PDA

View Full Version : Rapoport: Kubiak could be back as an OC next year

VonDoom
11-18-2018, 07:29 AM
Sources say that several potential head-coaching candidates view Kubiak as a viable possibility for an offensive coordinator post, an opportunity the Broncos do believe he'll consider.

Kubiak has served for the last two years as a senior personnel adviser with the Broncos, and sources say the team has nothing but respect for the job Kubiak has done for the organization.

They understand this development and believe this is something Kubiak will ponder.

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000988871/article/former-coach-gary-kubiak-may-be-back-on-sidelines?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3dden%3bteam%3dden%3bconf%3daf c%3bdvsn%3dacw&sr=amp&__twitter_impression=true

UnderArmour
11-18-2018, 07:56 AM
I hope it's here. Kubiak has a history of doing a stand-up job with limited resources. The last full-time gig Kubiak had as OC in Baltimore, he got a career year out of Justin Forsett and Joe Flacco.

Of course, for Kubiak to be OC, the Broncos would have to hire a strong HC that wouldn't be threatened by Kubiak's relationship with Elway. This basically would leave Harbaugh or Shanahan who have prior working relationships with Kubiak. Otherwise, he's going to be an OC somewhere else next year.

Shazam!
11-18-2018, 09:13 AM
He can do it here. Asst HC/OC.

I hope he doesnt go anywhere. Too much change may not be a good thing with the overhaul thats coming.

VonDoom
11-18-2018, 09:23 AM
I don't know, I can't see it being here for some reason. It would be seen as a step down after he was HC. Plus, if we bring in a young, offensive minded HC like I'm hoping, the Kubiak scheme probably wouldn't mesh with that.

atwater27
11-18-2018, 09:52 AM
No. Please no. We need young dynamic motivated coaching with cutting edge schemes and plays. Love me some Kubes but that ship has sailed, been repaired, sailed again, rusted out and should now sit in a harbor and used as a museum.

Poet
11-18-2018, 11:35 AM
I am so tired of us trying to lean on the past. If he's our OC it just shows we can't move on. If JFE is going to install him as OC and leave the HC without a say on that, but not do that with Phillips then I don't know how else to respond other than to say what the ****.

UnderArmour
11-18-2018, 12:18 PM
No. Please no. We need young dynamic motivated coaching with cutting edge schemes and plays. Love me some Kubes but that ship has sailed, been repaired, sailed again, rusted out and should now sit in a harbor and used as a museum.

I keep hearing the terms "young" and "dynamic" thrown around. The most electric offense in the NFL right now is the New Orleans Saints, and Pete Carmichael is 47. Matt Nagy, age 40, left the Chiefs for the Bears. Eric Bieniemy, age 49, took over as Andy Reid's OC. I don't care about "young" or "dynamic," I just want good. Adam Gase was young and dynamic, but he's not coming back.

Kubiak has a proven track record of running good offenses, and he did a phenomenal job when he was in Baltimore. The relationship with Elway (and holdover coaches/players in the locker room) makes it near impossible for him to stay here though, because it would undermine almost any coach.

turftoad
11-18-2018, 12:27 PM
I keep hearing the terms "young" and "dynamic" thrown around. The most electric offense in the NFL right now is the New Orleans Saints, and Pete Carmichael is 47. Matt Nagy, age 40, left the Chiefs for the Bears. Eric Bieniemy, age 49, took over as Andy Reid's OC. I don't care about "young" or "dynamic," I just want good. Adam Gase was young and dynamic, but he's not coming back.

Kubiak has a proven track record of running good offenses, and he did a phenomenal job when he was in Baltimore. The relationship with Elway (and holdover coaches/players in the locker room) makes it near impossible for him to stay here though, because it would undermine almost any coach.

Agreed. Vance Joseph and Joe Woods were supposed to be young and dynamic too.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2018, 12:40 PM
On the Fan this morning, they said if Kubes would be the OC, Mike Shanahan would be the ideal HC, and they get along very well.

Davii
11-18-2018, 12:47 PM
IF reports are correct about Harbaugh leaving Baltimore I think we'll see a Harbaugh HC and Kubiak as OC here in Denver.

MOtorboat
11-18-2018, 12:48 PM
Agreed. Vance Joseph and Joe Woods were supposed to be young and dynamic too.

I don't recall hearing that about either.

