PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the Broncos QB in 2019?

Pages : [1] 2

aberdien
12-28-2018, 11:16 AM
The choice is yours.

aberdien
12-28-2018, 11:24 AM
Previewing offseason QB market
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001004613/article/qb-index-week-17-previewing-offseason-qb-market

Teddy Bridgewater
Nick Foles
Tyrod Taylor
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Trevor Siemien
Jameis Winston
Ryan Tannehill
Joe Flacco
Jacoby Brissett
Case Keenum
Eli Manning
Blake Bortles

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-28-2018, 11:25 AM
Teddy restructured?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-28-2018, 11:25 AM
Foles, Bridgewater, Winston. In that order

elsid13
12-28-2018, 11:30 AM
Case will be here and they will have drafted rookie, waiting in the wings. It will piss the fan base off but I still think Elway thinks he only a player away from the SB.

aberdien
12-28-2018, 11:31 AM
The 2019 QBs in the draft seem sucky.

My top 3 realistic options (which does not include Carr or Stafford):

1. Teddy - I am a fanboi.
2. Winston - I think he is stupid and I hate him, but he is talented.
3. Foles - Big Dick Nick.

I think all would be an improvement over Keenum, and if they suck then we have the 2020 draft class to look forward to.

Davii
12-28-2018, 11:32 AM

I would agree on the order with the caveat that possible rumored trades of either Stafford or Carr would top the list depending on price.

Davii
12-28-2018, 11:33 AM
Case will be here and they will have drafted rookie, waiting in the wings. It will piss the fan base off but I still think Elway thinks he only a player away from the SB.

So you think Elway is a moron?

elsid13
12-28-2018, 11:36 AM
So you think Elway is a moron?

i think Elway is in denial, which happens to a lot of folks. He doesn’t want to rebuild and is still coming to grips with the fact that team is not as talented as he thought it was.

Nomad
12-28-2018, 11:39 AM
Is this a......who do you want/wish out of this list, or who will more than likely be the Broncos QB?

broncofaninfla
12-28-2018, 11:40 AM
I'm hoping for a rookie or a vet not yet available not named Flacco.

aberdien
12-28-2018, 11:40 AM
Is this a......who do you want/wish out of this list, or who will more than likely be the Broncos QB?

Follow your heart!

elsid13
12-28-2018, 11:41 AM
Follow your heart!

Right off the cliff.

Nomad
12-28-2018, 11:42 AM
Follow your heart!

Well then, I agree with elsid. Not that I want to see Keenum under center, but more than likely will be under center for the start of the 2019 season. I don't see Elway going after another veteran QB.

Nomad
12-28-2018, 11:46 AM
You can scratch Stafford off your list. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/28/matt-patricia-says-lions-are-committed-to-matthew-stafford/

BroncoWave
12-28-2018, 11:54 AM
You can scratch Stafford off your list. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/28/matt-patricia-says-lions-are-committed-to-matthew-stafford/

I don't put much stock in that. I don't think Patricia is the GM.

aberdien
12-28-2018, 11:58 AM
Well then, I agree with elsid. Not that I want to see Keenum under center, but more than likely will be under center for the start of the 2019 season. I don't see Elway going after another veteran QB.

I don't want this to be true. But I fear you are correct.

Davii
12-28-2018, 12:21 PM
i think Elway is in denial, which happens to a lot of folks. He doesn’t want to rebuild and is still coming to grips with the fact that team is not as talented as he thought it was.

That's a lot different than thinking he's only a player away.

Nomad
12-28-2018, 12:25 PM
I don't want this to be true. But I fear you are correct.

He'll be bring in a veteran backup, but nothing like a Carr or Stafford. He's gonna see what the new head coach can do with Keenum. Vikings proved Keenum has the potential with the right coach. Granted, Broncos Keenum is night & day compared to Vikings Keenum.

Northman
12-28-2018, 12:37 PM
Realistically it will probably be Keenum but Denver will draft a rookie and if by chance the rookie out plays him that rookie may start the season. But for now i think Keenum will be the starter with a new HC next year.

Cugel
12-28-2018, 12:37 PM
The problem is that if they get rid of Keenum it costs them a $10m cap hit. Then they have to go out and pay a veteran QB on top of that. Suppose they get Nick Foles. He's going to want $25m a year as SB MVP. And someone would probably offer him around that. This is always a QB desperate league.

So, the Broncos would be spending $35m next season on QBs. Aaron Rogers is only costing the Packers $33m and he's probably the #1 QB in the NFL. You're going to spend Aaron Rogers money for Nick Foles level QB play? And Teddy Bridgewater or some of these other guys will want at least $20m. That's the going rate for mediocre starting QBs now that the Elite Qbs are getting Rogers money.

That's the biggest reason Keenum will be back. Plus, if they draft a QB that guy won't be ready week 1.

aberdien
12-28-2018, 12:38 PM
He'll be bring in a veteran backup, but nothing like a Carr or Stafford. He's gonna see what the new head coach can do with Keenum. Vikings proved Keenum has the potential with the right coach. Granted, Broncos Keenum is night & day compared to Vikings Keenum.

I would be fine with keeping Keenum as long as a veteran like Foles or Teddy is brought in to compete with him. Let the new coach pick which of the vets he prefers.

Nomad
12-28-2018, 12:42 PM
I would be fine with keeping Keenum as long as a veteran like Foles or Teddy is brought in to compete with him. Let the new coach pick which of the vets he prefers.

I believe Cugel explained it perfectly. But hey, perhaps Elway goes a different route than usual, and breaks the bank on a QB. King would be happy.

FanInAZ
12-28-2018, 01:05 PM

I agree he's going to draft a rookie to develop, but he'll need a vet that can do a good enough job to were he's not pressured into pushing him into the starting lineup before he ready. So, if Elway thinks like me, Case will go. I hope it will be Foles or Bridgewater.

Bugs Baloney
12-28-2018, 01:29 PM
I would happy for Daniel Jones, QB Duke.
Yet my instincts tell me there is no way...... :tape:

Poet
12-28-2018, 01:31 PM
I have no idea.

MOtorboat
12-28-2018, 01:36 PM
It’s probably going to be Keenum because of money.

Poet
12-28-2018, 01:37 PM
It’s probably going to be Keenum because of money.

We self-styled.

Nomad
12-28-2018, 01:38 PM
King.....if the next HC & OC find the Vikings Keenum, will you love him?

MOtorboat
12-28-2018, 01:40 PM

I’m not King, but hell yes I would.

Poet
12-28-2018, 01:45 PM

If he plays well, yes. I want to like every player we have. I just knew what he was. But, if CK goes back out and shits the bed in a big game, which he did twice in the playoffs, I will be pissed. If his lack of talent is what costs us games because he can't make the plays we need, I'll be pissed.

He played at a bottom tier level this season, and missed a lot of easy throws. He's a veteran. He hasn't earned any benefits of the doubt. But he could do that, as well. His success as an individual player was vastly overblown in Minnny, too. But yeah, he wasn't a complete bed wetter in the NFL that year. I'd be happy. Sort of.

Simple Jaded
12-28-2018, 02:42 PM
The choice is yours.

Wait, is it we want as QB or who we think will be the starter?

Simple Jaded
12-28-2018, 02:43 PM

No, it’s the same guy. He’s always been Case Keenum, everything changed but him.

aberdien
12-28-2018, 02:46 PM
Wait, is it we want as QB or who we think will be the starter?

Find a balance.

Simple Jaded
12-28-2018, 02:46 PM
The problem is that if they get rid of Keenum it costs them a $10m cap hit. Then they have to go out and pay a veteran QB on top of that. Suppose they get Nick Foles. He's going to want $25m a year as SB MVP. And someone would probably offer him around that. This is always a QB desperate league.

So, the Broncos would be spending $35m next season on QBs. Aaron Rogers is only costing the Packers $33m and he's probably the #1 QB in the NFL. You're going to spend Aaron Rogers money for Nick Foles level QB play? And Teddy Bridgewater or some of these other guys will want at least $20m. That's the going rate for mediocre starting QBs now that the Elite Qbs are getting Rogers money.

That's the biggest reason Keenum will be back. Plus, if they draft a QB that guy won't be ready week 1.

So the only reason he’s back is because the Broncos are stupid?

