PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes week 15- Browns week

VonDoom
12-11-2018, 03:00 PM
We’re doing a walkthrough today, I guess because of the Saturday game. Also, this happened:

https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1072228063717380098?s=21

VonDoom
12-11-2018, 04:01 PM
Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala
Vance Joseph said Derek Wolfe is in the concussion protocol.

Troy Renck @TroyRenck
#Broncos Courtland Sutton dealing with quad issue. Hoping he will practice. "He wants to play" #Denver7

Troy Renck @TroyRenck
#Broncos Joseph "We have to be able to run the football. That's our bellcow. Run the ball and play-pass (action)." #Denver7

Nomad
12-11-2018, 10:09 PM
Browns gonna get embarrassed on Sat night. Told the wife, I can't go to her Christmas Party, because I gotta watch the Broncos. :D

HORSEPOWER 56
12-11-2018, 11:51 PM
I’m gonna throw this out there for VJ and Co so there can be no mistake on the off chance they read this board.

Dear Broncos Coaches,
Cleveland has a pretty decent rookie QB and, more importantly, a pretty good tight end in Njoku. Perhaps you should cover him from the start before he runs up 100+ yards and a TD or two. I’m just saying this because last week you guys seemed flabbergasted that the 49ers even had a TE on the roster until 200 yds and a TD later you were looking up at a 20-0 deficit. Please plan appropriately. At least make an attempt to cover him. TIA.
Yours,
HP56

PS, if Njoku runs around uncovered the whole first half I may have to fly to Cleveland at half time to slap the taste out of your mouths... and I hate Cleveland.

Cugel
12-12-2018, 12:38 AM
Browns gonna get embarrassed on Sat night. Told the wife, I can't go to her Christmas Party, because I gotta watch the Broncos. :D

That is what I call a serious "win-win."

broncofaninfla
12-12-2018, 11:17 AM
After seeing Mullins and gang making the Broncos D and coaching staff look like uninspired amateurs I can't help but think it's going to be worse with Mayfield and company.

Freyaka
12-12-2018, 11:21 AM

I wish I had your confidence. Baker Mayfield is the legit real deal. The way he's been playing and with the injuries in the secondary, he may have a career day against us. I want to believe you are right, but I have a bad feeling that Mayfield is just going to torch our secondary.

BroncoJoe
12-12-2018, 11:24 AM

How did that go over? I have the same problem, but there's no way I can tell my wife "sorry - not going"...

DVR for me.

NightTrainLayne
12-12-2018, 11:49 AM
How did that go over? I have the same problem, but there's no way I can tell my wife "sorry - not going"...

DVR for me.

Who the heck schedules a Christmas party in Denver without consulting the Broncos schedule?

BroncoJoe
12-12-2018, 11:53 AM
Who the heck schedules a Christmas party in Denver without consulting the Broncos schedule?

Non-Broncos/football fans. Her husband is a football fan, but he's from MN, so he follows the Vikings.

Buff
12-12-2018, 12:04 PM

What a waste of one of your precious get out of jail free cards! You know the wife keeps a running tally of these in her head - I'd go to the party this year and live to fight another day when the Broncos are competitive and have something to play for.

Freyaka
12-12-2018, 12:22 PM
Broncos fly Bo Levi Mitchell out for a work out.
http://3downnation.com/2018/12/11/bo-levi-mitchell-works-out-for-denver-broncos/

Calgary Stampeders quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell worked out for the Denver Broncos on Tuesday, per NFL sources.

It was the second of five NFL workouts Mitchell had scheduled going into December after the Minnesota Vikings flew the reigning CFL most outstanding player in for an up-close look last week.

Mitchell capped yet another stellar season in 2018 by leading the Calgary Stampeders to a CFL championship. The 28-year-old became the first player in league history to throw for more than 5,000 yards without having a single receiver record 1,000 yards. Despite an ever-changing receiving core, Mitchell adapted on the fly and still led the CFL in touchdown passes with 35.