MOtorboat
11-18-2018, 12:49 PM
On the Fan this morning, they said if Kubes would be the OC, Mike Shanahan would be the ideal HC, and they get along very well.

This sounds like a Gruden-level disaster waiting to happen.

Let's leave their legacies alone and go somewhere new.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2018, 12:52 PM
The reason I’ve felt this came about is because Elway and the Broncos didn’t want to lose Joe Woods. Woods is a rising star in NFL coaching circles, had success where ever he’s been and he coached the No Fly Zone the last two years. Denver doesn’t want to lose Woods.

from - https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/1/14/14273634/why-is-wade-phillips-no-longer-with-the-broncos

UnderArmour
11-18-2018, 12:53 PM

Shanahan won't have as hefty a price tag this time around, and might be an easier sell on the Bowlen Trust. Harbaugh is going to command around $6-7 million a year, something that the Bowlen estate might not want to pay. I don't expect this to be a huge factor, but it is something to consider.

MOtorboat
11-18-2018, 12:57 PM
Shanahan won't have as hefty a price tag this time around, and might be an easier sell on the Bowlen Trust. Harbaugh is going to command around $6-7 million a year, something that the Bowlen estate might not want to pay. I don't expect this to be a huge factor, but it is something to consider.

Why would Shanahan come at a discount? Gruden just got $10 million a year, and Shanahan has way more success than Gruden on his resume.

UnderArmour
11-18-2018, 12:59 PM
Why would Shanahan come at a discount? Gruden just got $10 million a year, and Shanahan has way more success than Gruden on his resume.

He interviewed for and got rejected by San Fransisco before Chip Kelly. He's not in demand anymore.

VonDoom
11-18-2018, 01:16 PM

Yeah we can pay him $100 million and he can come in and trade Von Miller

VonDoom
11-18-2018, 01:17 PM
IF reports are correct about Harbaugh leaving Baltimore I think we'll see a Harbaugh HC and Kubiak as OC here in Denver.

We can also overpay Flacco and recreate the 2014 Ravens only with everyone five years older

To be clear, I like Harbaugh a lot. But we need to look forward not backward

aberdien
11-18-2018, 01:47 PM
Are we committed to mediocrity?

Nostalgia is bad.

Poet
11-18-2018, 01:52 PM
Shanahan doesn't have it anymore.

Kubiak barely 'had it'.

If Harbaugh picks Kubiak because of their affinity, that's one thing. But if it's Elway dropping than on him...man this is scary.

Shazam!
11-18-2018, 02:51 PM
Im with UA. Bring back a Broncos guy who new what it took to win. Id be happy with it. Its better than the unknown. Id fear McD or VJ 2.

Poet
11-18-2018, 02:52 PM
You can't move forward by always going back.

Davii
11-18-2018, 05:47 PM
Shanahan doesn't have it anymore.

Kubiak barely 'had it'.

If Harbaugh picks Kubiak because of their affinity, that's one thing. But if it's Elway dropping than on him...man this is scary.

A) Elway wouldn't force a HC to pick a certain coordinator
B) IF he did make that a condition Harbaugh wouldn't sign.

Davii
11-18-2018, 05:47 PM

Funny, we've won 3 Super Bowls "going back". Good coaches are good coaches.

MOtorboat
11-18-2018, 05:50 PM

I don't think the first two were "going back." The second one, maybe. The time for Shanahan has passed.

Poet
11-18-2018, 05:52 PM

Well the first one and second did we really go back?

Secondly, did we really go back when we had a loaded roster and one meaningful 'go back' coach in Phillips?

Thirdly, if we wanted to go back so much we did we let Phillips go? Does anyone actually think Kubiak is that wonderful of a coach?

Moreover: A) Elway wouldn't force a HC to pick a certain coordinator

If these reports are right it sure sounds like Elway is fine with just hiring Kubiak as an OC, HC be damned. Again, if Harbaugh wants GK as OC that's fine, but if GK is just installed that's not good.

VonDoom
11-18-2018, 06:06 PM
None of these reports have said that WE want Kubiak back, just that potential coaches want him. The rest is just speculation

slim
11-18-2018, 06:14 PM

Yeah, I hate winning super bowls

Poet
11-18-2018, 06:17 PM
Yeah, I hate winning super bowls

The last SB the main contribution came from one coach that was a throwback.

