PDA

View Full Version : How DeMarcus Ware applies his meticulous approach in rookie season as Broncos' Pass Rush Consultant

Denver Native (Carol)
11-30-2018, 11:15 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The meticulous habits DeMarcus Ware had as a player did not cease to exist when his playing career ended. Rather, they just became part of his coaching style in his first year as the Broncos’ Pass Rush Consultant.

That means Ware, formerly the kindly teammate and mentor, can be quite the demanding coach.

It’s not enough to know what pass-rush move you did on the last play. You need to know all 45 that you did in the last game. And you need to write them all down.

“All 45 or however many rushes there [are], you need to write down your rushes and what that guy did to you,” Ware says. “… What came before that and what did the guy do? So if you did a stab, if you did a spin, if you did side-scissors, if you did a swipe — it was so many moves, but what did he do? And now, how can you set him up after that? OK, what did he do after that?

rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/demarcus-ware-pass-rush-consultant-coaching-von-miller-bradley-chubb

Poet
12-01-2018, 12:57 PM
I love him.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-01-2018, 01:21 PM
I love him.

It’s hard not to. I suppose his mentoring has been a huge help to the development we’ve seen in Chubb.

Poet
12-01-2018, 01:23 PM
It’s hard not to. I suppose his mentoring has been a huge help to the development we’ve seen in Chubb.

I loved him in Dallas. I loved him from afar then. I loved him from afar when I rooted for the shit ohio garbage team.

But I can fully love him now.

Cugel
12-01-2018, 04:08 PM
He should wind up with 11 or more sacks. They play the Bengals, Browns, 49ers and Raiders. Those are not very good teams :coffee:

Davii
12-03-2018, 02:03 AM
I hope we can get Ware to expand his role with the Broncos and keep him around. I think he’s got a very bright career in coaching if he so desires.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-03-2018, 09:48 AM
I hope we can get Ware to expand his role with the Broncos and keep him around. I think he’s got a very bright career in coaching if he so desires.

Agreed

Hawgdriver
12-03-2018, 10:56 AM
What he's describing is kind of a Markov chain probability analysis. I could never understand why it's not applied more to things like this...also pitching and hitting in baseball. Not sure that it's super helpful, but it would highlight patterns and tendencies that aren't obvious.

D-Ware, closet actuary.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-03-2018, 11:04 AM
My 7 year old told me she’s using algorithms. :lol:

MOtorboat
12-03-2018, 01:45 PM
It seems to be working.

https://twitter.com/nickijhabvala/status/1069588267115429888?s=21

BroncoJoe
12-03-2018, 01:47 PM
Not only that, but Chubb got off to a relatively slow start.

Davii
12-03-2018, 01:53 PM
Not only that, but Chubb got off to a relatively slow start.

Imagine if we could have Wade leading this defense again

BroncoJoe
12-03-2018, 02:10 PM
Imagine if we could have Wade leading this defense again

Rams are middle of the pack with Wade. Not disparaging him or his abilities, but we need to get off that train. It departed 2 years ago.

Maybe we should bring Mike Shanahan back. I mean, he won us two Superbowls!

Davii
12-03-2018, 02:15 PM
Rams are middle of the pack with Wade. Not disparaging him or his abilities, but we need to get off that train. It departed 2 years ago.

Maybe we should bring Mike Shanahan back. I mean, he won us two Superbowls!

Lol. I'm down for bringing in others, I just don't think Woods is getting it done.

BroncoJoe
12-03-2018, 02:21 PM
Lol. I'm down for bringing in others, I just don't think Woods is getting it done.

Yeah, I'm just tired of hearing about Wade. He's gone, and I'm not all that sure he would've make a huge difference this year.

Davii
12-03-2018, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I'm just tired of hearing about Wade. He's gone, and I'm not all that sure he would make a huge difference this year.

I think we'd be better. Championship? No

BroncoJoe
12-03-2018, 02:25 PM

Define better though. LAR give up fewer yards per game, but we give up less points. Which is more important?

LAR = 298
DEN = 262

Davii
12-03-2018, 02:30 PM
Define better though. LAR give up fewer yards per game, but we give up less points. Which is more important?

LAR = 298
DEN = 262

To make that an apples to apples comparison everything else must be the same. Same players, offense, same opponents, etc.

Do you feel if Woods and Wade swapped places we'd get worse and the Rams would improve?

Wade is a better coordinator than Woods is at this point in time.

MOtorboat
12-03-2018, 02:33 PM
I feel like the Rams defense has underperformed based on talent potential this season. They’ve also got caught into a number of shootouts, too.

Either way, I’m convinced Phillips was never sticking around longer than two or three years and wouldn’t have been here this season in any scenario. He moves around, it’s kind of his MO.

BroncoJoe
12-03-2018, 02:38 PM
I feel like the Rams defense has underperformed based on talent potential this season. They’ve also got caught into a number of shootouts, too.

Either way, I’m convinced Phillips was never sticking around longer than two or three years and wouldn’t have been here this season in any scenario. He moves around, it’s kind of his MO.

The Rams are arguably more stacked than the Broncos.

BroncoJoe
12-03-2018, 02:40 PM
To make that an apples to apples comparison everything else must be the same. Same players, offense, same opponents, etc.

Do you feel if Woods and Wade swapped places we'd get worse and the Rams would improve?

Wade is a better coordinator than Woods is at this point in time.

I don't know, brother. I'm just sick of hearing his name. We don't know if our defense would be better or worse. It is what it is, and I'm tired of hearing about him. He chose to leave. For money.

Hawgdriver
12-03-2018, 03:51 PM

Like so much of football, it was a team thing. Ware was the ideal on-field leader, Ward brought the alpha dog, Talib was a serious playmaker dog, and Wade was good at letting dogs be dogs. Needed all of the pieces to be that great.