Interesting...

VonDoom
12-12-2018, 03:28 PM
https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1072950172957663232?s=21

Poet
12-12-2018, 03:35 PM
Wolfe is always ******* hurt.

Not worth the money. The production's not there, either.

Freyaka
12-12-2018, 03:36 PM
Wolfe is always ******* hurt.

Not worth the money. The production's not there, either.

And when he's not hurt, he's always moaning about the haircut he took.

Poet
12-12-2018, 03:48 PM
And when he's not hurt, he's always moaning about the haircut he took.

And he whines about the media reporting that he is hurt if the headline isn't super kind and compassionate.

Dude is a douchebag and overrated. He fell off.

GEM
12-12-2018, 05:40 PM
We’re doing a walkthrough today, I guess because of the Saturday game. Also, this happened:

https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1072228063717380098?s=21

We couldn't find some scrub to cut? Thomas has been beastly on ST.

GEM
12-12-2018, 05:41 PM
I’m gonna throw this out there for VJ and Co so there can be no mistake on the off chance they read this board.

Dear Broncos Coaches,
Cleveland has a pretty decent rookie QB and, more importantly, a pretty good tight end in Njoku. Perhaps you should cover him from the start before he runs up 100+ yards and a TD or two. I’m just saying this because last week you guys seemed flabbergasted that the 49ers even had a TE on the roster until 200 yds and a TD later you were looking up at a 20-0 deficit. Please plan appropriately. At least make an attempt to cover him. TIA.
Yours,
HP56

PS, if Njoku runs around uncovered the whole first half I may have to fly to Cleveland at half time to slap the taste out of your mouths... and I hate Cleveland.

Dear Garrett Bolles,

You're about to lose your lunch money.

Best regards,
GEM

GEM
12-12-2018, 05:42 PM

When the Broncos never play on Saturday, you never take the time to look. Ours is Saturday as well.

underrated29
12-12-2018, 06:01 PM
We couldn't find some scrub to cut? Thomas has been beastly on ST.

We are trying to tank for Herbet Gem. We need to play poorly.

GEM
12-12-2018, 06:44 PM

Well, I don't think Thomas was going to take us to any more wins, but he could have been very helpful in a rebuild.

Nomad
12-12-2018, 10:00 PM

DVR for me.

What a waste of one of your precious get out of jail free cards! You know the wife keeps a running tally of these in her head - I'd go to the party this year and live to fight another day when the Broncos are competitive and have something to play for.

I have a bail out this year, because they are allowing the kids to go, so she is taking our daughter. So, since the Broncos are playing, I was given the blessing to stay home. LoL.

slim
12-12-2018, 10:21 PM

Says the guy thats never been married. There is no get out of jail free card. Never ask for permission, it is better to ask for forgiveness.

VonDoom
12-12-2018, 11:29 PM
Sounds like Von didn’t appreciate VJs comments after the game. If he’s lost Von, this might be it for him:

Von on his penalties: "Yeah, I was upset about it, but at the end of the day, if I got 97 sacks probably 80 of them came off getting a great jump. I jumped offsides but quarterbacks throw interceptions, too. It’s not like you tell them not to throw it down the field no more."

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-12-2018, 11:30 PM
Sounds like Von didn’t appreciate VJs comments after the game. If he’s lost Von, this might be it for him:

Von on his penalties: "Yeah, I was upset about it, but at the end of the day, if I got 97 sacks probably 80 of them came off getting a great jump. I jumped offsides but quarterbacks throw interceptions, too. It’s not like you tell them not to throw it down the field no more."

Trouble in paradise.

Poet
12-12-2018, 11:33 PM

Von's mad at a bad coach with no skills called him out. As he should be.

Hawgdriver
12-13-2018, 01:57 AM
Trouble in paradise.

He deserved to get called out. He was f-ing up big time that drive, any reasonable coach would say c'mon man. At the same time, Von is right. This should not be an issue at all. Both wanted like mad the same result.