The other was a very mild, if that, HC who was along for the ride.

Or, in other words - it was the talent and the DC. Well, we're short on some talent, albeit not depleted, and where's the old throwback that's going to contribute? It ain't Kubiak. It ain't Phillips. Shanny couldn't hack it in D.C. Etc.

slim
11-18-2018, 06:19 PM
The last SB the main contribution came from one coach that was a throwback.

The other was a very mild, if that, HC who was along for the ride.

Or, in other words - it was the talent and the DC. Well, we're short on some talent, albeit not depleted, and where's the old throwback that's going to contribute? It ain't Kubiak. It ain't Phillips. Shanny couldn't hack it in D.C. Etc.

Peace be with you

Poet
11-18-2018, 06:21 PM
Peace be with you

We drunk, fam.

slim
11-18-2018, 06:25 PM
We drunk, fam.

Oh yeah

Nomad
11-18-2018, 06:29 PM
We drunk, fam.

No. I have to work tomorrow.

Davii
11-18-2018, 06:30 PM
I don't think the first two were "going back." The second one, maybe. The time for Shanahan has passed.

The time for Shanahan is long gone. Shanny was a former HC and a former Bronco WR coach and OC. It was definitely going back

slim
11-18-2018, 06:33 PM
No. I have to work tomorrow.

Lame

Nomad
11-18-2018, 06:33 PM
Lame

Driving hungover gets you pulled over.

Davii
11-18-2018, 06:34 PM
Well the first one and second did we really go back?

Secondly, did we really go back when we had a loaded roster and one meaningful 'go back' coach in Phillips?

Thirdly, if we wanted to go back so much we did we let Phillips go? Does anyone actually think Kubiak is that wonderful of a coach?

Moreover: A) Elway wouldn't force a HC to pick a certain coordinator

If these reports are right it sure sounds like Elway is fine with just hiring Kubiak as an OC, HC be damned. Again, if Harbaugh wants GK as OC that's fine, but if GK is just installed that's not good.

Uhhhhhhh..... holy crap man, are you not aware of one Gary Kubiak?

Why would he not count as "going back" given his job when we won our first 2?

Poet
11-18-2018, 07:03 PM
No, I know exactly who he is. Why would he count? Because he had smallish and embellished roll years ago and did very little when he came back? He didn't have a huge role as a coach back in the day, so I hope going back doesn't take into account the fact that he was a backup QB here.

slim
11-18-2018, 07:12 PM
Kubiak.

Kubiak.

Kubiak.

Poet
11-18-2018, 07:15 PM
Kubiak.

Kubiak.

Kubiak.

If it makes you happy, I'm for it. You said that to me about Rosen and I loved you for it.

if Slim wants Kubiak and then ******* KING WANTS THAT TOO!

Davii
11-18-2018, 07:24 PM
No, I know exactly who he is. Why would he count? Because he had smallish and embellished roll years ago and did very little when he came back? He didn't have a huge role as a coach back in the day, so I hope going back doesn't take into account the fact that he was a backup QB here.

OC is not a "smallish and embellished roll" [sic]. It was very clear when Gary left that the offense took a step back.

Going back means hiring folks from your past, that's exactly what Gary was. In fact, it was even referred to as "getting the band back together" when the hire was made.

Poet
11-18-2018, 07:27 PM
He was an assistant coach. An assistant.

And he came back and rode a great roster and the DC.

We don't have to agree - if you want to squint at things that's fine. I consider the 'Skins going back for Gibbs, or us going back for Shanahan, guys who were truly great coaches as going back. I'd even take or accept the argument for Wade who wasn't a great HC, but is one of the best damn DC's ever. But Kubiak was never a truly great HC, or even a truly great OC. And he wasn't great during the SB run. He was present. He certainly wasn't great in his last year here, either.

Davii
11-18-2018, 07:33 PM
He was an assistant coach. An assistant.

And he came back and rode a great roster and the DC.

We don't have to agree - if you want to squint at things that's fine. I consider the 'Skins going back for Gibbs, or us going back for Shanahan, guys who were truly great coaches as going back. I'd even take or accept the argument for Wade who wasn't a great HC, but is one of the best damn DC's ever. But Kubiak was never a truly great HC, or even a truly great OC. And he wasn't great during the SB run. He was present. He certainly wasn't great in his last year here, either.

