PDA

View Full Version : How Phillip Lindsay Went from Undrafted to Pro Bowl—Without Ever Leaving Home

Denver Native (Carol)
12-27-2018, 04:40 PM
AURORA, Colo. — A delivery truck from a local appliance store pulls up to the Lindsay house. On the truck are a refrigerator, a stove and a microwave.

The appliances are Christmas presents from Phillip Lindsay to his mother. Another delivery truck will come soon with a brown La-Z-Boy recliner. That's for his father.

It is, Lindsay knows, the least he can do. After all, the 24-year-old Broncos rookie running back must be the only player in the NFL who is still living in mom and dad's house.

Lindsay himself arrived home Christmas morning at 4 a.m. after the Broncos' Monday night loss in Oakland. In the first quarter of the game, he surpassed 1,000 rushing yards for the season, becoming the third undrafted running back in league history to top that mark. But then in the third quarter, a silver helmet struck his wrist like a mallet on a crab shell. He was done for the game, and done for the season.

rest - really long, but a great article - https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2812258-how-phillip-lindsay-went-from-undrafted-to-pro-bowl-without-ever-leaving-home

Denver Native (Carol)
12-27-2018, 04:41 PM
From the same article - I love this -

Elway and Joseph called back, needing an answer. Lindsay was resigned to becoming a Bronco but still salty.

"I'm coming," Lindsay told them tersely. "But mark my words: When I get there, and we are done, I'm going to be the starting running back."

And with that, he hung up the phone on his new bosses.

Poet
12-27-2018, 04:42 PM
From the same article - I love this -
I love this too, Carol!

Sometimes you gotta style on the whole damn front office. :coffee:

Nomad
12-27-2018, 04:42 PM
ESPN did a good segment of him, his family, going back to his HS, etc. before the game on Monday afternoon.

Poet
12-27-2018, 04:43 PM
ESPN did a good segment of him, his family, going back to his HS, etc. before the game on Monday afternoon.

Small man. Large rage.

Timmy!
12-27-2018, 06:03 PM
But.draft.position means everytbjngggnggfmmsksjdjff d *

Poet
12-27-2018, 06:56 PM

No one ever said it meant everything. Just that it certainly helps.

Troll better. :D

Timmy!
12-27-2018, 07:53 PM
No one ever said it meant everything. Just that it certainly helps.

Troll better. :D

In this scenario, it meant absolutely nothing. Comprehend more weller.

Poet
12-27-2018, 07:57 PM
In this scenario, it meant absolutely nothing. Comprehend more weller.

:rolleyes:

Nomad
12-27-2018, 08:00 PM
:rolleyes:

I can't believe you'd disrespect Timmy like that. :tsk:

Poet
12-27-2018, 08:03 PM
I can't believe you'd disrespect Timmy like that. :tsk:

I love Timmy.

But everyone here is bad to everyone here, so just focus on Lindsay.

Nomad
12-27-2018, 08:06 PM
Lindsay is a very humble kid, from what I watched. It's not easy growing up with wood paneling in your home after 1990.

Poet
12-27-2018, 08:08 PM
Lindsay is a very humble kid, from what I watched. It's not easy growing up with wood paneling in your home after 1990.

We got some in the house right now.

Nomad
12-27-2018, 08:10 PM
We got some in the house right now.

I grew up in a house with wood paneling. Anyway, for some reason, that stuck out at me during the interview with Lindsay. LoL.

Poet
12-27-2018, 08:20 PM
I grew up in a house with wood paneling. Anyway, for some reason, that stuck out at me during the interview with Lindsay. LoL.

Lindsay styles.

Timmy!
12-28-2018, 02:03 AM

We had wood paneling still when i graduated high school in 1999. I loved it.

Elevation inc
12-28-2018, 08:29 AM
I love Timmy.

But everyone here is bad to everyone here, so just focus on Lindsay.

I am not...pffffttttt

Elevation inc
12-28-2018, 08:30 AM
Lindsay is a beast...King I'm with you. I'm glad he styled on the FO....even I said who when they drafted David Williams......

Simple Jaded
12-28-2018, 03:48 PM
Lindsay went undrafted for a reason, and that reason still exists. In fact, one could argue that it led to his current situation.

Besides, if you can get draft position it doesn’t mean you can’t still sign Lindsay, it means you have a chance at NOT having Case Keenum.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-28-2018, 03:51 PM
Lindsay went undrafted for a reason, and that reason still exists. In fact, one could argue that it led to his current situation.

Besides, if you can get draft position it doesn’t mean you can’t still sign Lindsay, it means you have a chance at NOT having Case Keenum.

I told you honkeys he’d get hurt if we didn’t limit his touches similar to the way Sproles has been used throughout his career.

Poet
12-28-2018, 03:55 PM
I told you honkeys he’d get hurt if we didn’t limit his touches similar to the way Sproles has been used throughout his career.

I think you mean *we*, here.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-28-2018, 04:16 PM
I think you mean *we*, here.

Come again?!

Poet
12-28-2018, 04:22 PM
Come again?!

They styled on me for this.

Simple Jaded
12-29-2018, 02:42 AM
Well ya’ll (both of you) were right, imo.

Valar Morghulis
12-29-2018, 09:02 AM

Yeah we should trade all our first, second and third round picks for lots of sixth rounders so that we can just continue to draft late round gems and sweep up the undrafted rookie class - save us a fortune on 1st round contracts.

Championship

Poet
12-29-2018, 02:09 PM
Yeah we should trade all our first, second and third round picks for lots of sixth rounders so that we can just continue to draft late round gems and sweep up the undrafted rookie class - save us a fortune on 1st round contracts.

Championship

Them boys dead but they too proud to admit it.

Simple Jaded
12-29-2018, 03:20 PM
Murderdance.