01-10-2019, 06:46 PM
Well done. A+ thread!

Poet
01-10-2019, 07:11 PM
This is...a masterpiece.

Tned
01-10-2019, 07:28 PM
Too soon?

Not by much. Might as well get it going, as we'll be ready to lynch him in no time at all.

NightTrainLayne
01-10-2019, 10:48 PM
Damn it, I'm the official "Fire the Coach" thread starter.

Don't go trying to take Sneakers job too. :D

BroncoWave
01-10-2019, 10:49 PM
Damn it, I'm the official "Fire the Coach" thread starter.

Don't go trying to take Sneakers job too. :D

We'll probably want to fire Kubiak as OC soon if you want to get that thread fired up. :D

underrated29
01-10-2019, 11:18 PM
DT doesnt dive

Jsteve01
01-10-2019, 11:20 PM
Too soon?

Youre from commerce city arent u...*******

dogfish
01-11-2019, 01:07 AM
sonofabitch, i knew i should've started this yesterday!

Freyaka
01-11-2019, 09:47 AM
Watch, 4 years from now, someone will search the boards, find this thread and bump it as the official fire him thread.

Cugel
01-11-2019, 10:19 AM
Watch, 4 years from now, someone will search the boards, find this thread and bump it as the official fire him thread.

That's what I was thinking. But that means he will be a successful head coach. Many NFL coaches don't last 4 years.

This is John Elway's last hire though. He has 3 years left on his contract, and if the team is not successful in that time he won't be around after that.

Problem is this team is seriously lacking in talent. I know a lot of you just think that Vance Joseph was the problem and if we could just get a coach with a bit of "Eau de McVay" scent on him we'd be just fine!

B.S. Complete and total B.S. Just watch and see Arizona this season for an object lesson of how going for the "hot innovator" flavor of the month head coach isn't going to prevent a team from sucking if they seriously lack talent.

The Broncos problems go so much deeper than VJs lack of talent and his losing a couple of games due to idiot coaching decisions.

They won 6 games. Belichick might have won 8 or possibly 9 games. Maybe. This team is just not good enough to compete for the division, let alone SB.

And just adding a new QB won't remotely be enough either. They need to rebuild the OL, they need 2 new TEs, they need to revamp the DL, they need some LBs, they desperately need 2 new starting caliber CBs. They're OK at kicker, Punter, WR, RB and OLB. That's about it folks.

Don't kid yourselves. :coffee:

TXBRONC
01-11-2019, 10:26 AM

Four years from now? I I expect to come up again during OTAs, mini camps, camp, and the good Lord of heaven and earth have mercy on our souls should Denver their first preseason game.

Cugel
01-11-2019, 10:33 AM
Four years from now? I I expect to come up again during OTAs, mini camps, camp, and the good Lord of heaven and earth have mercy on our souls should Denver their first preseason game.

Yeah, well some fans are just going to have to grow a pair. John Elway can't afford to fire Fangio. He stays as long as Elway does, unless Elway renews his contract after 3 more years. And for that to happen, Fangio would have to be a success.

TXBRONC
01-11-2019, 10:47 AM
Yeah, well some fans are just going to have to grow a pair. John Elway can't afford to fire Fangio. He stays as long as Elway does, unless Elway renews his contract after 3 more years. And for that to happen, Fangio would have to be a success.

My previous post was tongue in cheek to great degree. I expect that if when any adversity hits or if just some move that folks don't approve comes along we'll hear wailing and the nashing of teeth.

NightTrainLayne
01-11-2019, 11:43 AM
We'll probably want to fire Kubiak as OC soon if you want to get that thread fired up. :D

Kubiak's not ever going to get that treatment. He's our Sacred Cow.

Dapper Dan
01-11-2019, 12:15 PM

Like Elway?

Northman
01-11-2019, 12:21 PM
DT doesnt dive

He did when destroying his achilles on the turf.

NightTrainLayne
01-11-2019, 02:46 PM
Like Elway?

Yes. We have a two or three sacred cows.

BeefStew25
01-11-2019, 03:11 PM

Winning Super Bowls does that.

Dapper Dan
01-11-2019, 04:22 PM

Can Elway be our sacred horse?

Cugel
01-11-2019, 04:29 PM
Can Elway be our sacred horse?

BroncoWave
01-11-2019, 05:07 PM

I called this first. Fired before he ever started. Please credit me.

Ground Control
01-11-2019, 07:04 PM
Too soon?

Damn you!!!

Luckily, The Godfather has a fish head waiting for you, if this thread lasts more than a year.

Otherwise, much respect!

Ground Control
01-11-2019, 07:32 PM
That's what I was thinking. But that means he will be a successful head coach. Many NFL coaches don't last 4 years.

This is John Elway's last hire though. He has 3 years left on his contract, and if the team is not successful in that time he won't be around after that.

Problem is this team is seriously lacking in talent. I know a lot of you just think that Vance Joseph was the problem and if we could just get a coach with a bit of "Eau de McVay" scent on him we'd be just fine!

B.S. Complete and total B.S. Just watch and see Arizona this season for an object lesson of how going for the "hot innovator" flavor of the month head coach isn't going to prevent a team from sucking if they seriously lack talent.

The Broncos problems go so much deeper than VJs lack of talent and his losing a couple of games due to idiot coaching decisions.

They won 6 games. Belichick might have won 8 or possibly 9 games. Maybe. This team is just not good enough to compete for the division, let alone SB.

And just adding a new QB won't remotely be enough either. They need to rebuild the OL, they need 2 new TEs, they need to revamp the DL, they need some LBs, they desperately need 2 new starting caliber CBs. They're OK at kicker, Punter, WR, RB and OLB. That's about it folks.

Agreed to a point. The issue is larger than VJ and he was crippled by the main issue: Elway. We cannot move forward with any alacrity if Elway doesn't move forward as a GM. Using the Arizona example is false in that the Broncos are not the Cardinals. I'm not a mindless homer. We did kick their ass for a reason. As f'ed as the Broncos infrastructure/ ownership is, it is not as bad as the cardinals. We also have solid talent. That means nothing without solid coaching in step with great franchise leadership; hence the Elway factor. My point being: If Elway chooses to wake up, get some balls, and move forward as a GM, the Broncos will naturally move with him. That forward movement will happen as fast as his does, to a certain extent. We won't be in the SB next year if Elway wakes up but we will maybe be in the playoffs.

The Godfather seems to be a badass. That doesn't mean he will be a good HC but it does mean that he is a badass. If we finalize a badass as OC, there is only the Elway factor to account for (OC decision being a major point of grading the 'Elway Factor'). Everything you said is in regards to a situation involving stagnant management. With progressive management, judging you're opinions is as fluid as our vision of the future of our team as fans. 'Progressive' is a matter of opinion but the basic tenant being we will wallow as Elway wallows. We will thrive as Elway thrives.

As for talent, let's all wait until we get 'talent' re-defined for us by how well the new coaching staff uses our players. Everyone that listened to the professional opinions given on VJ's misuse of our players, knows that we have little clue what we have until we see a competent HC and assistants makes proper use of them. The bad calls are the only clue we outsiders get to see as to the greater malaise that a bad/ impotent HC can create. I have no clue if Fangio will be the HC we all want. I do think if Elway yanks his head out of his ass, we will be much better off than you forecast. I also think the players wouldn't say it because VJ was a player's guy, but VJ was incopetant at heart and grew a losing culture in the locker room, in that he spouted 'winning' platitudes he knew nothing about to his players, while relying on his abilities of the lowest measure when building and directing his staff and team.

Losing VJ won't make us winners. Sloughing off the dead skin of his incompetency will make a huge difference though, IMO.

Ground Control
01-11-2019, 07:36 PM

The cow just got slaughtered.

Poet
01-11-2019, 07:39 PM
The cow just got slaughtered.

I think he’s a ***** - hasn’t had a top offense in forever, won’t change or update his scheme, and wants his old crappy coaches back.

Hit the road you overrated OC who didn’t even call his plays here, and who won a SB on the back of a defense and roster he had little to do with.

Drink up boys and girls! It’s a good day.

Cugel
01-11-2019, 08:03 PM
Agreed to a point. The issue is larger than VJ and he was crippled by the main issue: Elway. We cannot move forward with any alacrity if Elway doesn't move forward as a GM. Using the Arizona example is false in that the Broncos are not the Cardinals. I'm not a mindless homer. We did kick their ass for a reason. As f'ed as the Broncos infrastructure/ ownership is, it is not as bad as the cardinals. We also have solid talent. That means nothing without solid coaching in step with great franchise leadership; hence the Elway factor. My point being: If Elway chooses to wake up, get some balls, and move forward as a GM, the Broncos will naturally move with him. That forward movement will happen as fast as his does, to a certain extent. We won't be in the SB next year if Elway wakes up but we will maybe be in the playoffs.

The Cardinals have a potential franchise QB in Rosen. He sucked in his rookie year. That means nothing. Elway sucked in his rookie year. They just brought in a new coach specifically to coach that kid up. Whether it will work I don't know, but they are definitely going to give it a try. Rosen might well turn out to be good like other spread system QBs are once they stop trying to get them to be like Peyton Manning when all they know is RPO.

The Broncos don't even have a PROSPECT QB on the roster. So, it's down to the draft.

But:

1. It's the worst QB draft class in over 10 years. Just listen to all the draft talk about what the experts are saying: bad QB draft. Unlike last year when everybody knew that 4 QBs would be taken in the top 10 - and they were.

2. How are they going to get a QB in the draft? Are they going to overdraft someone who turns out to be like Jake Locker or Blaine Gabbert. Teams desperately overdrafted those stiffs because they needed a QB and those were the only ones available.

They are going to have to wait until 2020 to get their franchise QB. Too bad, but that's where it is. Unless they get wildly lucky and somebody gets overlooked like Russell Wilson did and falls to the 2nd round or third round.

Dapper Dan
01-11-2019, 08:04 PM
Can’t wait to get rid of Vic and his overrated, unimaginative, old school, offense. #fireFangio

Ground Control
01-11-2019, 08:08 PM
Winning Super Bowls does that.

Living in the past makes things that worked at one point 'sacred', regardless of how well they work in the present.