Poet
12-13-2018, 02:16 AM
He deserved to get called out. He was f-ing up big time that drive, any reasonable coach would say c'mon man. At the same time, Von is right. This should not be an issue at all. Both wanted like mad the same result.

I think you can justify the benching, maybe, if you squint. We benched our best player on a drive that we gave up a TD. That cannot be ignored.

You don't call out your best player when the team you're coaching is getting bodied by a 2 win team with a third string QB. Von was the only player out there playing like he gave a damn. This is the same guy who went out there and played assboy for Keenum at various points in the season and acted like he wasn't playing poorly. The fact that it irritated Von, the face of the franchise, is pretty telling. Von isn't a diva.

Hawgdriver
12-13-2018, 02:28 AM
I think you can justify the benching, maybe, if you squint. We benched our best player on a drive that we gave up a TD. That cannot be ignored.

You don't call out your best player when the team you're coaching is getting bodied by a 2 win team with a third string QB. Von was the only player out there playing like he gave a damn. This is the same guy who went out there and played assboy for Keenum at various points in the season and acted like he wasn't playing poorly. The fact that it irritated Von, the face of the franchise, is pretty telling. Von isn't a diva.

...or the 9ers got a TD because Von gave them 1st&5 all the way down the field...

Poet
12-13-2018, 02:32 AM
...or the 9ers got a TD because Von gave them 1st&5 all the way down the field...

Except he gave them fifteen yards and they marched down the entire field. So, I don't think that is really true.

Poet
12-13-2018, 02:33 AM
Hawg, if he had one roughing penalty for 15 yards we wouldn't even be thinking about it. Keep that in mind when you reflect on the yardage he gave up.

Hawgdriver
12-13-2018, 02:39 AM
Except he gave them fifteen yards and they marched down the entire field. So, I don't think that is really true.

It is, to a degree. Holding calls kill offensive drives because 1st & 20 is a 10% conversion prospect. 1st & 5 is probably a high conversion prospect, maybe 60-80%. There's math in there somewhere, I'm sure of it.

Bottom line, Von was actively losing the team points on that drive. It was weird. He gets a speeding ticket from time to time, but that drive he was really off--really pressing. What is the head coach supposed to do? Be ok with a player who looks like they need to refocus while his team loses? Even when he is your franchise? It's a delicate thing. I don't have a problem with it. I hope Von doesn't either, because he should realize he was f-ing up and everyone at some point could use a big bro to help them when they need it.

Poet
12-13-2018, 02:50 AM
Okay, I'll buy that to an extent. That's a fair point.

But, the defense was also getting gashed and not putting up resistance. I think we should factor that in, too.

Again, I don't think taking your best player off the field is the right choice. Especially when you're getting killed and he's the only one who is visibly trying to make a play. But, if it was baseball, he's a high average hitting in a 0-20 slump. You keep him in the lineup. Let's not get it twisted here, Von wasn't the reason for those chunk plays. I honestly think it's a red herring - what would often be a huge issue might not have been on that drive because of the other excessive suckage.

But, that's a high degree of analysis for a coach to do in real time.

It's the calling him out that bothers me. Because, VJ isn't good enough, accomplished enough, or respected enough to do it. Do you think Von responds that way if that was Phillips or Kubiak saying those things?

In your heart of hearts?

Sleep well my lawyer friend.

DenBronx
12-13-2018, 07:24 AM
It is, to a degree. Holding calls kill offensive drives because 1st & 20 is a 10% conversion prospect. 1st & 5 is probably a high conversion prospect, maybe 60-80%. There's math in there somewhere, I'm sure of it.

Bottom line, Von was actively losing the team points on that drive. It was weird. He gets a speeding ticket from time to time, but that drive he was really off--really pressing. What is the head coach supposed to do? Be ok with a player who looks like they need to refocus while his team loses? Even when he is your franchise? It's a delicate thing. I don't have a problem with it. I hope Von doesn't either, because he should realize he was f-ing up and everyone at some point could use a big bro to help them when they need it.