Poet
12-28-2018, 02:47 PM
So the only reason he’s back is because the Broncos are stupid?

:cool:

TXBRONC
12-28-2018, 02:50 PM
I put rookie, but that's with the hope of drafting a quarterback and he's ready start. Otherwise, I think Keenum is the starter. Even if Denver has rookie starting Keenum will still be in Denver for one more year.

Simple Jaded
12-28-2018, 03:00 PM
You can get mediocre from a rookie, I’m just saying that paying $20 M for mediocre simply because of dead money is stupid. And to make matters worse, it’s their stupidity that resulted in having so much dead money in the first place.

That’s double stupid.

Also stupid is passing on another veteran QB because that would push the price of QB into the $40 M range.

What CuJoel is describing is triple stupid.

Also stupid is thinking another OC can magically make Case Keenum NOT be Case Keenum, if this mythical person can do that then this mythical person can do that with any QB, namely a rookie, which would save $11 M in salary cap space. Also, how are you gonna sell Case Keenum to someone who can make him NOT Case Keenum? That mythical person can have any job he wants.

“Aaron Rodgers ... or ... Case Keenum? Hmmm! I think I’ll go with Case Keenum because I really think he’s coming into his own in his 15th season in the NFL.”— Said ONE PERSON ever.

Anyway, Happy Holidays.

UnderArmour
12-28-2018, 03:35 PM
Elway wants to win now. It's too early to say who the quarterback will be, because there will be competition for Flacco and probably Foles too. I would expect Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, and Miami to all explore acquiring Flacco in the offseason.

As much as I would like for Elway to magically call up Oakland, Atlanta, Carolina, Green Bay, Philadelphia, Tennessee, Indianapolis, Seattle, or Houston and say "here's a first and some other picks, please give me your quarterback," it's simply not going to happen.

Poet
12-28-2018, 03:40 PM
If Elway thinks this is a win now team, especially since his own moves have impeded that both short and long term, then yeah, we might. It would also mean the man is...desperate.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-28-2018, 05:19 PM
If we can get a quarterback in the first or second round who is talented and loves football I have no problems with Keenum being the placeholder for one more year. There would at least be a direction. I want a dual threat quarterback, I admit it.

Simple Jaded
12-28-2018, 05:25 PM
If we can get a quarterback in the first or second round who is talented and loves football I have no problems with Keenum being the placeholder for one more year. There would at least be a direction. I want a dual threat quarterback, I admit it.

That probably means 2nd round, I don’t think Haskins, Jones, Grier and Lock would be considered DT’s.

I never watch Urb’s teams so I don’t rightly know about Haskins but they describe his as a pure passer. Maybe Grier.

Jones and Lock are mobile too, just nothing like Lamar Jackson.

Northman
12-28-2018, 05:45 PM

Personally for me a Hybrid QB isnt as/more important than a pocket passer. But it is important to at least get a QB who doesnt need a lot of work and can show a promise of being the future for the franchise.

Simple Jaded
12-28-2018, 05:47 PM
Personally for me a Hybrid QB isnt as/more important than a pocket passer. But it is important to at least get a QB who doesnt need a lot of work and can show a promise of being the future for the franchise.

I like Daniel Jones for this reason, he’s actually been groomed to play QB, not just be an extension of some Madden Football wannabe.

Valar Morghulis
12-28-2018, 05:49 PM
I think if he brings a new coach, a new qb is inevitable, either trade or draft. No way keenum streets next year

Poet
12-28-2018, 05:50 PM
Wait...we have the option of leaving Keenum in the street?

No one told me this...

Valar Morghulis
12-28-2018, 05:52 PM
Wait...we have the option of leaving Keenum in the street?

No one told me this...

******* typo

Poet
12-28-2018, 05:53 PM
******* typo

don't take this dream from me.

Valar Morghulis
12-28-2018, 05:54 PM
don't take this dream from me.

Lol, leave him on the streets and lynch him

Poet
12-28-2018, 05:55 PM
Lol, leave him on the streets and lynch him

You want me to combine him with Paxton Lynch?

I mean...**** it let's science!

Simple Jaded
12-28-2018, 05:56 PM
Find a balance.

Ok, Derek Carr and Matthew Stafford, that’s approximately in the middle of what I want and what I think will happen.

TXBRONC
12-28-2018, 06:13 PM
Elway wants to win now. It's too early to say who the quarterback will be, because there will be competition for Flacco and probably Foles too. I would expect Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, and Miami to all explore acquiring Flacco in the offseason.

As much as I would like for Elway to magically call up Oakland, Atlanta, Carolina, Green Bay, Philadelphia, Tennessee, Indianapolis, Seattle, or Houston and say "here's a first and some other picks, please give me your quarterback," it's simply not going to happen.

I haven't seen anything but unsubstatiated speculation that Denver has interest in Flacco. I doubt Flacco is the answer to winning now. Flacco would be still more of a lateral move than an improvement.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-28-2018, 06:15 PM
That probably means 2nd round, I don’t think Haskins, Jones, Grier and Lock would be considered DT’s.

I never watch Urb’s teams so I don’t rightly know about Haskins but they describe his as a pure passer. Maybe Grier.

Jones and Lock are mobile too, just nothing like Lamar Jackson.

Haskins is a legitimate dual threat quarterback with a lot of arm talent. He’s dreamy.

Poet
12-28-2018, 06:17 PM
Haskins is a legitimate dual threat quarterback with a lot of arm talent. He’s dreamy.

Tell me about him.

Northman
12-28-2018, 06:17 PM
I haven't seen anything but unsubstatiated speculation that Denver has interest in Flacco. I doubt Flacco is the answer to winning now. Flacco would be still more of a lateral move than an improvement.

Eh, not quite a lateral move. People are giving Keenum WAY to much credit here. While i do think Flacco is on the twilight of his career if he plays for another team he might get motivated again to play better than he has the last couple of years. Never the less, i could deal with Flacco so as long as we were grooming a rookie QB for the future (like within the next couple of years). A rookie really isnt going to learn much from Keenum even though i think we may be stuck with him for next year anyway.

Northman
12-28-2018, 06:18 PM

Bleh....

Poet
12-28-2018, 06:21 PM
Eh, not quite a lateral move. People are giving Keenum WAY to much credit here. While i do think Flacco is on the twilight of his career if he plays for another team he might get motivated again to play better than he has the last couple of years. Never the less, i could deal with Flacco so as long as we were grooming a rookie QB for the future (like within the next couple of years). A rookie really isnt going to learn much from Keenum even though i think we may be stuck with him for next year anyway.

Keenum could be a good tutor. He's smart. He has the arm of a cub scout, he's pretty small, he doesn't have great leadership skills, and honestly he's probably a shitty version of Chad Pennington, but he's smart.

Poet
12-28-2018, 06:22 PM
Bleh....

What do you think of him?

Northman
12-28-2018, 06:25 PM
What do you think of him?

Im not sold on Haskins at all but i know that Al loves him. He isnt the QB i would want on this team but if Denver drafted him i would hope for the best.

Nomad
12-28-2018, 06:27 PM
Watch the Rose Bowl

Poet
12-28-2018, 06:32 PM
He only weights 218?

Ehhh...kinda small.

Elway would probably hate him. Elway pretty much hates talent.

Simple Jaded
12-28-2018, 06:41 PM
He only weights 218?

Ehhh...kinda small.

Elway would probably hate him. Elway pretty much hates talent.
No that’s Kubiak that hates talent.

Simple Jaded
12-28-2018, 06:43 PM

I believe ya, like I said I watch Michigan v ****eyes and that’s about the extent of my exposure to Urb.

Haskins tore up from the floor up in that game.

Poet
12-28-2018, 06:44 PM
No that’s Kubiak that hates talent.

Same thing at this point.

Simple Jaded
12-28-2018, 06:45 PM

This is insane, the Broncos are a legit contender with Flacco.

Simple Jaded
12-28-2018, 06:46 PM
Same thing at this point.

Hold me.

Poet
12-28-2018, 06:50 PM
Hold me.

It won't get better. Right now Elway is uninspired and because his BFF won a SB with a loaded team he thinks going back to the well is the way to go.