Lol. Nice view. Or not.

Poet
11-18-2018, 07:37 PM
Lol. Nice view. Or not.

At least I can pride myself on not making little posts like these. Good talk. Next time you ever want to make a comment about me being a jerk reflect on these posts that you make towards me all the time.

aberdien
11-18-2018, 07:37 PM
How often has "getting the band back together" actually worked? I would bet it's very rare for that to be a successful strategy. We struck gold a few years ago with that strategy. The likelihood of us striking gold again is low. The well is dry. Get out while we're ahead.

Davii
11-18-2018, 07:47 PM
At least I can pride myself on not making little posts like these. Good talk. Next time you ever want to make a comment about me being a jerk reflect on these posts that you make towards me all the time.

I don't recall these comments. There's no point in me continuing, your view is intractable and, in my opinion, completely flawed. There is no way to prove whether Kubiak had a bigger role than you believe he had so what's the point?

And yes, you have and do make "drive by" posts like everyone else here can and sometimes do. Except Joel.

Poet
11-18-2018, 07:49 PM
I don't aim 'drive by posts', which sounds dangerous I might add, towards you.

And in more recent months I've lived up to my promise to be a better poster. Because people grow and learn.

Davii
11-18-2018, 07:49 PM
How often has "getting the band back together" actually worked? I would bet it's very rare for that to be a successful strategy. We struck gold a few years ago with that strategy. The likelihood of us striking gold again is low. The well is dry. Get out while we're ahead.

I'm not saying we should. I could see Kubiak under Harbaugh due to their history, IF Harbaugh became our coach, but it would be his decision and nobody else's.

Shanahan? Hell no. We saw how that ends here and in DC both.

My first choice would be an experienced HC like Harbaugh and a young OC

Simple Jaded
11-18-2018, 08:44 PM
I actually love the idea of Harbaugh at HC and Kubiak at OC ... let that sink in. Me, Jaded, love.

#WereScrewed

Poet
11-18-2018, 08:51 PM
Good I hope we don't get stuck with Kubiak. If JH wanted him, fine, but he was awful at calling plays here as a HC.

Hawgdriver
11-18-2018, 09:12 PM

I'm down. Age ain't but a number.

Davii
11-18-2018, 09:26 PM
Good I hope we don't get stuck with Kubiak. If JH wanted him, fine, but he was awful at calling plays here as a HC.

Did he call the plays on gameday? I didn't think he did, is my memory that bad?

Simple Jaded
11-18-2018, 09:29 PM
Did he call the plays on gameday? I didn't think he did, is my memory that bad?

I believe he did.

Hawgdriver
11-18-2018, 09:31 PM

Yeah, I don't know about all that, but he's decent. Like an offensive Wade Phillips. Don't count the dude out. And if he has a good working relationship with Harbaugh, great. I'm no fan of nostalgia as a substitute for excellence, Shazam's coaching notions don't resonate with me, but I'm not opposed to it either. I've been in the young innovator camp for a while, but I'm sure even these longtime NFL guys see the writing on the wall as far as college concepts in the pro game are concerned.

Simple Jaded
11-18-2018, 09:43 PM
How bout Harbaugh getting the band back together with Jim Caldwell?

Poet
11-18-2018, 09:46 PM
How bout Harbaugh getting the band back together with Jim Caldwell?

Oh god...Caldwell...I think he was a good coordinator?

Simple Jaded
11-19-2018, 12:42 AM
Oh god...Caldwell...I think he was a good coordinator?

I don’t know anymore, King, these times were sent to try Man’s souls.

I’m not Talibing anymore.

Poet
11-19-2018, 02:10 AM
I don’t know anymore, King, these times were sent to try Man’s souls.

I’m not Talibing anymore.

Wait...he was with the Colts...as an OC...so he was PFM's assistant.

Talibing is strong.

Just be strong.

Elevation inc
11-19-2018, 08:46 AM
I don't like the idea of Kubiak as a OC in Denver because if that happens its probably more likely that VJ is still here as coach. As much as the fans including myself can't stand him the players are still playing hard. It wasn't pretty but those kind of wins give coaches some room to breathe when on the hot seat.

Tned
11-19-2018, 09:29 AM
His offense was not very good when Kubiak was last in Denver. He seemed to give Baltimore and Flaco a boost, so I'm not sure what to think. With the better running backs, maybe Kubiak's offense could work again, but I'm not convinced. He seems to be locked into what he had success with in the 90's and hasn't evolved much.

