes to bow out gracefully as HC at the time.

Now that Kubiak is going to MN to oversee their offense he's also taking along Rick Dennison. The Vikings have invested a boat load of money into Kirk Cousins and did not get a great return on investment, so they're bringing in Kubiak to be a QB whisperer.

Maybe that will work. After all the Vikings have a lot of talent, but somehow they couldn't put it all together this year.

But, Denver? We had RICO. He sucked so bad Elway had to fire him. And Kubiak was totally loyal to his assistant coaches and refused to get rid of them. So, he left himself.

Yes, his health was an issue. But, that was just the cover story - as we're seeing right now. The next step will be that he'll be back as a head coach in a year or two, which will prove that it was a lot more than just his health that caused him to quit. A large part of it was Elway wanting to FIRE Rico and Pereira, his assistant coaches.

And "pretty much everybody in the building" wanted them gone - for cause. I.e. sucking.

Dapper Dan
01-15-2019, 12:36 PM

A bunch of creepy lurkers mostly.

Freyaka
01-15-2019, 12:44 PM
A bunch of creepy lurkers mostly.

How dare you talk about Joe that way, after all he's done for you!

Shazam!
01-15-2019, 01:02 PM
Im almost exclusively on the App

Dapper Dan
01-15-2019, 01:06 PM
How dare you talk about Joe that way, after all he's done for you!

Did you know he actually has hair, but it cuts it and donates it to cancer patients?

VonDoom
01-15-2019, 08:07 PM
Donatell officially in at DC:

https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1085339802419965952?s=21

TXBRONC
01-15-2019, 08:33 PM
Glad that's done.

UnderArmour
01-15-2019, 09:04 PM

Well, Vance Joseph was a participant in a reported sexual assault that the victim chose to drop, and possibly an unnamed coach in the CU scandal.

UnderArmour
01-15-2019, 09:05 PM
I don't think Haskins is the guy the Broncos have their eye set on. And there's almost no way the Broncos would trade Arizona to number 1. If Elway is going to ship picks somewhere, it's going to be the 49ers at #2.

I Like TDs
01-15-2019, 09:56 PM
Did Elway and Kubiak break up? :lol:

BroncoWave
01-15-2019, 10:06 PM
Did Elway and Kubiak break up? :lol:

They're just taking a break.

VonDoom
01-15-2019, 10:17 PM
I don't think Haskins is the guy the Broncos have their eye set on. And there's almost no way the Broncos would trade Arizona to number 1. If Elway is going to ship picks somewhere, it's going to be the 49ers at #2.

Reports are that we’re very interested in Lock.

chazoe60
01-15-2019, 10:21 PM

His Completion percentage scares the shit out of me. So sick of inaccurate QBs.

Northman
01-15-2019, 10:26 PM

Good, i would rather take him than Haskins.

VonDoom
01-15-2019, 10:50 PM

Yeah, this is my problem with Jones too. I saw one scouting report that compared Lock to Paxton Lynch, which also concerns me. Said his mental abilities are behind. We’ve been there before!

BroncoWave
01-15-2019, 10:58 PM
Yeah, this is my problem with Jones too. I saw one scouting report that compared Lock to Paxton Lynch, which also concerns me. Said his mental abilities are behind. We’ve been there before!

If that's the case, then hard pass.

Jsteve01
01-16-2019, 12:14 AM

I don't think that's even close. When you look at him transitioning to the pro-style offense this year. And he is said to be a good leader. My concern is that he's always been inaccurate. Like I said before Shanahan always said if a kid was inaccurate in college he wasn't just going to Magically become accurate in the pros

VonDoom
01-16-2019, 08:17 AM
I don't think that's even close. When you look at him transitioning to the pro-style offense this year. And he is said to be a good leader. My concern is that he's always been inaccurate. Like I said before Shanahan always said if a kid was inaccurate in college he wasn't just going to Magically become accurate in the pros

As I say, that was only one guy's opinion - I'm looking for dissent there, because I think we're targeting him and I don't want to kill myself. So you saying that's not close makes me feel better.

