PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Broncos News

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2019, 01:07 PM
Mike Klis
‏Verified account @MikeKlis
12m12 minutes ago

Pats DC Brian Flores has head coach interviews with four teams -- Green Bay, Miami, Cleveland and Broncos. He'll have two interviews Friday night and two interviews Saturday (one with Broncos). Flores' tough-love coaching style has Elway interested. #9sports

Mike Klis
31m31 minutes ago

Broncos have signed WR Fred Brown to futures contract; also safety Shamarko Thomas to futures contract; plus practice squaders QB Garrett Grayson; OT Andreas Knappe; LB Alexander Johnson, CB Linden Stephens to futures. #9sports

Mike Klis
34m34 minutes ago

Mike Klis Retweeted Paul Kuharsky

Broncos have Chuck Pagano today, Rams QB coach Zac Taylor tomorrow; Pats DC Brian Flores on Monday; Bears DC Vic Fangio on Monday. There's your five interviews. #9sports

MOtorboat
01-02-2019, 02:35 PM
Mike Klis
12m12 minutes ago

Pats DC Brian Flores has head coach interviews with four teams -- Green Bay, Miami, Cleveland and Broncos. He'll have two interviews Friday night and two interviews Saturday (one with Broncos). Flores' tough-love coaching style has Elway interested. #9sports

Mike Klis
31m31 minutes ago

Broncos have signed WR Fred Brown to futures contract; also safety Shamarko Thomas to futures contract; plus practice squaders QB Garrett Grayson; OT Andreas Knappe; LB Alexander Johnson, CB Linden Stephens to futures. #9sports

Mike Klis
34m34 minutes ago

Mike Klis Retweeted Paul Kuharsky

Broncos have Chuck Pagano today, Rams QB coach Zac Taylor tomorrow; Pats DC Brian Flores on Monday; Bears DC Vic Fangio on Monday. There's your five interviews. #9sports

The fifth is Munchak. I was confused for a minute.

https://twitter.com/paulkuharskynfl/status/1080514120850567170?s=21

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2019, 02:37 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Broncos have signed 10 players to future contracts, including seven who were on their practice squad at the end of the season, the team announced Wednesday.

Quarterback Garrett Grayson, wide receiver Chad Hansen, linebacker Alexander Johnson, defensive end Caushaud Lyons, running back Khalfani Muhammad, guard Austin Schlottmann and cornerback Linden Stephens will officially return to the roster when the league year begins on March 13. Andreas Knappe, who finished the season on the practice squad/injured reserve list, also signed a future contract.

Joining them are former Broncos safety Shamarko Thomas, who appeared in six games for Denver in 2018, and first-year wide receiver Fred Brown, who most recently was a member of the Rams' practice squad. Over eight preseason games with the Rams in 2018 and the Colts in 2017, Brown recorded 20 catches for 189 yards and a touchdown.

rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/broncos-sign-10-players-to-future-contracts-2018

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2019, 07:06 PM
Troy Renck
‏Verified account @TroyRenck
22m22 minutes ago

So @PFF delivered its final #NFL QB rankings. #Broncos Keenum ranked 24th, ahead of Allen, Darnold, Mullens, Manning, Bortles, Trubisky, Jackson, Rosen and Tannehill. #Denver7

MOtorboat
01-02-2019, 07:09 PM
Troy Renck
22m22 minutes ago

So @PFF delivered its final #NFL QB rankings. #Broncos Keenum ranked 24th, ahead of Allen, Darnold, Mullens, Manning, Bortles, Trubisky, Jackson, Rosen and Tannehill. #Denver7

Huh? Ok?

Poet
01-02-2019, 07:17 PM
Huh? Ok?

He beat out five rookies.

I'm wondering by how much.

Davii
01-02-2019, 08:20 PM
He beat out five rookies.

I'm wondering by how much.

Probably not much.

Two ways to look at it:

A) Keenum is so bad he only beat out rookies and shite QB's

B) Those guys were so bad they couldn't beat out Keenum.

Both are true.

Poet
01-02-2019, 08:22 PM
Probably not much.

Two ways to look at it:

A) Keenum is so bad he only beat out rookies and shite QB's

B) Those guys were so bad they couldn't beat out Keenum.

Both are true.

I would imagine that is both true.

I think what's hidden in there is projections outward.

Good post. I give it four out of five MrRibs.

Davii
01-02-2019, 08:26 PM
I would imagine that is both true.

I think what's hidden in there is projections outward.

Good post. I give it four out of five MrRibs.

McRibs are shite, so is a lower score better?

Poet
01-02-2019, 08:37 PM
McRibs are shite, so is a lower score better?

You!

aberdien
01-02-2019, 08:51 PM
King needs some tough loving, Elway.

https://usatpatriotswire.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/usatsi_10560427.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Poet
01-02-2019, 08:59 PM
Pass on the Patriots coordinator tree.

Davii
01-02-2019, 09:12 PM
Pass on the Patriots coordinator tree.

He's young! Exciting!

:lol:

Poet
01-02-2019, 09:14 PM
He's young! Exciting!

:lol:

He's not exciting. So very not exciting. I don't think he's really good. Youth is just one part of the equation, which I've stated a million times.

Strawmanning machine, Davii's so lean. Also...little known fact...a dancing queen!

Hawgdriver
01-02-2019, 09:18 PM
Sounds about right.

Freyaka
01-02-2019, 09:21 PM
Sounds like if we were to hire Chuck Pagano, he'd hire his brother John as defensive coordinator. Don't know much about John or his accomplishments.

Simple Jaded
01-02-2019, 10:04 PM
Sounds like if we were to hire Chuck Pagano, he'd hire his brother John as defensive coordinator. Don't know much about John or his accomplishments.

John is the DC that gave PFM fits for years.

Poet
01-02-2019, 10:20 PM
Y'all remember Gamechanger, the Colts fan? Great guy. Great mind. Great poster. He is of the opinion that Pags was really screwed by the GM and that to hire him wouldn't be awful.

Davii
01-02-2019, 10:28 PM
Y'all remember Gamechanger, the Colts fan? Great guy. Great mind. Great poster. He is of the opinion that Pags was really screwed by the GM and that to hire him wouldn't be awful.

I don't remember him. Pagano wouldn't be my first choice but I wouldn't get hammered if it happened.

Ok. I would. But not BECAUSE it happened.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-02-2019, 10:36 PM
King needs some tough loving, Elway.

https://usatpatriotswire.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/usatsi_10560427.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

He looks like he’s about to go steal somebody’s happy meal.

Simple Jaded
01-02-2019, 11:55 PM
I don't remember him. Pagano wouldn't be my first choice but I wouldn't get hammered if it happened.

Ok. I would. But not BECAUSE it happened.

:beer:

Simple Jaded
01-02-2019, 11:58 PM
Maybe the key to getting a Cheatriot worth a shit is to get him before he’s been there too long and the undeserving arrogance permeates their entire existence.

Freyaka
01-03-2019, 09:20 AM

Wouldn't be surprising to me. That team is a trainwreck in the front office and Irsay is a drunk/coke fiend....

Davii
01-03-2019, 09:40 AM
Maybe the key to getting a Cheatriot worth a shit is to get him before he’s been there too long and the undeserving arrogance permeates their entire existence.

Too late then, Flores has been there his entire career. 14 years at this point. Longer than McLoser had when he showed his ass here.

Valar Morghulis
01-03-2019, 10:27 AM
John is the DC that gave PFM fits for years.

I have always been surprised he never got more attention for HC opportunities - i loved his D in San Diego

Freyaka
01-03-2019, 10:49 AM
i loved his D

I don't doubt this.

Freyaka
01-03-2019, 10:53 AM
@MikeKlis Regarding Gary Kubiak’s role with Broncos: Elway never did say offensive coordinator. Given stress/demand of that role, it could be more logical for Kubiak to have a senior/broad offensive coach role. Elway is intrigued by new/college offensive concepts.

Wonder if we'll see Zac Taylor as our OC and Kubiak just have an offensive assistant coach type roll. It's too early to give Taylor a HC job, but I'd be on board with an OC role, especially if he brings some form of that Rams offense with him.

HC C. Pagano
OC Zac Taylor
DC J. Pagano

Denver Native (Carol)
01-03-2019, 11:04 AM
Mike Klis
1h1 hour ago

Talked to Broncos president Joe Ellis. He is meeting privately w/candidates separate from group session. It's clear hire is Elway decision. He's leading group interview sessions with top deputy Matt Russell, football admin Mark Thewes and PR boss Patrick Smyth in room. #9sports

Mike Klis
12h12 hours ago

Mike Klis Retweeted Mike Klis

Heard Chuck Pagano made strong impression today with Broncos John Elway-led HC search committee. Confident and detailed. He's gotta chance. On to Zac Taylor in Calif THU, then Mike Munchak in DEN on FRI, Brian Flores in NE-area on SAT, Vic Fangio in Chicago-area Monday. #9sports

NightTrainLayne
01-03-2019, 11:26 AM
I am really intrigued by Vic Fangio. He's the guy I'm pulling for out of the list so far.

aberdien
01-03-2019, 11:34 AM
He looks like he’s about to go steal somebody’s happy meal.

https://media.giphy.com/media/LEGScgCUFt5Ek/giphy.gif

Denver Native (Carol)
01-03-2019, 12:11 PM
Troy Renck
47m47 minutes ago

Reminder: #Broncos will interview Rams QB coach Zac Taylor today (he could also be viewed as OC), #Steelers Mike Munchak on Friday, #Patriots DC Brian Flores on Saturday and #Bears DC Vic Fangio on Monday. #Denver7
7 replies 6 retweets 24 likes

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-03-2019, 12:42 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/LEGScgCUFt5Ek/giphy.gif

Well done Abe.