TXBRONC
12-28-2018, 06:52 PM

Yes he would be an upgrade if he has something left in the tank. As you pointed out that bringing in Flacco with quarterback to groom. That's why I think it would more of a lateral more because Flacco would be a higher profile transitional player than Keenum. What more could a young quarterback learn from Flacco that he couldn't from Keenum? Only thing either one could is tutor him in how to be a professional.

Northman
12-28-2018, 06:56 PM
Yes he would be an upgrade if he has something left in the tank. As you pointed out that bringing in Flacco with quarterback to groom. That's why I think it would more of a lateral more because Flacco would be a higher profile transitional player than Keenum. What more could a young quarterback learn from Flacco that he couldn't from Keenum? Only thing either one could is tutor him in how to be a professional.

I think Flacco has a much better body of work than Keenum which is why im not really sold the on the "lateral move" part. Either way, neither of them are the future of Denver but if John is still about winning now and grooming young players than that is the direction i would go so as long as Flacco doesnt expect the farm in terms of payment.

Simple Jaded
12-28-2018, 06:56 PM
It won't get better. Right now Elway is uninspired and because his BFF won a SB with a loaded team he thinks going back to the well is the way to go.

This isn’t helping.

TXBRONC
12-28-2018, 06:58 PM
This is insane, the Broncos are a legit contender with Flacco.

Insane? No. Tell me what Flacco has done since the Ravens won the Super Bowl? If I'm not mistaken the Ravens have been ti the playoffs all of one time and that was the year Kubiak was their coordinator.

Simple Jaded
12-28-2018, 06:59 PM
Insane? No. Tell me what Flacco has done since the Ravens won the Super Bowl? If I'm not mistaken the Ravens have been ti the playoffs all of one time and that was the year Kubiak was their coordinator.
You asking for accomplishments? Because he’s literally an NFL starting QB, that alone is more than anything Case Yates can do for you.

Davii
12-28-2018, 07:01 PM

Bullshit. Elway built the best offense the NFL has ever seen, before or since. It crashed and burned, he re-engineered it into an all-world defense in just a few years and that team won a SB.

Elway is not scared to change everything, to remake his vision, and to right his wrongs.

This narrative that Elway is too proud, or from listening to some here, too stupid to do the right thing is just plain idiotic.

He will change everything he feels needs changed in the best interests of the Broncos tomorrow, next year, and the year after...

TXBRONC
12-28-2018, 07:03 PM
I think Flacco has a much better body of work than Keenum which is why im not really sold the on the "lateral move" part. Either way, neither of them are the future of Denver but if John is still about winning now and grooming young players than that is the direction i would go so as long as Flacco doesnt expect the farm in terms of payment.

Agreed on the body of work. If Denver were to get Flacco I wouldn't be a jaded bastage about it. :D

Poet
12-28-2018, 07:06 PM
Bullshit. Elway built the best offense the NFL has ever seen, before or since. It crashed and burned, he re-engineered it into an all-world defense in just a few years and that team won a SB.

Elway is not scared to change everything, to remake his vision, and to right his wrongs.

This narrative that Elway is too proud, or from listening to some here, too stupid to do the right thing is just plain idiotic.

He will change everything he feels needs changed in the best interests of the Broncos tomorrow, next year, and the year after...

Calling bullshit, throwing idiotic around. You do sound miserable man.

Elway signed PFM. PFM made Julius Thomas matter. He helped turn DT from good WR into great. He hide the deficiencies in the line. He made Moreno go from a guy looking like a bust to a Pro Bowler, who unfortunately got hurt. A whole lot of that is PFM. You can only give JE so much credit for PM before we start handing PM's work over to Elway.

It crashed and burned and then he signed a bunch of great defensive FAs. HE was fortunate those guys were available, and we haven't landed a big time FA since PM left.

Since PM left, the team deteriorated, even though his last year PM was a shadow of himself. Once we lost FA talent the team got real bad real quick. Elway's had one nice draft his entire time here.

So please stop ignoring what PM did and what's happened since PM left, because a lot of Elway's success, almost all of it, is tied to him.

The people espousing the narrative have more to go on right now than otherwise.

The last sentence is just strange to me. Of course he'll do what he wants. He's the GM. But being the GM isn't a defense of shoddy work.

I have said, time and time again, on this board, that I am in favor of JE as the GM. I've defended some of his bad drafts for various reasons. Very few people actually think he's trash, but the luster has worn off.

TXBRONC
12-28-2018, 07:11 PM
You asking for accomplishments? Because he’s literally an NFL starting QB, that alone is more than anything Case Yates can do for you.

Yep and he still only has one playoff appearance since and that was what four years ago? As I said to North if Denver brings him I will support him.

Simple Jaded
12-28-2018, 07:14 PM
Yep and he still only has one playoff appearance since and that was what four years ago? As I said to North if Denver brings him I will support him.

Ok, I’m glad we can agree that it’s insane to call any NFL starting QB a lateral move.

Northman
12-28-2018, 07:14 PM

Calling bullshit, throwing idiotic around. You do sound miserable man.

Elway signed PFM. PFM made Julius Thomas matter. He helped turn DT from good WR into great. He hide the deficiencies in the line. He made Moreno go from a guy looking like a bust to a Pro Bowler, who unfortunately got hurt. A whole lot of that is PFM. You can only give JE so much credit for PM before we start handing PM's work over to Elway.

It crashed and burned and then he signed a bunch of great defensive FAs. HE was fortunate those guys were available, and we haven't landed a big time FA since PM left.

Since PM left, the team deteriorated, even though his last year PM was a shadow of himself. Once we lost FA talent the team got real bad real quick. Elway's had one nice draft his entire time here.

So please stop ignoring what PM did and what's happened since PM left, because a lot of Elway's success, almost all of it, is tied to him.

The people espousing the narrative have more to go on right now than otherwise.

The last sentence is just strange to me. Of course he'll do what he wants. He's the GM. But being the GM isn't a defense of shoddy work.

I have said, time and time again, on this board, that I am in favor of JE as the GM. I've defended some of his bad drafts for various reasons. Very few people actually think he's trash, but the luster has worn off.

I think you both are a bit right.

Elway has proven he will fire a winning coach if need be. Elway has proven that he will sign FA's whom he thinks will help this team out to win SB's. Things like that simply cannot be ignored.

But Elway also has been unable to prove that he can draft a future QB prospect or have the eye for the position itself when it comes to drafting or even a FA pickup like Keenum. I dont know if he puts to much stock into what Kubiak says on guys like Keenum or not but he clearly has an issue with that particular position.

But Davii is correct i think John is not afraid to fire, trade, or sign players/coaches that he thinks will make the team better. But if the rumors are true that Ellis is creating some issues there than i can see how that makes his job a bit harder when you are butting heads with another person of power in the organization.

Elway is far from perfect as a GM but we really cannot just blow off the fact that he has helped lead this team to 2 SB's in the last few years. Yea, Manning was a huge part of that but without John that probably doesnt happen. IMO

Simple Jaded
12-28-2018, 07:15 PM
Agreed on the body of work. If Denver were to get Flacco I wouldn't e a jaded bastage. :D

Jaded Bastage, I like it. Davii, we have our marching orders.

Poet
12-28-2018, 07:17 PM
I think you both are a bit right.

Elway has proven he will fire a winning coach if need be. Elway has proven that he will sign FA's whom he thinks will help this team out to win SB's. Things like that simply cannot be ignored.

But Elway also has been unable to prove that he can draft a future QB prospect or have the eye for the position itself when it comes to drafting or even a FA pickup like Keenum. I dont know if he puts to much stock into what Kubiak says on guys like Keenum or not but he clearly has an issue with that particular position.

But Davii is correct i think John is not afraid to fire, trade, or sign players/coaches that he thinks will make the team better. But if the rumors are true that Ellis is creating some issues there than i can see how that makes his job a bit harder when you are butting heads with another person of power in the organization.

Elway is far from perfect as a GM but we really cannot just blow off the fact that he has helped lead this team to 2 SB's in the last few years. Yea, Manning was a huge part of that but without John that probably doesnt happen. IMO

I know I'm right. I see the obvious flaws but I don't throw the baby out with the bath water. But I can certainly joke around and have some fun without Davii being grumpy pants. Elway got sucked off when PM allowed him to sign FA's. He's now getting that, in reverse, since the team is struggling under him. He's undeserving of some of the credit and success he's gotten. But fans can be pissed off and frustrated.

