PDA

View Full Version : Phillip Lindsay finished for season with wrist injury

Denver Native (Carol)
12-25-2018, 08:14 PM
Broncos rookie running back Phillip Lindsay will miss the final game of season Sunday against the Chargers, and will likely miss the Pro Bowl after tests revealed significant damage to his right wrist.

Lindsay will get a second opinion later this week, but an MRI exam on Christmas morning showed ligament damage and a possible scaphoid fracture, sources told 9News.

In the Broncos' loss to the Oakland Raiders on Monday night, Lindsay did gain 46 yards on 10 carries to eclipse the 1,000-yard rushing milestone. He will finish with 1,037 yards, but will miss the chance to break the NFL record of 1,104 yards for undrafted rookie running backs that Indianapolis' Dominic Rhodes set in 2001.

A media throng gathered around Lindsay's locker in the visiting locker room of Oakland-Alameda County Stadium on Monday night will not be surprised by the news. Unable to use this right wrist, Lindsay needed to have his jacket collar adjusted by 9News reporter Rod Mackey, who was waiting to interview him live, and Broncos' public relations assistant Seth Medvin buttoned Lindsay's shirt and put on his tie.

rest - https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/phillip-lindsay-finished-for-season-with-wrist-injury/73-ed34bc6f-ce87-4ba1-ab6f-018f17cd47d7

Nomad
12-25-2018, 08:17 PM
He had a great season, and hope he heals 100% coming back even stronger.

Davii
12-25-2018, 08:20 PM
I feel for the kid, I can only imagine how disappointed he is. I'm excited to see him grow and improve!

Heal up Phil!

dogfish
12-25-2018, 09:59 PM
obviously hate to see him get hurt-- but better a wrist than a knee. . .

Poet
12-25-2018, 10:23 PM
obviously hate to see him get hurt-- but better a wrist than a knee. . .

Let's just hope his wrist doesn't go the way of Shane Ray.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-26-2018, 12:06 AM
Let's just hope his wrist doesn't go the way of Shane Ray.
Yeah, no kidding

Denver Native (Carol)
12-26-2018, 01:27 PM
Mike Klis
‏Verified account @MikeKlis
2h2 hours ago

Big issue with Phillip Lindsay's wrist is torn ligaments around scaphoid bone (one of the "carpal" bones.) Headed for surgery barring different 2nd opinion. It's a 4-to-6 month injury. Might be able to do non-contact stuff in OTAs and be ready for start of training camp. #9sports

According to Sandy Clough, TheFan, this is same as, or similar to Shane Ray's injury.

Poet
12-26-2018, 01:39 PM
Mike Klis
2h2 hours ago

Big issue with Phillip Lindsay's wrist is torn ligaments around scaphoid bone (one of the "carpal" bones.) Headed for surgery barring different 2nd opinion. It's a 4-to-6 month injury. Might be able to do non-contact stuff in OTAs and be ready for start of training camp. #9sports

According to Sandy Clough, TheFan, this is same as, or similar to Shane Ray's injury.

This absolutely blows.

FanInAZ
12-26-2018, 01:53 PM
Its unfortunate that this happened to our best player on O, but with it something that should be healed up well in advance of next years training camp, we can look forward to other backs getting extra touch in order to hopefully develop more depth.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-26-2018, 02:55 PM
Mike Klis

Although he can't play, Phillip Lindsay badly wanted to attend Pro Bowl after he earned it as first-ever undrafted offensive rookie. Big problem: A check with NFL revealed league doesn't compensate unless a full participant. No flight, lodging, player's share, nothing. #9sports

So then, someone started the following:

Send Phillip Lindsay to the Pro Bowl!
https://www.gofundme.com/send-phillip-lindsay-to-the-pro-bowl

Tangerine
12-26-2018, 05:08 PM
Ugh, will this crappy season just end already...

Bronco4ever
12-26-2018, 05:38 PM
It's a shame Lindsay can't break the UDFA rushing record. I think he was about 70 yards or so off. Between missing the end of the Raiders game, getting ejected from the Ravens game, and on IR this last game, he would have crushed the record had he not missed so much time.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-26-2018, 08:23 PM
It's a shame Lindsay can't break the UDFA rushing record. I think he was about 70 yards or so off. Between missing the end of the Raiders game, getting ejected from the Ravens game, and on IR this last game, he would have crushed the record had he not missed so much time.

I don’t know. I think they were giving him too many touches at times, based on his size. I’m not surprised he got injured.

Poet
12-26-2018, 08:28 PM
I don’t know. I think they were giving him too many touches at times, based on his size. I’m not surprised he got injured.

He does not need to get more than 15-20 touches a game. He's not built for it.

Simple Jaded
12-26-2018, 10:02 PM
I have a bad feeling about this, I just saw the play he was injured on ... he’s gonna be jacking off left-handed for 2 years, minimum.

Simple Jaded
12-26-2018, 10:05 PM
Mike Klis

Although he can't play, Phillip Lindsay badly wanted to attend Pro Bowl after he earned it as first-ever undrafted offensive rookie. Big problem: A check with NFL revealed league doesn't compensate unless a full participant. No flight, lodging, player's share, nothing. #9sports

So then, someone started the following:

Send Phillip Lindsay to the Pro Bowl!
https://www.gofundme.com/send-phillip-lindsay-to-the-pro-bowl

Umm ... no.

Poet
12-26-2018, 10:08 PM
Umm ... no.

Yeah...that seems like a strange use of money.

Davii
12-26-2018, 10:23 PM
Yeah...that seems like a strange use of money.

Lol, it's up over a grand and some woman gave 200$.

Chances of Lindsay getting that money are slim, chances of him accepting it if given is even moreso.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-26-2018, 10:25 PM
He can afford the airfare for cryin’ out loud.

Simple Jaded
12-26-2018, 10:41 PM
Lol, it's up over a grand and some woman gave 200$.

Chances of Lindsay getting that money are slim, chances of him accepting it if given is even moreso.

I like this, especially if Lindsay came out and said “I appreciate it but no thanks, I’m good”