BeefStew25
01-03-2019, 12:43 PM
Troy Renck
47m47 minutes ago

Reminder: #Broncos will interview Rams QB coach Zac Taylor today (he could also be viewed as OC), #Steelers Mike Munchak on Friday, #Patriots DC Brian Flores on Saturday and #Bears DC Vic Fangio on Monday. #Denver7
7 replies 6 retweets 24 likes

2 young and hungrys and 2 old and crustys.

Shazam!
01-03-2019, 01:01 PM
I am really intrigued by Vic Fangio. He's the guy I'm pulling for out of the list so far.

Why

Poet
01-03-2019, 01:17 PM
Hmmm

Elevation inc
01-03-2019, 01:35 PM

I am actually a fan of Pagano and if he did bring his brother I'm okay with that as well. I see no reason why Pagano wouldn't be a good hire, the dude has proven he can lead his team to win. His GM at the time was also horrible and as I have mentioned before and king just mentioned as well, he had zero OL and defense given to him by said GM....Yes he had luck, but does that mean that any coach with a good QB now sucks because they owe it only to the QB, I don't think so. I am actually just fine with Pagano and his brother if he comes as well. It would really make me happy if Kubiak or Taylor were OC as well. We need aggressiveness on offense.....and we needto go back to our 3-4, press man dog alluded to. For me the biggest coaching problems in Denver even more then VJ were Musgrave and woods....

Elevation inc
01-03-2019, 01:41 PM

Yeah I wouldn't cry if it was him either. I don't think taylor is ready, I really don't want flores (but he could be a wildcard dude looks like he is ready to hulk smash lol), I really think they are only interviewing him though cause of the Rooney rule change. If the rule hadn't change I wouldn't have been surprised to see woods get a interview to check a box.....

For me its Pagano, Fangio, Flores, Munchak, Taylor in that order.....but I'm just a message board warrior...lol

OrangeHoof
01-03-2019, 03:49 PM
Troy Renck
22m22 minutes ago

That seems to cover practically every option at QB we had last spring except Mayfield (who, in retrospect, we had no shot for) and Cousins (who was cost-prohibitive and couldn't get Minny into the playoffs after Keenum had done so the year before). No, that's not to say it was good just that most of the choices were worse.

Northman
01-03-2019, 03:55 PM
The other thing about that list is that all of those QB's didnt play a full season like Keenum did. They all either started later in the year or missed games, got benched, etc so that would affect the stats as well.

Simple Jaded
01-03-2019, 04:06 PM
That seems to cover practically every option at QB we had last spring except Mayfield (who, in retrospect, we had no shot for) and Cousins (who was cost-prohibitive and couldn't get Minny into the playoffs after Keenum had done so the year before). No, that's not to say it was good just that most of the choices were worse.
This is absurd, literally any of those QB’s are an upgrade.

Poet
01-03-2019, 04:08 PM

The thing about rookies is that they improve, often. If Keenum isn't a better option long term, and better barely, short term, then a team that wasn't really a contender is better off with which?

NFL franchises don't operate in a one year bubble.

nevcraw
01-03-2019, 04:41 PM
From Klis —-

Regarding Gary Kubiak role with Broncos: Elway never did say offensive coordinator. Given stress/demand of that role, it could be more logical for Kubiak to have a senior/broad offensive coach role. I also know Elway is intrigued by new/college offensive concepts. #9sports

Simple Jaded
01-04-2019, 06:05 AM
The thing about rookies is that they improve, often. If Keenum isn't a better option long term, and better barely, short term, then a team that wasn't really a contender is better off with which?

NFL franchises don't operate in a one year bubble.

This one does.

GEM
01-04-2019, 07:12 AM
@MikeKlis Regarding Gary Kubiak’s role with Broncos: Elway never did say offensive coordinator. Given stress/demand of that role, it could be more logical for Kubiak to have a senior/broad offensive coach role. Elway is intrigued by new/college offensive concepts.

Wonder if we'll see Zac Taylor as our OC and Kubiak just have an offensive assistant coach type roll. It's too early to give Taylor a HC job, but I'd be on board with an OC role, especially if he brings some form of that Rams offense with him.

HC C. Pagano
OC Zac Taylor
DC J. Pagano

If he's intrigued with college style exciting offenses, kubes shouldn't be oc. I love kubes, but not going to pretend that his offense isn't stagnant and boring. Stable for sure, but if we're looking to liven it up and get with today's nfl, that's not the answer.

Jsteve01
01-04-2019, 08:10 AM

HC C. Pagano
OC Zac Taylor
DC J. Pagano

If he's intrigued with college style exciting offenses, kubes shouldn't be oc. I love kubes, but not going to pretend that his offense isn't stagnant and boring. Stable for sure, but if we're looking to liven it up and get with today's nfl, that's not the answer.

Amen!

Freyaka
01-04-2019, 11:22 AM

Kubes offense is compatible with college style offenses (see the Rams/Niners) both are derivatives of Kubiak's scheme. If we were to bring in someone like Taylor to be the coordinator with Kubes as the Assistant Offensive coach, we could very easily marry what Kubes does to what Taylor brings to the table.

People are way too hung up on this "stagnant and boring" notion...

Davii
01-04-2019, 11:41 AM
Kubes offense is compatible with college style offenses (see the Rams/Niners) both are derivatives of Kubiak's scheme. If we were to bring in someone like Taylor to be the coordinator with Kubes as the Assistant Offensive coach, we could very easily marry what Kubes does to what Taylor brings to the table.

No they're not. We need to hire young! It's the new way! It worked elsewhere!

I truly hate that notion, in everything. Just because something worked before doesn't mean it will again. Same goes with "getting the band back together".

Sure, it worked for SB 50, doesn't mean it will for SB 55.

Just because Drew Brees is a badass doesn't mean we should draft short QB's from Purdue in the second round. Just because Tom Brady is glad doesn't mean we should focus our search on late round QBs. And just because some young coaches are acquitting themselves very well doesn't mean we need a young coach or should even make that a consideration.

Just, please, hire the RIGHT guy. Whether he's 35 or 75, make sure it's the right man for the job.

GEM
01-04-2019, 11:58 AM

When one of your best players comes out and says your team is stale and needs life....listen. I just don't see new and creative from Kubes. Sorry. Psssst....Kubes wasn't running the offense for Manning's all star offense. When Kubes came in is when the offense started to fall flat on their face. The key word in your post is derivatives...meaning Kubes didn't do the things that make it new and exciting or college wrinkles. The things that Elway is intrigued by.

BeefStew25
01-04-2019, 12:01 PM
Young and hungry. Let’s hire King.

Davii
01-04-2019, 12:03 PM
Young and hungry. Let’s hire King.

King isn't young enough. He's hungry though. I'd hire him.

BeefStew25
01-04-2019, 12:05 PM

Plus he can help PR spin propaganda.

Freyaka
01-04-2019, 01:04 PM

I truly hate that notion, in everything. Just because something worked before doesn't mean it will again. Same goes with "getting the band back together".

Just because Drew Brees is a badass doesn't mean we should draft short QB's from Purdue in the second round. Just because Tom Brady is glad doesn't mean we should focus our search on late round QBs. And just because some young coaches are acquitting themselves very well doesn't mean we need a young coach or should even make that a consideration.

Just, please, hire the RIGHT guy. Whether he's 35 or 75, make sure it's the right man for the job.

When one of your best players comes out and says your team is stale and needs life....listen. I just don't see new and creative from Kubes. Sorry. Psssst....Kubes wasn't running the offense for Manning's all star offense. When Kubes came in is when the offense started to fall flat on their face. The key word in your post is derivatives...meaning Kubes didn't do the things that make it new and exciting or college wrinkles. The things that Elway is intrigued by.

Kubiak is going to have a hand in the offense, ya'll best get used to that lol. It's pretty much been reported everywhere and Elway's basically said it.

From the way Klis makes it sound, Kubiak is going to an assistant head coach, we'll have a true offensive coordinator as well. The OC is where the innovation will be coming from. You can get the "young and fresh" you crave from the OC while still having Kubiak involved in gameplaning, and having a hand in developing the scheme with the OC.

Freyaka
01-04-2019, 01:05 PM

But what does being hungry for McRibs get us?

Poet
01-04-2019, 01:20 PM

No one is arguing you have to hire young. The argument is more that it's a plus. No one's blindly saying it's woring now so it will work for us. But, if you have one guy who could be the guy who is young, vs one that's old, going young seems pretty obvious.

OrangeHoof
01-04-2019, 01:46 PM
I would be glad that Kubiak isn't the OC of the Broncos. I remember his play calling with the Texans was so predictable I could announce to people around me what the play was and be correct with about 80% accuracy. It usually went:

1st down: run between left guard and left tackle.
2nd down: run between left guard and left tackle or pass into the flat
3rd down: pass not far enough downfield for the first down but hoping the receiver breaks a tackle and picks up the first down on his own. This was the Andre Johnson specialty.

His one variation of that was the "slow white guy reverse" where he sent a slow white receiver around end thinking it would catch the defense off guard. It sure did but there was still plenty of time for the defense to react and catch the receiver for a minimal gain.

It must be noted that he didn't win a Super Bowl until Peyton Manning was around to be the true play caller.

Love Kubes but I would not want the play calling back in his hands.

Tbolt
01-04-2019, 01:59 PM
You guys really have a wrong impression about Kubiak. He never really had a QB in Houston yet made Matt Schaub look like a Franchise QB for a little bit. Manning had fallen completely apart when he got here, and we won a SB with the shell of Manning and Brosweiler at QB. Then we went 9-7 and a blown MNF call away from being back in the playoffs with a 7th round flyer who had never thrown an NFL pass.

What Kubiak does is call a game to minimize his players weaknesses while playing to their strengths. He is very good at 'coaching up' players.