TXBRONC
12-28-2018, 08:08 PM
Ok, I’m glad we can agree that it’s insane to call any NFL starting QB a lateral move.

Afraid not friend. If Flacco were to come and be a disaster because he has nothing left in the tank, that imo would me move was a lateral move.

turftoad
12-28-2018, 08:16 PM

I agree with this. I don't think he liked how this coaching staff used of misused hit strengths and weaknesses. IMO, he will see how a new coaching staff uses him.

Dapper Dan
12-28-2018, 08:21 PM
I went with "other" since "a nuclear war to kill us all" wasn't an option.

Poet
12-28-2018, 08:29 PM
I agree with this. I don't think he liked how this coaching staff used of misused hit strengths and weaknesses. IMO, he will see how a new coaching staff uses him.

If we hold off on getting a legitimate starting QB because Keenum might recapture lightening in a bottle then the guy who called that shot...should be shot.

Cugel
12-28-2018, 08:37 PM

Dude. It don't work that way. You talk as though there was no salary cap and the Broncos could just spend insane amounts on QBs (of questionable quality).

If they keep Keenum he costs them $20m for the season. If they cut him it costs them $10 to get rid of them. Then they have to hire the new QB. That costs them $20m plus.

So, you are advocating they spend $40-45m on QBs in 2019? That would be insane. Either they cut Case Keenum and sign another veteran and eat Keenum's $10m cap, OR they go with Keenum and hopefully a rookie QB draft pick and pay Keenum $20m for 2019.

Those are the only two options. Because if they draft a rookie, they still need a veteran starter until the rookie is ready. So, that veteran must either be Keenum or someone else. I think they keep Keenum because they don't want to spend $10m just to get rid of him and then have to pay another $20m to sign another QB.

Cugel
12-28-2018, 08:38 PM

Might as well hope for the best if they probably have to keep Keenum anyway due to the cap hit.

Valar Morghulis
12-28-2018, 08:39 PM
If we hold off on getting a legitimate starting QB because Keenum might recapture lightening in a bottle then the guy who called that shot...should be shot.

Lol he never had lightening on a bottle. He had an average season with a good run and completion percentage. I know I am preaching to the converted but the phrase lightening in a bottle is misleading

Poet
12-28-2018, 08:42 PM
Lol he never had lightening on a bottle. He had an average season with a good run and completion percentage. I know I am preaching to the converted but the phrase lightening in a bottle is misleading

I was the literaly king of not wanting CK. You were riding with me. We were...Kings Take this moment to be happy for not being wrong.

I didn't think much of his season, but he had an above average year. Not a great year. For reference, he was tied for tenth, IIRC for TD passes. Granted that year Watson, Rodgers, and a few other top QB's got hurt and missed a chunk of time.

His best year was just above average. People chanted MVP for him because of the story. Some of us, however, feel for the okie-doke.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-28-2018, 08:44 PM
Had we had a shot at John Harbaugh as HC, I could see getting the band back together with Kubes as OC and bringing in Flacco. That’s not gonna happen so I think we just roll with Keesum for another year. Whether or not we draft a young QB to groom behind him or try to develop a guy like Hogan to be the future is unclear. It’s gonna suck ass to have Keesum again next year but I think that bed is already made. Elway will hope a new staff can fix the offense and make him serviceable for at least one more year.

It’s like when we all hoped VJ would be fired but he was retained last year. We all hope Keesum will be released/replaced but he won’t. Even if we draft a first round QB, Keenum will come to camp as the established starter and will win the job because “best chance to win” bullshit. If he’s terrible again, we may see the rookie later in the season.

Nomad
12-28-2018, 08:46 PM

Elway seems to like Justin Herbert, perhaps it's next year he drafts a QB wanting give Keenum another chance with a different HC/OC.

Poet
12-28-2018, 08:47 PM
I'm hoping Keenum breaks his neck.

Simple Jaded
12-28-2018, 08:51 PM
Afraid not friend. If Flacco were to come and be a disaster because he has nothing left in the tank, that imo would me move was a lateral move.

That’s a big “If”, especially compared to “what if Broncos brought in an OC to make Vikings Keenum”

Simple Jaded
12-28-2018, 08:53 PM
Dude. It don't work that way. You talk as though there was no salary cap and the Broncos could just spend insane amounts on QBs (of questionable quality).

If they keep Keenum he costs them $20m for the season. If they cut him it costs them $10 to get rid of them. Then they have to hire the new QB. That costs them $20m plus.

So, you are advocating they spend $40-45m on QBs in 2019? That would be insane. Either they cut Case Keenum and sign another veteran and eat Keenum's $10m cap, OR they go with Keenum and hopefully a rookie QB draft pick and pay Keenum $20m for 2019.

Those are the only two options. Because if they draft a rookie, they still need a veteran starter until the rookie is ready. So, that veteran must either be Keenum or someone else. I think they keep Keenum because they don't want to spend $10m just to get rid of him and then have to pay another $20m to sign another QB.

Insane is pretending you have a starting QB because you were stupid enough to pay him like a starter.

Poet
12-28-2018, 08:54 PM
Flacco was reportedly healthy for the first time in years. In nine games he threw 12 TDs and 6 INTs.

At this point he's barely better than Keenum. If we move for that guy, it's bad. If we run CK out there without a QBOTF behind him next year, it's bad.

turftoad
12-28-2018, 09:17 PM
Had we had a shot at John Harbaugh as HC, I could see getting the band back together with Kubes as OC and bringing in Flacco. That’s not gonna happen so I think we just roll with Keesum for another year. Whether or not we draft a young QB to groom behind him or try to develop a guy like Hogan to be the future is unclear. It’s gonna suck ass to have Keesum again next year but I think that bed is already made. Elway will hope a new staff can fix the offense and make him serviceable for at least one more year.

It’s like when we all hoped VJ would be fired but he was retained last year. We all hope Keesum will be released/replaced but he won’t. Even if we draft a first round QB, Keenum will come to camp as the established starter and will win the job because “best chance to win” bullshit. If he’s terrible again, we may see the rookie later in the season.

Couldn't said it better myself!

Poet
12-28-2018, 09:32 PM
Insane is pretending you have a starting QB because you were stupid enough to pay him like a starter.

The most logical move is to go draft a QB. I bet there will be guys with legitimate first round grades on them that we find an excuse to not draft.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-28-2018, 09:37 PM
Tell me about him.

I just did.

Poet
12-28-2018, 10:06 PM
I just did.

******* styling on old king. I bet you feel strong, huh? Picking on a dumbass fatty.

Monster.

aberdien
12-28-2018, 10:10 PM
If we would've drafted Lamar Jackson we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

Chazoe knows what i'm talking about.

Davii
12-28-2018, 10:59 PM
If we would've drafted Lamar Jackson we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

Chazoe knows what i'm talking about.

We might have. One can't discount the impact of coaching on a young man's early career trajectory.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-28-2018, 11:05 PM
I'm hoping Keenum breaks his neck.

That was not your inside voice King.

Poet
12-28-2018, 11:14 PM
That was not your inside voice King.

I'm an angry person. I don't literally mean it. I just hate the guy because he's awful, he's overpaid, he's pompous...he's me...except I'm not overpaid.

I can't respect a QB I think I can beat up, man.

Davii
12-28-2018, 11:17 PM
I'm an angry person. I don't literally mean it. I just hate the guy because he's awful, he's overpaid, he's pompous...he's me...except I'm not overpaid.

I can't respect a QB I think I can beat up, man.

Man, I can't follow that standard. I'm certain I'd kick the shit out of any of them.

Poet
12-28-2018, 11:20 PM
Man, I can't follow that standard. I'm certain I'd kick the shit out of any of them.

Start with Big Ben. Then take out Keenum. Actually, start with Keenum.

UnderArmour
12-28-2018, 11:31 PM

The cap number towards QBs would be around $30 million if we spent $20 million on a QB, not $40-$45 million. Only $7 million of Case's $18 million salary is guaranteed, with $3 million of his $21 million cap number coming from a bonus. Say Elway traded for Flacco. Flacco would cost $18.5 million, so the Broncos would be using $28.5 million.