Poet
11-19-2018, 11:30 AM
His offense was not very good when Kubiak was last in Denver. He seemed to give Baltimore and Flaco a boost, so I'm not sure what to think. With the better running backs, maybe Kubiak's offense could work again, but I'm not convinced. He seems to be locked into what he had success with in the 90's and hasn't evolved much.

I like this post!

Poet
11-20-2018, 12:14 PM
Kubiak can't call a game like Reid or McVeigh.

We don't need a weak retread.

We need a real visionary.

Kubes was once that. He is no longer.

Stay gone.

Freyaka
11-20-2018, 01:28 PM

And Flacco at QB.

Poet
11-20-2018, 01:30 PM
And Flacco at QB.

Then we are just retread city and have no hope.

Flacco sucks.

Kubiak isn't the man.

Harbaugh only works if he brings a great OC.

Shazam!
11-20-2018, 01:32 PM
And Flacco at QB.

Then we are just retread city and have no hope.

Flacco sucks.

Kubiak isn't the man.

Harbaugh only works if he brings a great OC.

Flacco is like Joe Montana compared to any Denver QB since PFM

Poet
11-20-2018, 01:35 PM
Flacco is like Joe Montana compared to any Denver QB since PFM

He still sucks.

Let's say you get Flacco. Then you go out and get Harbaugh and Kubiak.

And the defense gets a little better,for sake of argument.

That's a 9-7/10-6 team just waiting to get blown out in the playoffs.

Is that what we want to accomplish?

Poet
11-20-2018, 01:40 PM
Do you know what they said about Flacco this year? This season was the first time in four years where he was finally healthy. He was supposed to turn it all around and go back to his better form (which was never actually good, just okay) to lead a hungry Baltimore team to the playoffs.

He missed a start last week. His team won without him against the shitty Bengals, who typically own Baltimore. That's how much Flacco means in 2018. He has his fair share of turnovers and bad plays, and he is limited regarding his production. He struggles on intermediate throws. He struggles with touch. He's like 33.

That's the guy you want to lead a defensive based team?

He has 12 TDs this year. 12. That's peasant production. Going from an overrated veteran who is better suited as a backup to an overrated veteran who is transitioning into a nice backup is not the way!

TXBRONC
11-20-2018, 01:50 PM
And Flacco at QB.

Flacco hasn't been the same quarterback since Kubiak left o.c. position. If he wasn't 33 years old I would be comfortable with coming to Denver.

Shazam!
11-20-2018, 02:17 PM
I can't see Elway bringing in another FA QB unless Kennum is dealt or something. It will be a young guy through the Draft to take over in 2020.

Freyaka
11-20-2018, 03:40 PM
Flacco hasn't been the same quarterback since Kubiak left o.c. position. If he wasn't 33 years old I would be comfortable with coming to Denver.

I mean Manning was 36 when he got here and we got some good use out of him. Flacco is for the most part healthier than Manning, though not on the same level of play. At 33, he's still got 5ish years on him.

Davii
11-20-2018, 06:09 PM
I mean Manning was 36 when he got here and we got some good use out of him. Flacco is for the most part healthier than Manning, though not on the same level of play. At 33, he's still got 5ish years on him.

Flacco is no Peyton. I don't want to see Flacco here even though he is better than any QB since Peyton

TXBRONC
11-20-2018, 07:53 PM

Flacco has sucked the last three or four season yet he has five years left in him? I disagree. Just because Flacco plays quarterback doesn't mean he'll be productive like Manning was the first 3 seasons he was in Denver. The "shelf life" on every player is different. Given Flacco's trend of diminishing return I would pass on him.

Simple Jaded
11-20-2018, 10:02 PM
This team is an instant SB contender with Harbaugh, Kubiak and Flacco.

Poet
11-20-2018, 10:05 PM
This team is an instant SB contender with Harbaugh, Kubiak and Flacco.

No.

Simple Jaded
11-20-2018, 10:51 PM
No.

Si.

Poet
11-20-2018, 10:57 PM
Si.

Roxanne...