Luckily, we have competition and a game that thrives due to said competition. Also luckily, we have Elway. He knows his chuck, rib, and flank are only sacred if he is a winner. As is proper. He dumps players and coaches he deems unworthy in a heartbeat. It's only proper we judge him similarly. He's choked with some of his most important decisions as a GM and has not lived up to his local status, outside of being a successful used car dealership partner. The franchise has suffered since the Manning stream ran dry and we were left with the raw meat that is Elway management, sans the glamour of his one enourmous and notable accomplishment.

I'm personally looking forward to the Fangio era, as well as the Elway-rips-his-head-out-of-his-ass era. I am really frickin' excited to be excited about our D again. I am also very confident that Elway has greatness in him as a GM. I've ripped him in the past but only in the context of us judging him for his actions as a GM, as apposed to some magical unicornism view that past glories are anything but us wasting time in past glories, as a dude glorifies the high school QB he knew as a titan in school, even though he sees him managing the local media department in Target these days. Elway used up his one 'famous-QB-as-GM' card when he signed Manning. He has none left and every reach he's made since along those lines with anyone else in the league afterwards, made his position weaker as a GM. The league and other GMS have relished every idiotic move he's made, seeing for what it was; At least those that were able to move past their own idiocies. Now, Elway has a killer class of 2018, a solid but small group of stars, and arguable the best defensive mind in the NFL as HC representing his current capital. He also has his letting go of past-glories-that-mean-nothing-currently (Kubiak) as capital. Everyone should be excited. I am!

Nothing and no one is sacred though, at least not in relationship to anything but past glories. Reminiscing is great. Confusing reminiscing with reality is unhealthy.

Jsteve01
01-11-2019, 08:15 PM

Sorry my man but the fact that they beat the Steelers, almost beat the Chiefs twice, almost beat the Rams, beat the Chargers. All those teams are serious contenders for the Super Bowl other than the Steelers. I think given how terrible Vance was at situational football that I would say the roster isn't as bereft of talent as you would like us to believe.

Cugel
01-11-2019, 08:16 PM
According to Troy Renk on 104.3 the Fan it was a basic disagreement with Elway who wanted to integrate IPO stuff like other teams like the Chiefs have, with the offensive concept, and Kubiak who resisted and wanted to run his old offense.

They couldn't agree, because Kubiak and Elway were talking and "Elway wasn't getting the answers he expected to hear" about changes he wanted made to the offense.

"We now are going to get a new offense in Denver." -- Alfred Williams.

Poet
01-11-2019, 08:19 PM
Kubes is a bit of a diva.

Ground Control
01-11-2019, 09:03 PM
The Cardinals have a potential franchise QB in Rosen. He sucked in his rookie year. That means nothing. Elway sucked in his rookie year. They just brought in a new coach specifically to coach that kid up. Whether it will work I don't know, but they are definitely going to give it a try. Rosen might well turn out to be good like other spread system QBs are once they stop trying to get them to be like Peyton Manning when all they know is RPO.

The Broncos don't even have a PROSPECT QB on the roster. So, it's down to the draft.

But:

1. It's the worst QB draft class in over 10 years. Just listen to all the draft talk about what the experts are saying: bad QB draft. Unlike last year when everybody knew that 4 QBs would be taken in the top 10 - and they were.

2. How are they going to get a QB in the draft? Are they going to overdraft someone who turns out to be like Jake Locker or Blaine Gabbert. Teams desperately overdrafted those stiffs because they needed a QB and those were the only ones available.

They are going to have to wait until 2020 to get their franchise QB. Too bad, but that's where it is. Unless they get wildly lucky and somebody gets overlooked like Russell Wilson did and falls to the 2nd round or third round.

Is Rosen their franchise QB? Kingsbury said he would take Murray as the #1 if he could. Arizona has the #1 pick and Murray is coming. That would make the Cardinals much more threatening than the team as it exists with or without Rosen, IMO. Of course, that is an easy summation, given the fact that they hold the #1 pick because they are the worst team in the NFL, currently. Otherwise, I was speaking to the management of the team as a whole. Management that fired the HC after one year (coaching a shit show that was handed to him) and hired some dude that failed as a college HC. Kingsbury met McVay once. Yay! Let's hand over the keys to the castle to the guy that met McVay and thinks that makes them friends!

Sorry for the snark. I'm just not anticipating enormous success in Arizona anytime soon and despite our own ownership/ management crap show, I do believe that the Broncos are better off than the Cards. Maybe Kingsbury is the shot in the dark but he is a gamble by a team in the dump. A team that is the new Browns, maybe? That's what I meant. The Broncos need another few years of being losers, an Elway firing, and a full on donkey party with the Bowlen kids to bring us to that level, IMO.

As to 1) Dwayne Haskins is a 70% passer, with 54 TDs to 9 INT rate. What???? That's crazy shit! Kyler Murray is a sure top 10. The rest I agree with you on, other than to make note that previous QB classes have been blown off but still produced winners. Last year's class is still definitely TBD, outside of Mayfield. So many mid to late round QB that found success. How many teams passed up Mahomes? So, what are we left with? Decision making by Elway and our new HC. Not saying that is the end of the argument. Just saying that is the argument. Not the media's assessment of this year's QB draft stock. The Colts gave away Elway because they were fools. Elway drafted Lynch because he was a fool. You and I have small clue as to whether the Broncos will find their franchise QB in this or next year's draft. We only agree that it has to happen in the draft.

As to 2) Fromm, anyone? Tua? Lawrence coming out early? I'm salivating at those prospects but who knows what they will do between now and then. Tua has been a 'champ' against losers but has been a loser against winners. Ala, the Clemson reality check. Personally, I'm down with the opinion that the Broncos should either sell the farm for Haskins/ Murray, or draft a qb in round 2 -4 this year and then sell out for a QB in 2020 and let the best man win. We'll see though.

I'm just saying that the Denver Broncos and our emotions as fans will live or die on Elway's development as a human being in 2019, as it has died on his subservience to his own ego and position in Denver for the last few years. I share your skepticism and assessment of the team and it's holes. I have seen that some holes can be covered and some holes are the same crap that the entire league is dealing with though. The difference between those that succeed in obfuscation and overcoming those failings and those that fail to do so...is coaching and management. Not saying that our problems are solved by the hiring of Fangio. Just disagreeing with you on the things we should be looking at regarding our potential failure or success in the coming years. Elway dumping Kubiak is a fantastic sign that he is unafraid to move forward into the unknown offensively. Good or bad, that tells me we won't die of boredom this year. IMO, he's hired as sure a thing that can exist for defensive success as a HC. That gives him room to take chances and play with the offense, which is the larger unknown in 2019. Could be good or really ugly but I'll rest easier knowing that the glass ceiling has been cracked and The Godfather (Fangio) will be a balancing factor to Elway living solely within his tiny bubble.

If that relationship fails, the Broncos fail...and you will be proven correct. If it succeeds, you will be proven wrong and the team we have will be better next year, before we even account for FAs, draft picks, and assistants IMO. We'll see though, right?

Ground Control
01-11-2019, 09:20 PM
I think he’s a ***** - hasn’t had a top offense in forever, won’t change or update his scheme, and wants his old crappy coaches back.

Hit the road you overrated OC who didn’t even call his plays here, and who won a SB on the back of a defense and roster he had little to do with.

Drink up boys and girls! It’s a good day.

Agreed! Hence the 'sacred' cow being slaughtered. If Kubes isn't sacred anymore, then nothing 'established' in the organization is sacred anymore. Including Elway, since he is clearly seeing how tenuous his position is and is acting accordingly. Drink up, indeed!

Dapper Dan
01-12-2019, 04:13 AM
Wtf is IPO?

dogfish
01-12-2019, 04:27 AM
Wtf is IPO?

initial public offering, i believe. . . guess elway's gonna sell some stock in the donkeys so we can afford a better quarterback. . .

dogfish
01-12-2019, 04:31 AM
Sorry my man but the fact that they beat the Steelers, almost beat the Chiefs twice, almost beat the Rams, beat the Chargers. All those teams are serious contenders for the Super Bowl other than the Steelers. I think given how terrible Vance was at situational football that I would say the roster isn't as bereft of talent as you would like us to believe.

steve gets it. . .

MOtorboat
01-12-2019, 04:39 AM

It’s the NFL. Every team in the league is a player short or a coach short of a playoff berth. Margins are slim as shit. This year’s team was the Bears. Happens every year. Just find the magic.

Jsteve01
01-12-2019, 09:25 AM
And just so we are clear. Rosen came from a pro set under Mora where they ran lttle to no rpo.

Dapper Dan
01-12-2019, 10:17 AM
Wtf is rpo?

Shazam!
01-12-2019, 10:21 AM
Wtf is rpo?

Run Pass Option offense/plays.

You know, plays that the media make out like it didnt exist 20 years ago.

Hawgdriver
01-12-2019, 01:59 PM
Wtf is rpo?

Rinitial Public Offering

Poet
01-12-2019, 02:06 PM
Run Pass Option offense/plays.

You know, plays that the media make out like it didnt exist 20 years ago.

To guys like Kubiak they didn't. Bootlegs baby. That's all the innovation you need.

Cugel
01-14-2019, 03:30 PM
initial public offering, i believe. . . guess elway's gonna sell some stock in the donkeys so we can afford a better quarterback. . .

But, that presumes that the Broncos would have an over the counter market issue, rather than a private placement, which they would really do for legal reasons too boring to explain. :laugh:

nevcraw
01-16-2019, 12:18 AM
Forgive the thread intrusion - was going to start a new one but forgot how - but does anyone’s else but me get a Manic like happiness wave at any thought of hilis bangin’ mcdickbag’s wife?

Carry on...

Bugs Baloney
01-20-2019, 03:14 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb, "a strong limb that is".
I am loving the recent hires of Fangio, Munchak, Donatell, and Scangarello at OC. with reservations of course. Whether
you coin him as SKANKS, or Mr. Gorilla, lets just hoe he brings some innovative offense with him.

It is nice to bring back the known commodities at coaching! Hoping for, (at least), a 10-6 record next season.
Let's find ourselves a great franchise QB...(maybe Daniel Jones), who is slotted at around the 10th pick.