Shazam!
01-04-2019, 02:09 PM
Kubiak is Bill Walsh compared to anything we've seen in 2 years. Guy was great in Denver in whatever he was doing. All the hate i dont understand.

GEM
01-04-2019, 02:11 PM
Kubiak is going to have a hand in the offense, ya'll best get used to that lol. It's pretty much been reported everywhere and Elway's basically said it.

From the way Klis makes it sound, Kubiak is going to an assistant head coach, we'll have a true offensive coordinator as well. The OC is where the innovation will be coming from. You can get the "young and fresh" you crave from the OC while still having Kubiak involved in gameplaning, and having a hand in developing the scheme with the OC.

No one said we aren't prepared for it. It is what it is. I just stated that Elway being intrigued with a college style offense and Kubiak don't mix.

GEM
01-04-2019, 02:12 PM
Kubiak is Bill Walsh compared to anything we've seen in 2 years. Guy was great in Denver in whatever he was doing. All the hate i dont understand.

I prefaced it with I love Kubes, love him. But I don't love his offense in today's NFL. :shrugs: He's great for stability, which we absolutely need, but don't expect a high octane offense. Between Kubes and Case, it isn't going to happen.

Nomad
01-04-2019, 02:19 PM
Why would Kubiak come back to coaching? I thought he left the stress of coaching because of health reasons.

Northman
01-04-2019, 02:22 PM
I understand the concern that people have with Kubes but for me it really isnt about Kubes its about the message being sent from the FO. On one hand they keep saying they want to win "now" and on the other they say they need to be forward thinking yet a lot of their coaching moves dont point to that. If they want to be forward thinking than get a young fresh mind (one that is innovative, not in the VJ mold) and build the team around that coach. But if they are in it to win it now than maybe going the Pagano/Kubes direction is whats needed but then you need to start signing vets again to lead the youngins. Its like shit or get off the pot already but go and find a identity that isnt conflicting.

Northman
01-04-2019, 02:23 PM
Why would Kubiak come back to coaching? I thought he left the stress of coaching because of health reasons.

Probably the same reason why players play to long, they just love it.

Nomad
01-04-2019, 02:25 PM
Probably the same reason why players play to long, they just love it.

So that means....Urban Meyer will be back. :D

Northman
01-04-2019, 02:27 PM
So that means....Urban Meyer will be back. :D

Dont be shocked.

Freyaka
01-04-2019, 03:33 PM
I prefaced it with I love Kubes, love him. But I don't love his offense in today's NFL. :shrugs: He's great for stability, which we absolutely need, but don't expect a high octane offense. Between Kubes and Case, it isn't going to happen.

I expect an improvement on offense. Case will play better in a Kubes system. Been saying that for awhile now. Case is very, very similar to Plummer. Not great in the pocket, doesn't have the greatest arm strength. If you let them throw 40 times in a game, you're probably going to lose. Both excel at play action passes and are at their strongest when throwing from outside the pocket.

With both Plummer and Case, they need a strong run game that is leaned upon heavily to setup what they do best (PA, and rollout).

Freyaka
01-04-2019, 03:34 PM

Head coaching stress is a hell of a lot different from the stress of coordinating. He was fine as a coordinator in baltimore, the issues kicked up again when he was back as a head coach.

NightTerror218
01-04-2019, 04:03 PM
I expect an improvement on offense. Case will play better in a Kubes system. Been saying that for awhile now. Case is very, very similar to Plummer. Not great in the pocket, doesn't have the greatest arm strength. If you let them throw 40 times in a game, you're probably going to lose. Both excel at play action passes and are at their strongest when throwing from outside the pocket.

With both Plummer and Case, they need a strong run game that is leaned upon heavily to setup what they do best (PA, and rollout).

Doesn't the rams and 49ers run a versions of the west coast offense that Kubiak runs?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-04-2019, 04:13 PM
Doesn't the rams and 49ers run a versions of the west coast offense that Kubiak runs?

Ssh, don’t tell anyone.

Poet
01-04-2019, 04:17 PM

Sort of - The Rams run the ball more and prefer larger offensive lineman. They also run some different running plays like the Jets sweep.

GEM
01-04-2019, 04:44 PM

Puke on the comparison of Plummer to Case. No, just no. Maybe a slum and homeless poor man's Plummer.

Freyaka
01-04-2019, 05:19 PM

I've been tooting that horn, but no one seems to like that answer... So because it's not the popular answer, no they don't. But in reality, yes, they do.

Freyaka
01-04-2019, 05:21 PM
Puke on the comparison of Plummer to Case. No, just no. Maybe a slum and homeless poor man's Plummer.

Your bias towards Plummer and against Keenum makes you feel that way. Watch 2017 case, then go watch Plummer. It's a very accurate comparison. I loved Plummer, but he's basically Case Keenum with a coordinator who knows how to maximize his strengths while minimizing his weaknesses. Their skillset and playstyle are extremely similar.

Plummer would be a slum and homeless poorman's version of himself with Bill Musgrave as his offensive coordinator.

wayninja
01-04-2019, 05:22 PM
Troy Renck
22m22 minutes ago

On what planet was Keenum better than Trubisky?

Northman
01-04-2019, 05:27 PM
Your bias towards Plummer and against Keenum makes you feel that way. Watch 2017 case, then go watch Plummer. It's a very accurate comparison. I loved Plummer, but he's basically Case Keenum with a coordinator who knows how to maximize his strengths while minimizing his weaknesses. Their skillset and playstyle are extremely similar.

Plummer would be a slum and homeless poorman's version of himself with Bill Musgrave as his offensive coordinator.

Actually as much as i didnt care for Plummer he is worlds better than Keenum and its not even close. Plummer took a bad Cardinals team to the playoffs something that Keenum has never done. Keenum lucked out in one year, thats it. Nothing more, nothing less. If fact, i will throw it out there that had Keenum remained in Minny this past year with the way the Oline and Defense played at times they would not even have 6 wins behind Keenum. He's that bad.

Northman
01-04-2019, 05:28 PM
On what planet was Keenum better than Trubisky?

He's not.

The problem with these stats is that they have considered that a majority of the players he is "ahead" of didnt play a full season for one reason or another.

Freyaka
01-04-2019, 05:31 PM
Actually as much as i didnt care for Plummer he is worlds better than Keenum and its not even close. Plummer took a bad Cardinals team to the playoffs something that Keenum has never done. Keenum lucked out in one year, thats it. Nothing more, nothing less. If fact, i will throw it out there that had Keenum remained in Minny this past year with the way the Oline and Defense played at times they would not even have 6 wins behind Keenum. He's that bad.

Plummer was better because he had better coaching. IMO 2017 Keenum was on part with Plummer. You are looking at this as me lessening plummer, all I'm saying is that they are similar players and with similar coaching, you will see a vast improvement in 2019.

Not enough to by any means make Keenum "the guy" but enough that we can score 4-5 more points per game on average, make the playoffs and one and done. He'll be a step up. We're still going to need a QB, but Kubiak's offense will improve Keenum enough to make it a very slightly less pressing need.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-04-2019, 05:33 PM

Yeah, they just aren’t the same. Plummer actually threw accurately on the run, Keenum can scramble, but he doesn’t throw accurately when he does.

Additionally, Plummer has a neck, an important piece of the anatomy that Keenum lacks.

wayninja
01-04-2019, 05:34 PM
Yeah, they just aren’t the same. Plummer actually threw accurately on the run, Keenum can scramble, but he doesn’t throw accurately when he does.

Additionally, Plummer has a neck, an important piece of the anatomy that Keenum lacks.

From the athletic perspective, Plummer > Keenum and it's not close. But let's not pretend that Plummer was an 'accurate' passer. The dude was a pick machine!

Northman
01-04-2019, 05:36 PM
Plummer was better because he had better coaching. IMO 2017 Keenum was on part with Plummer. You are looking at this as me lessening plummer, all I'm saying is that they are similar players and with similar coaching, you will see a vast improvement in 2019.

Not enough to by any means make Keenum "the guy" but enough that we can score 4-5 more points per game on average, make the playoffs and one and done. He'll be a step up. We're still going to need a QB, but Kubiak's offense will improve Keenum enough to make it a very slightly less pressing need.

I disagree but to each their own. Keenum is bad, just bad and nothing more than a one year wonder.

Freyaka
01-04-2019, 05:40 PM

That's not correct.... That's about the only time Keenum can throw accurately. Keenum statistically is one of the best QB's when forced out of the pocket, he's one of the worst inside the pocket. Plummer was the exact same way. At one point in his career, when outside the pocket, Plummers numbers were comparable to Peyton Manning's at the time, inside the pocket he was not good..... If you look at almost all of Keenum's interceptions this year, they came from in the pocket.

You can't sustain success if you are only effective outside the pocket, that was the problem jake had, that's the problem Keenum will have during his tenure here, but with better coaching we can limp along with that in the same way we did with jake.

Freyaka
01-04-2019, 05:42 PM
I disagree but to each their own. Keenum is bad, just bad and nothing more than a one year wonder.

He might not be, but his best statistical year, the Vikings used him exactly like I'm suggesting we'll use him with Kubiak (granted, it's a different scheme, but still run heavy with lots of play action and rollouts) because that's who he is as a QB, he's not a pocket passer AT ALL and we tried to force him into that all year.

Freyaka
01-04-2019, 05:43 PM
And to be VERY clear, I want a different QB. I'm not content with keenum even a little bit. Just making my observations.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-04-2019, 05:44 PM
Mike Klis
5h5 hours ago

Von Miller made second team All Pro at both LB and edge rusher. Split his own vote! #9sports

Mike Klis
8h8 hours ago

Broncos assistant coaches drawing some interest include OL coach Sean Kugler and LB coach Reggie Herring. However, they are under contract with Broncos through 2019 and new head coach will have first dibs. #9sports

Mike Klis
8h8 hours ago

I do feel like this search is way more wide open than Broncos previous head coach searches. This 5-candidate group has a little bit of everything that Elway likes.
1. Experience
2. Being around high performing team standards
3. New offensive concepts

Northman
01-04-2019, 05:44 PM
That's not correct.... That's about the only time Keenum can throw accurately.

