PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 11 (Chargers week)

VonDoom
11-12-2018, 03:33 PM
I posted this in the bye week thread but since we didn’t have a game this week and VJ’s presser was on to LA, I figured I might as well get this going:

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 2h2 hours ago
Broncos are signing veteran center Gino Gradkowski to replace Matt Paradis on 53-man roster. #9sports

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 2h2 hours ago
Gino Gradkowski was with Broncos in offseason of 2015. Cut before season. He was with Carolina Panthers the previous two years(on IR last year). Cut by the Jets this year. A 4th round Ravens draft pick in 2012. He turned 30 last week. #9sports

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 39m39 minutes ago
Fun fact: When Broncos acquired C-G Gino Gradkowski from BAL in 2015, they also swapped draft picks. BAL took starting guard Alex Lewis with Broncos' 4th-rd pick in '16 draft; Broncos took Connor McGovern in 5th rd. McGovern is now starting center, Gradkowski his backup #9sports

VonDoom
11-12-2018, 03:34 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 15m15 minutes ago
#Broncos Joseph expecting Stewart, Freeman and Hamilton and Roby back at practice. #Denver7

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 13m13 minutes ago
#Broncos Vance Joseph @1043TheFan "I think it's very common to take some time with those things (Case learning Musgrave's system). Obviously, we can get better offensively."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 11m11 minutes ago
#Broncos Joseph says team is "battle-tested" and embraces challenge of facing another scalding hot team. #Denver7

Kyle Fredrickson‏Verified account @kylefredrickson 12m12 minutes ago
On finishing games: "We've played some of the better teams close, but there are no moral victories in this league ... we are battled tested and our team won't shy away."

On TE Jeff Heuerman's development: "He's been one of our better players ... he's making difficult catches and he's a matchup problem for safeties."

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 10m10 minutes ago
Vance Joseph: Message to team coming off bye:”Small focus. One game at a time.” #9sports

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 10m10 minutes ago
#Broncos Vance Joseph @1043TheFan "I want to win more games for our team, our players and our city. I told guys that 'hope' cannot be our strategy. You've gotta play better."

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 9m9 minutes ago
#Broncos Vance Joseph @1043TheFan "In the first 15 (plays) you can just tell...good or bad..and on both sides of the ball. We have to start better."

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 8m8 minutes ago
#Broncos Vance Joseph @1043TheFan "Emmanuel Sanders has been a leader in that room. I'm really proud of him. He plays on fire every weekend."

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 6m6 minutes ago
Joseph on Phillip Lindsay keeping on keeping on: “Its been two months, its not a fluke. He’s a good player.”#9sports

FanInAZ
11-12-2018, 06:52 PM
For what its worth, 1 more loss by us, or win by the Chiefs, will mathematically eliminate us from the Divisional title contention :D

Cugel
11-13-2018, 11:27 AM
#Broncos Joseph says team is "battle-tested" and embraces challenge of facing another scalding hot team. #Denver7

More Honest Vance: "We've gotten our heads beaten in every week, but that just means 'we're battle tested!'"

Your fifth grader could make the same claim if he flunked every math test "at least I'm battle tested!" Unfortunately we can't send Vance back to Summer School.

VonDoom
11-13-2018, 02:21 PM
Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala
John Elway, on @OrangeBlue760
, talking about his expectations for the rest of the season: "“Every time I look at a schedule I think we can win every football game. That hasn’t changed. ... We can't listen to the naysayers and everything that's going on."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver
John Elway, on @orangeblue760
, on the fans: "I understand that their Mondays are as depressed as mine are" when the team has been playing like it has.

John Elway: "I think that there are only so many things you can do during the season to improve things. … When you lose, everything gets magnified."

MOtorboat
11-13-2018, 04:02 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 11m11 minutes ago

On finishing games: "We've played some of the better teams close, but there are no moral victories in this league ... we are battled tested and our team won't shy away.

This guy.

NightTrainLayne
11-13-2018, 04:34 PM
Well, he's right. We're battle tested.

We've just failed the test more often than not.

MOtorboat
11-13-2018, 04:39 PM
Well, he's right. We're battle tested.

We've just failed the test more often than not.

Everybody has played the same amount of "battle."

NightTrainLayne
11-13-2018, 05:00 PM
Everybody has played the same amount of "battle."

So you're saying we're not special?

MOtorboat
11-13-2018, 05:05 PM
So you're saying we're not special?

Oh, we're "special" alright!

Tangerine
11-13-2018, 05:23 PM
John Elway, on @OrangeBlue760
, talking about his expectations for the rest of the season: "“Every time I look at a schedule I think we can win every football game. That hasn’t changed. ... We can't listen to the naysayers and everything that's going on."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver
John Elway, on @orangeblue760
, on the fans: "I understand that their Mondays are as depressed as mine are" when the team has been playing like it has.

John Elway: "I think that there are only so many things you can do during the season to improve things. … When you lose, everything gets magnified."

Yes John, everything gets magnified, like all the crappy moves you've made the last couple years...