Let's keep our fingers crossed, cause I, and many others cannot take another year of Case at the helm.

Here is to the future. Let's go Broncs and win a division title in 2019/2020!

Tbolt
09-16-2019, 10:45 AM
Yes, too early for this thread. But, you all know this coaching hire was a mistake. Let's at least admit early on we made (another) bad coaching hire.

Seriously, this team looks worse than the VJ coached teams, and has more talent! We continue to get worse on Defense, can't make any timely stops, get a turnover, or sack the QB. This is the strength of the team, and has the talent to be elite. It's obvious this staff has zero idea how to utilize the talent on the roster.

The Offense is completely pedestrian, but would probably be adequate if the coaching staff wasn't so clueless, or biased, to use our star pass rushers. Though the Offensive side is a joke, with a sophomoric approach, it is actually less of an embarrassment.

So jump on the bandwagon, lets Fire Fangio and not repeat this mistake and waste another year like we did with VJ.

WARHORSE
09-16-2019, 10:55 AM
Dumb.

Tbolt
09-16-2019, 11:10 AM
Well, didn't realize this was already out there. Yes, let's admit we made another bad coaching hire and start the Fire Fangio movement now. VJ...was a better coach.

tomjonesrocks
09-22-2019, 02:55 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb, "a strong limb that is".
I am loving the recent hires of Fangio, Munchak, Donatell, and Scangarello at OC. with reservations of course. Whether
you coin him as SKANKS, or Mr. Gorilla, lets just hoe he brings some innovative offense with him.

It is nice to bring back the known commodities at coaching! Hoping for, (at least), a 10-6 record next season.
Let's find ourselves a great franchise QB...(maybe Daniel Jones), who is slotted at around the 10th pick.

Let's keep our fingers crossed, cause I, and many others cannot take another year of Case at the helm.

Here is to the future. Let's go Broncs and win a division title in 2019/2020!

Seemed like a good hire at the time...

Hawgdriver
09-22-2019, 02:56 PM
Seemed like a good hire at the time...

https://pics.me.me/seemed-like-a-good-idea-at-the-time-1700330.png

Poet
09-22-2019, 03:01 PM
Fire him

chazoe60
09-22-2019, 03:07 PM
He certainly looks like a man in over his head.

Poet
09-22-2019, 03:14 PM
He’s too old to be a first time coach and have success. We got problems when the best pass rush tandem gets schemes away...by their OWN coach. **** that.

Timmy!
09-22-2019, 03:18 PM
Adjust to the talent you have you stubborn old *******!

Poet
09-22-2019, 03:18 PM
No one has ever stopped Von Miller like Fangio.

Timmy!
09-22-2019, 03:21 PM
No one has ever stopped Von Miller like Fangio.

Maybe we should play the corners a couple more yards off, just to be sure.

Poet
09-22-2019, 03:22 PM
McDaniels was a better coach.

Poet
09-22-2019, 03:22 PM
Vance Joseph was a better coach.

chazoe60
09-22-2019, 03:23 PM
McDaniels was a better coach.

Vance Joseph was a better coach.

Wrong and wronger

Timmy!
09-22-2019, 03:26 PM
Wrong and wronger

I mean, there are 13 games left, but at this point?

Poet
09-22-2019, 03:27 PM
Wrong and wronger

McD eliminates our talent but got draft picks for them.

Fangio eliminates our talent and we get nothing.

VJ at least could get a win.

Shazam!
09-22-2019, 04:06 PM
For the record Elway wanted Shanahan and Fangio wasnt his first choice. Kubiak leaving makes it worse even with Fangio.

Cugel
09-22-2019, 04:06 PM
Q: Have you ever remembered a time when the Broncos were more down on talent than this present team?

A: Vic Lombardi: "Not recently, not since the last part of the Josh McDaniels era."

Poet
09-22-2019, 04:07 PM
For the record Elway wanted Shanahan and Fangio wasnt his first choice. Kubiak leaving makes it worse even with Fangio.

Shanahan is old news and no one should have wanted him. That's embarrassing. Fangio was high on his list. Kubiak was booted by JE because Kubiak wanted to bring back his old coaches, who all sucked.

Valar Morghulis
09-22-2019, 04:11 PM
Thing is, at the time, i believe Fangio was the best hire. He was an old school DC coming off a career season in Chicago and talked about not makng mistakes, getting the fundamental sright and playing solid football.

I honestly think with what we knew then, he was the right hire.

Hindsight clearly suggests this could be wrong. I just dont think we can blame elway on this one.

Shazam!
09-22-2019, 04:13 PM
It appears he's VJ 2.0 and wasnt ready to be HC. Sorry.

Maybe Munch needs more input?

Poet
09-22-2019, 04:15 PM
Thing is, at the time, i believe Fangio was the best hire. He was an old school DC coming off a career season in Chicago and talked about not makng mistakes, getting the fundamental sright and playing solid football.

I honestly think with what we knew then, he was the right hire.

Hindsight clearly suggests this could be wrong. I just dont think we can blame elway on this one.

It took forty years for someone to go "yeah, you can be our head coach." I blame Elway for not moving towards an offensive coach to mentor a young QB. Fangio definitely falls into that 'run the ball and play good defense to win' mold...we in 2019, fam. Update the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

I just am filled with hatred right now. God ******* dammit. I believed. That's why I'm so mad. I believed.

Valar Morghulis
09-22-2019, 04:18 PM
It took forty years for someone to go "yeah, you can be our head coach." I blame Elway for not moving towards an offensive coach to mentor a young QB. Fangio definitely falls into that 'run the ball and play good defense to win' mold...we in 2019, fam. Update the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

I just am filled with hatred right now. God ******* dammit. I believed. That's why I'm so mad. I believed.

He hired a young OC to do just that.

Listen, i get it, it looks like sucks. He probably does, but at the time of the hire, it seemed like a solid appointment. We can't be mad about what we didn't know. 40 years in the game suggested he would provide the experienced leadership VJ lacked

Poet
09-22-2019, 04:26 PM
He hired a young OC to do just that.

Listen, i get it, it looks like sucks. He probably does, but at the time of the hire, it seemed like a solid appointment. We can't be mad about what we didn't know. 40 years in the game suggested he would provide the experienced leadership VJ lacked

I don't mean to be rude, Val. I just mean to say that we let an old buffoon who doesn't know shitty **** about offense pick the OC. That's like picking a fatty fat fatty to run a health science department and that person picks me to run the sports medicine class.

Your point is fine and solid, tbh. I just am too tired to be logical in a way that doesn't fit what I think. I think? **** You Fangio, you old sassy bastage.

Freyaka
09-22-2019, 04:34 PM
I think it's too early to give up on fangios. We'll see how the rest of the season pans out.

Time to fire Elway though.

Simple Jaded
09-22-2019, 04:37 PM

After all he’s done for you?

Smdh

NightTerror218
09-22-2019, 04:40 PM
He needs to give up play calling period

Simple Jaded
09-22-2019, 04:47 PM

They’re better off without Kubiak, at least Scank doesn’t insist on Sam Jones on OL.

Remember, a LOT of the failures on the Broncos OL has been Kubiak’s god awful eye for talent.

MOtorboat
09-22-2019, 04:56 PM
https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1175860202656161793?s=21

Tbolt
09-22-2019, 05:38 PM
Seriously, this team was better with Vance Joseph than the 60-year old virgin HC. Eff Elway for letting Wade walk, every problem with this team stems from that decision. But keep blaming Kubiak who last coached here 4 years ago...How many points did the 4-1 Vikes put on the Faid today?

Simple Jaded
09-22-2019, 05:38 PM
It’s impossible not to be most disappointed in Fangio, I started to worry when they said he was gonna use Chubb in Mack’s role, leaving me to assume Miller would be used like Leonard Floyd’s role. Inconceivable.

Simple Jaded
09-22-2019, 05:40 PM
Seriously, this team was better with Vance Joseph than the 60-year old virgin HC. Eff Elway for letting Wade walk, every problem with this team stems from that decision. But keep blaming Kubiak who last coached here 4 years ago...How many points did the 4-1 Vikes put on the Faid today?

Kubiak isn’t their OC.

Nomad
09-22-2019, 05:42 PM
Who would you hire to replace Fangio?

Northman
09-22-2019, 05:43 PM
Who would you hire to replace Fangio?

Me, definitely me.

Nomad
09-22-2019, 05:44 PM
Me, definitely me.

You gonna wear a hoodie? :D

elsid13
09-22-2019, 05:45 PM

Wife beater and gold chains no matter the weather

Northman
09-22-2019, 05:45 PM

Nah, to hot. Lol

Nomad
09-22-2019, 05:46 PM
Nah, to hot. Lol

You can always cut the sleeves.

Simple Jaded
09-22-2019, 05:47 PM
Me, definitely me.

#Sponsored

Nomad
09-22-2019, 05:49 PM
I found North as a HC. :D

Northman
09-22-2019, 05:50 PM
I found North as a HC. :D

And i will make a trade for Brady because he has 3 good years left in him, then i will trade Von and Harris to land Trevor Lawrence. I got this shit.

Simple Jaded
09-22-2019, 06:18 PM
I’m starting to feel like North when watching Myhomie, a dirty Judas.

Poet
09-22-2019, 06:44 PM
I'm tired of Fangina. Fire Fangina!!!!

Nomad
09-22-2019, 07:01 PM
I found this for you, King. :D

Poet
09-22-2019, 07:03 PM
I found this for you, King. :D

He literally looks confused even there. "What team do I coach for? Where am I? What's press coverage?"

Poet
09-22-2019, 07:04 PM
I’m starting to feel like North when watching Myhomie, a dirty Judas.

Mahomes makes me feel funny.

Simple Jaded
09-22-2019, 08:08 PM
Btw, while we’re pining for Wade and trading the best defensive player in franchise history consider the fact that Aaron Donald also has zero sacks thru 2 1/4 games.

Northman
09-22-2019, 08:10 PM
Btw, while we’re pining for Wade and trading the best defensive player in franchise history consider the fact that Aaron Donald also has zero sacks thru 2 1/4 games.

Yea, but they are 2-0 so that alleviates that issue. Also, im sure someone else on the team has a sack at least.