I tried googling for hist stats on this, do you have anything on hand that proves this? A majority of the time when Keenum rolled out he either threw it out of bounds or missed his targets from what i saw. There has to be a stat on this somewhere but i dont know where to find it.

Freyaka
01-04-2019, 05:45 PM
I tried googling for hist stats on this, do you have anything on hand that proves this? A majority of the time when Keenum rolled out he either threw it out of bounds or missed his targets from what i saw. There has to be a stat on this somewhere but i dont know where to find it.

It came up a lot middle of the season. I'll have to go back and dig it up, but it was a statistic that was brought up a lot on twitter mid-year before he finally settled down and stopped throwing as many picks.

Simple Jaded
01-04-2019, 05:45 PM
They’re both West Coast offenses, he’s never played in any other system in his 40 years as an NFL backup.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-04-2019, 05:46 PM
From the athletic perspective, Plummer > Keenum and it's not close. But let's not pretend that Plummer was an 'accurate' passer. The dude was a pick machine!

He was, from the pocket. His stats were stupid good outside the pocket, Aaron Rodgers-esque. Inside the pocket he may have been the worst QB in the league. They key to beating Plummer was to keep him in the pocket. He couldn’t hit the Oline in the ass in the pocket. On the run outside the pocket though, he’d drop a 20 yard dime to an outbreaking receiver.

That was his #1 weakness. He sucked in the pocket. If the defense could stay home and guard against the bootleg, Plummer was hot garbage. That’s why he got replaced.

Simple Jaded
01-04-2019, 05:48 PM
It came up a lot middle of the season. I'll have to go back and dig it up, but it was a statistic that was brought up a lot on twitter mid-year before he finally settled down and stopped throwing as many picks.

Seems to me that he stopped throwing picks when the Broncos stopped pretending he’s a QB, he was throwing for less than 200 yards a game, averaging a pedestrian 4 yards per attempt and magically his Int’s stopped.

Until, that is, until VJ challenged his manhood publicly, then the Int’s/fumbles/ sacks skyrocketed again.

Freyaka
01-04-2019, 05:49 PM

This is the best I can find at the moment, but it isn't saying what I'm saying. This was mid-season after 10 picks. It is referencing that he isn't getting out of the pocket, but it doesn't say what percentage of his picks were inside the pocket. It may have been something that was mentioned live on-air during one of our games.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/30/john-elway-doesnt-seem-to-be-troubled-by-case-keenums-10-interceptions/

Simple Jaded
01-04-2019, 05:51 PM
Broncos fans!

Hey!

Did I hear this correctly, Case Keenum threw a backwards pass on 3rd and 30?

Northman
01-04-2019, 05:51 PM
Here is a good article on Case before the Vikings went into the post season last year.

https://zonecoverage.com/2018/vikings/hasan-despite-stats-keenum-is-a-liability-heading-into-postseason/

Simple Jaded
01-04-2019, 05:52 PM
Here is a good article on Case before the Vikings went into the post season last year.

https://zonecoverage.com/2018/vikings/hasan-despite-stats-keenum-is-a-liability-heading-into-postseason/

He was downright pathetic in the postseason.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-04-2019, 05:53 PM
Troy Renck
1h1 hour ago

#Broncos should complete interview with #Steelers Mike Munchak in a few hours. They head to Providence to talk with #Patriots Brian Flores on Saturday followed by #Bears Vic Fangio on Monday in Chicago. #Denver7

Davii
01-04-2019, 07:43 PM
No one is arguing you have to hire young. The argument is more that it's a plus. No one's blindly saying it's woring now so it will work for us. But, if you have one guy who could be the guy who is young, vs one that's old, going young seems pretty obvious.

The only reason it's a plus is because they're young. Reid, Carroll, Payton, BB, etc. There is just as much innovation coming from old as there is young.

Try harder.

Poet
01-04-2019, 07:44 PM
The only reason it's a plus is because they're young. Reid, Carroll, Payton, BB, etc. There is just as much innovation coming from old as there is young.

Try harder.

I don't care for your condescending tone.

No. It's a plus because we're seeing a lot of younger coaches coming into the league and being innovators. What's Carroll innovated recently? Payton was innovating when he became a HC, which you left out.

The flaw in your argument is that you listed great coaches who innovate, right? Well, that ignores who you think is more likely to do that. We see plenty of veteran HCs get a job, again, and don't innovate. We are also seeing fresh ideas and approaches from younger head coaches.

Davii
01-04-2019, 07:48 PM

You're comparing 2017 Keenum instead of his entire career Keenum with entire career Plummer. Keenum's ceiling is not far above Jake's average. Jake's ceiling was much higher.

Davii
01-04-2019, 07:53 PM
I don't care for your condescending tone.

No. It's a plus because we're seeing a lot of younger coaches coming into the league and being innovators. What's Carroll innovated recently? Payton was innovating when he became a HC, which you left out.

The flaw in your argument is that you listed great coaches who innovate, right? Well, that ignores who you think is more likely to do that. We see plenty of veteran HCs get a job, again, and don't innovate. We are also seeing fresh ideas and approaches from younger head coaches.

VJ was young. So innovative.... right?

An older coach is just as likely to innovate. Payton is still innovating. Shanahan ran a bunch of RPO with RG3, as do the Panthers, etc.

There is no less innovation with older coaches simply your biased age discrimination

Poet
01-04-2019, 07:56 PM
VJ was young. So innovative.... right?

An older coach is just as likely to innovate. Payton is still innovating. Shanahan ran a bunch of RPO with RG3, as do the Panthers, etc.

There is no less innovation with older coaches simply your biased ageism.

Wrong - no one called him innovative. I said more likely to be innovative. You wanna keep playing around and misrepresenting my arguments?

No. Some coaches are going to keep innovating. Yet we see a glut of coaches now who are young innovate. I understand that you think you're making some grand moral statement by defending the honor of old coaches, but this is laughable.

I mean, if you want me to link you a bunch of studies about how older minds are less likely to be flexible, try new things, etc. I can certainly do that.

Davii
01-04-2019, 07:59 PM
Wrong - no one called him innovative. I said more likely to be innovative. You wanna keep playing around and misrepresenting my arguments?

No. Some coaches are going to keep innovating. Yet we see a glut of coaches now who are young innovate. I understand that you think you're making some grand moral statement by defending the honor of old coaches, but this is laughable.

I mean, if you want me to link you a bunch of studies about how older minds are less likely to be flexible, try new things, etc. I can certainly do that.

Ok, so on a list of all 32 coaches who would you say is young?

Of those name the innovators.

Same for the rest, aka old.

I bet you'll find very similar numbers. It's a flawed perception.

I'm not saying to actually do this, just saying if you did I bet that's what you would find.

Poet
01-04-2019, 08:05 PM
Ok, so on a list of all 32 coaches who would you say is young?

Of those name the innovators.

Same for the rest, aka old.

I bet you'll find very similar numbers. It's a flawed perception.

I'm not saying to actually do this, just saying if you did I bet that's what you would find.

Yes, it's a flawed perception that seems to be a trend that NFL front offices are following. Moreover, even if you are right, which I doubt, those who innovate are likely to be taken and keep their jobs. So, who do you think is going to innovate more, the older coach that is available, or the young upstart?

aberdien
01-04-2019, 08:21 PM
Here are some facts:

Sean Payton - 55, HC since 2006
Andy Reid - 60, HC since 1999
Sean McVay - 32, HC since 2017
Bill Belichick - 66, HC 1991-1995, since 2000
Anthony Lynn - 50, HC since 2017
Matt Nagy - 40, HC since 2018
John Harbaugh - 56, HC since 2008
Bill O'Brien - 49, HC since 2014
Pete Carroll - 67, HC 1994, since 2010
Frank Reich - 57, HC since 2018
Jason Garrett - 52, HC since 2011
Doug Pederson - 50, HC since 2016

So of the playoff head coaches:

-8/12 HC 50 or older
-3/12 retreads
-8/12 first time head coaches
-6/12 hired in the last 5 years
-9/12 made their names as offensive coaches
-4/12 under 6 feet tall
-11/12 white

Make what you will with this information. What it tells me is we need to hire a tall, white, offensive minded coach who has never been a HC before. The facts don't lie.

aberdien
01-04-2019, 08:34 PM
For more fun, here is last year's playoff head coaches:

Ron Rivera - 56, HC since 2011 (DC)
Sean Payton - 55, HC since 2006 (OC)
Dan Quinn - 48, HC since 2015 (DC)
Sean McVay - 32, HC since 2017 (OC)
Sean McDermott - 44, HC since 2017 (DC)
Doug Marrone - 54, HC 2014-2015, since 2017 (OC)
Mike Mularkey - 57, HC 2016-2017 (OC)
Andy Reid - 60, HC since 1999 (OC)
Bill Bilichick - 66, HC 1991-1995, since 2000 (DC)
Mike Tomlin - 46, HC since 2007 (DC)
Doug Pederson - 50, HC since 2016 (OC)
Mike Zimmer - 62, HC since 2014 (DC)

-8/12 HC 50 or older
-3/12 retreads
-7/12 hired in the last 5 years
-6/12 made their names as offensive coaches
-?/12 under 6 feet tall
-11/12 white

Poet
01-04-2019, 08:40 PM
Reid started as a HC when he was 42, IIRC. Payton was in his early 40's. No more retreads, no more old men unless there's a rare innovator there. Get someone young. someone in touch with the players. Someone who isn't set in their ways. Someone with vision. If one of those rare old guys with those abilities is there, get him. But, more likely to find that in a younging.

