PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 17 (Chargers week)

VonDoom
12-26-2018, 04:54 PM
Mercifully, we’re almost done

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 12m12 minutes ago
John Elway was asked about the Broncos' effort vs. Raiders and the accusation by Jason Witten that Bradley Roby quit on a play: "I’m actually in that process of looking at the tape now. I think overall it was fine. It’s never perfect, but we’re looking at the process now."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago
Vance Joseph said Phillip Lindsay is “most likely” headed to IR to clear a roster spot.

Jospeh said Lindsay will need surgery and is facing a 3-4-month rehab.

Joseph said Andre Holmes has a high ankle sprain. Not sure if he’ll be able to play Sunday “but right now it doesn’t look good.”

VonDoom
12-26-2018, 04:55 PM
TV maps here:

http://506sports.com/

MOtorboat
12-26-2018, 05:47 PM
I have sat and stared at that Elway quote for about five minutes.

I just don’t know, man.

Poet
12-26-2018, 06:02 PM
I have sat and stared at that Elway quote for about five minutes.

I just don’t know, man.

What does Elway have in common with Thanos?

Nomad
12-26-2018, 07:25 PM
TV maps here:

http://506sports.com/

Yesterday, our GCI TV guide had the Broncos game, but I see they’ve changed it. I wish they would of shown the Ravens/Browns instead of Raiders/Chiefs (I get it's regional) if I can’t watch Broncos.

Oh well......Beat dem Chargers. Go Broncos.

Poet
12-26-2018, 07:31 PM
Draft position so that the new coach has more options.

Tank!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-26-2018, 08:01 PM
Draft position so that the new coach has more options.

Tank!

“Youth movement” you troll!

It was obvious that was the direction Elway was headed when he traded DT.

Poet
12-26-2018, 08:15 PM
“Youth movement” you troll!

It was obvious that was the direction Elway was headed when he traded DT.

He just never totally commits to a plan. It's not charming, or very useful.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-26-2018, 08:17 PM
He just never totally commits to a plan. It's not charming, or very useful.
Charming?

Poet
12-26-2018, 08:18 PM
Charming?

I'm trying to be cordial in my language.

GM's who do half-baked rebuilds while saying they're trying to be contenders aren't lying, usually, but it casts that GM in a certain light.

dogfish
12-26-2018, 11:47 PM
i wonder if we're finally gonna play deangelo henderson this week. . .

Poet
12-26-2018, 11:49 PM

They almost cut him four times before the season...I don't think he'll ever get many snaps, if any, with VJ.

Nomad
12-26-2018, 11:55 PM

Play to win, dog. My daughter's 14th birthday on Sunday. She's been a Bronco fan since birth, and likes to win. ;)

VonDoom
12-27-2018, 07:39 AM

He's a Jet, so probably not.

Elevation inc
12-27-2018, 07:56 AM
Play to win, dog. My daughter's 14th birthday on Sunday. She's been a Bronco fan since birth, and likes to win. ;)

If this game wasn't a division opponent, It wouldn't tear me apart if we lost. Since it is we damn well better win and mess up their playoff seeding. I mean who really doesn't wanna see Keenan Allen and rivers cry again......seriously......

Valar Morghulis
12-27-2018, 08:36 AM
I don't understand wanting to draft a qb next year, but also wanting to beat the chargers.

Lose to L.A., Get rid of Joseph and leave us with less to trade up in the first to get a qb

Or

beat the chargers, drop a few draft positions and perhaps lose the chance at a qb.

I don't see how winning one game, division rival or not is significant to anyone wanting long term success

Obviously we could draft a bust, but you gotta put yourself in positions to win, beating L.A. Pushes us further away from that.

UnderArmour
12-27-2018, 09:05 AM
I don't understand wanting to draft a qb next year, but also wanting to beat the chargers.

Lose to L.A., Get rid of Joseph and leave us with less to trade up in the first to get a qb

Or

beat the chargers, drop a few draft positions and perhaps lose the chance at a qb.