Simple Jaded
09-22-2019, 08:12 PM
Yea, but they are 2-0 so that alleviates that issue. Also, im sure someone else on the team has a sack at least.

Well yeah, when you put it like that it sounds bad.

Northman
09-22-2019, 08:14 PM
Well yeah, when you put it like that it sounds bad.

:lol:

Simple Jaded
11-07-2019, 09:25 AM
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28006289/grading-eight-new-nfl-head-coaches-acing-flailing

You all owe Fangina an apology.

Northman
11-07-2019, 09:40 AM
QB Joe Flacco (https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/11252/joe-flacco)'s criticism that things are a little too close to the vest at times was mostly spot on. Nobody is saying chucking it deep all the time, but they need to be more efficient in how they use their personnel on offense (23 of the 29 sacks given up this season have come when they're in a three-wide look) and take advantage of matchups where they clearly hold an edge.

They owe Joe an apology as well.

*waiting for the meltdown to commence*

Simple Jaded
11-07-2019, 09:48 AM

Hold my beer.

Elevation inc
11-07-2019, 10:34 AM

No, not happening dude is a bum regardless of scheme. He had plenty of time to make plays Throughout the game and he wasn't consistent with it and would crumble or disappear for vast stretches....Especially in the RZ and on 3rd down....Where a vet in in his prime should make his money at a min....

Elevation inc
11-07-2019, 10:37 AM
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28006289/grading-eight-new-nfl-head-coaches-acing-flailing

You all owe Fangina an apology.

I do not :lol: That is not required of me....

Poet
11-07-2019, 04:39 PM
Fire Fangio.

Fire John Elway.

NightTrainLayne
11-07-2019, 05:03 PM
I am very pleased that our young players on the defensive side are being developed. This is the sign of good coaching.

Sunday gave me hope that Scangerello is the right guy as OC as well, and we have a good O-line coach who can develop talent there as well.

If Lock can show promise, we have likely already rebounded from the depths and are on our way up.

Poet
11-07-2019, 05:14 PM
I am very pleased that our young players on the defensive side are being developed. This is the sign of good coaching.

Sunday gave me hope that Scangerello is the right guy as OC as well, and we have a good O-line coach who can develop talent there as well.

If Lock can show promise, we have likely already rebounded from the depths and are on our way up.

There aren't too many signs of good coaching IMO. Defense is where the talent is on this team. Most of our top producing players are veterans.

Scangs has had one good showing, if that. Have no hope and don't get hurt my brother. Our offensive line coach hasn't had much to work with this year, so I can't shit on him.

If Lock shows promise there's a sign for being optimistic.

NightTrainLayne
11-07-2019, 05:26 PM
There aren't too many signs of good coaching IMO. Defense is where the talent is on this team. Most of our top producing players are veterans.

Alexander Johnson, Devontae Harris, Malik Reed. All youthful players who are stepping in and producing.

Then there's some "veteran" guys who have never previously done much, now producing, like Mike Purcell.

Fangio's staff is developing talent.

Simple Jaded
11-07-2019, 05:28 PM
Malik Reed is invisible.

Poet
11-07-2019, 05:33 PM
Alexander Johnson, Devontae Harris, Malik Reed. All youthful players who are stepping in and producing.

Then there's some "veteran" guys who have never previously done much, now producing, like Mike Purcell.

Fangio's staff is developing talent.

Reed? I don't buy that. Alexander Johnson was supposed to be a top shelf talent before he got hosed by what looks like a BS accusation. Is that really great coaching? The same staff didn't even have him as a starter originally. Harris? Sure. I'll give you that.

Poet
11-07-2019, 05:39 PM
We are either rolling with Lock long term or trying to draft another guy, right? That's the assumption. Roll with it. Do you want to pair either one with (1) a defensive head coach when we're going to ask the youngster to play big boy QB and (2) pair him with Scangs, who has had one good game calling plays and (3) pair him with the HC who hired Scangs?

All I see is darkness. )=

NightTrainLayne
11-07-2019, 05:41 PM
Malik Reed is invisible.

Reed? I don't buy that. Alexander Johnson was supposed to be a top shelf talent before he got hosed by what looks like a BS accusation. Is that really great coaching? The same staff didn't even have him as a starter originally. Harris? Sure. I'll give you that.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-highest-graded-rookie-rankings-nfl-week-9-2019

Using PFF’s unique grades and advanced database, we give you the 10 rookies who have performed the best through Week 9 of 2019. . .

6. EDGE MALIK REED, DENVER BRONCOS
An undrafted free agent out of Nevada, Malik Reed became the starter opposite of Von Miller back in Week 5 and has been a reliable outside linebacker for the Denver Broncos, posting a 73.2 overall grade (29th among edge defenders). Reed’s bread and butter has been his run defense, as he is 13th at his position in run-defense grade, at 76.5. His explosiveness off the line in the pass-rush could use some work, but he’s been able to generate 17 pressures and a win rate of 15.9% — landing him at sixth in this week’s rookie rankings.

I'm not saying PFF is the end-all be-all of player rating, but they are objective. . .. Top 6 rookie. .. .

Poet
11-07-2019, 05:47 PM

I'm not saying PFF is the end-all be-all of player rating, but they are objective. . .. Top 6 rookie. .. .

I love PFF - analytics are for smart people. I suppose I've not given Reed his due. I yield that point to the well sourced argument.

However, that's two players. I don't know man, I hope you're right. I hope Fangio is the man. I've not seen too much to indicate it.

Valar Morghulis
11-07-2019, 06:06 PM
In love with Vic

Poet
11-07-2019, 06:08 PM
In love with Vic

He is the Lattimer of coaches.

Hawgdriver
11-07-2019, 07:19 PM

PFF is fine. Paradis is helping the no-QB Panthers with the league's #3 rushing offense/#10 overall offense. No-name QB. Oh yeah, and they have the white Phil Lindsay who runs routes.

Poet
11-07-2019, 07:38 PM
PFF is fine. Paradis is helping the no-QB Panthers with the league's #3 rushing offense/#10 overall offense. No-name QB. Oh yeah, and they have the white Phil Lindsay who runs routes.

Paradis is the best center in football.

I hate that we let him walk.

Valar Morghulis
11-07-2019, 07:51 PM
Paradis is the best center in football.

I hate that we let him walk.

Parastiff is and was a bum

Hawgdriver
11-07-2019, 08:01 PM

His rigor mortis hips don't lie.

Poet
11-07-2019, 08:03 PM

Except he passed the eyeball and analytics test. Our offensive line has sucked for years and we let him go. What'd we use that money on? A RT that can't even hit the field? A CB that can't ******* get on the field? John's whiskey cabinet? I want answers! And I want them now!

Hawgdriver
11-07-2019, 08:27 PM
Except he passed the eyeball and analytics test. Our offensive line has sucked for years and we let him go. What'd we use that money on? A RT that can't even hit the field? A CB that can't ******* get on the field? John's whiskey cabinet? I want answers! And I want them now!

What's his payroll hit?

Poet
11-07-2019, 08:31 PM
What's his payroll hit?

Mr. Blue Walker is very expensive, Hawg.

Hawgdriver
11-07-2019, 08:37 PM
Mr. Blue Walker is very expensive, Hawg.

3 mil a year? North of that? That's a crime if they let him walk for 3-4 mil a year.

Hawgdriver
11-07-2019, 08:38 PM
5-6 seems reasonable. Trouble justifying anything more imo. But it's hard to say for sure. The fact that he always starts and never calls in sick is probably worth more if we are analytical about it.

Poet
11-07-2019, 08:39 PM
3 mil a year? North of that? That's a crime if they let him walk for 3-4 mil a year.

Three years 27 million.

Hawgdriver
11-07-2019, 08:40 PM
Three years 27 million.

Wow. If you had a 22 person roster, that's 208 mil a year. What's the cap at these days?

Poet
11-07-2019, 08:43 PM
It was 188 million this year.

Hawgdriver
11-07-2019, 08:45 PM
It was 188 million this year.

What do you think about that rate. I think 3/24 I could stomach, but no higher. But maybe that's wrong. Maybe I should have been an NFL actuary.

Poet
11-07-2019, 08:49 PM
What do you think about that rate. I think 3/24 I could stomach, but no higher. But maybe that's wrong. Maybe I should have been an NFL actuary.

I think when you have a long history of offensive line issues and you have a certifiable elite player you should keep him. I think it's especially true when you keep rolling over money year after year. I think his contract is reasonable, and if he was somehow available again this offseason other teams would try to snatch him up. I think this is one of Elway's most overlooked failings as a GM because we have little OL depth. I also think it's funny that we'll make a big move for an injury prone RT while scoffing at Paradis for his ailments.

Northman
11-07-2019, 09:24 PM
I love PFF - analytics are for smart people. I suppose I've not given Reed his due. I yield that point to the well sourced argument.

However, that's two players. I don't know man, I hope you're right. I hope Fangio is the man. I've not seen too much to indicate it.

This is the problem when you win one game and its against the Browns. I think i will wait after seeing how we do against the next 5 teams before making a decision on whether or not Fangio can develop talent. :lol:

Simple Jaded
11-08-2019, 10:53 AM
Reed is a stiff.

NightTrainLayne
11-08-2019, 11:15 AM
Reed is a stiff.

Okay. So he's a stiff playing decently.

I'd say that's an even greater credit to the coaching staff working with him.

Cugel
11-08-2019, 01:31 PM
Too soon?

At least 1 year too soon. Hopefully at least 2 years.

We can't keep having a revolving carousel in the coaching staff. That is just not how winning teams keep winning.

Admittedly Vance Joseph was way in over his head, but Fangio clearly isn't. Despite some derpy coaching decisions like the decision to go for 2 up 6 against the Chefs, Fangio has made basically sound personnel decisions, and his defense is currently a top 10 defense in the NFL (currently ranked 8th in ppg at 18.9).

The offense is putrid, but that's because the Broncos haven't got a franchise QB and no offensive weapons that anybody fears outside of Courtland Sutton. Their TEs as a group have been miserable and invisible outside of the one Noah Fant TD run.

I don't think you can blame Fangio for Elway's horrible personnel decisions -- like all the QBs he's selected, or giving 1 billion $ to RT Juwann James and Mr. Invisible Bryce Callahan or the decision to draft Bolles, or Paxton Lynch or a bunch o' other stiffs in the first and second rounds.