Shazam!
01-04-2019, 08:47 PM
Reid started as a HC when he was 42, IIRC. Payton was in his early 40's. No more retreads, no more old men unless there's a rare innovator there. Get someone young. someone in touch with the players. Someone who isn't set in their ways. Someone with vision. If one of those rare old guys with those abilities is there, get him. But, more likely to find that in a younging.

You mean like Josh McDaniels right? Or a leader of men like Vance Joseph?

We need a Fox hire again like 2011. Someone for fundamentals as HC.

Young innovator for OC im all for. But IMO need a proven guy who could turn this team into a playoff contender again.

Poet
01-04-2019, 08:51 PM
You mean like Josh McDaniels right? Or a leader of men like Vance Joseph?

We need a Fox hire again like 2011. Someone for fundamentals as HC.

Young innovator for OC im all for. But IMO need a proven guy who could turn this team into a playoff contender again.

McDaniels is innovative. His issues weren't there. No one ever called VJ innovative. Not all youngins will be innovative. Not all.

We need someone to develop a QB. All coaches should be able to cover the fundamentals.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-04-2019, 09:40 PM
What do the 2 “young, successful, offensive minded whiz kids” that King loves (Nagy and McVay, because really they’re it) have in common? Old, successful DCs who can provide counsel and guidance. You don’t think Wade and Fangio have a huge influence on their HCs?

Gonna be interesting to see Fangio leave for a HC job and watch the Bears and their 22nd ranked, yet innovative, offense go 6-10 next year when the defense takes a huge step back. Or when Wade leaves (as are the rumors) and the Rams miss the playoffs next year.

Davii
01-04-2019, 09:44 PM
Yes, it's a flawed perception that seems to be a trend that NFL front offices are following. Moreover, even if you are right, which I doubt, those who innovate are likely to be taken and keep their jobs. So, who do you think is going to innovate more, the older coach that is available, or the young upstart?

Depends on the individual. The age has zero bearing.

Davii
01-04-2019, 09:47 PM
What do the 2 “young, successful, offensive minded whiz kids” that King loves (Nagy and McVay, because really they’re it) have in common? Old, successful DCs who can provide counsel and guidance. You don’t think Wade and Fangio have a huge influence on their HCs?

Gonna be interesting to see Fangio leave for a HC job and watch the Bears and their 22nd ranked, yet innovative, offense go 6-10 next year when the defense takes a huge step back. Or when Wade leaves (as are the rumors) and the Rams miss the playoffs next year.

I wouldn't be against a young inexperienced guy if he's the right one and we also have some former HC experience in coordinators.

I think either prove experience at HC (minimum of success as coordinator) with young coordinators OR young HC with proven experience at coordinators (previous HC experience preferred)

HORSEPOWER 56
01-04-2019, 10:30 PM
I wouldn't be against a young inexperienced guy if he's the right one and we also have some former HC experience in coordinators.

I think either prove experience at HC (minimum of success as coordinator) with young coordinators OR young HC with proven experience at coordinators (previous HC experience preferred)

I wouldn’t be against it, either. The problem is, our track record with young and trendy is shit. McDouche and VJ. Worst coaches in Broncos history. Now I’m supposed to believe that Taylor or Lefleur or Flores, whoever the flavor of the week position coach or one year coordinator is, is gonna come in here and do better because they’re “innovative”? No, the guys they worked for are and now everyone expects McVay.

McVay’s shit works because the Rams got a good QB and great RB in the draft because they were shitty for so long, then spent a shitload of money buying and trading for the best team money could buy. Their whole offense and all their stud defenders except Donald are high priced FA mercenaries. Let’s see how “innovative” McVay is when his team self destructs under the weight of the cap hell they’re about to face. The Rams are all in on a Championship but it has to be now. They have 2 more years tops before that roster is Goff, Gurley, Donald, and nobody else of note. I hope they can get it done.

It’s more about talent than scheme in LA. If you can’t see that, you’re kidding yourself.

Poet
01-04-2019, 10:42 PM
Depends on the individual. The age has zero bearing.

Even if you think so, youth is dope because you can have the coach coach longer for you.

Also, the science of young minds vs. middle aged and older minds isn't with you on this.

GEM
01-04-2019, 11:32 PM

You act like I loved Plummer. :lol: He was a one trick pony who bootlegged better than most. Once teams figured defending the bootleg, he was less effective. So no, bias has nothing to do with it, case is just that bad.

Poet
01-04-2019, 11:51 PM
He was good enough to not be a bust in Arizona. That says something.

BeefStew25
01-05-2019, 12:02 AM
He was good enough to not be a bust in Arizona. That says something.

Imagine if he had a work ethic.

Poet
01-05-2019, 12:06 AM
Imagine if he had a work ethic.

If he was a NBA player, he'd be the type of guy Jordan would slap. Or, have Rodman slap, depending on height and weight.

BeefStew25
01-05-2019, 12:10 AM
If he was a NBA player, he'd be the type of guy Jordan would slap. Or, have Rodman slap, depending on height and weight.

He’s Sweet Pea Daniels.

Davii
01-05-2019, 02:35 AM
Even if you think so, youth is dope because you can have the coach coach longer for you.

Also, the science of young minds vs. middle aged and older minds isn't with you on this.

Your first statement has merit. Second... I don't agree. We're not taking about rocket science and high level mathematics.

Poet
01-05-2019, 02:41 AM
Your first statement has merit. Second... I don't agree. We're not taking about rocket science and high level mathematics.

Well, this actually isn't about that. Stephen Hawking didn't get worse at...his mathematical wizardry as he aged. Some judges get a lot better over time, too. Whether SCOTUS, or just a judge in family court, age isn't bad there. But, I'm referring to flexibility. Changing one's approach, etc.

Davii
01-05-2019, 04:53 AM
Well, this actually isn't about that. Stephen Hawking didn't get worse at...his mathematical wizardry as he aged. Some judges get a lot better over time, too. Whether SCOTUS, or just a judge in family court, age isn't bad there. But, I'm referring to flexibility. Changing one's approach, etc.

I know what you're talking about. I still don't agree with you and think your application is flawed. I get it though, I understand why you feel as you do.

I'm not saying hire a retread (but don't avoid them either), I'm just saying FOR ME coordinator experience is a requirement for my comfort level.

Davii
01-05-2019, 10:06 AM
Here are some facts:

Sean Payton - 55, HC since 2006
Andy Reid - 60, HC since 1999
Sean McVay - 32, HC since 2017
Bill Belichick - 66, HC 1991-1995, since 2000
Anthony Lynn - 50, HC since 2017
Matt Nagy - 40, HC since 2018
John Harbaugh - 56, HC since 2008
Bill O'Brien - 49, HC since 2014
Pete Carroll - 67, HC 1994, since 2010
Frank Reich - 57, HC since 2018
Jason Garrett - 52, HC since 2011
Doug Pederson - 50, HC since 2016

So of the playoff head coaches:

-8/12 HC 50 or older
-3/12 retreads
-6/12 hired in the last 5 years
-9/12 made their names as offensive coaches
-4/12 under 6 feet tall
-11/12 white

Make what you will with this information. What it tells me is we need to hire a tall, white, offensive minded coach who has never been a HC before. The facts don't lie.

:lol: that's awesome.

One more number...

-11/12 had coordinator or assistant head coach duties before becoming head coach.

The other, Harbaugh, ran special teams for 9 years.

Requiring coordinator experience as a prerequisite is a no brainer.

Rick
01-05-2019, 10:22 AM
Last time Kubes was an OC his team averaged 25.5 points per game in the regular season and 30.5 in the playoffs, with Flacco.

Everything went down hill with an old Manning and TS.

I think Kubes can still contribute.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-05-2019, 10:56 AM

Try harder.

Out of the 12 HC in the playoffs - there are 3 younger than 50 - O'Brien - 49, Nagy - 40, McVay - 32

Simple Jaded
01-06-2019, 12:45 AM
As long as the OC is from a more aggressive scheme it doesn’t matter how you go at HC, imo, and I’m inclined to believe the next HC has to be experienced.

Conversely, you can’t have a HC from an aggressive scheme but a Gary Kubiak at OC unless that HC is calling his own plays.

The benefit to going the experienced HC route is conceivably/theoretically being able to get better staff.

VonDoom
01-06-2019, 01:05 PM
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1081961434945339392?s=21

aberdien
01-06-2019, 01:08 PM
If you love him let him go.

Poet
01-06-2019, 01:08 PM
If you love him let him go.

We out of fresh ideas fam.

Valar Morghulis
01-06-2019, 01:11 PM
I don't like that - if he matters to the organization, make him feel indispensable, not a prisoner

Poet
01-06-2019, 01:12 PM
I don't like that - if he matters to the organization, make him feel indispensable, not a prisoner

He’s our backup plan. For all things.

MOtorboat
01-06-2019, 01:18 PM
[Scene: Small meeting room, Dove Valley complex. One light on, Gary Kubiak is seated at a medium-sized board table, John Elway and Joe Ellis stand between Kubiak and the door.]

Ellis, quietly: You like Denver, Gary. You played your whole career here. You won three Super Bowls here as a coach.

Kubiak [inaudible]: Mumbles.

John: You like Denver, Gary.

Kubiak [barely audible]: I like Denver.

[Silence]

Kubiak: Can I at least visit Texas?

Elway: If you’re good.

[Elway and Ellis exit]

[Scene]

Nomad
01-06-2019, 01:32 PM
Does Kubiak not agree with wanting to stay in Denver?