Kinda why I miss DWare. He would of probably put Von in check.

Elevation inc
12-13-2018, 09:10 AM

God I hope not, I want nothing to do with him at all. I don't see the hype at all. To me Herbert dropped off this year and should go back to school if he hasn't declared yet.

Elevation inc
12-13-2018, 09:12 AM
Well, I don't think Thomas was going to take us to any more wins, but he could have been very helpful in a rebuild.

Agreed I would have cut Langley or Booker before Shamarko Thomas lol...

Elevation inc
12-13-2018, 09:17 AM
VJ was dumb calling out Von publicly about jumping. Von is a proven pro who watched the tape and has a proven track record of what he does, and he said the right things about how he cant make those mistakes. He is 100% correct in the fact that his timing off that jump off is crucial, and he should continue to do so. He knows he pressed to get some sacks and admitted as much, he doesn't need to be questioned by a coach who doesn't know how to properly game manage him damn self. I hope they both chill the F out and focus on Cleveland because no matter how pissed off we are or they are at what's happened this season the reality is we have Cleveland on Saturday and we are still in Mix for the playoffs.

Freyaka
12-13-2018, 09:33 AM
God I hope not, I want nothing to do with him at all. I don't see the hype at all. To me Herbert dropped off this year and should go back to school if he hasn't declared yet.

I consider myself fully on board the Bo Levi Mitchell hype train.

Elevation inc
12-13-2018, 09:53 AM
I consider myself fully on board the Bo Levi Mitchell hype train.

I am a fan as well, and credit the broncos for taking a look. It means they know we aren't done at QB either and we still need a QB of the future. Hopefully he gets a futures contract or something so we can take a look next year. We need to draft our top Qb on our board next year however possible in the draft and bring in Taylor, Bridgewater, or Brisett type to make Keenum uncomfortable and have to fight for his spot. He also is better when he has to fight for his spot. He may have been to comfortable this year with out the edge and chip he should have had.

Freyaka
12-13-2018, 09:58 AM
I am a fan as well, and credit the broncos for taking a look. It means they know we aren't done at QB either and we still need a QB of the future. Hopefully he gets a futures contract or something so we can take a look next year. We need to draft our top Qb on our board next year however possible in the draft and bring in Taylor, Bridgewater, or Brisett type to make Keenum uncomfortable and have to fight for his spot. He also is better when he has to fight for his spot. He may have been to comfortable this year with the out the edge and chip he should have had.

Honestly, I'm glad they are exhausting options. I've been saying all year we're screwed if we're looking for a QB in this draft class, especially since we've fallen so far, but honestly, Mitchell has professional experience (albiet in a different league) and has won championships, set records and won accolades. Watching the tape on him over the last few days, he could actually be a solid replacement for Keenum. He's got good arm strength, accuracy, he's mobile, he grows a great beard! Not a lot more you could ask for.

Davii
12-13-2018, 10:08 AM
Honestly, I'm glad they are exhausting options. I've been saying all year we're screwed if we're looking for a QB in this draft class, especially since we've fallen so far, but honestly, Mitchell has professional experience (albiet in a different league) and has won championships, set records and won accolades. Watching the tape on him over the last few days, he could actually be a solid replacement for Keenum. He's got good arm strength, accuracy, he's mobile, he grows a great beard! Not a lot more you could ask for.

I'm intrigued by this beard. Do you have pictures?

Freyaka
12-13-2018, 10:14 AM
I'm intrigued by this beard. Do you have pictures?

My avi lol. I started a thread talking about him so we don't have to clutter up the practice notes.

Northman
12-13-2018, 11:02 AM

Apparently he has problems with INT's?

Freyaka
12-13-2018, 11:43 AM
Apparently he has problems with INT's?