I don't see how winning one game, division rival or not is significant to anyone wanting long term success

Obviously we could draft a bust, but you gotta put yourself in positions to win, beating L.A. Pushes us further away from that.

You're implying that this team and coaching staff could actually beat the Chargers. With no Harris, no Sanders, and no Lindsay in a game that the Chargers know they actually have a realistic shot at the 1 seed with the way KC's defense is blowing chunks lately, you're asking the wrong questions here. This team has no chance on Sunday. This coaching staff is probably the worst in the NFL right now. The team looked deflated against the Raiders.

IF this team actually comes close to a win, it will be because Von has a big game. This team definitely doesn't have to worry about trying to tank, because they really are that horribly coached.

On a side note, this has honestly been the toughest season of Broncos football I've watched. At least when we were 4-12, we got to watch Tebow and our young receivers grow. Sutton so far has not made the most of his reps and Lindsay is out, so I guess the silver lining is that Hamilton looks like the real deal.

1 more week.

Valar Morghulis
12-27-2018, 10:31 AM
You're implying that this team and coaching staff could actually beat the Chargers. With no Harris, no Sanders, and no Lindsay in a game that the Chargers know they actually have a realistic shot at the 1 seed with the way KC's defense is blowing chunks lately, you're asking the wrong questions here. This team has no chance on Sunday. This coaching staff is probably the worst in the NFL right now. The team looked deflated against the Raiders.

IF this team actually comes close to a win, it will be because Von has a big game. This team definitely doesn't have to worry about trying to tank, because they really are that horribly coached.

On a side note, this has honestly been the toughest season of Broncos football I've watched. At least when we were 4-12, we got to watch Tebow and our young receivers grow. Sutton so far has not made the most of his reps and Lindsay is out, so I guess the silver lining is that Hamilton looks like the real deal.

1 more week.

I was more referring to fans that want to beat LA (and draft a qb) as opposed to our actual capacity to beat them!

Nomad
12-27-2018, 11:18 AM
Elway's message to the locker room ahead of Week 17.........
https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Article/John-Elways-message-to-the-Broncos-ahead-of-Week-17-is-absolute-Theyre-still-getting-paid-126883137/

UnderArmour
12-27-2018, 01:29 PM
I was more referring to fans that want to beat LA (and draft a qb) as opposed to our actual capacity to beat them!

Honestly, I'm with those fans on this. Any time the Denver Broncos take the field, I will never root against their on-field success. Ending the year with a win against the team with the 2nd best record in the AFC would be huge for luring free agents and good coaches here, a season sweep even more-so. With that said, there is very little chance of that happening.

Poet
12-27-2018, 01:36 PM
Honestly, I'm with those fans on this. Any time the Denver Broncos take the field, I will never root against their on-field success. Ending the year with a win against the team with the 2nd best record in the AFC would be huge for luring free agents and good coaches here, a season sweep even more-so. With that said, there is very little chance of that happening.

I don't think most FA's would really care. We beat a division rival, twice. So what? We were still awful. I think you're overestimating the value in the win.

Elway's message to the locker room ahead of Week 17.........
https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Article/John-Elways-message-to-the-Broncos-ahead-of-Week-17-is-absolute-Theyre-still-getting-paid-126883137/

Too bad no one can send a message to Elway like "humble yourself," or "you don't understand modern NFL quarterbacking," or "People outside Denver think it's hilarious you want Shanahan back," or "we love you, but you have to do better."

Or

When they're on the field, I want them to win. Before the game, and after the game, I want the logically best result. Losing clearly is that.

dogfish
12-27-2018, 02:18 PM
He's a Jet, so probably not.

joke. . . ;)

VonDoom
12-27-2018, 03:34 PM
Some changes to the TV maps:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2018&wk=17

NightTerror218
12-27-2018, 07:07 PM
I think if the team rolls over and loses it shows a poor mentality of the team and locker room leadership which could affect a coach wanting to come here.