There's also an EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY unlikely scenario where Jacksonville acquires Eli Manning, and the Giants trade a late rounder for Case Keenum to replace him/mentor the next guy under Shurmur. In that extremely unlikely scenario, the Broncos would only have $3 million in cap space occupied by Case.

Davii
12-28-2018, 11:36 PM
Start with Big Ben. Then take out Keenum. Actually, start with Keenum.

Starting with Keenum would be smart. At my age I need to warm up to avoid injury.

Poet
12-28-2018, 11:38 PM
Starting with Keenum would be smart. At my age I need to warm up to avoid injury.

:lol:

Davii
12-28-2018, 11:41 PM

Come to think of it, it would be impossible to put him in a chokehold. The man has no neck, and therefore, no throat!

Poet
12-29-2018, 12:01 AM
Come to think of it, it would be impossible to put him in a chokehold. The man has no neck, and therefore, no throat!

What if in another life he was the greatest MMA fighter?

HORSEPOWER 56
12-29-2018, 12:33 AM
FWIW, you can add Ryan Tannehill to the list of names of available QBs. Rotoworld is reporting that the Dolphins are done with him. Sucks because that’s one more team looking for a new QB. They’re also talking about cleaning house in the FO so Gase might be available as an OC. I’d be amenable to Gase as our OC next year.

Northman
12-29-2018, 12:38 AM
I would take a shot on Tannehill.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-29-2018, 12:41 AM
I would take a shot on Tannehill.

Not me. Gase couldn’t even make him a top 15 QB and that’s with 3 really good WRs. I don’t know what his issues are, but if the Dolphins are kicking him to the curb, that’s a huge red flag.

Poet
12-29-2018, 12:43 AM
Tannehill is a solid starter. Decent amount of ability. Great? No. Awful? No. I want to draft a legitimate rookie and get a coach that can develop him. Tired of half-baked plans. Tired of "we need a veteran starter." No we ******* don't. But, if we went that route, RT isn't awful.

FML

dogfish
12-29-2018, 12:59 AM
tannehill is garbage. . . just like flacco, bridgewater, aj mccarron, jamies, and all the other worthless 4th-tier scrubs who might be available. . . going after any of them is total dumpster diving. . . like, hey, that trash over there looks nicer than the trash we got! it's still trash. . . draft and develop is the only answer. . .

Poet
12-29-2018, 02:05 AM
tannehill is garbage. . . just like flacco, bridgewater, aj mccarron, jamies, and all the other worthless 4th-tier scrubs who might be available. . . going after any of them is total dumpster diving. . . like, hey, that trash over there looks nicer than the trash we got! it's still trash. . . draft and develop is the only answer. . .

He’s average.

We don’t really do draft and develop. I was hopeful with JE scouting Herbert. But I’m going to assume we don’t pull the trigger. That way if we do I’ll be happy.

Simple Jaded
12-29-2018, 02:11 AM
If you’re talking about the Broncos system (Kubiak) Tannehill is an ideal fit, paint-by-numbers, he’ll know where to go before snap and he’ll do exactly what the play call is designed to do. Just like they do with everyone from PFM to Case Keenum.

I like him cause his wife is hot and he has a neck.

dogfish
12-29-2018, 03:05 AM
I was hopeful with JE scouting Herbert. But I’m going to assume we don’t pull the trigger.

given that herbert's not entering the draft, that's probably a wise assumption. . .

Poet
12-29-2018, 03:14 AM
given that herbert's not entering the draft, that's probably a wise assumption. . .

Well, I think it was pretty clear that I was talking about JE interested in QB's overall.

MOtorboat
12-29-2018, 03:30 AM
Look, I like the idea of kicking the tires on Nick Foles, or Ryan Tannehill, or Teddy Bridgewater, or Jamies Winston...

But the reality is Keenum is $10 million on the cap even if cut ($18 if kept) and I can’t see Elway going after any of the four players named above with that $10 million in dead cap sitting there. All four are libel to get similar contracts to Keenum, with the lone exception being possibly Bridgewater, and Denver simply isn’t going to invest $30 million (roughly) at the quarterback position for two question marks.

They’ll go Keenum and probably draft someone, I’m just not really convinced this a good year to do such a thing which kind of messes everything up.

I could see Denver targeting Daniel Jones. I haven’t watched Duke much, but I liked what I saw the other day. He looked poised, had the arm talent, was willing to make those throws and already can command the offense at the line of scrimmage with minimal sideline checks. Now, I know nothing about his makeup, but I like the sound of that profile.

Poet
12-29-2018, 03:44 AM
What type of arm talent? The type of arm talent where they say "he can make all the throws," but he can only make a deep out if there's no wind, it's sunny, and the pocket is clean?

Or actual arm talent?

Good lord, even the average amount for a starting QB is overpaying CK.

Bah humbug.

MOtorboat
12-29-2018, 03:56 AM
What type of arm talent? The type of arm talent where they say "he can make all the throws," but he can only make a deep out if there's no wind, it's sunny, and the pocket is clean?

Or actual arm talent?

Good lord, even the average amount for a starting QB is overpaying CK.

Bah humbug.

I think he has the arm needed.

Timmy!
12-29-2018, 05:22 AM
Look, I like the idea of kicking the tires on Nick Foles, or Ryan Tannehill, or Teddy Bridgewater, or Jamies Winston...

But the reality is Keenum is $10 million on the cap even if cut ($18 if kept) and I can’t see Elway going after any of the four players named above with that $10 million in dead cap sitting there. All four are libel to get similar contracts to Keenum, with the lone exception being possibly Bridgewater, and Denver simply isn’t going to invest $30 million (roughly) at the quarterback position for two question marks.

They’ll go Keenum and probably draft someone, I’m just not really convinced this a good year to do such a thing which kind of messes everything up.

I could see Denver targeting Daniel Jones. I haven’t watched Duke much, but I liked what I saw the other day. He looked poised, had the arm talent, was willing to make those throws and already can command the offense at the line of scrimmage with minimal sideline checks. Now, I know nothing about his makeup, but I like the sound of that profile.

He's my favorite of the class. Will probably need 1 year on the bench (but could win the job from Case in preseason depending). I think he starts climbing boards fast though.

Shazam!
12-29-2018, 06:35 AM
Poll threads do not work for me on the App dor whatever reason, but if Stafford is available OMG im all in

Northman
12-29-2018, 11:12 AM
Not me. Gase couldn’t even make him a top 15 QB and that’s with 3 really good WRs. I don’t know what his issues are, but if the Dolphins are kicking him to the curb, that’s a huge red flag.

Gase sucks as a HC though so i wouldnt put much stock into his ability either. Lol

BroncoWave
12-29-2018, 11:50 AM
Poll threads do not work for me on the App dor whatever reason, but if Stafford is available OMG im all in

I think they'll ask more for him than we should pay. I don't want to mortgage the future for a guy on the backside of his career who has never won squat.

Freyaka
12-29-2018, 01:22 PM
I would agree on the order with the caveat that possible rumored trades of either Stafford or Carr would top the list depending on price.

Don't even tease me....Stafford in orange and blue.....hnnnngggg..

Poet
12-29-2018, 02:06 PM
I think they'll ask more for him than we should pay. I don't want to mortgage the future for a guy on the backside of his career who has never won squat.

If they did that, it would only be acceptable if we also went ham in FA and trades. Like we went all the way deep. Balls deep.

But that's doubtful.

UnderArmour
12-29-2018, 02:12 PM

He's not available. The owner would probably fire both the coach and the GM immediately if she got wind that they were trying to trade him. Patricia and the GM have to make the playoffs next season, or both are fired, so there's no way the owner allows them to trade a franchise QB as part of a "2-3 year rebuilding" plan.

Simple Jaded
12-29-2018, 03:07 PM
Trade back in the 1st in this draft for a later 1st and a 2nd or 3rd next year, then send a 1st round pick this year and a 2nd or 3rd next year, that way you’re only really losing the 1st from your original allotment. They get a 1st and a 2nd or 3rd, all you have to do is remind the Lions that the 20th pick is just as good as the 12th pick (or so I’m told).

You won’t find a rookie at any position that better than Stafford and he’ll be around for about 4-5 years, which is all the Broncos ever get out of their draft picks anyway.

Simple Jaded
12-29-2018, 03:17 PM

I voted Keenum for this reason but Couldn’t the Broncos structure a Veteran QB contract to balance out the cap hit in year 1 of the contract?