GEM
01-06-2019, 02:03 PM
John and Gary have been teammates and friends for over 30 years, kubes was elway's coordinator for a number of years, gm and coach/personnel for 4 years. I don't think John would be blocking if he and Gary haven't spoken in depth about it. If Gary wanted to move on , John wouldn't block that. It's been described just how close they are and always have been

Denver Native (Carol)
01-06-2019, 03:17 PM
As they wait to fill their head-coaching vacancy, the Denver Broncos have blocked other teams from trying to hire away former head coach Gary Kubiak as an offensive coordinator, league sources told ESPN.

Both the Atlanta Falcons and Cincinnati Bengals have requested permission to interview Kubiak, who currently works as a senior personnel adviser with the Broncos, for their offensive coordinator jobs.

AND

Kubiak would like to stay in Denver anyway, sources said.

rest - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25696938/denver-broncos-blocking-teams-interviewing-gary-kubiak-offensive-coordinator-openings

Nomad
01-06-2019, 03:19 PM
Perhaps Kubiak requested the Broncos do this so teams would stop calling.

aberdien
01-06-2019, 03:24 PM
Perhaps Kubiak requested the Broncos do this so teams would stop calling.

Why can't he come out and say so himself via a statement?

It looks lame the way they're doing it.

Nomad
01-06-2019, 03:29 PM

Don't know. I'm only guessing. I guess it doesn't matter, because Kubiak will remain a Bronco.

aberdien
01-06-2019, 03:31 PM
Don't know. I'm only guessing. I guess it doesn't matter, because Kubiak will remain a Bronco.

It just reminds me of a kid making his mom go out and tell his friends that he can't play instead of just saying "I don't wanna."

GEM
01-06-2019, 03:34 PM

Because they don't need to. They don't lead the team through the media or the fans.

Davii
01-06-2019, 03:56 PM

Is it possible he responded himself and declined but the team got involved on his behalf when more requests came?

GEM
01-06-2019, 03:59 PM
Did anyone else hear the comment from Zach on the Zack and Stokely show, he said at the press conference announcing VJ as the head coach, VJ was noticeably trembling. I was kind of shocked to hear that. Not sure how the Broncos thought he was ready for that stage.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-06-2019, 04:12 PM
Mike Klis
21m21 minutes ago

Smart move by Elway not letting ANY team talk to his asst coaches until new head coach evaluates holdover staff. It's about the Broncos.
Per league sources, Sean Kugler has drawn interest from multiple teams but Denver not letting any team talk to respected OL coach. #9sports

MOtorboat
01-06-2019, 04:15 PM
Mike Klis
21m21 minutes ago

Smart move by Elway not letting ANY team talk to his asst coaches until new head coach evaluates holdover staff. It's about the Broncos.
Per league sources, Sean Kugler has drawn interest from multiple teams but Denver not letting any team talk to respected OL coach. #9sports

Smart? I don’t know about that. It’s definitely a budget move.

LawDog
01-06-2019, 06:15 PM
Smart? I don’t know about that. It’s definitely a budget move.

Budget how? This take makes absolutely no sense.

MOtorboat
01-06-2019, 06:25 PM
Budget how? This take makes absolutely no sense.

Because if you fire any of the coaches you owe them their contract and then you’ll have to pay someone new. They’re hoping the new coach wants the old coaches is how I’m reading it, which I’m thoroughly against anyway. Let the coach hire his staff.

Davii
01-06-2019, 07:53 PM
Because if you fire any of the coaches you owe them their contract and then you’ll have to pay someone new. They’re hoping the new coach wants the old coaches is how I’m reading it, which I’m thoroughly against anyway. Let the coach hire his staff.

He does get to hire his staff, they're making sure he gets right of first refusal on people already under contract, not saying he must use them.

I also think we only have to pay them if they stay unemployed. If they get a job somewhere don't we make up the difference in pay, if any?

dogfish
01-06-2019, 08:52 PM
our position coaches, as a whole, did a great job this year. . . they were forced to play a tremendous amount of rookies and inexperienced guys, and for the most part they got production out of them. . . wasn't always pretty, but you can only expect so much when your roster's not special to begin with, and you're down to 3rd and 4th string guys at half your starting positions. . . a number of our position guys should be considered assets-- the organization protecting them is the smart thing to do. . . whoever the new coach is, i hope to hell he's bright enough to work with the useful tools that are on hand. . . both players and coaching staff. . . you want to replace the weakest parts, not ALL the parts. . . i certainly don't want a new guy to be forced to keep anyone he doesn't want, but i agree with davii that assuring him the first right of refusal is the proper approach. . . if we can maintain at least some semblance of continuity, it's an advantage-- particularly with such a young roster, and one that saw a lot of kids play well this past year. . .

MOtorboat
01-06-2019, 08:56 PM
He does get to hire his staff

Does he? Legit question, I’m not being facetious.

Simple Jaded
01-06-2019, 09:04 PM
If it’s the Bengals asking to interview Kubiak then **** yeah you block it.

Davii
01-06-2019, 09:11 PM
Does he? Legit question, I’m not being facetious.

The coaches Elway has hired so far put together their staff. Short of Elway saying he's going to choose all the coaches there is no reason to believe otherwise.

Rick
01-06-2019, 09:13 PM
I don't think the next coach will have 100% control.

I think he will get to choose on everyone but Kubes.

Kubes will be part of the offense no matter what.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-06-2019, 10:04 PM
If it’s the Bengals asking to interview Kubiak then **** yeah you block it.

Both the Atlanta Falcons and Cincinnati Bengals have requested permission to interview Kubiak, who currently works as a senior personnel adviser with the Broncos, for their offensive coordinator jobs.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25696938/denver-broncos-blocking-teams-interviewing-gary-kubiak-offensive-coordinator-openings

Davii
01-07-2019, 12:18 AM
I don't think the next coach will have 100% control.

I think he will get to choose on everyone but Kubes.

Kubes will be part of the offense no matter what.

We shall see.

As a coach or a consultant?

Rick
01-07-2019, 05:53 AM
As VJ would say "I'm not sure". Love those soundbites 104.3 throws in.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-07-2019, 04:19 PM
The Denver Broncos will have nine selections in the 2019 NFL draft, general manager John Elway confirmed last month. The team will have at least one pick in all seven rounds:

Round 1: Natural pick
Round 2: Natural pick
Round 3: Natural pick
Round 4: Natural pick
Round 4: Acquired from Texans
Round 5: Natural pick
Round 5: Acquired from Vikings
Round 6: Natural pick
Round 7: Acquired from Texans

The Broncos are not expected to receive any compensatory picks this year, according to projections from OverTheCap.com.

rest - https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/07/how-many-draft-picks-will-denver-broncos-have-in-2019-nfl-draft/

BeefStew25
01-08-2019, 12:23 AM
I saw natural pick and I thought of 70’s porn

turftoad
01-08-2019, 12:34 AM
I saw natural pick and I thought of 70’s porn

Of course you did! :D

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2019, 12:21 PM
ProFootballTalk
‏Verified account @ProFootballTalk

Injured Broncos RB @I_CU_boy (Phillip Lindsay) is going to the Pro Bowl, after all; he just told me that he'll serve as a social media correspondent for the NFL, and that the league is picking up the travel tab.

Mike Klis
20m20 minutes ago

Heard Broncos pushed behind the scenes with league to make this happen for the deserving Phillip Lindsay. Nice touch. #9sports

Simple Jaded
01-08-2019, 12:52 PM
Lame.

Phillip Lindsay made $480,000 for 5 months worth of work.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2019, 12:57 PM
Lame.

What's your point?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2019, 01:19 PM
It looks like Phillip Lindsay will be able to go to the 2019 Pro Bowl after all.

The NFL is reportedly going to pay his way to the game by “hiring” him as a social media correspondent. So, I guess that means he tweets a few times from the game and calls it good while his expenses are picked up by the league.

This looks like a creative workaround to bypass a league rule noting that teams cannot pay for players travel to the Pro Bowl (like, really?). The Denver Broncos quietly pushed the league hard to find a solution, so Lindsay could attend as the first undrafted offensive rookie ever to be selected to the Pro Bowl.

Lindsay finished with 1,037 yards rushing and 10 total touchdowns as a rookie.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/1/8/18173931/nfl-to-pay-phillip-lindsay-trip-to-2019-pro-bowl?utm_campaign=milehighreport&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

GEM
01-08-2019, 03:57 PM
Lame.

And performed better than guys making 10X that.

Poet
01-08-2019, 04:13 PM
https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/1/8/18174188/broncos-believed-to-be-leaning-towards-vic-fangio

I know it is posted elsewhere, but thought it was fitting to be here, also.

Simple Jaded
01-08-2019, 04:57 PM
And performed better than guys making 10X that.

Valid point for another debate, I’m just saying he could pay his own way.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2019, 04:59 PM
Nicki Jhabvala
‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala
3m3 minutes ago

The Selection Committee of the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame named Phillip Lindsay (@I_CU_boy) the Professional Athlete of the Year for 2018. He will be honored at Colorado Sports Hall of Fame's Induction and Awards Banquet on April 3.

Simple Jaded
01-08-2019, 04:59 PM
What's your point?

Is obvious, he’s not on food stamps and can pay his own way.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2019, 05:00 PM

So could every player selected, but that is not how it is done.

Poet
01-08-2019, 05:01 PM

Carol he's not mad that it happened, but he does think it's a tad bit silly that a guy making more money than brain surgeons was championed for a free travel expense. That's all.

Simple Jaded
01-08-2019, 05:04 PM
https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/1/8/18174188/broncos-believed-to-be-leaning-towards-vic-fangio

I know it is posted elsewhere, but thought it was fitting to be here, also.

Look at Fangio’s defenses over the years and tell me Todd Davis and Josey Jewell fit in any way/shape/form. This is a good thing.

Simple Jaded
01-08-2019, 05:06 PM

Apparently it is if Denver had to pressure the league into charity. I’m just saying the empathy for Lindsay is lame and I just want to watch the world burn.

Simple Jaded
01-08-2019, 05:07 PM
Can you imagine if Josh Rosen expected charity?