I've watched a couple of games of film from Lock and haven't been super impressed but I didn't get a Lynch vibe. My biggest problem with watching him is that most of the passes I've seen have been quick flat routes or swing passes. Hard to evaluate a guy at an NFL level when he's not asked to make a lot of NFL throws. Maybe it's just the games I saw, I don't know. I don't have a scout's eye.

And yes, completion percentage is a concern. This was my major knock on Allen last year - you can't teach accuracy.

To be honest, I've watched a little of all the top QB's this year and I haven't been in love with any of them. I haven't hated them either, I just can't find myself getting excited. We need whoever it is to work out or we're right back where we started.

Northman
01-16-2019, 08:40 AM
If that's the case, then hard pass.

Hmmm, yea i may have to rethink this. Didnt realize his accuracy was that bad. Even Finley and Stidham are way down there. To be somewhat fair to Lock though his QBR was in the 80's but that wont mean it will translate to the pros. But i do wonder how much of it is reliant on the teams they are on. The top 4 most accurate QB's are,

Tua- Bama
Murray- OU
Grier- WVU
Haskins- OSU

Then you have a guy like McKenzie from UCF who is ranked 9th in efficiency.

Meanwhile, a few of the guys i had been watching were much lower on the list,

Lock- 27th
Finley- 26th
Stidham- 52nd
Jones- 66th

Even Herbert is ranked 37th right now although he isnt coming out.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/8

Im still not comfortable with trading up this year though, just too many needs so we may need to take a guy like White at 10 and then gamble on a QB later which was kind of my plan for this year anyway. But i was pretty high on Lock until i saw his accuracy numbers.

Elevation inc
01-16-2019, 08:47 AM
Lock, Thorson and maybe even Stidham are the ones I would like the most from this draft. However Haskins is a wildcard, but dude seems to have tremendous upside. Lock has improved every year, shows maturity and growth consistently and has a full NFL skill set with a very good arm. His accuracy was a bit worrisome prior to this year, but his mechanics were improved yet again this year for the third year in a row and he completed more then 60% of his passes this season. Also I listen to what scouts have to say not some fan of Missouri....Fans are super bias about their own teams players good or bad.....just look at us on this board....Lots of scouts like Lock, Haskins, Jones and Stidham and think all 4 have long term potential. Murray is a huge wildcard as well because of his size. To me the difference this year compared to last year is 2 QB's were ready to start day 1 last year in Mayfield and Darnold, and there were thoughts that if Rosen or Allen had to start day 1, it could go either way...we saw that to hold true. This year I agree with what I have read from talent evaluators that their are a few Qb's with long term potential as franchise Qb's and that they will need some development time. Most scouts feel none of these Qb's are ready day 1 which is why the difference in qb class is suggested. It doesn't mean their isn't talent in this draft, it just means they may need to sit for a year like Mahomes or Rodgers to be ready for their shot.

Freyaka
01-16-2019, 08:50 AM

That was my same complaint with Allen last year....The average college QB has very high completion percentages compared to the NFL. If you can't get a good completion percentage in the lower levels, you are gonna be hella inaccurate in the pros...

Case in point... Josh Allen in college 56.2 career completion percentage. Rookie year in the NFL 52.8. If it's an inaccurate passer we want, well, you know who I'm going to mention, we don't even need to name he who must not be named here... But Tebow...

Freyaka
01-16-2019, 08:54 AM
The one thing I'll say with Lock Vs allen. Allen's percentage stayed at about 56% both years he was the starter. Lock's consistently trended upward. From 49% his first year, 54% second year, 57% third year and 63% his senior year. I still don't want the guy, but his completion percentage is a lot less of an issue to me than Allen's because it's clear he was getting better and growing as a QB from year to year.

Elevation inc
01-16-2019, 08:54 AM
Hmmm, yea i may have to rethink this. Didnt realize his accuracy was that bad. Even Finley and Stidham are way down there. To be somewhat fair to Lock though his QBR was in the 80's but that wont mean it will translate to the pros. But i do wonder how much of it is reliant on the teams they are on. The top 4 most accurate QB's are,

Tua- Bama
Murray- OU
Grier- WVU
Haskins- OSU

Then you have a guy like McKenzie from UCF who is ranked 9th in efficiency.