Simple Jaded
11-21-2018, 12:23 AM
Wildside

Elevation inc
11-21-2018, 04:22 AM
Do you know what they said about Flacco this year? This season was the first time in four years where he was finally healthy. He was supposed to turn it all around and go back to his better form (which was never actually good, just okay) to lead a hungry Baltimore team to the playoffs.

He missed a start last week. His team won without him against the shitty Bengals, who typically own Baltimore. That's how much Flacco means in 2018. He has his fair share of turnovers and bad plays, and he is limited regarding his production. He struggles on intermediate throws. He struggles with touch. He's like 33.

That's the guy you want to lead a defensive based team?

He has 12 TDs this year. 12. That's peasant production. Going from an overrated veteran who is better suited as a backup to an overrated veteran who is transitioning into a nice backup is not the way!

Agreed, Flacco is horrible he is no better than case keenum, he has zero moxy, is super emo and would be a waste of our time.

NightTerror218
11-21-2018, 12:01 PM
Kubes had a great offense with ravens before he became our HC.

Jsteve01
11-21-2018, 12:44 PM
Kubes had a great offense with ravens before he became our HC.

Good not great. And no i dont want him as OC

Simple Jaded
11-22-2018, 03:00 PM
Umm, Flacco is a 1st round pick and SB winner with all the talent you could ask for ... Case Keenum is Case ******* Keenum. It’s thoroughly ridiculous to compare the 2.

Hope rots the brain.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-22-2018, 05:14 PM
I would love to have Flacco. He’d have a monster year with the weapons we have.

Poet
11-22-2018, 05:23 PM
You're predicting a monster year for a 10 year veteran whose never had a monster year, while also having health issues? He's also one of the dumber QB's in the leagu.

Poet
11-22-2018, 05:24 PM
Umm, Flacco is a 1st round pick and SB winner with all the talent you could ask for ... Case Keenum is Case ******* Keenum. It’s thoroughly ridiculous to compare the 2.

Hope rots the brain.

Flacco is a broken down has-been-but-probably-never-was. He sucks. Yeah, he's better than CK. Low bar.

Just do better.

Simple Jaded
11-23-2018, 03:19 AM
Flacco is a broken down has-been-but-probably-never-was. He sucks. Yeah, he's better than CK. Low bar.

Just do better.

Still Top 18 or 19, easy. He’s the best former Kubiak QB and you know how he prefers recycling former players to finding new players.

Poet
11-23-2018, 01:09 PM
Still Top 18 or 19, easy. He’s the best former Kubiak QB and you know how he prefers recycling former players to finding new players.

Of course he's the best former Kubiak QB. Kubiak is scared to get a truly talented QB because then his shitty offense and outdated thinking would be exposed. So he has to get either pure hacks or broken down QBs.

That's probably a hot take, but I truly detest Kubiak.

Davii
11-23-2018, 02:54 PM
Of course he's the best former Kubiak QB. Kubiak is scared to get a truly talented QB because then his shitty offense and outdated thinking would be exposed. So he has to get either pure hacks or broken down QBs.

Probably? It's a ridiculously hot take. I agree that Kubiak's offense MIGHT be out of date but a better QB would run it, well, better.

I also think his offense would work well with the right folks. THAT to me is the problem, not that his offense is outdated, that he isn't flexible enough to fit his system to his player's strengths and tries to do the opposite.

But to detest Kubiak? Come on man.

Poet
11-23-2018, 02:57 PM
Kubiak sucks, bro. He got carried by an elite roster and Phillips. He was average elsewhere. Now we're raking in his scraps like Keenum? Nah man. Don't want.

I can buy into the fact that he might have helped a lot on the draft class. I'll believe that - but everything else I've seen him do is poo.

If he can't adapt his offense to his player's strengths he's basically a more likable Mike Martz.

Nope.

Davii
11-23-2018, 03:03 PM
Kubiak sucks, bro. He got carried by an elite roster and Phillips. He was average elsewhere. Now we're raking in his scraps like Keenum? Nah man. Don't want.

I can buy into the fact that he might have helped a lot on the draft class. I'll believe that - but everything else I've seen him do is poo.

If he can't adapt his offense to his player's strengths he's basically a more likable Mike Martz.

Nope.

Ok. Carry on.... I'm on record saying I want a younger coach with fresh ideas at OC, but I think your massive overstatement about Kubiak is dead wrong.

I don't think he's the right man for the job, but he doesn't suck, and he's been a successful OC and above average HC.