Cugel
11-08-2019, 01:36 PM
This is the problem when you win one game and its against the Browns. I think i will wait after seeing how we do against the next 5 teams before making a decision on whether or not Fangio can develop talent. :lol:

But, is there really all that much talent? Basically Fangio is taking cast-off and backup players and little regarded FAs like LB Malik Reed, NT Mike Purcell, DE Shelby Harris, and ILB Alexander Johnson and turning the defense into a tough hard nosed group.

If Denver's offense was a good as this defense, they would be leading the division, but you need a QB for that. And Fangio can't manufacture one out of thin air!

NightTrainLayne
11-08-2019, 03:33 PM
https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/11/8/20954589/film-rich-scangarellos-breakout-game

Something else to chew on re: Scangerello.

Simple Jaded
11-08-2019, 06:16 PM

I don’t disagree with the coaching staff, I disagree with Reed being a talent that is developing and producing. That might still happen, he’s bound to get to the QB with all the snaps he’s getting, but he’s producing nothing so far and is far from talented. He’s a “coaches favorite”.

Hollins should be starting in his place.

OLB should be high on the list of priorities in 2020.

MOtorboat
11-08-2019, 07:15 PM
https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/11/8/20954589/film-rich-scangarellos-breakout-game

Something else to chew on re: Scangerello.

That’s a pretty rosy picture of him. He clearly found a hole in the defensive scheme with the offset I, jet motion, so that’s great. I remain pretty unimpressed in the whole picture, though.

P.S. Still not young.

Poet
11-08-2019, 07:19 PM

That's a stronger argument, assuming he is a stiff.

Cugel
11-09-2019, 04:00 AM
We are either rolling with Lock long term or trying to draft another guy, right? That's the assumption. Roll with it. Do you want to pair either one with (1) a defensive head coach when we're going to ask the youngster to play big boy QB and (2) pair him with Scangs, who has had one good game calling plays and (3) pair him with the HC who hired Scangs?

All I see is darkness. )=

That is why I have been so firmly in the "Fire Elway NOW!" camp.

There is just no future I can see for as long as Elway remains the GM. He's just bad at his job and that's a fact. Signing Peyton Manning and having a bunch of elite FAs fall into his lap on team-friendly deals well below market price -- because they knew they could win a championship or two with Peyton Manning (Demarcus Ware, TJ Ward, Aqib Talib, Emanuel Sanders, etc.) -- that covered up a lot of Elway's sins as a GM.

"You know what covered up a ton of sins? Peyton Manning! You know who doesn't cover up any sins? Joe Flacco. And there are sins everywhere you look on this football team." -- Mark Schlereth.

In Ware and Manning alone they had 2 no-doubt, sure-fire 1st ballot, Hall of Fame Players who were nearing the end of their careers but who exercised unchallenged leadership over the team.

When Peyton and Demarcus spoke the players did exactly whatever they said. Because how are you going to justify slacking off at any point when you see Peyton every day grinding away at the facility?

Elway's job was easy, but his draft record after his first draft when he had Brian Xanders before Elway fired him, has been atrocious. And despite all the hype about the last couple of drafts, there's frankly no proof whatever that Elway's last couple of drafts have been anything great.

He still thinks Joe Flacco is the answer.

Cugel
11-09-2019, 04:01 AM
Today on 104.3 The Fan, both afternoon sportscasters told their "five most probable scenarios for who the Broncos QB will be on opening day in 2020."

Not what they personally think the Broncos should do. What they personally think John Elway will do, despite what you or anybody thinks.

And both of them ranked their scenarios from 5 to 1 with 1 being the most likely.

Both of them said they think Elway will trot Joe Flacco out there again in 2020 to be the Broncos starting QB and that we will not see Drew Lock for more than at most 2 games at the very end of the season.

They see Elway's plan as this:

Elway: "Nothing's changed as a result of this season. I still believe Joe Flacco is still in his prime, the team just lacked enough depth at certain key positions. But, we'll go back at it in the off-season, re-tool at LT and maybe RT and RG too now that we've had a chance to evaluate our first year with Vic Fangio. We will also be filling some holes at various positions. We might be looking at another TE in FA and with Derek Wolfe and Chris Harris leaving, we need to fill those positions either through FA or the draft or possibly some of our younger players wills have the chance to compete for a starting role.

Then in 2020 we bring back Joe Flacco and have another go with the re-tooled Broncos in their 2nd year under Fangio. Drew Lock continues to sit on the bench and learn behind Flacco, the way Brock Osweiler sat behind Peyton.

We took Lock in the second round to be a backup to Flacco, they way we took Osweiler in the 2nd to back up Peyton. The injury to Flacco and some depth issues on our OL in particular cost us some games, but we're not that far off.

We don't have a plan "B". WE're goin' Plan "A"!" -- John Elway

So, the plan is to ignore the giant sucking wound at QB for the 5th year in a row, and pretend that everything's just fine!

They just need to re-tool with some veteran FAs at a couple of key positions along their OL and get some new FAs to replace the SB veterans Elway let walk or traded.

Then Joe Flacco will show them in 2020! And maybe we see Drew Lock. In 2022 when Elway retires.

I fear that is still his idiot plan! :tsk:

Valar Morghulis
11-09-2019, 04:12 AM
They think that is his plan...... but that wasn’t a quote from elway, it was total click bait

Cugel
11-09-2019, 10:59 AM
They think that is his plan...... but that wasn’t a quote from elway, it was total click bait

"We don't have a plan "B". WE're goin' Plan "A"!" -- John Elway

That is a quote from years ago. Elway said that in a totally different context. Peyton Manning was Plan "A" and he indicated that he had no Plan "B" in case Manning's injury prevented Plan "A" from working.

He indicated that they were all in on Manning Plan "A". That Elway quote's been a mic drop on the radio for years now, because it perfectly illustrates Elway's style.

He never has a Plan "B" it's Plan "A" all the time. And then when Plan "A" blows up in his face he has no idea what to do -- because he's always 100% in on Plan "A".

Even when Plan "A" was supposed to be Paxton Lynch and that plan catches on fire and burns an entire neighborhood to the ground. No Plan "B".

Just "Siemian will develop!" Or "Paxton will come along!" Or "we expect another great season out of Case Keenum and we're excited he's a Denver Bronco!" Or "I believe that Joe Flacco is still in his prime!"

It just never ends with him. It's just one stupid idea after another. None of them having the remotest chance to succeed.

And Joe Flacco is the most incomprehensible of all.

For, does any sane person really believe that if Joe Flacco had a better team around him that it would really make any difference?

Suppose Garrett Bolles and Juwann James were total ballers on the OL. Suppose Jake Butt never got hurt and they had a real threat at TE. In that universe the team is 6-3 at the bye and Sanders is still a Bronco.

Suppose the team really put it together on defense finished 11-5 and got a wild-card game? Does anybody sane really think for one minute that the Broncos would have a chance in the playoffs against Tom Brady or Pat Mahomes or Deshaun
Watson?

Nope. Me neither. :coffee:

So, what exactly is the point of this "development" Elway is trying to do? Is it leading to 10-6 or even 11-5 and a wild card inevitably ending in getting crushed in KC or New England best.

To win SBs you need that great QB. And until you find that guy you have to keep looking. It might take years, but living in denial and NOT trying to find that guy and keep on trotting Joe Freakin' Flacco out there?

That's some class "A" delusion right there!

Simple Jaded
11-10-2019, 11:12 AM
You can win a SB with Flacco, y’all are biased because he can’t make one read and tuck it.

Nomad
11-10-2019, 11:14 AM
Bronco fans need patience. Just ask the 9ers.

Valar Morghulis
11-10-2019, 11:21 AM
You can win a SB with Flacco, y’all are biased because he can’t make one read and tuck it.

I love you takes, but your strange refusal to accept flacco is terrible befuddles me

Simple Jaded
11-10-2019, 11:30 AM
I love you takes, but your strange refusal to accept flacco is terrible befuddles me

I just love you, Dave, so much so that I forgive you for this betrayal.

I think I have battered wife syndrome.

Timmy!
11-10-2019, 05:12 PM
Cugel with your daily radio report. Everybody thank him! Thanks Cugel!

Nomad
11-10-2019, 05:15 PM
Cugel with your daily radio report. Everybody thank him! Thanks Cugel!

I want to know what Cugel looks like.

Northman
11-10-2019, 05:19 PM
Bronco fans need patience. Just ask the 9ers.

So we just need to wait 20 years? :lol:

Northman
11-10-2019, 05:20 PM
I want to know what Cugel looks like.

https://live.staticflickr.com/1165/714551155_838a4eeb4e_c.jpg

Nomad
11-10-2019, 05:40 PM
So we just need to wait 20 years? :lol:

I'm trying to be positive here. :D

Simple Jaded
11-10-2019, 08:39 PM
https://live.staticflickr.com/1165/714551155_838a4eeb4e_c.jpg

Sometimes you can tell when someone’s parents are blood related.

Poet
11-10-2019, 08:40 PM
Extend Elway! Extend Fangio! Hell yeah! We ride!

Cugel
11-10-2019, 09:59 PM

Nobody has won Jack Shit with Joe Flacco since 2012. He got a huge contract in 2013 after the SB, and threw more picks than TDs. He's been basically mediocre or worse ever since.

Now he shows what happens to an immobile pocket passing QB when he has to play behind Denver's OL. He gets hurt.

Everybody sensible pointed out that if Garrett Bolles ISN'T "magically fixed" by Mike Munchak, IF Juwann James does NOT manage to stay healthy for the first time in years, IF Ron Leary can't manage to stay healthy for the first time since he was in Dallas, IF Jake Butt does NOT manage to stay healthy and play a significant role in his second season;

IF these things which Denver was hoping for and counting on do NOT happen, then Joe Flacco won't last 8 games.

And he didn't last 8 games.

That's where they are. You can't win diddly squat with Joe Flacco, not even 8 games if you don't have a really good OL to protect him. Because he's not going to protect himself. He can't move. He's a stiff. He holds the ball too long and takes hits. He gets hurt. And as he gets older he's not going to become more healthy. He might never play again -- neck surgery is no joke.

