PDA

View Full Version : Death by Inches

Poet
01-10-2019, 06:40 PM
Elway spoke about Fangs interview and the concept of death by inches. That you take an inch, a mistake, and you keep messing up and those inches add up. He promised Elway that his program will not have death by inches. Elway was impressed by Fangs' take on discipline, and I think he should have been.

It feels refreshing to have that type of insight. Something poignant, succinct, and fresh.

Poet
01-10-2019, 06:41 PM
I like this hire a little more every hour. :D

Tned
01-10-2019, 06:44 PM
Watching the presser now. Next time you are 30 seconds late to a thread, King, I'm fining your ass!

Poet
01-10-2019, 06:47 PM
Watching the presser now. Next time you are 30 seconds late to a thread, King, I'm fining your ass!

:salute:

BroncoJoe
01-10-2019, 06:48 PM
I love this dude. I think he's exactly what the Broncos needed. Now, let's see who the coordinators are...

Tned
01-10-2019, 06:49 PM
I really liked what I heard during the presser. Sounds like he can be a real leader of men.

LawDog
01-10-2019, 06:58 PM
All the comments so far have been player-focused in terms of teaching fundamentals, discipline, accountability, etc. I sincerely hope Fangio has that same standard with the coaching staff - and holding them accountable for their responsibilities.

aberdien
01-10-2019, 07:00 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/JovialPlumpArgentineruddyduck-size_restricted.gif

Poet
01-10-2019, 07:04 PM
Death by Inches...

Balance on offense not just being a pure run to pass analysis, but balance in regards to how you approach deep passing, intermediate, short, etc.

This does not sound like a man who is scared of innovation, and there is a sea and ocean even, of coaches who are. This is a man who talked about innovating a defense to keep up with the offense.

This is an actual coach and I don't have to try to convince myself with that rah-rah-intangibles nonsense.

This is why he was my plan B if we didn't go the other route.

I...I am most pleased.

Poet
01-10-2019, 07:07 PM
All the comments so far have been player-focused in terms of teaching fundamentals, discipline, accountability, etc. I sincerely hope Fangio has that same standard with the coaching staff - and holding them accountable for their responsibilities.

I think he does. With such an emphasis on teaching, there is a bit of a presumption that the teachers must be accountable. I do understand your point, though. Sometimes an explicit statement is the best.

Tned
01-10-2019, 07:31 PM
Death by Inches...

Balance on offense not just being a pure run to pass analysis, but balance in regards to how you approach deep passing, intermediate, short, etc.

This does not sound like a man who is scared of innovation, and there is a sea and ocean even, of coaches who are. This is a man who talked about innovating a defense to keep up with the offense.

This is an actual coach and I don't have to try to convince myself with that rah-rah-intangibles nonsense.

This is why he was my plan B if we didn't go the other route.

I...I am most pleased.

I liked his answer on balanced offense. Guess he and Kube's is going to have a talk about not running the same play action passes over and over, without even running the ball or throw the ball short of the sticks 100% of the time.

Poet
01-10-2019, 07:37 PM
I liked his answer on balanced offense. Guess he and Kube's is going to have a talk about not running the same play action passes over and over, without even running the ball or throw the ball short of the sticks 100% of the time.

Man, you and I...on Kubiak...Tned...we are aligned. I'm remaining optimistic because Elway is interested in some college offenses, so we should get a fresh take there.

Tned
01-10-2019, 07:41 PM
Man, you and I...on Kubiak...Tned...we are aligned. I'm remaining optimistic because Elway is interested in some college offenses, so we should get a fresh take there.

Now if Kubiak can just convince Elway to trade with the Vikings for NTB, Kube's what be in good shape.

MOtorboat
01-10-2019, 07:56 PM
Sayings are fun when you win, dumb when you lose.

Just win games.

Poet
01-10-2019, 08:00 PM

Just win games.

Death by inches...describes your killer wit very well.

MOtorboat
01-10-2019, 08:06 PM

That’s what she said.

Tned
01-10-2019, 08:08 PM

Damn, we are totally aligned now, like Bennifer or Brangelina or Kimye (clearly you have the big butt and I have the larger than life online personality).

Poet
01-10-2019, 08:11 PM
Damn, we are totally aligned now, like Bennifer or Brangelina or Kimye (clearly you have the big butt and I have the larger than life online personality).

oOooOoOOOOoOoOh Yeaaaah

nevcraw
01-10-2019, 09:16 PM

1 out of three of those wonderful unions hasn’t completely imploded in front of the world. I like Your chances.

BroncoWave
01-10-2019, 09:17 PM

Just win games.

No surviving!

aberdien
01-10-2019, 09:25 PM
1 out of three of those wonderful unions hasn’t completely imploded in front of the world. I like Your chances.

I just like that it's the one you'd least expect that has lasted the longest!

Dapper Dan
01-10-2019, 09:29 PM
Has no one brought up the epic speech from Any Given Sunday?

Tned
01-10-2019, 09:40 PM
Has no one brought up the epic speech from Any Given Sunday?

I'm more of a replacement's guy. Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever...

Poet
01-10-2019, 09:40 PM
I've never seen either of those movies.

Tned
01-10-2019, 09:42 PM
I've never seen either of those movies.

You're dead to me, Kim!!!

Poet
01-10-2019, 09:45 PM
You're dead to me, Kim!!!

Oh Kanyeezy, you're getting mad too eaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy.

LawDog
01-10-2019, 09:48 PM

Just win games.

Yeah, no more dumb ass t-shirt slogans. Just do your ******* job guys.

Tned
01-10-2019, 09:51 PM

Ironic, I saw that on a tee shirt.

Poet
01-10-2019, 09:55 PM

It was a nice moment in a season otherwise depressing or shitty. Let me have this, you monster. :laugh:

Dapper Dan
01-10-2019, 10:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b7bgtu2O4E

Dapper Dan
01-10-2019, 10:06 PM
I'm more of a replacement's guy. Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever...

Awesome movie as well.

Tned
01-10-2019, 10:06 PM
Who else thinks coach was tapping the mother and daughter?