In the last 4 years he's averaging 29 TD's to 11 INT's. For his career he's 150 TD's to 59 INT's.

I don't know how often CFL QBs throw int's, that seems like a reasonable number. not what I would call a "problem" exactly.

Northman
12-13-2018, 12:21 PM
In the last 4 years he's averaging 29 TD's to 11 INT's. For his career he's 150 TD's to 59 INT's.

I don't know how often CFL QBs throw int's, that seems like a reasonable number. not what I would call a "problem" exactly.

If his average year is 29 TD's and 11 Int's that is a solid number. Its a lot like Cousins this year with 24 TD's and 9 Ints. Sadly for Keenum 15 TD's and 10 Int's is not a very good number.

Poet
12-13-2018, 12:44 PM
If his average year is 29 TD's and 11 Int's that is a solid number. Its a lot like Cousins this year with 24 TD's and 9 Ints. Sadly for Keenum 15 TD's and 10 Int's is not a very good number.

This would be a different team with a QB that had 24 TDs and 9 Ints.

Cue the people saying that's somehow not far from what we have.

VonDoom
12-13-2018, 01:01 PM
https://twitter.com/troyrenck/status/1073276265463898112?s=21

Freyaka
12-13-2018, 01:06 PM
This would be a different team with a QB that had 24 TDs and 9 Ints.

Cue the people saying that's somehow not far from what we have.

People make all kinds of dumb arguments, but it's miles apart. We'd be darn near undefeated with those additional touchdowns.

VonDoom
12-13-2018, 06:50 PM
https://twitter.com/nickijhabvala/status/1073330412108374016?s=21

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-13-2018, 06:59 PM
Thanks for posting Vondoom.

That is great freakin’ news! This would indicate the bridge has been repaired. Yes!!

Timmy!
12-13-2018, 07:53 PM
I loved Al.

aberdien
12-13-2018, 09:58 PM

His beard is not as nice as Jeff Garcia's.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-13-2018, 10:55 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Whenever there is a fallout between good friends, the time comes when bitterness dissolves into good times remembered.

After 12 years, the Broncos extended an olive branch to former middle linebacker great Al Wilson by inviting him out to practice Thursday and giving him a tour of their new facilities.

Wilson will also serve as an honorary captain for the Broncos during the coin toss prior to their game Saturday night against the Cleveland Browns. During the game, Wilson will be recognized on the stadium’s Jumbo screen as their “Broncos Legend.”

Wilson was the Broncos’ first-round pick out of Tennessee in the 1999 draft. He was a five-time, Pro Bowl selection and team captain until a neck injury suffered late in the 2006 season brought a premature end to his career.

rest - https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/broncos-great-al-wilson-returns-after-12-year-absence/73-f2834720-63bc-4a67-add5-0477b4bcb1cc

AND

Former Broncos LB Al Wilson on watching practice: 'Brought back some good memories'
Former Broncos linebacker Al Wilson toured the facility and watched practice on Thursday after being away from the organization for more than a decade.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/former-broncos-lb-al-wilson-on-watching-practice-brought-back-some-good-memories

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-13-2018, 11:13 PM
This makes me happy.

Poet
12-13-2018, 11:15 PM
Towards the end of his career, people here hated him and said he couldn't cover, and whiffed all the time going for a big hit.

But that was not who he was for most of his career.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-13-2018, 11:35 PM
When Elway retired there was an emotional void. Al Wilson helped fill that void for me.

Poet
12-13-2018, 11:51 PM
When Elway retired there was an emotional void. Al Wilson helped fill that void for me.

I'll fill your void.

Freyaka
12-14-2018, 09:15 AM
Towards the end of his career, people here hated him and said he couldn't cover, and whiffed all the time going for a big hit.

But that was not who he was for most of his career.

Anyone who hated Al Wilson for any reason can go fly a kite, kick rocks and any other euphemism you want to throw in there to say go eff themselves.