Even though we all know they won’t.

MOtorboat
12-29-2018, 04:04 PM
I voted Keenum for this reason but Couldn’t the Broncos structure a Veteran QB contract to balance out the cap hit in year 1 of the contract?

Even though we all know they won’t.

The Broncos would. I doubt the player would agree to it.

Simple Jaded
12-29-2018, 04:14 PM
The Broncos would. I doubt the player would agree to it.

Even Keenum wouldn’t, and didn’t.

UnderArmour
12-29-2018, 04:19 PM
Tannehill, Foles, or Bridgewater won't make over $15 million. The Jags are in an even worse position than us because they will be eating $16.5 million against the cap by cutting Bortles, but can save $22 million by cutting Malik Jackson and Marcell Dareus. Odds are by the end of it, the Jags will have $35-$40 million tied up in QBs, and would have to be salary-competitive with other teams if it came down to a free agent target.

And actually, the Dolphins will have to eat $13 million in dead money towards the cap this year to cut Tannehill too. The Broncos aren't even close to being in a bad financial position just by comparison to the other QB-needy teams.

Elway has actually done a fine job to put the Broncos in a position to go out and get a guy, AND still have change left over for a few starters.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-29-2018, 04:41 PM
Gase sucks as a HC though so i wouldnt put much stock into his ability either. Lol

Maybe, but he was specifically brought in as a QB whisperer to develop Tannehill into Miami’s franchise QB. I know what Gase can do (statistically greatest offense in history), but Tannehill has always been sub par no matter who was coaching him or who they put around him. I don’t know if it’s mental or motivational but Tannehill has been a huge bust for them.

Poet
12-29-2018, 04:48 PM
Tannehill, Foles, or Bridgewater won't make over $15 million. The Jags are in an even worse position than us because they will be eating $16.5 million against the cap by cutting Bortles, but can save $22 million by cutting Malik Jackson and Marcell Dareus. Odds are by the end of it, the Jags will have $35-$40 million tied up in QBs, and would have to be salary-competitive with other teams if it came down to a free agent target.

And actually, the Dolphins will have to eat $13 million in dead money towards the cap this year to cut Tannehill too. The Broncos aren't even close to being in a bad financial position just by comparison to the other QB-needy teams.

Elway has actually done a fine job to put the Broncos in a position to go out and get a guy, AND still have change left over for a few starters.

The problem is that the guys we can get aren't good. They don't solve a problem.

UnderArmour
12-29-2018, 08:58 PM
The problem is that the guys we can get aren't good. They don't solve a problem.

Honestly, aside from Flacco, I would agree that none are WORTH acquiring. Elway would be better served tossing the free agent bucks into re-signing Roby, and adding Jackson/Dareus(whoever Jacksonville cuts). Unfortunately, the free agents available on offensive line really don't look that great. So, if Elway is going to maximize the FA bucks, it's re-signing his own guys, and maybe trying to coax Malik Jackson back. Maybe add an ILB. It's not all that great of a free agent market this year.

Poet
12-29-2018, 09:02 PM
Honestly, aside from Flacco, I would agree that none are WORTH acquiring. Elway would be better served tossing the free agent bucks into re-signing Roby, and adding Jackson/Dareus(whoever Jacksonville cuts). Unfortunately, the free agents available on offensive line really don't look that great. So, if Elway is going to maximize the FA bucks, it's re-signing his own guys, and maybe trying to coax Malik Jackson back. Maybe add an ILB. It's not all that great of a free agent market this year.

I'm glad that you're more actively posting, UA. I wish I was as smart as you. You're smart af.

UnderArmour
12-29-2018, 09:24 PM
I'm glad that you're more actively posting, UA. I wish I was as smart as you. You're smart af.

Unfortunately, my posting spikes are when the Broncos are in the cellar. When the Broncos are good, there is far less that needs to be said.

Poet
12-29-2018, 09:26 PM
Unfortunately, my posting spikes are when the Broncos are in the cellar. When the Broncos are good, there is far less that needs to be said.

This is cruel. If we get better we lose UA.

This is cruel.

Ground Control
12-29-2018, 10:38 PM
Spend the idiotic millions we saved on offense (highest, or close, in the league) on a rock star uninjured tight end and tackle. Plus another elite FA CB (if possible). Or anything, dammit! Elway has saved millions of dollars over the last few years by cutting costs and we are where we are.

You get what you payed for.

We have few options for QB next year. Make the correct decisions for the future in 2019 regarding QB. None of the above options are any better than Keenum, IMO. Or, if they are, they are no better regarding potential than a younger, healthy draft prospect for replacing Keenum. I admit to being quite happy with all of Elway's choices this last draft but I am not qualified to be a GM. Elway is acting GM. He saw allot more of Keenum than I did and he still chose him. And left us 2 years or farther away from tasty QB draft talent.

Who the f' cares what QB we have next year? Again, none of the above or anyone that Elway has the limited clout to seduce currently can instantly turn things around.

So...draft.

And blind hope that the guy that has utterly failed in drafting QBs to date can pull a miracle out of his ass. If not, Elway gets removed half a decade or so and we have to wait longer. Coaching can change this but that is another thread. Not that much more positive of a thread because, Elway. For better or so far worse. I'm all in for better on Elway, but that is blind hope that he sees himself for the DB he has been the last few years. He seems insightful enough but I have no evidence to base that hope on recently.

So, a hopeful fan it is!

Simple Jaded
12-29-2018, 10:59 PM
I love the “build a great team and get a QB later/whenever” narrative, it never gets old.

The “Keenum is just as good as ____” narrative is a lot of fun too.

Nomad
12-29-2018, 11:01 PM
I love the “build a great team and get a QB later/whenever” narrative, it never gets old.

What QB are we going after?

Simple Jaded
12-29-2018, 11:02 PM
What QB are we going after?

Hogan.

Dude, don’t give me that, there’s plenty of options, you guys just don’t want to hear about them.

Poet
12-29-2018, 11:03 PM

The “Keenum is just as good as ____” narrative is a lot of fun too.

.500 city, baby.

The last time there wasn't a legitimate NFL QB in a first round was the geno smith EJ Manual draft. Those are pretty rare. People can excuse mediocrity and find it comforting. You're just a few games away each year that way. It's a beautiful lie.

Simple Jaded
12-29-2018, 11:04 PM
Start with Trevor Siemian and work your way up the list from there, and it’s an improvement.

Nomad
12-29-2018, 11:04 PM
Hogan.

Dude, don’t give me that, there’s plenty of options, you guys just don’t want to hear about them.

What's your options?

Simple Jaded
12-29-2018, 11:05 PM
.500 city, baby.

The last time there wasn't a legitimate NFL QB in a first round was the geno smith EJ Manual draft. Those are pretty rare. People can excuse mediocrity and find it comforting. You're just a few games away each year that way. It's a beautiful lie.
There will be 1st round QB’s, the draft is 5 months away.

Simple Jaded
12-29-2018, 11:06 PM
If your answer to any problem is “Case Keenum” you need to go back to the beginning and start over.

Poet
12-29-2018, 11:06 PM
There will be 1st round QB’s, the draft is 5 months away.

It's time for Elway to be a man and get the man.

Simple Jaded
12-29-2018, 11:08 PM
It's time for Elway to be a man and get the man.

Yup, it was time last year.

My pity party now is about the notion of waiting to get a QB, you don’t build a great team and THEN try to find a QB, that’s ass backwards.

Poet
12-29-2018, 11:12 PM
Yup, it was time last year.

My pity party now is about the notion of waiting to get a QB, you don’t build a great team and THEN try to find a QB, that’s ass backwards.

Not getting a QB is waiting another year to actually do something.

The cost is high, but most fans are oblivious to it.

Simple Jaded
12-29-2018, 11:17 PM

Yup, they’d rather go 8-8 than get a chance at solving the biggest issue on the team, but also reserve the right to hate the QB.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-30-2018, 12:50 AM
So, just curious, whatever happened to MO’s boy Jake Browning? I don’t watch much college ball outside the SEC but I haven’t heard anything about him. He’s a Husky, right? Playing vs Ohio State in the Rose Bowl? Is this guy any good? MO and some others seemed to really like him last year. I don’t think I’ve heard anyone talking about him this year. Did he fall off a cliff? Is he just actually not any good?