In any case he's played his last down for the Denver Broncos unless John Elway is just totally insane -- which is about a 50% chance these days, so he might just try and sell the fans a line of total B.S. about how he "still believes in Joe" and is confident that with a better OL and with a second year in the system we'll compete yada yada blah, blah, blah. :coffee:

Simple Jaded
11-10-2019, 10:36 PM
Nobody has won Jack Shit with Joe Flacco since 2012. He got a huge contract in 2013 after the SB, and threw more picks than TDs. He's been basically mediocre or worse ever since.

Now he shows what happens to an immobile pocket passing QB when he has to play behind Denver's OL. He gets hurt.

Everybody sensible pointed out that if Garrett Bolles ISN'T "magically fixed" by Mike Munchak, IF Juwann James does NOT manage to stay healthy for the first time in years, IF Ron Leary can't manage to stay healthy for the first time since he was in Dallas, IF Jake Butt does NOT manage to stay healthy and play a significant role in his second season;

IF these things which Denver was hoping for and counting on do NOT happen, then Joe Flacco won't last 8 games.

And he didn't last 8 games.

That's where they are. You can't win diddly squat with Joe Flacco, not even 8 games if you don't have a really good OL to protect him. Because he's not going to protect himself. He can't move. He's a stiff. He holds the ball too long and takes hits. He gets hurt. And as he gets older he's not going to become more healthy. He might never play again -- neck surgery is no joke.

In any case he's played his last down for the Denver Broncos unless John Elway is just totally insane -- which is about a 50% chance these days, so he might just try and sell the fans a line of total B.S. about how he "still believes in Joe" and is confident that with a better OL and with a second year in the system we'll compete yada yada blah, blah, blah. :coffee:
Yeah, can’t run ... derp ... burp ... fart ...

I didn’t say this team, as presently constituted, could win jackshit with Flacco, you’re arguing with yourself.

Btw, he didn’t have neck surgery.

Cugel
11-11-2019, 02:26 PM
Yeah, can’t run ... derp ... burp ... fart ...

I didn’t say this team, as presently constituted, could win jackshit with Flacco, you’re arguing with yourself.

Btw, he didn’t have neck surgery.
Well, unless the Cowboys decide to gift the Broncos their entire OL, the Broncos are stuck for the foreseeable future with a crappy OL. It's not going to magically get better suddenly next year either.

They're going to have to draft a LT and a RT and teach them how to play in the NFL. That's going to take a while, even if Elway manages to pick the right players which he hasn't in the past -- preferring instead to patch holes with high priced FAs who inevitably suck or are injured -- which is why their teams allowed them to hit FA in the first place, unreliability. And when they have gone to the draft their draft picks simply sucked:

Juwann James, Russell Okung, Menlik Watson, Donald Stephenson, Ty Sambrailo, Garrett Bolles, Ron Leary, etc., etc. :coffee:

Having some mobility will be key going forward because the Broncos OL is going to suck next year too. Most of the OLs in the NFL aren't great because college isn't turning out pro ready OL like they used to. Just like with QBs the spread college game sucks for developing NFL OL.

Denver acknowledges the problem by signing Mike Munchak and bringing in assistant coach Chris Kuper. It hasn't been enough because you can't turn a sow's ear into a silk purse.

Nomad
11-11-2019, 02:27 PM
Cugel....do you believe in Drew Lock?

Cugel
11-13-2019, 10:26 AM
Cugel....do you believe in Drew Lock?

I believe he has a much better chance than Brandon Allen -- long term.

And I believe that there's ZERO point in trying to "win now" in when a season is irretrievably lost right from the start. You started 0-4 Elway. Your team sucks. There's nothing to accomplish this season except find out what you have in Drew Lock.

I just heard 15 minutes ago longtime Broncos beat reporter Troy Renck point out that the reason the team has not been practicing and getting Drew Lock ready is that "Elway is just not willing to admit they are out of it yet." This is on a 3-6 team. They are still intent on playing the guy who gives them the best chance to "win now."

And that is never going to be Drew Lock unless he gets considerably more experience. So, when is he going to get it if Elway keeps insisting on "win now?"

I got news for you guys. Under that scenario Drew Lock is NEVER going to be given the starting job.

That's what angers and frustrates me. Losing would be acceptable if Elway just admitted "OK, I screwed up. We suck because I drafted a bunch of stiffs and now we're just going to have to eat it like Miami, accumulate draft picks and find out what we have in Drew Lock this season." He doesn't have to admit this publicly, just DO IT.

Quit trying to win meaningless games and put the rookie in. So "he's not ready." So, what? Victory or defeat this year simply does not matter. All winning now does is screw up your draft picks! Simple math would tell you that by this point.

Right now the Broncos have the #12 seed out of 16 teams in the AFC. There are only 6 playoff berths.

Simple Jaded
11-13-2019, 10:30 AM
I guess I’m just a hopeless romantic who believes a little more effort and premium draft picks can turn the OL into a strength ... I mean, of course I know I’m right but it is pretty romantic shit.

Cugel
11-13-2019, 10:34 AM
Why can't Elway just admit "we aren't going to make the playoffs anyway, so let's do the thing that will give us the best chance to win for the long term future?"

"Let's start Drew Lock right now, who cares if he's terrible, we'll work with him and over the remaining 7 games we'll see if he improves. We might lose them all but so what? Finishing 3-13 would give us a top 5 pick.

If we get a top 5 pick we either take one of the top QBs -- Tua, Fromm, Herbert, Joe Burrow, or we draft a LT and stick with Lock. Either way we strengthen the OL further in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. What we do depends on what we see from Lock the rest of the way."

The overwhelming majority of Broncos fans would be very happy with doing just that!

But not Elway! He's gotta "win now". :tsk:

Simple Jaded
11-13-2019, 10:37 AM
The problem is Denver thinks like an 8-8 team, when they needed a LT they got one ... ONE. When they needed a RT they got one ... ONE. When they needed a G they got one ... ONE.

The only time this lazy ******* effort didn’t screw them was when drafted the one G, Risner, now imagine what a shitshow this OL would be if Risner didn’t work out.

Simple Jaded
11-13-2019, 10:49 AM
Here’s how ya do it.

LT; draft Thomas, sign Cordy Glenn and draft Hakeem Adeniji later rounds.

Or

RG; Draft Wirfs, sign Glenn/Osemele and draft Jedrick Wills in the 3rd.

Thomas and Wirfs can/should play right away.
Glenn and Osemele can play multiple positions, Glenn can play 4.
Adeniji has starter traits to develop as a backup.
Jedrick Wills can play right away too but might last to the 3rd, he/Wirfs/Osemele are Ju’Waun James Insurance (three players that can start at 2 positions).

Nowhere in there do you see a Sam Jones, Elijah Wilkinson, Jake Rodgers, Austin Schlottmen or Calvin Anderson. Wilkinson is the ideal 9th offensive lineman, tons of playing experience but someone you can sign to a series of 1-year-deals because nobody is beating down his door to make him a starter. The rest are scrubs, nobody’s answer to anything.

The Broncos need to stop smelling their own rank bullshit, if Jake Rodgers is the best you can do then you suck.

Poet
11-13-2019, 10:59 AM
Cordy Glenn is awful and a malcontent. No, you don't sign him. Christ Almighty no. Do you know how hard it is to make Cincinnati fans hate you? They hate him. They ******* hate him.

They should be so 'lucky' to have a Bolles.

Simple Jaded
11-13-2019, 11:03 AM
Cordy Glenn is awful and a malcontent. No, you don't sign him. Christ Almighty no. Do you know how hard it is to make Cincinnati fans hate you? They hate him. They ******* hate him.

They should be so 'lucky' to have a Bolles.
Bengals fans make poor decisions.

Cordy Glenn can play LT, LG, RG, RT, you wanna judge him by his time in THAT organization you go right ahead. Osemele is the same thing, a beast who got sideways with a shit organization Over how they handled his injuries. Trent Williams too.

These guys can play at very high levels, levels this OL hasn’t seen in years, if their biggest flaw is they’re nobody’s team captains then I, personally, can live with that.

Poet
11-13-2019, 11:05 AM
Bengals fans make poor decisions.

Cordy Glenn can play LT, LG, RG, RT, you wanna judge him by his time in THAT organization you go right ahead. Osemele is the same thing, a beast who got sideways with a shit organization Over how they handled his injuries. Trent Williams too.

These guys can play at very high levels, levels this OL hasn’t seen in years, if their biggest flaw is they’re nobody’s team captains then I, personally, can live with that.

Some Bengals fan wise up and get saved.

Glenn used to be great. He got shipped out of Buffalo for being a dick, too.

Trent Williams is not a piece of shit and is the sympathetic party.

Simple Jaded
11-13-2019, 11:06 AM
Best thing about Glenn is signing cap casualties don’t count against you in compensatory picks.

Simple Jaded
11-13-2019, 11:07 AM
Some Bengals fan wise up and get saved.

Glenn used to be great. He got shipped out of Buffalo for being a dick, too.

Trent Williams is not a piece of shit and is the sympathetic party.

Okay, Bolles is a dick and can’t play, if the worst you can about a player is their attitude I will never be swayed.

Simple Jaded
11-13-2019, 11:22 AM
I can’t find any issues with Glenn in Buffalo, it’s all been injuries ... which makes my scenario all the more ideal.

dogfish
11-13-2019, 02:11 PM
wait. . . signing a guy who's hurt all the time is an ideal situation? I think we just did that. . . I'd throw a high pick at it, sign the best vet we can get who isn't all banged up, and let munchak pick a late round developmenal guy to compete with Wilkinson as the emergency tackle. . .

Cugel
11-13-2019, 07:43 PM
Here’s how ya do it.

Or

Jedrick Wills can play right away too but might last to the 3rd, he/Wirfs/Osemele are Ju’Waun James Insurance (three players that can start at 2 positions).

Nowhere in there do you see a Sam Jones, Elijah Wilkinson, Jake Rodgers, Austin Schlottmen or Calvin Anderson. Wilkinson is the ideal 9th offensive lineman, tons of playing experience but someone you can sign to a series of 1-year-deals because nobody is beating down his door to make him a starter. The rest are scrubs, nobody’s answer to anything.