Poet
01-08-2019, 05:09 PM
Look at Fangio’s defenses over the years and tell me Todd Davis and Josey Jewell fit in any way/shape/form. This is a good thing.

Bro...Fangio loves ILB's who do Bowman, Willis, etc.

I would much rather Fangio over Munchak.

I will tell you this, though. I think it's Munchak. But this, if so, gives me hope.

“I think a lot of people don’t get in [goal-line personnel],” Munchak said. “I think because it’s big-on-big, and it’s not as easy as you think. Everyone wants to prove they can run it in from a yard out, and usually, it is easier to pass it from a yard out. I think you still have people in the goal-line formation and throw the ball more than they run it. The success rate is much higher throwing it than running it.”

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/11/26/Steelers-goal-line-offense-Mike-Munchak-Ben-Roethlisberger-james-conner/stories/201811260127

turftoad
01-08-2019, 05:26 PM
Fangio, then bring in Greg Williams for DC! I don't think he's getting the HC gig in Cleveland.

Poet
01-08-2019, 05:33 PM
Fangio, then bring in Greg Williams for DC! I don't think he's getting the HC gig in Cleveland.

We're too classy for that monster!

Simple Jaded
01-08-2019, 05:39 PM

Bring in Blake Williams, he’s his son and a rising DC candidate. He called plays once Greggggg was promoted to interim HC.

Simple Jaded
01-08-2019, 05:40 PM

There’s actually talk that the Browns prefer their OC over Greggggggg.

Simple Jaded
01-08-2019, 05:41 PM
Bro...Fangio loves ILB's who do Bowman, Willis, etc.

I would much rather Fangio over Munchak.

I will tell you this, though. I think it's Munchak. But this, if so, gives me hope.

“I think a lot of people don’t get in [goal-line personnel],” Munchak said. “I think because it’s big-on-big, and it’s not as easy as you think. Everyone wants to prove they can run it in from a yard out, and usually, it is easier to pass it from a yard out. I think you still have people in the goal-line formation and throw the ball more than they run it. The success rate is much higher throwing it than running it.”

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/11/26/Steelers-goal-line-offense-Mike-Munchak-Ben-Roethlisberger-james-conner/stories/201811260127

Bears drafted the best ILB in draft Top 10 last year.

I prefer Munchak but with an aggressive OC.

turftoad

Meh. That was years ago. He's a great DC. Brings a little fire, unlike our previous coaching staff.

GEM

Or his team could find a way to reward him as a good gesture.

Simple Jaded
01-08-2019, 05:45 PM
https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/player/33721/

This is who Fangio told the Bears he needed at ILB, dude had a huge Int vs Foles yesterday. He’s legit.

Simple Jaded
01-08-2019, 05:45 PM

True but you’d have to clear it with your capologist.

Poet
01-08-2019, 05:50 PM
Fangio and Roquan Smith give me hope. Alright, I wanted offense so badly but **** it! #Fiending4Fangio

Poet
01-08-2019, 05:50 PM

I don't mind this - I just remember the stupid gofundme thing and I can't separate the two.

Simple Jaded
01-08-2019, 05:54 PM
Fangio and Roquan Smith give me hope. Alright, I wanted offense so badly but **** it! #Fiending4Fangio

But hold on, the talk I’m hearing/reading is Kubiak won’t necessarily be OC, leaving the door open for an aggressive OC ... or one like Bears HC Nagy.

Simple Jaded
01-08-2019, 05:58 PM
I mean ... we already established that old white dudes can change, maybe Fangio doesn’t want Mark Malarkey to be his OC.

Poet
01-08-2019, 06:01 PM
But hold on, the talk I’m hearing/reading is Kubiak won’t necessarily be OC, leaving the door open for an aggressive OC ... or one like Bears HC Nagy.

Maybe if Zac Taylor can't get a job (he should get one) then he's the man.

GEM
01-08-2019, 06:05 PM

No, because the team didn't pay it. They found a way for it to be paid by someone else. They need to build as much good will with him as possible so that when the time comes, he stays a Broncos. It's good for both sides.

Simple Jaded
01-08-2019, 06:06 PM
Maybe if Zac Taylor can't get a job (he should get one) then he's the man.

Yeah he should get this OC job, he needs at least 2 seasons as OC. At which time the Broncos will be hyping Klint Kubiak as the Next Kliff Klingsbury.

Simple Jaded
01-08-2019, 06:08 PM
No, because the team didn't pay it. They found a way for it to be paid by someone else. They need to build as much good will with him as possible so that when the time comes, he stays a Broncos. It's good for both sides.

I’m just saying if Denver paid his way that’d go against the cap.

Unfortunately the Broncos don’t exactly do goodwill, but by then he’ll probably be damaged goods.

Poet
01-08-2019, 06:12 PM

I agree with this. It's nice to see Denver doing that.

Simple Jaded
01-08-2019, 06:17 PM
Barf

Poet
01-08-2019, 06:17 PM
Barf

Better this than Elway lying to players about being a Bronco. Be kinder, you ingrate!

Simple Jaded
01-08-2019, 06:24 PM
Better this than Elway lying to players about being a Bronco. Be kinder, you ingrate!

Born into darkness ... molded by it.

BroncoJoe
01-08-2019, 06:27 PM

Go back to it. Please.

Simple Jaded
01-08-2019, 06:52 PM
Go back to it. Please.

I never left it.

Simple Jaded
01-08-2019, 06:53 PM
Joe, for a minute there I was being absolutely positive ... it was exhausting.

Poet
01-08-2019, 06:57 PM

If you like Ohio you left the darkness but the darkness never left you.

Man, let's get ready for Fangio and some sweet ILB play.

Simple Jaded
01-08-2019, 07:00 PM
If you like Ohio you left the darkness but the darkness never left you.

Man, let's get ready for Fangio and some sweet ILB play.

It’s nice up there, good people (except for all the racists).

MOtorboat
01-08-2019, 07:08 PM

Short of a new contract, I don’t think there’s a legal way to do that.

MOtorboat
01-08-2019, 07:09 PM
Meh. That was years ago. He's a great DC. Brings a little fire, unlike our previous coaching staff.

Nah. He’s still a psycho.

Davii
01-08-2019, 07:09 PM

No. The team isn't paying it, the league is.

Simple Jaded
01-08-2019, 07:56 PM
No. The team isn't paying it, the league is.

I know, that was GEM’s idea.

Davii
01-08-2019, 07:57 PM

I see what you're saying now.

Simple Jaded
01-08-2019, 07:58 PM
I see what you're saying now.

It wouldn’t count enough against the cap to matter but it could get you in trouble if not reported.

GEM
01-09-2019, 11:24 AM
Short of a new contract, I don’t think there’s a legal way to do that.

They already did it, they championed the NFL to hire him as a social media person for the Pro Bowl.

Mike Klis
20m20 minutes ago

Heard Broncos pushed behind the scenes with league to make this happen for the deserving Phillip Lindsay. Nice touch. #9sports

They helped to reward him by talking to the people in control of the Pro Bowl.

GEM
01-09-2019, 11:24 AM

It wasn't my idea...it's what the Broncos did. Jesus, does anyone read?

BeefStew25
01-09-2019, 11:25 AM
It’s kinda like how Jerry Jones got Dak a Pepsi deal. I’m working on an arbys deal for King.

Poet
01-09-2019, 04:40 PM
It’s kinda like how Jerry Jones got Dak a Pepsi deal. I’m working on an arbys deal for King.

I'm just trying to feed my family, dammit! Feed them delicious roast beef and curly fries.

nevcraw
01-09-2019, 05:04 PM
I think I can Hook you up with that deal king. Arbys...

nevcraw
01-09-2019, 08:53 PM
They already did it, they championed the NFL to hire him as a social media person for the Pro Bowl.

Mike Klis
20m20 minutes ago

They helped to reward him by talking to the people in control of the Pro Bowl.

Am I the only one who gets super annoyed by Klis and his mouth firmly around Broncos junk. Just a tiny little pretend objectivity would refreshing.

OrangeHoof
01-09-2019, 09:11 PM
Most local sports reporters give you the point of view the team wants because the team and the media entity are in a business relationship. They're all there to keep the money flowing. ******** like Skip Bayless who hated the Cowboys while in Dallas are rare and he didn't stay a reporter for the Dallas paper for long.

MOtorboat
01-09-2019, 10:11 PM
Most local sports reporters give you the point of view the team wants because the team and the media entity are in a business relationship. They're all there to keep the money flowing. ******** like Skip Bayless who hated the Cowboys while in Dallas are rare and he didn't stay a reporter for the Dallas paper for long.

He worked in Dallas for 17 years. Shilling sells less, not more.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-10-2019, 11:02 PM
Mike Klis
36m36 minutes ago

Much focus on Kubiak but there’s other coordinator positions. Defensive coordinator Joe Woods is moving on (he has permission to interview with other teams and three are interested) but Tom McMahon is expected back as special teams coordinator. #9sports

dogfish
01-11-2019, 12:42 AM
i'm still hoping he brings ed donatell in the DC role. . . let it be written, let it be done!

Hawgdriver
01-11-2019, 12:53 AM
i'm still hoping he brings ed donatell in the DC role. . . let it be written, let it be done!

that would be sick!

Poet
01-11-2019, 12:55 AM
I'm just happy he's going to call the plays.

"They hired me because of my defense. So, they're going to get my defense."

Somewhere G_Money is smiling.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-11-2019, 02:10 PM
Arizona Cardinals
‏Verified account @AZCardinals

We have named Vance Joseph our defensive coordinator.