Miss that dude, one of my all time favorites.

Poet
12-14-2018, 01:41 PM
Anyone who hated Al Wilson for any reason can go fly a kite, kick rocks and any other euphemism you want to throw in there to say go eff themselves.

Miss that dude, one of my all time favorites.

It was a sign of the times, my friend. I believe the collapses at the end of the year were just murdering people's spirits. The defense was awful. The board hadn't existed for too long so I wasn't around with Denver fans during his glory.

Don't shoot the messenger, Frey.

MOtorboat
12-17-2018, 07:24 PM
It’s obviously hard to tell if there’s more dissent in Denver’s locker rooms than others, and I imagine a lot of players are frustrated when teams don’t reach the playoffs. But this is year two of veterans clearly being unhappy with coaches.

https://twitter.com/michaelcbs4/status/1074783327163482112?s=21

Why was he inactive? What logic is there in benching a healthy pass rusher? Maybe this happens with another coach, too, but this just seems to reflect on Joseph.

Poet
12-17-2018, 07:33 PM
He called VJ disrespectful. "I'm here for these two weeks..."

No one respects VJ, man.

Bummer.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-17-2018, 07:52 PM

No one respects VJ, man.

Bummer.

Shoulda traded his ass before the deadline. Coulda got something. A 5th, a 6th, anything would’ve been better than the zero production we’ve gotten from him this year.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-17-2018, 11:49 PM
It’s obviously hard to tell if there’s more dissent in Denver’s locker rooms than others, and I imagine a lot of players are frustrated when teams don’t reach the playoffs. But this is year two of veterans clearly being unhappy with coaches.

https://twitter.com/michaelcbs4/status/1074783327163482112?s=21

Why was he inactive? What logic is there in benching a healthy pass rusher? Maybe this happens with another coach, too, but this just seems to reflect on Joseph.

He hasn’t done jack squat all year. I’m not surprised he was inactive. Holland played well. Yeah he’s butt hurt but I’m glad they gave the snaps to Holland.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-17-2018, 11:51 PM
He has one sack and 10 tackles all year...

dogfish
12-17-2018, 11:51 PM
yea, nobody gives a shit what shane ray thinks. . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-18-2018, 12:04 AM

He’s made about $500k per tackle this year.

Elevation inc
12-18-2018, 03:38 AM

I agree. I actually agree with what joseph did, as a rotational pass rusher and first rd. pick he played like crap all year. I think Joseph made the right call in benching him and cravens, but I also applaud how cravens handled it professionally. We messed up not trading Ray at the deadline....

Freyaka
12-18-2018, 12:01 PM

I agree with you there, now Su'a Cravens...I'm scratching my head on that one VJ. he needs the play time. He's coming back off injury and he's been progressing well in his position, he needs to be out there.

Elevation inc
12-19-2018, 05:43 AM
I agree with you there, now Su'a Cravens...I'm scratching my head on that one VJ. he needs the play time. He's coming back off injury and he's been progressing well in his position, he needs to be out there.

Actually he hasn't played well at all. I think he will be good next year with a full off-season if he stays healthy, but in his snaps this year he didn't play that well. Shane ray can go pound sand....his replacement is here in Chubb, and Shaq Barret owns Ray in every aspect of the game. We should have tried to trade ray.....

Hawgdriver
12-19-2018, 09:51 AM

No one respects VJ, man.

Bummer.

Shane Ray is the barometer? Hm.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-19-2018, 11:08 AM
Shane Ray is the barometer? Hm.

Ten tackles and one sack can garner a lot of validation.

Poet
12-19-2018, 11:25 AM
Ten tackles and one sack can garner a lot of validation.

Watching that video should bother you. That’s never a good sign.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-19-2018, 02:32 PM
Watching that video should bother you. That’s never a good sign.
It did bother me, but it’s not surprising. It’s borderline baiting.

