PDA

View Full Version : Travis Henry Wins Appeal

Stand Ablaze
12-04-2007, 05:08 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mason/2007/12/04/travis-henry-wins-appeal/

The Broncos issued the following in a statement Tuesday afternoon:

“We are pleased with this outcome and happy that Travis has been absolved of any wrongdoing with respect to this matter.

“The Broncos look forward to Travis Henry’s continued participation on the playing field.”

Ricky
12-04-2007, 05:12 PM
Now, if he could just get healthy.

underrated29
12-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Whooo Hoooo!!!1

Just Wait, When He Is Healhty He Will Dominate!!!

NameUsedBefore
12-04-2007, 05:26 PM
I think Henry got away with it, TBH. But whatever, he needs to get healty and help us win four games in a row and also help us collect some horse shoes, clovers, rabbits feet, do a lot of things 7-times over, break a few wishbones and keep a keen eye out for those flying stars.

Nomad
12-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Let's hope he loses the fumblitis he had last weekend.

Buff
12-04-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm happier about the fact that he won't be suspended for the first 12 weeks of next season than I am about him getting through the current one... (That's assuming the Broncos choose to keep him over the off season.)

Granted, he's an idiot and he can't stay healthy, but when he is healthy, the dude's a force. I think that he and Selvin Young could be a dynamic 1-2 duo if they could stay healthy-- but that's a big if.

Stand Ablaze
12-04-2007, 06:14 PM
Travis Henry talks (by phone) about winning the appeal:

http://www.cbs4denver.com/video/?id=37022@kcnc.dayport.com

Lonestar
12-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Well I was wrong on this I really thought he would be suspended.. I guess that the lawyers talked Goodell out of it.

I do not think he was Innocent just found not guilty. A good lawyer can do wonders for a guilty defendant.

Now his kiddies will not starve.. I'll sleep better knowing that all 9 kids will have sustenance..

underrated29
12-04-2007, 08:42 PM
oh come on jr, this isnt the simpson trial here. The laywers didnt convince them of something that wasnt there. Like jim carrey in liar liar.

Do you really think in all of travis henry's infinite wisdom ie. 9 kids and women (that we know of), breaking the policy twice before, and being in a situation to possibly get himself out of millions of dollars. That he would be able to out SMART a lie detector test. And then out smart two piss test (one before and after) and out smart the league. Namely goodell.

Nah, theres now way the dude is that smart, even with luck he couldnt have pulled all that off, if he really was guilty.

Hemight be guilty of being a moron and being in bad situations, but there is no league rule about hanging out with pot, only smoking it.

broncosfanscott
12-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Well I am glad to see that he won his appeal. I first thought he would be suspended for sure and then once the decision was being delayed more than most of us thought, I just had a feeling that he would win. Now as stated by Ricky, I hope he can remain healthy because we need him for those goal to go situations. Now that this is behind him I hope he has learned his lesson and makes sure he is never in those situations to begin with.

Lonestar
12-04-2007, 08:56 PM
oh come on jr, this isnt the simpson trial here. The laywers didnt convince them of something that wasnt there. Like jim carrey in liar liar.

Do you really think in all of travis henry's infinite wisdom ie. 9 kids and women (that we know of), breaking the policy twice before, and being in a situation to possibly get himself out of millions of dollars. That he would be able to out SMART a lie detector test. And then out smart two piss test (one before and after) and out smart the league. Namely goodell.

Nah, theres now way the dude is that smart, even with luck he couldnt have pulled all that off, if he really was guilty.

Hemight be guilty of being a moron and being in bad situations, but there is no league rule about hanging out with pot, only smoking it.

Is there any doubt in your mind this clown did not have a snort toke what ever it is called after taking the first test knowing he was a few days away from being off of probation.. If all he did was stand around and inhale others smoke that is enough IMO to get him gone..

But what was smart and this is what saved his bacon was to sue after the test was conducted without his rep being present.. That was what tipped the scales all the rest of the stuff is smoke (pardon the pun) screen that allows the league to save face..

I'll bet you almost any amount of money that the "B" sample will only be tested from this day on under the supervision of the players, his testing rep and maybe even his lawyer.. So NO ONE can cry foul again..

This FUBAR will never happen again..