Meanwhile, a few of the guys i had been watching were much lower on the list,

Lock- 27th
Finley- 26th
Stidham- 52nd
Jones- 66th

Even Herbert is ranked 37th right now although he isnt coming out.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/8

Im still not comfortable with trading up this year though, just too many needs so we may need to take a guy like White at 10 and then gamble on a QB later which was kind of my plan for this year anyway. But i was pretty high on Lock until i saw his accuracy numbers.

Grier and Murray also played in a conference that doesn't play defense.....Its pretty tough not to be accurate when running consistent 5 wide sets usually someone is always open....You also have to look at the talent around Them. I am not scared away from lock the Paxton lynch comparison isn't even close.....Lynch was closer to Allen then Lock, difference there is Allen loves football through and through, lynch likes XBOX more then football.....lol

Northman
01-16-2019, 09:01 AM
Grier and Murray also played in a conference that doesn't play defense.....Its pretty tough not to be accurate when running consistent 5 wide sets usually someone is always open....You also have to look at the talent around Them. I am not scared away from lock the Paxton lynch comparison isn't even close.....Lynch was closer to Allen then Lock, difference there is Allen loves football through and through, lynch likes XBOX more then football.....lol

Fair analysis as its one of the things that scares me about system guys like Murray and Haskins. BUT, while playing the college level is much easier for players because the amount of talent that actually makes it into the NFL is a small percentage if you look at the efficiency ratings for those guys and then compare them to what they would do at the pro level its a pretty accurate gauge of measure. I feel confident in those stats because i remember looking them up when Russell Wilson came out and being shocked that he was rated #1 that year despite being taken in the 3rd round. So those kinds of stats for me hold a lot of water when discussing QB's who are about to enter the NFL. The only thing it doesnt really account for is the other intangibles that the QB's bring to the table. Lamar Jackson's accuracy percentage was very low coming out of college and we have seen him struggle at the pro level yet at the same time his athleticism helped him win ballgames for Bmore this year. I dont think they will be able to maintain that unless he improves his passing efficiency but so far when it comes to the efficiency numbers in that link they have not steered me wrong when looking at each QB and their relative success in the pros.

Elevation inc
01-16-2019, 09:12 AM
The biggest thing for me is the Improvement with Lock.....Also for comparison Mahomes accuracy avg. his 3 years was about 61%, Lock's over 4 years is about 56%....Big hack to that number was lock's freshman year of 49%. However to go from 49% to 63% in college over 4 years with college coaching is good stuff. The common theme that Mahomes and Lock had was that they improved each year. Their final years as a starter in college, Lock had a 63% completion percentage and Mahomes a 65% completion percentage...Their is a reason Lock is considered a rd 1. prospect....The difference between guys like Paxton Lynch, Tebow, Allen is that they never really improved throughout college throwing the ball. That cant be said about Lock...

Elevation inc
01-16-2019, 09:21 AM
Fair analysis as its one of the things that scares me about system guys like Murray and Haskins. BUT, while playing the college level is much easier for players because the amount of talent that actually makes it into the NFL is a small percentage if you look at the efficiency ratings for those guys and then compare them to what they would do at the pro level its a pretty accurate gauge of measure. I feel confident in those stats because i remember looking them up when Russell Wilson came out and being shocked that he was rated #1 that year despite being taken in the 3rd round. So those kinds of stats for me hold a lot of water when discussing QB's who are about to enter the NFL. The only thing it doesnt really account for is the other intangibles that the QB's bring to the table. Lamar Jackson's accuracy percentage was very low coming out of college and we have seen him struggle at the pro level yet at the same time his athleticism helped him win ballgames for Bmore this year. I dont think they will be able to maintain that unless he improves his passing efficiency but so far when it comes to the efficiency numbers in that link they have not steered me wrong when looking at each QB and their relative success in the pros.

I also am with you on efficiency, but their are just so many factors in the college ranks....I'm still on the Lock and Haskins bandwagons.....I am also a huge believer in Thorson (but he needs some development time). I think we could easily find a guy in any draft that with the right coaching can be the guy....