He was unhappy about the team not extending his deal in the offseason. The benching is just the icing on the cake. I wouldn’t be surprised if he faces internal discipline for running his mouth.

Poet
12-19-2018, 02:50 PM
It did bother me, but it’s not surprising. It’s borderline baiting.

He was unhappy about the team not extending his deal in the offseason. The benching is just the icing on the cake. I wouldn’t be surprised if he faces internal discipline for running his mouth.

His point about being told he was inactive so late in the week isn't unfair. His willingness to openly mock a head coach falls in line with the two years of rumors that there is a rift in the locker room, and that VJ has little control over it.

I mean, we can mock his production all we want, but he had one year with eight sacks. That's solid production and outweighs anything VJ has done as a HC if we want a one-to-one comparison.

It's just a sign of how bad things are.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-19-2018, 03:23 PM
His point about being told he was inactive so late in the week isn't unfair. His willingness to openly mock a head coach falls in line with the two years of rumors that there is a rift in the locker room, and that VJ has little control over it.

I mean, we can mock his production all we want, but he had one year with eight sacks. That's solid production and outweighs anything VJ has done as a HC if we want a one-to-one comparison.

It's just a sign of how bad things are.

I’m not mocking his production. I’m stating a fact. He’s got the entitled attitude of a first round pick, but no production to back it up.

There might very well be a rift in the locker room, but I don’t know what the standard time frame is for informing someone they’re going to be inactive. Do you know what it is? As far as I know the staff did nothing out of the norm.

Poet
12-19-2018, 03:35 PM
I’m not mocking his production. I’m stating a fact. He’s got the entitled attitude of a first round pick, but no production to back it up.

There might very well be a rift in the locker room, but I don’t know what the standard time frame is for informing someone they’re going to be inactive. Do you know what it is? As far as I know the staff did nothing out of the norm.

I don't think he's coming across as entitled. He's coming across frustrated. Assume for a moment it is in poor taste to tell someone they're deactivated so late in the season. That's something he's supposed to just eat, with everything else going on? The interviewer just flat out said in the video most guys are told earlier.

"I don't control what they do."

It's easy to dismiss him because of his low production. But if that's where the analysis stops...cool. :beer:

Elevation inc
12-20-2018, 09:29 AM
Ray is a bum we should be happy he was benched. I don't care, Wed or Friday. Maybe coaches waited for him to have a good week of practice or something and he didn't so they made a real time decision. This isn't new in the NFL. Shane ray is just butt hurt. Instead of worrying about why he was told Friday instead of a wed, he should be worried about why he was made inactive in the first place, and his production is where he should start.

Elevation inc
12-20-2018, 10:24 AM
Rumors now circulating Ray and cravens were part of a group acting way to jovial, happy and carefree in the locker room after the San Fran loss. Apparently didn't sit well with VJ at all, even more so after tape review.....247 Sports, and Darren McKee from the Fan made mention of this.....no idea if true or not.....

Freyaka
12-20-2018, 12:42 PM
Rumors now circulating Ray and cravens were part of a group acting way to jovial, happy and carefree in the locker room after the San Fran loss. Apparently didn't sit well with VJ at all, even more so after tape review.....247 Sports, and Darren McKee from the Fan made mention of this.....no idea if true or not.....

247 sports and Dmac are basically giant tool bags though....

Elevation inc
12-20-2018, 01:31 PM

True but where there is smoke there is often fire. I did allude to it being rumors and not sure if true. If it is I’m sure some more will come out about it lol

MOtorboat
12-20-2018, 01:53 PM

247 is just agregating Dmac. The source for this is solely Dmac.

I’d like to believe Joseph has these type of cajones, but his track record suggests that he does not.

Freyaka
12-20-2018, 02:38 PM

I’d like to believe Joseph has these type of cajones, but his track record suggests that he does not.

Good ole pot stirring DMAC.

Davii
12-26-2018, 01:36 AM

Agreed entirely, but he might also be acting out of character hoping to spark anything that might save his ass