Poet
12-27-2018, 07:15 PM
I think if the team rolls over and loses it shows a poor mentality of the team and locker room leadership which could affect a coach wanting to come here.

The team is going to have a massive amount of turnover. The second year of a HC's gig, there's usually a lot of turnover, too. This argument is a reach. :salute:

Nomad
12-27-2018, 07:17 PM
The team is going to have a massive amount of turnover. The second year of a HC's gig, there's usually a lot of turnover, too. This argument is a reach. :salute:

Same with the QBs in the 2019 NFL draft.

Poet
12-27-2018, 07:18 PM
Same with the QBs in the 2019 NFL draft.

Great. So you agree now that we should have taken a QB last year, then right? You've already admitted you were wrong on CK, so take the next logical step. I get it, you don't care about offense, nor do you care about QB's, and you'd rather the team suck ass but win meaningless games than actually bite the bullet and try to fix the problem. I never took you as a half-ass it type of guy.

:salute:

Nomad
12-27-2018, 07:21 PM
Great. So you agree now that we should have taken a QB last year, then right? You've already admitted you were wrong on CK, so take the next logical step. I get it, you don't care about offense, nor do you care about QB's, and you'd rather the team suck ass but win meaningless games than actually bite the bullet and try to fix the problem. I never took you as a half-ass it type of guy.

:salute:

Not Rosen. Nelson is heading to the Pro Bowl, and probably All-Pro. Rosen is almost crying on the sidelines.

Now, if you said let's go get Greedy Williams this year, I might be on board.

Poet
12-27-2018, 07:27 PM
Not Rosen. Nelson is heading to the Pro Bowl, and probably All-Pro. Rosen is almost crying on the sidelines.

Now, if you said let's go get Greedy Williams this year, I might be on board.

I forgive you.

FanInAZ
12-27-2018, 09:08 PM
We don't need to tank anything, Chargers by 20+ :tsk:

Poet
12-27-2018, 09:12 PM
We don't need to tank anything, Chargers by 20+ :tsk:

We are going to **** up and win this game.

FanInAZ
12-27-2018, 09:18 PM
We are going to **** up and win this game.

I'll make a sig bet with anyone who'll take the Broncos +10 points.

Poet
12-27-2018, 09:19 PM
I'll make a sig bet with anyone who'll take the Broncos +10 points.

Oh god no.

It's going to be some stupid score like 19 to 13 or 26 to 22.

FanInAZ
12-27-2018, 09:49 PM
Oh god no.

It's going to be some stupid score like 19 to 13 or 26 to 22.

Then you'd win the bet. If the Broncos win or the Chargers win by less then 10 points, then you'd win.

Poet
12-27-2018, 09:50 PM
Then you'd win the bet. If the Broncos win or the Chargers win by less then 10 points, then you'd win.

Hmmm....

Elevation inc
12-28-2018, 07:19 AM

So basically me. I hate all our division rivals more then I care about 3-5 draft slots, its just what it is....I would love to see rivers get owned and Allen get rocked any Sunday.....

Valar Morghulis
12-28-2018, 07:43 AM
So basically me. I hate all our division rivals more then I care about 3-5 draft slots, its just what it is....I would love to see rivers get owned and Allen get rocked any Sunday.....

It was more than just you.

I just don't understand the mindset that winning an irrelevant game is more important than giving us a better chance at prolonged success.

Each to there own though.

Davii
12-28-2018, 07:47 AM

I just don't understand the mindset that winning an irrelevant game is more important than giving us a better chance at prolonged success.

*their

:tsk:

:lol: just ******* with you

Valar Morghulis
12-28-2018, 07:50 AM
*their

:tsk:

:lol: just ******* with you

nice!!!

dogfish
12-28-2018, 07:53 AM

and when you do, lad, you'll be well on your way to being as stubborn, as grand, as petty as it takes to be a real damn american. . .