MOtorboat
12-30-2018, 12:57 AM
So, just curious, whatever happened to MO’s boy Jake Browning? I don’t watch much college ball outside the SEC but I haven’t heard anything about him. He’s a Husky, right? Playing vs Ohio State in the Rose Bowl? Is this guy any good? MO and some others seemed to really like him last year. I don’t think I’ve heard anyone talking about him this year. Did he fall off a cliff? Is he just actually not any good?

No. He's been decent, but not great. I still like him, but as I've said all along, not at No. 12 ... like mid-round flier, Kirk Cousins type.

Cugel
12-30-2018, 07:28 AM

Fans are actually oblivious to the fact that it is often simply impossible. The NFL sy system for finding and developing QBs is fundamentally broken. In a league where every team needs to have an elite passing QB to win, because the NFL has written the rules to favor passing over defense so much that you now need to have an elite passing QB to win consistently there simply aren't enough of them to go around.

There are not 32 such QBs available and most teams can't find one. Bernie Kosar last played for the Browns in 1993. In 2018 they may have finally found a QB. The Jets have been looking since Joe Namath, the Bills since Jim Kelly. People mock these teams but there's a lot of them. Teams that get lucky like the Colts landing Luck right after losing Manning are few.

Teams like the Browns that can go for decades without finding anybody good are plentiful. It's not all just stupidity that NFL franchised keep failing at their most important task of finding a franchise QB you can hire and use for 10+ seasons. It's reaalllly hard.

Most years there might be 1 QB everybody recognizes like Cam Newton in the draft, only he's drafted by the Panthers with the #1 pick and nobody else has a chance at him. The next QB taken was Jake Locker at #8 to the Titans and Blaine Gabbert at #10 to the Jaguars, then Christian Ponder at #12 to the Vikings. Bah Humbug!

Finally Andy Dalton was taken at #35 at top of the second round by the Bengals. Anybody want him? No.

Want Colin Kaepernick? Ryan Mallet? Rick Stanzi? TJ Yates? Nathan Enderle? But, it's possible to mold a late round QB into a successful starter, right! Tom Brady did it! So did Kurt Warner! So, it must be easy!

OK, you want Tyrod Taylor? That's you "late round QB success story" for 2011. We're done here.

So, if you needed a QB in 2011 and you were NOT the Panthers with the #1 pick, it's Colin Kaepernick, who has some significant passing limitations and is currently out of the league due to the boycott. So, nobody currently wants him anyway.

So, there was nobody to get. Sorry about that franchises that needed a QB! Better luck next year in 2012!

It might not be possible at all for the Broncos to find their future franchise QB in a draft class where there are virtually no franchise QBs available. Some will be drafted, and maybe somebody develops with intensive coaching and a little patience. Possibly the Broncos can find somebody, but more likely they are picking through the bargain basement bargain bin and there are only a few mis-matched socks left in the bin. Good luck!

aberdien
12-30-2018, 11:38 AM
I would be fine with keeping Keenum, drafting that Ohio State QB, and getting a creative OC who can coach him up.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-30-2018, 11:46 AM
I would be fine with keeping Keenum, drafting that Ohio State QB, and getting a creative OC who can coach him up.

Unfortunately he’ll be gone in the top 3

Slick
12-30-2018, 01:09 PM
The Ohio St kid is not a duel threat. He is slow as shit.

Valar Morghulis
12-30-2018, 01:11 PM

Chad Kelly is a truel duel threat - criminal trespassing or he can shoot the place up with an AK

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-30-2018, 01:15 PM

Maybe I am confused.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-30-2018, 01:16 PM

If you’ve seen Rypien you’ve seen Browning. Think Colt McCoy.

FanInAZ
12-30-2018, 01:40 PM
Chad Kelly is a truel duel threat - criminal trespassing or he can shoot the place up with an AK

Poet
12-30-2018, 02:02 PM

His ability to criminally trespass to set up his AK spray is incredible.

Shazam!
12-30-2018, 02:37 PM
Love me some Brett Rypien.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-30-2018, 05:02 PM
Love me some Brett Rypien.

Ok.

Nomad
12-30-2018, 05:24 PM
While I like Foles, he hasn't been all that impressive today especially with playoffs on the line.

Poet
12-30-2018, 05:25 PM
While I like Foles, he hasn't been all that impressive today especially with playoffs on the line.

Do you like Mahomes?

aberdien
12-30-2018, 05:30 PM
Keenum is so embarrassing.

Nomad
12-30-2018, 05:34 PM
Keenum is so embarrassing.

Sad thing.....he might be our QB next year, too.

Nomad
12-30-2018, 05:34 PM
Do you like Mahomes?

He is fun to watch, but he is also a Chief.

Poet
12-30-2018, 06:24 PM
He is fun to watch, but he is also a Chief.

Would you shake his hand if you met him?

slim
12-30-2018, 07:41 PM
Sad thing.....he might be our QB next year, too.

Why do you do this to me?

Poet
12-30-2018, 07:42 PM
Why do you do this to me?

He's not Elway. Elway did this to you.

slim
12-30-2018, 07:49 PM
He's not Elway. Elway did this to you.

Why do Nomad and Elway hate me?

Nomad
12-30-2018, 07:51 PM

I have no control. Elway does.

Poet
12-30-2018, 07:51 PM

Elway is lying to himself and thinks the team can contend now. Nomad is positive and has a big heart.

No one hates you, Slim.

I'm just really sad, broski. My heart is heavier than my stomach.

slim
12-30-2018, 07:53 PM
Elway is lying to himself and thinks the team can contend now. Nomad is positive and has a big heart.

No one hates you, Slim.

I refuse to believe that VJ or Case will be here next year.

MOtorboat
12-30-2018, 07:53 PM

No one hates you, Slim.

I hate Slim.

slim
12-30-2018, 07:54 PM
I have no control. Elway does.

I apologize for lashing out.

Nomad
12-30-2018, 07:54 PM
I hate Slim.

Slim is a good family man.

MOtorboat
12-30-2018, 07:55 PM

That’s what he wants you to think.

slim
12-30-2018, 07:57 PM
I hate Slim.

You don't mean that

slim
12-30-2018, 07:58 PM

I am a terrible family man, but I am trying!

MOtorboat
12-30-2018, 07:58 PM
You don't mean that

Probably.

Poet
12-30-2018, 08:01 PM
I refuse to believe that VJ or Case will be here next year.

:shocked:

UnderArmour
12-30-2018, 08:09 PM
Maybe the Vikings will call us and ask for Keenum back in exchange for Kirk... lol. Elway botched the QB situation, but at least Case isn't guaranteed $56 million more in salaries.

Simple Jaded
12-30-2018, 11:59 PM
How does Famous Jameis get zero votes? After all he’s done for you people.

dogfish
12-31-2018, 12:04 AM
buckle up, boys. . . gonna be a loooooong off-season. . .

Nomad
12-31-2018, 12:12 AM
buckle up, boys. . . gonna be a loooooong off-season. . .

Starting with changes......

HORSEPOWER 56
12-31-2018, 12:39 AM
How does Famous Jameis get zero votes? After all he’s done for you people.

It’s not a “who you want” vote. Not that anything would change, nobody wants Winston. Elway wouldn’t sign him anyway because, you know, he’s not exactly white...

Poet
12-31-2018, 12:41 AM
You think Elway is a racist?

slim
12-31-2018, 11:32 AM
You think Elway is a racist?

Stop

Nomad
12-31-2018, 02:02 PM
Foles getting the nod over Wentz. It'll be interesting if Foles lights it up in the playoffs.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-31-2018, 02:04 PM
Foles getting the nod over Wentz. It'll be interesting if Foles lights it up in the playoffs.

Wentz is healthy?

Poet
12-31-2018, 02:05 PM
Stop

I asked a question.

Nomad
12-31-2018, 02:08 PM
Wentz is healthy?

Not sure, but word on the street was Foles was gonna get the nod anyway because of his record in the playoffs. This only confirms him starting. Anyway, I see many folks are interested in Foles.

DenBronx
12-31-2018, 03:17 PM

Foles would be ok. The other two? Colossal mistakes.