The Broncos need to stop smelling their own rank bullshit, if Jake Rodgers is the best you can do then you suck.

I prefer your plan to Elway's plan. I don't know if those exact players are the ones to draft, but they gotta do something about this crap.

Simple Jaded
11-18-2019, 10:58 PM
wait. . . signing a guy who's hurt all the time is an ideal situation? I think we just did that. . . I'd throw a high pick at it, sign the best vet we can get who isn't all banged up, and let munchak pick a late round developmenal guy to compete with Wilkinson as the emergency tackle. . .

No, having players that can play multiple positions on the OL is ideal, you take what you can get with their injuries.

Agreed on the rest, I’d just sign Glenn and Osemele as vets.

Simple Jaded
11-18-2019, 10:58 PM
I prefer your plan to Elway's plan. I don't know if those exact players are the ones to draft, but they gotta do something about this crap.

They are, I’m a scientist.

Davii
11-19-2019, 09:29 AM
They are, I’m a scientist.

Scatologist?

Simple Jaded
11-20-2019, 01:44 AM
Scatologist?

Chemical engineering.

Cugel
11-22-2019, 10:27 PM
Chemical engineering.

Man, I don't know about that stuff. I'm just watching a Warren Miller film and wishing my knees were in better shape.

BroncoWave
09-15-2020, 12:27 AM
Sup?

Poet
09-15-2020, 12:29 AM
Poet while the Titans were driving:

We need to start calling some timeouts.

Fangio: What, they don't carry over game to game?

Hawgdriver
09-15-2020, 12:30 AM
Looks like 2020 is to be a learning season.

Poet
09-15-2020, 12:32 AM
All the good head coaches who are old already have jobs. Would have been better off if we just hired a young guy who doesn't need prune juice to stay regular.

I ******* hate old people, man. Hate them.

Tennessee has a young coach with sophistication and grit.

We're stuck with a stupid ******* orangutan who gets outcoached by middle schoolers playing madden online.

Canmore
09-15-2020, 12:48 AM
Jesus man I qualify.

Simple Jaded
09-15-2020, 01:00 AM
Here’s how ya do it.

Or

JFC I’m dynamic!

Poet
09-15-2020, 01:21 AM
Glenn was awful in Cincinnati and sucks now. He's also a pouty ho and almost got knocked out by A.J. Green, who was in a boot I might add, for being a pouty ho.

Pass.

slim
09-15-2020, 01:26 AM
All the good head coaches who are old already have jobs. Would have been better off if we just hired a young guy who doesn't need prune juice to stay regular.

I ******* hate old people, man. Hate them.

Tennessee has a young coach with sophistication and grit.

We're stuck with a stupid ******* orangutan who gets outcoached by middle schoolers playing madden online.

A young guy? You mean like Vance Joseph?

Poet
09-15-2020, 01:27 AM
A young guy? You mean like Vance Joseph?

Well, I had hoped for a non-retarded young guy.

Figured that went without saying.

slim
09-15-2020, 01:30 AM

Your position is solid.

LawDog
09-15-2020, 01:33 AM
Fangio tonight looked like Vance Joseph with the bewildered look of internal confusion about how saving timeouts feels right but then again maybe not but they don’t grow on trees and what down is it?

Poet
09-15-2020, 01:36 AM
Fangio tonight looked like Vance Joseph with the bewildered look of internal confusion about how saving timeouts feels right but then again maybe not but they don’t grow on trees and what down is it?

He moves and acts like the two old guys in True Detective S3.

Hawgdriver
09-15-2020, 01:36 AM
He moves and acts like the two old guys in True Detective S3.

Worth the watch?

Poet
09-15-2020, 01:38 AM
Worth the watch?

Yes, and when you watch that season you'll ******* see how incredible that joke was, search out this interaction (just bookmark this now) and then send me a PM congratulating on my ******* moment of glory.

Or, just be like "heh, titty boi made a funny."

Simple Jaded
09-15-2020, 01:40 AM
Glenn was awful in Cincinnati and sucks now. He's also a pouty ho and almost got knocked out by A.J. Green, who was in a boot I might add, for being a pouty ho.

Pass.

Pouty ho, you mean, like the one that shoves his own coaches away when they try to coach him? (Per Andy Lindall).

Poet
09-15-2020, 01:41 AM
So you admit you mock fat people in your mind!!!!!!!

Bigot!

Shame this man!

#fellfortheruse
#Iplay4dchessbitch
#floghawg
#ban?

Poet
09-15-2020, 01:42 AM
Pouty ho, you mean, like the one that shoves his own coaches away when they try to coach him? (Per Andy Lindall).

If Bolles put his hands on a coach he should be cut and Denver should have tried to take every dollar back that they could. **** that. You can't put your hands on coaches.

Simple Jaded
09-15-2020, 01:44 AM
If Bolles put his hands on a coach he should be cut and Denver should have tried to take every dollar back that they could. **** that. You can't put your hands on coaches.

He throws a hissyfit and shoves his coach away, per Andy Lindall on Altitude, he used to work for the Broncos.

Poet
09-15-2020, 01:46 AM
He throws a hissyfit and shoves his coach away, per Andy Lindall on Altitude, he used to work for the Broncos.

**** him, then.

slim
09-15-2020, 01:47 AM

This post reminds me of Cugal

Hawgdriver
09-15-2020, 01:48 AM

Cugal helps improve vaginal muscles and provides text!

Simple Jaded
09-15-2020, 11:07 AM

Bullshit, Lindall is on Altitude, totally different.

Simple Jaded
09-15-2020, 11:08 AM
I am boycotting this thread until you guys start saying things I like about Fangio.

elsid13
09-15-2020, 01:00 PM
Worth the watch?

yes

elsid13
09-15-2020, 01:04 PM

Arthur Smith, OC from Tenn? Able to take Shanahan system and add the power run game to it.

Poet
09-15-2020, 01:06 PM
Arthur Smith, OC from Tenn? Able to take Shanahan system and add the power run game to it.

Fangio will end up deserving at least a third season.

I just wish he would live up to this 'death by inches' mantra, because we bled all over the place, via inches yesterday.

But I also appreciate how good the defense was.

elsid13
09-15-2020, 01:33 PM
Fangio will end up deserving at least a third season.

I just wish he would live up to this 'death by inches' mantra, because we bled all over the place, via inches yesterday.

But I also appreciate how good the defense was.

I'm not sure. IF Elway is here yes, if Elway gone Vic might be gone.

Poet
09-15-2020, 01:38 PM
I'm not sure. IF Elway is here yes, if Elway gone Vic might be gone.

I'm presuming that Elway stays. If we get a new boss then they're going to want a new HC.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
09-15-2020, 03:42 PM
I'm presuming that Elway stays. If we get a new boss then they're going to want a new HC.

Want to call people retards?

Start with this horse faced dumb ass **** who got and retains his job due to affirmative action.

Poet
09-15-2020, 03:48 PM

Start with this horse faced dumb ass **** who got and retains his job due to affirmative action.

I am confused to whom you are referring to?

Simple Jaded
09-15-2020, 08:50 PM

I don’t think “affirmative action” means what you think it means.

It’s ok, Canadians don’t know how to be jaded.

Hawgdriver
09-15-2020, 08:52 PM

Who's that?

elsid13
09-15-2020, 09:03 PM
Who's that?

I think we need a poll

LawDog
09-15-2020, 09:43 PM
I think the computer got left logged on to BF and the nephews are running amok.

Davii
09-16-2020, 11:18 PM
I think the computer got left logged on to BF and the nephews are running amok.

It's affirmative, action was taken. Therefore, affirmative action?

underrated29
09-17-2020, 09:46 AM
He must be talking about the leader of men and how he now has a job as DC for some team. Cards?

Or he is talking about Shannon Sharpe.

Buff
09-17-2020, 11:42 AM
He's talking about Elway and he meant nepotism not affirmative action.

You're welcome.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-17-2020, 01:39 PM
He's talking about Elway and he meant nepotism not affirmative action.

You're welcome.

Did Elway hire someone in his family? Did I miss something? I do love how the fact that Fangio didn’t call timeouts to save time for an improbable comeback, Gordon fumbled deep in our own territory, Lock misfired on some deep passes (but still was a 66% completion passer with a TD and no picks, BTW), and Jeudy dropped 2 drive killing first downs is somehow Elway’s fault.

Geez, you can see the talent that Elway is putting on the field. Jeudy is a legit star in the making, Fant is becoming a beast, Sutton was a home run, Lindsay was a hidden gem, and Lock has all the tools and attitude to develop into our long term QBOTF - but yeah, horse face Elway sucks... you know he doesn’t actually suit up anymore on Sundays, right? He’s also not the goddamned coach. He’s given Fangio and the staff everything they need to be successful. It’s out of his hands now.

elsid13
09-17-2020, 01:56 PM
Did Elway hire someone in his family? Did I miss something? I do love how the fact that Fangio didn’t call timeouts to save time for an improbable comeback, Gordon fumbled deep in our own territory, Lock misfired on some deep passes (but still was a 66% completion passer with a TD and no picks, BTW), and Jeudy dropped 2 drive killing first downs is somehow Elway’s fault.

Geez, you can see the talent that Elway is putting on the field. Jeudy is a legit star in the making, Fant is becoming a beast, Sutton was a home run, Lindsay was a hidden gem, and Lock has all the tools and attitude to develop into our long term QBOTF - but yeah, horse face Elway sucks... you know he doesn’t actually suit up anymore on Sundays, right? He’s also not the goddamned coach. He’s given Fangio and the staff everything they need to be successful. It’s out of his hands now.

I would argue that he hasn't fixed the LT position yet.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-17-2020, 02:33 PM
I would argue that he hasn't fixed the LT position yet.

Fair enough. How many sacks came off the left side on Monday night? I wonder if all the unemployed by any NFL teams draft and FA experts could’ve actually “fixed” the problem. Outside of Sutton we were devoid of any real talent at the receiver position. Well, not anymore. He went out and bought the best Oline coach money could buy trying to salvage Bolles. It’s not like he’s just ignoring the problem. Overpaying for a mediocre LT that really isn’t any better than Bolles and is old enough to be a grandpa isn’t going to fix shit.