Valar Morghulis
12-28-2018, 07:54 AM
and when you do, lad, you'll be well on your way to being as stubborn, as grand, as petty as it takes to be a real damn american. . .

i long for that day!

Elevation inc
12-28-2018, 08:21 AM

The game is played to win, you don't play a game to lose so you can draft 3 spots better.....now talent is always a factor as we have seen with Denver at Qb lol......but the bottom line is you play this game to win....

VonDoom
12-28-2018, 08:37 AM

While I agree with this in theory, us winning on Sunday hurts the Chargers and helps ... the Chiefs. So it really doesn’t matter to me. I won’t root for a loss but I won’t be too upset either (just like week 17 last year)

Valar Morghulis
12-28-2018, 08:40 AM
The game is played to win, you don't play a game to lose so you can draft 3 spots better.....now talent is always a factor as we have seen with Denver at Qb lol......but the bottom line is you play this game to win....

Fair enough. To me, winning a small fracas to increase the likelihood of continued mediocrity is the antithesis of winning.

I get we see it differently though.

Elevation inc
12-28-2018, 08:57 AM
While I agree with this in theory, us winning on Sunday hurts the Chargers and helps ... the Chiefs. So it really doesn’t matter to me. I won’t root for a loss but I won’t be too upset either (just like week 17 last year)

I hate the Chiefs as well but I would rather have them win the west then the chargers. But as Valar said to each his own, and I do understand the draft side of things as well....I just cant bring myself to root for the broncos to lose....never have.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-28-2018, 09:00 AM
I hate the Chiefs as well but I would rather have them win the west then the chargers. But as Valar said to each his own, and I do understand the draft side of things as well....I just cant bring myself to root for the broncos to lose....never have.

I’m with INC. Before and after the game I’ll be wanting better draft position. But during the game? No way, I’ll never root against them during a game.

VonDoom
12-28-2018, 10:52 AM

Putting aside our game, all things being equal, I’d prefer the Chargers to win the division over the Chiefs. They’re my least hated division rival, if there is such a thing

BroncoJoe
12-28-2018, 11:02 AM
Putting aside our game, all things being equal, I’d prefer the Chargers to win the division over the Chiefs. They’re my least hated division rival, if there is such a thing

I agree. As much as I hate Rivers, it's only because he's a division rival QB. It wouldn't break my heart to see him win a SB.

Then, I regain my senses and hope they're one-and-done! :D

Davii
12-28-2018, 11:12 AM
I agree. As much as I hate Rivers, it's only because he's a division rival QB. It wouldn't break my heart to see him win a SB.

Then, I regain my senses and hope they're one-and-done! :D

Chargers win a SB? LOL

Nomad
12-28-2018, 02:20 PM
VJ's presser...... https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/joseph-starters-will-play-normal-reps-in-season-finale

VonDoom
12-28-2018, 02:31 PM
Mike Klis Verified account @MikeKlis 43m43 minutes ago

Phillip Lindsay, Andre Holmes on IR. Broncos signing two players outside building. New players About future. #9sports

Nicki JhabvalaVerified account @NickiJhabvala 35m35 minutes ago

The new Broncos signings are OLB Aaron Wallace and CB Horace Richardson, per source.

FanInAZ
12-28-2018, 03:21 PM
VJ's presser...... https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/joseph-starters-will-play-normal-reps-in-season-finale

Was the presser held outdoors? VJ look really cold.

BroncoJoe
12-30-2018, 11:54 AM
Chargers win a SB? LOL

I'm thinking it would be better than the Chiefs winning it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-30-2018, 11:59 AM
I'm thinking it would be better than the Chiefs winning it.

The chargers have a better chance because they’re more balanced. I wouldn’t be surprised if KC doesn’t win a playoff game.

Davii
12-30-2018, 12:28 PM
The chargers have a better chance because they’re more balanced. I wouldn’t be surprised if KC doesn’t win a playoff game.

Nor I, but the Chargers won't win the SB. If they make it, which I highly doubt, I don't see them beating the Saints, Rams, or Bears...