BANJOPICKER1
12-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Well I am glad to see that he won his appeal. I first thought he would be suspended for sure and then once the decision was being delayed more than most of us thought, I just had a feeling that he would win. Now as stated by Ricky, I hope he can remain healthy because we need him for those goal to go situations. Now that this is behind him I hope he has learned his lesson and makes sure he is never in those situations to begin with.

Yea,he learns his lessons in life!!:DLOL

DenBronx
12-05-2007, 12:03 AM
so since henry won his appeal does this mean he is finally past his probation? meaning if he was busted for this again it would be like a first time offence?

Stand Ablaze
12-05-2007, 12:14 AM
so since henry won his appeal does this mean he is finally past his probation? meaning if he was busted for this again it would be like a first time offence?

He will remain in the substance abuse program, and must continue to adhere to all aspects of it. So I don't think it would be treated as a first time offence.

keithbishop
12-05-2007, 05:33 AM
Rare good news for the Broncos. Time for Henry to put this behind him and perform.

SR
12-05-2007, 05:46 AM

Not really the right context, but close.

omac
12-05-2007, 07:40 AM
Now, if he could just get healthy.

Exactly the first thought that came to my mind! :beer:

Except for the first few games before he was injured, he hasn't been much of a force. He, and all the Broncos for that matter, have to find a way to stay healthy, or find out if anything in their routine is causing them to have more injuries. I don't want another season with this much injuries to key players.

omac
12-05-2007, 07:46 AM
Is there any doubt in your mind this clown did not have a snort toke what ever it is called after taking the first test knowing he was a few days away from being off of probation.. If all he did was stand around and inhale others smoke that is enough IMO to get him gone..

But what was smart and this is what saved his bacon was to sue after the test was conducted without his rep being present.. That was what tipped the scales all the rest of the stuff is smoke (pardon the pun) screen that allows the league to save face..

I'll bet you almost any amount of money that the "B" sample will only be tested from this day on under the supervision of the players, his testing rep and maybe even his lawyer.. So NO ONE can cry foul again..

This is a good thing for the rights of the players. I appreciate what Goodell is trying to accomplish, but by the way he's been making his rulings, he sometimes seems like he has too much power. This will make him pause before thinking he can do anything to players, despite any court's findings.

Retired_Member_001
12-05-2007, 08:18 AM
This is going to sound pessimistic, but I still don't trust him and I still want a new running back. Travis Henry obviously has 'issues' and he obviously cannot be trusted.

He also lacks the speed to break deep runs.

He also has injury problems.

underrated29
12-05-2007, 09:17 AM
travis has said he is only at 80%. And he doesnt have his acceleration or top end speed from the torn pcl and his other injury,knee?

Just give him a chance, he and young or hall, like someone else said will be the dominant running backs in the game next year.

rcsodak
12-05-2007, 04:10 PM
...hate it when I'm right..... :coffee:

Requiem / The Dagda
12-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Travis Henry ran a 4.61 at the NFL Combine. (I have no idea why that post I just had that stated that was deleted.) A former Volunteer, Robert Meachem - ran a 4.39. Maybe Couch Scout is wrong? Well, I know they are wrong.

rcsodak
12-05-2007, 05:32 PM
That's no fair, top....

I want that 'delete' power too.....:laugh:

topscribe
12-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Travis Henry ran a 4.61 at the NFL Combine. (I have no idea why that post I just had that stated that was deleted.) A former Volunteer, Robert Meachem - ran a 4.39. Maybe Couch Scout is wrong? Well, I know they are wrong.

You may be right. Coach Scout has him at 4.39, and I thought I also saw it
elsewhere, but I might have got him mixed up with Chris Henry.

So Coach Scout might be mistaken. If I ever get the time, I might ask them
about that.

And now, :focus:

P.S. I deleted our other posts because they were only disctractions to the
thread.

-----

rcsodak
12-05-2007, 06:21 PM
You may be right. Coach Scout has him at 4.39, and I thought I also saw it
elsewhere, but I might have got him mixed up with Chris Henry.

So Coach Scout might be mistaken. If I ever get the time, I might ask them
about that.

And now, :focus:

P.S. I deleted our other posts because they were only disctractions to the
thread.

-----

I had that once, at a chiropractor......:D