NightTrainLayne
09-17-2020, 02:51 PM
Did Elway hire someone in his family? Did I miss something?

Not that I know of.

Buff pretty consistently uses the word "nepotism" when he really means "cronyism".

Buff
09-17-2020, 02:56 PM
Not that I know of.

Buff pretty consistently uses the word "nepotism" when he really means "cronyism".

I see you have once again erred in your attempts to correct me. ;)

nep·o·tism

the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

Hawgdriver
09-17-2020, 03:03 PM
Oh shit. It's on now.

Shazam!
09-17-2020, 03:41 PM
I just know this learning in the job shit with fang and earlier with VJ is terrible.

slim
09-17-2020, 04:25 PM
Oh shit. It's on now.

My money is on NTL

BroncoJoe
09-17-2020, 04:40 PM
Fair enough. How many sacks came off the left side on Monday night?

/Bowles Bashing

#zerosacks
#zeropenalties

(in honor of King)

underrated29
09-17-2020, 04:46 PM
Sometimes there is no other way around it. Have to learn on the fly. As long as you learn, if so I have no problem with it.

underrated29
09-17-2020, 04:47 PM
/Bowles Bashing

#zerosacks
#zeropenalties

(in honor of King)

Saw a fun stat today.

Drew lock has only been sacked 5 times in his 6 games. Ties for an NFL record!
They can take their flaccos, bradys, wilson, watson and murrays and shove them in the ground! Wait, they already have been!

Shazam!
09-17-2020, 05:08 PM
Sometimes there is no other way around it. Have to learn on the fly. As long as you learn, if so I have no problem with it.

Even in year 2?

BroncoJoe
09-17-2020, 05:11 PM
Even in year 2?

6 games, dude. New OC and QB coaches. Bunch of new offensive players too.

MOtorboat
09-17-2020, 05:19 PM
I just know this learning in the job shit with fang and earlier with VJ is terrible.

There’s only 32 head coaching jobs in the NFL. There is no other way to do it but learn on the fly, or recycle retread shit.

Shazam!
09-17-2020, 06:01 PM

There’s only 32 head coaching jobs in the NFL. There is no other way to do it but learn on the fly, or recycle retread shit.

Many others would have managed the clock better

MOtorboat
09-17-2020, 06:19 PM
Many others would have managed the clock better

They have. And many will continue to manage it poorly. Andy Reid is an awful late-game time manager. He’s a fantastic coach. I think the encouraging thing, though, is that instead of make poor excuses or make up some farcical “strategy” to explain it away. He acknowledged that he screwed up. That said, the late, close losses is a concern as that trend last year continued Monday.

elsid13
09-17-2020, 06:51 PM
/Bowles Bashing

#zerosacks
#zeropenalties

(in honor of King)

There almost no holding calls across the entire league on Sunday. No refs called a tight game due to the lack of preseason.

NightTrainLayne
09-18-2020, 07:49 AM
I see you have once again erred in your attempts to correct me. ;)

Merriam-Webster isn't so broad with their definition:

Definition of nepotism
: favoritism (as in appointment to a job) based on kinship
accused the company of fostering nepotism in promotions

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nepotism

Poet
09-19-2020, 03:19 PM
NTL wins.

JPPT1974
09-19-2020, 06:38 PM
Hey it is the first game of the season. Chill guys!

Poet
09-19-2020, 06:45 PM
There almost no holding calls across the entire league on Sunday. No refs called a tight game due to the lack of preseason.

Sorry, this argument still doesn't work. You cannot assume that he would have given up a sack because he's played well recently. And he played well against Clowney.

Hawgdriver
09-19-2020, 06:49 PM
So far so good with Bolles.

AgentOrange
09-19-2020, 07:02 PM
So far so good with Bolles.

Jinx

Poet
09-19-2020, 07:05 PM
Jinx

Nah.

He was bad. Real bad.

But he was literally playing with the worst QB's in the league, and they did him no favors.

He finally got someone who could play. And that someone was a rookie. A rookie. And Bolles instantly got better. No more sacks because the QB held onto the ball too long. Suddenly a mistake he makes does not automatically translate into a sack because we were helpless at QB.

He's average as shit.

And that's not great. But it's also not...awful.

It's average.

SmilinAssasSin27
09-20-2020, 05:14 PM
We need 2 new OTs.

elsid13
09-20-2020, 05:20 PM
We need 2 new OTs.

Yeah and maybe a QB.

SmilinAssasSin27
09-20-2020, 05:37 PM
Yeah and maybe a QB.

I like the kid. I like the future of our interior OL. I love our skill positions. We don't have anyone that matters at OT beyond 2020...or right now in the opinions of some. But you don't pass on Lawrence if it gets to that.

elsid13
09-20-2020, 05:51 PM
I like the kid. I like the future of our interior OL. I love our skill positions. We don't have anyone that matters at OT beyond 2020...or right now in the opinions of some. But you don't pass on Lawrence if it gets to that.

It going to be interesting, if Denver is in the position to draft Lawrence

MIZZOUMAN
09-20-2020, 05:55 PM
we need 2 new ots.

bad

Broncoknight30
09-20-2020, 06:42 PM
Has Bolles looked that bad? Not to me.

Elevation inc
09-21-2020, 10:42 AM

We cant afford to cut James next year his salary is rolling for next year since he was a opt out. Most of us said this though that OT was a glaring weakness on this team. It sucks we didn't address it this year. With Sutton going down though I'm am stoked we have some talent with Jeudy and Hamler now, cause Hamilton and Patrick are bums......well maybe Patrick is okay as a 4th or 5th....

UnderArmour
09-21-2020, 02:00 PM
I'm giving Fangio a mulligan on this year as long as the team doesn't quit on him. 2 games in and Miller and Sutton done. Bouye out 3 games minimum. Lock out 3-7 games. Jones out 4-6 weeks.

I want to see:
-The defense be able to actually force turnovers
-Lock continue his development (when he's able to return)
-OLine continue to develop, especially in the run game.

These injuries are so frustrating.

dogfish
09-21-2020, 07:26 PM
I'm giving Fangio a mulligan on this year as long as the team doesn't quit on him. 2 games in and Miller and Sutton done. Bouye out 3 games minimum. Lock out 3-7 games. Jones out 4-6 weeks.

I want to see:
-The defense be able to actually force turnovers
-Lock continue his development (when he's able to return)
-OLine continue to develop, especially in the run game.

These injuries are so frustrating.

giant vagina juwann james, too. . .

the expectation meter for this season has obviously been re-set. . .

dogfish
09-21-2020, 07:32 PM
We cant afford to cut James next year his salary is rolling for next year since he was a opt out. Most of us said this though that OT was a glaring weakness on this team. It sucks we didn't address it this year. With Sutton going down though I'm am stoked we have some talent with Jeudy and Hamler now, cause Hamilton and Patrick are bums......well maybe Patrick is okay as a 4th or 5th....

they can't afford to cut him-- but they can't afford to count on him for anything, either. . . the "we'll play with 4 OLs and a traffic cone" strategy isn't a viable backup plan, as we're seeing quite clearly this year. . . not to mention, bolles' contract is also up at the end of this season. . . elway's gonna have to make a choice between seriously investing in the position, or continuing to watch all the rest of his pricey offensive toys generate a shitty return on investment. . .

nevcraw
09-21-2020, 08:07 PM
Agreed on Vic. He gets sloppy wet pass on this year. But I do want To see improved game management and Elway should force him to get a clock watcher and analytics guy.

Simple Jaded
09-23-2020, 02:53 PM

Holding calls were down 78% from week 1 of 2019.

Bolles is getting a ton of help from backs and TE’s too, which is as it should be ... cause he’s still just Garett Bolles.

Poet
09-23-2020, 02:55 PM

Bolles is getting a ton of help from backs and TE’s too, which is as it should be ... cause he’s still just Garett Bolles.

I've seen Whitworth get chips, dawg.

The only elite LT I've never seen get chip blocks from time to time was Prime Pace/...Jones.

Simple Jaded
09-23-2020, 03:06 PM
I've seen Whitworth get chips, dawg.

The only elite LT I've never seen get chip blocks from time to time was Prime Pace/...Jones.

They all get help, that’s not debatable, the problem is when the OC can’t run his offense the way he’d like because of fatal flaws in personnel.

dogfish
09-23-2020, 03:15 PM

correct (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/16/nfl-officials-cut-way-down-on-holding-flags-in-week-one/#comments). . . i suspect that the league office wasn't interested in seeing an unwatchable flag-fest, and the officials were instructed accordingly. . . i do think bolles has been adequate to this point, but he sure as hell isn't anything special. . . we'll see how the rest of the year plays out, but they're going to have to invest more in the position next year. . . james is worthless, wilkinson is a backup guard, and bolles is going to be a free agent. . . either elway's going to finally get serious about having some quality OT play, or we're all going to be sitting here, bitching about how lock and shurmur "aren't getting the job done". . .

#Science

Poet
09-23-2020, 03:23 PM
correct (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/16/nfl-officials-cut-way-down-on-holding-flags-in-week-one/#comments). . . i suspect that the league office wasn't interested in seeing an unwatchable flag-fest, and the officials were instructed accordingly. . . i do think bolles has been adequate to this point, but he sure as hell isn't anything special. . . we'll see how the rest of the year plays out, but they're going to have to invest more in the position next year. . . james is worthless, wilkinson is a backup guard, and bolles is going to be a free agent. . . either elway's going to finally get serious about having some quality OT play, or we're all going to be sitting here, bitching about how lock and shurmur "aren't getting the job done". . .

#Science

Hold on....just...hold on....

He does well against Clowney.

He holds his own against the defense being touted as the best pass rush in the league.

And that's not more than adequate?

In week one Bolles was good. So why would Bolles be the reason why we would be bitching? I get your point - that LT is important so if you have a poor one you get whomped. I get it. But he played well and the offense was up and down. I'm not advocating for Wilk. That man is sorry. I don't even think he's good enough to be a backup.

Poet
09-23-2020, 03:24 PM
They all get help, that’s not debatable, the problem is when the OC can’t run his offense the way he’d like because of fatal flaws in personnel.

Your position is fair. I don't see Bolles being the fatal flaw stopping the offense, though.