VonDoom
11-13-2018, 07:20 PM
https://twitter.com/cecillammey/status/1062499276675145728?s=21

I Like TDs
11-13-2018, 08:19 PM
Yes John, everything gets magnified, like all the crappy moves you've made the last couple years...

Bringing back Gino Gradkowski is yet another crappy move. I just wonder why him? Schofield, Sambrailo, Donald Stephenson or Menelik Watson wouldn't take Elway's call? :lol:

Someone should take the garbage bins away from Elway.

Rick
11-13-2018, 09:15 PM
He came in to backup center. Who did you expect this time of year, Pouncy?

VonDoom
11-14-2018, 02:31 PM
TV maps are up. By some weird scheduling, I actually get this game on TV:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2018&wk=11

VonDoom
11-14-2018, 02:31 PM
https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1062781449860866048?s=21

Shazam!
11-14-2018, 03:34 PM
TV maps are up. By some weird scheduling, I actually get this game on TV:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2018&wk=11

More of us get to watch Denver get creamed. Great.

Nomad
11-14-2018, 03:37 PM
Oh yeah. Rivers & Co going down, and it’ll be on here. We even get good ol Dan Fouts. LoL

Shazam!
11-14-2018, 03:56 PM
Gawd I hate Fouts. He's such a blatant homer and hater.

VonDoom
11-16-2018, 12:27 PM
Ouch, our OL taking a beating this year:

https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1063482748357107712?s=21

dogfish
11-16-2018, 12:35 PM
i'll say the same thing i said about leary-- the silver lining here is that this may actually force them to address the line in next year's draft. . . we're now one veldheer ding away from playing a street free agent, or sam jones. . . with apologies to my man nomad, this should increase our odds of getting a high pick next year, without needing to intentionally tank to get there. . . we are now officially beat up, in addition to being poorly coached and not very good. . . that's some pretty shit luck when you gotta put three OLs on injured reserve. . .

Freyaka
11-16-2018, 12:36 PM
Bringing back Gino Gradkowski is yet another crappy move. I just wonder why him? Schofield, Sambrailo, Donald Stephenson or Menelik Watson wouldn't take Elway's call? :lol:

Someone should take the garbage bins away from Elway.

I mean, who else is out there? It's not like there's a brand name center next to the dollar bin rejects. It's middle of the year, beggars can't be choosers. We are beggars and by the way, Garcia is out for the year now too so guess what, another dollar store reject is on the way.

The line we started the season with wasn't an awful line, but we've had a lot of injuries over the last several weeks that have really just made a mess of things.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-16-2018, 01:27 PM
I feel bad for Garcia. I’m more comfortable with Turner.

Canmore
11-16-2018, 01:49 PM
Oh yeah. Rivers & Co going down, and it’ll be on here. We even get good ol Dan Fouts. LoL

Boy does he love the Broncos.

VonDoom
11-16-2018, 01:56 PM
https://twitter.com/masedenver/status/1063504816146661382?s=21

https://twitter.com/nickijhabvala/status/1063505442867941376?s=21

I Like TDs
11-16-2018, 07:11 PM
I mean, who else is out there? It's not like there's a brand name center next to the dollar bin rejects. It's middle of the year, beggars can't be choosers. We are beggars and by the way, Garcia is out for the year now too so guess what, another dollar store reject is on the way.

The line we started the season with wasn't an awful line, but we've had a lot of injuries over the last several weeks that have really just made a mess of things.

I don't know-- isn't that kind of what PS is for? The O-line seems to be an Achilles heel; or is that QB, or Head Coach? Too many Achilles heels to keep track of anymore.

turftoad
11-16-2018, 08:26 PM
I don't know-- isn't that kind of what PS is for? The O-line seems to be an Achilles heel; or is that QB, or Head Coach? Too many Achilles heels to keep track of anymore.

Agreed!
I think it's the OL first. What, we've lost 4 out of 5 starters!? Then it's the coaching. Shitty schemes, bone head decisions and he's in over his head. I'm not that disappointed at QB. How is he supposed to overcome the first two?

Simple Jaded
11-16-2018, 10:36 PM
Ouch, our OL taking a beating this year:

https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1063482748357107712?s=21

I refuse to believe that Turner can’t suck just as good as Garcia.

Simple Jaded
11-16-2018, 10:39 PM
Agreed!
I think it's the OL first. What, we've lost 4 out of 5 starters!? Then it's the coaching. Shitty schemes, bone head decisions and he's in over his head. I'm not that disappointed at QB. How is he supposed to overcome the first two?

He sucked before he had this excuse.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-17-2018, 06:11 AM
He sucked before he had this excuse.

Exactly, most of Keenum’s worst moments this year were unforced errors. Ints when not under pressure, over/underthrows, throwing short of the sticks on most 3rd downs, not even seeing wide open receivers to lock on to a guy that’s double/triple covered, drifting back in the pocket vice stepping up, holding the ball too long, etc. Those have nothing to do with the Oline.

Poet
11-18-2018, 12:15 PM
We will continue to make excuses for limited crappy QB's and I won't stand for it anymore! I'm putting my foot down or something. I guess. Maybe.

Yeah!