Poet
11-23-2018, 03:04 PM
He's on the list of being an average HC carried by a team he had nothing to do with.

He has been up and down as an OC - I had him as a good coordinator...but probably gave him too much credit.

He sucks. I don't like him.

Shazam!
11-23-2018, 03:05 PM

Probably? It's a ridiculously hot take. I agree that Kubiak's offense MIGHT be out of date but a better QB would run it, well, better.

I also think his offense would work well with the right folks. THAT to me is the problem, not that his offense is outdated, that he isn't flexible enough to fit his system to his player's strengths and tries to do the opposite.

But to detest Kubiak? Come on man.

Davii, hes a Bengals fan inside. Not dealing with a normal fan here. Hes tore up inside! Damaged goods if you will.

Poet
11-23-2018, 03:06 PM
Davii, hes a Bengals fan inside. Not dealing with a normal fan here. Hes tore up inside! Damaged goods if you will.

Knock, Knock.

Shazam!
11-23-2018, 04:15 PM

Knock, Knock.

Whos there

Poet
11-23-2018, 04:16 PM
Whos there

Shut.

DenBronx
11-23-2018, 07:56 PM
I just don’t see Baltimore firing Harbaugh. Even if they have a losing season.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-23-2018, 11:30 PM
I just don’t see Baltimore firing Harbaugh. Even if they have a losing season.

They’ve already “mutually agreed to part ways at season’s end”.

Poet
11-24-2018, 12:17 AM
They’ve already “mutually agreed to part ways at season’s end”.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ravens-john-harbaugh-headed-to-a-mutual-parting-of-ways-in-season-firing-not-discussed/

turftoad
11-24-2018, 12:31 AM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ravens-john-harbaugh-headed-to-a-mutual-parting-of-ways-in-season-firing-not-discussed/

Oh boy!!

Baltimore's offense wasn't to shabby with Harbaugh as HC and Gary as OC! With a tough "D" Baltomore was pretty tough back then.

Just sayin.

Poet
11-24-2018, 12:50 AM
Oh boy!!

Baltimore's offense wasn't to shabby with Harbaugh as HC and Gary as OC! With a tough "D" Baltomore was pretty tough back then.

Just sayin.

It wasn't a high scoring offense. Flacco wasn't a top ten caliber QB.

And that defense would have been violated this year.

If we go to JH and GK is his HC it will be sad for a former HC to be a coordinator for the place he was the HC. Kubiak would embarrass himself.

He would also still be the same bland boring OC. He's a one trick...Bronco.

I would be sad as ****, TT! Sad af. S AF. SAF.

UnderArmour
11-24-2018, 12:08 PM
It wasn't a high scoring offense. Flacco wasn't a top ten caliber QB.

And that defense would have been violated this year.

If we go to JH and GK is his HC it will be sad for a former HC to be a coordinator for the place he was the HC. Kubiak would embarrass himself.

He would also still be the same bland boring OC. He's a one trick...Bronco.

I would be sad as ****, TT! Sad af. S AF. SAF.

Not really. Kubiak had to leave because of health. The Broncos just had an all time great coordinator come back five years ago to the same place he was HC and win a ring, except this guy got fired for not having a handle on things. I don't think there would be anything embarrassing about bringing Kubiak down from the front office, unless it was to work for Vance Joseph. As far as DCs go, I'm hoping for Pagano or Rex Ryan(preferably the latter). I still have bad memories from 2011 of Martindale, and don't want him as coordinator again. It looks like Todd Bowles will also be available, and he'd be awesome as well.

Bruce Arians would be another great offensive coordinator or head coach. I don't think Elway wants a coach that takes the spotlight away from him, so Arians probably isn't going to happen as HC. Not to mention, any team that hired Arians is going to likely have to send a draft pick back to Arizona. Offensively though, what he did with Carson Palmer and getting things together after a revolving door at QB might be what this team needs.

Of course, it's still possible Vance Joseph completely lucks out and this team upsets the Steelers, paving the way to a path to a winning season, and he saves his job.

Poet
11-24-2018, 12:21 PM
The difference Phillips was here years and years ago. After a very public failed stint at HC, while admitting he wasn't a HC anymore.

Arians as HC makes the King dance.

MOtorboat
11-24-2018, 12:35 PM
Resist the urge, John. Resist the urge.