Mike Klis
19m19 minutes ago

Mike Klis Retweeted ig: josinaanderson

Broncos figure to get between $2M to $4M offset from $8M they would have otherwise owed Vance Joseph for final two years of his head coach contract. #9sports

Mike Klis
24m24 minutes ago

Joe Woods was with Vance Joseph in Phoenix last night so they could well be defensive package deal for Arizona Cardinals. Broncos beat Cards, 45-10 with two pick sixes in week 7 in Glendale this season. #9sports

HORSEPOWER 56
01-11-2019, 03:07 PM
Arizona Cardinals
‏Verified account @AZCardinals

We have named Vance Joseph our defensive coordinator.

Mike Klis
19m19 minutes ago

Mike Klis Retweeted ig: josinaanderson

Broncos figure to get between $2M to $4M offset from $8M they would have otherwise owed Vance Joseph for final two years of his head coach contract. #9sports

Mike Klis
24m24 minutes ago

Joe Woods was with Vance Joseph in Phoenix last night so they could well be defensive package deal for Arizona Cardinals. Broncos beat Cards, 45-10 with two pick sixes in week 7 in Glendale this season. #9sports

Those poor Cardinals... I actually feel bad for them. They don’t deserve this.

Freyaka
01-11-2019, 04:13 PM
1083832205674274817?s=19

So maybe I'm reading this wrong, but it sounds like rapport is suggesting we could end up landing munch on some capacity?

GEM
01-11-2019, 04:24 PM
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1083833447842488320

What does this even mean?

VonDoom
01-11-2019, 04:26 PM
Just started a new thread for this. Lots of discussion to come I’m sure

VonDoom
01-11-2019, 04:26 PM
1083832205674274817?s=19

So maybe I'm reading this wrong, but it sounds like rapport is suggesting we could end up landing munch on some capacity?

Seems like we want him as the OL coach and his contract is up in Pittsburgh. Would be a solid get in that capacity

Freyaka
01-11-2019, 04:38 PM
Seems like we want him as the OL coach and his contract is up in Pittsburgh. Would be a solid get in that capacity

Absolutely! Would have been an even more solid get if Kubiak was still going to be OC, but... ah well...

VonDoom
01-11-2019, 04:41 PM
Absolutely! Would have been an even more solid get if Kubiak was still going to be OC, but... ah well...

Nah, we’re good. Kubiak offense isn’t good anymore, especially with Dennison and his guys. Elway made the right call there. Interesting to see which way we go

GEM
01-11-2019, 04:49 PM
Just started a new thread for this. Lots of discussion to come I’m sure

I beat you to it. :D For once. :lol:

Freyaka
01-11-2019, 05:33 PM
1083852724431712257?s=19

I'm down with that. Best of both worlds, young and innovative, but still the same style offense.

chazoe60
01-11-2019, 05:37 PM
1083852724431712257?s=19

I'm down with that. Best of both worlds, young and innovative, but still the same style offense.

Is Mullens an option at QB (via trade obviously) if this guy ends up being the hire?

Freyaka
01-11-2019, 05:41 PM
Is Mullens an option at QB (via trade obviously) if this guy ends up being the hire?

I wouldn't want him as a starter, but maybe as a backup.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2019, 01:56 PM
NFL GameDay
‏Verified account @NFLGameDay
17m17 minutes ago

We asked former teammate @ESanders_10 what his opinion is on the @steelers and @AB84 situation 👀

See what he and the crew have to say about what’s going on in Pittsburgh
https://twitter.com/NFLGameDay

Ian Rapoport
‏Verified account @RapSheet
8m8 minutes ago

From @NFLGameDay: The #Steelers are going to get trade offers for Antonio Brown, and rival GMs predict they'll be able to at least get a 2nd rounder. The #Broncos are expected to be one of many teams interested.

Poet
01-12-2019, 02:06 PM
I'm not sure I want AB here.

I'm not sure I don't.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-12-2019, 02:25 PM
I do not

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2019, 02:33 PM
I do not

Agree, IMO, unless everything would go 100% his way, he would not be a good influence, especially for the young guys.

dogfish
01-12-2019, 02:47 PM
hard pass on AB. . . he's the guy you take a chance on when you have peyton manning as your QB, not gomer keenum. . . no point poisoning our locker room at this juncture. . . if they want to spend cash in free agency, go get CJ mosley to fill the middle of the defense, and find me a second corner. . .

Poet
01-12-2019, 02:53 PM
I couldn't hate adding the best player at his position. But...it would take a massive attitude change from AB to make it worth something. And that dude is on another level.

Mosley would be great, but I think Baltimore is going to move heaven and earth to keep him. They might even franchise tag him.

tomjonesrocks
01-12-2019, 05:05 PM
AB makes no sense catching intermediate passes with Keenum. None.

Does Mr. locker room cancer / “I need my touches” want to play with a rookie QB?

Has to be a crock of shit.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2019, 12:23 PM
Nicki Jhabvala
‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala
1h1 hour ago

One phase of Broncos’ coaching staff done: Special teams coordinator Tom McMahon & asst. sp. teams coach Chris Gould officially returning. Focus now on offense (still hoping for Munchak on O-line, Modkins likely back for RBs) and then defense (Woods, Robertson, Williams gone).

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2019, 02:39 PM
When new Broncos coach Vic Fangio conducts organized team activities this spring, tight end Jake Butt wants to be on the field following completion of his third ACL rehabilitation.

“I’ll be here all offseason rehabbing and at the very least I’ll be fully healthy for (training) camp,” Butt said. “I’m progressing and I have goals – I want to at least be doing something during OTAs. I feel really good.”

Butt had eight catches for 85 yards in the first three games of the 2018 season, but tore his left ACL for the first time in practice on Sept. 27.

rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2019/01/13/nfl-journal-broncos-te-jake-butt-crushing-rehabilitation-from-third-acl-tear/

Poet
01-13-2019, 02:45 PM
This guy goes to rehab so much you'd think he was an addict.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2019, 03:59 PM
Mike Klis
28m28 minutes ago

With Vance Joseph hired as Arizona DC and OL coach Sean Kugler and DB coaches Joe Woods and Marcus Robertson also drawing interest in the desert, Cards could have decided Broncos SW flavor. #9sports

Mike Klis
1h1 hour ago

Broncos DB coach Marcus Robertson drawing interest from Arizona, per sources. Broncos DB coach Greg Williams drawing interest from Carolina and Detriot. Broncos D-coordinator Joe Woods to interview with Washington, then decide between Arizona and Washington. #9sports

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2019, 04:01 PM
Ian Rapoport
‏Verified account @RapSheet
36m36 minutes ago

Maybe the most important hire for #AZCardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury is his offensive line coach. And I’m told AZ is signing Sean Kugler as OL coach. Formerly of the #Broncos, he was in demand for the #Bills, #Bucs, #Browns and #Jets.

Freyaka
01-13-2019, 11:33 PM
I'm not sure I want AB here.

I'm not sure I don't.

If we get a real QB here, could you imagine AB, Sanders, Sutton, Hamilton, Patrick, Lindsay and Freeman all with a Mike Munchak coached o-line?

5-wide for days...

Freyaka
01-13-2019, 11:35 PM
AB makes no sense catching intermediate passes with Keenum. None.

Does Mr. locker room cancer / “I need my touches” want to play with a rookie QB?

Has to be a crock of shit.

He might want to play with Foles.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2019, 12:27 PM
Tom Pelissero
‏Verified account @TomPelissero

Another team in play for Gary Kubiak: the #Vikings. Sources tell @mikegarafolo and me Kubiak is in Minnesota, where his son, Klint, was on staff in 2013-14 and worked with new OC Kevin Stefanski. @RapSheet says #Jaguars will interview Kubiak for OC tomorrow.

So, with Stefanski being OC, what is Kubes interviewing for with the Vikings?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2019, 12:40 PM
Troy Renck
3m3 minutes ago

Related to my last tweet: #Broncos scouted Mizzou's Drew Lock. He could be in play in first round. Also, I would go to Keenum with new deal to make him a backup by adding years to ease cap hit. #Denver7

Troy Renck
12m12 minutes ago

#Broncos John Elway tells @peter_king that Case Keenum a short-term fix. He implied that last week. #Broncos drafted QBs have one playoff win in franchise history: Tim Tebow. Other QBs to win playoff games: Morton, Elway, Plummer, Manning. Need longterm fix #Denver7

BroncoJoe
01-14-2019, 12:42 PM
Tebow beat the Steelers...

:heh:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2019, 12:52 PM
Report: Ed Donatell is choosing between Broncos and Bears

https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Article/Ed-Donatell-Bears-Broncos-decision-127782937/

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2019, 03:26 PM
Mike Klis
3m3 minutes ago

Broncos have agreed to terms with Mick Munchak to be their new offensive line coach, per source. #9sports

VonDoom
01-14-2019, 03:33 PM
Mike Klis
3m3 minutes ago

Broncos have agreed to terms with Mick Munchak to be their new offensive line coach, per source. #9sports

That’s a great hire! Maybe this SF guy will be our OC. Things are coming together

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2019, 03:44 PM
Mike Klis
6m6 minutes ago

Per sources, it was very clear in Vikings' interview with Gary Kubiak for their offensive coordinator job that OL coach Rick Dennison, TE coach Brian Pariani and QB coach Klint Kubiak were part of his package deal. #9sports

BeefStew25
01-14-2019, 04:04 PM
Does Kubes have family St Paul?

GEM
01-14-2019, 04:31 PM
Mike Klis
6m6 minutes ago

Per sources, it was very clear in Vikings' interview with Gary Kubiak for their offensive coordinator job that OL coach Rick Dennison, TE coach Brian Pariani and QB coach Klint Kubiak were part of his package deal. #9sports

Kubes could probably do pretty good out there with Cousins.

dogfish
01-14-2019, 05:12 PM

and dalvin cook. . .

BroncoJoe
01-14-2019, 05:16 PM

and dalvin cook. . .

Kings head is going to explode if that happens.