I also wouldn't be shocked to see Elway go after Foles.....

Freyaka
01-16-2019, 10:00 AM
I also am with you on efficiency, but their are just so many factors in the college ranks....I'm still on the Lock and Haskins bandwagons.....I am also a huge believer in Thorson (but he needs some development time). I think we could easily find a guy in any draft that with the right coaching can be the guy....

I also wouldn't be shocked to see Elway go after Foles.....

I think Foles will fit well with the direction we are trying to head (A blend of West Coast and college spread/RPO)

underrated29
01-16-2019, 10:26 AM

Lock is not like lynch.....hes more of a Cutler and flacco.

One thing to consider about him is that he has had a lot of dropped balls. Some of it his fault because he does not throw with enough touch, yet.

Hes only had to scan and read defenses for 1 year. That is concerning but at least he did it. My biggest concern is him throwing behind wr and some short hop balls. To me that says he relies too much on arm and not mechanics. Also shows lack of finesse throws I mentioned.

I still really like him.

dogfish
01-16-2019, 01:48 PM
let the desperate suckers reach for these QBs, while we stock up ammo for next year. . .

:defense:

Buff
01-16-2019, 02:31 PM
let the desperate suckers reach for these QBs, while we stock up ammo for next year. . .

:defense:

:listen: we are the desperate suckers.

BroncoWave
01-16-2019, 02:32 PM

Yeah we're not really in a position to be thumbing our nose up at the QBs in this draft.

dogfish
01-16-2019, 02:34 PM

desperation is only a mindset, homie. . . we got skins on the wall-- we're not the dolphins or cardinals. . .

Buff
01-16-2019, 02:36 PM
desperation is only a mindset, homie. . . we got skins on the wall-- we're not the dolphins or cardinals. . .

You're right - they both have better QB situations than us!

Jsteve01
01-16-2019, 02:39 PM

Yeah we're not really in a position to be thumbing our nose up at the QBs in this draft.

You are if it means trading future draft capital in a desperate move for someone in the top 5. Haskins, Lock, Jones, Grier, theyve all got some pretty big questiin marks. I would feel much better trading multiple picks for Herbert or Tua or Lawrence....now if Murray or Jones is there at 10 or mid first. Lets talk

MOtorboat
01-16-2019, 03:00 PM

I might cry.

Elevation inc
01-16-2019, 03:24 PM

Agreed. This Paxton lynch debacle hurt us, and Kubiak wont be here to baby Keenum next year. I'm gonna hedge my bets in saying our starter next year wont be a rookie we draft in later rds lol. We Need to take a Qb if it make sense. If Elway doesn't feel one makes sense he will trade back he actually moves very well as GM through the draft. The problem was the players he picked for a couple years, but he knows how to maneuver through the draft. If he loves a Qb at 10 he will draft him if not we will probably Take BPA and grab one at some point to try and develop.

Wave not directed at you, but I Also hate the wait till next year mindset like were gonna have a top 5 pick again to get Herbert or Tua.....WTF is that.....Both of them could be hurt next year for all we know, Herbert had a shit year which is why he went back.....you deal with the cards in front of you. If we need a Qb and its what you want for your franchise and their is a guy you like you pull the trigger....he didn't last year because he didn't Want Allen or Rosen....Could be he doesn't like anyone this year or he does.....either way...Lets focus on this year not who might hypothetically be attainable next year.....

Elevation inc
01-16-2019, 03:30 PM

Not so sure about that as far as the players go....I think Tanehill is just as sucky as Keenum.....and Tanehill cant stay healthy either. Rosen showed nothing last year, not even decent glimpses....he is at the back of that entire class right now as a Franchise QB and leader.

I will say however they know their starter next year and we really do not so they are ahead in that aspect for sure, which is def kind of depressing lol

VonDoom
01-16-2019, 03:38 PM

I’d agree on the Cardinals but the Dolphins? Tannehill is not good and they have nothing behind him. I’d say they’re in a similar situation as us, or they’re in denial