DenBronx
12-31-2018, 03:18 PM

I hope Foles wins it again. Maybe the Eagles would be dumb enough to trade Wentz

Poet
12-31-2018, 03:19 PM
I hope Foles wins it again. Maybe the Eagles would be dumb enough to trade Wentz

I love Wentz but am starting to be scared he's somehow that damn big and made of glass.

I would cry tears of joy if we got him though. It would give me hope.

Valar Morghulis
12-31-2018, 03:20 PM
Joel wanted foles before it was cool to want foles

Poet
12-31-2018, 03:22 PM

He also wanted to put Von Miller at MLB and didn't want PFM but to spend all of the cap space on a shitty lot of FA OL players. Instead of the QB who can make a shitty OL look great...

This refutes nothing regarding your funny post. It was, however, a nice reminder of how stupid Joel is. Joel, **** around and get styled on my boy.

Northman
12-31-2018, 03:23 PM

Was it Joel? I thought it was that Corvette guy or some other poster.

dogfish
12-31-2018, 03:24 PM
Was it Joel? I thought it was that Corvette guy or some other poster.

superchop7 was the biggest foles advocate. . .

Freyaka
12-31-2018, 04:19 PM
One thing's for sure. Case Keenum is gone lol...

Elway said in his press conference today that he was going to shake some trees and try and find a QB. He followed it up with "At this time, Case Keenum is our QB"

Most of you will remember "At this time, Tim Tebow is our QB"

Elway's going to find us a QB this year.

Nomad
12-31-2018, 04:25 PM

Question is.....is it just an Eagles thing, or can Foles win away from the Eagles? Yeah, he won a game for the Chiefs.

Nomad
12-31-2018, 04:29 PM
Watching Drew Lock. I haven't seen anything special from him against a 6-6 Okie State team.

dogfish
12-31-2018, 04:38 PM
Elway's going to find us a QB this year.

where?

dogfish
12-31-2018, 04:39 PM
Question is.....is it just an Eagles thing, or can Foles win away from the Eagles? Yeah, he won a game for the Chiefs.

forget foles. . . find the next doug pederson. . .

Nomad
12-31-2018, 04:39 PM
where?

He'll magically get Aaron Rodgers.

Poet
12-31-2018, 04:40 PM
Prediction - Elways HC and QB decisions satisfy old white men who just want to run the damn ball and play hard nosed defense. It doesn't matter that almost every playoff team has as a good to great offense this year.

Nomad
12-31-2018, 04:43 PM
King....hit reset....have faith Elway will get this team heading in the right direction. He's proven he can do this.

Poet
12-31-2018, 04:50 PM
King....hit reset....have faith Elway will get this team heading in the right direction. He's proven he can do this.

Elway went from being bold and assertive to passive and scared. Don't worry, all the 65 year old Bronco fans will love this offseason.

Nomad
12-31-2018, 04:51 PM
Elway went from being bold and assertive to passive and scared. Don't worry, all the 65 year old Bronco fans will love this offseason.

I'm only 45, though.

Northman
12-31-2018, 04:54 PM

Now that Vaj is gone im totally excited for the offseason. Lets roll baby!

Northman
12-31-2018, 04:54 PM
I'm only 45, though.

For the first time this year im with this guy^

Poet
12-31-2018, 04:55 PM
I'm only 45, though.

Exactly - you'll hate the Flacco trade.

TXBRONC
12-31-2018, 05:00 PM
I love Wentz but am starting to be scared he's somehow that damn big and made of glass.

I would cry tears of joy if we got him though. It would give me hope.

There is always hope, just understand hope is not wishful thinking.

dogfish
12-31-2018, 05:05 PM

does it feel good to be on the right side for once?

Northman
12-31-2018, 05:07 PM
does it feel good to be on the right side for once?

Im always on the right side Dog, its you Foo's that keep straying from the path. :)

Nomad
12-31-2018, 05:27 PM

Hey, all I'm saying is we hit reset. Elway was enamored with Vance Joseph, and he found out that Joseph wasn't ready. I believe Elway can get the Broncos back to winning. He'll do a good job finding us a HC. And I'm sure he'll find the Broncos a QB.

Freyaka
12-31-2018, 06:49 PM
where?

Stafford?

Freyaka
12-31-2018, 06:50 PM
He'll magically get Aaron Rodgers.

This is the kind of positivity I can get on board with

Simple Jaded
12-31-2018, 08:06 PM
You guys, I have bad news...

Simple Jaded
12-31-2018, 08:08 PM
You guys, I have bad news...

This is devastating news...

Poet
12-31-2018, 08:08 PM

Simple Jaded
12-31-2018, 08:09 PM

Please sit down before reading.

https://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/2018/12/31/bucs-gm-jason-licht-to-coaching-candidates-jameis-winston-is-your-qb/

MOtorboat
12-31-2018, 08:25 PM

https://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/2018/12/31/bucs-gm-jason-licht-to-coaching-candidates-jameis-winston-is-your-qb/

That Jason Light maybe realizes taking Roberto Aguayo in the second round was a bad idea and set Dirk Koetter back a little?

Poet
12-31-2018, 08:26 PM

This is fine.

Simple Jaded
12-31-2018, 08:26 PM
This is fine.

You!

Poet
12-31-2018, 08:31 PM
You!

:coffee:

dogfish
12-31-2018, 10:10 PM
i didn't see the bad news?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-31-2018, 10:49 PM

Elway is bringing you in as a consultant?

Simple Jaded
12-31-2018, 10:51 PM
Elway is bringing you in as a consultant?

Shit, I’d take over the entire scouting department because me and Elway would scheme to get the politician out of Elway’s job.

Simple Jaded
12-31-2018, 10:52 PM
That Jason Light maybe realizes taking Roberto Aguayo in the second round was a bad idea and set Dirk Koetter back a little?

You!

Freyaka
01-01-2019, 03:35 PM

Since I am a Broncos fan, not a Bucs fan, this is FANTASTIC news. One less garbage QB on the market.

Simple Jaded
01-01-2019, 05:09 PM
Since I am a Broncos fan, not a Bucs fan, this is FANTASTIC news. One less garbage QB on the market.

After everything he’s done for you?

Poet
01-01-2019, 05:10 PM
I think a lot of the older people don't want some of the rookie QB's this year because they're black. Some of those people might be in the front office.

Simple Jaded
01-01-2019, 05:20 PM
I think a lot of the older people don't want some of the rookie QB's this year because they're black. Some of those people might be in the front office.

Pretty much.

Simple Jaded
01-01-2019, 05:21 PM
Speaking of black people, why do black signers/rappers constantly say their name in their songs?

Poet
01-01-2019, 05:27 PM
Speaking of black people, why do black signers/rappers constantly say their name in their songs?

Because white people think they all look and sound alike.

Valar Morghulis
01-01-2019, 05:28 PM

boom!

Simple Jaded
01-01-2019, 05:29 PM

Guilty.

Simple Jaded
01-01-2019, 05:30 PM
Not one vote for famous Jameis, it’s science.

Poet
01-01-2019, 05:31 PM
Nomad, Hoof, Dread, and any other white guy over the age of 40, I'm sorry.

But, I'm also right.

Simple Jaded
01-01-2019, 05:32 PM
My boy Jameis is legitimately the 4th or 5th best QB on that list and is (was) one of the most realistic.

Valar Morghulis
01-01-2019, 05:34 PM
My boy Jameis is legitimately the 4th or 5th best QB on that list and is (was) one of the most realistic.

At 24 years old - i think he could genuinely lead a franchise successfully for another decade, if he is not a gigantic ass hat

Poet
01-01-2019, 05:40 PM

He's staying in Tampa.

Look, Elway is either going to man up and draft a QB, or he's not. We're kind of his hostage at this point.

Simple Jaded
01-01-2019, 05:40 PM
At 24 years old - i think he could genuinely lead a franchise successfully for another decade, if he is not a gigantic ass hat

Oh, he’s a giant asshat, but I know the talent is there.

aberdien
01-01-2019, 06:29 PM

Can't be that realistic if he's still under contract with the Bucs!

Also, he is a bad person (prequel to Baker Mayfield) and I support not having bad people on our team.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-01-2019, 06:32 PM
Nomad, Hoof, Dread, and any other white guy over the age of 40, I'm sorry.

But, I'm also right.
That is offensive and insulting, but I forgive you